Page 1 of 20 1234561116 ... LastLast

Thread: Significant Singapore News

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Default Significant Singapore News

This is a new threat on "Significant Singapore News"!

Welcome!

Default Single mum survives on S$1050 from "charity" and "free" rental

Wow!
    Single mum currently survives on $1050 (being $700 which she gets from the Ministry of Social and Family Development, as well as $350 from another organisation)!

Calling the BIG LIAR minority,
    didn't you tell us $308 per month is enough for a person to survive on basic necessity in Singapore?
    Why is your Minister from Ministry of Social and Family Development over-subsidizing people with $700 per month for them to live in "LUXURY"?
    Or more like $700 per month is NOT EVEN sufficient (since she got additional $350 per month from another organization) and YOU ARE LYING???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Raising a kid alone is tough, but we're not giving up,' say single mums

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 08:30
    Catherine Robert
    The New Paper

The benefits that single mums receive was raised in Parliament this week. Two of them tell The New Paper on Sunday that while they get fewer perks than married mothers, they have no regrets giving birth to their kids.

Who wants to be a single mother?

Single mothers say they are always judged. The whispers never stop, and that's just within the family.

The Government has gone beyond taking baby steps to help single mothers. But there are still differences when it comes to the benefits they receive.

Like the $6,000 Baby Bonus cash gift, which married mothers get for their first and second children. Single mums are not eligible.

Two single mothers say they made a mistake with the men they trusted. But ending the pregnancy was not a mistake they were prepared to make.

ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND

Kay, 22 was planning to get married to her boyfriend, but changed her mind when he started being abusive after she moved in with him.

"He would spit on me and even hit me. For the sake of my child's wellbeing and mine, I had to do what was right for the both of us and leave," she says as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Kay and her son cannot be identified because of an ongoing court case with her son's father over access to the boy.

She fell in love with her boyfriend, a foreigner, in January 2011. A year later, she found out she was pregnant.

She has been the child's sole caregiver since he was born in 2013.

As her family are very religious, they struggled to accept her pregnancy and eventually kicked her out of home.

She has been living at her sister's place since.

"I can't live at my sister's forever. At some point, we will have to give them their space because she has her own family.

"I'm ready to start working the moment my son goes to childcare in March. I already have a job at the supermarket down the road from where I live," she says.

She currently survives on $700 which she gets from the Ministry of Social and Family Development, as well as $350 from another organisation, given out in a combination of cash and grocery vouchers.

While thankful for the help she already receives, Kay is hoping for a place of her own.

She has applied multiple times to HDB for a rental flat to live in, but was rejected.

Kay says she is not expecting to earn a lot with her limited education, so the heavily-subsidised rental she is hoping to pay will help leave most of the money she makes for her son.

ABORTION NOT AN OPTION

Sarah, 34, a business development executive, says she also had a tough time landing a HDB flat too.

She had been living with her family, but most of them were not supportive of her decision to keep her child.

When her son turned two in 2012, a counsellor she had been in touch with helped her with the application process of buying her own HDB flat. But there were restrictions.

"There were so many rules. I could only take resale flat, I couldn't take a HDB loan and they gave me two months, after I received the approval letter, to find a flat," says the single mother, who asked that we only use her middle name.

In the end, she managed to buy a four-room resale flat.

The journey of raising her son single-handedly has been tough, but she says abortion was never an option.

She was shocked by her boyfriend's reaction when she revealed that she was 10 weeks pregnant, she adds.

"He told me to 'wash it away'.

"To me, I had made the mistake of falling pregnant with a man who wasn't committed, but I wasn't going to make another mistake by getting rid of an innocent child," she says, adding that her sister was the only family member supportive of her decision.

Her son was born in October 2010.

"I took six weeks of maternity leave because I had to save some for vaccination appointments.

"At the time, I was taking home $2,400 and when I went back to work, $750 of my salary went to a baby-sitter who looked after my newborn child.

"I was left with $1,650 for groceries and baby necessities. I never compromised on milk powder because that was my son's only food source but I had to when it came to diapers and other things," she says.

