PDA

View Full Version : Super Flippers

Lovelle
08-02-11, 17:00
has anyone has any stories to tell about investor who made during the boom from 2007 to 2010 by just flipping ?

mcmlxxvi
08-02-11, 18:41
has anyone has any stories to tell about investor who made during the boom from 2007 to 2010 by just flipping ?

Whats the criteria? Made at least 1mil net profit during the period?

sh
08-02-11, 18:48
Ask mcmlxxvi

"Then i buy and sell properties more often than buy new underwear liao.."

Either he's "super flipper" or never change underwear.....:eek:

mcmlxxvi
08-02-11, 19:13
Ask mcmlxxvi

"Then i buy and sell properties more often than buy new underwear liao.."

Either he's "super flipper" or never change underwear.....:eek:

Wei sh... Shhhhhhhhhhh :)

mantrix
08-02-11, 19:47

devilplate, bless his humble soul, made what most people would earn in 20 years by just flipping during that period :D

Lovelle
08-02-11, 20:02
any amount also good la...no need 1 mil. any good story must be told...

devilplate
08-02-11, 20:07
devilplate, bless his humble soul, made what most people would earn in 20 years by just flipping during that period :D

I more inclined to accumulate ppty :)

I love to flip stocks ;)

Lovelle
08-02-11, 20:09
i know someone who bot 2 citylights unit and flip for 10% profits within 2 mths in 2007.

Wild Falcon
08-02-11, 20:09
the biggest flippers are the property agents lor...

any amount also good la...no need 1 mil. any good story must be told...

mcmlxxvi
08-02-11, 20:10
Lovelle is taxman from IRAS! Dun fall for it! ;)

Lovelle
08-02-11, 20:10
i :tsk-tsk: taxman. Even taxman also cannot anyhow catch anybody ...

can pm me also can...

Lovelle
08-02-11, 20:15
the biggest flippers are the property agents lor...

really ? i owayz suspect why everytime i at a launch. many units oredi sold.. i oso suspect the A ppl bot it first

sh
08-02-11, 20:23
Once upon a time not too long ago...

In a republic not too far away...

New projects can be bought by any lass.

With just 20% down, no questions asked,

It's called the deferred payment scheme.

Flipped before, the condo is complete.

Fat profits are made, with leverage to the max.

Alas... such good times cannot last...

The golden age of flipping has gone fast....

:(

mcmlxxvi
08-02-11, 20:24
i :tsk-tsk: taxman. Even taxman also cannot anyhow catch anybody ...

can pm me also can...

Ok i oni can say from 2007 to 2010 i bought 8 sold 5... Starting from 0.

Lovelle
08-02-11, 20:25
DPS , you just pay 5% deposit and 95% loan right ?

Lovelle
08-02-11, 20:27

The title of Super Flippers can be yours...we wait for the next challenger

For OCR and CCR fans sake, can you break down your units of CCR vs OCR ?

:hell-hath-no-fury: teddy vs regulators

sh
08-02-11, 20:28
DPS , you just pay 5% deposit and 95% loan right ?

No lah... 20%... 80% loan at that time.

Unless u go for 10% down, 90% loan. Not sure leh...:confused:

Laguna
08-02-11, 20:30
I know quite a number of agents flipping OneNorth option for average of $80,000 per unit (many units) when 1 Rochester was launched.

How do u define flipping.....holding period how long?

I also bot quite number of options from flippers......to the extent of no viewing of properties....These agents made about $50,000 to $80,000 from me.

Lovelle
08-02-11, 20:32
flipping should be within the period 2007 to 2010. Yo, sorry to hear your story but i think you are papers did not depreciate, may in fact gain in % right ?

Lovelle
08-02-11, 20:33
No lah... 20%... 80% loan at that time.

