PDA

View Full Version : Sentosa Cove Living

gfoo
18-10-10, 13:38
Hey folks, anyone currently staying at Sentosa Cove presently can comment about the pros & cons about living there? Thanks in advance!

august
18-10-10, 23:10
i also want to know ~ :o

proud owner
18-10-10, 23:24
i also want to know ~ :o

so far no one replied ...

strange ...

devilplate
18-10-10, 23:27
no UHNW here:p

last time, ppty_owner says he decide to move back to Katong....sentosa cove no 'feel' for him:D

Wild Falcon
18-10-10, 23:46
I don't stay Sentosa Cove but I have some folks who have a place there but even they have moved out already. Overall, superb sea view but lack soul. Depends on what you're looking for. You can always rent a condo there for a year to see whether u like the place - u can get a decent unit at $7-8k per month (I mean condo not bungalow) to try out. As a Singaporean from a middle class family, I think I will feel out of place :) Too atas liao - I need my comfort food like roti prata and kaya toast nearby.

My verdict - lack soul - if you understand what that means.

proud owner
18-10-10, 23:55
I don't stay Sentosa Cove but I have some folks who have a place there but even they have moved out already. Overall, superb sea view but lack soul. Depends on what you're looking for. You can always rent a condo there for a year to see whether u like the place - u can get a decent unit at $7-8k per month (I mean condo not bungalow) to try out. As a Singaporean from a middle class family, I think I will feel out of place :) Too atas liao - I need my comfort food like roti prata and kaya toast nearby.

my friend used to rent a unit at the condo ... moved out after 1 yr ..

said no convenient .. although he drives .. and that alot of times ..visitors had to pay to drive into sentosa ..even to visit him ..

devilplate
18-10-10, 23:55

similar tots...

IF i ever make millions, i dun mind parking a few mil as a holiday home:ashamed1:

mantrix
19-10-10, 03:52
similar tots...

IF i ever make millions, i dun mind parking a few mil as a holiday home:ashamed1:

i thought you are already a millionaire with your multiple properties? :)

Geylang OKT
19-10-10, 06:53
I am already a billionaire many times over :cool: :cool: :cool:

in rupiah currency :D :D :D

gfoo
19-10-10, 10:01
thanks guys! yeah, WF is right maybe i should rent short term and try it out first before committing. it's like a complete opposite to where we are staying now - very tranquil, a bit too tranquil. perhaps am wowed by it first blush becoz of the stark contrast.

I'm a bit of a private person so people visiting is not a worry to me. honestly, i tell my mates if you don't wanna pay $4.20/hr parking (currently) or in future $7 entry to sentosa, then dun come. my frenship worth more lol :)

There's a half hour shuttle bus out to vivo daily so that will solve sending my maid for errands and night snack. Currently wait for 30mins for her to tahpow prata from lau pa sat. So in future wait 1 hr?

anyways not thinking straight now - in self-rationalizing mood. allowing myself a cooling down period before revisiting this :)

august
19-10-10, 10:52
thanks guys! yeah, WF is right maybe i should rent short term and try it out first before committing. it's like a complete opposite to where we are staying now - very tranquil, a bit too tranquil. perhaps am wowed by it first blush becoz of the stark contrast.

I'm a bit of a private person so people visiting is not a worry to me. honestly, i tell my mates if you don't wanna pay $4.20/hr parking (currently) or in future $7 entry to sentosa, then dun come. my frenship worth more lol :)

There's a half hour shuttle bus out to vivo daily so that will solve sending my maid for errands and night snack. Currently wait for 30mins for her to tahpow prata from lau pa sat. So in future wait 1 hr?

anyways not thinking straight now - in self-rationalizing mood. allowing myself a cooling down period before revisiting this :)

ur maid will probably enjoy sentosa cove more then u ~~ :D

gfoo
19-10-10, 11:25
I've been looking for the past coupla months at bt timah property on the precept of being 1km to good girls schools, so been going for a number of viewings there. but nothing gives me the wow factor - agents quote ridiculously stupid prices for things like 'close to MRT'; 'landed view'; minutes to orchard; minutes to marina bay; can see IR; can see fireworks. feel like slapping them 2 times.

I say to agents: don't waste my time, if the unit does not have the 'wow' factor don't bring me and see. Then they bring me to the best, highest PSF units which honestly, to me suck big time - too many compromises

So nevermind, i think to myself: let's downgrade to the suburbs etc; throw in 200k or so for renovation; build a nice comfy place and save some money. Then i see racial enclaves in some condos; funny people hanging funny things on balconies; undesirables lurking around; or worse.

