Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Symphony Suites by EL Development

Default Symphony Suites by EL Development

EL Development came in top bid of $278,800,000 for a new residential site located at Yishun Avenue 9. This site could potential yield 600+ residential unit. Analyst predict a break even price of $925 to 940 psf and expected the selling price to be at least $1,000psf. The new development Symphony Suites is likely to launch closer to end of 2014.

The second highest bidder is from Sekisui House, FCL Topaz and Tannery Holdings that form a consortium with a top bid of $273.1m

Attachment 9076

Another new development currently selling by CEL, Nine Residences, had sold about 70% of its residential units. This is a new mixed development @ yishun too that consists of commercial retail shops and residential units with communal units.

With the upcoming Northpoint City that set to transform Yishun, will this be a good buy?
    Last edited by propertyreview; 03-09-14 at 01:24. Reason: missing link

Quick Updates for Symphony Suites @ Yishun:

===Preliminary Symphony Suites Details:===

Developer: EL Development (Yishun) Pte Ltd
    Site Area/ Plot Ratio: 20 553.8 sq m / 2.8
    Total Units: 660
    Tenure: 99 years
    Description: 11 blocks of 15 storey condominium development with 2 level of basement car park.
    Expected TOP: 31 March 2019
    Total No. Car parks: 672 parking lots

Symphony Suites Unit Mixed Distribution:
    2Bedroom (180 units): 650 – 700 sqft
    3Bedroom Compact (180 units): 775 – 825 sqft
    3Bedroom Premium (150 units): 900 – 950 sqft
    4Bedroom (150 units): 1000 to 1050 sqft

For more information, please contact Kaeden @ 9048 0660.

Cheerios

Information on Symphony Suites here :
    http://newlaunch-sgcondo.com/symphony-suites-condo/
    I will post Floor Plans up once it is out.
    Need more info please contact me.
    Thanks

Default Symphony Suites

Heard they are launching today , anyone at the showflat launch can update how's the response like ?

Full brochure here http://www.symphonysuites.com.sg/

Looks very minimal in design and ulu factor is maximum. Price not really that attractive.

3 bedder premium still smaller than a bto 4-rm flat!

If you look at the specs, what jumps out at me are the following

1) the units are aligned such that the blocks face each other head on, almost total lack of privacy, especially with full length windows

2) living and dining rooms are lined with homogenous and ceramic tiles

3) too many units packed in a small land area, coupled with units without balconies.

I think it is going to be a hard sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Property insights View Post
    If you look at the specs, what jumps out at me are the following

1) the units are aligned such that the blocks face each other head on, almost total lack of privacy, especially with full length windows

2) living and dining rooms are lined with homogenous and ceramic tiles

3) too many units packed in a small land area, coupled with units without balconies.

I think it is going to be a hard sell.
    These suburban condos are targeted towards HDB upgraders.

Better off staying in a hdb near a swimming pool and save 500k

strange that the ground floor units don't have pes also.

Any news on the sales figures ?

Quote Originally Posted by gnomish View Post
    Better off staying in a hdb near a swimming pool and save 500k
    Stay beside safra best haa haa.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    strange that the ground floor units don't have pes also.
    "EL Development managing director Lim Yew Soon said the project's prices of $671,000 to $1.1 million were kept affordable as it reduced the total saleable area by not having "private enclosed spaces" such as balconies."

Quote Originally Posted by 5littlecow View Post
    Any news on the sales figures ?
    "The 660-unit project, touted by market watchers as the cheapest condominium on the market, saw 56 units sold at its preview over the weekend at an average price of $1,000 per sq ft (psf)."

http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/fewer-...oming-20150204

"Units at the nearby Nine Residences were sold for a median of $1,196 psf last month." - hhhmmm... what it never mentioned is that all these units are high floor units.

800 to 900 psf would be a better pricing given the budget design layout and ulu location.

800 to 900 psf would be a better pricing given the budget design layout and ulu location.
    That's why it's moving slowly. I would say north park residences is the one to watch out for.

Yah, be it for own stay or for investment, northpark residences will be the gem of Yishun.

Yah, be it for own stay or for investment, northpark residences will be the gem of Yishun.
    Gem? Hhhmmm... Maybe.

