PDA

View Full Version : Casa Merah (D16, 99 yr LH, Wing Tai/NTUC)

Pages : [1] 2

joe
04-04-07, 18:36
Big plot right in front of Tanah Merah MRT. Going to be launching at $600 psf. This was the plot that was quite high profile. Let me see if I can find the article.

joe
04-04-07, 18:43
Property
Published March 14, 2006

Tanah Merah site up for sale
$130m bid triggers URA release of 2.2 hectare plot from reserve list

By ALEXANDRA HO

THE Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) yesterday launched the sale of a 2.19 hectare plot of residential land at Tanah Merah Kechil Avenue.

This comes two weeks after a bid for it at $130 million triggered the site's release from the Reserve List under the Government Land Sales Programme for the first half of this year.

The site was first made available for sale through the Reserve List system in April last year.

Located near the Tanah Merah MRT Station, the site has a 99-year leasehold tenure. With a gross plot ratio of 2.8, the site comes with a maximum gross floor area of approximately 659,343 square feet.

The URA said the winning developer could build an estimated 535 units on the site. There is a maximum height of between 49 and 52 metres above mean sea level.

'The tender for the site at Tanah Merah Kechil Avenue will attract major developers who have the experience in developing large-scale mass market residential projects,' said CB Richard Ellis's executive director of investment properties, Soon Su Lin.

'In 2005, there were no new launches of sizeable 99-year leasehold projects in the Bedok, Tampines and even Pasir Ris areas, priced at affordable levels and that cater largely to HDB upgraders or first-time home buyers. There should be some pent-up demand for affordable homes with access to MRT stations in the East of Singapore.'

Going by the minimum price of $130 million, the site works out at about $212 psf per plot ratio. Property analysts had earlier predicted bids from $200 to $250 psf.

The closing date for the site's tender is April 11, with the eventual winner based on the tendered land price only.

from http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=1751&postcount=1

"...Next up is another 99-year leasehold condominium in Tanah Merah, which will have 556 units. Choice Homes is developing the project through a joint venture with Wing Tai Holdings..."

from http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=2503&postcount=1

In April 2006, it acquired a large development site with NTUC Choice Homes in Tanah Merah and Mr Cheng says that this development, which will have around 500-units, will also be launched this year.

Unregistered
04-04-07, 18:50
Big plot right in front of Tanah Merah MRT. Going to be launching at $600 psf. This was the plot that was quite high profile. Let me see if I can find the article.

It's near Expo and University of New South Wales and SIA training centre. Heard eventually Tanah Merah MRT would be another link to Marine Parade if all bodes well.

Unregistered
05-04-07, 02:55
Wah like that all the condos around there huat liao. Tanamera Crest, etc.

orange
05-04-07, 18:35
Would be good for expat rental. Believe it or not, many Western expats are living in the area. It has become more or less expat enclave.

Unregistered
06-04-07, 01:15
Is this Casa Merah?

ahlahdin
12-04-07, 23:32
NTUC Choice Homes looking to replenish land bank

By Daryl Loo, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 12 April 2007 1909 hrs

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/7599/phpmyrais17e4cc6iy7.jpg

SINGAPORE: Property developer NTUC Choice Homes is looking to replenish its land bank to meet the anticipated growing demand for entry-level condominiums.

The co-operative will exhaust all its available sites after the launch of the 556-unit Casa Merah project this weekend.

Units at Casa Merah, which is located near the Tanah Merah MRT Station, will be made available to the public from this Saturday.

They are priced at an average of S$588 per square foot

Choice Homes said it is bullish about demand from the mass market.

More than 80 percent of its Yew Tee Residences project have been snapped up since sales began about three months ago.

Margaret Goh, CEO, NTUC Choice Homes, said: "The mass market has improved considerably and activity has picked up. This is largely due to the spill-over effect from luxury housing.

"There is a wide price gap now, between luxury and mass market housing, and hence it is deemed as more affordable, and definitely more attractive as a property purchase decision."

Choice Homes said it would now need to look at buying more land, either from the government or through collective sales as its land bank is empty.

Ms Goh said: "Casa Merah will take us right up to the end of the year. It's a sizeable development with 556 units. At the same time, we are also looking at replenishing our landbank.

"We will look out for government land sales as well as freehold collective sales sites in the market, that would answer the need of the upgrader and the mass market."

The climb in private home prices in Singapore over the past year has been driven by the high-end luxury sector.

But property analysts said there are signs of a catch-up by the mass market segment.

Nicholas Mak, Consultancy & Research Director, Knight Frank, said: "For the whole of this year, we could see the mass market recovering gradually. The reason is that HDB resale prices, especially for larger flats such as four-room and five-room flats, are picking up.

"Another reason is that the rate of family formation is also picking up. The number of marriages has actually increased from about 21,000 in 2004 to roughly above 23,000 in 2006. So with more families being formed, there will also be a larger base, a larger pool of demand for HDB flats as well as mass market condos."

According to government estimates, home prices outside the Central Region – where most mass market condos are located – climbed 2.6 percent in the first quarter.

- CNA/so

Precieux
13-04-07, 01:13
Private Preview tomorrow for NTUC Members from 12-8pm. If anyone is interested should try get the invitation note from friends/ relatives who's a member! :)

I believe some agents had also distributed some leaflets to targeted public for specific agent led private previews last week. Wonder if that has already happened or would that be on the same day?

2, 3, 3+1 & 4 bedroom units: From 947sft to 2196sft
Stylish clean-lined facade set in lush private landscape environment with panoramic view of surroundings.
Facilities: 50m free-form pool, jacuzzi, tennis courts, hot spa, bio-pond, children's pool, AV room, multi-purpose hall, etc

Madeira
13-04-07, 09:20
Wow, $588 per sq foot. Very expensive compared to some freehold development in Upper Bukit Timah and West Coast.

Unregistered
13-04-07, 17:22
I was at the preview launch just now.... it's selling very fast.... long queue for booking....quite impressive. Given the fact that it's right in front of the Tanah Merah MRT, the price is reasonable.

sounds good
13-04-07, 18:21
Definitely worth the price! Right in front of MRT. It is gonna be so convenient to travel to and from the city for work and shopping. From Casa Merah to East Coast Park also only a 5 - 7 min bus ride. I'm so definitely going to have a look at the project!

Unregistered
14-04-07, 03:27
Wah! Today 1,800 people attended the Casa Merah preview. The official launch is tomorrow. There were already more than 300 people in the queue by 12 noon when it was opened to union members today.

So far they have sold more than 200 units of total of 556 units already.

This is a sign that the property boom is filtering down to mass market projects.

mr funny
14-04-07, 04:18
Published April 14, 2007

Casa Merah condo on sale at $588 psf after 12% discount

NTUC Choice Homes and Wing Tai began selling their Casa Merah condo near Tanah Merah MRT Station yesterday at a net average price of $588 per square foot, after a 12 per cent discount.

Yesterday's preview was open to union members, business associates of the developers and members of the public who registered interest in the 99-year leasehold project. CB Richard Ellis is marketing the property.

The property is being developed through a joint venture that is 70:30 owned by NTUC Choice Homes and listed Wing Tai. It comprises two-bedders, three-bedders, three bedroom-with study and four-bedroom apartments. The cheapest two-bedder on the ground floor costs $533,000, while prices of three-bedroom apartments start from $720,000. Both prices are after discount.

camelot
15-04-07, 00:05
Anyone got any updates on this development? How's it selling?

Unregistered
16-04-07, 10:00
I heard no many left. Overall excellent response due to its more superior location than other Tanah Merah condos.

Unregistered
16-04-07, 10:29
it's selling very well ... roughly 50 units left, out of the 40 columns x 12 storeys x 4 units avail for sale... developers still holding on to 8 columns out of the 48 columns for future release... strong appeal to neighbouring old condo folks and folks living/working nearby changi hospital/ airport/ expo/ aviation areas...

v. good
16-04-07, 10:54
This is right in front of the MRT! Literally at your doorstep. Few other condos can lay claim to this distinction. There are Kovan and City Square also very near MRT, but they are different in the sense that they are located in commercial/residential area whereas Casa Merah's location is 100% pure residential. So you won't get 'undesirable' elements messing up your neighbourhood.

Unregistered
16-04-07, 11:09
The sales agent told me that the plot of land in front of Casa Merah is zoned for Commercial use.

camelot
16-04-07, 21:10
This is right in front of the MRT! Literally at your doorstep. Few other condos can lay claim to this distinction. There are Kovan and City Square also very near MRT, but they are different in the sense that they are located in commercial/residential area whereas Casa Merah's location is 100% pure residential. So you won't get 'undesirable' elements messing up your neighbourhood.

With so many units.. won't be long before you see businesses popping up to serve the new residents.

today
17-04-07, 10:37
The Straits Times today (page 3) has an article on the sales for this project. If I remember correctly, it says 400 units have been sold (out of 450 released units).

Unregistered
17-04-07, 11:39

MRT at your doorstep.. Its good only if it is an underground one like Newton, Novena or those along North east line.

Unregistered
19-04-07, 02:49
saw a few ads in ST reselling the new condo at Tanah Merah. asking above $640 psf. original price abt $600 psf. so make about 40K average for a few days of sweating and queing. good money? heard developer still have 3 blocks due for release this w'end, aasking above $700 psf. will there be takers?

Onlooker
19-04-07, 11:34
saw a few ads in ST reselling the new condo at Tanah Merah. asking above $640 psf. original price abt $600 psf. so make about 40K average for a few days of sweating and queing. good money? heard developer still have 3 blocks due for release this w'end, aasking above $700 psf. will there be takers?

This weekend?
On! Take!

camelot
19-04-07, 15:22

barely breakeven if you take into consideration the stamp duty, lawyer's fee and agent's comm.

hayata1972
20-04-07, 10:11
barely breakeven if you take into consideration the stamp duty, lawyer's fee and agent's comm.
Haha, true.:doh:

camelot
20-04-07, 20:57
i heard they managed to get $744psf so far... not sure what kinda unit.. probably a studio? also heard that the last blocks will be released tmr... they are looking to hit $800psf :scared-5:

Registered
23-04-07, 17:59
i heard they managed to get $744psf so far... not sure what kinda unit.. probably a studio? also heard that the last blocks will be released tmr... they are looking to hit $800psf :scared-5:

Have they released the last few blocks? How is it doing so far?

Bypasser
26-04-07, 16:56
Have they released the last few blocks? How is it doing so far?

I was told the project is 90% sold now with average price achieved at around $730 psf.

Daredevil
28-04-07, 23:21
University of New South Wales Asia Changi Campus (located near Expo Mrt Station) will be completed in 2009. I would imagine that this would help increase the value of properties such as Casah Merah - since Tanah Merah is the interchange for Expo Mrt.
More info at: http://sg.pagenation.com/sin/UNSW%20Asia%20Changi%20Campus_103.9618_1.3387.map

Anyone else know what else they are going to build near by? I bought a unit at Casa Merah. Was told that the strip directly in front has been earmarked for a retail development.

anti-daredevil
29-04-07, 17:25
Daredevil is either a rich man who bought sims residences, casa merah and other porperties, or he is a bloodly property agent trying to hype up these places.