Unless u go for 10% down, 90% loan. Not sure leh...:confused:

I think there was one time 5% and 95% loan. Parc Emily was one of those got buyer waiting for you at showflat entrance.

mantrix
08-02-11, 20:55
i wear Fit Flop so considered super flipper lah

Laguna
08-02-11, 21:09
Those good old days in 2006/2007, like the case of The Esta, u just need to pay 10% under deferred payment scheme, and hold for 6 months, u made $300,000-$400,000.

devilplate
08-02-11, 21:14
The Sail got the most number of flippers rite?

i missed the fun....:mad:

Lovelle
08-02-11, 21:15
Those good old days in 2006/2007, like the case of The Esta, u just need to pay 10% under deferred payment scheme, and hold for 6 months, u made $300,000-$400,000.

good story , keep it coming ...

some condos take 6 years to climb that amount.

devilplate
08-02-11, 21:18
mabe tok about more recent stories? from last yr till now...which project has the highest pct gain?

Lovelle
08-02-11, 21:20

those who made the most fr The Sail are mostly those who hold > 4 years....

Laguna
08-02-11, 21:21

yes, Sails, MBR...many.....

me too, truly missed those exciting days......

Lovelle
08-02-11, 21:22
For latest project that gained the most in % , shld be caspian after the launch of LF.

mantrix
08-02-11, 21:36
Also look at those in Sentosa

Lovelle
08-02-11, 21:39
those around cashew and diary farm too

ecimbew
08-02-11, 22:10
good story , keep it coming ...

some condos take 6 years to climb that amount.

You are a reporter! Which paper? Let us know when it's out. :cheers1:

Lovelle
08-02-11, 22:12

TCS - "The Condo Singapore" Times

mantrix
08-02-11, 22:13

Business times?

ecimbew
09-02-11, 07:20
Bingo! And silence followed after that. Sorry to spoil your fun but that's not a nice thing to report. Flippers are a minority. Please do not skew your report regardless of whether you are spilling it publicly or documenting in innocent graduate thesis. If you had not asked leading questions to satisfy your own philosophy, I would not have exposed your intent.

bullman
09-02-11, 08:17

I think its the Icon instead.

Laguna
09-02-11, 21:12

Forgot to mention, u may not be able to find fun in Sg now...
there are other places got good funs....and good monies.....look beyond Sg....

teddybear
10-02-11, 07:02
Didn't I say that most people buy "The Sail" to flip? Really got GREAT LIFE STYLE? Ha ha ha! When they are still holding they will tell you that there are super "GREAT LIFE STYLE" there :eek: (thinking: Come come take over my baby!). Flipping and pocketing the money seem to be much "GREATER LIFE STYLE" to them! :p

Lovelle
10-02-11, 08:35
SGD is going to go up, how does that benefit us ? does our loan become even cheaper ?

thomastansb
10-02-11, 08:38
Both are. Staying there or making money are both great life style.

Didn't I say that most people buy "The Sail" to flip? Really got GREAT LIFE STYLE? Ha ha ha! When they are still holding they will tell you that there are super "GREAT LIFE STYLE" there :eek: (thinking: Come come take over my baby!). Flipping and pocketing the money seem to be much "GREATER LIFE STYLE" to them! :p

teddybear
10-02-11, 09:53
Want to flip means want to flip. Don't need to keep singing songs to physco people to take over their babies. Great life style might as well live until they die why so keen to flip? :tsk-tsk: What great life style when they are more interested in flipping? Actual truth is that Life style not great or the place not worth the price that is why so eager to flip? :doh:

Both are. Staying there or making money are both great life style.

devilplate
10-02-11, 11:23
Want to flip means want to flip. Don't need to keep singing songs to physco people to take over their babies. Great life style might as well live until they die why so keen to flip? :tsk-tsk: What great life style when they are more interested in flipping? Actual truth is that Life style not great or the place not worth the price that is why so eager to flip? :doh:

dun sore la..PPL flip the sail from 1kpsf till the price now...heard some of those bayview units changed 10+ owners

mabe ur ppty nvr make much...so not attractive to flip?:p

teddybear
10-02-11, 12:36
Sing songs about "great life style" to flip? No moral! At least I flip I do it quietly, don't need to sing so many nice songs about "GREAT LIFE STYLE" etc of their own properties where actually the greatest self-interest is to find somebody to carry their babies at high price!. Hypocrits! :banghead:

