Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 61116212631323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1178

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    76%. under a quarter left to sell.
    Sorry but why under a quarter left to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi View Post
    I'm not too concerned about price dropping.. Buying early means picking the best unit.. If later buyers got better price - happy for them
    Actually previous buyers have a right to be concern.. Buying early means picking the best unit at your price point. But now new purchasers can get the same stack 10 floors higher than your unit at the same price. It means you will be at a disadvantage when you are planning to rent or sell because the new purchasers can compete with your rental or sale price with a much higher floor unit.

Also with the drop in price will the bank do a margin call and ask previous buyers to top up the down payment?

Quote Originally Posted by Imm View Post
    Actually previous buyers have a right to be concern.. Buying early means picking the best unit at your price point. But now new purchasers can get the same stack 10 floors higher than your unit at the same price. It means you will be at a disadvantage when you are planning to rent or sell because the new purchasers can compete with your rental or sale price with a much higher floor unit.

Also with the drop in price will the bank do a margin call and ask previous buyers to top up the down payment?
    If buying to stay, this may not matter much. Psychologically, won't feel good. But in the long run, impossible to ensure the best value for own unit as there will always be people buying more expensive or cheaper in the same project.

I don't disagree but there are a few things to note:
    1) those units with discount are in stacks where demand has been weak. If u are an early purchaser in a good stack, there is hardly any discount now and you don't lose out to late purchasers
    2) project is 76% sold. Less pressure for developer to extend discounts further, compared to say sky habitat or trillinq.
    3) project TOP in 2016. Developer has up to 2018 to sell before incurring QC charges and ABSD.
    4) recent discounts have been withdrawn mostly. Only few star buy units left
    5) comparing with recent launches (lakeville, commonwealth tower etc), this project looks cheap and certainly nearer to town. No pressure for developer to cut price to compete

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    I don't disagree but there are a few things to note:
    1) those units with discount are in stacks where demand has been weak. If u are an early purchaser in a good stack, there is hardly any discount now and you don't lose out to late purchasers
    2) project is 76% sold. Less pressure for developer to extend discounts further, compared to say sky habitat or trillinq.
    3) project TOP in 2016. Developer has up to 2018 to sell before incurring QC charges and ABSD.
    4) recent discounts have been withdrawn mostly. Only few star buy units left
    5) comparing with recent launches (lakeville, commonwealth tower etc), this project looks cheap and certainly nearer to town. No pressure for developer to cut price to compete
    well summarised.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

There are pros and cons when buying any project, not just 8RS. Earlier buyers have more choices including 1/2 bedders which I think 1 bedroom already sold out long ago. 2 bedrooms left a handful or already sold out.
    Hence, there is no win or lose. Now is a good time to buy but choices are limited. I got mine and I am glad I purchased earlier (don't talk about ABSD since developer reduces prices and some think there is a break-even that I would agee), I am more concrened that I was able to obtain 80% loan based on previous CM althought this is my 2nd property. I have more spared cash on hand for rainy days...

I know of at least 5 units sold over the weekend. . 3 of these are the 980sft units on 24/25 flr at around 1.33mil.

Not bad taking into consideration the hype now is the sorrento and the one at commonwealth.

Quote Originally Posted by xtink View Post
    I know of at least 5 units sold over the weekend. . 3 of these are the 980sft units on 24/25 flr at around 1.33mil.

Not bad taking into consideration the hype now is the sorrento and the one at commonwealth.
    yes thats v good considering this is an "old launch". so the 980sqft ones high floor are going at 1350-1360psf. not a bad price. any idea which stack this is? how much was this before the discount?

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    yes thats v good considering this is an "old launch". so the 980sqft ones high floor are going at 1350-1360psf. not a bad price. any idea which stack this is? how much was this before the discount?

Stack 6 and 12. Not sure about price before discount. But my guess could be around 200k off the listed. Anyway listed price are meant to be bargained down by buyers for the feel good feeling everywhere.

Hmmm...agent told me over weekend that 24/25 flr prices for 980sqft units are 1.38mil.

Hmm... Anyway the higher the better right? Lol.. We shall see in 1-2 months time when the caveats are out.

Hmmm...agent told me over weekend that 24/25 flr prices for 980sqft units are 1.38mil.
    1.38m sounds a bit more believable. high floor leh.. sure have decent view with less noise.

anyway, does anyone have decent pics of the view facing potong pasir? the mbs/city view is always hyped up, but the opposite side no one talks about. to me, its actually more liveable as u only get morning sun - completely no afternoon sun at all. vice versa for the mbs view. i cannot stand house with full direct afternoon sun - not in singapore at least

Stack 6 and 12. Not sure about price before discount. But my guess could be around 200k off the listed. Anyway listed price are meant to be bargained down by buyers for the feel good feeling everywhere.

Did a search on ura.... The earliest 980sqft unit sold between 21-25 floor was in sep 2013 for 1.362mil. So 6 months forward, maybe the real discount was only a couple 10s of k after all if indeed the recent tx are 1.33mil (stand to be corrected). The list price indeed is just a list price.

I saw another interesting caveat lodged in Feb 2014 for 1.425mil also 21-25 flr. I suspect the buyer took the car promotion hence the price is high. Again I'm speculating.