Affordability? Hdb upgraders will have to think very hard very long lor...

Any updates on the sales figures for symphony suites ?

Quote Originally Posted by Apohosis View Post
    Any updates on the sales figures for symphony suites ?
    i interested to know too...

initial report said 56 units were sold...
    http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/fewer-...oming-20150204

later report said 54 units were sold...
    http://www.straitstimes.com/news/bus...ore-projects-2
    http://www.todayonline.com/business/...me-remains-low

i wonder what happen to the 2 units...

Potential project for lelong sales next time.

Potential project for lelong sales next time.
    It's actually doing well. I heard. So maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by Wendywendy View Post
    It's actually doing well. I heard. So maybe not
    Thanks to NPR!!! Thanks to frasers for bidding so high!!! hehehe...

This hdb lookalike with a pool sold 2 units over the weekend i read

Quote Originally Posted by gnomish View Post
    This hdb lookalike with a pool sold 2 units over the weekend i read
    Read from where? I not surprised though. Npr spillover effect I presume.

Based on URA website, out of total 660 units, 180 were launched. Number of units sold in...

Jan 15 = 54 (8% of total / 30% of launched)
    (Returned unit - 1)
    Feb 15 = 18 (3% / 10%)
    (Returned unit - 2)
    Mar 15 = 20 (3% / 11%)
    2015 Q1 subtotal = 89 (13% / 49%)

800psf or less then will consider. Maybe next time the units rent out as hostel to foreign workers, layout can easily partition more bedrooms from the living and dining.

800psf or less then will consider. Maybe next time the units rent out as hostel to foreign workers, layout can easily partition more bedrooms from the living and dining.
    Land is 450psf. Add in construction, land financing, professional/legal/taxes and marketing/others => breakeven is estimated at 855psf ppr. 800psf maybe can get the new ECs at yishun / canberra / sembawang / woodlands areas lah.

By the same developer...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...p/1846220.html

SINGAPORE
    500 DBSS flat-buyers up in arms over finished product
    TODAY reports: Damaged sanitary pipes and scratched floor tiles are among some of problems faced by residents at Trivelis.

By Laura Elizabeth Philomin, TODAY
    POSTED: 14 May 2015 07:47

SINGAPORE: His Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat was supposed to be of a higher design quality than a regular public housing unit, but Mr Andy Tan told TODAY he found his three-room unit at Trivelis in Clementi a “total disappointment”.

Two sanitary pipes and a water heater, which were not depicted in the project’s showflats, were exposed and clearly visible in his kitchen, Mr Tan said. The living room floor tiles were scratched, and even after replacing a few of them, contractors were unable to polish out the scratches on the remaining tiles.

Mr Tan is among nearly 500 Trivelis residents who are up in arms over various problems with the development, such as shattered shower glass panels and narrow common corridors that are prone to flooding. Most of the residents were issued their keys in January.

A group of residents, who come from almost half of the 888 units that make up the project, have formed a committee to present their concerns to the developer, EL Development (ELD), and other relevant authorities.

In a circular to residents, which was received by TODAY on Wednesday (May 13), the committee listed other problems that residents have faced, such as kitchen cabinet dimensions that do not allow for a standard-sized oven to be fitted, pole-system wardrobes that lack shelves, defective stove knobs, stain-prone kitchen countertops and rusty dish racks.

The committee has accused ELD of being slow to respond to their emails and refusing the team’s request to meet the managing director in person. “When the committee met (the managing director’s) representatives on April 12, (they said) ELD’s position remained that ELD’s designs and building works are cleared by the relevant authorities and (they) meet all minimum (requirements). It is, therefore, not obligated to entertain our requests for redress,” the committee said in its circular.

The committee, which has also been recognised as a pro tem Residents’ Committee since March, is organising a second dialogue session Friday evening to update Trivelis residents.

TODAY understands that Minister of State (Education and Communications and Information) and Member of Parliament for Holland-Bukit Timah GRC Sim Ann, who has been working closely with the committee, may be attending the session.

Invitations had also been sent out to ELD and representatives from other agencies, such as the Housing and Development Board and the Ministry of National Development.

