Page 1 of 240 1234561116212631 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Default Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Another project coming up in the East. Wonder what will be the response.
    Any views?

Here's the 2 bedroom and 2+study floor plans, private booking starts today for those not needing to view showflat.

The rest of the floor plans are here. Seems like they sold more than a hundred units today alone.

http://www.orangetee.com/Visitor_Lou...loor_Plans.asp

What's the range of $psf?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    What's the range of $psf?
    Last I heard was above 930-945 for stack 14 high floors. More than a hundred units sold since yesterday. Looks like all the good ones are going first. Wonder if can sneak into showflat later

thoughts on waterview, anyone? the showflat seemed good. nice squarish layout but i think the second balcony at the back of the kitchen/yard area is too huge. in fact the living room balcony is alittle big too, kind of eats into the space for the living room. but overally good layout and good-sized rooms as compared to other developments.

and does anyone have any thoughts on the potential capital appreciation? the tropica seems to be hovering around $700s to 750s. and my impression is that the psf doesn't seem to have moved upwards much over the last 1-2 years
    Last edited by Emma; 18-11-10 at 09:13.

went to look see ytd
    mass mkt upgrader project that looks like one and priced attractively, all units available developer did not hold back any
    efficient layouts, interesting back "balcony" or drying ledge to dry laundry
    no lap pool but big round resort pool instead

more for own stay, no mrt though ~

is this weekend the public launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    is this weekend the public launch?
    I heard the public launch is This Friday but you should be able to visit it from today onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Denlim
    I heard the public launch is This Friday but you should be able to visit it from today onwards...
    Thanks! i went to the show flat yesterday and was told that prices usually will go upwards when it's publicly launched. and am not sure if i should give my cheque before the public launch to take advantage of the discounts (given supposedly to encourage early bookings) or wait to see the public response after the public launch (and I do appreciate that if the response is good, prices might be adjusted upwards and upside is likely going to be low for me but I am a relatively conservative investor).

but the location is not really that convenient right?

Yup. They will always say that the price will go up during public launch (tomorrow). So the price at the preview is cheaper.

This place is not near any future MRT. Agent said can walk 15 mins but I doubt it. The future MRT is about 3 bus stops away.

With a car, this condo has quite good connectivity. You can go to PIE via Tampines Ave 1.

Or you can start at the beginning of the "outer ring road" and travel to the north and west pretty smoothly in a short time. I took about 20 minutes to travel to Dunearn Road from Waterview using the outer ring road.

Or you can use TPE at the end of Tampines Ave 10.

Plus it is near a future university.

However, computing by public transport is a pain though. (buses there are 69, 8, 15, 23)

Thanks! i went to the show flat yesterday and was told that prices usually will go upwards when it's publicly launched. and am not sure if i should give my cheque before the public launch to take advantage of the discounts (given supposedly to encourage early bookings) or wait to see the public response after the public launch (and I do appreciate that if the response is good, prices might be adjusted upwards and upside is likely going to be low for me but I am a relatively conservative investor).

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    Yup. They will always say that the price will go up during public launch (tomorrow). So the price at the preview is cheaper.

This place is not near any future MRT. Agent said can walk 15 mins but I doubt it. The future MRT is about 3 bus stops away.

With a car, this condo has quite good connectivity. You can go to PIE via Tampines Ave 1.

Or you can start at the beginning of the "outer ring road" and travel to the north and west pretty smoothly in a short time. I took about 20 minutes to travel to Dunearn Road from Waterview using the outer ring road.

Or you can use TPE at the end of Tampines Ave 10.

Plus it is near a future university.

However, computing by public transport is a pain though. (buses there are 69, 8, 15, 23)
    but given temasek poly is there, the transport shouldn't be that much of a pain right? i mean schools should always be accessible?

Hi Emma, what much discount is offered? I'm asking cos I'm planning to take a look but not today unless I take urgent leave. ThanksQ

Quote Originally Posted by condolisa
    Hi Emma, what much discount is offered? I'm asking cos I'm planning to take a look but not today unless I take urgent leave. ThanksQ
    they didn't specify. they just said the prices quoted are the discounted prices already. so i don't know the extent of the discount. they said usually the prices will be adjusted upwards during public launch.

they didn't specify. they just said the prices quoted are the discounted prices already. so i don't know the extent of the discount. they said usually the prices will be adjusted upwards during public launch.
    That was what I was told as well and given the quoted price, it is probably a good idea to present the cheque now if you are comfortable as all the choice units are running out fast.... if they are still available by now.

from last friday's straits times,

"Sim Lian Group is due to launch its VIP preview of the 696-unit Waterview along Tampines Avenue 10 on Tuesday (2 days ago), with the main launch next Friday.

The project is expected to sell at between $850 and $950 psf, with apartment sizes ranging from two-bedroom units of 786 sq ft to penthouses of 4,768 sq ft.

The 99-year leasehold project comprising 12 blocks of 15 storeys will have 56 four-bedroom apartments and 24 penthouses. The rest are two- and three-bedroom units, with half of them coming with an attached study."

so prices at around 900psf could be a good deal?

Thank you all for sharing! Will see if can sneak out later.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    from last friday's straits times,

"Sim Lian Group is due to launch its VIP preview of the 696-unit Waterview along Tampines Avenue 10 on Tuesday (2 days ago), with the main launch next Friday.

The project is expected to sell at between $850 and $950 psf, with apartment sizes ranging from two-bedroom units of 786 sq ft to penthouses of 4,768 sq ft.