Daredevil
30-04-07, 01:44
Daredevil is either a rich man who bought sims residences, casa merah and other porperties, or he is a bloodly property agent trying to hype up these places.

I believe the creators of this forum intended the sharing of knowledge,where the combined insights of everyone easily surpasses that of an individual. Having said that, having a couple of properties doesn't necessarily mean I am rich. If u read investment books, its the power of leverage (OPM - Other people's money) that makes this possible - but I am not there yet.

When you buy a piece of property, you make the profits at the TIME you buy it, not only when you sell it. I am fortunate to have bought a unit at the first launch $600 per sq ft (I have already made a profit - but I intend to keep the property and not to flip it).

BY providing everyone with the detailed info on UNSW, and making sense of how the Tanah Merah & Expo MRT are linked is a value-add and my contribution to this forum. You may not appreciate it - and call it mere hype. But others might find the info useful.

Research is key to making good investment decisions - but I alone cannot do it... if everyone pitches in and shares insights, we can all make money together.

I can understand why people are crazy about Casa Merah, because of the pent-up demand and the fact there hasn't been many new developments in that area.

(putting your generalised comments aside) For those who are genuinely interested about this development, I was told that there's going to be 2 new developments infront of the MRT - a condo (in front of East Meadows) and a retail commercial space (directly infront of casa merah).

Unregistered
30-04-07, 13:23
please do not do personal attacks and leave judgement to fellow forum users.

Unregistered
30-04-07, 13:42
MRT at your doorstep.. Its good only if it is an underground one like Newton, Novena or those along North east line.

Dun forget underground MRT means your condo carpark will have to be above ground multi story, like HDB car park.

chill out bro
30-04-07, 13:46

I appreciate Daredevil's views. While people may have divided opinions to his views, Daredevil comes across as refreshing and his unconventional arguments do add another dimension to the discussion.

I think Daredevil has fleshed out and outlined his arguments very thoughtfully, and they surely do deserve some consideration.

Peace.

Thiswebsitefullofagents
30-04-07, 14:03
Property agents like daredevil are very smart @ pretending to be a information provider. daredevil should be renamed as the 1%man is you know what i mean.

Unregistered
30-04-07, 14:13
Property agents like daredevil are very smart @ pretending to be a information provider. daredevil should be renamed as the 1%man is you know what i mean.

Hi,

If you think his opinions are rubbish, why don't you try to refute them in a civilised fashion? Instead of resorting to ad hominem attacks against his character.

I think most of us here are open to opposing views from all angles.

Daredevil
30-04-07, 14:51

For the record, I am not a property agent. Just a normal Web netizen keen to share - and keen to learn from everyone (and from what I read, there are a few experts out there).

I would gladly take my opinions elsewhere if other users feel the same way.:doh::beats-me-man:

For posting my analysis and opinions, people have insulted me by calling me names. At least, I have made a step forward...

joe
30-04-07, 15:22
Anyone else know what else they are going to build near by? I bought a unit at Casa Merah. Was told that the strip directly in front has been earmarked for a retail development.

Yes I was told also that the strip in front will have retail space for a supermarket (no prizes for guessing which one! :D ) and maybe some eateries (?). I am also interested in the existing condos nearby, The Tanamera and East Meadows, as an alternative.

seow
01-05-07, 18:51
Went to casa merah showflat, 1500+sqft the agent quote over a mil. Crazy siah. Its also a 99yrs.

Bypasser
01-05-07, 20:14
For the record, I am not a property agent. Just a normal Web netizen keen to share - and keen to learn from everyone (and from what I read, there are a few experts out there).

I would gladly take my opinions elsewhere if other users feel the same way.:doh::beats-me-man:

For posting my analysis and opinions, people have insulted me by calling me names. At least, I have made a step forward...

Relax lah! Ignore them lah.

DRSG
01-05-07, 20:21
About 50 odd units left!Underground carpark sweet.

DRSG
02-05-07, 13:52
Plot of land infront 3.0 on MasterPlan 2003.Zoned for commercial.Will it block the view of Casa Merah? which is 12 storeys only.

Unregistered
02-05-07, 13:59
Plot of land infront 3.0 on MasterPlan 2003.Zoned for commercial.Will it block the view of Casa Merah? which is 12 storeys only.

If block, even better. Who wants to see the MRT station and track?

DRSG
02-05-07, 14:02
Ya you got a point there cheers.:doh:

Daredevil
02-05-07, 21:48

It probably will. But look at it this way... there will be 2 developments in front of East Meadows and Casah Merah. One is probably going to be another condo, the other - a commercial plot. I'd rather it be the commercial plot (which is the case).

Having said that, let's do an analysis of all the MRT stations near by from Bedok to Pasir Res. Bedok, Simei, Tampines, Pasir Res all have commercial developments (and shopping centres) - all, except Tanah Merah. I think we can expect to have some kind of shopping centre / supermarket to serve the area - and we are talking about a relatively large area that covers the neighbourhood (behind Casah Merah)- and all around. Check out the area it would serve : from Simpang Bedok to Bedok Rise/Terrace/Kew to Bedok South, Upper East Coast to Bedok North St 4 area - all within walking distance
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel.php?buildingid=8870&masterid=73784&x=40241.4945&y=34357.3818&star=1&starmode=1&level=4

If we model it around Simei, Tampines or Pasir Res, we can expect a reasonable size shopping centre... but until we see which developer bought the land, we can only speculate at this point. Nevertheless, if you consider the profile of the housing residence, and the high density of private houses in the estate (semi-detached, terrace houses, bungalows too), it wouldn't be difficult for any developer to see the huge potential and sniff out the high income earners, which in turn should shape their development strategy. That, in my opinion, differentiates this from the other shopping centers targeted mainly at HDBs.

- with this kind of potential and its subseqent impact on the future valuation of Casah Merah, it would be a small price to pay in not being able to see the MRT station. Just my 2 cents.

Madeira
02-05-07, 22:36
Went to casa merah showflat, 1500+sqft the agent quote over a mil. Crazy siah. Its also a 99yrs.
OMFG!:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

verbatin
02-05-07, 23:18
Daredevil,

I rather get a Freehold at Geylang (refer to your thread on geylang properties) at a cheaper price.

this one is 99 yr only. one year depreciation is easily more than 5k!

---

It probably will. But look at it this way... there will be 2 developments in front of East Meadows and Casah Merah. One is probably going to be another condo, the other - a commercial plot. I'd rather it be the commercial plot (which is the case).

Having said that, let's do an analysis of all the MRT stations near by from Bedok to Pasir Res. Bedok, Simei, Tampines, Pasir Res all have commercial developments (and shopping centres) - all, except Tanah Merah. I think we can expect to have some kind of shopping centre / supermarket to serve the area - and we are talking about a relatively large area that covers the neighbourhood (behind Casah Merah)- and all around. Check out the area it would serve : from Simpang Bedok to Bedok Rise/Terrace/Kew to Bedok South, Upper East Coast to Bedok North St 4 area - all within walking distance
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel.php?buildingid=8870&masterid=73784&x=40241.4945&y=34357.3818&star=1&starmode=1&level=4

If we model it around Simei, Tampines or Pasir Res, we can expect a reasonable size shopping centre... but until we see which developer bought the land, we can only speculate at this point. Nevertheless, if you consider the profile of the housing residence, and the high density of private houses in the estate (semi-detached, terrace houses, bungalows too), it wouldn't be difficult for any developer to see the huge potential and sniff out the high income earners, which in turn should shape their development strategy. That, in my opinion, differentiates this from the other shopping centers targeted mainly at HDBs.

- with this kind of potential and its subseqent impact on the future valuation of Casah Merah, it would be a small price to pay in not being able to see the MRT station. Just my 2 cents.

Unregistered
03-05-07, 12:54
Daredevil,

I rather get a Freehold at Geylang (refer to your thread on geylang properties) at a cheaper price.

---

In a flat market, yes. But the market is rising.....

DRSG
03-05-07, 13:01
Daredevil,

---

You forgot the 1st law on buying properties.Location...

Unregistered
03-05-07, 22:23
ya geylang is a good location :p
so near to city and many good food

You forgot the 1st law on buying properties.Location...

Geylang
03-05-07, 22:29
Geylang is a place or sex and good food. That is all. Nothing else is there.

Curious
03-05-07, 22:37
Geylang is a place or sex and good food. That is all. Nothing else is there.

What project in 16 is launching after Casa Merah?

Unregistered
15-05-07, 22:34
Congratulations! Casa Merah is 100% SOLD as at 14 May 2007.

Daredevil
17-05-07, 21:56
Congratulations! Casa Merah is 100% SOLD as at 14 May 2007.

Thanx for the news. BTW, I almost fell off my chair when I returned from a business trip and was told by my wife that my agent called up and asked if we were willing to sell our Casa Merah unit (1384 sq ft) for $750 sq ft. We bought it at the first launch price of $590 sq ft.

So fellow investors out there, should I sell or hold on? Pls offer your recommendations...

My usual investment strategy is to hold a property for long term and go for rental income. In this case, my target price was $750 sq ft to be reached by 2010 TOP - i.e 2 yrs time. But ironically, it reached this target price in only 2 month after I bought it. Opinions pls.

biggie biggie
17-05-07, 23:03
Congrats Daredevil!

My opinion is that you should sell at what you think is the peak. Rental income from suburban condos are not promising when the downturn comes around.

Just my $0.02.

Thanx for the news. BTW, I almost fell off my chair when I returned from a business trip and was told by my wife that my agent called up and asked if we were willing to sell our Casa Merah unit (1384 sq ft) for $750 sq ft. We bought it at the first launch price of $590 sq ft.

So fellow investors out there, should I sell or hold on? Pls offer your recommendations...

My usual investment strategy is to hold a property for long term and go for rental income. In this case, my target price was $750 sq ft to be reached by 2010 TOP - i.e 2 yrs time. But ironically, it reached this target price in only 2 month after I bought it. Opinions pls.

Unregistered
17-05-07, 23:03

Did the agent say if buyers are willing to buy at $750psf tho? Many times agents will tempt you to allow them to market yr unit exclusively.

Daredevil
17-05-07, 23:21
Did the agent say if buyers are willing to buy at $750psf tho? Many times agents will tempt you to allow them to market yr unit exclusively.

The agent is a friend of mine - and there is already a prospective buyer looking at it... I checked the classified ads. Looks like $750 psf is now the asking price for Casah Merah...

I welcome more recommendations. Sell or hold?