"His clothes were mostly hand-me-downs from my sister and because she had a daughter, sometimes, he would wear pink clothes."

She didn't care what it looked like. She was just grateful for her sister's help.

"I always put my son to bed early and I'm strict about the time. There was one night where he was taking awhile to fall asleep and I told him that he needed to soon because I had work the next morning.

"He looked at me with innocent eyes and asked 'mummy why do you work so hard?'

"I had to explain to him that if I didn't go to work, we wouldn't have money," she says.

Norms are slowly but surely changing

Yes, single mothers are eligible for a range of benefits. And needy families receive even more help.

But no, says the Government. They won't get everything married mothers are entitled to, like a total of 16 weeks of paid maternity leave. (See other report).

Minister for Social and Family Development Chan Chun Sing said in Parliament on Monday that these additional benefits are given "to encourage and support parenthood within the context of marriage".

This form of parenthood is a prevailing societal norm in Singapore which the Government seeks to preserve, he added.

A National Population And Talent Division survey released last year showed that 80 per cent of single respondents and 85 per cent of married respondents feel that only legally married couples should have children. This survey involved 4,646 respondents.

Nominated Member of Parliament (NMP) Kuik Shiao-Yin and MP Seah Kian Peng tell The New Paper on Sunday that they will continue to push for single mothers to have greater access to benefits and help.

Ms Kuik says: "I hope that the state can seriously consider giving equal maternity leave or Child Development Account (CDA) dollar- for-dollar matching benefit to single mothers."

Now, unwed mothers do not receive the Baby Bonus cash gift of $6,000 or the Government's co-matching contribution of up to $6,000 in the baby's CDA.

Both Ms Kuik and Mr Seah predict that things will change eventually.

Mr Seah says the extent of benefits provided and the speed at which they are given out are works in progress. "The system has been dynamic, not static," he adds.

Public sentiment is also changing, points out Ms Kuik. "The state is probably well aware that public mores are changing and there is growing public acceptance of single mothers."

She adds that the state tends to take a more conservative approach, allowing itself more time to calibrate policies.

The Government may monitor the benefits given to single mothers and see if it encourages the single-parent family model.

Ms Kuik, a new mother reasons: "I champion (the cause of) single mothers simply because I am now a mother myself, and can empathise with the beauty and burden of parenthood.

"I also have friends and employees, all from different economic backgrounds who are single mothers.

"I am privileged to know single mothers who are hardworking, courageous and faithful to their responsibilities."

Parenting benefits past, present and future

THEN

There have been steps taken to relieve the plight of Singaporean single mothers. For example, in 2007, single mothers were given 12 weeks of maternity leave as long as they marry the child's father within three months of the baby's birth.

NOW

Single mothers have access to...

Infant care and childcare subsidies:

Medisave grant for newborns
    MediShield coverage for congenital and neonatal conditions
    Government healthcare subsidies and Medifund
    Enhanced subsidies for centre-based infant care and child care
    Domestic Worker

Foreign domestic worker levy concession
    Leave

Eight weeks paid maternity leave
    Unpaid infant care leave
    School assistance

Child development credits
    Financial assistance and bursary schemes
    Additional aid for low-income families

Kindergarten Financial Assistance Scheme
    ComCare Student Care Subsidies

THEY HOPE FOR

An extra eight weeks of paid maternity leave
    Parenthood tax rebate, qualifying child relief, handicapped child relief, working mother's child relief and grandparent caregiver relief
    Baby Bonus

Talk cock! as usual mis quote n lie. how much is the GST she pay which u say burden low income???? You are the MTF kpkb GST burden the poor. I say NO!!!!! its covered from rebate.!! which u show here VOUCHERS + CASH! low income get VOUCHERS they don't pay GST!! on top of that they get GST REBATES on Utilities , medical and cash!!! SO!! DONT LIE AND BULLSHIT ABOUT GST is a burden! Without GST where the Government get $$$ to help fund these rebates and vouchers!!!

ONLY RICH SELFISH People like you keep KPKB GST coz u CONSUME MORE And are too bloody STINGY to pay GST!!!!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Hello, didn't you say $308 per month is more than sufficient to cover a person's basic necessity living expenses? Why your Minister pay them $700 per month?! You lying or your Minister over-subsidizing people and wasting tax-payers' money so that they can be lazy and don't need to work??????? Is this the reason why we need GST????

