PDA

View Full Version : Market Pulse Check - prices, volumes up or down

CCR
12-02-11, 13:26
Hey, I am starting a new thread, wanna do a check with all forummers,many one out looking for condos or selling, are there still buyers? Is the market still warm and prices firm or the market is dead cold?

kingkong1984
12-02-11, 13:40
Dead cold.

Hot ones are HDB's.

spikey69
12-02-11, 13:47
good for me...benchmark prices rising for new condos

teddybear
12-02-11, 13:51
In CCR, many sellers took their properties off the market. Supply drop by more than half.

Hey, I am starting a new thread, wanna do a check with all forummers,many one out looking for condos or selling, are there still buyers? Is the market still warm and prices firm or the market is dead cold?

land118
12-02-11, 13:58
In CCR, many sellers took their properties off the market. Supply drop by more than half.
I asked my Agent friend in Jan 2011 to alert me on a short list of condos in CCR that I will be happy to view. In the First week, he say most on holidays, then cooling measures came out, yesterday he buzz me say listings that were scheduled for for sales 3th wk of Jan 2011 were taken off, now after CNY, still no listings for me to view this weekend. Would presume, some owners are also waiting to see how sentiments pent out before they list only if prices are within their expectations

med80009
12-02-11, 15:21
I would think that many of the condos, especially the suburbia mass market ones that have just TOPed or estimated to do so in the next 1-2 years, contributed to the fair amount of activity in the past year.

My impression is that most people bought it during 2009 recession time may not have purchased those for investment purposes but for self-stay. They incidentally hit the property wave of 2010 and since there is profit of few hundred K to be bagged, why not sell if the price is right ?

With the new punitive cooling measures, it will be difficult to make a sale without lowering the offer price which no one is willing. Therefore, might as well not sell, self-stay, rent-out, or leave empty.

ymgsterling
12-02-11, 15:37
Spoke to a few agents, they noted that CCR and
RCR; volume drops but price maintaining or even
trending upwards slightly for some developments.
Personlly, I doubt we are going to see any downward
price adjustment.

rattydrama
12-02-11, 16:02
before 30 Aug 2010 cooling meausre, a D13 ppty I bio was around 800K thereabout. After 30 Aug went up to 900K, now 1m at least.

price seems to be trending upwards and I think this is because the new launch are priced much higher so the older ones (in fact not very old) climb up as well.

40% dp damper the sales. However, many hardcore property investors will think once 40% downpayment is removed, the price will chiong. With this mentality, I dont see that the price will thrend downwards at the current economic situation.

interest rate still yet to increase even though prediction is it will move up soon.

so it is expected to have that situation of unwilling buyer and seller.

I am thinking with low transaction, gov will earn less in tax. Lets see what is next from government to push the market. Government need funds to run the city state right?

med80009
12-02-11, 16:08
I am thinking with low transaction, gov will earn less in tax. Lets see what is next from government to push the market. Government need funds to run the city state right?

And to replenish the coffers after handing out budget goodies to appease the masses..

westman
12-02-11, 16:15
before 30 Aug 2010 cooling meausre, a D13 ppty I bio was around 800K thereabout. After 30 Aug went up to 900K, now 1m at least.

price seems to be trending upwards and I think this is because the new launch are priced much higher so the older ones (in fact not very old) climb up as well.

40% dp damper the sales. However, many hardcore property investors will think once 40% downpayment is removed, the price will chiong. With this mentality, I dont see that the price will thrend downwards at the current economic situation.

interest rate still yet to increase even though prediction is it will move up soon.

See what happened to HK and shanghai property market? Yes, volume down substantially but price still holding. Unless there is a catastrophic event or extreme cooling measures, price correction may not happened at all.

rattydrama
12-02-11, 16:18
And to replenish the coffers after handing out budget goodies to appease the masses..

see..everyone is chasing after money how can property price not moving?

rattydrama
12-02-11, 16:19
haha... similar questions was asked over time but same conclusion still. holding power is key.

See what happened to HK and shanghai property market? Yes, volume down substantially but price still holding. Unless there is a catastrophic event or extreme cooling measures, price correction may not happened at all.

westman
12-02-11, 16:30
haha... similar questions was asked over time but same conclusion still. holding power is key.

Precisely! Unless owners see no purpose to holding on the "extra" properties, why should they letting go at lower psf?

