PDA

View Full Version : The Lakefront Residences (D22, 99 years leasehold, Keppel Land)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

rattydrama
22-10-10, 16:44
Preliminary information as follows:

- Total of 629 units

- Leasehold - Targeted Launch Date: 12 November 2010

Unit Types

T.O.P Date: Approximate early 2nd Quarter 2015

(Currently we do not have site plan, floor plans, estimated pricing yet but we will provide more updates once we receive further information from developer)

rattydrama
22-10-10, 16:54
details of the unit mix

greenpasture
22-10-10, 21:19
who's the marketing agency for this project ?

rattydrama
22-10-10, 22:49
received the info from an agent of PropNex Realty Pte Ltd

Htfreak
23-10-10, 05:42
It will be interesting to see how much can Caspian owners profit from this...

Komo
23-10-10, 08:44
Floor area for 3 bedded around 1k sqft. Looks like unit size smaller than caspian.

peterng8
23-10-10, 11:53
details of the unit mix

price update:

studio 650K above for 500sft min
works out to be S$1300 psf

2 room 750 sft 800k above
woks out to be S$1000 psf qbove

3 rooms 1000sft 900k above
works out to be S$900 psf and above...

1200 sft at 1.05m and above

1400 sft at 1.4m and above

caspian an parc vista undervalue now...who bought caspian and parc vista when I first advocate..watch out for the good news...

rattydrama
23-10-10, 12:24
Is this a fair pricing now, referring to the 2 bedder. What is the exit cost for investor if buy and sub-sale later say in 3 months time? 15%?

price update:

caspian an parc vista undervalue now...who bought caspian and parc vista when I first advocate..watch out for the good news...

rattydrama
23-10-10, 13:07
caspian already responded by upping their prices today. source : ppty guru.

here is the site layout. very smart layout - away from MRT tracks.

peterng8
23-10-10, 13:14
Is this a fair pricing now, referring to the 2 bedder. What is the exit cost for investor if buy and sub-sale later say in 3 months time? 15%?

fair pricing or not is left to market force and its potential...

let leave it to keppel and its agency to market the project and make it a success which would be beneficial...
:2cents:

investment carries risk and how you minimise it that counts..:2cents:

rattydrama
23-10-10, 13:28
sorry but boring statement.

fair pricing or not is left to market force and its potential...

let leave it to keppel and its agency to market the project and make it a success which would be beneficial...

investment carries risk and how you minimise it that counts..:2cents:

Wild Falcon
23-10-10, 13:47
Unit size inspired by Scala.... but at least not MM lah.

price update:

peterng8
23-10-10, 15:12

sorry but boring question...

DC33_2008
23-10-10, 16:25
The layout has at least shield off the noise for two-thirds of the residents.
caspian already responded by upping their prices today. source : ppty guru.

here is the site layout. very smart layout - away from MRT tracks.

DC33_2008
23-10-10, 16:33
Drove passed scala just now. It should be quieter here compared to Caspian with a few international school and 3 mins walk to chuan mrt stn. The chuan park condo, a 20-year old LH condo is not bad with large common spaces around like laguna park. May have enbloc potential. Latest caveat is about $700psf.
Unit size inspired by Scala.... but at least not MM lah.

peterng8
24-10-10, 13:42
Drove passed scala just now. It should be quieter here compared to Caspian with a few international school and 3 mins walk to chuan mrt stn. The chuan park condo, a 20-year old LH condo is not bad with large common spaces around like laguna park. May have enbloc potential. Latest caveat is about $700psf.

still slightly more expensive than parc vista (although price has gone up)which has becomes the lowest price private condo near lakeside MRT (4 mins walk) and 2mins to Rulang primary and 6mins to international school to be ready next year, 5mins to wet market and hawker centre and one mrt station to Jurong point...

westman
25-10-10, 11:30
Beside PV & Caspian, potential buyer should also look out for Lakeholmz, price look rerasonable ($674PSF). Current price is about ~30% off from quoted price for Keppel's new project at Lakeside.

Lakeholmz may look unimpressive from the outside (my wife says the project looks like HDB Flat :banghead: from the outside), however, the beauty is hidden within with nice landscaping & layout . Importantly, all units have pool view with no back to back units like PV, Lakeshore or Caspian. Give it a try for viewing and I think you will not be disappointed.

IMHO, Lakeholmz is an unpolish gem with value awaiting to be unlock. I've had already purchased one unit in Lakeholmz and hope it will appriciate in value in the future. :D

price update:

devilplate
25-10-10, 12:26
Beside PV & Caspian, potential buyer should also look out for Lakeholmz, price look rerasonable ($674PSF). Current price is about ~30% off from quoted price for Keppel's new project at Lakeside.

Lakeholmz may look unimpressive from the outside (my wife says the project looks like HDB Flat :banghead: from the outside), however, the beauty is hidden within with nice landscaping & layout . Importantly, all units have pool view with no back to back units like PV, Lakeshore or Caspian. Give it a try for viewing and I think you will not be disappointed.

IMHO, Lakeholmz is an unpolish gem with value awaiting to be unlock. I've had already purchased one unit in Lakeholmz and hope it will appriciate in value in the future. :D

lakeholm took u how long to walk to MRT?

OLY99
25-10-10, 13:27
Keppel's pricing for new project is a great boost for nearby project. of course i also benefit for my caspian :D :D :D . hopefully i can see a big jump in pricing, though i bought it for own stay.

westman
25-10-10, 13:27
Measured ~400 metres from onemap.sg
walk about 4~5 mins.

Was originalyl about to pay deposit for an unit in PV. However, my agent suggested that with about 20k more, I can get an unit in Lakeholmz.

Was unimpressed with Lakeholmz exterior look thus did not have high hope before viewing :tsk-tsk: . However, my opinion changed completely after the viewing. The project is just much more better than what I think of.

I paid my deposit straight on the spot when viewing as I love the views and also the serene environment as it's surround with private residential projects (unlike PV/lakeshore with immediate proximity with HDB flats)

No disrespect to PV/Lakeshore owners, I think Lakeholmz really worth consider.
:)

OLY99
25-10-10, 13:30

lakeholm i think at least > 15mins walk. the size is quiet big so quantum might be quite high. hearsay from agent is a enblock potential but don know how true lah. also heard mediacorp CEO stay there.

westman
25-10-10, 13:33
:) Happy for you!

I think the price gaps between Caspian n Keppel will be about 5~10% For average $1050psf with Keppel project, hoep your unit can worth possibly around $900~$1000...;)

Good luck!

Keppel's pricing for new project is a great boost for nearby project. of course i also benefit for my caspian :D :D :D . hopefully i can see a big jump in pricing, though i bought it for own stay.

westman
25-10-10, 13:41
walk about 4~5 mins.

Was originalyl about to pay deposit for an unit in PV. However, my agent suggested that with about 20k more, I can get an unit in Lakeholmz.

Was unimpressed with Lakeholmz exterior look thus did not have high hope before viewing :tsk-tsk: . However, my opinion changed completely after the viewing. The project is just much more better than what I think of.

I paid my deposit straight on the spot when viewing as I love the views and also the serene environment as it's surround with private residential projects (unlike PV/lakeshore with immediate proximity with HDB flats)

maisonjai
26-10-10, 13:16
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/2388918/for-sale-lakeside-new-launch

4bed 980psf, if sell out then those surrounding condos huat liao.

rattydrama
26-10-10, 13:39
but bear in mind that caspian - bigger floor areas and owner willing to settle for cheaper rental.

amk
26-10-10, 13:45

alamak, how come keppel never play along ? gov wants u to say "price stagnant" or "stable", not "continued rising". straits times already played along for the last month and stopped running "price new high" kind of articles already.

like that new measures will be coming. no CPF for down payment. capital gain tax. no subsale. ...

peterng8
26-10-10, 21:08

I know but quantum very high...:2cents: and the carpark entrance very narrow

peterng8
26-10-10, 21:12
walk about 4~5 mins.

Walk to MRT around 8 to 10 mins..i tested it before caspian is around 5 to 6 mins...:2cents: the external space is not as big as PV

peterng8
26-10-10, 21:18

take a look at my post 3 months ago:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=6908&page=36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasParis
Wow.....not bad.....hoping to fetch 850psf.....by end of the year when Kepland start their new launch....:spliff:

acc to sources, another one also close at this price...:D

if everything goes well and good news on economy when people feels bullish, caspian hopefully reaches S$850-900psf , Parc vista S$750psf...when keppel launch..acc to sources, keppel 3 rooms will be around 900 to 1000sq ft only..:D
http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLY99
Hi i am a caspian owner. i do receive calls from agent almost daily asking me whether interested to sell. the highest price quoted to me is 1m for my 3bedded 1238sqf size, which work out to $807psf. also had a short chat with the agent, he told me many owners are holding back waiting for price to up further. my feel is the price will go up further once keppel launch ther project in maybe dec. i believe keppel new project will sell like hot cake since is so near mrt. to achieve $850psf, i think is not too far.:D :D :D . for me i am willing to wait......

yes, u are right on caspian...not only that, the neighbor opposite, Parc vista price per sq feet, seller are asking for S$700psf liao up from S$650 psf...so not far away from S$750 PSF..:D I have been keeping track of all condo in D22-25 for many years..pricing of new and resale price is up tremendously recently...

peterng8
26-10-10, 21:25
alamak, how come keppel never play along ? gov wants u to say "price stagnant" or "stable", not "continued rising". straits times already played along for the last month and stopped running "price new high" kind of articles already.

like that new measures will be coming. no CPF for down payment. capital gain tax. no subsale. ...

ha ha they will play along but not at this location la....and their bid is a bit high...

I think the land released after the policy is those a bit out f the way from MRT, so most of the response not so outstanding, and the press will broadcast the policy has taken effect but when the location is convenient...I think there will be takers...:2cents:

sleek
28-10-10, 00:01
http://www.myhometown.sg/Portals/0/Member/Site%20Plan%2002.jpg (http://www.myhometown.sg/Forum/tabid/84/aff/307/aft/180519/afv/topic/Default.aspx#234701)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH01AI4cfKU&feature=player_embedded#!

Jadey
28-10-10, 01:19

problem with lakeholmz is it doesnt have good access from corporation road.

kane
28-10-10, 01:35

unfortunately, the paid a hefty price for the land. so they've got to pass that pricey baton to the next chap.

Jadey
28-10-10, 04:42
Anybody know what the government is going to do with the piece of land right next to it?

westman
28-10-10, 09:46
problem with lakeholmz is it doesnt have good access from corporation road.

Agreed.:) Unlike Lakepoint where there is opening for right turn.

westman
28-10-10, 10:05
Anybody know what the government is going to do with the piece of land right next to it?

