Page 55 of 228 FirstFirst ... 253035404550515253545556575859606570758085 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 6826

Thread: Owners in the West beware!!

The difference lies in your own interpretation of what DKSG wrote.

If you are so eager, here is a quick summary for you to comment.

1) In July 2013, DKSG said that Jurong PC owners will start to take profit and upgrade to property closer to town, as a result price of properties between Jurong to Orchard will rise. Sep 2013, price of Bishan new launch is 10 to 15% below SH, URA estimate indicated that CCR RCR property prices came down, while OCR continue to surge.

SO MERMAID, whats your opinion on this?

2) In July 13, DKSG said that The Sail @ $20xxpsf is a good buy, so good that DKSG is compelled to buy. Sep 2013, DKSG thinks that The Sail @ $18xx is a good buy, but still talk only didnt buy. Has the sail price fallen by 10% in 2 months? Or is DKSG flip flopping and throwing darts in the dark?

So Mermaid, what is your opinion on this?

3) In Aug 2013, DKSG also said Trizon @$18xxpsf for 2 bedder is a better. Good based on what? Because J Gateway is $17xx for a MM apartment?

So Mermaid, what is your opinion on this?

3) In Aug 2013, DKSG also said that PLAB is a better buy as compared to JLD. I have asked him countless times, where exactly in PLAB would you recommend to buy now the government doesnt even have a concrete plan of what they are going to do with it? All Fart no Shit?

So Mermaid, whats your opinion?

4) In Sep 2013, SV didnt managed to sell out their entire project despite being closer to town and similar pricing to J Gateway. And now DKSG is saying that Bishan has got higher valuation

So Mermaid, what does higher higher valuation has got to do with which project is better since banks value J Gateway at the same price as SV.

Appreciate if you could give us some direct answers to the above question instead of ALL FART NO SHIT (EBD) and slitter away like a snake.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    hopefully somebody is free enough and have the know-how to setup such a poll
    I questioned the intention of yr poll.
    Is there such a nid?
    A more popular/high profile forummer does not means tat he is always more well liked.

as much as I can see where dksg is coming from, I dun agree on everything tat he said.

no doubt tat R33 is kinda nasty in names calling, but others who did the same back to him r equally as bad, no?

I feel tat u r oso a supporter of the West, but did u see ppl came in bashing u?

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Brudder, I look at both and still cannot figure

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...maryllis-ville

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...soleil-sinaran

Just an example.... I did not scrutinise it closely...

Apparently Soleil sizes are bigger and their psf also higher...

So it is not a case of closer to town rite????

Not asking for an argument here hor.... Just scratching my head... Apparently the market decides leh....

The reason why people picking on Ringo is because some do not like his way of answering/reply....

I just looking for reasons... I am here to learn leh...
    Just a comment on the Soleil and Amaryllis comparison.

When you go into Soleil thread, you read lots of concerns about it being right next to hospital and yet after TOP, the prices surprise many.
    Soleil is in Novena whereas Amaryliis is more towards Newton with 2 gates (Newton and towards Novena). But MRT is much nearer to Soleil.

Would think there are probably 2 reasons why market think the difference should be so great. One, Amaryllis is closer towards 20 year of lease where as Soleil is much newer, and second, the high floors at Soleil have a fantastic panaromic city view, Amaryllis best stacks have more limited view with no sky garden. But market sometimes quite confusing, nearby Lincoln suites 1 room almost hit 3000pfs whereas 1 room at Park infinia hit 2100pfs only and Soleil 1 room >2200pfs

The point a lot of sensible people are driving at is that if u want to buy a pty in a town constantly polluted by industrial affluent, the price had better be good. Guys like R33 only look at future developments in jurong to make a statement that they hv invested wisely, but that clearly is not the case from a price perspective. When people criticise n say that the price is not right, R33 would whip out data of Caspian n centris to justify the growth n rental potential of jgateway. It sounds like someone who has missed the boat n desperately trying to get the boat back when the boat has sailed miles away from the shore.

the 2 main actors now absent. No more epic slugfest liao. only bit players left. looks like this thread dying a slow death.

must be because of this post
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...postcount=1545

then people realised that JG buyers are people too, more likely Jurong HDB upgraders. Attacking JG at 17xxpsf (should be 15xx) is like saying Jurong people are carrotheads, idiots, brain-damaged as a result of industrial pollutants.