I am not stingy, I am telling you to tell your Ministers to don't be stingy, they should start taxing the top 1% earners higher TAXES to pay for all those $700 per month, U rebates, PGP, etc etc instead of raising GST and collecting additional taxes from the middle income who are already working hard to make end meets! No wonder >80% of people in Singapore do not have enough money to afford to retire after 62 years old!

Oh by the way, for the sake of transparency, it is time you tell Singapore Department of Statistics be more transparent and tell us, how much the top 1% earn in Singapore? More than $2M a year? The top 10% figure is quite useless for taxation purposes because many tom, dick and harry FTs also top 10% earners! May be top 10% can breakdown in CITIZENS and foreigners?...............

Hello, GST was implemented from 0% to now 7% so that the top income earners and the businessmen RICH can have tax cut of 13% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! Asking middle-income people to subsidize the RICH????????

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Talk cock! as usual mis quote n lie. how much is the GST she pay which u say burden low income???? You are the MTF kpkb GST burden the poor. I say NO!!!!! its covered from rebate.!! which u show here VOUCHERS + CASH! low income get VOUCHERS they don't pay GST!! on top of that they get GST REBATES on Utilities , medical and cash!!! SO!! DONT LIE AND BULLSHIT ABOUT GST is a burden! Without GST where the Government get $$$ to help fund these rebates and vouchers!!!

ONLY RICH SELFISH People like you keep KPKB GST coz u CONSUME MORE And are too bloody STINGY to pay GST!!!!
    Last edited by teddybear; 29-01-15 at 16:51.

Oh, forgot to clarify that the $700 per month is ON TOP OF all those things minority told us, like:
    rebate.!!
    + VOUCHERS + CASH! low income get VOUCHERS they don't pay GST!!
    + on top of that they get GST REBATES on Utilities, medical and cash!!!

Wow! Singapore GOVT now pay the poor $1050 + another $1000+ (including all those rebates, no GST, utilities, medical etc etc according to minority)
    >> $2050 per month for DOING NOTHING????????????????

Holy cow! We want all our WASTED money BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Hello, didn't you say $308 per month is more than sufficient to cover a person's basic necessity living expenses? Why your Minister pay them $700 per month?! You lying or your Minister over-subsidizing people and wasting tax-payers' money so that they can be lazy and don't need to work??????? Is this the reason why we need GST????

I am not stingy, I am telling you to tell your Ministers to don't be stingy, they should start taxing the top 1% earners higher TAXES to pay for all those $700 per month, U rebates, PGP, etc etc instead of raising GST and collecting additional taxes from the middle income who are already working hard to make end meets! No wonder >80% of people in Singapore do not have enough money to afford to retire after 62 years old!

Oh by the way, for the sake of transparency, it is time you tell Singapore Department of Statistics be more transparent and tell us, how much the top 1% earn in Singapore? More than $2M a year? The top 10% figure is quite useless for taxation purposes because many tom, dick and harry FTs also top 10% earners! May be top 10% can breakdown in CITIZENS and foreigners?...............

Hello, GST was implemented from 0% to now 7% so that the top income earners and the businessmen RICH can have tax cut of 13% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! Asking middle-income people to subsidize the RICH????????

Default Public transport fares to increase by 2 to 5 cents from April 5 2015

Wow! I don't how the PTC do their math, last time when oil was at >US$110 per barrel, they say need to increase say >6%, but defer 2.8% to this year.

But now oil only US$44 per barrel! Cost has gone down by SO MUCH!
    How can this drop be insufficient to reduce that 2.8% to may be >-10%? Why still need to increase? The numbers just don't tally!

May be they can show us all the figures and raw data and how they arrive at this 2.8% despite the FACT that oil has dropped from >US$110 per barrel to US$44 per barrel?

Public transport fares to increase by 2 to 5 cents from April 5 2015

By: Adrian Lim | 21 January 2015 | The Straits Times

Bus and train fares will go up by 2.8 per cent from April 5, the Public Transport Council (PTC) said on Wednesday.