dun sore la..PPL flip the sail from 1kpsf till the price now...heard some of those bayview units changed 10+ owners

mabe ur ppty nvr make much...so not attractive to flip?:p

Lovelle
10-02-11, 14:32
Sing songs about "great life style" to flip? No moral! At least I flip I do it quietly, don't need to sing so many nice songs about "GREAT LIFE STYLE" etc of their own properties where actually the greatest self-interest is to find somebody to carry their babies at high price!. Hypocrits! :banghead:

hey teddy

this is the SuperFlippers thread, anyone want to sing, this is the place. Why u sing half way then stop liao ?

teddybear
10-02-11, 14:50
I don't sing songs about properties I am trying to sell. :cheers1:

hey teddy

this is the SuperFlippers thread, anyone want to sing, this is the place. Why u sing half way then stop liao ?

thomastansb
10-02-11, 15:12
Well, individual perspective and wants. Some like to stay orchard, some like to flip orchard. Like the Government says, some like to stay HDB, some just like to flip HDB. Can't say for all I guess...

thomastansb
10-02-11, 15:17
What has moral got to do with flipping? Do I need to sing songs about properties? Isn't it well known which are the great ones, which are the lousy ones?

I mean, if someone based his/her purchase on forum, then he/she deserve my salute :banghead::banghead::banghead:

And isn't everyone acting in his/her own interest? I mean, who want to buy high and sell low? Acting in others interest :doh::doh:

teddybear
10-02-11, 16:02
Nothing wrong with flipping, but morally wrong and showing that a person has integrity issue when he/she try to sing nice songs just because they are going to sell, especially these are half truths or even lies.
Worse are those talking how bad a property is just to turn around to say how good that same property is after buying. :rolleyes:
Every one acting in his or her own interests, but don't need to stoop to so low lousy tactics to sing songs just because they are going to sell. Want to sell can just keep quiet and don't need to sing song about the property.

What has moral got to do with flipping? Do I need to sing songs about properties? Isn't it well known which are the great ones, which are the lousy ones?

I mean, if someone based his/her purchase on forum, then he/she deserve my salute :banghead::banghead::banghead:

And isn't everyone acting in his/her own interest? I mean, who want to buy high and sell low? Acting in others interest :doh::doh:

thomastansb
10-02-11, 16:33
Your comment just kill the whole marketing industry. Don't market things that you are going to sell. Hahaha. Who doesn't sell on good points and hide the bad points?

Still, I think nothing morally wrong if someone would to do it. And Sail is a great place to stay in, no doubt about that. I am sure many can vouch for that. And many can also describe how shitty that place is. It really depends on many many factors. Individual opinion.

Lastly, I reiterate that if anyone would buy a property (not shampoo or toothpaste) based on forum, then that him/her deserve it. Good or bad, the buyer will know. The whole industry will judge. Remember, this is not a toothpaste. It is at least a 1.3M property.

Nothing wrong with flipping, but morally wrong and showing that a person has integrity issue when he/she try to sing nice songs just because they are going to sell, especially these are half truths or even lies.
Worse are those talking how bad a property is just to turn around to say how good that same property is after buying. :rolleyes:
Every one acting in his or her own interests, but don't need to stoop to so low lousy tactics to sing songs just because they are going to sell. Want to sell can just keep quiet and don't need to sing song about the property.

gemstone
10-02-11, 17:59

Does IRAS treat your those transactions as capital gain or trading profits?

Laguna
10-02-11, 19:09
ya, perhaps let me share this real estate agent, flipping option.

I came across so many agents, and I graded this as the most unethical. He is a director at a very big Real Estate firm.

He brokered his two neighbours' units, one to me, and one to my friend. He profited $80,000 per unit. And the cheques for the flipping profit were paid to him. Really, abused the trust by his close neighbours.