According Master Plan 2008 & Onemap, that piece of land (MK06-0444k) is zone as residential. Total land size is around 27500m2 with plot ratio of 3.5. With Keppel lot's going with 499psf for land, I wondered how much developer would bid for this land.

Assuming an upside of 10% , i calculated it would worth aorund 573 millions dollars:scared-1:

Allthepies
28-10-10, 13:09
According Master Plan 2008 & Onemap, that piece of land (MK06-0444k) is zone as residential. Total land size is around 27500m2 with plot ratio of 3.5. With Keppel lot's going with 499psf for land, I wondered how much developer would bid for this land.

Assuming an upside of 10% , i calculated it would worth aorund 573 millions dollars:scared-1:

the government is planning something else for that land; it has been withdrawn

westman
28-10-10, 14:28

Hmmm... if it's withdrawn, how often does it take to update the Master Plan in URA website? Curious to know where can I learn if it's for something else, wonder what the plan be? :)

Small shopping complex? If yes, Lakeshore, Lakefront etc project all huat! :p

devilplate
28-10-10, 14:58
Hw u noe? Tot next masterplan update on 2013???

ay123
29-10-10, 11:59
29 October 2010
URA Reserve List site at Jurong Lake District is now open for application
The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) today released the detailed sales conditions for a White site at Boon Lay Way. This is the second sale site to be made available for sale in the Jurong Lake District1.
Located next to the Jurong East MRT station, this land parcel is made available for sale on the Reserve List under the second half 2010 Government Land Sales Programme. Developers interested in purchasing the site can now apply to URA for it to be put up for tender.

will this help to push keppel sale??

Allthepies
29-10-10, 13:52
Hw u noe? Tot next masterplan update on 2013???

they made amendments to the 2008 masterplan :)

rattydrama
29-10-10, 14:12
will the developer pay higher than 500psf to bid for it?

29 October 2010
The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) today released the detailed sales conditions for a White site at Boon Lay Way. This is the second sale site to be made available for sale in the Jurong Lake District1.
Located next to the Jurong East MRT station, this land parcel is made available for sale on the Reserve List under the second half 2010 Government Land Sales Programme. Developers interested in purchasing the site can now apply to URA for it to be put up for tender.

rattydrama
29-10-10, 14:17
2 projects just next to each other, both are 2 bedders, one with a floor area of 700 sq ft and the other 900sq ft Given the same rental rate, which project will rent out easily? Or is tenant fussy about size?

kingkong1984
29-10-10, 14:54
2 projects just next to each other, both are 2 bedders, one with a floor area of 700 sq ft and the other 900sq ft Given the same rental rate, which project will rent out easily? Or is tenant fussy about size?

absolute price for rental as long as both can fit the same sized and same number of beds. Heck care lah, cheap is better. But the story is different when they can add in one more bed. They will pay more. Jurong area, jurong tenant profiles.

peterng8
29-10-10, 20:38
do a search can find all the discussion on that same old man question...:2cents:
better to act on those area you are familiar with..think about risk management..

sometimes a simple boring statement can tell alot of things depending on who read it...:2cents:

DC33_2008
29-10-10, 21:54
Heard from an agent that the average $psf is 1000.

Wild Falcon
29-10-10, 23:17
Does it mean the site is triggered?

The way I see things will pan out. The new CBD will move to Marina. A lot of offices in the old CBD will be vacated and converted to residential, e.g. Robinsion Road, Shenton Way (e.g. DBS Towers a likely candidate etc) to build shoebox units catering to the low-mid management working in CBD (Senior managment don't stay such shoeboxes) - looking at the size of the units, it will not be known as an upmarket area. The second CBD will shift to Jurong Lake and is already happening with government offices moving first. The "herd" naturally will chase those CBD shoeboxes. But at $2,500psf and more of the same shoebox coming up, upside will be limited and yields pathetic. How many more low-middle management foreigners coming to Singapore to rent these shoeboxes? Plot ratio is so high in such areas - every small plot can build 200 units. And locals will not rent but buy if rental is $3000. So instead of joining the herd, one could be better off looking for gems in new frontier areas - i.e. near the second CBD when no one is exactly focusing :)

29 October 2010

devilplate
29-10-10, 23:22
Does it mean the site is triggered?

The way I see things will pan out. The new CBD will move to Marina. A lot of offices in the old CBD will be vacated and converted to residential, e.g. Robinsion Road, Shenton Way (e.g. DBS Towers a likely candidate etc) to build shoebox units catering to the low-mid management working in CBD (Senior managment don't stay such shoeboxes) - looking at the size of the units, it will not be known as an upmarket area. The second CBD will shift to Jurong Lake and is already happening with government offices moving first. The "herd" naturally will chase those CBD shoeboxes. But at $2,500psf and more of the same shoebox coming up, upside will be limited and yields pathetic. How many more low-middle management foreigners coming to Singapore to rent these shoeboxes? Plot ratio is so high in such areas - every small plot can build 200 units. And locals will not rent but buy if rental is $3000. So instead of joining the herd, one could be better off looking for gems in new frontier areas - i.e. near the second CBD when no one is exactly focusing :)

it wun be cheap....cud be more ex den the one at bedok interchange...

got too many 'cbds'....kallang riverside, paya lebar, jurong east...by tat time mabe we r gone or too old to witness it liao

den the old tanjong pagar railway area...also wana become new CBD

proud owner
29-10-10, 23:27
it wun be cheap....cud be more ex den the one at bedok interchange...

got too many 'cbds'....kallang riverside, paya lebar, jurong east...by tat time mabe we r gone or too old to witness it liao

den the old tanjong pagar railway area...also wana become new CBD

singapore is only 45 yr old

we are in the process of making our own history

in every major city .. theres always a new town and old town ..

i am not sure if govt would tear down everything to build new ones ..
cos if they do ..then we will never have much history to look at ..

devilplate
29-10-10, 23:35
singapore is only 45 yr old

we are in the process of making our own history

in every major city .. theres always a new town and old town ..

i am not sure if govt would tear down everything to build new ones ..
cos if they do ..then we will never have much history to look at ..

can read the capitol sale....govt rejects the highest bid due to substantial residential component;)

Wild Falcon
29-10-10, 23:55
The reality is, these new developments will TOP 2015 and beyond. That's 5 years later. Nobody knows what will happen 5 years later. I actually think there is not much meat buying those CBD MMs ar $2,500psf that will TOP 5 years later. 5 years later interest will increase. And clearly, the only attraction is rental yield because no owner occupier (or senior management tenant) will stay in those MMs.

My take on Singapore? There are actually not that many new offices or businesses being set up. The sad reality, and nobody wants to admit is, after shifting the offices to the new Marina Bay, our dear old CBD at Shenton Way and Robinson Road becomes forlorn and unwanted. Many have and will become empty because there are not much new demand for offices (merely musical chairs). So these have to be converted to residential - or else Shenton Way will become a ghost town. One by one - these tall office blocks will become shoebox residential units. But how many net new foreigners talents are we taking in every year? LLs will be fighting for low-mid management tenants. Of course 2015 is very far away, but 2015 is also the year new MRT lines become ready. So the attraction of staying in concrete jungle Shenton Way surrounded by concrete becomes that less compelling, because lots of other places will have MRT in future - with good views, spacious and clean air and lots of parking for those who collect automobiles.

Singapore can only have 2 CBDs. If people can make more money frying properties, who will become an entrepreneur and set up business? So net new businesses formed will be very low. No new business formed = no demand for new office. We cannot keep relying on MNC because they will shift to lower cost countries. The second CBD is likely to be Jurong Lake because the government cannot fail here after all the hype. They have already taken the first step by shifting the government offices there - and our civil service employs a pretty substantial portion of the workforce and all those companies that serve these government agencies will move there as well. So those Kallang Riverside and Eunos regional centers? They will cater to the SME market - but these will not be the second CBD - much like Tampines.

Wild Falcon
30-10-10, 00:01
The reality is that there are way too many shopping malls and office space in S'pore that cannot be absorbed. Worst still, all these shopping malls all concentrated in the same area selling the same thing. At least for residential, developers can still find suckers who do not realise that if there are no new demand for new offices, then who is going to rent those new MM residential units?

can read the capitol sale....govt rejects the highest bid due to substantial residential component;)

rattydrama
30-10-10, 09:53
Thanks! Ang Mo dont mind the 2 bedder layout of keppel but is there many ang mo in Jurong? I doubt so. The caspian 2 bedder layout is better.

This project is pumping up the property buying spree.

absolute price for rental as long as both can fit the same sized and same number of beds. Heck care lah, cheap is better. But the story is different when they can add in one more bed. They will pay more. Jurong area, jurong tenant profiles.

devilplate
30-10-10, 10:12
Thanks! Ang Mo dont mind the 2 bedder layout of keppel but is there many ang mo in Jurong? I doubt so. The caspian 2 bedder layout is better.

This project is pumping up the property buying spree.

er...tot the other 2 in CBD?

rattydrama
30-10-10, 10:17
er...tot the other 2 in CBD?
I nvr follow CBD ... in "bad" times, developer push out projects near good location....

hopeful
30-10-10, 10:46
The reality is, these new developments will TOP 2015 and beyond. That's 5 years later. Nobody knows what will happen 5 years later. I actually think there is not much meat buying those CBD MMs ar $2,500psf that will TOP 5 years later. 5 years later interest will increase. And clearly, the only attraction is rental yield because no owner occupier (or senior management tenant) will stay in those MMs.