DRSG
18-05-07, 00:06
I will hold till the plot of land infront is offered for sale.Is a commercial plot.It will be > 800psf if they build a shopping centre there.:2cents: :2cents:

Unregistered
18-05-07, 00:28
The agent is a friend of mine - and there is already a prospective buyer looking at it... I checked the classified ads. Looks like $750 psf is now the asking price for Casah Merah...

I welcome more recommendations. Sell or hold?

Those are asking prices, sellers can ask for high prices, but can it be sold??
If there is a prospective buyer willing to buy at that price. I will go for it, make a cool 200K gross profit, that is 120% ROI. Anyway $750 psf is your target price. It hit your target. Then you should sell. Don't be greedy. That is my personal opinion.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 00:43
you brought to stay or for investment?
For investment, have 100% profit, sell.
To stay, have 100% profit, aslo sell. Then buy next door condo tanamera crescent, it is much cheaper.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 08:47

Pls lah, business trip to sentosa right? Go there and try to sell some units there right? You property agent. Pretend, pretend, pretend. All your type of agents really make me sick. Like to hype, hype and hype. DAREDEVIL is number 1 play act. Your acting skills very good for mediacorp.
Which agency you from? I should recommend you for top agent.
Good job!

Daredevil
18-05-07, 10:52
Pls lah, business trip to sentosa right? Go there and try to sell some units there right? You property agent. Pretend, pretend, pretend. All your type of agents really make me sick. Like to hype, hype and hype. DAREDEVIL is number 1 play act. Your acting skills very good for mediacorp.
Which agency you from? I should recommend you for top agent.
Good job!
Folks, I normally don't like to respond to groundless accusations. Saying that I am a property agent is an insult to me. My observations come from the fact that part of my current job involves analysis. I am putting my years of experience into good use - and hoping to learn from others as well.

And I am sick of hearing people conclude that I am a property agent. I only recently started to focus on real estate investments.

All I have been getting is crap and insults. But comments/contributions from serious investors keep me coming back.

If you don't like what I post, IGNORE IT.

Unregistered
18-05-07, 11:15
DareDevil,

Please ignore the noise. Your contribution has been top notch so far

lame
18-05-07, 11:18
The property agent has responded. Wow, what a fast reply, you must be an agent on duty in Casa merah righttttt.... hanging around waiting for bait and chatting on the net plus look at this website

lame.
18-05-07, 11:19
worst part, pretend and use unregistered and support himself, what a lame prick DAREDEVIL is.

Unregistered to lame
18-05-07, 16:55
I was the unregistered guy.

your nick reflects who you are.

Unregistered
25-05-07, 13:03
Will the price of Casa Merah drop since no more rental potential from UNSW students?

Vested
25-05-07, 13:14
It will go up irrespective of UNSW.Once the plot infront put up for tender,price will rocket.

trump
25-05-07, 23:23
i think u can hold on for awhile unless you are thinking of flipping to a FH unit with yr bigger cash pool. I wouldnt hold a 99 yr beyond 10 yrs.

I bought a 99yr in 1999 near Clementi at $460K when it was 2 yrs old. The original owner bought for $720k!!! so i thought sure cannot lose money since i bought at the bottom of the asian crisis. i cut loss in 2002 at $410K! even today it is slightly above $500K when new 99 yrs in West Coast/buona vista are calling $800-900k.

i now avoid 99 yr cos if i get the timing of the mkt wrong (which i didnt think i wld in 1999) i will suffer time decay of value. with FH i can ride it out and if it is in a good location some developer will en bloc me.

Unregistered
25-05-07, 23:34
i think u can hold on for awhile unless you are thinking of flipping to a FH unit with yr bigger cash pool. I wouldnt hold a 99 yr beyond 10 yrs.

I bought a 99yr in 1999 near Clementi at $460K when it was 2 yrs old. The original owner bought for $720k!!! so i thought sure cannot lose money since i bought at the bottom of the asian crisis. i cut loss in 2002 at $410K! even today it is slightly above $500K when new 99 yrs in West Coast/buona vista are calling $800-900k.

i now avoid 99 yr cos if i get the timing of the mkt wrong (which i didnt think i wld in 1999) i will suffer time decay of value. with FH i can ride it out and if it is in a good location some developer will en bloc me.

I thought many of the en bloc deals in recent months were about 99 yr-old condos? I think the issue of leasehold and freehold are not nearly as important as location. A friend of fine bought an unit 99-leashold condos at district 5 in 2004 and has just sold off for 100% gain. One reason it rises so sharply is because it is several developers show interest in en bloc. If you pay attention to the recent ad, you should notice many 99-leasehold old condos are asking for more (psf) than newer condos including the frrehold because they are prime candidates for en bloc and punters are willing to jump in and ended up pushing the price up quite sharply in just a few months.

The golden rule in property everywhere has not changed much, it is still about: location, location and location..

land sale
15-06-07, 00:18
14 June 2007

Government Land Sales Programme for Private Residential, Commercial and Hotel Development for the Second Half of 2007

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2007/pr07-57.html

One residential site on the Reserve List is located between Casa Merah and the Tanah Merah MRT station.

The map in PDF format is located at:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2007/pr07-57a24.pdf

Unregistered
15-06-07, 23:45
Aiyah come to the worst, stay myself lor. Fundamentals are good what, near MRT, near future NTUC, near Expo. Queit surroundings. Good quality of life lah.

Dreamer
16-06-07, 11:53
This is probably a step by gov to increase the population in this area inorder to support the launch of commercial site later.

Unregistered
16-06-07, 13:02
This is probably a step by gov to increase the population in this area inorder to support the launch of commercial site later.

Or rather slow down the price increase before no one can afford a condo anymore.

DRSG
16-06-07, 14:05
Or rather slow down the price increase before no one can afford a condo anymore.

Slow down!You're dead wrong.It will go up and up.It feeds the frenzy.:tongue3:

Unregistered
16-06-07, 14:52
are you guys still at denial state ? gosh.. wake up !!!

DRSG
16-06-07, 14:55
They are waiting for 1996.:banghead:

Unregistered
16-06-07, 15:05
They are waiting for 1996.:banghead:

dun understand.... why 1996?

DRSG
16-06-07, 15:10
waiting for crash to happen .

Unregistered
16-06-07, 18:39
dun understand.... why 1996?
That is the time when the market start to slow down... The actual year is 1997 not 1996.

Market Crash
18-06-07, 10:41
That is the time when the market start to slow down... The actual year is 1997 not 1996.

It will happen again.
Get ready.
2017 is the year for the big crash!
Crash! Crash! Crash!
2017! 2017! 2017!

Unregistered
21-06-07, 23:45
It will happen again.
Get ready.
Crash! Crash! Crash!
2017! 2017! 2017!
Base on what!!!!! ten years from now????? than better now, still have ten years to earn

Unregistered
22-06-07, 02:26
trump - i think it doesnt matter whether leasehold or freehold if you intend to stay for good... enbloc opportunity will come when the time is ripe irregardless of tenure...as long as you've the stamina to hold....... plus with the recent gap up between leasehold and freehold, those that fit comfortably into the buyers' pockets will likely be leasehold... smart buyers who dont want to be drag down by larger/longer mortgage would also go for leasehold...

regarding the empty plot in the tanah merah stretch...frankly, the commercial potential has drastically trimmed now that the more suitable one is zoned for residential.... nevertheless, it doesnt reduce the appeal of casa merah and nearby projects though it increases their competition with another new kid coming to the block soon....... so it may be a blessing for those who already bought into these projects and could ride on the new wave created by the next new kid.. but honestly, from an investment point of view, i would recommend those to stay away from these suburban stretch cos experiences tell us they'll take longer to recover.... since they're so far away from the heart centre... for alternatives, u can buzz me for ideas .........

Unregistered
06-04-08, 17:24
It will happen again.
Get ready.
Crash! Crash! Crash!
2017! 2017! 2017!

Agree, Crash Crash Crash.

Then U???

Die Die Die

Unregistered
06-04-08, 17:39
Agree, Crash Crash Crash.

Then U???

Die Die Die
According to quite a few "experts" on this board the cannons are still booming. I just hope they are not confusing it with the big thuds of speculators jumping from high rises.

baywater
15-05-08, 15:50
I like to sell my 3 bdrm Blk 68 mid flr. Any agents out there with potential buyer pls let me know. Thanks.

wait long long
15-05-08, 21:03
I like to sell my 3 bdrm Blk 68 mid flr. Any agents out there with potential buyer pls let me know. Thanks.
Wait long long man. The selling line for Casa Merah is very long.

Unreg¡stered
15-05-08, 23:29
Wait long long man. The selling line for Casa Merah is very long.
You mean all these chairs and tissue papers are also counted? Talk cock!

baywater
15-05-08, 23:46
It all depends on the asking price.

Dump and run
16-05-08, 03:04
Sorry NO takers. Speculators being burned. Dump and run.

PptyHunt
16-05-08, 03:26
It all depends on the asking price.

What roughly the asking price?

baywater
16-05-08, 09:23
Asking $790psf. Blk 68 stack 35 is one of the prime four blocks to release at the last phase. Burnt wat! Nim peh wu $, li kao peh si mi lan...

Stuck
16-05-08, 09:41
Wu $ still speculate.... serve you right! It is ppl like you that keeps putting artificial pressure on the prices to go up and put real ppl with real need from owning a house.

Unreg¡stered
16-05-08, 11:44
Sorry NO takers. Speculators being burned. Dump and run.
Moron, what about the non-speculators?

Unreg¡stered
16-05-08, 11:45
Wu $ still speculate.... serve you right! It is ppl like you that keeps putting artificial pressure on the prices to go up and put real ppl with real need from owning a house.
Moron, go back to your Mental Institute. There is no speculator here.

dead dead dead!
16-05-08, 11:57
Finally the crash is coming!

Gentlemen get ready to pick and choose!

rise rise rise!
16-05-08, 12:15
Finally the surge is here again!

Gentlemen get ready to fly!

Unreg¡stered
16-05-08, 12:17
Finally the crash is coming!

Gentlemen get ready to pick and choose!

Finally the surge is here again!

Gentlemen get ready to fly!
You 2 fúckers, go back to your hospital.
This is a forum for discussion - not for you to post your sick craps!

Unregistered.
16-05-08, 14:22
Those not interested in buying...is like 'If you dun believe in oral sex, keep your ****ing mouth shut'..

Unregistered.
16-05-08, 14:30

You must be a small timer, go play with marbles.. Wu $ then can speculate mah. Bo $ speculate what? Always wasting your time going showflat and act like big timer but never buy arh! Then come here and talk cock sing song. Please la...

Unregistered too
16-05-08, 15:07
You must be a small timer, go play with marbles.. Wu $ then can speculate mah. Bo $ speculate what? Always wasting your time going showflat and act like big timer but never buy arh! Then come here and talk cock sing song. Please la...

And you are a big timer yourselves? with cash to burn?