But, today, I am pleased to learn that he is doing very badly.

teddybear
10-02-11, 19:18
The way you put it is that the whole marketing industry & people & businessmen all need to resort to immoral way of selling? Pls do not judge people this way just because you & your gangs do such immoral ways. There are many people with integrity in marketing & business, doing honest things for a living. :simmering:

To immoral people, obviously everything "immoral" is "moral" & alright to them. :rolleyes:

Your comment just kill the whole marketing industry. Don't market things that you are going to sell. Hahaha. Who doesn't sell on good points and hide the bad points?

Still, I think nothing morally wrong if someone would to do it. And Sail is a great place to stay in, no doubt about that. I am sure many can vouch for that. And many can also describe how shitty that place is. It really depends on many many factors. Individual opinion.

Lastly, I reiterate that if anyone would buy a property (not shampoo or toothpaste) based on forum, then that him/her deserve it. Good or bad, the buyer will know. The whole industry will judge. Remember, this is not a toothpaste. It is at least a 1.3M property.

land118
10-02-11, 19:23

I came across so many agents, and I graded this as the most unethical. He is a director at a very big Real Estate firm.

He brokered his two neighbours' units, one to me, and one to my friend. He profited $80,000 per unit. And the cheques for the flipping profit were paid to him. Really, abused the trust by his close neighbours.

U mean for e.g. the unit u paid is $1mil, u write 2 cheques, 1 for $920k & the other for $80k, assuming no bank loan?

rattydrama
10-02-11, 22:59
integrity issue to sing nice songs?:confused: mountain out of mold hill.
nice songs CD $10 I bite lah. 770K ppty :beats-me-man: sign at own risk. Period

rattydrama
10-02-11, 23:01
i recalled the ERA director was sacked doing similar tactic not too long ago.

kingkong1984
10-02-11, 23:12
With SSD... Cannot flip anymore right?

I think the SSD would only be partially lifted later to arrest flipping.

Remove 2 years restrictions only. First year 8' second year 4.

Regulators
10-02-11, 23:18
Can still try to flip, just increase the price by 50% of purchase price but who will buy? Alternative, can play option flip, but to do that, have to make sure option is transferable and you need to have a buyer on standby even before you commit to the unit. Usually only lau chiau agents know how to play this game
With SSD... Cannot flip anymore right?

I think the SSD would only be partially lifted later to arrest flipping.

Remove 2 years restrictions only. First year 8' second year 4.

thomastansb
10-02-11, 23:25
That is just too bad... Immoral or moral is subjective. Hiding the bad, selling the good is not immoral to me. Maybe you are rather holy so you can carry on to be moral and holy. Carry on talking to yourself. You so pissed off, I think probably you are one of them who read the forum and buy an unit. I thought such things don't happen in real life :doh:

Btw, eating chicken can be immoral too :eek: :eek: :eek: Bye for now !

The way you put it is that the whole marketing industry & people & businessmen all need to resort to immoral way of selling? Pls do not judge people this way just because you & your gangs do such immoral ways. There are many people with integrity in marketing & business, doing honest things for a living. :simmering:

To immoral people, obviously everything "immoral" is "moral" & alright to them. :rolleyes:

Laguna
11-02-11, 08:11
U mean for e.g. the unit u paid is $1mil, u write 2 cheques, 1 for $920k & the other for $80k, assuming no bank loan?

yes, the $80,000 paid to the agent.
of course, i saved 3% stamp duty on the $80,000

I rather pay the $80,000 to the seller.