For adult commuters, this translates to an increase of between two and five cents per trip, depending on the distance travelled. Student concessionary fares will also increase by one cent.

Despite the hike, more than 1.1 million commuters will not see any changes in their fares. Senior citizen fares will remain the same, as will prices for existing travel concessions passes including student monthly concessions and the $120 adult monthly travel card.

Lower-wage workers and people with disabilities, who currently benefit from a Government travel discount scheme, will also not be affected by the fare hike.

Default MAS move to ease monetary policy could cause mortgage rates to rise faster

Contradictions everywhere, like:

* The Monetary Authority of Singapore’s (MAS) move to ease monetary policy could cause domestic interest rates to rise faster, analysts said yesterday.

* An MAS spokesperson stressed that the adjustments in domestic interest rates will not be dependent on its latest policy stance. “Domestic interest rates are expected to rise in tandem with US interest rates, regardless of the January policy announcement."

So who is telling the truth????

Let's see, when MAS eased SGD, SOR and SIBOR jumped! The market voted with both hands and feets! I suppose actions speak louder than words? So we should believe in "actions" and not empty "words"?

Analysts revise forecasts upwards for Sibor, SOR

SINGAPORE — The Monetary Authority of Singapore’s (MAS) move to ease monetary policy could cause domestic interest rates to rise faster, analysts said yesterday as they revised upwards their forecasts for the Singapore interbank offered rate (Sibor) and swap offer rate (SOR).

By LEE YEN NEE -
    January 29, 2015

SINGAPORE — The Monetary Authority of Singapore’s (MAS) move to ease monetary policy could cause domestic interest rates to rise faster, analysts said yesterday as they revised upwards their forecasts for the Singapore interbank offered rate (Sibor) and swap offer rate (SOR).

An MAS spokesperson, however, stressed that the adjustments in domestic interest rates, which will have widespread impact on homeowners and businesses here, will not be dependent on its latest policy stance.

“Domestic interest rates are expected to rise in tandem with US interest rates, regardless of the January policy announcement.
    The actual profile of the adjustment will be market-driven,” she said. “There could be some short-term volatility in the financial markets, reflecting uncertainties over the pace of interest rate normalisation and developments in the foreign exchange market.”

The bulk of mortgages here are priced on Sibor and SOR, which move in tandem with the United States Federal Reserve funds rate and the exchange rate between the US and Singapore currencies.

The three-month Sibor hit a high of 0.654 per cent this month, up from 0.457 per cent at the end of last year, while the six-month SOR climbed to 0.83 per cent, from about 0.45 per cent over the same period.

Following yesterday’s announcement, HSBC economist Joseph Incalcaterra expects the six-month SOR to rise to 1.1 per cent by the end of this year, higher than his earlier forecast of 0.8 per cent. “The MAS’ decision ... will intensify the upward pressure on SOR … For the rest of the year, the upward pressure on SOR is likely to persist particularly if the MAS adopts an even more dovish stance in April,” he said, referring to the MAS’ scheduled policy statement some two months later. “Even if that does not materialise, as we edge closer to the Federal Reserve’s first rate hike towards the end of the year, SOR is still likely to rise on higher US dollar Libor (London interbank offered rates),” he added.

Standard Chartered economist Jeff Ng said that the three-month Sibor will likely rise to 0.95 per cent by the end of this year, marginally higher than his previous forecast of 0.9 per cent. The US Federal Open Markets Committee is expected to shed more light on its plans to normalise interest rates after its meeting overnight Singapore time.

The MAS spokesperson added that the Government recognised that rising interest rates could affect some firms and households, and it has put in place measures to “help them adjust to this new reality”.

For firms, the Government will continue to monitor financing conditions, and ensure that viable businesses have continued access to affordable loan financing. For households, the MAS has implemented steps to encourage financial prudence, such as the Total Debt Servicing Ratio Framework.

“These measures have prevented borrowers from taking on excessive leverage for their property purchases, reducing the impact of eventual interest rate hikes,” the MAS spokesperson said. The authorities have also introduced regulations on credit card and unsecured credit to help individuals with credit problems avoid accumulating further debt.