As a matter of facts, garment should do something to developers and not simply putting in measures to "cool" buyers and at the same time selling more state lands for additional coffers.

If developer's asking dropped, all nearby projects might drop in psf as well, possible?

Thus, putting in more control such as curbing developer's rental, "chopping" or implement compulsive selling to non affiliate parties for all new projects might helps to alleviate the price pressure.

Rules can be lefted when required just like SSD for example.

Is garment afraid of touching developers? Bully the sheeps and dare not to touch the wolf....?

kingkong1984
12-02-11, 16:43
There is a time for everything.

Before elections and after elections. Some patterns never change.

mantrix
12-02-11, 17:00
Prevent foreigners from buying can liao

teddybear
12-02-11, 17:12
All those 4 years SSD and lower LTV seem to affect resale properties transactions more than new launch as buyers don't have to come out with 40% downpayment CASH immediately and also can wait as property under construction and by the time TOP 4 years is over (not hit by the 4 years SSD). Policy seem skewed and make new launch even more favorable than resale? :eek:

Precisely! Unless owners see no purpose to holding on the "extra" properties, why should they letting go at lower psf?

As a matter of facts, garment should do something to developers and not simply putting in measures to "cool" buyers and at the same time selling more state lands for additional coffers.

If developer's asking dropped, all nearby projects might drop in psf as well, possible?

Thus, putting in more control such as curbing developer's rental, "chopping" or implement compulsive selling to non affiliate parties for all new projects might helps to alleviate the price pressure.

Rules can be lefted when required just like SSD for example.

Is garment afraid of touching developers? Bully the sheeps and dare not to touch the wolf....?

DC33_2008
12-02-11, 17:14
MM said fewer foreigners, slower growth. More influx of foreigners will come and property will move again in sales and rental.

ymgsterling
12-02-11, 17:19
Garment should only managed the HDB flats,
and assured pple of their 1st home.
For private residents, these should be left to
market forces, demand and supply. These
buyers are mature and capable to manage their
finances etc.

Prevent foreigners from buying can liao

devilplate
12-02-11, 17:19
All those 4 years SSD and lower LTV seem to affect resale properties transactions more than new launch as buyers don't have to come out with 40% downpayment CASH immediately and also can wait as property under construction and by the time TOP 4 years is over (not hit by the 4 years SSD). Policy seem skewed and make new launch even more favorable than resale? :eek:

of coz la...a few of us oredi pointed out last time....

govt still got many GLS in the pipeline leh.... must protect developers wat....they creates many jobs wor....:D

devilplate
12-02-11, 17:21
Garment should only managed the HDB flats,
and assured pple of their 1st home.
For private residents, these should be left to
market forces, demand and supply. These
buyers are mature and capable to manage their
finances etc.

40% LTV is a wise move .....must protect local banks mah in case shyt hits....but SSD more like turning ppl into new launches...

a few forummers oredi bot into new launches after latest cooling measures....

teddybear
12-02-11, 17:28
Buyers better watch out especially those small and medium size developers because if these developers close shop (due to cash flow problem or run away with money) then they will lose their trousers! It seems that all this has gone into the wind since we are seeing new launch prices being higher than those new TOP properties in the same vicinity!. When interest rate shoots up, these heavily leveraged developers will be the first to go ka-poom! :scared-1: If we do the calculation, it is actually better to run away with the money after collecting first 20-50% than to complete the properties (very common in the olden days even in Singapore, and is common in Malaysia even now).

of coz la...a few of us oredi pointed out last time....

govt still got many GLS in the pipeline leh.... must protect developers wat....they creates many jobs wor....:D

kingkong1984
12-02-11, 18:49
Teddy, not likely to happen in Singapore.

We have measures!

Haha... Got project account lah, all in and developer take out in phases.

gemstone
12-02-11, 19:12

oh oh,now that you openly point out the 'hole' ....., what if they decides to twitch policy for new launch to 4 years from TOP!:scared-2:

DaytonaSS
12-02-11, 19:20
oh oh,now that you openly point out the 'hole' ....., what if they decides to twitch policy for new launch to 4 years from TOP!:scared-2:

Govt selling land leh, I guess they won't hit their own foot ba. End of day they need developers to build for influx of population.... If it happens then it's lose lose situation

rattydrama
12-02-11, 19:29
Prevent foreigners from buying can liaoforeigners bring in $ to SG, should not exclude them.

akow
12-02-11, 19:32

Those analysts who said interest rate rise from 2nd half 2011, is not true.
Sibor rate is closely related to US interest rate. Will US jobless at record high rate, & US presidential election due 2012, US interest rate remain low until 2012.

