Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should I upgrade to a bigger landed house?

Viewed some semi d and corner terrace yesterday and will be viewing a few more today. All seem to be asking for around 3.5million but many negotiable....some are selling to avoid paying ABSD for new purchases so seem quite desperate to sell....hubby says if we really decide to upgrade better sell first before buying and I agree so that we will not be desperate to sell with time frame and likely prices going lower.

Only thing is must be sure can hold for at least 4 years to avoid SSD and unsure if market may fall by then....

Anyway, just viewing for fun just like how many of us have hobby of viewing condo showflats....

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    Viewed some semi d and corner terrace yesterday and will be viewing a few more today. All seem to be asking for around 3.5million but many negotiable....some are selling to avoid paying ABSD for new purchases so seem quite desperate to sell....hubby says if we really decide to upgrade better sell first before buying and I agree so that we will not be desperate to sell with time frame and likely prices going lower.

Only thing is must be sure can hold for at least 4 years to avoid SSD and unsure if market may fall by then....

Anyway, just viewing for fun just like how many of us have hobby of viewing condo showflats....

Yes good to view more. As every house is different and considering the price, it is good to take your time to find one you like best.

Moreover buyer's market now

Had an offer of 1.6 million for my house and agent say valuation now dropped to 1.85million (dunno true or not) and she wants to negotiate for me....I told her we prob will not sell then if market is really falling, not in a rush to sell and believe in will go up in the longterm...

Had an offer of 1.6 million for my house and agent say valuation now dropped to 1.85million (dunno true or not) and she wants to negotiate for me....I told her we prob will not sell then if market is really falling, not in a rush to sell and believe in will go up in the longterm...
    You should ask her where she got such valuation number, her incentive is to just get the transaction done, the interest is never aligned.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Ringo,
    see below link:
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...28&postcount=9

I am not wrong about what I said about you:

In just your below 1 post, you make many personal character attack, insults, and derogatory statements about me............!!!
    Let me point out 1 by 1:

1) just because you missed the boat on MM, OCR and bought at the wrong side of CCR
    You can provide evidence to your assertion? Please do not tell lies as though they are facts!

2) sprout nonsense in this forum.
    By making the below post, it is obvious who is sprouting nonsense in this forum.

3) acting like uneducated petulant kid
    Wow wow! For all you know, I am much more educated than you, I am old already, still call me "kid"? Please stop all your lies!

4) spread lies and talking shit in this forum.
    Again, slandering me that I spread lies and talking shit!

5) You are worst than the foreign workers whom you are so fond of making fun.
    Did I make fun of foreign workers? Wow! Please do not put words into my mouth.
    I remember you are the one talking about something bad about the Blanga isn't it?
    I have no idea what you are talking, appreciate if you can stop harassing me.

If you wish to talk about air pollution, foreign workers peeing at teban, workers dormitory, fengshui, earthquake in jurong etc, by all means set up a thread to do so instead of polluting your childish post everywhere in this forum.

And btw, I have started a thread on your favorite subject (AIR POLLUTION) and I hope you will use that to share you knowledge on pollution instead of hijacking my thread for your own amusement.
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=21010&page=2

Again, please stop harassing me.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You are the one who made many personal character attack, insults, and derogatory statements about me as can be seen in your post and now you say I harassing you? This is like the robber calling the victim "robber" and act as the innocent victim!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking, appreciate if you can stop harassing me.

If you wish to talk about air pollution, foreign workers peeing at teban, workers dormitory, fengshui, earthquake in jurong etc, by all means set up a thread to do so instead of polluting your childish post everywhere in this forum.

And btw, I have started a thread on your favorite subject (AIR POLLUTION) and I hope you will use that to share you knowledge on pollution instead of hijacking my thread for your own amusement.
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=21010&page=2

Again, please stop harassing me.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Ringo,
    see below link:
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...28&postcount=9

I am not wrong about what I said about you:

In just your below 1 post, you make many personal character attack, insults, and derogatory statements about me............!!!
    Let me point out 1 by 1:

1) just because you missed the boat on MM, OCR and bought at the wrong side of CCR
    You can provide evidence to your assertion? Please do not tell lies as though they are facts!

2) sprout nonsense in this forum.
    By making the below post, it is obvious who is sprouting nonsense in this forum.

3) acting like uneducated petulant kid
    Wow wow! For all you know, I am much more educated than you, I am old already, still call me "kid"? Please stop all your lies!

4) spread lies and talking shit in this forum.
    Again, slandering me that I spread lies and talking shit!

