Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should we BUY?

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Think the pix will be clearer when population stats for 2014 in unveiled...

Not many people take their time to understand, most chose to believe what they want to believe. If you tell them Bank create Money and MAS is the one control the creation, most will chose to say it is not truth instead of finding out the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Drop something on the homogeneous tiles and the chip-off surface is unrepairable!

Unless you are talking about those tenants where 4 people can squeeze into a room type, no high-income person or expat with family who can afford it will want to squeeze into a 2 bedders less than 800 sqft or 3 bedders less than 1000 sqft!
    Unless you are talking about those tenants where 4 people can squeeze into a room type, no high-income person or expat with family who can afford it will want to squeeze into a 2 bedders less than 800 sqft or 3 bedders less than 1000 sqft! [/QUOTE]

I once used a hammer and chisel at the homogeneous tile and not even scratched. I think there are probably different grades of this.

The second point is circular logic which is always true. High income who can afford it will also buy cars that must be pin-drop silent. But that is generally not true for the majority of tenants who either cannot afford or don't want to spend like that. Also if they are so affluent, what is preventing them from buying?

Singles, couples awaiting their apartment, and PRs who have not meet 3 year residence are those that fall neatly into this. Especially if they have just started working or desire independence from parents.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Not many people take their time to understand, most chose to believe what they want to believe. If you tell them Bank create Money and MAS is the one control the creation, most will chose to say it is not truth instead of finding out the facts.
    Money supply

https://secure.mas.gov.sg/msb-xml/Re...=I&tableID=I.1

Start @ 2010 and end 2014 and be amazed

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Think you must have mistaken granites for tiles!
    With hammer and chisel, even granite also will have scratches!
    Not sure what tiles you have, must be very rare, 1 in a trillion?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    I once used a hammer and chisel at the homogeneous tile and not even scratched. I think there are probably different grades of this.

The second point is circular logic which is always true. High income who can afford it will also buy cars that must be pin-drop silent. But that is generally not true for the majority of tenants who either cannot afford or don't want to spend like that. Also if they are so affluent, what is preventing them from buying?

Singles, couples awaiting their apartment, and PRs who have not meet 3 year residence are those that fall neatly into this. Especially if they have just started working or desire independence from parents.

Think you must have mistaken granites for tiles!
    With hammer and chisel, even granite also will have scratches.
    Not sure what tiles you have, must be very rare, 1 in a trillion?
    The contractor laid the tiles unevenly. We used this method to leave a dull mark on the tiles to replace so that no cheating allowed (for sure will change). There was even sparks coming out from contact. But from angle no scratches really.

Anyway it's been rented for 3 years. Every time I visit the tiles are still in A+ condition. No scratches.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

So?

Up????????

White paper

http://population.sg/whitepaper/reso...hite-paper.pdf

"to stop our citizen
    population from shrinking, we will take in between
    15,000 and 25,000 new citizens each year"

"Singapore’s total population of residents and non-
    residents in 2020 is projected to be between 5.8
    and 6 million, depending on our fertility trends,
    life expectancy, as well as our social and economic
    needs"

So what is the population today??? What is the projected in 2020???

Like everything, it can swing anyway....

For me, no opinion to buy or sell.... I just look at numbers to guide me....

There is a lack of confidence in the mkt, but if there is a solid project launching, then it will be different. But now, buyers are stuck with financing elsie the mkt should be moving.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7 View Post
    There is a lack of confidence in the mkt, but if there is a solid project launching, then it will be different. But now, buyers are stuck with financing elsie the mkt should be moving.
    ....haha....few months back till now, people were shouting ..".not worth to wait, now buy, save u from paying rental"

Soon a downgraded version will appear "why wait...sell it now and still be a winner"

Be real, if buyer continue wait and sellers all refused to lower price...good luck to agents...market is sliding downward like KBW had designed it that way....not within anybody strenght to turn this around... work with market, not against the market.... speed up this cycle, the buyers will bite if price is right, cut the miserable days short...
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Yes right, property prices quick crash! This will prove that all those CMs implemented had contributed to the crash!

Quote Originally Posted by walkthetiger View Post
    ....haha....few months back till now, people were shouting ..".not worth to wait, now buy, save u from paying rental"

Soon a downgraded version will appear "why wait...sell it now and still be a winner"

Be real, if buyer continue wait and sellers all refused to lower price...good luck to agents...market is sliding downward like KBW had designed it that way....not within anybody strenght to turn this around... work with market, not against the market.... speed up this cycle, the buyers will bite if price is right, cut the miserable days short...

Yes right, property prices quick crash! This will prove that all those CMs implemented had contributed to the crash!
    ..the market is bigger than any of us....we can only watch and try out best to see what is coming.....if it deserves to crash, then let it crashes...置于死地而后生... then let it comes fast and let it goes fast.

....But hope it will not be a long painful slow dead.... nobody wishes to die that way...
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7 View Post
    There is confidence in the market but buyers are unwilling to pay extra duties to government...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine23 View Post
    There is confidence in the market but buyers are unwilling to pay extra duties to government...
    Unwilling to pay group maybe 20%. Unable to pay group maybe 80%.