27-05-08, 10:50
And you are a big timer yourselves? with cash to burn?

think its call cash to transfer.:)

Unreg
12-06-08, 16:30
Hi,

Hear my friend saying that there are quite a numbers of units going on sale for casah merah.

Thought of getting a unit for my own stay, any idea what is the current asking price? Two months ago I did an enquiry but find price too high at that time

12-06-08, 22:56
Hi,

Hear my friend saying that there are quite a numbers of units going on sale for casah merah.

Thought of getting a unit for my own stay, any idea what is the current asking price? Two months ago I did an enquiry but find price too high at that time

since your reason is to buy for stay, any specific reason why u pick this project?

D16 CASA MERAH 60 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 04-17 APT 1,550 $750 17/03/2008 $1,162,500 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 50 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 11-04 APT 1,389 $601 22/02/2008 $834,240 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 70 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 08-37 APT 947 $628 04/01/2008 $595,140 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 50 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 11-04 APT 1,389 $749 28/12/2007 $1,039,900 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 52 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 04-08 APT 1,227 $708 19/12/2007 $869,000 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 60 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 02-17 APT 1,550 $720 26/11/2007 $1,116,000 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 62 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 04-21 APT 1,550 $761 12/11/2007 $1,180,000 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 70 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 09-37 APT 947 $631 06/11/2007 $597,870 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 64 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 03-26 APT 947 $676 05/11/2007 $640,000 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 50 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 07-02 APT 1,356 $715 29/10/2007 $970,000 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 56 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 04-13 APT 1,216 $730 19/10/2007 $888,000 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 62 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 06-22 APT 1,259 $663 19/10/2007 $835,120 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 62 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 08-22 APT 1,259 $745 05/10/2007 $938,000 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 70 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 08-37 APT 947 $734 29/09/2007 $695,000 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 72 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 06-41 APT 947 $635 28/09/2007 $601,510 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 70 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 07-37 APT 947 $697 14/09/2007 $660,000 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 54 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 10-11 APT 1,238 $629 10/09/2007 $778,050 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 66 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 05-31 APT 1,216 $605 10/09/2007 $736,200 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 66 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 03-31 APT 1,216 $650 22/08/2007 $790,400 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 62 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 06-21 APT 1,572 $770 17/08/2007 $1,210,440 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 70 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 09-37 APT 947 $697 13/08/2007 $660,000 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006
D16 CASA MERAH 70 TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVE 11-37 APT 947 $638 07/08/2007 $604,240 99 YRS FR 11/07/2006

Unreg
13-06-08, 00:14
Hi,

It is near my parent's place, that's why. Hmmm, wonder if it is possible to get a 3 room at $650. Friends keep asking me to get condo in simei instead. eg tropical sping

13-06-08, 09:42
$650psf @ casa merah is not possible at the moment... and wouldnt advise u to take up any there at current rate...

is transport an issue? that'd determine yr range of choices in those localities.. any likelihood to move again the next 10 years? if yes, and no transport issue, look at the cheaper psf and yet relatively more conveniently located ones.. purpose is to minimise downside investment risks..neighbourhood mass market projects sold at those high psf rates can bring woes and regrets later... if u wish to discuss, feel free to skype me @ neelee737

ER
13-06-08, 10:31
$650psf @ casa merah is not possible at the moment... and wouldnt advise u to take up any there at current rate...

is transport an issue? that'd determine yr range of choices in those localities.. any likelihood to move again the next 10 years? if yes, and no transport issue, look at the cheaper psf and yet relatively more conveniently located ones.. purpose is to minimise downside investment risks..neighbourhood mass market projects sold at those high psf rates can bring woes and regrets later... if u wish to discuss, feel free to skype me @ neelee737

I agree with 737. I almost wanted to buy Casa as well. But the prices asked is simply out of the reality. One big factor is the location, which is just 5 mins to the MRT but the prices asked simply outweight the factor.

Out of patient liao
13-06-08, 12:01
I agree with 737. I almost wanted to buy Casa as well. But the prices asked is simply out of the reality. One big factor is the location, which is just 5 mins to the MRT but the prices asked simply outweight the factor.
Yesterday Chanel U News said market slow down a lot. but how come the property prices have not started to drop yet?

ER
13-06-08, 12:24
Yesterday Chanel U News said market slow down a lot. but how come the property prices have not started to drop yet?

Perhaps take a gamble and wait till closer to TOP. By then, if market have not recover. These current owners will be forced to lower their asking price to get rid. But buyers unlikely to win big as the IRs and the F1 will fuel the belief, whether real or otherwise, that the demand for houses will still be there. In property market, buying a house will always be a gamble.

Unregistered 0000000
13-06-08, 14:50
we have three house, all in east.

Prophet
13-06-08, 19:41
Perhaps take a gamble and wait till closer to TOP. By then, if market have not recover. These current owners will be forced to lower their asking price to get rid. But buyers unlikely to win big as the IRs and the F1 will fuel the belief, whether real or otherwise, that the demand for houses will still be there. In property market, buying a house will always be a gamble.

There will be another property hike soon, higher than 2007, just wait and see...

16-06-08, 01:03
There will be another property hike soon, higher than 2007, just wait and see...

what's the basis of yr prohphecy?

Out of patient liao=> remember the bell-shape curve... price dropped wont be that fast... it'll take many months (into years) to pan out the whole thing (eg. the late 90s crisis, property prices hit bottom only around 02/03).. those hoping for a bargain buy must have patience.. maybe when a large majority of new projects top... those with really loose funds seeking to invest may still do so now, with the extra hunting time, bargaining power and the advantage of seeing the finished products and gain from rentals...

Unreg
16-06-08, 03:53

What do you all think should be the reasonable price for Casa Merah? Any idea around which qtr of 2009 will the TOP be?

I don't know much on property pricing. However, I do know that the unstable share price and increasing of food/petrol/inflation plays a part in keeping people cautious on spending esp big ticket item.

Because of US sub-prime crisis, many people has started to be more cautious on purchasing over-priced property. We don't want to end up in a situation where we have problem in prepaying our mortage yet we cannot sell the condo because the price offer was way too low.

Casawhat
19-06-08, 00:19
What do you all think should be the reasonable price for Casa Merah? Any idea around which qtr of 2009 will the TOP be?

I don't know much on property pricing. However, I do know that the unstable share price and increasing of food/petrol/inflation plays a part in keeping people cautious on spending esp big ticket item.

Because of US sub-prime crisis, many people has started to be more cautious on purchasing over-priced property. We don't want to end up in a situation where we have problem in prepaying our mortage yet we cannot sell the condo because the price offer was way too low.

You want to pay money to buy the casawhatever... you know when this place had a preview it sold at like 600 lower plus per sq feet now these people asking for 700 Plus. Just go property guru.com and check you will see everyday there are so many units... TOP is like perhaps in August 09 lor or maybe Sept so sure third quater. If all of them cant sell dont you think they will start to dump.... Have patience anyways you cant have any rental income or anything so not losing anything.

ER
19-06-08, 10:58

For a typical unit about 1,000 sq. A reasonable price I will pay now is about $650 psf. Other than the privity to MRT, there is nothing else i will consider very great...

Unreg
19-06-08, 13:01
You want to pay money to buy the casawhatever... you know when this place had a preview it sold at like 600 lower plus per sq feet now these people asking for 700 Plus. Just go property guru.com and check you will see everyday there are so many units... TOP is like perhaps in August 09 lor or maybe Sept so sure third quater. If all of them cant sell dont you think they will start to dump.... Have patience anyways you cant have any rental income or anything so not losing anything.

Thanks for advise. Current asking price is way too high for me. shall buy only if price is range from 600 to 650 psf.

FutureResident
22-06-08, 04:13
Only the first few phases launched are 600+psf. Some prime blocks like blk 60,68,70,72(Depending on stacks also) are released at the last phase averaging $700+ psf. So don't get your facts wrong. Unless you get a desperate seller who owes loan shark money, you will never be able to buy it at $600psf (Negative equity ???) So those good stacks asking for $750-$780 after minusing stamp duty, I reckon they will earn about max $30k-$50k. That's all.

FutureResident
22-06-08, 04:26
There are too many, what we called 'Retail Buyer' out there now. Property cooling period, dun buy, when market pick up, then start to join queue and buy, how to make money!!!! Casa Merah prime block has bank indicative valuation now at $1.05mil for a 3bdrm 1227sqft at Block 68. However, seller only asking about $950k.

Those praying for market to drop further may be disappointed as news that gov't has cancelled many land sales 3 days ago in Business Times shows that our gov't acknowledge the fact the property price has dropped since the peak of 07'. And will like to maintain the current price level now. So any positive sentiments will only drive the price up North from now onwards. That's my bet. So is it time to buy now where the seller is still in the panic mood? You decide. But dun wait to long for the sentiments to pick up....

Unreg
27-06-08, 10:50
Is the price coming down a little. I went to property guru, some of the 1,227 (3 rm) unit are asking for around 850K

Some told me to hold the purchase till TOP, hoping will have a better deal.

ER
27-06-08, 12:39
Is the price coming down a little. I went to property guru, some of the 1,227 (3 rm) unit are asking for around 850K

Yeah... but don't forget many buyers are also waiting just like yourself ... so in fact the price will go up close to TOP.

Unregistered123
27-06-08, 13:26
There are too many, what we called 'Retail Buyer' out there now. Property cooling period, dun buy, when market pick up, then start to join queue and buy, how to make money!!!! Casa Merah prime block has bank indicative valuation now at $1.05mil for a 3bdrm 1227sqft at Block 68. However, seller only asking about $950k.

Those praying for market to drop further may be disappointed as news that gov't has cancelled many land sales 3 days ago in Business Times shows that our gov't acknowledge the fact the property price has dropped since the peak of 07'. And will like to maintain the current price level now. So any positive sentiments will only drive the price up North from now onwards. That's my bet. So is it time to buy now where the seller is still in the panic mood? You decide. But dun wait to long for the sentiments to pick up....
MARKET SNAPSHOT: U.S. Stocks Plunge; Worst June For Dow Since 1930

U.S. stocks fell sharply Thursday with the blue-chip index enduring its worst June so far since 1930, and plunging to its lowest finish since Sept. 11, 2006, after getting slammed hard as crude soared to new highs and Goldman Sachs disparaged U.S. brokers and advised selling General Motors Corp.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI) tumbled 358.41 points, or 3%, to 11, 453.42, leaving it down nearly 1,200 points, or 9.4%, for the month, with two trading days yet to go. As things stand, the month is the worst June so far since 1930 when the index declined 17.72%.

"It was the middle of March that the Bear Stearns debacle became public, sending the Dow to a low of 11,731. That level was broken within the first minute of trading today," wrote Kathy Lien, chief strategist of DailyFX.com.

Singapore stocks opened lower with the benchmark Straits Times Index (STI) down 56.81 points, or 1.9 per cent, to 2,924.14, at the opening.