5) You are worst than the foreign workers whom you are so fond of making fun.
    Did I make fun of foreign workers? Wow! Please do not put words into my mouth.
    I remember you are the one talking about something bad about the Blanga isn't it?

Agreed with economist that the agent may be just trying to make a sale. 1.6m seems low if you look at transactions in the area or even landed in other areas further.

Yeah, anyway no hurry to sell now that I have signed on a new job that pays much better
    ..may even afford to retire in my terrace in Sg now....

Yeah, anyway no hurry to sell now that I have signed on a new job that pays much better
    ..may even afford to retire in my terrace in Sg now....
    Great! Cheers. I think you keep quiet and the other party will offer higher

It's really hard to put a price on landed property unless you are selling a run down landed property for rebuilding purpose. If someone like it they will make you a good offer.

Having said that I think potential buyer today are mostly low baller hoping to hit a jack pot.

I would to the same if I am looking for one myself.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    Great! Cheers. I think you keep quiet and the other party will offer higher
    Hey u r right! Now they want to give me a cheque for 1.8 million! Cause agents claimed they did bank valuation and it was 1.8 million....now dunno whether to accept or not...

One Braddel Heights terrace selling for 2.3 million neg. Land 1700sq ft and built up 2500sq ft. Wanna view....it is a more prestigious estate....last time visited my classmate whose father head of medical board and they lived in a bungalow with big land there....

One run down terrace was just sold along my street and worried when the caveat comes out sure very low and drag down my valuation...

Sigh hubby just rejected the cheque for 1% of 1.8mil....feel a bit of a pity....

Hey u r right! Now they want to give me a cheque for 1.8 million! Cause agents claimed they did bank valuation and it was 1.8 million....now dunno whether to accept or not...

One Braddel Heights terrace selling for 2.3 million neg. Land 1700sq ft and built up 2500sq ft. Wanna view....it is a more prestigious estate....last time visited my classmate whose father head of medical board and they lived in a bungalow with big land there....

One run down terrace was just sold along my street and worried when the caveat comes out sure very low and drag down my valuation...
    Hehe.... If you are not in hurry, you silence longer maybe the agent make another valuation mistake and offer you higher

Personally I think your area not bad - with mrt coming in a number of years and also amenities improving with ntuc coming.

You may want to assess how is your landed condition vs the run down terrace. If yours better then you can still command premium vs that old one. After all the newer ones at oasis still around 1800+ psf so that also affect your valuation I suppose.

My 2

Ya Braddell heights is good.
    Peaceful wide road height restricted so not messy n potential for plot ratio adjustment.
    2.3m is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181 View Post
    Ya Braddell heights is good.
    Peaceful wide road height restricted so not messy n potential for plot ratio adjustment.
    2.3m is reasonable.
    Agent says need renovation...yet to see the Braddell Heights terrace....but if upgrading, hope to get a semi d with space for a pool ...

Just got my second offer 1.75 then 1.8 mil and now agent negotiating with them...an Indian couple in late 50s prob...they just saw and made an offer within 10min of viewing! Hmmm, seems like my entry level landed is quite hot...heard from another agent that there r talks to remove ABSD and SSD soon and that prices will not fall too much these few yrs cause Sg 50th birthday next year and election yr 2016....

Agent says need renovation...yet to see the Braddell Heights terrace....but if upgrading, hope to get a semi d with space for a pool ...

Just got my second offer 1.75 then 1.8 mil and now agent negotiating with them...an Indian couple in late 50s prob...they just saw and made an offer within 10min of viewing! Hmmm, seems like my entry level landed is quite hot...heard from another agent that there r talks to remove ABSD and SSD soon and that prices will not fall too much these few yrs cause Sg 50th birthday next year and election yr 2016....
    Only snake oil agent will speculate things like removing ABSD or SSD because nobody except the government knows what they are going to do. Plus such cooling measures are introduces to property investors from making easy money on property. Even if they are going to remove ABSD, they will most likely to do it for foreigners and unfortunately foreigners cant buy landed property.

If you asked me, I would say dont waste time moving from terrace to terrace because it doesnt really sound like an upgrade to me. After paying stamp duties, renovation, rework etc, then you realize that you are back to square one and you will again be looking at upgrading few years down the road.

not just this agent.. this kinda viral rumours are spreading everywhere.. a property seminar today the guru forecast Q3 might withdraw the CM

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax View Post
    not just this agent.. this kinda viral rumours are spreading everywhere.. a property seminar today the guru forecast Q3 might withdraw the CM
    time must be really bad.

The minister has already said "Too early to start relaxing property cooling measures".

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...s-says-tharman

Possible to expect a reduction of absd.

Personally would like to see staggering capital gain to replace ssd.