Lovelle
06-06-11, 10:03
At least 20 units were bought last year and flipped within days. They involved mostly smallish apartments in projects such as Dorsett Residences at New Bridge Road, Suites@Topaz in the Serangoon-Moonstone Lane area, Centra Suites in Geylang, Haig 162, One Amber, The Shore Residences and Suites@Shrewsbury. Profits generated by these 20 units which changed hands within 29 days ranged from $5,000 to $188,000, translating to returns of 0.6 per cent to 27.6 per cent. BTimes

bargain hunter
06-06-11, 10:31
haha, u beat me to this. i was about to post, then saw your post. ;)

At least 20 units were bought last year and flipped within days. They involved mostly smallish apartments in projects such as Dorsett Residences at New Bridge Road, Suites@Topaz in the Serangoon-Moonstone Lane area, Centra Suites in Geylang, Haig 162, One Amber, The Shore Residences and Suites@Shrewsbury. Profits generated by these 20 units which changed hands within 29 days ranged from $5,000 to $188,000, translating to returns of 0.6 per cent to 27.6 per cent. BTimes

bargain hunter
06-06-11, 10:36
In all, there were 111 subsales of private apartments and condos in 2010 which had previously changed hands in the same year. All of these transactions were profitable. Gains ranged from $5,000 to $2.08 million per subsale transaction.
The latter was recorded for a 3,907 square foot unit at Urban Suites near Cairnhill Road which was bought in late January 2010 for $8.81 million from the project's developer and flipped in early March for $10.89 million. The smallest gain of $5,000 was for a 926 sq ft unit at Waterview in Tampines which involved a 10-day holding period.

Lovelle
06-06-11, 10:59
haha, u beat me to this. i was about to post, then saw your post. ;)

haha, share share load...u can post the entire article , if u want. I found the rest is very technical...

bargain hunter
06-06-11, 11:01
yeah pretty dry. i was going to post the exact section which u cut and paste. LOL. :)

haha, share share load...u can post the entire article , if u want. I found the rest is very technical...

devilplate
06-06-11, 11:29
In all, there were 111 subsales of private apartments and condos in 2010 which had previously changed hands in the same year. All of these transactions were profitable. Gains ranged from $5,000 to $2.08 million per subsale transaction.
The latter was recorded for a 3,907 square foot unit at Urban Suites near Cairnhill Road which was bought in late January 2010 for $8.81 million from the project's developer and flipped in early March for $10.89 million. The smallest gain of $5,000 was for a 926 sq ft unit at Waterview in Tampines which involved a 10-day holding period.

how isit possible to flip waterview? strange

10-day holding? so the 10day holding period counted after he exercise the S&P?

bargain hunter
06-06-11, 11:44
waterview launched before measures rite? should be 10 day holding period after he exercised. anyway, he made a loss rite? even the gahmen 3% already he made loss. LOL.

how isit possible to flip waterview? strange

10-day holding? so the 10day holding period counted after he exercise the S&P?

Lovelle
06-06-11, 11:48
even centra heights was mentioned. Isn't this one just launched last month ?

bargain hunter
06-06-11, 11:54
centra suites (launched in geylang last year) was mentioned. not centra heights. name twisters again. all very confusing. :)

even centra heights was mentioned. Isn't this one just launched last month ?

devilplate
06-06-11, 13:21
In percentage terms, Q1 2011′s most profitable subsale yielded a 167.4 per cent return – on a unit at SouthBank at North Bridge Road that had been bought from the developer in June 2006 for $561,000 and sold in the subsale market in January 2011 for $1.5 million.

devilplate
06-06-11, 13:24
In percentage terms, Q1 2011′s most profitable subsale yielded a 167.4 per cent return – on a unit at SouthBank at North Bridge Road that had been bought from the developer in June 2006 for $561,000 and sold in the subsale market in January 2011 for $1.5 million.

assuming the seller took 80% last time.....downpayment of 112k yielded 939k profit within 4.5yrs.....clap clap:D

azeoprop
06-06-11, 13:30

Missed the boat!!! :banghead:

hyenergix
06-06-11, 13:59
Boat will come again if u live long enough. Health is impt!