So far no measures to restrict foreigners to buy.
With MAS policy of strengtening SGD$, more foreigners will buy here.

Price drop? Not this year, unless global recession..

rattydrama
12-02-11, 19:34
:p no impact to those who bought new launches project after the latest cooling measures until another new rule kicks in.

can gov and all other agencies cope with so many changes within such a short period? :D

kingkong1984
12-02-11, 19:43
Those analysts who said interest rate rise from 2nd half 2011, is not true.
Sibor rate is closely related to US interest rate. Will US jobless at record high rate, & US presidential election due 2012, US interest rate remain low until 2012.

So far no measures to restrict foreigners to buy.
With MAS policy of strengtening SGD$, more foreigners will buy here.

Price drop? Not this year, unless global recession..

Yes, price drop unlikely unless due to another global recession.

Rysk
12-02-11, 20:22
I still seeing most of the projects price maintain.. and price still creeping up in some projects.. but the volume is down

sh
12-02-11, 20:25
All those people waiting for a "firesale" is going to be soooooo disappointed:cool:

westman
12-02-11, 21:28

Agreed and with the progressive payment scheme, investors with cash win!

richwang
12-02-11, 22:07
When volume is down, that shows something fundamental has changed.
For the coming govement land sale (confirmed list), if you are a developer knowing volume is so low, will you bid high price? If you get a cheaper land, in order to increase the volume, would you like to lower the price? (Even for new launches, developers are giving away freebies as a way of soft discount.)
For the govement, volume is more important than high price.
For the developers, profit is more important than high selling price. (Cheaper land with even slightly lower selling price can still mean better profit.)

Personnelly, I think we are ALREADY in the bubble.

So let's watch for the land sale price as another leading indicator.

Thanks,
Richard

DaytonaSS
12-02-11, 22:17
When volume is down, that shows something fundamental has changed.
For the coming govement land sale (confirmed list), if you are a developer knowing volume is so low, will you bid high price? If you get a cheaper land, in order to increase the volume, would you like to lower the price? (Even for new launches, developers are giving away freebies as a way of soft discount.)
For the govement, volume is more important than high price.
For the developers, profit is more important than high selling price. (Cheaper land with even slightly lower selling price can still mean better profit.)

Personnelly, I think we are ALREADY in the bubble.

So let's watch for the land sale price as another leading indicator.

Thanks,
Richard

MBT say there is no bubble few months ago, then few months later he say got bubble. Can i enquiry whats your definition of bubble? income not able to sustain instalment? Supply more than demand in units? or some or risk in the market that will case the property market to collapse?

land118
12-02-11, 22:19
Doubt there will be any firesale, have not heard of any

devilplate
12-02-11, 22:20
i wud say its a prematured bubble....

govt step in early this time and impose overly drastic measures resulting in a false 'peak' ?

kingkong1984
12-02-11, 22:23
Good points on leading indicators. Land bid prices will not be so bullish anymore. However, that does not stop developers making the same if not more profits.

Old model maybe as follows,

Land 30%
construction 20%
profit 30%
unsold units 20%

New model maybe as follows, selling price less 20 percent

Land 20%
construction 10%
profit 30%
unsold units 40% where 20% price discount parked here.

jitkiat
12-02-11, 22:48
As long as food inflation is here to stay, what can Singaporeans invest in to fight inflation? Government keeps saying food inflation is temporary but I think everyone knows that hospital bill for C-ward went up by 100% from 2006 ... NUS school fee up up up every year !! :hell-hath-no-fury:

Recently, someone in HK proposed government to come out with inflation-linked bond (which pays interest rate based on inflation rate), this is a good idea, definitely better than stupid 2.5% OA and 1% FD :banghead:

CCR
12-02-11, 23:35
Sounds like for new launches, prices holding firm, volume down, for resale, no listing and buyers... Stalemate....correct? Let's see who blink first...

CCR
12-02-11, 23:36
i wud say its a prematured bubble....

govt step in early this time and impose overly drastic measures resulting in a false 'peak' ?