Out of sensitivity, the attacks against R33, JLD story, JG seems to lessen because attacking him is indirectly questioning the intelligence of the Jurong residents.

the mood of the thread seem to have shifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Appreciate if you could give us some direct answers to the above question instead of ALL FART NO SHIT (EBD) and slitter away like a snake.
    U juz examine yr attitude in responding to others and tell me does it warrant others to not to be nasty to u.

1) In July 2013, DKSG said that Jurong PC owners will start to take profit and upgrade to property closer to town.
    Tat is his own prediction. Want to take profit & upgrade vs want to take profit & ABLE to upgrade is totally a diff thing.

Jgateway at $1700psf doesn’t mean tat other older proj can fetch tis $ too.

1) as a result price of properties between Jurong to Orchard will rise. Sep 2013, price of Bishan new launch is 10 to 15% below SH, URA estimate indicated that CCR RCR property prices came down, while OCR continue to surge.
    I feel tat with the high quantum for Orchard, hard for prices to rise. Jurong is part of OCR but OCR prices is not primarily determined by Jurong.

2) In July 13, DKSG said that The Sail @ $20xxpsf is a good buy, so good that DKSG is compelled to buy. Sep 2013, DKSG thinks that The Sail @ $18xx is a good buy, but still talk only didnt buy.
    I give u an example.
    The market rate for fish is $30/kg, pork is $20/kg.

If pork is selling at $15/kg (25% discount) with fish remained at $30/kg , I feel tat it is very worth to buy pork.

Then the next day, fish leylong to $20/kg (33% discount), I feel tat pork at $15/kg is too exp. I would rather buy fish.

Then come the 3rd day, fish become $15/kg same price as pork, I would feel tat pork is overpriced.

The moral behind the story is:
    Pricing cannot be viewed in isolation; it is relative.

2) but still talk only didnt buy. Has the sail price fallen by 10% in 2 months? Or is DKSG flip flopping and throwing darts in the dark?
    I agree wif him on tis.
    A gd buy doesn’t mean tat u hv to buy.
    A gd buy doesn't mean tat it is the best buy.
    A gd buy doesn’t mean tat it suits yr reqmt.

3) In Aug 2013, DKSG also said that PLAB is a better buy as compared to JLD. I have asked him countless times, where exactly in PLAB would you recommend to buy now the government doesnt even have a concrete plan of what they are going to do with it? All Fart no Shit?
    Tis sentence is not very well phrased. I suppose the qn is asking whether a proj in PLAB is a better buy den Jgateway in JLD?
    If yes, I would choose to buy a proj in PLAB too.
    Reason : Jgateway pricing has alrdy factored in all future potential, Im not optimistic on huge capital appreciation.

But if u r asking me issit better to invest in a new proj in PLAB or buying a resale Caspian at eg $1400psf, I will definitely choose Caspian.

4) In Sep 2013, SV didnt managed to sell out their entire project despite being closer to town and similar pricing to J Gateway. And now DKSG is saying that Bishan has got higher valuation

So Mermaid, what does higher higher valuation has got to do with which project is better since banks value J Gateway at the same price as SV.
    My personal take is tat SV is only worth buying for lower flr. In fact the higher flrs will be hard to sell as psf is not cheap. If buying for invstmt, I would rather get Jgateway den SV if both r $1700psf.

I feel tat dksg's definition of higher valuation refers the more strategic positioning of Bishan loc as compared to Jurong loc. In tis aspect, I agree wif him.

FACTS

Capsian is the ONLY TOP project in whole of district 22 that has got MM apartments and being 2 MRT stops away from Jurong East, it is the closest and most comparable example to use as a basis to project rental for J Gateway MM.

