Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 381318232829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: The Palette (D18, 99 years leasehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping lamb View Post
    Not for this -.- Not necessary to keep a close eye on the progress but maybe a monthly or bi-monthly update suffice. The exceptional slowness is quite nightmarish
    Nightmare indeed.

any idea who is in control of the speed of the progress of the construction? The main con or the developer?

I was tinking it wouldn't be to their advantage to construct a project slowly, no?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    any idea who is in control of the speed of the progress of the construction? The main con or the developer?

I was tinking it wouldn't be to their advantage to construct a project slowly, no?
    tight labour crunch in the construction industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy View Post
    tight labour crunch in the construction industry.
    but hor, I see projects like riversound/bartley residence de progress until very fast leh ....

but hor, I see projects like riversound/bartley residence de progress until very fast leh ....
    Palette is a huge construction with over 800 units, can this be the reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by Beebot View Post
    bartley resi is 702 units, not small either.
    both palette n bartley resi is under cdl ...

bartley resi is 702 units, not small either.
    both palette n bartley resi is under cdl ...
    cos palette cheaper so behind the queue lor...

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy View Post
    cos palette cheaper so behind the queue lor...
    hmmm ... liddat I expect dnest to TOP earlier den palette liao!

I checked with CDL y Palette so slow in construction, the reply said Palette would "complete on time".
    From what I monitor pictures update From our kind Winson, CDL really has a catch up plan for Palette, its progressing well, indeed the workers work till 10 pm daily .
    Problem is ... Palette like a snail now attributed to its foundation startrd very very late (maybe 9 months to 1 year?)...all condos launched later Palette eg Ripple Bay , Bedok Residences , QBay... Are much much ahead than Palette. (Bedok Mall is going to open this year Xmas,my God)
    I really not sure what is the reason behind for delay, as a buyer waiting almost 2 years still not seen 30% completion is quite disappointed.
    I really hope that Palette can complete before end of 2014 and we can move in before CNY 2015. Just pray for it harder
    Thank you

Could be some complicated feature landscape which they need to do it carefully. Once down, everything will be easy. I can see all blocks already up which means that the foundation already settled. So should be very fast from now.

hmmm ... liddat I expect dnest to TOP earlier den palette liao!
    At least the construction firm is different, thankfully...

I think CDL may not be on top of things... I wonder how they did NV in 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Palette67 View Post
    I checked with CDL y Palette so slow in construction, the reply said Palette would "complete on time".
    From what I monitor pictures update From our kind Winson, CDL really has a catch up plan for Palette, its progressing well, indeed the workers work till 10 pm daily .
    Problem is ... Palette like a snail now attributed to its foundation startrd very very late (maybe 9 months to 1 year?)...all condos launched later Palette eg Ripple Bay , Bedok Residences , QBay... Are much much ahead than Palette. (Bedok Mall is going to open this year Xmas,my God)
    I really not sure what is the reason behind for delay, as a buyer waiting almost 2 years still not seen 30% completion is quite disappointed.
    I really hope that Palette can complete before end of 2014 and we can move in before CNY 2015. Just pray for it harder
    Thank you
    The definition of on time is vague: anytime before end 2016 is still on time. TOP by end 2014 seems impossible based on current progress. Most of us are only at stage 1 payment and there are still quite a few stages to hit before TOP.

Thank you
    4-4.5 years from purchase to move-in is quite normal. No? So I wouldn't be surprised if it couldn't complete by CNY 2015.

Expect TOP to be early 2016 as stated by CDL. This is still within the time frame stated in our S & P (DEC 2016). Anything earlier is a bonus.

Anyone here selling their HDB flat after getting their keys? I wonder what is the HDB resale market like in 2016? We are still contemplating whether to keep or sell our HDB upon collecting our keys. I am very afraid of getting bad tenants and all the hassle that will arise. On the other hand, having a flat to generate passive income is also vital as my spouse and I will be in our 50s in a few years' time, not too far from retirement. As it is, we are already facing more and more health problems with each passing year, despite exercising regularly and watching our diet.

Expect TOP to be early 2016 as stated by CDL. This is still within the time frame stated in our S & P (DEC 2016). Anything earlier is a bonus.