I totally agree with you on this man... For OCR I think the peak should be 1200psf, for CCR we are not even close to 2007 peak man....

richwang
12-02-11, 23:39
For HDB upgraders, I can recommend a place to "invest":
just put your cash into CPF, it's a handsome 4-5% return.
At a later stage, buy a higher amount CFP Life, you get cash flow for life.
If you hit the limit for contribution, start to put cash into wife's account.
If still hit the limit, try all your relatives (and make sure to get an IOU).

Thanks,
Richard

devilplate
12-02-11, 23:42

Thanks,
Richard

wah..u sent by cpf board?:p

richwang
12-02-11, 23:51
CPF + HDB = winning formular for Singapore (80% voters)
Depending on age group, SA account should set different min before one can buy private property. Just like OA min is increasing before you can play with shares.

I have some Britsh friends who have 3 annuties. I guess HDB Upgrader should at least have 1 annuity before over commiting to private property.

Thanks,
Richard

devilplate
13-02-11, 00:00
CPF + HDB = winning formular for Singapore (80% voters)
Depending on age group, SA account should set different min before one can buy private property. Just like OA min is increasing before you can play with shares.

I have some Britsh friends who have 3 annuties. I guess HDB Upgrader should at least have 1 annuity before over commiting to private property.

Thanks,
Richard

u sure cpf thingy win votes?? err....

wah...u sell insurance as well?:p

thomastansb
13-02-11, 00:17
4 to 5% returns, put in which account? Special account I assume? Assuming 5% returns for a 30 years old person, that is a 35 years of FD. Yes, 5% but it is not liquid for 35 years. That is insane :scared-4::scared-4:

Thanks,
Richard

thomastansb
13-02-11, 00:21
So far, all cooling measures buyers blink first. Unlikely to have a change unless economy turns bad. Prices usually drop when economy got problem. Not usually but ALL of the time. With Asia expecting growth for the next few years ahead and US recovery starting, I think we will see a very slow increase. But still increase. Just my thoughts.

Sounds like for new launches, prices holding firm, volume down, for resale, no listing and buyers... Stalemate....correct? Let's see who blink first...

kingkong1984
13-02-11, 07:42
So far, all cooling measures buyers blink first. Unlikely to have a change unless economy turns bad. Prices usually drop when economy got problem. Not usually but ALL of the time. With Asia expecting growth for the next few years ahead and US recovery starting, I think we will see a very slow increase. But still increase. Just my thoughts.
Shared the same views with u.

Look for another angle. It actually makes it harder for HDB folks to get out.

Like stopping people from moving.

The piece of diamond left unsold will have to keep longer. Still an example diamond when a buy is found later. Unless so many diamonds appear.

jitkiat
13-02-11, 09:10
If you can afford private property, most likely your SA and your wife SA would hit the 60k requirement to enjoy 4-5% interest. So this is not a solution to fight inflation :doh:

amk
13-02-11, 09:28
CPF soon no more guaranteed 4% ok ? What gd yield ? For years CPF is paying such miserable interest, it only gets a little interesting now when the rate is at all time low of 0. Give it another 5 yrs rates will be up, CPF money will not be interesting sitting there anymore. for now short term, leave money in cpf is wise, but not for long term. Even now, u can easily buy local banks pref shares and getting 4% coupon beating CPF OA.

I said it before, now is the historic moment of 0 interest rate with high growth, and appreciating S$. Very strange combination of monetary and fiscal environment. Once in a life time kind of opportunity. :cool: U will regret later in your life if u do not profit from this.

teddybear
13-02-11, 10:03
CPF OA/SA rate will become lousy once interest rates start to rise considering that you may be locked in for next 10-40 years (depending on your age). This will be worse under new scheme where CPF rate will be pegged to 10 years Govt bonds while you are actually locked in for say 40 years (if you are very young now). There are many more attractive alternatives out there.

Back to what you said, In your view, how to profit from those? ;)

CPF soon no more guaranteed 4% ok ? What gd yield ? For years CPF is paying such miserable interest, it only gets a little interesting now when the rate is at all time low of 0. Give it another 5 yrs rates will be up, CPF money will not be interesting sitting there anymore. for now short term, leave money in cpf is wise, but not for long term. Even now, u can easily buy local banks pref shares and getting 4% coupon beating CPF OA.