And J Gateway being located at the heart of Jurong Gateway with 5 big malls, hospitals, office towers, country club, integrated transport hub, Jurong Lake, garden etc all within walking distant, is surely a far more superior project than Caspian.

Hence I think you must be pretty naive to believe that rent at J gateway will not be higher than Caspian. Just like all the comments you made at the caspian thread.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Already told u to compare the yield of those who bought Caspian MM at launch n the yield of those who buy jgateway. If u can't achieve the same kind of percentage yield, what is the point of bringing it up? Also u r assuming MM rental will stay that way for Caspian all the way up to jgateway TOP, don't u think that is being naive?

FACTS

Capsian is the ONLY TOP project in whole of district 22 that has got MM apartments and being 2 MRT stops away from Jurong East, it is the closest and most comparable example to use as a basis to project rental for J Gateway MM.

And J Gateway being located at the heart of Jurong Gateway with 5 big malls, hospitals, office towers, country club, integrated transport hub, Jurong Lake, garden etc all within walking distant, is surely a far more superior project than Caspian.

Hence I think you must be pretty naive to believe that rent at J gateway will not be higher than Caspian. Just like all the comments you made at the caspian thread.

It is indeed tough and heartbreaking to see people holding onto a Jurong MM that was sold at the same price as a Bishan/Thomson MM struggling.

And then have to try day and night to convince himself and others that paying the same price is normal.

Which part of Jurong and Bishan/Thomson same price ---> choose Bishan/Thomson --> that people cannot understand ? Why when we say Scotts Road and Newton same price, choose Scotts Road, people can understand ? Or maybe also cannot.

It is indeed tough to educate people that if :

Jurong sells at $1,6xx psf resulting in SV selling at $1,9xx psf, then $2,0xx psf for The Sail is good buy.
    BUT BUT BUT if Jurong sold for $1,6xx psf, and SV sold for only $1,5xx psf, then The Sail's good buy will no longer by $2,0xx psf, it will drop to $1,8xx psf.

Mermaid is right, at $1,6xx psf, most future gains are already factored in.

The saving grace is that for Singapore properties, as long as one wait long enough, it will always go up.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    I give u an example.

If pork is selling at $15/kg (25% discount) with fish remained at $30/kg , I feel tat it is very worth to buy pork.

Then the next day, fish leylong to $20/kg (33% discount), I feel tat pork at $15/kg is too exp. I would rather buy fish.

Then come the 3rd day, fish become $15/kg same price as pork, I would feel tat pork is overpriced.

The moral behind the story is:
    Pricing cannot be viewed in isolation; it is relative.
    ...even a fishmonger understands this easily....sometimes stubbornness blinds people.

Wif the shifting of OFS, more or less there will be certain extent of increase in demand for ppty in Pasir Ris, but does tat means tat Pasir Ris will be able to catch up wif the rental amt in Tanah Merah?

Let me give u an example.
    Say the current mm in Tanah Merah is $2.5k per mth while an equiv mm in Pasir Ris is oni $2k. If u tell me tat demand for Pasir Ris mm can fight wif those in Tanah Merah, I wun be surprise cos being a potential tenant, I dun mind staying a few stn further away from central of spore/my work place (eg the tanah financial hub/uni etc) as there is quite a significant amt of savings per mth (25% diff).

However, as demand for Pasir Ris mm inceases (due to its low rental), rental amt will oso increase … say until it reaches $2.5k (as per how u feel, Pasir Ris can be on par wif Tanah Merah).

So now tell me, wat is the incentive now to pay the same amt for a location which is not as ideal?

Tenants will find it more worthwhile to rent Tanah Merah. So when demand for Tanah Merah increases, rental amount will increase.
    So, it is possible for Pasir Ris mm to command a rental amt of $2.5k. But wat tis happen, Tanah Merah will no longer be $2.5k anymore.

Gg fwd, it will be easier to compare Pasir Ris & Tanah Merah becos both recent new launches r equally compact.