When contacted by TODAY, an ELD spokesperson said they will not be attending the dialogue session as they prefer to address residents’ concerns individually. “We all know that (at) dialogue sessions … people can get emotional and heated up ... If any of the residents have strong opinions about these things, they are always free to email or call us, and we will address them individually.”

As for the complaints, the ELD spokesperson said the company is in the process of resolving some of the issues that are not restricted by technical or regulatory restrictions, such as replacing three shower screens that shattered due to impurities in the glass, and clearing chokes in drainage pipes to ease ponding in corridors.

However, there are some issues that the developer will be unable to resolve, such as the sanitary pipes that were initially planned to be placed at the air-conditioning ledge outside of the unit, as originally depicted in the showflats.

“However, during construction stage, our contractor and consultants informed us that due to technical and regulatory constraints, the sanitary pipes … have to be placed at the service yard (inside the unit),” said ELD.

Acknowledging that these constraints should have been factored in during the mock-up of its showflats, the ELD’s spokesperson said they had apologised to residents. They had also tried to rectify the situation by offering a smaller front-load washing machines at discounted prices for residents struggling with the tight space.

Read the original TODAY report here.

-TODAY/fs

By the same developer...

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...ing-slew-compl

DBSS flat owners at Trivelis may get goodwill package following slew of complaints
    Complaints about flats in Clementi include poor quality laminate flooring
    Published on May 15, 2015 5:40 AM

BY LIM YI HAN

Residents of the Trivelis development in Clementi may get a goodwill package after complaining about problems with their new premium flats.

Their Member of Parliament Sim Ann told over 200 residents at a townhall meeting last night at the Trivelis pavilion that the developer has agreed to look into giving a package, though she did not have details of what it includes.

The 888-unit Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project is developed by local firm EL Development (ELD).

Trivelis was advertised as having "choice fittings" and "quality floor finishes".

A unit costs between $370,000 and $800,000.

But some of the owners, who started collecting their keys in January, found various problems with their units - from defective stove knobs and rusty dish racks to poor quality laminate flooring and even shower glass panels that shattered easily.

The common corridor along 40 units was also prone to flooding with 4cm-deep water when it pours. The water seeped into several units.

Some units also differ from the showflats. For instance, there was no sanitary pipe in the service yard in the showflat but such pipes were eventually placed there.

Ms Sim told reporters yesterday at the two-hour meeting with residents: "Right from day one, when residents started moving in, we realised that there were quite a number of issues that residents felt disappointed by.

"Having met many of them and also visited many of their homes, I feel that many of our residents do have a point... I feel that a meaningful gesture from the developer would change things.

"(On Wednesday), we were informed by the developer that they are considering some sort of package... I think that's a move in the right direction."

When contacted yesterday, a spokesman for ELD said it is in touch with the Trivelis Residents Working Committee to discuss what could be done for residents on a goodwill basis.

He also told The Straits Times that ELD has received about 300 e-mails from residents, but that not all were complaints.

He assured residents that ELD would continue to repair or replace defective items, and engage them.

"We have tried our best to deliver the units in good condition to our residents. However, there will be lapses on defects that we may have not covered," said the spokesman.

"We deeply regret that we have failed to meet the expectation of the residents... We cannot claim that our design is perfect but we have built the units in accordance to specifications in the sales and purchase agreement."

The Trivelis residents' committee was formed in February by home owners to put their concerns to the developer and the authorities. The Housing Board said that it first received feedback from the residents in March and asked ELD to address them.

The Straits Times understands that some residents are hoping that HDB would do more than just voice residents' concerns on the defects to the developer.

Resident Steven Kee, a 42-year-old programme coordinator, told The Straits Times: "It's been very disappointing but I'm glad we have a dialogue to talk about things and at least get some answers.

"I hope the authorities can do more stringent checks and follow up on the issue too."

Regulatory affairs executive Kenny C., 29, said: "I'm waiting to see what the developer will offer in the goodwill package.

"That's something to look forward to... I thought everything should be done up in a DBSS flat and I didn't expect to have to do so many rectifications."

[email protected]

BACKGROUND STORY

Shattered shower screens, rusty lift door...

When Mr Wilson Yew bought his $633,000 four-room flat at Trivelis, a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project, he did not expect to have to replace the furnishings it came with.