McKinnon
06-06-11, 18:33
and i'm regretting selling my southbank everyday i drive pass it now. :doh:

DC33_2008
06-06-11, 19:23
It's like striking TOTO.
assuming the seller took 80% last time.....downpayment of 112k yielded 939k profit within 4.5yrs.....clap clap:D

carbuncle
05-10-12, 15:31

I clearing my old emails and suddenly saw this old posting frm my sifu in jail mcmlxxvi...

one year or so after he wrote that, he informed that taxman after him.

indeed this forum has mole. be very careful what you reveal...

phantom_opera
05-10-12, 15:34
I clearing my old emails and suddenly saw this old posting frm my sifu in jail mcmlxxvi...

one year or so after he wrote that, he informed that taxman after him.

indeed this forum has mole. be very careful what you reveal...

because it is illegal not to pay tax if > half of your annual income come from trading properties ... if buy/sell properties only constitute 10% of your annual income then probably ok

IRAS has a way to determine whether you are engaging in trading or not ... depends on frequency of buy/sell, quantity, % of reporting income etc

carbuncle
05-10-12, 15:38
because it is illegal not to pay tax if > half of your annual income come from trading properties ... if buy/sell properties only constitute 10% of your annual income then probably ok

IRAS has a way to determine whether you are engaging in trading or not ... depends on frequency of buy/sell, quantity, % of reporting income etc

yes I do believe they hv some secret formula just run on the db query just to flag out these pple

phantom_opera
05-10-12, 16:00
yes I do believe they hv some secret formula just run on the db query just to flag out these pple

basically in Singapore, there is no point to hide if you think you are trading something e.g. shares/properties for profit, everything is centralized, CDP can trace all your share txns, IRAS can trace all property transactions

1. You buy/sell something frequently for profit.
2. The buy/sell frequency for a property less than 1 year, for shares less than 3 months
3. quantity more than a couple per year
4. your annual trading income is significant e.g. > 30k
5. you rely on it for a living :D

ikan bilis
05-10-12, 16:06
basically in Singapore, there is no point to hide if you think you are trading something e.g. shares/properties for profit, everything is centralized, CDP can trace all your share txns, IRAS can trace all property transactions

1. You buy/sell something frequently for profit.
2. The buy/sell frequency for a property less than 1 year, for shares less than 3 months
3. quantity more than a couple per year
4. your annual trading income is significant e.g. > 30k
5. you rely on it for a living :D

eh,... they got tax you for shares trading gain meh ??.. have not heard of that yet.. (property yes).... :confused:

like that everybody move to cfd lah... :D

phantom_opera
05-10-12, 16:12
eh,... they got tax you for shares trading gain meh ??.. have not heard of that yet.. (property yes).... :confused:

like that everybody move to cfd lah... :D

Gains from sale of shares & financial instruments
Generally, profits or losses derived from the buying and selling of shares or other financial instruments on your own account are viewed as personal investments.

Capital gains are not subjected to tax. If you buy and sell shares or other financial instruments at a profit, the profit is not subjected to tax.

When is it taxable

To determine whether an individual is trading, factors such as the frequency and volume of transactions, the interval between the purchase and sale, and the manner of financing the purchase of shares, will be taken into consideration.

The three circumstances factors above alone do not determine whether the gains are taxable.

Rysk
05-10-12, 16:16

But what if you frequently buy/sell and happen that is in the "whole of uptrend".. you sell high & also buy high with just one house..

Like that is consider trading even though you make profit meh?? :beats-me-man:

phantom_opera
05-10-12, 16:17
But what if you frequently buy/sell and happen that is in the "whole of uptrend".. you sell high & also buy high with just one house..

Like that is consider trading or make profit meh?? :beats-me-man:

The 4y SSD has effectively ensured all are not traders :rolleyes:

And new buyers pay ABSD ... they take first liao :doh:

And bro Rysk ... there is no need to worry if only play one investment property .. IRAS will pang (hokkien) chance

ikan bilis
05-10-12, 16:18
like that must go hide behind cfd liow... or at least something like standard chart a/c... :(

anyway... iras never go after small fish/ikan bilis... right ??.... :spliff:

phantom_opera
05-10-12, 16:43
like that must go hide behind cfd liow... or at least something like standard chart a/c... :(

anyway... iras never go after small fish/ikan bilis... right ??.... :spliff:

as i said, if it is small money, who cares ;)