HELLO U BLIND DICK!!! GST VOUCHERS GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL!!!!!!!!!

And when u want to mis Quote have the balls to post the whole conversation! its about GST burden on people if people get enough GST vouchers to offset thier basic . READ MY BLOODY LIPS!!! "BASIC!"!!!!! NOT BUY GIFT ! NOT GO HOLIDAY! NOT GO BUY 4D!!!! its basic stuff its not a burden!!

U want to take A ZERO INCOME PERSON AND SAY GST BURDEN!!! THE PERSON HAVE NO INCOME IN THE 1st PLACE!!! and THEY GET FREEE VOUCHERS AND HELP!!! U STUPID PRICK!

U ARE NOTHING BUT A RICHG WHINNY PRICK WHO ARE TOO STINGY TO PAY GST!!!!!! GO PAY YOUR TAXES !!!!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Wow! I don't how the PTC do their math, last time when oil was at >US$110 per barrel, they say need to increase say >6%, but defer 2.8% to this year.

But now oil only US$44 per barrel! Cost has gone down by SO MUCH!
    How can this drop be insufficient to reduce that 2.8% to may be >-10%? Why still need to increase? The numbers just don't tally!

May be they can show us all the figures and raw data and how they arrive at this 2.8% despite the FACT that oil has dropped from >US$110 per barrel to US$44 per barrel?

Public transport fares to increase by 2 to 5 cents from April 5 2015

By: Adrian Lim | 21 January 2015 | The Straits Times

Bus and train fares will go up by 2.8 per cent from April 5, the Public Transport Council (PTC) said on Wednesday.

For adult commuters, this translates to an increase of between two and five cents per trip, depending on the distance travelled. Student concessionary fares will also increase by one cent.

Despite the hike, more than 1.1 million commuters will not see any changes in their fares. Senior citizen fares will remain the same, as will prices for existing travel concessions passes including student monthly concessions and the $120 adult monthly travel card.

Lower-wage workers and people with disabilities, who currently benefit from a Government travel discount scheme, will also not be affected by the fare hike.
    Dont leave out the details. leh. as usual leave out the detail. this year raise IS THE DEFERRED from last year you blind bat.! and low income not impacted. student and old not impacted.

So Rich prick like you cannot affort to pay 5c!!! WTF

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Contradictions everywhere, like:

* The Monetary Authority of Singapore’s (MAS) move to ease monetary policy could cause domestic interest rates to rise faster, analysts said yesterday.

* An MAS spokesperson stressed that the adjustments in domestic interest rates will not be dependent on its latest policy stance. “Domestic interest rates are expected to rise in tandem with US interest rates, regardless of the January policy announcement."

So who is telling the truth????

Let's see, when MAS eased SGD, SOR and SIBOR jumped! The market voted with both hands and feets! I suppose actions speak louder than words? So we should believe in "actions" and not empty "words"?

Analysts revise forecasts upwards for Sibor, SOR

By LEE YEN NEE -
    January 29, 2015

An MAS spokesperson, however, stressed that the adjustments in domestic interest rates, which will have widespread impact on homeowners and businesses here, will not be dependent on its latest policy stance.

“Domestic interest rates are expected to rise in tandem with US interest rates, regardless of the January policy announcement.
    The actual profile of the adjustment will be market-driven,” she said. “There could be some short-term volatility in the financial markets, reflecting uncertainties over the pace of interest rate normalisation and developments in the foreign exchange market.”

The bulk of mortgages here are priced on Sibor and SOR, which move in tandem with the United States Federal Reserve funds rate and the exchange rate between the US and Singapore currencies.

The three-month Sibor hit a high of 0.654 per cent this month, up from 0.457 per cent at the end of last year, while the six-month SOR climbed to 0.83 per cent, from about 0.45 per cent over the same period.