My opinion only.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Unwilling to pay group maybe 20%. Unable to pay group maybe 80%.

My opinion only.
    Property isn't for everybody.

I was bought up with the thinking that property is only for the rich. And the Rich gets Richer.

Right?

I was bought up with the thinking that property is only for the rich. And the Rich gets Richer.

Right?
    Nope, it's all in the mind.

When I was young, my teacher say go and buy stamp and stick on a piece of paper and then deposit it into POSB. They teach us that is where the money is, call saving.

Then my father told me to pay out all debt and not to get into debt. He brought a 3 room HDB for SGD 6,600 in 1969. Later with CPF SGD 100,000 and new 5 room HDB cost SGD 50,000 he refuse to move and told me when the war come all the building will be gone.

With zero cents from him, 1988 I brought a 4 room HDB then 1993 with SGD 20,000 loan from him I brought a 5 room HDB then a 3 room HDB then a in 2006 brought a 2 Bedroom PC then in 2011 a 3 bedroom PH and I learn money is created by the Bank and there is this thing call good debt and bad debt. And if you want to be a millionaire, first you must convince yourself you can be one.

Right?
    Be realistic, if u have one dollar, praise yourself if you can turn it to $2. There is no absolute fairness, different playing field, but i have $1000 then it will easier to turn it $3000.....if all become millionaire, then many here should be billionaire as well...

If all my children know how to multiple my wealth, propably by now i would be in top few riches list...

Right?
    TDSR has a strong levelling effect even for the rich if they have heavy existing housing and car loans.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Yup, I agree it's all in the mind. But I must say not everyone can think this way.

That is why there is Rich and Poor difference.

When I was young, my teacher say go and buy stamp and stick on a piece of paper and then deposit it into POSB. They teach us that is where the money is, call saving.

Then my father told me to pay out all debt and not to get into debt. He brought a 3 room HDB for SGD 6,600 in 1969. Later with CPF SGD 100,000 and new 5 room HDB cost SGD 50,000 he refuse to move and told me when the war come all the building will be gone.

With zero cents from him, 1988 I brought a 4 room HDB then 1993 with SGD 20,000 loan from him I brought a 5 room HDB then a 3 room HDB then a in 2006 brought a 2 Bedroom PC then in 2011 a 3 bedroom PH and I learn money is created by the Bank and there is this thing call good debt and bad debt. And if you want to be a millionaire, first you must convince yourself you can be one.

TDSR has a strong levelling effect even for the rich if they have heavy existing housing and car loans.
    ..haha..u should consider those as rich in debt only....

Then these are not the Rich. These are the Look Rich people?

haha

..haha..u should consider those as rich in debt only....
    They are prevented from getting richer in debts.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

...agree too, there are some riches who created their wealth by just knowing how borrow.... is not for everybody to follow blindy..

So how much is your loan now? Would u be worried if interest rates go up? Is your condos all rented out?

...agree too, there are some riches who created their wealth by just knowing how borrow.... is not for everybody to follow blindy..
    Rich in debts as of the moment is still correlational to being wealthy.

But the tides can change also. Various uncertainties can set in. I don't think all those who borrow to the hilt sleep well.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

But the tides can change also. Various uncertainties can set in. I don't think all those who borrow to the hilt sleep well.
    For rental props
    Scenario 1
    If you have 800K cash/liquid asset, would you borrow 800K for the house???

Scenario 2
    If you have a housing loan of 800K, and you have cash of 800k, would you pay up your loan

...have to admit, I am not into this area... however, there are just too many ways to make money nowadays...to me, it is just how much is the return and coupled with the risk that I are willing to take, ... but everything is the same, timing is important....If I am not sure about something, i rather let others to take that money...

like warran buffet says. when the tides is out you will know who is swimming naked.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

The real rich are more concern on wealth preservation. Generating wealth was done earlier in life or by the previous generations. Thus Wealth preserversation is the top most priority.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

For rental props
    Scenario 1

Scenario 2
    If you have a housing loan of 800K, and you have cash of 800k, would you pay up your loan

frankly 800K cash these days are nothing much to scream abt. so Question should be what if nothing is don't with the 800K cash. what will happen to it?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

...have to admit, I am not into this area... however, there are just too many ways to make money nowadays...to me, it is just how much is the return and coupled with the risk that I are willing to take, ... but everything is the same, timing is important....If I am not sure about something, i rather let others to take that money...
    I view this fair, anybody who thinks they are ready and are smart enough to it, then go for it... measure the self capability ... like how far he should go, how much he deserve to obtain....

Moreover, herd investors got no much choice, it is the system that push to them to think they must try to gain without limit...and there are too much lies around confusing them...some are just confused by their own greed..these got themselve to blame.

For rental props
    Scenario 1

Scenario 2

The main problem is that some may have this 800K and aiming to borrow 8 million.

"Borrow" and "borrow to the hilt" are two separate things.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.