Anyone here selling their HDB flat after getting their keys? I wonder what is the HDB resale market like in 2016? We are still contemplating whether to keep or sell our HDB upon collecting our keys. I am very afraid of getting bad tenants and all the hassle that will arise. On the other hand, having a flat to generate passive income is also vital as my spouse and I will be in our 50s in a few years' time, not too far from retirement. As it is, we are already facing more and more health problems with each passing year, despite exercising regularly and watching our diet.
    hdb flat is a golden goose

At this point, I m planning to sublet it and use the rental income to cover the loan & expenses for the condo. Think most pple in this situation will do that. Avoid getting 2 types of tenants (not going to spell out what nationality - easy guess here) & you should be safe ^·^

Quote Originally Posted by LiveYoung View Post
    4-4.5 years from purchase to move-in is quite normal. No? So I wouldn't be surprised if it couldn't complete by CNY 2015.
    Hi - anyway 2015/2016 is just around the corner. Time does go by very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by LinLin View Post
    Hi - anyway 2015/2016 is just around the corner. Time does go by very fast.
    it's that sense of discomfort that NV received TOP in 2012/13 and it was only released 1 year before Palette >.<
    And the many other projects that were launched before Palette are progressing much faster. Early 2016 is more than 2 years (730days) away.....yawn

it's that sense of discomfort that NV received TOP in 2012/13 and it was only released 1 year before Palette >.<
    And the many other projects that were launched before Palette are progressing much faster. Early 2016 is more than 2 years (730days) away.....yawn
    For me, another reason I hope the construction can progress faster is because the sibor rate is still low now... I really don't want to wait till the sibor rate shoot high high then only start to receive the rest of the payment notice.

Indeed I got letter from loan bank that the interest rate increased ...

Quote Originally Posted by SG Life View Post
    For me, another reason I hope the construction can progress faster is because the sibor rate is still low now... I really don't want to wait till the sibor rate shoot high high then only start to receive the rest of the payment notice.

Bro, it's the spread that went up. Not sibor rate

http://singaporesibor.com/singapore-...l-sibor-chart/

Totally agreed with SG life , we will not want our monthly loan to increase every now and then .The faster they bullit ,our monthly payment are still under our control as currently the spread are still low.

Today Palette TOP progress quarterly update - 25.2% from 17.9% , increase 7.3%.

What is in your mind?

What is in your mind?
    By the time Palatte and D'Nest are fully built up, the age of these two developments are 5.5 and 7 years old respectively already. 99-year property get depreciated with time passing by, I'd say they are of much disadvantage when compared to the first two already TOP ones in the same plot of land. The last piece of land that is going on sales around Nov this year will be even worse. But well, CDL probably has factored in the remaining leasehold years upon TOP into the selling price.

By the time Palatte and D'Nest are fully built up, the age of these two developments are 5.5 and 7 years old respectively already. 99-year property get depreciated with time passing by, I'd say they are of much disadvantage when compared to the first two already TOP ones in the same plot of land. The last piece of land that is going on sales around Nov this year will be even worse. But well, CDL probably has factored in the remaining leasehold years upon TOP into the selling price.
    FYI, both livia n NV 99 lease starts from yr 2008, while palette starts from yr 2010. Not sure about Dnest n the last plot.... Likely should be later than 2008.

What is in your mind?
    It has been progressing at around 2.4% per month for the past 6 months (see page 90 for the past progress status http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...=12295&page=90)

CDL website stated TOP on Dec 2016, if every month progress at 2.4%, it will hit 100% around May 2016 and still meet the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by kale View Post
    FYI, both livia n NV 99 lease starts from yr 2008, while palette starts from yr 2010. Not sure about Dnest n the last plot.... Likely should be later than 2008.
    Both Palatte and D'nest leasehold count started from Oct 2010 as per CDL website indicates. Based on TOP progress updated by CDL official source, Palatte is scheduled to obtain its TOP on Q1 2016 based on start-to-date progress, still it's a whopping 5.5 years. Not to mention D'nest only obtaining its TOP by Q4 2017 as per update by CDL in their website.
    Guess the long duration in between is due to historical reason where garment didn't prohibit developers from reserving land bank. \

Both Palatte and D'nest leasehold count started from Oct 2010 as per CDL website indicates. Based on TOP progress updated by CDL official source, Palatte is scheduled to obtain its TOP on Q1 2016 based on start-to-date progress, still it's a whopping 5.5 years. Not to mention D'nest only obtaining its TOP by Q4 2017 as per update by CDL in their website.
    Guess the long duration in between is due to historical reason where garment didn't prohibit developers from reserving land bank. \
    Now its only Oct 13 and 2016 is still a long way ahead. It feels like I just bought it yesterday and expect to wait 2.5 years. If there's no SSD, I will flip it and get something that's going to TOP soon.

Now its only Oct 13 and 2016 is still a long way ahead. It feels like I just bought it yesterday and expect to wait 2.5 years. If there's no SSD, I will flip it and get something that's going to TOP soon.
    This is also my sentiment. If there is no SSD, I would also sell it and buy Clover by the Park.

Just to check, is there any buy MRTA or MLTA for house insurance?

The progress is good...I just viewed today.. I think it's full steam ahead now that NV has finally been completed... Hoping for Pellet to TOP by 2015 and D'nest to TOP by 2016