Following yesterday’s announcement, HSBC economist Joseph Incalcaterra expects the six-month SOR to rise to 1.1 per cent by the end of this year, higher than his earlier forecast of 0.8 per cent. “The MAS’ decision ... will intensify the upward pressure on SOR … For the rest of the year, the upward pressure on SOR is likely to persist particularly if the MAS adopts an even more dovish stance in April,” he said, referring to the MAS’ scheduled policy statement some two months later. “Even if that does not materialise, as we edge closer to the Federal Reserve’s first rate hike towards the end of the year, SOR is still likely to rise on higher US dollar Libor (London interbank offered rates),” he added.

Standard Chartered economist Jeff Ng said that the three-month Sibor will likely rise to 0.95 per cent by the end of this year, marginally higher than his previous forecast of 0.9 per cent. The US Federal Open Markets Committee is expected to shed more light on its plans to normalise interest rates after its meeting overnight Singapore time.

The MAS spokesperson added that the Government recognised that rising interest rates could affect some firms and households, and it has put in place measures to “help them adjust to this new reality”.

For firms, the Government will continue to monitor financing conditions, and ensure that viable businesses have continued access to affordable loan financing. For households, the MAS has implemented steps to encourage financial prudence, such as the Total Debt Servicing Ratio Framework.

“These measures have prevented borrowers from taking on excessive leverage for their property purchases, reducing the impact of eventual interest rate hikes,” the MAS spokesperson said. The authorities have also introduced regulations on credit card and unsecured credit to help individuals with credit problems avoid accumulating further debt.

DUMB is DUMB the finaince market is a free market. MAS can twig if the market get spooked it will do otherwise. Why not u dont take lehmen out and say leh! Lehman crashed. MAS didnt do shit the rates also cheong up then? coz no want want to lend! int only go down when US Step in to QE.!!

Liar Liar pants on Fire.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Talk cock bery good leh.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

All your replies, words very big, but never answer the questions I raised, as usual............
    What to expect from LIAR like you???????????????

Talk cock bery good leh.

Hello, this year raise of 2.8% is DEFERRED from LAST YEAR and calculated when OIL was at >US$110 per barrel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW OIL IS US$45 per barrel, the raise deferred based on >US$110 per barrel cost is still valid????
    So they don't care that NOW OIL is ONLY US$45 per barrel, not >US$110 per barrel?!
    Question, question, more question!
    Only MORE TRANSPARENCY from them will help us to help them to justify this 2.8% raise!

Dont leave out the details. leh. as usual leave out the detail. this year raise IS THE DEFERRED from last year you blind bat.! and low income not impacted. student and old not impacted.

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!! YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

I HEAR YOUR SAME BULL SHIT IN 2014. IN 2015 The bear still have the same SHIT!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

minority,

Typing in such big FONTs to show that you are the BIGGEST LIAR here?????

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!! YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

I HEAR YOUR SAME BULL SHIT IN 2014. IN 2015 The bear still have the same SHIT!

minority,
    you BIGGEST LIAR
    here,
    why leave out the details, like below:

Our local transport companies like SMRT, which is 54.2% owned and controlled by Temasek, probably has the HIGHEST CASH PROFIT MARGIN in the world! Holy Cow! The last time I check, it is about 21% !!! And I know most other transport companies in the world don't earn more than 10% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the others can't earn more than 10% profit margin you know? Because their Government won't allow them to PROFIT >10% from their people!

Think they made a mistake to list SMRT, because by doing so, their account needs to be published! If they keep it private like GIC, then don't need to publish the accounts, nobody will know that SMRT is making OBSCENE PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, this year raise of 2.8% is DEFERRED from LAST YEAR and calculated when OIL was at >US$110 per barrel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW OIL IS US$45 per barrel, the raise deferred based on >US$110 per barrel cost is still valid????
    So they don't care that NOW OIL is ONLY US$45 per barrel, not >US$110 per barrel?!
    Question, question, more question!
    Only MORE TRANSPARENCY from them will help us to help them to justify this 2.8% raise!

Last edited by teddybear; 30-01-15 at 18:45.

Default "Democracy" in Thailand's Dictatorship.........

This is not about Singapore, but what we people must be very careful of............