IMO:
TS and MBR Bayview units will be largely unaffected. not surrounded by concrete and superb view.
MBS since large size formats, senior management can stay there.
The future is more downside for the rest of CBD MM condos.

devilplate
30-10-10, 11:26
I nvr follow CBD ... in "bad" times, developer push out projects near good location....

nid to diversify....cannot all OCR:2cents:

devilplate
30-10-10, 11:28
IMO:
TS and MBR Bayview units will be largely unaffected. not surrounded by concrete and superb view.
MBS since large size formats, senior management can stay there.
The future is more downside for the rest of CBD MM condos.

but currently more upside to come for MMs:cheers1:
who cares 5-10yrs later...earn $ this round first:cheers6:

shd any1 start collecting MMs early last yr...goodie:D

peterng8
30-10-10, 12:30
unfortunately, the paid a hefty price for the land. so they've got to pass that pricey baton to the next chap.

at that time(before the drastic cooling measures and pricing are on the uptread) and as far as i remember , this plot actually attracted alot of bidders, if keppel does not get it, other party will...well they may hold on to the launch but they did not do so, it somehow shows that they are confident that this price at this location will sell...will it be another sellout like caspian, wait for the launch at 12Nov 2010....:D

devilplate
30-10-10, 12:45
at that time(before the drastic cooling measures and pricing are on the uptread) and as far as i remember , this plot actually attracted alot of bidders, if keppel does not get it, other party will...well they may hold on to the launch but they did not do so, it somehow shows that they are confident that this price at this location will sell...will it be another sellout like caspian, wait for the launch at 12Nov 2010....:D

follow NV...700sqft 2bedder...hehe

flrplan out oredi?

peterng8
30-10-10, 14:51
[quote=devilplate]follow NV...700sqft 2bedder...hehe

flrplan out oredi?[/quote

size can follow but price will not....one is bankiing on Jurong lake district, the other one is not, one is 2min to mrt can see lake the other one walk 10 mins to mrt...one is nearer to town compared to the other which is farther but has its own good points that attract certain people who like it...

details such as price and launch date released...know that agents attend briefing last mid week....

devilplate
30-10-10, 16:21
[quote=devilplate]follow NV...700sqft 2bedder...hehe

flrplan out oredi?[/quote

size can follow but price will not....one is bankiing on Jurong lake district, the other one is not, one is 2min to mrt can see lake the other one walk 10 mins to mrt...one is nearer to town compared to the other which is farther but has its own good points that attract certain people who like it...

details such as price and launch date released...know that agents attend briefing last mid week....

tat simei plot will follow keppel den...happier?:p

rattydrama
30-10-10, 16:49

CBD can only get small units. I no guts...

jitkiat
30-10-10, 17:14
If you minus the RC ledge, bay windows and AC, NV 2br is less than 700sqft :doh:

I guess Keppel's 2br could be even worse.

kingkong1984
30-10-10, 17:54
Buy caspian sub sale or older condos there if below $700 psf. Better
Deal.

peterng8
30-10-10, 18:47
[quote=peterng8]

tat simei plot will follow keppel den...happier?:p

happier? for what and why? my interest is not there...maybe next time when DB TOP, will consider buying a small unit so can have a resident card and my children can play at the 5-storey waterfall feature which they love it at first sight seeing the brochure......:2cents:

peterng8
30-10-10, 19:00
Deal.

although the price is now known to be around 1K plus, it is not so sure yet whether those who already bought at lower price for other existing proj will enjoy another jump in price...as the key still lies on the the actual response of the launch. If the response of the keppel launch at this price is good, than it will be hopeful for those bought at lower price to enjoy a jump in price (how high is another question but can use past history as a reference)..:2cents: and i will predict that if the response is good, it may set another caspian effect but at location dependent...:2cents:

peterng8
30-10-10, 19:03
Deal.

although the price is now known to be around 1K plus, it is not so sure yet whether those who already bought at lower price for other existing proj will enjoy another jump in price...as the key still lies on the the actual response of the launch. If the response of the keppel launch at this price is good, than it will be hopeful for those bought at lower price to enjoy a jump in price (how high is another question but can use past history as a reference)..:2cents: and i will predict that if the response is good, it may set another caspian effect but at location dependent...:2cents:

my prediction at older condo PV and caspian still maintains the same:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=6908&page=35

kingkong1984
30-10-10, 19:58
Yes, DBR also good since it was cheap. You are west expert?

kingkong1984
30-10-10, 20:08
Duplicated

peterng8
30-10-10, 20:36
Yes, DBR also good since it was cheap. You are west expert?

i shan't comment on "DBR also good since it was cheap", as for west expert, sory, I am no expert....

"expert" I think are people who are viewed as the statement and opinion they give that are supposed to be highly accurate and can be used as reference and guide by majority out there....:2cents:

whether to believe them is up to individual..;)

greenpasture
30-10-10, 21:35
What is DBR ? !?(・_・;?

peterng8
30-10-10, 21:51
What is DBR ? !?(・_・;?

DBR - double bay residences - one of the launches same as the period around caspian, alexia(near queenstown mrt station, mostly MM unit) time which is around 2008 if i am not wrong...where units are completely sold...DBR one of the most compehensive facilities it said to have offered: movie room, band room, library, karoke room, island, hanging jucuzi, forest river..waterfalll and other standard full facilities that most condo have...

peterng8
30-10-10, 21:53
What is DBR ? !?(・_・;?

DBR- double bay residences, lanuches around the time in 2008/09 where caspian and alexia (the MM units near queenstown mrt) and all units are sold...double bay residences- a whole range of facilities which inlcude hanging jacuzzi, waterfall, island, forest river etc.. which are quite impressive ...

greenpasture
30-10-10, 22:00
Peter: thks! Lots of facilities comes w premium (⌒▽⌒) leh. Whats the price for smallest unit now ? :2cents:

peterng8
30-10-10, 22:06
Peter: thks! Lots of facilities comes w premium (⌒▽⌒) leh. Whats the price for smallest unit now ? :2cents:

if jitkiat is around..he will let u know the latest pricing now...but near TOP it a different story...

devilplate
30-10-10, 23:21

ask DBR resident agt Taunamy:D

rattydrama
31-10-10, 00:16
draft copy. You can get from agent.

follow NV...700sqft 2bedder...hehe

flrplan out oredi?

rattydrama
31-10-10, 00:17
ask DBR resident agt Taunamy:D
this is a good one. I saw his post just few days ago.

OLY99
02-11-10, 12:11

my prediction at older condo PV and caspian still maintains the same:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=6908&page=35

http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/statusicon/post_old.gif May 19th, 2010 #59 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=94959&postcount=59) peterng8 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=19637) vbmenu_register("postmenu_94959", true);
Junior

http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/favicon.gif Caspian vs New project (Beside Caspian)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ay123
whats the hurry to sell. most caspian owners are for own stay. my feel is they can wait until the new launch. i believe the price will be pushed higher. of course if the owner ask for $900psf now definitely cannot sell lah. u are always very supportive that caspian price can rise further but now u are singing a different tone? have u already sold yr unit at below $800psf?

Yeah hold hold I believe the price will reach S$1500psf in no time soon....yahoo....:D

U were previously quite sarcastic abt caspian rising price right. keep asking ppl to sell!!! yr view always change according to wind direction.....:beats-me-man:

OLY99
02-11-10, 12:15
29 October 2010

this is good news. govt really push for jurong transformation.....also hope keppel can sell well. :D :D :D

ay123
02-11-10, 17:36
ANNEX 3
DETAILS OF LAND PARCEL

Location Boon Lay Way
Site Area 18,159.1 m2

Lease Period 99 years
Allowable Development White
(Commercial /Hotel/ Residential)
Maximum Permissible
Gross Floor Area (GFA)
88,980 m2

At least 40% of the maximum permissible GFA
for office use and the remainder for any one or
more of the following uses:
a) Commercial (eg. Retail and Entertainment)
b) Hotel
c) Residential
Maximum Building Height Part 150m AMSL+/ Part 160m AMSL with a 4-
storey low-rise zone
Project Completion Period 7 years ++

+ AMSL means Above Mean Sea Level.

++ Computed from the date of acceptance of tender by the Authority up to the date of issue of
Temporary Occupation Permit for the whole of the proposed development.

does this mean completion of the jurong development must be within 7 years??? the first site is given 8.5 years.

akow
02-11-10, 18:53
http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/statusicon/post_old.gif May 19th, 2010 #59 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=94959&postcount=59) peterng8 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=19637) vbmenu_register

Yeah hold hold I believe the price will reach S$1500psf in no time soon....yahoo....:D

Price rise to $1500psf?? dont be over optimistic.

Latest news from Biz Times.

November 2, 2010, 5.28 pm (Singapore time)
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/ax/c.gifPM Lee says property market needs monitoring

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/latest/story/0,4574,411360,00.html

peterng8
02-11-10, 20:25
http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/statusicon/post_old.gif May 19th, 2010 #59 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=94959&postcount=59) peterng8 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=19637) vbmenu_register("postmenu_94959", true);
Junior

http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/favicon.gif Caspian vs New project (Beside Caspian)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ay123
whats the hurry to sell. most caspian owners are for own stay. my feel is they can wait until the new launch. i believe the price will be pushed higher. of course if the owner ask for $900psf now definitely cannot sell lah. u are always very supportive that caspian price can rise further but now u are singing a different tone? have u already sold yr unit at below $800psf?

U were previously quite sarcastic abt caspian rising price right. keep asking ppl to sell!!! yr view always change according to wind direction.....:beats-me-man:

no la, the post u cut and paste is only half the story...I am saying to sell is when price hit my predicted price of caspian at S$900 psf as mentioned, can sell already but some of the bros here hope to reach higher than this that is why I am sacastic on the price to hit S$1500psf ...

if you are owner of a caspian unit, good for you....:2cents:
only owner of caspian and PV will spend time at this thread if not...where got time...

itghost
03-11-10, 20:35
there is still an empty land next to this project, anyone knows what it will do? another residential project?

mygeemeel
03-11-10, 22:17
It would be another private condo with developer buying it at record high price, thus break even would be $1,500psf. Woohoo! :spliff:

peterng8
04-11-10, 18:31
It would be another private condo with developer buying it at record high price, thus break even would be $1,500psf. Woohoo! :spliff:

pls support keppel project...it is very good with the amenities and the so called high quality image keppel projects....watch out for another caspian effect at location dependent..

May be that is why garmen say they are watching the property very closely after keppel announces the price at this surburban area..coupled with the predicted info of cash flowing into the region...this price if sold out, proj at those good location sure chiong one..:scared-4:

teddybear
04-11-10, 19:15
It that so? I didn't find Park Infinia by Keppel to be 'high quality'. :confused:

pls support keppel project...it is very good with the amenities and the so called high quality image keppel projects....watch out for another caspian effect at location dependent..

May be that is why garmen say they are watching the property very closely after keppel announces the price at this surburban area..coupled with the predicted info of cash flowing into the region...this price if sold out, proj at those good location sure chiong one..:scared-4:

mygeemeel
04-11-10, 19:25
Actually, people should be buying Caspian isn't it? Earlier TOP, lower psf/quantum...

But I must say Kepland has cleverly design their development, away from mrt tracks.

peterng8
04-11-10, 21:56
It that so? I didn't find Park Infinia by Keppel to be 'high quality'. :confused:

at this current situation, and to sell at this price ...I think they have to carry out their launch and plan carefully to make it a full sell out....:2cents:

peterng8
04-11-10, 21:57
Actually, people should be buying Caspian isn't it? Earlier TOP, lower psf/quantum...