So i turn to landed. you see in papers $500psf, $600psf! Bullshit, they charge $1200-1300psf for land area.

so now back to square one. i'm not rich like others here, nor do i 'invest' in property. i just buy to live in one

stalingrad
19-10-10, 11:28
ur maid will probably enjoy sentosa cove more then u ~~ :D
can I be your maid, gfoo? I will come back real quick with your roti prata. Just let me sleep in the bedroom with the ocean view (or rusty tanker view). but you better provide me with a free supply of mozzy sprays. I understand mozzies can be a problem on the island.

On a serious note, we just came back from a one-night stay at festive hotel. I have only one thing to say about sentosa: too commercialized. I actually liked the island better 10 years ago. I would never want to live there now.

gfoo
19-10-10, 11:32
can I be your maid, gfoo? I will come back real quick with your roti prata. Just let me sleep in the bedroom with the ocean view (or rusty tanker view). but you better provide me with a free supply of mozzy sprays. I understand mozzies can be a problem on the island.

mozzies? now THAT will be a major issue for me no matter how wonderful the view is.

devilplate
19-10-10, 11:37
mozzies? now THAT will be a major issue for me no matter how wonderful the view is.

install 'invisible netting'

http://www.magneticscreen.com.sg/productsindex.asp

ALL low flr/landed (below 20th flr will have mozzies problems one lah)

stalingrad
19-10-10, 11:51

ALL low flr/landed (below 20th flr will have mozzies problems one lah)]

No, I think 5th floor is the lowest you can live with no mozzy problems.

devilplate
19-10-10, 11:52
]

No, I think 5th floor is the lowest you can live with no mozzy problems.

i kena mozzies attack when i was visiting a fren who stays at 18th flr....apparently, only me kena bite the most:( :doh:

this type of netting quite gd....it can prevent any other unwanted 'guests' into ur hse as well like cockroach, lizards etc etc

Wild Falcon
19-10-10, 12:15
If I'm not wrong, such short-term accomodation arrangements can be made and is quite common at these Sentosa Cove condos. Many people actually rent for a year or less to "try-out" or "recharge" just like yourself. The view is really breathtaking - the beach is so close - and it feels 100x nicer than those East Coast condos separated by the ECP. it's like a vacation every day :) Life is short - so just do it if you really lemming for it.

devilplate
19-10-10, 12:20
If I'm not wrong, such short-term accomodation arrangements can be made and is quite common at these Sentosa Cove condos. Many people actually rent for a year or less to "try-out" or "recharge" just like yourself. The view is really breathtaking - the beach is so close - and it feels 100x nicer than those East Coast condos separated by the ECP. it's like a vacation every day :) Life is short - so just do it if you really lemming for it.

u r also making me salivate:o

august
19-10-10, 12:33

is true, very nice :ashamed1:

teddybear
19-10-10, 13:18
Which place are you referring to? I had lived between 15th-20th floor and never ever seen a mosquito or housefly in my house (of course, without those mozzie screen as they will block the wind and make the rooms real warm and stale!). (15th-20th is my preferred floor level). :D

ALL low flr/landed (below 20th flr will have mozzies problems one lah)

teddybear
19-10-10, 13:23
Usually if you find mozzie on 18th floor, these must be self/neighbours breeded. Mozzies can't/won't fly so high unless it takes the lift. :scared-3:

i kena mozzies attack when i was visiting a fren who stays at 18th flr....apparently, only me kena bite the most:( :doh:

this type of netting quite gd....it can prevent any other unwanted 'guests' into ur hse as well like cockroach, lizards etc etc

Wild Falcon
19-10-10, 14:02
Nowadays whole family spend like $30k on a short 7 days vacation. Surely $8k rental for the family at Sentosa Cove for 180 days, i.e. half a year ($48k) gives one better bang for buck right?

stalingrad
19-10-10, 15:55

what to salivate at? wherever you go on the island, there is a throng of tourists. they talk loud and they bring with them whatever habits they developed in their own countries.

seaview? no, more like rusty tanker view. can you even swim in that water? must be infested with all kinds of heavy metals and bacteria.

so the bottom line, what to salivate at? or what to pay $3000psf for?

devilplate
19-10-10, 15:57
what to salivate at? wherever you go on the island, there is a throng of tourists. they talk loud and they bring with them whatever habits they developed in their own countries.

seaview? no, more like rusty tanker view. can you even swim in that water? must be infested with all kinds of heavy metals and bacteria.

u immediately killed my beautiful imagination...haha

stalingrad
19-10-10, 16:05
u immediately killed my beautiful imagination...haha
Singapore is a good country to live in. but its attraction lies in law and order, not in natural beauty. If you want to live in a breath taking natural environment, you should live in Vancouver or Geneva, not Singapore.