Thailand is really an interesting case, because they have a Dictator that likes to talk about how "democratic" they are and going to be (in a yet to be confirmed General Election in the future) and you can't publicly say that they are "not democratic" and they don't give you "freedom of speech", and they can summon any time they like and for any reason, including putting up the "Hunger Games" 3-finger salute or even eat sandwiches in public also CANNOT!................

Oh, and the Dictator forgot that he over-ruled the previous election that is FAIR and EQUITABLE, so that they can hold another election sometime in 2015, OH NO, they have postponed to 2016 according to their TERMS and CONDITIONs????

TITLE: Thai military ramps up 'attitude adjustment' for critics

POSTED: 30 Jan 2015 17:25
    URL: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...p/1626676.html

Nattawut Saikuar, secretary-general of the movement loyal to ousted premier Yingluck Shinawatra, and Pichai Naripthaphan, a former energy minister in her government, were both ordered to appear before the military after publicly criticising the junta.
    BANGKOK: A prominent leader of the opposition Red Shirt movement and a former minister on Friday (Jan 30) became the latest critic of Thailand's junta forced to report to barracks for "attitude adjustment" as the military ramps up its campaign against dissent.

Nattawut Saikuar, secretary-general of the movement loyal to ousted premier Yingluck Shinawatra, and Pichai Naripthaphan, a former energy minister in her government, were both ordered to appear before the military after publicly criticising the junta.

So-called "attitude adjustment" sessions are used by the military to haul in those deemed to be uncooperative with Thailand's generals, who imposed martial law and took over in a coup last May. At least five people - three former ministers, a Red Shirt leader and Yingluck's lawyer - have now been ordered to report this week.

Thailand's junta has moved swiftly to stamp out any renewed criticism of their rule following the retroactive impeachment of Yingluck last week and after a top US diplomat made critical comments on Monday that infuriated the generals.

The military insist the summons are simply invites - though in reality any refusal to cooperate would likely lead to significant censure. "Please use the word invite," General Udomdej Sritabutr, army chief and a key junta leader told reporters at Government House. "We ask for their cooperation... and if they don't understand we will invite them again," he added.

Earlier this week junta chief Prayuth Chan-ocha made it clear he would not tolerate those who spoke out against the junta, adding he would use punitive measures including banning critics from travelling abroad and having their assets investigated or seized.

During the same briefing Prayuth, who is also prime minister, joked that reporters who continued to ask question that were not "constructive" might also be summoned.

The increase in "attitude adjustment" sessions comes amid a rocky patch for Thai-US relations following a recent visit by Daniel Russel, the most senior US official to travel to the kingdom since the coup.

Russel held meetings with junta officials and Yingluck - but not Prime Minister Prayuth - and delivered a speech warning that the military's pursuit of Thailand's first female premier risked being perceived as "politically driven".

Washington's top envoy in Bangkok pending the appointment of a new ambassador - Charge D'Affaires W Patrick Murphy - was promptly summoned to the foreign ministry to explain Russel's comments.

And Thailand's junta-stacked parliament on Friday said they also wanted Murphy to appear before them. "We have verbally contacted the embassy and a written invitation will be sent soon," Bilaipbhan Sampatisiri, chairwoman of NLA foreign relations committee, told AFP.

Thailand's generals say they were forced to seize power to end months of violent street protests against Yingluck's government - part of a decade of political conflict that broadly pits Bangkok's middle class and royalist elites, backed by parts of the military, against rural and working-class voters loyal to Thaksin. Parties led by or aligned to the Shinawatras have won every election in Thailand since 2001.

minority,

Typing in such big FONTs to show that you are the BIGGEST LIAR here?????
    I CALL UR BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG FONTS COZ U ARE BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Ok, so below is the "best" you can reply?

Pity you, just exposed that LIAR like you can't rebut FACTS I raised right!

I CALL UR BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG FONTS COZ U ARE BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    minority,
    you BIGGEST LIAR
    here,

Our local transport companies like SMRT, which is 54.2% owned and controlled by Temasek, probably has the HIGHEST CASH PROFIT MARGIN in the world! Holy Cow! The last time I check, it is about 21% !!! And I know most other transport companies in the world don't earn more than 10% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the others can't earn more than 10% profit margin you know? Because their Government won't allow them to PROFIT >10% from their people!