But I must say Kepland has cleverly design their development, away from mrt tracks.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

westman
04-11-10, 23:06
An agent email me the show room photos and found the design so so only and think brochure looks much nicer than actual photos....:doh:

Am sceptical as agent told me do not miss the chance as it will be a sold out project in days as "blank cheque" responses are overwhelming....:eek:

Not really believe it will be a sold out in a few days, months perhaps.....

kane
04-11-10, 23:21
at this current situation, and to sell at this price ...I think they have to carry out their launch and plan carefully to make it a full sell out....:2cents:

they'd probably launch it in phases and try and sell them out in phases. if they can sell it 90% of the total development in a month i'll be really impressed. singaporeans are obviously very very cash rich.

devilplate
04-11-10, 23:32
they'd probably launch it in phases and try and sell them out in phases. if they can sell it 90% of the total development in a month i'll be really impressed. singaporeans are obviously very very cash rich.

sporeans still got cash de....u see the gly...at stevens...i read smthing like 70-80% r local buyers and 3bedders from 3mio wor:scared-1:

it depends on whr and which ppty they wana park their cash:D

Komo
04-11-10, 23:55
perhaps many singaporean are coming back home from overseas, one reason or another (eg poor economy overseas), with lots of cash?

Komo
04-11-10, 23:58

If I own a Caspian I will sell it and buy this Kepland one....:D :D

westman
05-11-10, 00:24

good choice:p

devilplate
05-11-10, 00:29
y sell caspian and buy this new project? to me caspian projects looks ok...unless u r holding a caspian unit tat faces the mrt track...den perhaps it make sense..

agt comm, new stamp fees, etc etc....care to explain y?

kane
05-11-10, 02:24

caspian is going at 800psf average, kepland's going for 1000psf average. i don't understand the logic of switching either unless you can sell the caspian unit closer to 1000psf.

and like what devilplate talk about. incur more stamp fees in the process??

Komo
05-11-10, 08:28
I don't think the price differential between the 2 projects will wide at $200psf. The projects are so close in location and top. (maybe they intentionally slow down caspian construction:D actually good for caspian). But since kepland one is more appealing (homestay or lease), I believe it will still maintain a price premium. So may make sense to sell caspian when price is high enough and close to kepland and switch. I feel that kepland one may have better upward potential from here. But of course if you are holding a very nice choice unit in caspian then that's another story. Nevertheless, a more appealing project tends to maintain value better.

westman
05-11-10, 08:36
I don't think the price differential between the 2 projects will wide at $200psf. The projects are so close in location and top. (maybe they intentionally slow down caspian construction:D actually good for caspian). But since kepland one is more appealing (homestay or lease), I believe it will still maintain a price premium. So may make sense to sell caspian when price is high enough and close to kepland and switch. I feel that kepland one may have better upward potential from here.

IF
- I have extra $$$$$, I would buy Lakefront and hold caspian...
- I have $$$ to paid up 30~40% for lakefront, I would buy lakefront now and sell caspian later (waiting for price gaps between Lakefront & Capsian to close)
- If I'm don't have enough $$$ to meet 30% loan regulation, I would hold Caspian for further appreciation in investment.

azeoprop
05-11-10, 08:46
y sell caspian and buy this new project? to me caspian projects looks ok...unless u r holding a caspian unit tat faces the mrt track...den perhaps it make sense..

agt comm, new stamp fees, etc etc....care to explain y?

Still feeling a bit sore for not buying the caspian high floor 4 bedder last year during the preview...only selling around 800k. :banghead:

rattydrama
05-11-10, 08:56
I don't think the price differential between the 2 projects will wide at $200psf. The projects are so close in location and top. (maybe they intentionally slow down caspian construction:D actually good for caspian). But since kepland one is more appealing (homestay or lease), I believe it will still maintain a price premium. So may make sense to sell caspian when price is high enough and close to kepland and switch. I feel that kepland one may have better upward potential from here. But of course if you are holding a very nice choice unit in caspian then that's another story. Nevertheless, a more appealing project tends to maintain value better.

The caspian layout is far better than Keppel. If the prices are same and unit is on high floor, unblocked, not near to MRT track, it make sense to hold on to caspian.

Keppel layout is suitable for rental purposes and not for self stay. Look at the kitchen layout! :doh: There again, if buy during launch, you can choose those at high floor to compensate the less than desired design.

Looks like this will be a sell out project.

rattydrama
05-11-10, 09:01
Still feeling a bit sore for not buying the caspian high floor 4 bedder last year during the preview...only selling around 800k. :banghead:

mi too!! I was looking at the online brochure and ask myself, wow so cheap... but never think of wow must buy although I can afford anytime!!!!

peterng8
05-11-10, 11:06

I am waiting for the caspian effect to happen again but is location dependent...MARK my word...:2cents: :2cents:

peterng8
05-11-10, 11:11
mi too!! I was looking at the online brochure and ask myself, wow so cheap... but never think of wow must buy although I can afford anytime!!!!

whatever action u take(buy or dont buy), there must be a reason behind it that make you take this choice...no point thinking about past , move forward and decide whether there is another opportunity that you should capitalise...:2cents: action is key...:2cents:

devilplate
05-11-10, 11:23

err...'more appealing' is too subjective oredi....one BUC now and one based on artist impression...

u really tink caspian can fetch very close to kep prices now? kep unit sizes r smaller and thus quantum is still about the same even though at 1kpsf. quite tough to switch la...

when kep launch and mabe 50% sold or more...caspian prices will only inch up perhaps to 900psf by den....when u sell, u realised choice units r gone for kep land and mabe at 2-3% higher prices is response is too good....ppty unlike stocks la...very tough to make a switch like dat one...

if u like kep project and holding a caspian project, just buy one unit at kepland now...when kepland units about 80-90% sold, den u can start selling caspian...haha....nid balls to do tat lor...gd luck:D

devilplate
05-11-10, 11:25
IF
- I have extra $$$$$, I would buy Lakefront and hold caspian...
- I have $$$ to paid up 30~40% for lakefront, I would buy lakefront now and sell caspian later (waiting for price gaps between Lakefront & Capsian to close)
- If I'm don't have enough $$$ to meet 30% loan regulation, I would hold Caspian for further appreciation in investment.

ops...din read ur post b4 i post..:ashamed1:

very similar tots:D

devilplate
05-11-10, 11:29
The caspian layout is far better than Keppel. If the prices are same and unit is on high floor, unblocked, not near to MRT track, it make sense to hold on to caspian.

i dun tink got any units in caspian tat enjoys unblocked view....i was there during the preview too...:o (nvr buy any wor....)

3-4bedders low flr direct poolview was the best choice at caspian:2cents:

allenl
05-11-10, 12:31
i dun tink got any units in caspian tat enjoys unblocked view....i was there during the preview too...:o (nvr buy any wor....)

my caspian unit is high flr 4 bedder pool facing...thinking of getting a 2 bedder in kep....but price is ard 800k....steep..

mygeemeel
05-11-10, 12:54
Got money, buy kepland. Lesser money and want earlier top then buy caspian. Simple. Heard kepland top in 2015. Wah! :spliff:

peterng8
05-11-10, 14:26
Buy keppel is good...the design will not be affected by MRT noise at the same it is near mrt, unlike caspian...and facilities also good...

mygeemeel
05-11-10, 19:00
I AM A CASPIAN OWNER. :D

ay123
05-11-10, 19:36
Got money, buy kepland. Lesser money and want earlier top then buy caspian. Simple. Heard kepland top in 2015. Wah! :spliff:
Tot keppel intent to TOP at 2013 q4? Tats wat keppel spokesman said during interview when they got the land.

ay123
05-11-10, 19:38
Caspian as long at 10% discount of keppel will be attractive

peterng8
05-11-10, 20:17

u bought from subsale but price I guess is not too high...I guess there are a few caspianian here can tell since the start of the caspian thread...:)

kane
05-11-10, 23:43
Caspian as long at 10% discount of keppel will be attractive

it's at 20% right now according to kepland's guided price. well, whether their launch will be a successful will be known next week.

devilplate
06-11-10, 00:21
it's at 20% right now according to kepland's guided price. well, whether their launch will be a successful will be known next week.
Factored in baywindows/planters cud b ard 10-15pct diff

RE_Owner
06-11-10, 03:55
My tot is keppel project will be a sell out. When caspian was launch they were selling at jurong transformation. Many were skeptical abt jurong development then. Now Keppel is also selling at jurong transformation but keppel is selling on true fact, 1) jurong lake district first white site being acquired. 2) ministries moving to jurong by 2015. 3)2nd white site open for tender.....these facts are showing that jurong development is taking shape very agressively which prompt keppel to bid at high price. I think now should not use caspian to compare price anymore becos caspian price is history and would not happen again. Now should look at future potential. I think keppel has potential for capital appreciation. Of course caspian can ride on this wave also.....If the white site has to complete development within 7 years, we need not even need to wait 10 years to see jurong transformation take shape :2cents:

westman
06-11-10, 06:54
My tot is keppel project will be a sell out. When caspian was launch they were selling at jurong transformation. Many were skeptical abt jurong development then. Now Keppel is also selling at jurong transformation but keppel is selling on true fact, 1) jurong lake district first white site being acquired. 2) ministries moving to jurong by 2015. 3)2nd white site open for tender.....these facts are showing that jurong development is taking shape very agressively which prompt keppel to bid at high price. I think now should not use caspian to compare price anymore becos caspian price is history and would not happen again. Now should look at future potential. I think keppel has potential for capital appreciation. Of course caspian can ride on this wave also.....If the white site has to complete development within 7 years, we need not even need to wait 10 years to see jurong transformation take shape :2cents:

For quite a while, not much of development news to JLD...
However, not understanding why it happened, by incidental, garment agencies made quite a fair bits of announcement just before Kep Land appoint agents start to promote and sell (I received lots of lakefront details right after that) ...

On 29 Oct 2010, another land at Jurong Lake District is now open for application (http://forums.condosingapore.com/2010/pr10-127.html)

On 30 Oct 2010, Current JE Bus Interchang will temperary relocate to make way for redevelopment of Jurong East Interchage Hub (maybe like Jurong Point Centris?)

Also on 30 Oct 2010, there are news reporting that garment agencies (some) will relocate to Jurong Gateway by 2015...

News come out too early, people may forget..
News come out too late, slow sales at start....

不多不少 两周刚刚好!

You draw your own conclusion...I will be very interested to buy with these "attractive news" around now and not to mention the right timing..
:p

westman
06-11-10, 07:02

It's ok, you can have a shot now at Lakefront ;)
Quickly buy, else one year later ... you post

"Still feeling a bit sore for not buying the Lakefront high floor 4 bedder in 2010 during the preview...only selling around 1300k. :banghead: "

:) :D

westman
06-11-10, 07:03

Bro, mind to share how this factor affect $$$$$?

westman
06-11-10, 07:06
ops...din read ur post b4 i post..:ashamed1:

very similar tots:D

you buying?;)

westman
06-11-10, 07:07

Huat Ah!!!!:D :D

westman
06-11-10, 07:20
A stupid question here...