My wife and I and the kids trekked all over Sentosa. wherever you go, you see rusty tankers looming on the horizon, and oil slicks on the surface of the sea. you pay $35 million (to buy a bungalow) to see that or swim in that? Not me. We actually swam in the hotel pool, which is much cleaner than the sea near shores.

I am not denigrating Singapore. I am just saying that it doesn't make a lot of sense to live in Sentosa, especially if it costs an arm and leg to live there.

devilplate
19-10-10, 16:10
Singapore is a good country to live in. but its attraction lies in law and order, not in natural beauty. If you want to live in a breath taking natural environment, you should live in Vancouver or Geneva, not Singapore.

My wife and I and the kids trekked all over Sentosa. wherever you go, you see rusty tankers looming on the horizon, and oil slicks on the surface of the sea. you pay $35 million (to buy a bungalow) to see that or swim in that? Not me.

I am not denigrating Singapore. I am just saying that it doesn't make a lot of sense to live in Sentosa, especially it costs an arm and leg.

hmmm ok...van/gen too far for me wor...duno how to imagine

Batam/Penang also better and much cheaper rite?:D

Aussie swan river also very nice:D

gfoo
19-10-10, 16:11
methinks sentosa cove practices car-ism. go via visitor gantry, just nod head let me thru. agent drove a 1 series was stopped and had to get the owner to buzz the guard to let him thru.

devilplate
19-10-10, 16:12
methinks sentosa cove practices car-ism. go via visitor gantry, just nod head let me thru. agent drove a 1 series was stopped and had to get the owner to buzz the guard to let him thru.

wah lau....my lousy car better dun enter den...:scared-3: :o

stalingrad
19-10-10, 16:13

what do yo drive?

gfoo
19-10-10, 16:14
so assume that a 3-4 bedder, at avg $2500psf, for self stay: which area/development would you go for?

stalingrad
19-10-10, 16:18
I would live near botanic garden, especially the section of bukit timah close to NUS law school. that place beats sentosa hands down. just walking in botanic garden gives me a sense of euphoria. chinese tourists don't go there, because they like something more glamorous.

gfoo
19-10-10, 16:39
Ya, The Botanic also quite nice.

zzz1
19-10-10, 17:48
I would live near botanic garden, especially the section of bukit timah close to NUS law school. that place beats sentosa hands down. just walking in botanic garden gives me a sense of euphoria. chinese tourists don't go there, because they like something more glamorous.

I remembered that Botanic Garden used to house the gardeners in the olden days.
Living there and working there is two world a part…

Given a choice, I would prefer to stay in some old kampong house. My kids don’t even know what is kampong house…

august
19-10-10, 19:10

tourists dun access sentosa cove unless they r having property tours for foreigners?

u want swim go swim in condo pool or one15 marina lor, dun tell me u will also go swim at east coast or changi beach? :confused:

august
19-10-10, 19:11
so assume that a 3-4 bedder, at avg $2500psf, for self stay: which area/development would you go for?
reflections at keppel :ashamed1:

Wild Falcon
19-10-10, 19:35
But Botanic Gardens also a lot of Filipino maids and foreign workers picnicking every weekend wor! Every place has its pros and cons. If you want "wow" factor. I think must go secluded landed bungalow oredi - becos no matter what, a pigeon hole in the sky with standard "designer" furniture that we see in showflats will not "wow" anyone anymore.

Ya, The Botanic also quite nice.

Wild Falcon
19-10-10, 19:49
Chng until very beng with lots of blinding LED blink blink sometimes also works :) Anyway 99% of security at condos are like that. If you drive one of those non-descript SUVs, MPVs or hatchbacks/sedans, 100% confirm will stop you and ask lots of silly questions. And if you drive a performance sports car, they will chat with you and tell u your car "very nice" and just let you in with a big smile. I guess their job involves looking at cars all the time, so when a beauty comes along, it brightens up their day. There was this time my friend in a popular continental sedan visited another friend in a Newton condo. She was told off in a rude manner by the guard to park specifically in a parking lot very far away from the actual unit. But when I came just behind her in a fairly entry-level sports car coupe (not even the high-end type), the same guard told me "u can park anywhere even at the resident lot right beside the lobby." Well, double standards.

wah lau....my lousy car better dun enter den...:scared-3: :o

stalingrad
19-10-10, 20:20
But Botanic Gardens also a lot of Filipino maids and foreign workers picnicking every weekend wor! Every place has its pros and cons. If you want "wow" factor. I think must go secluded landed bungalow oredi - becos no matter what, a pigeon hole in the sky with standard "designer" furniture that we see in showflats will not "wow" anyone anymore.