Think they made a mistake to list SMRT, because by doing so, their account needs to be published! If they keep it private like GIC, then don't need to publish the accounts, nobody will know that SMRT is making OBSCENE PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so below is the "best" you can reply?

Pity you, just exposed that LIAR like you can't rebut FACTS I raised right!
    COZ YOU BULLSHITS ARE WASTE OF MY TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!! BULL SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

minority,

Reply with FACTS please........
    You stupid idiot
    cannot engage in proper argument and only know how to say "bull shit"?????

why just you can't reply a simple Question : Why SMRT can earn 21% of cash profit margin (when whole world other transport companies can only earn <10%).............

You have no brain?

COZ YOU BULLSHITS ARE WASTE OF MY TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!! BULL SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    minority,
    you BIGGEST LIAR
    here,

see that you everyday got people to quarrel with....duh

"quarrel"? See, that is the problem when a person is already biased in the first place!

I am trying to cleanse out LIAR like minority here, because they like to resort to lies to mislead people!
    And when we provide facts and ask him to reply why what he said contradict the facts, he will resort to personal attack and refuse to answer valid questions.............. Typical of such LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since it seems that you agree with him, may be you can help him to answer the below question I raised as to why govt allows SMRT to earn such high cash profit margin of 21% (1 of the highest in the WORLD)?

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    see that you everyday got people to quarrel with....duh
    minority,
    you BIGGEST LIAR
    here,

"quarrel"? See, that is the problem when a person is already biased in the first place!

I am trying to cleanse out LIAR like minority here, because they like to resort to lies to mislead people!
    And when we provide facts and ask him to reply why what he said contradict the facts, he will resort to personal attack and refuse to answer valid questions.............. Typical of such LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since it seems that you agree with him, may be you can help him to answer the below question I raised as to why govt allows SMRT to earn such high cash profit margin of 21% (1 of the highest in the WORLD)?

so what can you do about it

bull doze everyone that agree with the statement and call everyone a LIAR ?

go and stand for election la, maybe will vote for you
    love to see you debating with everyone there and call everyone LIAR

What can I do? To call a spade a spade, to call a liar a LIAR loh!

Those LIARS better watch out! They think they can tell lies and bullshit here and insisted on the lies (and instead say other people are lying) and get away with it?

They thought everybody meek and useless like a CAT don't dare to challenge them and call them LIAR?

Last edited by teddybear; 31-01-15 at 22:05.

What can I do? To call a spade a spade, to call a liar a LIAR loh!

Those LIARS better watch out! They think they can tell lies and bullshit here and insisted on the lies (and instead say other people are lying) and get away with it?

They thought everybody meek and useless like a CAT don't dare to challenge them and call them LIAR?
    Wow, you so RIGHTEOUS wan !!!

yet in the other thread you can condoned those who post nonsense
    at time you also post nonsense la ....hahahaha

Think you are on a different frequency lah because LIAR like minority you are still trying to defense,
    while what many other forumers and me said you regard as nonsense? Nonsense because of self-interest?

Not an issue for me though, just don't start those personal character attack and telling lies and putting words into my mouth like minority will do (those people don't except minority did)..........
    Else I have no choice but to call a liar A LIAR!

Wow, you so RIGHTEOUS wan !!!

yet in the other thread you can condoned those who post nonsense
    at time you also post nonsense la ....hahahaha

Think you are on a different frequency lah because LIAR like minority you are still trying to defense,
    while what many other forumers and me said you regard as nonsense? Nonsense because of self-interest?

Not an issue for me though, just don't start those personal character attack and telling lies and putting words into my mouth like minority will do (those people don't except minority did)..........
    Else I have no choice but to call a liar A LIAR!
    Not defending minority

we know what type of a forumer he is

OR you are using him to made yourself look Righteous over here ?

Not using him to make myself look righteous, but to clear my name that has been maligned and slandered by him by pointing out that all of his personal character attack on me and slander are all just LIES and he is the BIGGEST LIAR here.............

Not defending minority

we know what type of a forumer he is

OR you are using him to made yourself look Righteous over here ?