Unreg
27-06-08, 13:51
I agreed that the economy is not well. Many companies has started to activate their bank loan facilities with the bank. If US economy going down trend, it will take about 6 months for Singaporeans to feel the impact.

However, for people who work in Finance line, they probably start to feel the downtrend now because of the price hike.

Unreg¡stered
01-07-08, 14:38

Everything got up and down one lah.

Market came down in Q4 '07.
It is now going up from Q2 '08.

Just a cycle. No big deal.
The biggie is most people are slow in catching the cycle.

Published June 27, 2008

Ho Bee's robust sales prompt more launches

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

SOME developers are riding on the pick-up in home-buying mood created by Ho Bee's Dakota Residences preview last week to launch their own projects.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2008-06-27/BT_IMAGES_CRCLOVER27.jpg
Upbeat: Sim Lian Grp has sold about 100 units of the Clover By The Park condo since its Wednesday preview

Mainboard-listed Sim Lian Group, for one, has sold about 100 units of its Clover By The Park condo at Bishan St 22 since it began previewing the development on Wednesday at an average price of $750 psf.

Next to Kovan MRT Station, an outfit controlled by UOB-Kay Hian star stockbroker pair Han Seng Juan and David Loh Kim Kang is getting ready to release its 512-unit condo, according to industry sources.

BT understands that Centurion Kovan, which is developing the project, plans to preview the condo soon to 'remisier friends' of Messrs Han and Loh. There are also plans to preview the condo overseas, including China. The average price is expected to be in the $850-900 psf range.

The duo bought the 189,812 sq ft site at a state tender in October last year for around $436 psf per plot ratio.

Over in Bishan, Sim Lian is developing two 39-storey blocks with a total of 616 units for the Clover By The Park condo. The first phase released earlier this week comprises one tower with 308 units. It is near good schools like Catholic High (within 1 km), Ai Tong Primary School and Raffles Institution. 'Clover By The Park features three-bedroom and four-bedroom units to luxurious penthouses and suites of six bedrooms,' Sim Lian said in a release yesterday.

Ho Bee has sold 95 units at Dakota Residences since last Friday. The average price is $976 psf. All three projects are 99-year leasehold.

Unregistered..
02-07-08, 12:31
Hi property hunters. I got a unit to sell Blk 68 stack 36 high floor (above 6). Asking $859k nett. Anyone interested can sms me 81896966

ptyhunter
02-07-08, 14:05
Hi property hunters. I got a unit to sell Blk 68 stack 36 high floor (above 6). Asking $859k nett. Anyone interested can sms me 81896966

What is the PSF? Miss the launch last time.

Unreg
04-07-08, 13:17
Hi all experts,

Just rec'd a quote from the agent, $800K for a mid floor, 3 bedroom unit facing MRT, do you think it is worthwhile considering?

Unregistered2
06-07-08, 16:32
What is the PSF? Miss the launch last time.
when launch about 650 per sq feet only... now people dumping before TOP...

CasaMerah
06-07-08, 16:40
Hi all experts,

Just rec'd a quote from the agent, $800K for a mid floor, 3 bedroom unit facing MRT, do you think it is worthwhile considering?

Yes, given the location.

Unreg
06-07-08, 23:19
Do not intend to buy that unit at $800K, heard waterfront wave reducing price, going to go down and take alook.

Unregistered 34
07-07-08, 12:11

We're all in a property bubble.. all those speculators who "bought" their units with the deferred payment scheme would start crapping their pants with the development nearing TOP.. (that's why you see the case above of seller asking $0.95mil when bank indicative valuation is at $1.05mil)

This following the Greater Fool Theory..it portrays property bubbles as driven by the behavior of optimistic market participants (the fools) who buy overvalued assets in anticipation of selling it to other speculators (the greater fools) at a much higher price. This property bubble will end only when the greater fool becomes the greatest fool who pays the top price for the overvalued asset and can no longer find another buyer to pay for it at a higher price..

Unreg
10-07-08, 17:08
Someone told me that #09-36 was sold for $859K, went to Nation property website but cannot find that transaction.

Can anyone tell me where else to check updated transacted price or any agent here that can confirm if this is true?

Unreg
14-07-08, 09:23
Someone told me that #09-36 was sold for $859K, went to Nation property website but cannot find that transaction.

Can anyone tell me where else to check updated transacted price or any agent here that can confirm if this is true?

Just realised that the agent actually lied to me that #09-36 being sold. Saw in Sat classified ad that this unit is still avaliable.

Unreg¡stered
14-07-08, 10:46
We're all in a property bubble.. all those speculators who "bought" their units with the deferred payment scheme would start crapping their pants with the development nearing TOP.. (that's why you see the case above of seller asking $0.95mil when bank indicative valuation is at $1.05mil)

This following the Greater Fool Theory..it portrays property bubbles as driven by the behavior of optimistic market participants (the fools) who buy overvalued assets in anticipation of selling it to other speculators (the greater fools) at a much higher price. This property bubble will end only when the greater fool becomes the greatest fool who pays the top price for the overvalued asset and can no longer find another buyer to pay for it at a higher price..
Fool, those idiots have already dumped their units lah.

The one currently holding the DPS units are the ones that bought for stay and they are no longer on DPS.

You got follow the dumping (aka exchange) action or not?

evonfrances
23-07-08, 18:04
can u please use http://www.nationproperty.sg/ as a guideline. i hope u wont be conned by that agent offering 800psf to u.

What?
24-07-08, 10:37
Fool, those idiots have already dumped their units lah.

The one currently holding the DPS units are the ones that bought for stay and they are no longer on DPS.

You got follow the dumping (aka exchange) action or not?
How would I know? The newspaper reports implied not a single soul has dumped their DPS unit what. They should specify how many DPS units have changed hands. It's the newspapers' fault - not mine.

Unreg
07-08-08, 15:06
Hi,

Anyone has the info on the recent sales on Casa Merah, preferably the unit no. and the price.

Thanks

Real Estate Pundit
08-08-08, 00:30
#01-17___1819___673___$1,225,000___15 Jul 08
#08-16___1238___700___$866,600_____14 Jul 08
#08-32___1302___750___$976,500_____08 Jul 08
#11-38____947___734___$695,000_____02 Jun 08
#12-37____947___750___$710,000_____21 May 08
#04-17___1550___750___$1,162,500___17 Mar 08
#11-04___1389___749___$1,039,900___28 Dec 08
#04-08___1227___708___$869,000_____19 Dec 07
#02-17___1550___720___$1,116,00_____26 Nov 07
#04-21___1550___761___$1,180,000___12 Nov 07
#03-26____947___676___$640,000_____05 Nov 07
#07-02___1356___715___$970,000_____29 Oct 07
#04-13___1216___730___$888,000_____19 Oct 07
#06-22___1259___663___$835,120_____19 Oct 07
#08-22___1259___745___$938,000_____05 Oct 07
#08-37____947___734___$695,000_____29 Sep 07

Real Estate Pundit
08-08-08, 00:37
Just realised that the agent actually lied to me that #09-36 being sold. Saw in Sat classified ad that this unit is still avaliable.

Dear Unreg,

As you can see from the above sub-sale caveats i have above, you can see that there were very few units sold between October 07 till present and certainly no #09-36!

What's is your rush? Not TOP yet, wait for TOP then you can physically see the inside of the unit. If the layout is good, you can still pay asking price.

crap
08-08-08, 00:37
#01-17___1819___673___$1,225,000___15 Jul 08
#08-16___1238___700___$866,600_____14 Jul 08
#08-32___1302___750___$976,500_____08 Jul 08
#11-38____947___734___$695,000_____02 Jun 08
#12-37____947___750___$710,000_____21 May 08
#04-17___1550___750___$1,162,500___17 Mar 08
#11-04___1389___749___$1,039,900___28 Dec 08
#04-08___1227___708___$869,000_____19 Dec 07
#02-17___1550___720___$1,116,00_____26 Nov 07
#04-21___1550___761___$1,180,000___12 Nov 07
#03-26____947___676___$640,000_____05 Nov 07
#07-02___1356___715___$970,000_____29 Oct 07
#04-13___1216___730___$888,000_____19 Oct 07
#06-22___1259___663___$835,120_____19 Oct 07
#08-22___1259___745___$938,000_____05 Oct 07
#08-37____947___734___$695,000_____29 Sep 07

Prices going down.

Unreg
08-08-08, 18:37
Dear Unreg,

As you can see from the above sub-sale caveats i have above, you can see that there were very few units sold between October 07 till present and certainly no #09-36!

What's is your rush? Not TOP yet, wait for TOP then you can physically see the inside of the unit. If the layout is good, you can still pay asking price.

Hi,

Thanks for the advise, I will wait for TOP to view the physical unit then.
It is just that various agents I called seems to tell me different thing.

Actually, I still find the current price too expensive. Don't think I can even breakeven if I sell it after 5 year of stay.

Unregistered111
09-08-08, 21:58
Is it advisable to wait ? many times, those who wait will miss the boat. Most of the sale now are flushing speculators, but when towards top the market will pick up due to the stronger sentiments and US financial recovery. if you wait , u will realise there is no right time. pple will not sell low towards end of year. Many activities like with the PM said on the Changi Business Park so hesitate no more

Unreg
10-08-08, 10:49
Local Uni shouldn't have much impact on condo pricing.

The economy seems uncertain, better be more careful. Also, spoke to some agent, they seems quite pushy

Real Estate Pundit
10-08-08, 13:49
Local Uni shouldn't have much impact on condo pricing.

The economy seems uncertain, better be more careful. Also, spoke to some agent, they seems quite pushy

Don't have to worry about missing the boat......Casa Merah has many many units. More will be available for sale when it is TOP. Just look at The Sea View, many owners trying to unload....asking for $1300-$1500 psf but eventually settle for $1100-$1250 psf.

The pressure will also come from The Esta and then One Amber. Between these 2 developments and The Sea View, there are more than 1500 units and if just 30% of these come onto the sub-sale market, it'll keep the pressure on the sellers to be realistic.

So you can exercise patience.

Unreg
10-08-08, 16:00
Don't have to worry about missing the boat......Casa Merah has many many units. More will be available for sale when it is TOP. Just look at The Sea View, many owners trying to unload....asking for $1300-$1500 psf but eventually settle for $1100-$1250 psf.

The pressure will also come from The Esta and then One Amber. Between these 2 developments and The Sea View, there are more than 1500 units and if just 30% of these come onto the sub-sale market, it'll keep the pressure on the sellers to be realistic.

So you can exercise patience.

Actually you are right. I was told a owner of Casa Merah wanted to encash his unit as he eyed on The Esta, which price might have lower now.

Real Estate Pundit
11-08-08, 10:07
Actually you are right. I was told a owner of Casa Merah wanted to encash his unit as he eyed on The Esta, which price might have lower now.

I would too if in the same situation. Try to unload Casa Merah (D16 99yr LH) at $700-$800 in exchange for The Esta (D15 FH) at $800 - $900. It is a no brainer....who needs the MRT next door?