I said it before, now is the historic moment of 0 interest rate with high growth, and appreciating S$. Very strange combination of monetary and fiscal environment. Once in a life time kind of opportunity. :cool: U will regret later in your life if u do not profit from this.

sh
13-02-11, 10:06
borrow cheap money to buy appreciating assets?

teddybear
13-02-11, 10:23
What will be considered appreciating assets now? Properties? Shares?

borrow cheap money to buy appreciating assets?

rattydrama
13-02-11, 10:39
If you can afford private property, most likely your SA and your wife SA would hit the 60k requirement to enjoy 4-5% interest. So this is not a solution to fight inflation :doh:

dont get you, so what is the solution in your opinion?
:p

jitkiat
13-02-11, 11:38
dont get you, so what is the solution in your opinion?
:p

1. Special government bond - guaranteed interest peg to inflation rate up to a limit say 100k per family

2. Let SGD appreciate faster - never happen bcos China is slow in doing this

3. Delink our SIBOR with US Fed rate (i also don't know why cannot)

sh
13-02-11, 12:45
What will be considered appreciating assets now? Properties? Shares?

Wish i knew for certain. I'll be RICH:spliff:

jitkiat
13-02-11, 16:13
Wish i knew for certain. I'll be RICH:spliff:

Cotton:

http://markets.ft.com/markets/commodities.asp

sh
13-02-11, 18:10
Cotton:

http://markets.ft.com/markets/commodities.asp

better start stocking up on T-shirts;)

thomastansb
14-02-11, 08:41
To add on:-

CPF OA only 2.5% interest. Factor in inflation, you are actually losing money every month. You have a 30 years FD which is losing value everyday? That is nuts.

teddybear
14-02-11, 08:55
If CPF rate so good why not they let us decide whether want to contribute? :p
If I can take out all the money from CPF, I won't be bothered with the pathetic 2.5% interest, not even that 4% interest which appears only good when times are bad, not to mention that this is going to be gone soon forever replaced with pegging to 10 years Singapore govt bond rate that most likely will give you lower yield while locking you in much longer than 10 years.

jitkiat
14-02-11, 09:19
Totally agree about the CPF OA rate sucking big time. It is no-brainer to put everything in properties.

Although our dear forumer teddybear is CCR and regulators is OCR. Let's be friends since high inflation is here to stay, both CCR/OCR will eventually win, no point talking down each other :cheers1:

teddybear
14-02-11, 10:03
Regardless of whether you put your money in properties in CCR or OCR, this will surely be better than putting money in banks or even CPF and see inflations eroding your money value away into the air! Stayed tuned as high inflation is here to stay for next 2 years! :scared-3:

Totally agree about the CPF OA rate sucking big time. It is no-brainer to put everything in properties.

Although our dear forumer teddybear is CCR and regulators is OCR. Let's be friends since high inflation is here to stay, both CCR/OCR will eventually win, no point talking down each other :cheers1:

Laguna
14-02-11, 10:19
just spoke to my agent in HK and decide to fly there and pick up some more units....
The up side in HK market should be much better than Sg

devilplate
14-02-11, 10:21
just spoke to my agent in HK and decide to fly there and pick up some more units....
The up side in HK market should be much better than Sg

serious? u r vy pro....regional investor...:cheers6:

Laguna
14-02-11, 10:23
serious? u r vy pro....regional investor...:cheers6:

of course I am serious
I gave up US and UK markets now, as I consider HK has a better upside of course, i need to hold for a while due to the SSD.....

I am also betting into Penang.......for certain reasons....

Wild Falcon
14-02-11, 10:24
Never ever transfer funds to the stupid special account. It is so "special" until even when u reach 65, you can't take it out in one lump sum. It's like the point of no return. It probably gets transferred to some retirement account that "drips" money to you in small doses that does nothing to improve your quality of life. So what if the interest is 5% when u can't touch it even when you lau kok kok 65 years old? I think individuals better call up CPF to figure out this "special account" before transferring monies there. You may regret for the rest of your life.

This special account IMHO is a sham.

4 to 5% returns, put in which account? Special account I assume? Assuming 5% returns for a 30 years old person, that is a 35 years of FD. Yes, 5% but it is not liquid for 35 years. That is insane :scared-4::scared-4:

Laguna
14-02-11, 10:35
of course I am serious
I gave up US and UK markets now, as I consider HK has a better upside of course, i need to hold for a while due to the SSD.....