U see huh, there is nothing wrong wif J gateway. The only “flaw” is tat further potential is limited as current pricing for Jgateway has already factored in all the potentials. But I would feel tat other older projects like Caspian will hv unlimited potential as the initial investment outlay is much smaller as compared to J gateway.
    Hi Mermaid, thanks for taking time out to explain. I used to think along the lines of your explanation on Tanah Merah and Pasir Ris. But I also do notice pockets of the property market sometimes do work in a not-so-straightforward fashion. For example, the rent of a 500 to 600 sqf unit at The Sail and One-North is about the same ($4,000) and this has been going on for sometime. Of course, we can argue that The Sail is not a good reference for comparison because there are on-going issues there. Even so, how do we explain this observation. I can only speculate the reason for this is that the tenant profile for One-North could be those working in the Buona Vista / NUS vicinity and they are willing and able to pay that kind of rent asked by the owners of One-North. Coming back to the pasir ris and tanah merah example, is it possible that the same scenario at the sail / one-north will play out? Your guess is as good as mine. If I view it from another angle, can I say that PR property have "little to lose" as they can command the same yield as TM and yet in with a shout to ask for the same rent as TM?

As for J Gateway, I don't disagree that the developer may have priced in the future potential of JLD. However when I compare the prices achieved by JG and the other new (99LH) launches all over the island over the last two years, I don't see JG prices are significantly higher than the rest. As for Caspian, my humble opinion is that it will also ride on the JLD wave but whether it will outperform JG, it is hard to say at the moment because I think its performance is likely to be influenced by JG as a benchmark.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post
    When someone tries to tell you that Pasir Ris is not lower valuation than Tanah Merah and paying same price in Newton as Orchard is not overpaying, we better stop talking. Because when people cannot understand the fundamentals of property investment and discuss based on "what I own is more valuable than anything else", it is a fruitless discussion.

DKSG
    Hi DKSG, I am not really sure what you mean. I thought Mermaid and I were just having a discussion on PR/TM and JG. I'm not trying to slam his or her views. Am not sure why you said "it is a fruitless discussion". It does come across as condescending.

Just as I respect Mermaid and other forumer's views, I also do respect your views. We joined this forum to share our knowledge and experience and for some of us to learn (myself included) something as well. I do think mutual respect in this forum will go some way in helping everyone get something useful out of this forum. I hope you get my drift.

I give u an example.

1) There is no such thing as a market rate for fish and pork, its all depends on supply and demand. Just like property. when there are too many buyer chasing after 1 development, result is sold one 1 day. On the other hand if the product is not attractive, even with discount, promo girls in swimsuit, it will still not be sold out.

2) Pork and Fish are a totally different products, they are not close substitute. If pork is expensive, buyer will just switch to chicken, beef or even not eat meat at all.

Just like property J Gateway and Bishan SV are total different products. one is located in the heart of business district within Singapore largest employment zone, the other is located heart of residential district near cemetery. So for someone looking for a place at Jurong will not suddenly switch to Bishan just because price is jurong property is more expensive.

3) Again, there is no such thing as overpriced if its being sold out. One need to respect the market force. If you wan an example of over price product? Think Sky Habitat.

My personal take is tat SV is only worth buying for lower flr. In fact the higher flrs will be hard to sell as psf is not cheap. If buying for invstmt, I would rather get Jgateway den SV if both r $1700psf.

I feel tat dksg's definition of higher valuation refers the more strategic positioning of Bishan loc as compared to Jurong loc. In tis aspect, I agree wif him.

Capitaland tries to sell SH as D9 and D10 property and they failed miserably, not because banks are not prepare to lend, or valuer are not agreeable to the selling price, but buyers doesnt see the value of SH at that price.

About 20 years ago, Bishan was still a cemetery town and today someone is trying to brag there Bishan is good buy. So my question is, if cemetery can turn into good buy, why cant JLD turn into MUST buy? Ultimately what you and I think is not important, it is how the market think that is important.

1) There is no such thing as a market rate for fish and pork, its all depends on supply and demand. Just like property. when there are too many buyer chasing after 1 development, result is sold one 1 day. On the other hand if the product is not attractive, even with discount, promo girls in swimsuit, it will still not be sold out.