With average $1050 asking price from Kep Land, can we still consider this as Mass Market Condo?

kane
06-11-10, 09:49

assuming the bay windows are used as the base of the bed with the exception of the master bedroom the difference will be the planter at the balcony which will probably account for 5% diff.

akow
06-11-10, 09:50
With average $1050 asking price from Kep Land, can we still consider this as Mass Market Condo?

With new exec condo(close to MRT) selling at 750psf to 800psf,
& Nearby Lakeshore of 4 years average subsale price 860psf, so Kep Land new launch price is not really far away...

If view the land area from Lakeside MRT station, the area looks small.

The biggest question is with such small land area, to squeeze in 629 units plus facilities, will be very lacking in space.
That could be the reason why its "3+1" unit shows typical floor area of only 1216 sf, very small area for "3+1" unit type

rattydrama
06-11-10, 10:29
got those at 15 floor above the old lakepoint condo.:)

rattydrama
06-11-10, 10:34
Yes I would think so, think of other projects in the central... same price tag or higher.

westman
06-11-10, 11:04
With new exec condo(close to MRT) selling at 750psf to 800psf,
& Nearby Lakeshore of 4 years average subsale price 860psf, so Kep Land new launch price is not really far away...

If view the land area from Lakeside MRT station, the area looks small.

The biggest question is with such small land area, to squeeze in 629 units plus facilities, will be very lacking in space.
That could be the reason why its "3+1" unit shows typical floor area of only 1216 sf, very small area for "3+1" unit type

Have seen the show room photos and found the room very cramp even with mirror and glasses installed to make the room looks much bigger :doh:

westman
06-11-10, 11:11
Yes I would think so, think of other projects in the central... same price tag or higher.

Thanks. A step further, how do we define the boundary between Mass & other's type of condo?

Price alone?
Location?
Or just because it's in D22 thus it will be mass market by default?
Or simply because those property marketing mixes trumpeting those established areas (D11, D12 & D13 or central) to differentiate the different? In simplicity, make someone else looks lower thus enbaling them to looks more promising to sell in those upmarket location?

:2cents: :)

rattydrama
06-11-10, 11:29
Have seen the show room photos and found the room very cramp even with mirror and glasses installed to make the room looks much bigger :doh:

generally for self stay, a 2 bedder should have at least 900sq min. Caspian has it but not keppel. But Keppel says they dont have wasted space eg. bay window and big aircon ledge.. However, i still find it small. The open concept kitchen put me off a little.

rattydrama
06-11-10, 11:43
I am not an expert.

Generally it refers to condo outside the city area or CCR. Mass market condo are affordable for HDB up-graders and mass market condo usually refers to those condos within the HDBs estate.

Recently some mass market condo crossed the price tag above 1000psf because they are located within walking distance to the MRT station + near good amenities + strong demand from buyers who are not willing to wait for their new HDB flats as there is no guarantee they could get it under the ballot system.

Earlier this year, alot of launches were targeting near the D12-13 which are nearer to town. As compared to town areas, the prices are alot more cheaper. So agent may market to say that why pay such high price for town area where you can get much cheaper with 5 MRT stops away?

Some buyer who are unwilling to pay the town price will bite.

Well those locations near town are prime areas and the price will continue to soar in the long run. Mass Market condo will lag behind. Prices at prime areas are the first to "chiong" but also the first to drop if the market turns.

Thanks. A step further, how do we define the boundary between Mass & other's type of condo?

Price alone?
Location?
Or just because it's in D22 thus it will be mass market by default?
Or simply because those property marketing mixes trumpeting those established areas (D11, D12 & D13 or central) to differentiate the different? In simplicity, make someone else looks lower thus enbaling them to looks more promising to sell in those upmarket location?

:2cents: :)

DC33_2008
06-11-10, 12:42
Can tell by looking at the no. of pages on ST classified ads on the cooling of the markets. New projects are hotter at least for this weekend.

westman
06-11-10, 13:18
I am not an expert.

Generally it refers to condo outside the city area or CCR. Mass market condo are affordable for HDB up-graders and mass market condo usually refers to those condos within the HDBs estate.

Recently some mass market condo crossed the price tag above 1000psf because they are located within walking distance to the MRT station + near good amenities + strong demand from buyers who are not willing to wait for their new HDB flats as there is no guarantee they could get it under the ballot system.

Earlier this year, alot of launches were targeting near the D12-13 which are nearer to town. As compared to town areas, the prices are alot more cheaper. So agent may market to say that why pay such high price for town area where you can get much cheaper with 5 MRT stops away?

Some buyer who are unwilling to pay the town price will bite.

Well those locations near town are prime areas and the price will continue to soar in the long run. Mass Market condo will lag behind. Prices at prime areas are the first to "chiong" but also the first to drop if the market turns.

Thanks. ;)

kingkong1984
06-11-10, 14:44
Ratty, any mass market to recommend? This one?

kane
06-11-10, 15:50
Anyone went to the preview?

rattydrama
06-11-10, 16:06
Ratty, any mass market to recommend? This one?

Jurong Lake not too bad in my opinion but in the long term - 10 -15 years wor. Some people like devil may disagree as there are people who know where to park their monies to get even better returns.

Did you realized that those property along MRT green appreciates well as compared to the rest?

rattydrama
06-11-10, 16:08
Anyone went to the preview?

Is there? 12 Nov rite?

westman
06-11-10, 17:24
Is there? 12 Nov rite?

There's a adv in ST by Pronex at Jurong Country Club 2pm~4pm for "so call" VVIP sales... Not an official one and you do not get to view actual show rooms.

It's more like an introduction presentaton with photo/floor plan etc per advise by an agent who attempts to get me inking a cheque for booking...:spliff:

mygeemeel
06-11-10, 17:50
Does the preview include finger food? Hehe. The agents make so much money, better cater some delicious makan. We buyers need to fill our tummies otherwise no strength to sign cheques. :spliff:

westman
06-11-10, 19:12
Does the preview include finger food? Hehe. The agents make so much money, better cater some delicious makan. We buyers need to fill our tummies otherwise no strength to sign cheques. :spliff:

Slow moving project perhaps (eg Hillvista).. :spliff:

Wild Falcon
06-11-10, 19:20
I think the definition is getting blurred. Even some suburban homes now have branded finishings. I don't think you can use PSF to define whether a home is mass or luxury class - because nowadays many "luxury" condos are only <500 sq ft which in effect cheaper than some spacious suburban homes in total quantum. So the line between prime and suburban is getting blurred, esp with new MRT lines coming up. I don't see the need to be overly obsessed with archaic district classifications. A project should be judged by its own merits - and district classification is becoming less important.

Wild Falcon
06-11-10, 19:22
Hillvista is one of the 2 "rare" sold out projects of Far East - Far East usually still have leftover units after TOP.

Slow moving project perhaps (eg Hillvista).. :spliff:

Wild Falcon
06-11-10, 19:31
So the selling price is $1,050psf for 99LH in Jurong? I think may not be a sell-out. Imagine you buy at $1,050psf, need to sell at $1,300psf to make some decent gains in the next few years. Who will buy at that price? MRT and lake is already there, so already been priced in. The Jurong Lake transformation is by 2020 - still a long way to go to reap the benefits. I wouldn't touch this at $1,050psf. But I note that units are super small to keep quantum affordable - just like Scala. Sometimes I still prefer FEO, FEO may sell slowly but they still build comfortable good-size homes.

akow
06-11-10, 19:47
There's a adv in ST by Pronex at Jurong Country Club 2pm~4pm for "so call" VVIP sales... Not an official one and you do not get to view actual show rooms.

It's more like an introduction presentaton with photo/floor plan etc per advise by an agent who attempts to get me inking a cheque for booking...:spliff:

So...how big is the crowd at Jurong Country Club today?
Overwhelming? Many ppl submit cheques?
I heard only those who submit cheques would be given access first to showflat on next Fri.

peterng8
06-11-10, 20:39
I heard only those who submit cheques would be given access first to showflat on next Fri.

buy buy keppel...make it a sell out proj...caspanian, lakeshorean, lakeholmian, Parc Vistaian are looking forward to the sell out...:D

westman
06-11-10, 20:54

Nvr follow up with agent. Hope big clowd........:)

westman
06-11-10, 20:56
I think the definition is getting blurred. Even some suburban homes now have branded finishings. I don't think you can use PSF to define whether a home is mass or luxury class - because nowadays many "luxury" condos are only <500 sq ft which in effect cheaper than some spacious suburban homes in total quantum. So the line between prime and suburban is getting blurred, esp with new MRT lines coming up. I don't see the need to be overly obsessed with archaic district classifications. A project should be judged by its own merits - and district classification is becoming less important.

Have the same tot as you on this...
:spliff:

fisho
06-11-10, 21:06
Just came back from IMM. There was a flyer on my windscreen from a ERA agent which states that the flyer can allow you to a special preview by invitation. lol. $1000 psf for this project. By invitation?

Cheers
fisho

westman
06-11-10, 21:15
Just came back from IMM. There was a flyer on my windscreen from a ERA agent which states that the flyer can allow you to a special preview by invitation. lol. $1000 psf for this project. By invitation?

Cheers
fisho

With cheque and also if you bid price meet expectation...
The Bid form allows you to have 6 choices of unit and with the amount you are willing to pay.

kingkong1984
06-11-10, 21:53
Crazy population at Jurong point and beyond, got a chance to move towards city by one station also have plenty of people. Should sell well.

westman
06-11-10, 22:24
Crazy population at Jurong point and beyond, got a chance to move towards city by one station also have plenty of people. Should sell well.

May sell well but not within days, weeks or months perhaps.:spliff:
Second to PeterNg remark that all projects near to Keppel would be please to see that happened.

Interestingly, not much of seller for Caspian/Lakeshore/Lakeholmz/Parc Vista lately... all awaiting for sales outcome for Lakefront?

kane
06-11-10, 22:47
The Bid form allows you to have 6 choices of unit and with the amount you are willing to pay.

they'll be really stupid to indicate the amount their willing to pay. it's like opening your wallet to them to take as much money as they want...

devilplate
06-11-10, 22:57
they'll be really stupid to indicate the amount their willing to pay. it's like opening your wallet to them to take as much money as they want...

its the norm to indicate the max price u willing to pay if u r submitting chq prior to preview.....y stupid?:beats-me-man:

kane
06-11-10, 23:33
not my norm, i just indicate the unit i would consider. why help the developers cream you? they should know the value of their own product.

devilplate
06-11-10, 23:56
not my norm, i just indicate the unit i would consider. why help the developers cream you? they should know the value of their own product.

many recent projects r adopting the same liao...

kane
07-11-10, 00:08
good luck to the buyers.

kingkong1984
07-11-10, 10:52
Buyer can say willing to pay 1 million but dun want to exercise also.

kane
07-11-10, 13:31
It takes one panicky buyer to set the standard for the rest. Would you play poker and show all 5 cards to your opponents?

focus
07-11-10, 13:44
many recent projects r adopting the same liao...