Sky habitat slash prices and moved 80 units over the weekend. Not sure how 8RS will perform this month. 8RS marketing is damn unnoticeable. Unlike Capitaland, agressive and loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Sky habitat slash prices and moved 80 units over the weekend. Not sure how 8RS will perform this month. 8RS marketing is damn unnoticeable. Unlike Capitaland, agressive and loud.
    Crapland needs to be louder and more aggressive becos its sales are pathetic. Less need to 8RS to do so at this stage since UE has more than broken even and can take own sweet time to sell.

Crapland needs to be louder and more aggressive becos its sales are pathetic. Less need to 8RS to do so at this stage since UE has more than broken even and can take own sweet time to sell.
    the only reason 8RS is not sold out or 99% sold is because of poor advertising from the outset by UE. the advertising has been nothing short of lousy. the TV ads started long after launch and was of poor taste, the newspaper ads have simply been inconspicuous and downright ugly.

nevertheless, being a large development thats now 76% sold, is already considered an achievement for the stingy developer. this just shows that being in a good location makes a difference. no matter how much good advertising u have, if u are over priced (sky habitat and trilinq) or located in a not-so-good location (panorama), sales wont be good.

i always believe that boonkeng will someday see a revival. its in a rather prime city fringe location with lots of potential for redevelopment. like i said before, with the multiple new condos and hdbs in the making, we are probably starting to the beginning of the transformation. IMO i think the river in front of 8RS can be made v nice if cleaned up and if a ?bridge was built directly across from 8RS to the other side. do u think this will happen?

Anyone knows if there might be any chance that the unblock view facing potong pasir could be gone due to new developments near the empty plot of land near the PIE? Or will the shop houses opposite One St Micheal condo be enbloc for private developments which could end up with tall buildings in its place?

Talking

Congrats to the queerness of the low psf of 8 riversuites compared to projects of lousier locations.. this topic has even made it to mycarforum!

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2694...t-riversuites/

Anyone knows if there might be any chance that the unblock view facing potong pasir could be gone due to new developments near the empty plot of land near the PIE? Or will the shop houses opposite One St Micheal condo be enbloc for private developments which could end up with tall buildings in its place?
    can start by looking at the plot ratio of those land in master plan.. if 1.4-1.6 you are quite safe... up till the next masterplan update then pray and rinse repeat

Or hope those shophouses are marked as conservation status

Anyway just enjoy the view while it last lah.. Singapore needs to accomodate 6.9mil.. you should have the view at least for the next 5 yrs since new development also takes time to built. You may not have the view 5-10 yrs after that and most likely not 10-20 yrs down the road..

Congrats to the queerness of the low psf of 8 riversuites compared to projects of lousier locations.. this topic has even made it to mycarforum!

Did a check on REALIS. Recent low psf prices mainly due to sale of loft units with lots of air space.

Did a check on REALIS. Recent low psf prices mainly due to sale of loft units with lots of air space.
    the loft unit stack must be the star buy one

Question Loft

What is the exact liveable area (sqft) for loft units?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Some of the postings very interesting, like:

I also find this project reasonably priced bearing in mind the location. If not wrong the also tie up with Renault/Volvo cars selling at a discount.
    Unfortunately I can't afford but it sure is strange why it doesn't sell out at this price when those at worse locations sell better????
    Thought location is the most important!!!!

power of real estate agents have made location subjective
    some believe that jurong will be the future orchard/ CBD

Hahahaha.... some believe every piece of land in Singapore has the potential to be like Raffles Place!!! And I'm not digging my friend Vic here. I read about it somewhere.

I see Lakeside condo ad every night on TV. They claim city living in the west. Seriously, $1300psf for Jurong just make many projects look cheap.

Yah, that's why feel that 8 riversuites is "cheap" compared to those in Jurong / tanah merah

Jurong=Toyota selling at Lexus price.

so teddybear whats ur opinion on this project? im curious to know since ur a real guru. im just a wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Some of the postings very interesting, like:

I also find this project reasonably priced bearing in mind the location. If not wrong the also tie up with Renault/Volvo cars selling at a discount.
    Unfortunately I can't afford but it sure is strange why it doesn't sell out at this price when those at worse locations sell better????
    Thought location is the most important!!!!

power of real estate agents have made location subjective
    some believe that jurong will be the future orchard/ CBD

Hahahaha.... some believe every piece of land in Singapore has the potential to be like Raffles Place!!! And I'm not digging my friend Vic here. I read about it somewhere.

I see Lakeside condo ad every night on TV. They claim city living in the west. Seriously, $1300psf for Jurong just make many projects look cheap.

Yah, that's why feel that 8 riversuites is "cheap" compared to those in Jurong / tanah merah

Quote Originally Posted by iforum View Post
    What is the exact liveable area (sqft) for loft units?
    Total floor area is 75 sqm. Useable area us about 3/4. Remaining is air space.

Wah..from ura website, 936 sqf (3 bedder) only $800,000 ....the developer really cut a lot

Quote Originally Posted by dragonkee View Post
    Wah..from ura website, 936 sqf (3 bedder) only $800,000 ....the developer really cut a lot
    i dont think the discounts are still on right?
    anyway i think this unit must have been one of the worst units. but i still think the buyer quite lucky

Quote Originally Posted by dragonkee View Post
    First floor 1 bedder.

No wonder. Pes + air space. One and Only such unit in the entire project. Developer lelong those hard to clear units