2) Pork and Fish are a totally different products, they are not close substitute. If pork is expensive, buyer will just switch to chicken, beef or even not eat meat at all.

Just like property J Gateway and Bishan SV are total different products. one is located in the heart of business district within Singapore largest employment zone, the other is located heart of residential district near cemetery. So for someone looking for a place at Jurong will not suddenly switch to Bishan just because price is jurong property is more expensive.

3) Again, there is no such thing as overpriced if its being sold out. One need to respect the market force. If you wan an example of over price product? Think Sky Habitat.
    if u cannot relate the message tat Im trying to bring across via the analogy, I tink it will be pointless for me to explain further.

P/S: I have nvr deny the fact tat Sky habitat is overpriced. In fact, Trilinq, Urban Vista, Jgateway are all overpriced IMHO.

Tis sentence is not very well phrased. I suppose the qn is asking whether a proj in PLAB is a better buy den Jgateway in JLD?
    If yes, I would choose to buy a proj in PLAB too.
    Reason : Jgateway pricing has alrdy factored in all future potential, Im not optimistic on huge capital appreciation.

But if u r asking me issit better to invest in a new proj in PLAB or buying a resale Caspian at eg $1400psf, I will definitely choose Caspian.

Nah DKSG is trying be too smart, trying to see more than what his vision allows him.

Talking about buying PLAB now is like throwing darts in the dark because no one, not even URA has got any concrete plan they are going to do with PLAB, and here we have someone saying BUY?

BUY what is exactly I am asking?

Of course talk is free what, you can say want to buy the entire PLAB it will still cost you nothing.

if u cannot relate the message tat Im trying to bring across via the analogy, I tink it will be pointless for me to explain further.

P/S: I have nvr deny the fact tat Sky habitat is overpriced. In fact, Trilinq, Urban Vista, Jgateway are all overpriced IMHO.

There are no comparison between fish and pork, so dont even think of trying.

So my question is, if cemetery can turn into good buy, why cant JLD turn into MUST buy? Ultimately what you and I think is not important, it is how the market think that is important.
    there is no such thing as to whether cemetery/JLD will be a gd/bad buy. Im sure a prudent buyer will not make a decision based on tis alone.

I can tell u, JLD is a gd buy, provided the price is the same as all other OCR projects. Else, it is expensive.

Take SV for example. At $1400- $1500psf for mm, everyone snatches. When it reaches $1600 - $1700 (for the higher flr), ppl oso stop buying even though Bishan is such a fantastic loc.

The rationale is the same regardless of the loc ...

Quote Originally Posted by 081828 View Post
    Hi Mermaid, thanks for taking time out to explain. I used to think along the lines of your explanation on Tanah Merah and Pasir Ris. But I also do notice pockets of the property market sometimes do work in a not-so-straightforward fashion. For example, the rent of a 500 to 600 sqf unit at The Sail and One-North is about the same ($4,000) and this has been going on for sometime. Of course, we can argue that The Sail is not a good reference for comparison because there are on-going issues there. Even so, how do we explain this observation. I can only speculate the reason for this is that the tenant profile for One-North could be those working in the Buona Vista / NUS vicinity and they are willing and able to pay that kind of rent asked by the owners of One-North. Coming back to the pasir ris and tanah merah example, is it possible that the same scenario at the sail / one-north will play out? Your guess is as good as mine. If I view it from another angle, can I say that PR property have "little to lose" as they can command the same yield as TM and yet in with a shout to ask for the same rent as TM?
    I noe wat u r driving at.
    Non prime (One-North) doesn’t necc means the prices cannot be matched up with the Prime (The Sail). Tis I agree. But it doesn’t means tat becos One-North can fetch the same $ as The Sail, J gateway will be able to do so.
    Assume, J Gateway managed to fetch One-North rental rate. But it oso cannot match One-North rental yield cos J gateway initial investment amt is way much higher in the 1st place.