I seldom see those at the norther part of botanic garden. generally, these menial workers won't find the tranquil environment of the garden enjoyable. :p

gfoo
19-10-10, 21:04
mine is a 2 tonner sedan - i would say sporty-ish at 5secs

Anyways thanks all for e advice and keep em comin' !

proud owner
19-10-10, 21:32

5 years ago ... why i was 'viewing' some of the bungalows there .. i noticed the ugly keppel shipyard view ...

i knew then .. Keppel area will be redeveloped ... just dont know how long it would take ...

you cant sell high end , high class island living when you only have nice view Forward and cannot look behind the house right ?

stalingrad
20-10-10, 10:36
5 years ago ... why i was 'viewing' some of the bungalows there .. i noticed the ugly keppel shipyard view ...

i knew then .. Keppel area will be redeveloped ... just dont know how long it would take ...

you cant sell high end , high class island living when you only have nice view Forward and cannot look behind the house right ?
Precisely, from my home in Vancouver, we take in the entire sea, with seagulls darting about and orcas frolicking in the high sea. You may see a few white yachts passing by, but no large ships, especially not the ugly rusty oil tankers you see everywhere off the southern coast of Singapore.

If the government want to promote Sentosa living, the first thing they need to do is to get rid of all the ugly things on the high sea. but I doubt they can do it.

even the view off east coast park is nothing to brag about. again, a flotilla of rusty ship either stationary or slowly passing by. what a view!!!

stalingrad
20-10-10, 11:00
Here is a view expressed by a sentosa cove resident (on propertyguru).

Dysfunctional Cove & Condo Management
Posted on Sep 6, 2010 by Martha Stewart
We moved in recently, thinking that paying a premium rental rate to avoid the developing madness in our former residence. Plenty of surprises. Most of it unpleasant.

The Oceanfront condo management team exhibits the deadly combination traits of laziness, smugness, and chronic unavailability.

As if that is not bad enough, the Sentosa Cove management treat the existing premium residents with the dismissive attitude of third world refugee:

As everyone knows Sentosa cove has no sufficient local amenities and the nearest is Vivocity. Just don't believe it when the agent/ landlord tells you a bus arrives every "10 to 15 minutes" and "take you straight to Vivo". No such thing. The cramp and tiny Bus arrives every 30 minutes, PACKED WITH MAIDS and SWEATY WORKERS. And miraculously the bus now IGNORES OCEANFRONT CONDO and expects The Oceanfront condo residents to walk - rain or scorching tropical noon sunshine - to and from the next condo The Coast waiting point. The the local bus will drop the refugees at the arrival plaza where the united nation crowd wait for another connecting bus - packed with even more smelly South Cove construction workers - to finally head for Vivo.

The island has no playground for children or basic sports facilities for teens. Nevermind family-friendly badminton courts, not even half a basketball court, nor tennis table!

To show off their prowess and disdain for their paymasters, the Sentosa Cove management jolted some Oceanfront unit housewives and children and retirees with deafening berth front piling louder than any earthquake events a few days a week. No written warning to Oceanfront management, no warning notice on the half-dead "Sentosa Resident" web page.

And we honestly thought we have finally moved away from city management madness to a saner, quieter neighborhood with a high price tag.

Welcome to the chaotic third world enclave of Sentosa Cove, with first world advertising and maintenance

devilplate
20-10-10, 11:06
so far, only bayview (20-30 storey at TS) and rainforest view(high flr at raintree) WOW me

concourse view also not too bad (at the showflat sales office)

august
20-10-10, 11:52
Here is a view expressed by a sentosa cove resident (on propertyguru).

Dysfunctional Cove & Condo Management
Posted on Sep 6, 2010 by Martha Stewart
We moved in recently, thinking that paying a premium rental rate to avoid the developing madness in our former residence. Plenty of surprises. Most of it unpleasant.

The Oceanfront condo management team exhibits the deadly combination traits of laziness, smugness, and chronic unavailability.