Hi Threadstarter,

I would advise that you sell your current entry level landed and upgrade to the Semi D.

Reason being, your current landed is relatively new (I believe) to command $1500psf at this moment. 20 years down the road later, it becomes old house, and the main selling point is no longer the building but the land. So unless land price has gone up a lot by then, you are better off selling it now when building is still new and worth more. In other words, you may be in a risk of price heading south rather than north when building becomes older.

As for the Semi D you are contemplating, I believe it is an old house to command such low price. You are basically buying the land at less than $1000psf. As far as I know, the current avg land price is $1000 to $1200psf in OCR. And once you bought this Semi D, you can be sure the price will only head north than south in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    Possible to expect a reduction of absd.

Personally would like to see staggering capital gain to replace ssd.
    Maybe consider reducing/eliminating ABSD if the buyer did not purchase a property the last 3 to 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Hi Threadstarter,

I would advise that you sell your current entry level landed and upgrade to the Semi D.

Reason being, your current landed is relatively new (I believe) to command $1500psf at this moment. 20 years down the road later, it becomes old house, and the main selling point is no longer the building but the land. So unless land price has gone up a lot by then, you are better off selling it now when building is still new and worth more. In other words, you may be in a risk of price heading south rather than north when building becomes older.

As for the Semi D you are contemplating, I believe it is an old house to command such low price. You are basically buying the land at less than $1000psf. As far as I know, the current avg land price is $1000 to $1200psf in OCR. And once you bought this Semi D, you can be sure the price will only head north than south in the near future.
    Thanks for yr advice....the semi d I mentioned faces a temple so tho good value, I will not buy it cause am a Christian...

But eyeing a corner terrace now at Poh Huat area with land 2832 and 2500 built up with a big garden to build pool, asking for 2.8 mil....rejected 2.5 mil....going to view with mum and family tomorrow....saw it from outside just now and quite like it...

Asking price also less than 1000psf but it has 850years lease left, not freehold.....

Do you think it is a good buy?

Why moving further away from city as compared to your current place? Have you consider sennett estate area? The traffic at upper serangoon road is going to get worst when sengkang is fully developed.
    Thanks for yr advice....the semi d I mentioned faces a temple so tho good value, I will not buy it cause am a Christian...

But eyeing a corner terrace now at Poh Huat area with land 2832 and 2500 built up with a big garden to build pool, asking for 2.8 mil....rejected 2.5 mil....going to view with mum and family tomorrow....saw it from outside just now and quite like it...

Asking price also less than 1000psf but it has 850years lease left, not freehold.....

Hi, I would still think it is good buy as long as below $1000psf. 850 years lease is very long. It is as good as freehold. Won't bother me as a buyer. There are people who bought 99 yrs landed in Sembawang at prices only slightly lower than FH/999yrs. Those are the ones who will be stucked when they try to sell 20 yrs later.

It seems like ur criteria is landed with capacity to build pool. You need to know where the sewage line is as pool cannot be built on top of sewage line. To re-route the sewage line is big project and cost $$$. You can still build one illegally without changing sewage line but u have to reinstate it back before you sell.

I was looking at this house (approx. 3000sqft land) along Amber Rd (asking close to $5M) several months back. It is relatively new (5 yrs old) and may hv capacity to build a pool on the side. But will be out of your budget unless u can stretch more.

By the way, dun buy property near temple bec of bad fengshui. That explains the lower price too. Next time anything happen to the family, you will blame it on the bad fengshui.

Did not know about the sewage line thingy...thx for info Blue...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Why moving further away from city as compared to your current place? Have you consider sennett estate area? The traffic at upper serangoon road is going to get worst when sengkang is fully developed.
    Still looking around....not confirmed yet....will consider yr point....thx...

There was a corner terrace with quite a sizeable garden on sale 5 months ago. It is facing the large field next to cedar girl school. Not sure if it has been sold.
    Still looking around....not confirmed yet....will consider yr point....thx...

just a word of advice : when you are house hunting and spotted a decent buy try not to post on public forum and ask for opinions... ask around families, relatives and friends...

hidden dragons / crouching tigers may just snoop the deal from under your nose...

if you wish to sell thou, just do it freely

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy8681 View Post
    just a word of advice : when you are house hunting and spotted a decent buy try not to post on public forum and ask for opinions... ask around families, relatives and friends...

hidden dragons / crouching tigers may just snoop the deal from under your nose...

if you wish to sell thou, just do it freely
    Good advise,

For Sale

5 Room HDB at Balam Road
    2 Bedroom at Southbank
    3 Bedroom PH at Terrasse.