Coming back to the pasir ris and tanah merah example, is it possible that the same scenario at the sail / one-north will play out? Your guess is as good as mine. If I view it from another angle, can I say that PR property have "little to lose" as they can command the same yield as TM and yet in with a shout to ask for the same rent as TM?
    It is true, Pasir Ris ppty has nothing to lose as their prices r way much cheaper den Tanah Merah. In fact, Pasir Ris yield can be much better even though their rental amount is much lower den Tanah Merah due to the lower psf.
    Btw, pricing for Urban Vista at Tanah Merah is similar to Jgateway.

and buyers of jgateway are relying on that saving grace and not good investment sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG View Post
    It is indeed tough and heartbreaking to see people holding onto a Jurong MM that was sold at the same price as a Bishan/Thomson MM struggling.

And then have to try day and night to convince himself and others that paying the same price is normal.

Which part of Jurong and Bishan/Thomson same price ---> choose Bishan/Thomson --> that people cannot understand ? Why when we say Scotts Road and Newton same price, choose Scotts Road, people can understand ? Or maybe also cannot.

It is indeed tough to educate people that if :

Jurong sells at $1,6xx psf resulting in SV selling at $1,9xx psf, then $2,0xx psf for The Sail is good buy.
    BUT BUT BUT if Jurong sold for $1,6xx psf, and SV sold for only $1,5xx psf, then The Sail's good buy will no longer by $2,0xx psf, it will drop to $1,8xx psf.

Mermaid is right, at $1,6xx psf, most future gains are already factored in.

The saving grace is that for Singapore properties, as long as one wait long enough, it will always go up.

there is no such thing as to whether cemetery/JLD will be a gd/bad buy. Im sure a prudent buyer will not make a decision based on tis alone.

I can tell u, JLD is a gd buy, provided the price is the same as all other OCR projects. Else, it is expensive.

Take SV for example. At $1400- $1500psf for mm, everyone snatches. When it reaches $1600 - $1700 (for the higher flr), ppl oso stop buying even though Bishan is such a fantastic loc.

The rationale is the same regardless of the loc ...
    What is your logic in using other OCR property price as a price ceiling for JLD properties?

Perhaps you could give us an example of a OCR district that is similar to JLD.

As for J Gateway, I don't disagree that the developer may have priced in the future potential of JLD. However when I compare the prices achieved by JG and the other new (99LH) launches all over the island over the last two years. I don't see JG prices are significantly higher than the rest.
    Take mm launched tis yr for example. I still can find a handful of cheaper ones. One can argue tat the below may not hv any potential but Jgateway pricing alrdy factored in the potential, else it shd be similar.

La Fiesta (near SengKang mrt OCR)
    highest $1440psf, lowest $1238psf

Bartley Ridge (near Bartley mrt RCR)
    highest $1564psf, lowest $1281psf

Dnest (near Pasir Ris mrt OCR)
    highest $1299psf, lowest $1041psf

Jewel (near buangkok mrt OCR)
    $1411psf, lowest $1272psf

Jgateway (near Jurong mrt OCR)
    highest $1774psf, lowest $1440psf

(Figures extracted fm URA)

Take mm launched tis yr for example. I still can find a handful of cheaper ones. One can argue tat the below may not hv any potential but Jgateway pricing alrdy factored in the potential, else it shd be similar.

La Fiesta (near SengKang mrt OCR)
    highest $1440psf, lowest $1238psf

Bartley Ridge (near Bartley mrt RCR)
    highest $1564psf, lowest $1281psf

Dnest (near Pasir Ris mrt OCR)
    highest $1299psf, lowest $1041psf

Jewel (near buangkok mrt OCR)
    $1411psf, lowest $1272psf

Jgateway (near Jurong mrt OCR)
    highest $1774psf, lowest $1440psf

(Figures extracted fm URA)

J Gateway located right next to

1) IMM
    2) NTF Hospital
    3) Jurong Community hospital
    4) Jem shopping mall cum office tower
    5) Westgate shopping mall cum office tower
    6) J Cube mall
    7) Big Box warehouse retail mall
    8) RWS hotel
    9) Jurong Country club
    10) International business park
    11) launched and yet to launched commercial office tower
    12) Chinese and Japanese Garden
    13) Science Center, Omni theater, Snow City Ice Skating Rink
    14) Jurong Lake.
    15) Integrated transport hub with 3 MRT line interchange (2025)