Real Estate Pundit
11-08-08, 17:27
No new caveats lodged for Casa Merah between 16th July 2008 to 1st August 2008.

4th uni
12-08-08, 23:23
hopefully good news for everyone here , more development in changi bus park! it is a gold mine

buy
21-08-08, 17:09
how much is a three bedroom cost?

nicenice
21-08-08, 22:38
When Top???

Joe6816
01-09-08, 13:33
Hi,

Thanks for the advise, I will wait for TOP to view the physical unit then.
It is just that various agents I called seems to tell me different thing.

Actually, I still find the current price too expensive. Don't think I can even breakeven if I sell it after 5 year of stay.

Friend, go for 1 agent that can solved all your problem. My cheapest unit in Casa Merah is selling only at 728psf. See to believe. 81712412 for a non obligation discussion. joe

Joe6816
01-09-08, 13:34
how much is a three bedroom cost?

7xx psf. Confirm

Joe6816
01-09-08, 15:04
Asking $790psf. Blk 68 stack 35 is one of the prime four blocks to release at the last phase. Burnt wat! Nim peh wu $, li kao peh si mi lan...

I have a unit at blk 68 high floor stk 33 asking 7xx. Can I market for you? Joe

Joe6816
01-09-08, 15:10

I have 3 rooms going for 7xx, call me Joe 81712412

hsrjustin
17-09-08, 11:01
hi,
I got few buyers looking for units at casa merah.Call me @ 93832702 or email at [email protected]

from justin

hsrjustin
17-09-08, 11:15

hi baywater .Let me know your stack. email me at [email protected]

take care cyy

from justin 93832702

Unreg
18-09-08, 13:08
No new caveats lodged for Casa Merah between 16th July 2008 to 1st August 2008.

Hi Real Estaet Pundit,

Any any new caveats for Casa Merah? Economy is slowing down, might not buy if price still high

Thanks
Chien

Real Estate Pundit
21-09-08, 21:02
Hi Real Estaet Pundit,

Any any new caveats for Casa Merah? Economy is slowing down, might not buy if price still high

Thanks
Chien

Hello Chien, below are the few caveats that has been lodged...minus the caveats for original purchase from the developer.

Date____Unit____SQFT___PSF, $____Total, $
29Jul___06-3X___947____718______680,000
30Jul___09-3X___1227___706______866,000
05Aug__10-3X___947____718______680,000
18Aug__08-4X___947____720______687,840
20Aug__10-2X___958____729______698,000
25Aug__10-1X___1572___730______1,147,560
26Aug__11-2X___958____783______750,000

The above caveats were obtained on 21Sept08 reflecting contracts upto 05Sept08.

Blessed
22-09-08, 10:56
Hi Real Estate Pundit

Do you have any 2brms at Casa Merah?
How much will it be?
Any idea when will the project be completed?
Am looking for something which I can move in by end Dec 2008.

Hope hear from you soon! Thx!!

Hello Chien, below are the few caveats that has been lodged...minus the caveats for original purchase from the developer.

The above caveats were obtained on 21Sept08 reflecting contracts upto 05Sept08.

Joe6816
22-09-08, 11:00
Hi Real Estate Pundit

How much will it be?

I was on Site at CM last week, all building are up. Looks TOP will be 2nd half next year. Let me know more details wat other places you looking at?

Real Estate Pundit
22-09-08, 14:58
Hi Real Estate Pundit

How much will it be?

Hi Chien, I am not a real estate agent. I just have the resources to see detailed caveats lodged and to share the details with anyone interested.

Joe6816
22-09-08, 15:01
Hi Chien, I am not a real estate agent. I just have the resources to see detailed caveats lodged and to share the details with anyone interested.

wow.You are a pundit in property market. Guess better then many agents. Cheers

blessed
22-09-08, 16:09
Hi,

Was wondering if you can get ard $650psf for 2 brms for Casa Merah?
Hmmm....if this place is worth to buy, I dont mind renting for another 6-7mths till the project T.O.P

Currently staying at Bayshore Park and my lease will end by end of Dec....
Budget is ard $600k to buy a new place. Preferably near to the Marine Parade (family is here)....or near MRT. Prefer bigger property area like Bayshore Park, The Bayshore and Mandarin Garden.

Whats your view?
Your advise would be appreciated
Thx!

I was on Site at CM last week, all building are up. Looks TOP will be 2nd half next year. Let me know more details wat other places you looking at?

Joe6816
22-09-08, 16:37
Hi,

Was wondering if you can get ard $650psf for 2 brms for Casa Merah?
Hmmm....if this place is worth to buy, I dont mind renting for another 6-7mths till the project T.O.P

Currently staying at Bayshore Park and my lease will end by end of Dec....
Budget is ard $600k to buy a new place. Preferably near to the Marine Parade (family is here)....or near MRT. Prefer bigger property area like Bayshore Park, The Bayshore and Mandarin Garden.

Whats your view?
Your advise would be appreciated
Thx!

Casa m Cheapest 2 room is 690k, the rest over 700k
bayshore park 700k to 750k
the bayshore 680k to 730k, have a unit 1001 sqft, asking 690k nego.
Mandrain Garden 900k

Changi court may have.

Blessed
22-09-08, 21:00
Noted. Thx!

Casa m Cheapest 2 room is 690k, the rest over 700k
bayshore park 700k to 750k
the bayshore 680k to 730k, have a unit 1001 sqft, asking 690k nego.
Mandrain Garden 900k

Changi court may have.

Optimist
26-09-08, 14:08
Hi
Don't be mistaken and jump too fast....There are no viable investment opportunities anywhere now...i mean...even banks and insurance companies can crash..so if the rich people have loads of money, where would they want to park it?

If they just hold, it and inflation is climbing, their real value of cash goes down..so what is the best thing to do...

Buy singapore property...it looks like safe haven and best place to invest...basic coutnry infrastructure is there...land is also limited...one of the strongest country in service industry....

buy a singapore property....collect rent and at worse if there is a property slump, it is still limited as the number of people is growing faster than the properties available...

don't be surprised if u see a spike in Mar 09 after the usa tries to sort itself out and europe will be slightly affected and people will be looking on what to buy....stocks are not so reliable now...

thinks about it

CRAP
30-09-08, 00:56
CRAP ADVICE.

Hi
Don't be mistaken and jump too fast....There are no viable investment opportunities anywhere now...i mean...even banks and insurance companies can crash..so if the rich people have loads of money, where would they want to park it?

If they just hold, it and inflation is climbing, their real value of cash goes down..so what is the best thing to do...

Buy singapore property...it looks like safe haven and best place to invest...basic coutnry infrastructure is there...land is also limited...one of the strongest country in service industry....

buy a singapore property....collect rent and at worse if there is a property slump, it is still limited as the number of people is growing faster than the properties available...

don't be surprised if u see a spike in Mar 09 after the usa tries to sort itself out and europe will be slightly affected and people will be looking on what to buy....stocks are not so reliable now...

thinks about it

Unregisteredj
30-09-08, 02:14
agree property can hedge against inflatn in the long term.
Hi

thinks about it

Real Estate Pundit
14-10-08, 22:09
New caveats lodged upto 03 Oct 08 that has been lodged...minus the caveats for original purchase from the developer.

26Sep__04-2X___947____707______670,000 --- NEW

The above caveats were obtained on 21Sept08 reflecting contracts upto 03 Oct 08.

East Lover 2
15-10-08, 11:53
New caveats lodged upto 03 Oct 08 that has been lodged...minus the caveats for original purchase from the developer.
26Sep__04-2X___947____707______670,000 --- NEW
The above caveats were obtained on 21Sept08 reflecting contracts upto 03 Oct 08.
Hi Real Estate Pundit, thanks a lot for the kind sharing.

I'm interested in Tropica, is it possible to let me know the recent transactions? Appreciated!

mr funny
29-10-08, 01:00
http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,181307,00.html

He buys condo for a windfall but takes a big fall instead

By Elysa Chen

October 26, 2008

AMONG the legion of burnt investors is a buyer of a million-dollar condo apartment who should have known better.

He jumped into a then hot property market without weighing the biggest 'if' of all - what if you lack the cash to complete the purchase?

Now Mr Byron Nifakis, 39, is bankrupt.

He wanted to buy a $1.2 million four-room flat in the Casa Merah condominium, as an investment.

The Singapore permanent resident was working as the IT director of a restaurant here, earning $10,000 a month.

Now he is reminded of his bankruptcy whenever he peers out of his rented home, which faces the Casa Merah on Tanah Merah Kechil Avenue.

He eyed the condo development to cash in on the rising property market last year.

But, by his own admission, his 'naivety and cockiness' resulted in his owing the condo developers $18,000 for his botched purchase.

Mr Nifakis, who came to Singapore from Canada in 2001, thought he was 'safe' as he had not signed any documents committing himself to the deal.

But he had handed over a $60,000 cheque as deposit, and what he did not know was that this was sufficient proof of his option to buy the property.

His cheque bounced, but lawyers and property agents told The New Paper he was still obliged to buy the unit.

Mr Nifakis, who had only about $6,000 in his account then, could not proceed with the purchase because money he was counting on from overseas partners did not come in.

He said: 'It was only because my property agent promised me that I could get more time to process the $60,000 payment that I even decided to go to the showroom that day to try my luck.'

But by 4pm, he was unable to raise the money from his partners. So he returned to the showroom to back out of the deal and get his cheque back.

When the agents refused to return the cheque, Mr Nifakis left the showroom.

'I thought they could keep my cheque, because they would not be able to use it against me,' he said.

But he was wrong.

A purchasers' particulars form he had signed stated that he had to pay 25 per cent of the $60,000, or $15,000, if he backed out of the deal.

And, to his horror, he learnt later from his lawyer that the cheque could be used as evidence that the option had already been granted to him.

He said: 'I should have refused to leave the showroom until it was closing time so that I could speak to someone who could return me my cheque.

'My agents kept telling me 'I'm sure you will find a way to get the money'.'

Trying to make the best out of a bad situation, he 'scrambled' to get the money by applying for a bank loan, but failed to get approval.

Desperate

Desperate for more time, Mr Nifakis wrote to the developers, but failed to get an extension.

They insisted that he had to pay the $15,000.

Mr Ling Tien Wah, the lawyer acting for the developer, explained that since Mr Nifakis did not exercise his option to buy the apartment, the developer was entitled to 25 per cent of the $60,000 booking fee.

In February this year, a judge ordered Mr Nifakis to pay the developer $18,000, including legal fees of $3,000.

The developer took out a bankruptcy application against him in July when he failed to pay up.

To make matters worse, his company laid him off the same month because it had run into financial difficulties and had shut down the restaurant.

On 9 Oct, the court issued Mr Nifakis a bankruptcy order as he was unable to come to a compromise with the developers on a repayment scheme.