You mean you give cheque..die die must exercise?
Thought give cheque is to show interest.. ??

rattydrama
07-11-10, 14:06

more like pressured to buy if you see people rushing to snap a unit and you also want it... something like collecting freebies!! uniquely Singapre.. I heard optima was like that before. People were sitting on the floor to write check in those days. 200+ units, sold out.

But did the price went up sky high? I am not sure cos din really follow. Maybe someone can share on this.

However, I think this should be a sell out unit.

ay123
07-11-10, 14:22
If this is sell out project. The chance of capital appreciation is high. My tot is 10% increase in less than one year if it is fully sold

ay123
07-11-10, 14:25
Remember caspian price up by more than 15% in less than one n half year

rattydrama
07-11-10, 14:28
If this is sell out project. The chance of capital appreciation is high. My tot is 10% increase in less than one year if it is fully sold
10% just to cover the cost.. If want to make profit at least 15%.

kane
07-11-10, 15:03

giving a cheque is fine but I don't like the idea of stating how much I want to pay for the unit. Of course, you can give a low ball number but what's the point of that then.

Their launch date is 11 november right?

Wild Falcon
07-11-10, 15:25
10% is not worth it. It barely covers transaction costs.

kingkong1984
07-11-10, 15:42
I thought 3 years has better chance of making money

Wild Falcon
07-11-10, 15:54
Is this ballot to queue? I really hate this hard-sell method. Buying a property should be relatively stress-free. I can never imagine throwing in a chq and waiting for hours in queue and praying that someone would pick up my cheque from the lucky draw box just to walk into a showflat. And after walking out of the showflat, I would be pretty-much pressurised to make a decision on the spot because hundreds will be queuing behind me and pressed for time. That's why I prefer to buy a resale unit - own time own target, view when you're free, negotiate directly one-on-one with the agent/seller. It's less intimidating and buyers can make an informed decision not under duress.

Wild Falcon
07-11-10, 15:58
3 years 15% return lagi not worth it - minus transaction costs only 7% return and divide by 3 years means 2% return per annum. I personally think it's not a good buy at $1,050psf. All the upside has been priced in already. And Jurong Lake transformation will only complete in 2020. I'm sure there are other investments that give better return.

I thought 3 years has better chance of making money

westman
07-11-10, 16:23
Is this ballot to queue? I really hate this hard-sell method. Buying a property should be relatively stress-free. I can never imagine throwing in a chq and waiting for hours in queue and praying that someone would pick up my cheque from the lucky draw box just to walk into a showflat. And after walking out of the showflat, I would be pretty-much pressurised to make a decision on the spot because hundreds will be queuing behind me and pressed for time. That's why I prefer to buy a resale unit - own time own target, view when you're free, negotiate directly one-on-one with the agent/seller. It's less intimidating and buyers can make an informed decision not under duress.

I'vd seen the Lakefront form but not sure how it operate.
The agent told me that if developer selected my bid form, it may not necessary sell the unit at the max price.

Not really believe it will be that way. Who would not want to sell high price if buyer wiulling to pay?
:banghead:

ShadowSG
07-11-10, 16:44
I'vd seen the Lakefront form but not sure how it operate.
The agent told me that if developer selected my bid form, it may not necessary sell the unit at the max price.

Not really believe it will be that way. Who would not want to sell high price if buyer wiulling to pay?
:banghead:

My guess is that the price range stated in the form will give the developer a good gauge of the price in which the potential buyers would be willing to pay for the different unit types.

From all these data, they will most probably generate some graph to determine their pricing that can get maximum profits and buyers.

scsc
07-11-10, 17:08
Price to CREAM....
Developer love it... Yum Yum :scared-5:

My guess is that the price range stated in the form will give the developer a good gauge of the price in which the potential buyers would be willing to pay for the different unit types.

From all these data, they will most probably generate some graph to determine their pricing that can get maximum profits and buyers.

devilplate
07-11-10, 18:04
from my understanding:

u can state lower price for ur units...on that day of balloting, ur agt will book the unit for u if the released price is within ur price stated...if not, ur agt may or may not call u to chk with u....bcoz, ur agt may not have time to react or he can simply submit another chq tat matches the price. the process of balloting varies...

if u r kiasi and kiasu, submit chq and put in a low price and make sure u r there physically during the balloting...when u r given the chance to choose a unit....u can decide on the spot to take it anot.

dun like this type of arrangement, den dun submit at all lor...wait for leftovers or buy another project or resale...willing buyer willing seller mah:D

everyone dun like this idea and dun submit, den next time dun have such balloting liao lor...haha:p

scsc
07-11-10, 18:19
from my understanding:

u can state lower price for ur units...on that day of balloting, ur agt will book the unit for u if the released price is within ur price stated...if not, ur agt may or may not call u to chk with u....bcoz, ur agt may not have time to react or he can simply submit another chq tat matches the price. the process of balloting varies...

if u r kiasi and kiasu, submit chq and put in a low price and make sure u r there physically during the balloting...when u r given the chance to choose a unit....u can decide on the spot to take it anot.

dun like this type of arrangement, den dun submit at all lor...wait for leftovers or buy another project or resale...willing buyer willing seller mah:D

everyone dun like this idea and dun submit, den next time dun have such balloting liao lor...haha:p

wah.. u so experienced!

This balloting method really suck the buyer.
Only purpose is to create undue pressure for fishes to bite hard & harder..

Any idea which development in Singapore started this method?

august
07-11-10, 18:30
wah.. u so experienced!

This balloting method really suck the buyer.
Only purpose is to create undue pressure for fishes to bite hard & harder..

Any idea which development in Singapore started this method?

balloting is still better than in the not-too-distant old days of queuing system where ppl queue overnight and sometimes days or even a week ahead..

maybe next time it will be an auction system! lol

devilplate
07-11-10, 18:49
balloting is still better than in the not-too-distant old days of queuing system where ppl queue overnight and sometimes days or even a week ahead..

maybe next time it will be an auction system! lol

balloting system is quite fair in my opinion...just submit ur chq and put in a low comfy price lor....just take leave to be there when the ballot starts:D

u can hear happy buyers shouting 'YESHHHH' and clappings/cheering....quite fun mah...haha....alexis was like dat...lol:D

kane
07-11-10, 18:55
The real guys clapping and celebrating with you when you express your enthusiasm having been balloted to pick your unit are the developers behind the counter. :D

Heck, they should get you to go on stage and give you a free bottle of moet champagne to celebrate! Afterall, you paid for that champagne... :cheers1:

peterng8
07-11-10, 19:18
another round of debate and doubt on the potential of keppel site same as caspian launch last time 2 years back ....later another round of people banging the wall...:D

kane
07-11-10, 19:27
another round of debate and doubt on the potential of keppel site same as caspian launch last time 2 years back ....later another round of people banging the wall...:D

I don't doubt it'll be a success just basing on the scarcity of new projects in the area in the past year. Heck, Orchard area has more launches than Jurong East and West put together.

I'm just amused by the marketing tactics employed and how people open their hearts and wallets to the developer.

kingkong1984
07-11-10, 20:31
3 years 15% return lagi not worth it - minus transaction costs only 7% return and divide by 3 years means 2% return per annum. I personally think it's not a good buy at $1,050psf. All the upside has been priced in already. And Jurong Lake transformation will only complete in 2020. I'm sure there are other investments that give better return.

Thanks. Mass Market should be about $1000 psf now right? Centris prices should be around there also right?

scsc
07-11-10, 20:43
balloting system is quite fair in my opinion...just submit ur chq and put in a low comfy price lor....just take leave to be there when the ballot starts:D

u can hear happy buyers shouting 'YESHHHH' and clappings/cheering....quite fun mah...haha....alexis was like dat...lol:D

hmm... i'm too green to experience such hilarious anxious & funny moments.

i guest my experience is one lucky one.. Much better to go new launch during times of uncertainty.

amk
07-11-10, 21:49
Thanks. Mass Market should be about $1000 psf now right?

In 1996 ppl thought so too. :cool:

If 1000 is accepted in jurong, 1200 at amk Centro will be underpriced ;)

teddybear
07-11-10, 21:53
and any CCR property even cheapest must be >$2400 psf otherwise underpriced? :p

In 1996 ppl thought so too. :cool:

If 1000 is accepted in jurong, 1200 at amk Centro will be underpriced ;)

devilplate
07-11-10, 22:13
and any CCR property even cheapest must be >$2400 psf otherwise underpriced? :p

perception of value...

let the natural market forces be the judge:D

Komo
08-11-10, 06:11
At $1k psf it better comes with guaranteed unblocked and good view. Any investment here will probably for long haul. $1200 psf may still be achievable for good units and as the surrounding development unfold quickly. For me, if I'm considering centro, I may switch to here instead!:D

ay123
08-11-10, 08:43
10% is not worth it. It barely covers transaction costs.

if price can up by 10% in one years time, u thinki is not worth it? do u mind sharing which new project can have such return under such sentiment now? if price can increase, it means that you have park yr $ in the right place rather than buy a lower price "not sell out" project and the price remain stagnant or fall below the launch price even reach TOP? shouldnt we start to look for unpolish gem knowing that the capital appreciation is higher. if 10% can be achieve in one year, definitely the price will up further upon TOP and by that time the jurong development is also half way thru. so i think this project still have the potential for higher appreciation. Centro at $1200 w/o any development going on, is just situated at mature area. Scala also not much happening surrounding but the price is uptrending too.

mantrix
08-11-10, 09:03
if price can up by 10% in one years time, u thinki is not worth it? do u mind sharing which new project can have such return under such sentiment now? if price can increase, it means that you have park yr $ in the right place rather than buy a lower price "not sell out" project and the price remain stagnant or fall below the launch price even reach TOP? shouldnt we start to look for unpolish gem knowing that the capital appreciation is higher. if 10% can be achieve in one year, definitely the price will up further upon TOP and by that time the jurong development is also half way thru. so i think this project still have the potential for higher appreciation. Centro at $1200 w/o any development going on, is just situated at mature area. Scala also not much happening surrounding but the price is uptrending too.

yup my sentiments exactly - always look for unpolished gems (albeit after some researching) so capital appreciation is potentially much higher...look for areas that are 'immature' but about to enter the mature phase...

OLY99
08-11-10, 09:18
yup my sentiments exactly - always look for unpolished gems (albeit after some researching) so capital appreciation is potentially much higher...look for areas that are 'immature' but about to enter the mature phase...

agree......too bad i do not have enough ammo

or i will grab pne more unit!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Jadey
08-11-10, 09:30

10% is it before or after factoring purchase and selling stamp duties and selling agent commission?