As if that is not bad enough, the Sentosa Cove management treat the existing premium residents with the dismissive attitude of third world refugee:

As everyone knows Sentosa cove has no sufficient local amenities and the nearest is Vivocity. Just don't believe it when the agent/ landlord tells you a bus arrives every "10 to 15 minutes" and "take you straight to Vivo". No such thing. The cramp and tiny Bus arrives every 30 minutes, PACKED WITH MAIDS and SWEATY WORKERS. And miraculously the bus now IGNORES OCEANFRONT CONDO and expects The Oceanfront condo residents to walk - rain or scorching tropical noon sunshine - to and from the next condo The Coast waiting point. The the local bus will drop the refugees at the arrival plaza where the united nation crowd wait for another connecting bus - packed with even more smelly South Cove construction workers - to finally head for Vivo.

The island has no playground for children or basic sports facilities for teens. Nevermind family-friendly badminton courts, not even half a basketball court, nor tennis table!

To show off their prowess and disdain for their paymasters, the Sentosa Cove management jolted some Oceanfront unit housewives and children and retirees with deafening berth front piling louder than any earthquake events a few days a week. No written warning to Oceanfront management, no warning notice on the half-dead "Sentosa Resident" web page.

And we honestly thought we have finally moved away from city management madness to a saner, quieter neighborhood with a high price tag.

Welcome to the chaotic third world enclave of Sentosa Cove, with first world advertising and maintenance

wan to play badminton? buy minton lor
table tennis? err... hmm... lol

i think she better stay next to MRT mass mkt condo or HDB better, they have the best amenities!

mantrix
20-10-10, 12:11
Just dun stay in that condo loh...

devilplate
20-10-10, 12:17

i think she better stay next to MRT mass mkt condo or HDB better, they have the best amenities!

stay HDB next to CC lah....got table tennis, badminton etc etc....hrly booking so cheap only....got plenty of buses....food etc

crappy comment from tat guy actually....those who stay in sentosa surely call taxis or drive...whr got take bus one:p

august
20-10-10, 12:20
stay HDB next to CC lah....got table tennis, badminton etc etc....hrly booking so cheap only....got plenty of buses....food etc

crappy comment from tat guy actually....those who stay in sentosa surely call taxis or drive...whr got take bus one:p

think sure got take lah, but the few times i saw are pinoy maids taking the buses

august
20-10-10, 12:27
Precisely, from my home in Vancouver, we take in the entire sea, with seagulls darting about and orcas frolicking in the high sea. You may see a few white yachts passing by, but no large ships, especially not the ugly rusty oil tankers you see everywhere off the southern coast of Singapore.

If the government want to promote Sentosa living, the first thing they need to do is to get rid of all the ugly things on the high sea. but I doubt they can do it.

even the view off east coast park is nothing to brag about. again, a flotilla of rusty ship either stationary or slowly passing by. what a view!!!

not to sound like i'm defending sentosa cove cos i am not vested, the fact is this, sentosa cove is already a success and it will only get better ~

the other fact is even within the same project no two properties are the same, so to compare diff locales at other side of the world is a bit pointless lah. want to compare also must be within Sg or nearer around the region mah...

mantrix
20-10-10, 12:45
think sure got take lah, but the few times i saw are pinoy maids taking the buses

Pinoy is the term used to describe Filipino males...

Girls are called filipinas...

stalingrad
20-10-10, 17:45
these sentosa cove condos are terrible buys. Ask prices are hovering about $2200psf, but average rent per month is only 4.20psf, translating into a rental yield of 2.2%. what a horrendous deal!!!

let's say a normal rental yield is 4% (for 99 leasehold), then price should drop to $1200 to $1300psf from the current range of 2000-2200psf.

what say that sentosa cove is a success?

Wild Falcon
20-10-10, 19:37
One thing is for sure - cannot assume expensive condos means good neighbours and characters. Sometimes the more "successful" a person is, the more snobbish, unreasonable, demanding and selfish he becomes. Sentosa in all its glitters is also not lack of drama, unnatural deaths in the swimming pools or beach is quite common right - just not too long ago a China prostitute died in one of those swanky bungalow? In fact, sometimes u don't know where all these "wealthy" foreigners come from or their background.

proud owner
20-10-10, 20:59

i guess the writer(tenant) was not impressed by what the condo / agent / landlord promised ..

he probably paid pretty high rent, expecting good environment, services, transport etc ..

i guess it will take some time for all these to be tied in ..
theres still construction going on ... and i can only say .. his timing was wrong ..

maybe if he comes back in another yr or 2 ... it will be better ..

as for rent .. it really sucks .. only one or 2 managed to get a decent return ...

then again ... buyers there are 'parking' money ... dont think the going for yield ..

as such ... services cannot be good from the management, both of the condo and of sentosa .. for time being

valkri
22-10-10, 11:02
these sentosa cove condos are terrible buys. Ask prices are hovering about $2200psf, but average rent per month is only 4.20psf, translating into a rental yield of 2.2%. what a horrendous deal!!!

let's say a normal rental yield is 4% (for 99 leasehold), then price should drop to $1200 to $1300psf from the current range of 2000-2200psf.