The 33-year-old senior research officer said: "We bought the DBSS at a higher price and it was supposed to be all done up. In the end, we had to pay even more to tear some existing items down."

Mr Yew, who moved in two weeks ago, replaced his kitchen cabinet, which did not have space for a normal-sized oven. He also changed the doors of the wardrobe in a common room to a sliding one. This was because there was not enough space for the doors to open when a bed was placed in the room.

"I'm not an unreasonable person and I don't expect luxurious fittings. But some of the things they provided were really unacceptable," he said.

A recent circular by the Trivelis Residents Working Committee listed issues such as defective stove knobs, rusty dish racks, stain-prone kitchen countertops and poor quality laminate flooring.

Some residents also complained of shower glass panels that shattered.

Mr Kevin Teh, a spokesman for the committee, explained that the group was working with the developer, EL Development, and the relevant agencies to resolve some of the issues. "There has been some good progress," he said.

Veteran lawyer Amolat Singh said: "Developers have a duty to do things properly and the furnishings must be of a satisfactory quality. The (legal) argument may even be that the fixtures are unsafe - in the case of the shattered shower screens."

LIM YI HAN

About the Design, Build and Sell Scheme

THE Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) was launched in 2005 to offer higher-income flat buyers homes with better designs and finishes.

Built on government land, DBSS flats are designed and sold by private developers, and typically come with fittings and better finishings than standard Build-to-Order flats. But unlike private condos, these projects do not have facilities such as pools and gyms.

The DBSS was suspended in 2011 after a public outcry over high indicative price tags for units at Centrale 8 in Tampines.

The developer had given an initial price of $880,000 for a five-room unit, which was later lowered to $778,000.

Pasir Ris One, launched in April 2012, was the last project offered under the scheme before it was suspended.

There have been 13 projects under the DBSS scheme.

A Housing Board spokesman said the scheme is "currently not a priority".

By the same developer...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...y/1848234.html

SINGAPORE
    Trivelis developer may offer "goodwill package" to residents

Close to 500 residents had complained about defects in their houses, prompting the resident's committee to hold a dialogue session on Thursday (May 14).

By Faris Mokhtar
    POSTED: 14 May 2015 23:53 UPDATED: 15 May 2015 00:30

SINGAPORE: The developer of the Trivelis Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flats at Clementi is considering offering a "goodwill package" to residents, said the estate's interim residents committee on Thursday (May 14).

This comes after close to 500 residents had complained about defects in their homes, with about 413 out of 888 units affected.

While the committee said details of the package have not been confirmed, residents Channel NewsAsia spoke to said they hope for monetary compensation. About 200 residents attended a dialogue session on the issue on Thursday evening. The area's Member of Parliament, Sim Ann, was also present.

Among the complaints raised were rusty dish holders and the laundry area being too small to fit in standard sized washing machines.

Some residents told the media that sanitation pipes were fitted in the kitchen and left exposed. They were supposed to be fitted at the air-conditioning ledge outside the units as depicted in showflats. Some added that they found defects as soon as they moved into their homes.

During the dialogue session, some also asked about the recourse they can take while others questioned whether the Housing Development Board (HDB) would provide assistance on this issue.

Meanwhile, Ms Sim stressed that she is behind the residents and that offering the package would be a step in the "right direction".

"When it comes to issues within the units, my view is that defects must be rectified," she said. "At the same time, there are some issues which may or may not be considered as defects but which, nevertheless, have caused our residents quite a bit of heartache. And they have shared this with me. And I think our residents have a point."

She added that the committee has collated the residents' feedback and will be working closely with the developer to address them.

In a statement, Trivelis' developer EL Development said it had been addressing the issues with individual residents who contact them.

"Rather than meeting the residents in a group whereby they can get emotional or influence each other, we prefer to address the issues with individual owners separately. As each resident has his/her own issues that may be unique to their units, it would be more fruitful for us to communicate to them directly. We prefer that they email or call us and let us know their issues and we will try to resolve them or explain to them our reasons for not resolving them. However, as some of these residents may not be satisfied with the response from us, we will be working with the RC to address them," it said.

- CNA/dl