OLY99
08-11-10, 10:16
my unit increase by > 33% in 1 1/2 years time (as at now). still hoping it up further thou is for own stay. so i believe the potential of keppel

kingkong1984
08-11-10, 10:40
Wow, nice returns. I guess you are one of those lucky ones still holding on to HDB. Guessed correctly? If that is the case, wait for Caspian to TOP and rent out HDB. Very good thinking right?

mygeemeel
08-11-10, 11:00
My opinion is no matter which lakeside dev you buy, you are well protected from downside elements. Transformation in phases protects you from price falls and at least for 10-20 years.

Hotels, malls, offices...are already planned. If you can afford, buy kepland. If you have limited $, buy PV. If you want new but top earlier, buy caspian. View or no views, it doesn't bother me. I just want my $ safely parked and purchased is within my means.

Other recent devs already selling more than $1000psf and they are in ulu places. So buying anything in lakeside is a major plus point. No brainer my friends.

Huat ah! :D

amk
08-11-10, 13:06
it's nice to see such enthusiasm on this 1000psf jurong project :)

in 1996 ppl thought 1k psf on 99LH projects would be a norm too. case in point, Bishan 8. It's sold out, as expected.
.. and it took 12ys to break even...

fast forward to today: Bishan 8 is still barely above 1kpsf. And it's next to a fully developed MRT interchange that's just a few stops from town, shopping mall, all the raffles schools, etc..

.. maybe I'm too old to comprehend the value in this jurong project now.... ;)

devilplate
08-11-10, 13:12

in 1996 ppl thought 1k psf on 99LH projects would be a norm too. case in point, Bishan 8. It's sold out, as expected.

fast forward to today: Bishan 8 is still barely above 1kpsf. And it's next to a fully developed MRT interchange that's just a few stops from town, shopping mall, all the raffles schools, etc..

tats was 12yrs ago dude...if old old B8 can transact at 1kpsf now....new projects at 1kpsf still safer....mabe B8 story more applicable to Scala as of now...Scala make Centro relatively cheaper now....most expensive 99LH mass market record holder now IMO:2cents:

see next yr any mass market broke scala record anot...1500psf for 3bedders in mass market? lol:D

btw, B8 whr got hit 1kpsf...:scared-5:

mygeemeel
08-11-10, 13:18
Years ago population was 3-4mil. Now 5mil and influx of liquidity and increased wealth in today's market, I think can buy lah.

Now gov control foreign population, otherwise their initial target was 6mil.

Moreover foreigners eligible to buy only condo. Landed not allowed except for sentosa units. So if have enough $, can consider lakeside area.

devilplate
08-11-10, 13:24
59 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8 #23-12
99 Yrs From 11/12/2007
$1394
$1395k
12 Oct 10

Centro almost hit 1400psf!!!!! not MM size somemore...its a good 1001sqft! which cost 1395k!!!!!!!!!!

if really like this kepland project, dun worry too much....got others bigger carrots den u...lol:D

i take back my word on scala makes centro cheaper....BOTH r equally exp!:ashamed1: :o :D

Jadey
08-11-10, 13:30
Anybody know what government is going to do with the land next to lakefront?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp2008/images/mp41.jpg

Rezoning of Lot 04211C (pt), Mukim 6, at Boon Lay Way/Lakeside Drive (http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp2008/images/mp41.jpg), from Residential Zone at a plot ratio of 3.50 (gross) to Reserve Site. (Approved on 23 February 2010)

OLY99
08-11-10, 13:37

Rezoning of Lot 04211C (pt), Mukim 6, at Boon Lay Way/Lakeside Drive (http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp2008/images/mp41.jpg), from Residential Zone at a plot ratio of 3.50 (gross) to Reserve Site. (Approved on 23 February 2010)

are u waiting for the next development? or u afraid the keppel view will be block? if waiting for next development, it will definitely more expensive than keppel. if afraid view block, buy pool view

devilplate
08-11-10, 13:39
are u waiting for the next development? or u afraid the keppel view will be block? if waiting for next development, it will definitely more expensive than keppel. if afraid view block, buy pool view

i tink they r hoping to see a shopping mall:D

Jadey
08-11-10, 13:40

no, I am curious if the government allo the site for mix commercial cum residential usage? A Lakeside Shopping Center?

OLY99
08-11-10, 13:54
no, I am curious if the government allo the site for mix commercial cum residential usage? A Lakeside Shopping Center?

wow tats wat i hope too :D :D

Komo
08-11-10, 14:05

Sometime it's about wat is coming, not wat is already there:D

bargain hunter
08-11-10, 15:54
my guess is that 1001 sq ft is actually compact 3 bedder. so for 3 bedder, that is quite MM lah. (don't use the 603 sq ft 3 bedder in geylang as benchmark hor).

59 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8 #23-12
99 Yrs From 11/12/2007
$1394
$1395k
12 Oct 10

Centro almost hit 1400psf!!!!! not MM size somemore...its a good 1001sqft! which cost 1395k!!!!!!!!!!

if really like this kepland project, dun worry too much....got others bigger carrots den u...lol:D

i take back my word on scala makes centro cheaper....BOTH r equally exp!:ashamed1: :o :D

devilplate
08-11-10, 16:00
STOCKS DAMN HOTTTTTTTTTT:D :spliff: :cheers6:

kane
08-11-10, 16:17
a prelude to their launch later this week perhaps.

i say 50% sold in 2 weeks.

itghost
08-11-10, 16:43
I'm new to SG. Can anyone tell me what is Reserve Site? And what's the change of original plan for this site?

OLY99
08-11-10, 17:06
a prelude to their launch later this week perhaps.

i say 50% sold in 2 weeks.
i guess 80%

westman
08-11-10, 17:22
I'm new to SG. Can anyone tell me what is Reserve Site? And what's the change of original plan for this site?

Before changing of original 2008, the current vacant land (next to lakefront & and facing lake) & Lakefront Residences belong to the same piece of land.

During Feb, URA cut out the Lakefront land site and offer for sales sometime in Mar, tender close in May.

As of now per zoning, it's still Residential for the vacant land.
Heard from some members here that the land had been withdrawn for some other purpose. Not sure what happened next.

I pretty doubt it will be a commercial central as traffic would be a great concern there and I think garment would not want to add more traffic inflow to that region.

IMHO, i think it will remain zoning as residential and I thought that can be a good thing for Keppel's project.

kingkong1984
08-11-10, 18:45
Mrt station lah haha

august
08-11-10, 19:28
close to mrt track and too close to station leh...

bargain hunter
08-11-10, 19:58
as u can see, i m coming in less often to this forum recently....busy...busy...busy...hehehe...:cheers3:

STOCKS DAMN HOTTTTTTTTTT:D :spliff: :cheers6:

devilplate
08-11-10, 21:46
as u can see, i m coming in less often to this forum recently....busy...busy...busy...hehehe...:cheers3:

which share forum u visit? bo jio? lol

30th Aug marks our day hor...govt give big big hint:D :cheers6:

i bet u will be back more often early next yr:p

bargain hunter
08-11-10, 21:53
no go share forum. u read sunday times yesterday? even forum guru (whom they dun even know who is he in real life) on shareinvestor.com gets reported by newspaper. and becomes famous. :doh: quality of stock forum is terrible.

30th was not enough hint rite? few days later announce the IPOs then its all so clear. :ashamed1:

which share forum u visit? bo jio? lol

30th Aug marks our day hor...govt give big big hint:D :cheers6:

i bet u will be back more often early next yr:p

BillyCutie
08-11-10, 22:52
i guess 80%
At their current asking and sold out 50%-80% within weeks !! Wow, so hot. Make recent NV Residence @ $830+ psf looks dirt cheap?? Nearer city- Centro AMK and Trevista look more attractive buys too.

Ang
08-11-10, 23:09
At their current asking and sold out 50%-80% within weeks !! Wow, so hot. Make recent NV Residence @ $830+ psf looks dirt cheap?? Nearer city- Centro AMK and Trevista look more attractive buys too.

If lakefront sells well, it will really benefit owners of surrounding condos, it's going to be a win-win for all except for those who willingly to be carroted for paying premium for such location.

rattydrama
09-11-10, 08:30
I am just thinking if it has been re-class to white site from original residentail site, then there should be something coming up? The change might suggest it could be a mixed development...something like residential cum commerical eg. shopping ctr like NTUC and with some other small shops & eateries or residential cum office?

Before changing of original 2008, the current vacant land (next to lakefront & and facing lake) & Lakefront Residences belong to the same piece of land.

During Feb, URA cut out the Lakefront land site and offer for sales sometime in Mar, tender close in May.

As of now per zoning, it's still Residential for the vacant land.
Heard from some members here that the land had been withdrawn for some other purpose. Not sure what happened next.

I pretty doubt it will be a commercial central as traffic would be a great concern there and I think garment would not want to add more traffic inflow to that region.

IMHO, i think it will remain zoning as residential and I thought that can be a good thing for Keppel's project.

westman
09-11-10, 10:44
I am just thinking if it has been re-class to white site from original residentail site, then there should be something coming up? The change might suggest it could be a mixed development...something like residential cum commerical eg. shopping ctr like NTUC and with some other small shops & eateries or residential cum office?

IMHO, Lakeside drive and Boon Lay Way junction traffic condition is already very jam and I pretty doubt it will be a white site/ Commercial. Cannot imagine the traffic condition if it turn out to have commercial present at that location. No forgetting that Caspian/Lakefront share the only exit via Lakeside Drive. Just add one more Residential project would be overloading the traffic flow and not to mention if turn out to be a mixed commercial project.

Last but not least, it does not make sense to dilute URA strategy to position Jurong Gateway as a second CBD business hub.

From my view, Lakeside district would be ideal (most likely) to position as a premium residential area for the west and Jurong Gateway would be the CBD replacement for downtown.;)

rattydrama
09-11-10, 10:54
so why the re-classification?

Can LTA widen the roads?

IMHO, Lakeside drive and Boon Lay Way junction traffic condition is already very jam and I pretty doubt it will be a white site/ Commercial. Cannot imagine the traffic condition if it turn out to have commercial present at that location. No forgetting that Caspian/Lakefront share the only exit via Lakeside Drive. Just add one more Residential project would be overloading the traffic flow and not to mention if turn out to be a mixed commercial project.

Last but not least, it does not make sense to dilute URA strategy to position Jurong Gateway as a second CBD business hub.

From my view, Lakeside district would be ideal (most likely) to position as a premium residential area for the west and Jurong Gateway would be the CBD replacement for downtown.;)

westman
09-11-10, 11:06
so why the re-classification?