He asked to pay them $300 a month over five years, but the developer rejected the offer, noting that if he wanted to, he could clear his debt in just 12 months.

A bitter Mr Nifakis said: 'This is the biggest investment I have made; it is also the biggest lesson I have had to learn.

'I try not to think about it too much. There's a bit of resentment. After all, that property could have been mine.'

IT ALL GOES BAD

2 APRIL 2007: Mr Nifakis thinks about buying condo unit after being asked by agent.

14 APRIL 2007: Chooses unit and hands cheque over. Backs out later in day but agent refuses to return it.

MAY 2007: Developer warns $15,000 deposit could be forfeited if deal is not closed.

FEB 2008: Judge rules in favour of developer and orders him to pay $18,000.

JULY 2008: Bankruptcy plea filed against Mr Nifakis, who also loses his job.

9 OCT 2008: He is made a bankrupt.

puggethotte
09-11-08, 09:16
ïðèâåò
ñàìûå áîëüøèå îáíàæåííûå ñèñüêè ìèðà, ñèñüêè íåâåñòû (http://porno-siski.rufreeporno.ru/map.html) , ôîòî øèêàðíûõ ñèñåê
prettyboard cgi ïèçäó, ýðîòè÷åñêèå ðàññêàçû ïèçäà (http://pizda.rufreeporno.ru/map.html) , ðàññêàçû ïðî ïèçäó
áîëüøèå õóè ñêà÷àòü, õóé ïàöàíà (http://chlen-video.rufreeporno.ru/map.html) , õó¸ ìà¸
âÿëûå ñèñüêè, ñèñüêè ïîäáîðêà ôîòî (http://siski.rufreeporno.ru/map.html) , áîëüøèå íàòóðàëüíûå ðóññêèå ñèñüêè

Unregistered1234567890
09-11-08, 14:50
heard the plot of land in front needs to sell 900 psf or more for developer to break even , anyone has any idea on this? this will make casa rise

Joe6816
09-11-08, 15:30
heard the plot of land in front needs to sell 900 psf or more for developer to break even , anyone has any idea on this? this will make casa rise

Hong Leong will most likely launch at 950 to 1000psf. This is what I feel.

Unregistered1234
09-11-08, 21:33
hey !! Do you see Seaview/One Amber/Esta price increase because of Silversea launch ?? You only see Silversea sold less than 20 unit !!

Unreg¡stered
10-11-08, 08:31
Hong Leong will most likely launch at 950 to 1000psf. This is what I feel.
Wow!
That is a lot cheaper than Silversea's $1,780psf.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Silversea ........... RCR ....... 11 ............................. 1,780 ............. 1,400 ............ 1,307

Joe6816
10-11-08, 08:33
Wow!

A lot higher then Livia average of 650 psf. 3 MRT stop away.

Reg¡stered
10-11-08, 08:42
Wow!
Wah! Not bad leh!

geekay
02-12-08, 11:59
I want to purchase a 4-bedroom Casa merah unit for my own stay. Let me know if there's any good deal around!! Thankx forumers!

Joe6816
02-12-08, 21:05
I want to purchase a 4-bedroom Casa merah unit for my own stay. Let me know if there's any good deal around!! Thankx forumers!

1572 sqft, 4 room. 710psf
1819sqft, 4 rm patio unit 650 psf

Call me. 81712412 or PM me

james8899
08-12-08, 16:18
Saw the development today and all the windows and paint almost all up , quite nice and quiet , it seems the stacks are quite close to each other... the design is okay and maybe top very soon in late 2009

Unreg
14-12-08, 20:51
Is it true that many units in Casa Merah are going for sales? What is the cheapest for a 3 room unit currently?

Joe6816
02-01-09, 09:01
Is it true that many units in Casa Merah are going for sales? What is the cheapest for a 3 room unit currently?

Cheapest 3 room, 1227sqft. 630psf

VIPCLUB2004
02-01-09, 13:27
If buy for own stay, I think no need to rush at the moment, may find more good deals in 2010:spliff:

james8899
02-01-09, 13:54
for people lookin for casa merah i think it depends, all pool facing especially 3 rooms all above 700 i have not seen any below that , can anyone comment?

VIPCLUB2004
03-01-09, 18:58
for people lookin for casa merah i think it depends, all pool facing especially 3 rooms all above 700 i have not seen any below that , can anyone comment?

For such 99yr big mass project, S$550 psf is well expected for casa merah in 2010 :sleep: Quite a few such project sell below S$500 in 2005...

To me, condo price should be less than double of the HDB flat in the same area...

Unreg
04-01-09, 22:30
I think 550psf is bit low, would only consider buying if it is about 580 - 600 psf.
Spoke to some friends in the financial sector, asked me to hold purchase as the worst has not hit Singapore yet. Banks auction increase but successful rate of the auction is low

VIPCLUB2004
05-01-09, 15:38
I think 550psf is bit low, would only consider buying if it is about 580 - 600 psf.
Spoke to some friends in the financial sector, asked me to hold purchase as the worst has not hit Singapore yet. Banks auction increase but successful rate of the auction is low

Singapore is in the higher position in the economy chain, and 1/3 of factories in China have been closed for the past a few months, and manufacturing industry in Singapore also has been badly hurted, and the bigger storm will visit Singapore soon after the Chinese New Year, more forced leave, futher pay cut, more lay off... The Oct 2008 crash in the stock market will happen in the property market also.... Be careful with our $$ now, put them under bed :sleep:

Unreg
12-01-09, 09:09
Anyone know that if I buy a sub-sales unit in casa merah, how much roughly will be the bank's valuation in the current economy? If the bank value down, it will affect the mortage loan amount

Douk
12-01-09, 09:24
Anyone know that if I buy a sub-sales unit in casa merah, how much roughly will be the bank's valuation in the current economy? If the bank value down, it will affect the mortage loan amount

why don u check with banker. it is foc. check the valuation and your creditability before commit to the purchase.

optraman
12-01-09, 17:18
Singapore is in the higher position in the economy chain, and 1/3 of factories in China have been closed for the past a few months, and manufacturing industry in Singapore also has been badly hurted, and the bigger storm will visit Singapore soon after the Chinese New Year, more forced leave, futher pay cut, more lay off... The Oct 2008 crash in the stock market will happen in the property market also.... Be careful with our $$ now, put them under bed :sleep:

Agreed. There are talks in the market after the CNY, many job cut will surface as many companies are holding on because of CNY. When there are no jobs, people will face difficulty with the mortage and defaults start and price will drop .....

Unreg
13-01-09, 10:48
This is exactly what I heard, retrenchment after CNY. Some of the mfg company already going for 4 day week. Some shut down 2 to 3 weeks during CNY.

Anyway, a friend advise me to buffer another 20% fall in prices if I were to buy property now

lbb
13-01-09, 18:57
There's one block that looks pretty completed. (on the outside at least)

Paint job and all is pretty nice i daresay.

Anyone knows the est. TOP? Building progress looks very fast.
Will seriously consider if it hits =<600 psf.

Looks like it's gonna be blocked from the MRT anyway, judging from some works going on in the opposite field when I drove past!

fatgoblin
14-01-09, 12:30
I am looking for a 3 bedroom in casa merah. budget is around 600k, anyone? :ashamed1:

VIPCLUB2004
15-01-09, 11:29
I am looking for a 3 bedroom in casa merah. budget is around 600k, anyone? :ashamed1:

You are rich :spliff: but you can wait a little bit longer and get a much better price, maybe 550psf :sleep:

shespawn
15-01-09, 16:32
I've already waited 1.5 years for casa merah, will continue to wait until the price drop to less than 600psf.

beemer75
16-01-09, 08:59
the smallest 3 rm is 1216 sf. based on 600K budget this works out to 494psf.

You are rich :spliff: but you can wait a little bit longer and get a much better price, maybe 550psf :sleep:

lbb
18-01-09, 11:35

Haha, 494psf ah.. I wont go as far as saying impossible, but I would say improbable. The economic situation must really be THAT bad for the price to fall to such levels ah. Think 500-600 is a decent price range for such a mass market and LH project.

Douk
18-01-09, 16:31
Haha, 494psf ah.. I wont go as far as saying impossible, but I would say improbable. The economic situation must really be THAT bad for the price to fall to such levels ah. Think 500-600 is a decent price range for such a mass market and LH project.

Economic situation is really that bad. worst has not come... I would think that <500psf is possible, just not quite affordable for most ppl then.

Petmail
19-01-09, 04:17
Cheapest 3 room, 1227sqft. 630psf

Hi bro, which flr is yours? i do have a high flr unit 3bdrm too..

:)
Pet

VIPCLUB2004
21-01-09, 15:43

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/...x.html?cnn=yes

From CNN money, predicts that popular USA real estate will drop another 20% more in 2009, and continue to drop a few % in 2010, and I believe the SG case is quite close to the USA case....

$494 may come in 2010 :D

VIPCLUB2004
29-01-09, 12:30
New Year New Water :spliff:

Less & less ppl visit here means the market is really bad liao :sleep:

Let's wait for $450 psf

beemer75
29-01-09, 13:59
I hope tt day will come before TOP cos looking for a matrimonial hse.

450 psf for high floors i hoot liao
any facing as long not facing MRT cos tt patch of land will be developed.

queensway
05-02-09, 12:53
I'm looking for a 3-bedrooms unit at Casa Merah for own stay. Let me know if there's any available. Preferably high floor and not facing the MRT..

Budget around 600-700K...:D

P/S: Looking for other units around east side too for the same budget...:scared-5:

proud owner
05-02-09, 13:17
I'm looking for a 3-bedrooms unit at Casa Merah for own stay. Let me know if there's any available. Preferably high floor and not facing the MRT..

P/S: Looking for other units around east side too for the same budget...:scared-5:

there are so many for sale but more like 700-800k ... yu can wait a bit a guess ...

Petmail
06-02-09, 00:39

hi.. I do have quite a few 3bdrm units for sale in the east within your budget. do drop me a line @ 82818888.

Pet

shespawn
09-02-09, 14:33
hope to get a two bedroom unit at 580k from mid floor and above. only interested in stack 27. if you have let me know. Im a buyer, not agent.

Black Label
11-02-09, 13:35
I am a newbie in private property and interested to purchase a 2 bedder unit for own stay in Casa Merah. But I have a few questions, hope gurus here can help.

Since there is no more developer sale, I have to purchase a sub sale unit.
For e.g. 2 bedder asking for $650K, and I intend to apply for a 70% bank loan. So how does the bank justify the value of that property since this project is still incomplete?

Petmail
11-02-09, 19:21
I am a newbie in private property and interested to purchase a 2 bedder unit for own stay in Casa Merah. But I have a few questions, hope gurus here can help.

Since there is no more developer sale, I have to purchase a sub sale unit.
For e.g. 2 bedder asking for $650K, and I intend to apply for a 70% bank loan. So how does the bank justify the value of that property since this project is still incomplete?