The 99-year leasehold project comprising 12 blocks of 15 storeys will have 56 four-bedroom apartments and 24 penthouses. The rest are two- and three-bedroom units, with half of them coming with an attached study."

so prices at around 900psf could be a good deal?
    is $900psf a good deal as compared to what you can get elsewhere e.g. tanah merah, d15 etc or good deal relative to potential cap appreciation in the future. if the latter, the tropica is still at $750 below for quite a long time. I am only basing my benchmark on tropica as that seems to be closet comparison. any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by condolisa
    Thank you all for sharing! Will see if can sneak out later.
    The showroom will open till 9pm today and will appreciate your views after looking at it...

sorry, the east is the area i m least familiar with so can't comment. there are too many possible permutations. D15, if u want to compare with similar or close quantum, it would be those boutique projects with small units and limited facilities, albeit freehold. for self stay, i think this is better than those boutique projects.

is $900psf a good deal as compared to what you can get elsewhere e.g. tanah merah, d15 etc or good deal relative to potential cap appreciation in the future. if the latter, the tropica is still at $750 below for quite a long time. I am only basing my benchmark on tropica as that seems to be closet comparison. any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    sorry, the east is the area i m least familiar with so can't comment. there are too many possible permutations. D15, if u want to compare with similar or close quantum, it would be those boutique projects with small units and limited facilities, albeit freehold. for self stay, i think this is better than those boutique projects.
    yeah for own stay, it's definitely better than the small developments in D15. I always feel it's better to go for big developments. but for investments, i have reservations about this developmen.

Accompanied a friend to take a look at the showflat yesterday. Was quite impressed with the layout. The use of space was quite efficient and the ceiling was exceptional high at 3 metres in the living rm and 2.8m the rest. The back balcony is a bit of a mystery though. Some will probably hate it and some will just love it. There is a maid's room (though labelled as HS) in the brochure. It's just an ordinary room and not the hardened shell of a bomb shelter. I understand there is no longer any legal reqmt for this.
    The passageway from living room to bedrooms is quite generous and the bathrooms are comfortably sized.
    I was quite taken in by the 4 bedroom unit esp the MBR with large windows on 2 sides of the room. Unfortunately the agent told us most have been taken up with just low floors remaining.
    But as the ground flr unit is built 4.5 metres above ground, the 4th flr may just give a green+water view of the reservoir. Still considering

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw
    Accompanied a friend to take a look at the showflat yesterday. Was quite impressed with the layout. The use of space was quite efficient and the ceiling was exceptional high at 3 metres in the living rm and 2.8m the rest. The back balcony is a bit of a mystery though. Some will probably hate it and some will just love it. There is a maid's room (though labelled as HS) in the brochure. It's just an ordinary room and not the hardened shell of a bomb shelter. I understand there is no longer any legal reqmt for this.
    The passageway from living room to bedrooms is quite generous and the bathrooms are comfortably sized.
    I was quite taken in by the 4 bedroom unit esp the MBR with large windows on 2 sides of the room. Unfortunately the agent told us most have been taken up with just low floors remaining.
    But as the ground flr unit is built 4.5 metres above ground, the 4th flr may just give a green+water view of the reservoir. Still considering
    I do agree with your comments and still wondering what to do with the back balcony... Any suggestions?

I do agree with your comments and still wondering what to do with the back balcony... Any suggestions?
    maybe use like a backyard to put bicycle, tricycle, swimming gear etc? or dining area ? you can dry clothes there too. and the thing is the back balcony is linked to the master bedroom directly (and also the second bathroom?), so when you are cooking might need to remember to close the sliding door so that the smell won't go into the room.

maybe use like a backyard to put bicycle, tricycle, swimming gear etc? or dining area ? you can dry clothes there too. and the thing is the back balcony is linked to the master bedroom directly (and also the second bathroom?), so when you are cooking might need to remember to close the sliding door so that the smell won't go into the room.
    Thanks and just wondering if we are allowed to install blinds in the balcony to prevent the rain from splashing in... Will be great if this is possible so that mroe can be done in this area.

this design is a signature design by sim lian. many of their developments are designed like this, regardless of whether located in D11 or mass market. nice rectangular bedrooms/living room, the back balcony and double access to back balcony through bedrooms (albeit this is the first time i have seen it through MBR). functional and efficient.

For the 3 bedder (type C2), I understand fr the agent you can ask for the door from the MBR to the yard be sealed (ie a wall instead of a door). I personally wld seal it as it seems awkward for a MBR to lead to the yard esp if you plan to use it as a drying area. The reverse is not true ie you cannot seal the door from the kitchen to the yard as your washing machine will be placed here. Otherwise, it will make a comfortable private yard for the MBR

Thanks and just wondering if we are allowed to install blinds in the balcony to prevent the rain from splashing in... Will be great if this is possible so that mroe can be done in this area.
    should be ok. cos at the showflat i think there were blinds as well. or it could be very a stroke of architecture genius that rain will not splash in no matter what (like the 2 bedder one amber units).

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw
    For the 3 bedder (type C2), I understand fr the agent you can ask for the door from the MBR to the yard be sealed (ie a wall instead of a door). I personally wld seal it as it seems awkward for a MBR to lead to the yard esp if you plan to use it as a drying area. The reverse is not true ie you cannot seal the door from the kitchen to the yard as your washing machine will be placed here. Otherwise, it will make a comfortable private yard for the MBR
    oh clever... comfortable private yard for MBR i like.

I'm quite sure blinds can be installed but I suppose it must conform to standard designs determined by the developer/by-laws.