I know one case where the rental was 3.2psf!
Sentosa mkt has its own ecology, separate from the rest of Singapore. Better keep out if one is not of that ecosystem....

teddybear
22-10-10, 15:12
Ok I got it. Don't buy the most expensive condos (those >$4000 psf &/or total >$10m). But also don't buy those cheap-skate condos (<$1500 psf) unless the person is ok with "flags" hanging all over the place in the balconies, people wearing shorts and shirts / sarongs dipping into the swimming pools, urinating in there, digging nose in there, adults swearing other people's father and mother in the common area etc! :p

One thing is for sure - cannot assume expensive condos means good neighbours and characters. Sometimes the more "successful" a person is, the more snobbish, unreasonable, demanding and selfish he becomes. Sentosa in all its glitters is also not lack of drama, unnatural deaths in the swimming pools or beach is quite common right - just not too long ago a China prostitute died in one of those swanky bungalow? In fact, sometimes u don't know where all these "wealthy" foreigners come from or their background.

teddybear
22-10-10, 15:17
Many of the luxury & prime properties in Singapore are not about rental - Owners only care about potential long-term capital appreciation (better than puting money in the banks) or consumption. Higher rental yield is desirable (especially much higher than interest rate), but not a major consideration. :p
As you don't buy luxury and prime properties, so your concern and consideration are markly different. So the truth is, if a person buy OCR properties to invest, he/she better make sure rental yield is >5% otherwise don't buy (buy for own stay don't need to care about rental yield - but then OCR properties majorities buy for own stay, who care about the yield anyway?). :D

stalingrad
22-10-10, 16:16
I know one case where the rental was 3.2psf!
Sentosa mkt has its own ecology, separate from the rest of Singapore. Better keep out if one is not of that ecosystem....
wow, terrible. if people are willing to pay only $3.2 psf to rent a condo at Sentosa cove, it means sentosa cove is a terrible place to live in. so, where is the potential for capital gain, Teddybear?

your argument is faulty, I am afraid, Teddy. Rental yield indicates whether a certain condo is desirable or not. without a reasonable rental yield, a condo would be a bad buy, whether you stay in it or buy it to rent out.

teddybear
22-10-10, 20:55
Capital gain is in considering the long term, not short term (this unfortunately doesn't apply to Sentosa as all properties there are 99LH - I am in general referring to prime FH/999 properties). Just like when a company is paying a dividend of $0.05 but the share is trading at $5 now (1% div yield), does it mean the stock is not worth investing in? (same analogy to what you said, can only rent at $3.20 psf pm now relative to price of say $2000 psf now). Another thing, most Sentosa properties' buyers just buy to consume/burn, not for long-term. Obviously, there are those who bought intending to invest but end up renting out at $3.20 psf. :doh:

So if people are willing to pay only $2.50 psf to rent, that place is even worse place to live in? (most OCR properties can only rent at <=$2.50 psf). :p

wow, terrible. if people are willing to pay only $3.2 psf to rent a condo at Sentosa cove, it means sentosa cove is a terrible place to live in. so, where is the potential for capital gain, Teddybear?

your argument is faulty, I am afraid, Teddy. Rental yield indicates whether a certain condo is desirable or not. without a reasonable rental yield, a condo would be a bad buy, whether you stay in it or buy it to rent out.

buttercarp
15-01-12, 22:06
Views from the sea.

starrynight
01-06-13, 23:22
Had dinner today, and walked around some of the condos in Sentosa Cove.

Observations on the occupancy rates:

Coast: > 80%
Azure: > 80%
Oceanfront: 35%
Marina Collection: 20%
W Residences: 5%I still like Coast the most :)

hutsutau
23-11-13, 17:07
Had dinner today, and walked around some of the condos in Sentosa Cove.

Observations on the occupancy rates:

Coast: > 80%
Azure: > 80%
Oceanfront: 35%
Marina Collection: 20%
W Residences: 5%I still like Coast the most :)

the coast mostly big unit