The banks will send the enquired prope3rty details over to a few valuer and obtain an average benchmark from most valuers. one of the factor most of them take into consideration is also the transaction over the past months etc.

Pet

Unreg
14-02-09, 17:06
Hi,

Anyone know who is the developer for the plot of land infront of Casa Merah? That area is fence up, not sure if it will be launch for sales in 2009

gohsoonk
23-02-09, 13:58
Hi,

Anyone know who is the developer for the plot of land infront of Casa Merah? That area is fence up, not sure if it will be launch for sales in 2009

The developer is NTUC Choice Homes / WingTai Holdings. It is fully sold and you can try the sub sale market.

shespawn
23-02-09, 14:24
the undeveloped piece of land is bought over by Hong Leong Group. Don't think they will launch cheap since the breakeven price is $700 - 750 psf.
http://www.sghousing.com/2008/09/10/choice-tanah-merah-condo-site-receives-seven-bids/

gohsoonk
23-02-09, 14:33
The developer is NTUC Choice Homes / WingTai Holdings. It is fully sold and you can try the sub sale market.

Oops. Did not read the question properly. Pardon the spam.

VIPCLUB2004
23-02-09, 18:44
When will the Casa Merah hit $500psf ya??!!:sleep:

isaaclim
23-02-09, 19:00
the undeveloped piece of land is bought over by Hong Leong Group. Don't think they will launch cheap since the breakeven price is $700 - 750 psf.
http://www.sghousing.com/2008/09/10/choice-tanah-merah-condo-site-receives-seven-bids/

What kind of condo are you expecting them to build? Base on the current material cost 500psf is more then enough to break even + profit. Maybe that is the highest average selling price they can get is they launch it at this period.

Unreg
24-02-09, 11:30
Thanks guys.

Looking at in the plot of land bidding price of $282 is lower that Casa Merah which is $318. Given current economy and lower construction cost, let's hope that they will price it at much lower price than Casa merah

If anyone got news on the launch date, please update me.

Thankshttp://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

noblebaby
02-03-09, 23:26
Thanks guys.

Looking at in the plot of land bidding price of $282 is lower that Casa Merah which is $318. Given current economy and lower construction cost, let's hope that they will price it at much lower price than Casa merah

If anyone got news on the launch date, please update me.

Thankshttp://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

lowest during launch price was $588... dont think people will sell at loss... since the location is not bad... they still can rent it out... if they worry about loan, they should sell cheap now... but so far none.

Unreg
03-03-09, 12:18
Call the Developers on the land in-front of Casa merah. They might be launching in mid of 2009. This is an alternative for those who are interested in Casa merah

VIPCLUB2004
04-03-09, 11:58
Call the Developers on the land in-front of Casa merah. They might be launching in mid of 2009. This is an alternative for those who are interested in Casa merah

2009 will be one of the best time, good for buyers, can get low psf :D

Spunk
05-03-09, 16:57
Good price for Casa Merah soon???? I am hoping to get a 3-bedroom there for around 600k. Anyone can advise if it can happen within the next few months?? :beats-me-man:

noblebaby
05-03-09, 19:48
Good price for Casa Merah soon???? I am hoping to get a 3-bedroom there for around 600k. Anyone can advise if it can happen within the next few months?? :beats-me-man:

to be honest, wait long long....

Spunk
05-03-09, 20:40

Hmmm... so wat is a reasonable price range to offer??? 650k??? 700k???

tayor
08-03-09, 12:59
I am looking for 2 bedrm Casa Merah below 600k for stack 48 mid to high floor.
Open to stack 47 high floor at below 650k.
Also want to confirm where is the rubbish point located? :)

VIPCLUB2004
16-03-09, 10:34
so cold in the forum, watering :sleep:

noblebaby
16-03-09, 10:45
so cold in the forum, watering :sleep:

time is bad... and ppl are waiting price to drop further... ppl learnt their lesson during the past 2 crisis... :D

shespawn
16-03-09, 21:41
I am looking for 2 bedrm Casa Merah below 600k for stack 48 mid to high floor.
Open to stack 47 high floor at below 650k.
Also want to confirm where is the rubbish point located? :)

hmmm.. dun think stack 47 is a good choice. faces tennis court, and the bedroom layout is abit strange.

VIPCLUB2004
26-03-09, 14:17
soooooooooooo cold here, seems the great price for buyer will come soon....

Keep on sleeping for a few months :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

galacin
29-03-09, 09:29
soooooooooooo cold here, seems the great price for buyer will come soon....

Keep on sleeping for a few months :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I am looking to buy a 2brm at least mid floor in Casa Merah for $600k or below.

Do you think if it is possible?

If anyone has any units out there, kindly email me! [email protected]

:scared-5:

shespawn
30-03-09, 09:48
call agents, there are quite alot marketing for Casa Merah. i still get calls from there. they could be some 600k below but facing the empty plot of land. so be prepared for lots of noises when new development construct.

VIPCLUB2004
30-03-09, 16:23
I am looking to buy a 2brm at least mid floor in Casa Merah for $600k or below.

Do you think if it is possible?

If anyone has any units out there, kindly email me! [email protected]

:scared-5:

100% possible!!! I want to get a 3brm at $600k ^o^ Sleep for a while first :sleep:

Unreg
30-03-09, 19:02
100% possible!!! I want to get a 3brm at $600k ^o^ Sleep for a while first :sleep:

Agree, I am also waiting. Hopefully toward end of the year when the project TOP, price will drop with some having problem to get loan.

Me too want to get 3brm at $600K.

Black Label
03-04-09, 18:04

Do you think it's possible to find a 3brm at $600k?
I read the papers almost every weekends and sellers are still looking at sky high prices :scared-4:

Unreg
03-04-09, 20:04
I read the papers almost every weekends and sellers are still looking at sky high prices :scared-4:

Don't give up, wait till its near TOP, probably near Oct 09

VIPCLUB2004
04-04-09, 12:08

I have plenty of time to wait, so I will not take action if the price is not around 600K for a 3bed....:D

hkching
14-04-09, 16:19

Is the project known as Balcon East?

Property_Owner
15-04-09, 21:44

Guess not really a lot of people are interested in this area. Hmmm, my feel is Casa Merah is too clamp in terms of layout. Too many stacks. Location not too bad as compare to Livia and DBR. Btw, when the open space be launch is not the main menu, it's how much they need to launch that will be interesting!

noblebaby
15-04-09, 21:48
Guess not really a lot of people are interested in this area. Hmmm, my feel is Casa Merah is too clamp in terms of layout. Too many stacks. Location not too bad as compare to Livia and DBR. Btw, when the open space be launch is not the main menu, it's how much they need to launch that will be interesting!

the empty land infront will be used as commercial..

noblebaby
15-04-09, 22:16
What is infront of Casa Merah?!?!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3849/16807522.jpg

venus
17-04-09, 11:27
How do u know the name of the project? u hv insider info? do u know when is the preview?

Unreg
17-04-09, 13:34
Yup, I called the developer TID and they will probably launch in mid 2009.
I think they are building the showroom now.

If price is right, I will get from them as Casa merah is a big estate, I prefer a smaller estate

venus
17-04-09, 15:44
Thanks for the info. Do we need to call them to get invited to the preview?

Think price should be comparable to DBR and WFW. I wonder if smaller development equates to higher maintenance fee?

If price is right, I will get from them as Casa merah is a big estate, I prefer a smaller estate

hkching
20-04-09, 12:25

Can I have the number that you called? I also got some info I want to clarify. Like is it really just 37 units.

Unreg
21-04-09, 12:21
Hi

sorry, I lost the number but if you passby the condo site, you will see sales phone number on the signboard

jitkiat
22-04-09, 14:35

Yah, those who are looking for bargain wait long long. DBSS Simei 5 room HDB (117sqm), 3 bus stops from MRT, selling like hot cakes above 520-575k (plus stamp fees will be 600k). Do you think you can get a 99-year condo near MRT for 600k ?

shespawn
22-04-09, 16:04
Yah, those who are looking for bargain wait long long. DBSS Simei 5 room HDB (117sqm), 3 bus stops from MRT, selling like hot cakes above 520-575k (plus stamp fees will be 600k). Do you think you can get a 99-year condo near MRT for 600k ?

hmm.. u must be a seller. do you know quartz has 2+1 over 1000 sq feet sold at 610k? casa merah 2 bedroom is still possible for $600k. it's a small place anyway with a balcony. those can wait, just wait.

Lord Anus
22-04-09, 16:09

what kind of reasoning is this?!?!?!?! just because DBSS 5 rm HDB sell for 575k, condo cannot sell for 600k????

this is the kind of stupid reasoning that gave rise to the property bubble: "oh because so-and-so condo down the road is launching at $2000 psf, our condo must also be selling at somewhere around there, oh maybe $100 psf more because our condo is better or location better, etc whatever it is our condo cannot be selling lower than that condo"

you forgot the possibility of condo owner being in deep shit, cannot tahan loan liao, must throw liao, business fail liao, die die must sell liao, etc which i predict wil happen to many soon..

WolleyDragon
22-04-09, 22:14
what kind of reasoning is this?!?!?!?! just because DBSS 5 rm HDB sell for 575k, condo cannot sell for 600k????

this is the kind of stupid reasoning that gave rise to the property bubble: "oh because so-and-so condo down the road is launching at $2000 psf, our condo must also be selling at somewhere around there, oh maybe $100 psf more because our condo is better or location better, etc whatever it is our condo cannot be selling lower than that condo"

you forgot the possibility of condo owner being in deep shit, cannot tahan loan liao, must throw liao, business fail liao, die die must sell liao, etc which i predict wil happen to many soon..

I don't know WTF you wrote.. but your nick sure is funny..

franzmark
22-04-09, 22:49
that's another term for one who is anal retentive
I don't know WTF you wrote.. but your nick sure is funny..

Black Label
23-04-09, 11:52
This financial crisis will not turn around so soon.

In the next few months we will see more people losing jobs, especially the high earners. Companies restructuring, employees paycut, consumer's confidence low, bankers unwilling to give out loans etc will affect market sentiments.

Cash rich owners with holding power can tie over this difficult time. Owners who are in distress will have to throw towel to cut lost. It's a waiting game between seller and buyer. The winner will be the last man standing.

jitkiat
23-04-09, 12:14
hmm.. u must be a seller. do you know quartz has 2+1 over 1000 sq feet sold at 610k? casa merah 2 bedroom is still possible for $600k. it's a small place anyway with a balcony. those can wait, just wait.
Double Bay Residences oso has one 2-bedroom unit selling for 600k, 4th floor, facing Simei Green multi-storey carpark blocked by a tree ... go ahead and grep your 600k condo now before it is too late !!!

And you are dead wrong, I am an HDB upgrader.

fatgoblin
23-04-09, 12:40
Any agents out there has lobang for 2 bedrooms at $600k? Pls pm me. tks.