CONDOsingapore.com - Singapore Condo Property Forum | Discussion | Reviews | Pictures | New Launches | Construction Updates  

Go Back   CONDOsingapore.com - Singapore Condo Property Forum | Discussion | Reviews | Pictures | New Launches | Construction Updates > Condominiums of Singapore > East Coast > District 15
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

District 15 District 15: Tanjong Rhu, East Coast, Marine Parade, Katong, Siglap
New 6 digit postal code in District 15 : 42****, 43****, 44****, 45****

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #331  
Old 27th August 2010
pod pod is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 274
Default

Juz had coffee today with my old friend. Out of the blue he said he wans to buy a ppty now at bedok reservoir.

I ask him why?

He said "aiya, in afew years time MRT will be build there lo..."



I tink everyone loves the music from rails...
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 27th August 2010
proud owner proud owner is offline
Senior
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod
Juz had coffee today with my old friend. Out of the blue he said he wans to buy a ppty now at bedok reservoir.

I ask him why?

He said "aiya, in afew years time MRT will be build there lo..."



I tink everyone loves the music from rails...
its good that the MRT serves more and more area...

long long ago .. everyone wants to be near Bus interchange ..
and when there was a feeder bus outside your block .. your block is considered Prime ..

now we take a leap .. MRT circle line will boost the condos ..just like how the feeder bus route boosted the hdb those days ...
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 27th August 2010
pod pod is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud owner
its good that the MRT serves more and more area...

long long ago .. everyone wants to be near Bus interchange ..
and when there was a feeder bus outside your block .. your block is considered Prime ..

now we take a leap .. MRT circle line will boost the condos ..just like how the feeder bus route boosted the hdb those days ...
Agree with u.

End of the day, this reflects the general response from people looking for ideal residential ppties.

A good connected estate will generally benefits the residents.

I hate those days when I was young (schooling) when i have to take a bus to reach the mrt. And then take another bus to reach school@#?!@ very very tiring

For now, an uncle like me will hope to stay in an estate that is well served with public transport. (WORLD CLASS )
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 27th August 2010
gfoo gfoo is offline
Junior
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,412
Default

I don't get it. Why pay some $150-200k more today to wait for mass public transport that will be ready in 5 years, and put up with incessant noise, dust, and jams for 3 odd years, and after to get packed like sardines smelling foreign armpits? Might as well take taxi every day cheaper and more comfy, or buy a car.

Again, to me the only advantage of an mrt station is not the mrt itself, but rather IF a substantial commercial/shopping hub is built along side it. Not all mrt stations have the propensity to accomodate commercial tho

I'm an amateur property newbie so perhaps somebody can enlighten me about this 'MRT' effect?

Last edited by gfoo : 27th August 2010 at 11:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 28th August 2010
Wolverine23 Wolverine23 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 191
Default

Some say East coast might eventually be the only place without MRT and others think there will definitely be one.

Conclusion:

Win-Win situation

1) No MRT: East coast will be the most "Unique" estate and this creates (or retains) enough charm for prices to appreciate and become an upmarket area.

2) With MRT: there will be enough home buyers / investors to push prices further up!


Regarding the debate on whether it is foolish to buy property based on speculation of the MRT lines, I think everyone has their own views and I guess its really the rude and irritating remarks of some forumer (you know who you are) that make people want to whack you!

In any case, buying 1 or more properties nowadays is not big deal and some people are just buying for fun and can afford to even lose it all....
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 28th August 2010
teddybear's Avatar
teddybear teddybear is online now
The BULL is coming!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,038
Default

I also don't get it. Seems like some one-sided wishful thinking?
Near MRT station but in some lousy location also useless?
Near MRT station and in some good location but not near any shopping malls also not as desirable as those + near shopping malls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfoo
I don't get it. Why pay some $150-200k more today to wait for mass public transport that will be ready in 5 years, and put up with incessant noise, dust, and jams for 3 odd years, and after to get packed like sardines smelling foreign armpits? Might as well take taxi every day cheaper and more comfy, or buy a car.

Again, to me the only advantage of an mrt station is not the mrt itself, but rather IF a substantial commercial/shopping hub is built along side it. Not all mrt stations have the propensity to accomodate commercial tho

I'm an amateur property newbie so perhaps somebody can enlighten me about this 'MRT' effect?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 2006-2014, CONDOsingapore.com, unless otherwise stated.