1) IMM
    2) NTF Hospital
    6) J Cube mall
    8) RWS hotel
    9) Jurong Country club
    14) Jurong Lake.
    aiyo! if Im yr teacher I will sure vomit blood leh! I tot I hv explained in great details the whole morning liao u still dun get the moral behind my story ????
    *faint* liddat I give up.

aiyo! if Im yr teacher I will sure vomit blood leh! I tot I hv explained in great details the whole morning liao u still dun get the moral behind my story ????
    *faint* liddat I give up.
    he is stuck in his logical loop, dont waste your time, lol.

still waiting for "laoya" fone that cost the same as a smart fone.
    dont say laoya fone is JG and smart fone is SV.
    a real actual phone please.

you see, in the market, there is no such thing as a "laoya" fone that cost the same as a smart fone.
    these are false choices.

similar eg people usually give is toyota versus ferrari at same price, which would you buy? there is no such thing as toyota and ferrari at same price.

For pork and fish example.
    previously chicken is more expensive than fish.
    yet now, fish is more expensive than chicken.
    things do change in importance as the market decides.

the 2 main actors now absent. No more epic slugfest liao. only bit players left. looks like this thread dying a slow death.

must be because of this post
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...postcount=1545

then people realised that JG buyers are people too, more likely Jurong HDB upgraders. Attacking JG at 17xxpsf (should be 15xx) is like saying Jurong people are carrotheads, idiots, brain-damaged as a result of industrial pollutants.

Out of sensitivity, the attacks against R33, JLD story, JG seems to lessen because attacking him is indirectly questioning the intelligence of the Jurong residents.

the mood of the thread seem to have shifted.
    I have been to several threads all over this forum for some time (just that I have been a silent reader and only started to post now because I've got some free time ). I came away with the conclusion that every location and property has its own supporters and naysayers. This is also a reflection of the diversity that we have in this forum, market place and the society at large.

Initially, I accept that not everyone will like Jurong / JG. I can also accept that some of us may find JG "over-valued" for whatever reasons. I think that's fine as everyone is entitled to their opinions. Then the comments started to shift to attack and condemnation mode about Jurong and its residents: "air pollution in Jurong area", "odour-less poisonous fumes breathe in by people who stay in Jurong" and whatever not... In some cases, I think some of the comments were bordering on personal attacks as well. Personally, I don't think such comments are necessary for one to get his or her points across. And I don't find the same type of disparaging comments being said about other part of Singapore. So why do some of us deem it fit to use such such words and comments? I can't help but go away with the impression that some of us have a condescending attitude towards others.

Although one can argue this is a public forum and that we can always ignore such comments, we also cannot deny that people who reside in the western region and read this might naturally get offended (and become defensive). Already we can see that the quality of this thread/forum has gone downhill and for some of us, it has become an unpleasant experience. There are countless rounds of comments over the same thing over and over again. I also think there are some forumers who just want to have the final word on everything but the reality is that it won't happen until everyone exercises some self-restrain.

My point is this: I think all of us owe it to ourselves and the participants of this forum to be mindful and exercise some self-restrain.

Lastly, I am a nobody but a learning participant in this forum. If you think what I have written above is garbage, please ignore it. Thank you.

1) IMM
    2) NTF Hospital
    6) J Cube mall
    8) RWS hotel
    9) Jurong Country club
    14) Jurong Lake.
    Most of these places are already there for the past 10 years.

How does a warehouse retail whatever (I cannot bring myself to say that it is a "mall") increase value of properties around it ? Like the IKEA in Tampines with Giant ?!

IBP can increase value ? Then value already increased when prices is at $680 psf ! Similiarly Chinese/Japanese Garden also.

Jurong and Bishan/Thomson same price. That is already a given fact.
    Bishan/Thomson is more valuable than Jurong is also given.

You see, we are trying to help you validate the stories your agent(s) are telling you.

DKSG