PDA

View Full Version : Future Condo Lease Period

kingkong1984
27-11-10, 14:10
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2010/pr10-137app2.pdf

URA has also reviewed the planning parameters for the residential site at Jalan
Jurong Kechil. This site, with a lease period of 30 years, was made available for
sale via the Reserve List in Nov 2006. This short-term lease site can be
developed for condominium or flat or retirement housing.

If new condo's are 30, 45 or 60 years.. which will be its impact on LH99, LH999 and FH?

Could this be the new norm? Condo at 30 years or 60 year lease??

devilplate
27-11-10, 14:15
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2010/pr10-137app2.pdf

URA has also reviewed the planning parameters for the residential site at Jalan

Jurong Kechil. This site, with a lease period of 30 years, was made available for
sale via the Reserve List in Nov 2006. This short-term lease site can be
developed for condominium or flat or retirement housing.

If new condo's are 30, 45 or 60 years.. which will be its impact on LH99, LH999 and FH?

Could this be the new norm? Condo at 30 years or 60 year lease??

yes, its a gd move when prices seems bubbly or unaffordable....but i dun tink any1 wud accept 30yr lease now...60yo i wud consider though:D

kingkong1984
27-11-10, 14:17
I think 60 years is good too..

you won't live beyond 60 years after buying it.. assuming you are 30 years old when you bought them.

devilplate
27-11-10, 14:19
I think 60 years is good too..

you won't live beyond 60 years after buying it.. assuming you are 30 years old when you bought them.

i tink its possible....gd idea to 'downgrade' to a 60LH brandnew condo for retirement:D

sh
27-11-10, 21:12
it's for retirement homes lah.

Buy at 70 years old, have to drop dead by 100 years old when lease runs out.:scared-3:

rattydrama
27-11-10, 22:06
hope someone can come up with retirement village for old folks.

richwang
27-11-10, 23:01
In China, it is only 70LH across the country. You cannot have FH. (Govement owns the land).
The problem for 70LH is - the buidling quality is so bad, that the buildings may not last that long.

I hope Singapore will not learn from China. Singapore should learn from Malaysia and Indonisia: FH as the norm.

Thanks,
Richard

DC33_2008
27-11-10, 23:05
Not very good to stay in a retirement estate. You will be counting who is the next one to kick the bucket. No one will want to buy that unit.
it's for retirement homes lah.

Buy at 70 years old, have to drop dead by 100 years old when lease runs out.:scared-3:

devilplate
27-11-10, 23:06
when land is scarce, surely cannot FH....govt realised tat when they started to release only 99LH....duno since when,...forget oredi...hehe

its a matter of control and regulation....FH status doesnt mean the building quality will be better mah....:p

also got 'toufu' FH buildings in Msia leh

westman
27-11-10, 23:26
wondered how the banking loan policy woulld be like if 60LH...
No bank loan for property age beyond 15 years old?
:rolleyes:

DC33_2008
27-11-10, 23:26
FH landed will be precious in future.

westman
28-11-10, 00:30
FH landed will be precious in future.

It could also be the case IF some smart politicians happens to think of ways to amend laws to turn FH to LH.... thus effectively rendering all property ownerships like China (LH and NOT FH)..... scary if that really happened...

:doh:

sh
28-11-10, 10:08
It could also be the case IF some smart politicians happens to think of ways to amend laws to turn FH to LH.... thus effectively rendering all property ownerships like China (LH and NOT FH)..... scary if that really happened...

Wouldn't happen, because all the politicians live in FH GCBs :)

DC33_2008
28-11-10, 10:59
It is rather difficult as title deeds is a legal document which can be changed so easily. Foreign investor will surely run away if this happens.

westman
28-11-10, 12:36
Wouldn't happen, because all the politicians live in FH GCBs :)

If ALL politicians live in FH GCBS, then it would not hurt their pockets for changing FH condos to LH condos.....hahaha..:scared-2:

westman
28-11-10, 12:42
It is rather difficult as title deeds is a legal document which can be changed so easily. Foreign investor will surely run away if this happens.

aiyoh.... they can do so in cheapo way by pushing out national development projects here and there on FH lands thus allowing garment agencies to acquired the land for a token sum....see what happen to Tiong Bahru Shops owners where they have to give up large sqf shophouse for smaller sqf with shorter lease periods...

It's already happening on LH to LH and I think it may happens eventually fro FH to LH... (50~100 years later perhaps?)

DC33_2008
28-11-10, 17:11
Garment will not be so stupid to do this. There is a lot of implications.
aiyoh.... they can do so in cheapo way by pushing out national development projects here and there on FH lands thus allowing garment agencies to acquired the land for a token sum....see what happen to Tiong Bahru Shops owners where they have to give up large sqf shophouse for smaller sqf with shorter lease periods...

It's already happening on LH to LH and I think it may happens eventually fro FH to LH... (50~100 years later perhaps?)

tanumy
28-11-10, 17:14
better buy double bay residence at d18. Great huge potential.

kingkong1984
28-11-10, 18:33
Easy, compulsory acquire. Pay market rate since fh can be cheaper than some lh. Thereafter, release as 60 yrs. Just a question of want to do or not and not a matter of can or not.