Can LTA widen the roads?

Has it been re-class to whit site?

For widening the road, I think quite impossible as the band width has been stretched!

allenl
09-11-10, 12:04
Agent called me and say Friday pre launch sale will be based on cheque allocation...Guess there is no balloting...so I think response on pre-launch is not so hot?

rattydrama
09-11-10, 13:10
master plan in 2008 was for residential 3.5 plot ratio. Later this year Feb, change to open (white site?) meaning can be for anything from residential, commercial or office, soho??

Has it been re-class to whit site?

For widening the road, I think quite impossible as the band width has been stretched!

rattydrama
09-11-10, 13:11
Agent called me and say Friday pre launch sale will be based on cheque allocation...Guess there is no balloting...so I think response on pre-launch is not so hot?

not so hot after all?

ay123
09-11-10, 13:57
i don think is not hot. i bet it will be much better than NV Residence. must hear from our west specialist PeterNg. he always has 1st hand info. maybe he is also busy collecting cheque so no time to forum:D :D :D

kane
09-11-10, 14:21
if there's balloting, it's probably a few times oversubscribed. I doubt it can be that hot. but for a 50% sale, probably an orderly submission of cheque will do.

akow
09-11-10, 18:13
if there's balloting, it's probably a few times oversubscribed. I doubt it can be that hot. but for a 50% sale, probably an orderly submission of cheque will do.

From the model, swimming pool looks small, how to cope with 629 family??

westman
09-11-10, 18:30
master plan in 2008 was for residential 3.5 plot ratio. Later this year Feb, change to open (white site?) meaning can be for anything from residential, commercial or office, soho??

per my understanding, changes was due to resize.
lakefront was cut out from a big piece of land site.

EBD
09-11-10, 19:12
As someone currently living very close, can see the tiny plot from my living room, I think those making a big deal never lived with reality of staying here.

Air quality is bad and smell is bad.
Traffic of heavy goods vehicles is terrible if using corporation road to feed onto PIE or AYE.

We will keep current place, you never know how much it may appreciate regardless of being at end of Singapore in an industrial area, but can't wait to move out back downtown.

Can't believe people willing to pay $1000 psf for 99 lh when they could have grabbed D9 FH for less than that 1 year+ ago.

Wild Falcon
09-11-10, 20:04
With so much construction (new condo, MRT) in Singapore, the bad air and heavy vehicle is everywhere. There was this time while the Ion, 313, Orchard Central, Knightsbrige and Mandarin Gallery was being built, D9 Orchard Road probably had the worst air, you can literally smell and see the concrete dust floating in the air. This locality is Jurong East right near Lakeside? I think the air is pretty ok - if this is bad, then West Coast nearest to Jurong Island would be 100x worse? Sometimes, it's just perception. The grass always look greener at the other side :) At least the area is not too dense or crowded with concrete. But $1000psf for 99LH in Jurong is also not my cup of tea lah. If one really want to partake in the Jurong Lake story (which take some time to materialise), I would rather go Hillview/Upper Bukit Timah with FH condos, more exclusive, surrounded by lush greenery/nature reserves and future MRT.

As someone currently living very close, can see the tiny plot from my living room, I think those making a big deal never lived with reality of staying here.

Air quality is bad and smell is bad.
Traffic of heavy goods vehicles is terrible if using corporation road to feed onto PIE or AYE.

We will keep current place, you never know how much it may appreciate regardless of being at end of Singapore in an industrial area, but can't wait to move out back downtown.

Can't believe people willing to pay $1000 psf for 99 lh when they could have grabbed D9 FH for less than that 1 year+ ago.

sfwoo
09-11-10, 20:17
... But $1000psf for 99LH in Jurong is also not my cup of tea lah. If one really want to partake in the Jurong Lake story (which take some time to materialise), I would rather go Hillview/Upper Bukit Timah with FH condos, more exclusive, surrounded by lush greenery/nature reserves and future MRT.

I agree...the pricing is very steep, too steep for me.
And what you are buying is not commensurate with what you are paying for.
This is JURONG...Not Lake District...I have been to the real Lake District...and this JURONG LAKE DISTRICT... CMI.

ShadowSG
09-11-10, 20:50

Do you have any more photos of the model?

mcmlxxvi
09-11-10, 20:50
Singapore so small, come on, what real significant diff in air quality? Haze comes only all kena together.

mcmlxxvi
09-11-10, 20:52

This is obviously cheapskate developer maximize the units. They probably think like building container port....squeeze as much as possible.

azeoprop
09-11-10, 20:53
1000psf for jurong is simply way overpriced. :scared-1:

EBD
09-11-10, 21:33
With so much construction (new condo, MRT) in Singapore, the bad air and heavy vehicle is everywhere. There was this time while the Ion, 313, Orchard Central, Knightsbrige and Mandarin Gallery was being built, D9 Orchard Road probably had the worst air, you can literally smell and see the concrete dust floating in the air. This locality is Jurong East right near Lakeside? I think the air is pretty ok - if this is bad, then West Coast nearest to Jurong Island would be 100x worse? Sometimes, it's just perception. The grass always look greener at the other side :) At least the area is not too dense or crowded with concrete. But $1000psf for 99LH in Jurong is also not my cup of tea lah. If one really want to partake in the Jurong Lake story (which take some time to materialise), I would rather go Hillview/Upper Bukit Timah with FH condos, more exclusive, surrounded by lush greenery/nature reserves and future MRT.

If you seriously think heavy vehicle everywhere is same as the volume plowing up and down to Jurong island from PIE then I have nothing to say.

If you think chemical smell from chocolate factory & various industries is somehow comparable to other part such as downtown, also nothing to say.
One day something from the factories got leaked and all the fish were on the surface , dead. To call it a lake district is so funny if you have ever been to the lake district in England or great lakes in US.

Haze does affect everywhere, but thats a few days a year, not everyday of the year like fragrance wafting from the factories.

I lived here last 2 years vs grange road before. Zero comparison on these two items. Chose it to ride out the storm and look for bargains with no time pressure.

Anyhow moving back to D9 end of the year into FH , less than 950psf.... If only the people queuing and desperately trying to get they had more guts and prepared to do homework when the world was collapsing, only now go & buy when everything starts to turn around again & now takes more money to buy a lot less in much worse location like this.

Will never understand how people can get suckered like this and follow the herd.

Still not for me to agree or understand, just make money from the suckers who believe.......

kane
09-11-10, 22:01
how did you end up at jurong from grange??

peterng8
09-11-10, 22:04
i don think is not hot. i bet it will be much better than NV Residence. must hear from our west specialist PeterNg. he always has 1st hand info. maybe he is also busy collecting cheque so no time to forum:D :D :D

I am no agent so I will not collect cheque...but I hope people will fill in cheques and make keppel a sold out...I think some of the people who have sold their units around the area earlier before keppel launch are banging their balls now and started to curse and swear the area no good or whatever....I cannot check the response now as I will be back only next week..

akow
09-11-10, 22:20
This is obviously cheapskate developer maximize the units. They probably think like building container port....squeeze as much as possible.

So...to spend $1000psf(after discount) to have space "standing" in the pool? I thot pool is for swimming.

Also the units are very close to each other..(attached pic).

Not like FarEast project(LakeShore) across the road where the units look grand & spacious.

I suggest just go into Lakeside MRT, and see for yourself the land view from the MRT platform above, you will ask how to squeeze in 629 units plus facilities into the small plot of land??

EBD
09-11-10, 22:36
how did you end up at jurong from grange??

One of the last enblocs of 2008. Didn't practice propertism which I thought suicidal at the time........ Then bided my time as it all went sour and swooped in at the right time.

ShadowSG
09-11-10, 23:07
I am considering a 1 bedroom for investment and the allocated 1 bedroom units are units 30, 34, 35 and 36.

Unit 30 has basically no view as it is facing Blk 42 while unit 34, 35 and 36 are facing Caspian.

It's pretty tough to make a decision. Any advice on this?

peterng8
10-11-10, 06:25
I am considering a 1 bedroom for investment and the allocated 1 bedroom units are units 30, 34, 35 and 36.

Unit 30 has basically no view as it is facing Blk 42 while unit 34, 35 and 36 are facing Caspian.

It's pretty tough to make a decision. Any advice on this?

one bedroom is built in this direction and located in such a way...you can compare with studio unit of caspian...which is next to mrt track:D and need double layer noise reduction glass all round...

I think that the units mentioned are shielded from MRT noise which is a plus compared to the neighbour and the whole project is to reduced the noise from mrt as far as I see it as the blocks are separated by the facilities(tennis courst, fitness corner etc)a distance further away. So I think the keppel guys do think comfort into consideration.. :2cents:

Jadey
10-11-10, 08:02

The site is actually very small. I was told that the MRT column are also included on the site map to make the development bigger.

kingkong1984
10-11-10, 08:07
so much talk already but didn't even mention project name. Anyone has a clue?

Ang
10-11-10, 08:19
so much talk already but didn't even mention project name. Anyone has a clue?

I THOT IS....... LAKEFRONT RESIDENCE

kingkong1984
10-11-10, 08:32
Lakefront Residence, Left Right got water, very nice.

You actually turn left from main road into slip road then turn right. Very nice right?

sfwoo
10-11-10, 09:00
Lakefront Residence, Left Right got water, very nice.

You actually turn left from main road into slip road then turn right. Very nice right?

Every morning and every evening...got long tailback of vehicles right in front. But I guess LTA will put yellow box there.

august
10-11-10, 09:18
Every morning and every evening...got long tailback of vehicles right in front. But I guess LTA will put yellow box there.

take mrt lah.. is 1k psf for a reason lol :D

kingkong1984
10-11-10, 09:19

Drove pass the other day... during off peak hours, just as bad.

Centris worst which makes this look better.

Get 1 bedder, rent to PRC workers 4 person, double deck x 2 if can fit. Each collect $400 would make $1600 per month. Sounds good?

devilplate
10-11-10, 09:33
Drove pass the other day... during off peak hours, just as bad.

Centris worst which makes this look better.

Get 1 bedder, rent to PRC workers 4 person, double deck x 2 if can fit. Each collect $400 would make $1600 per month. Sounds good?

HAHAHA

650k only 1.6k pm??? keep ur cash in FD better? lol:D

3bedder max can house how many workers? can put in 15 anot? haha

sfwoo
10-11-10, 09:45
HAHAHA

650k only 1.6k pm??? keep ur cash in FD better? lol:D

3bedder max can house how many workers? can put in 15 anot? haha

Each bedroom can sleep 5, 2 double decker beds and one on the floor. Living room can house another 10. So, that makes 15+10=25 pax.

If put one on the floor in the kitchen...26. If got maid's room, plut another 2 there.

Answer: 28.