I am also betting into Penang.......for certain reasons....

See HK property market, unstoppable
http://hk.centanet.com/icms/attachmentDownload.aspx?download/281-32155-25574/110211CCL.JPG

梁理中:豪宅加稅促升空殼公司交易 文章日期:2010年2月12日

中原財務董事總經理梁理中在置業網專欄中指出,增加豪宅物業買賣印花稅對打擊樓市炒風作用不大。

他在文中舉例,從實際角度看,不少豪宅買家會透過“空殼公司”持有物業,所需付出之費用包括一次過之公司成立費用(約5,000元)及每年會計報稅費用(約5,000元),而日後出售物業時,只需進行股權轉讓,買賣雙方各自支付“空殼公司”之資產估值(即樓價)0.2%,便可完成交易。在此計算,與目前之3.75%物業買賣印花稅,便宜得多。

文章又引述市場人士反映,目前有過半數豪宅買家透過空殼公司持有物業,故增加印花稅對他們起不了實際作用,反而會推使更多人日後改用“空殼公司”持有物業。倘若特區政府為此特向“空殼公司”立例,徵收更重之股權轉讓印花稅時,那事情又變得更複雜了,事關要涉及公司法之改動,影響正常商業運作,需諮詢更多不同行業持份者,相信並非朝夕可完成立法。

其實3.75%已經係好高, 若果政府真係 "扮有能" 調升 stamp 到4.5%, 即係話 - 97 快到 !

jitkiat
14-02-11, 11:04
Regardless of whether you put your money in properties in CCR or OCR, this will surely be better than putting money in banks or even CPF and see inflations eroding your money value away into the air! Stayed tuned as high inflation is here to stay for next 2 years! :scared-3:

My trader friend told me oil at 65-75 is healthy. Below 65 recession. Above 75 inflation. OPEC says 100USD oil very healthy, they are not increasing the supply, get it??

TS
14-02-11, 14:33
When price go very high, OPEC members don't want to quietly take advantage and sell more to make more money? So united? I am surprised if anyone believes it.

Btw.... when oil price goes too high, the market will crash if you look back at history. There will hit a time, where businesses cannot support the high oil cost.

CCR
14-02-11, 20:14
Property measures aimed at speculators, not genuine buyers: Mah
By ANGELA TAN

The latest property measures are very targeted at the short-term speculators, not at genuine buyers, Mah Bow Tan, Singapore's Minister for National Development told Parliament on Monday.

'So our measures in January are pre-emptive measures because we wanted to act before the bubble forms. It was calibrated so as to cool the market and it was very targeted at the short-term speculators, not at genuine buyers,' Mr Mah said in reply to a query on the intended end objective of the measures.

Mr Mah said that it is not the intention of the latest measures to crash the market but rather to cool the market.

He added that given the current situation of strong economic growth, low interest rates and lots of liquidity in the market, it is not unnatural to expect that property prices remain strong.

Mr Mah said the government does not wish to see prices shooting up so fast as to be unsupportable by the fundamentals. At the same time, it does not want to see a lot of short time speculation either.

'So if we meet these objectives, the measures would have done their job,' Mr Mah said.

Looks like market will stay sideways....

CCR
14-02-11, 20:35
News

Sales of Hong Kong resale homes picking up
Feb 14, 2011 - PropertyGuru.com.sg
***|** ***|** *Comment***|** *E-mail to friend***|** *Bookmark & Share***

Sales in Hong Kong’s secondary home market are picking up again, said realtors.

Buggle Lau Ka-fai, Chief Analyst at Midland Realty, said the “number of secondary transactions in major residential projects rose to around 40” last week, “which is close to the normal level.”

“I expect the number to climb to 50 or even 60 this week,” he said.

However, Mr. Lau said home buyers may also be considering new flats, with units in nine projects, including Imperial Cullinan, Phase 2C of Lohas Park in Tseung Kwan O and the CentrePoint in Sheung Wan, expected to go on sale over the next two months.

While it is expected that sales in the secondary market will increase, Mr. Lau said both buyers and sellers are waiting to see if there are government initiatives on land supply in the upcoming budget, with some home owners withdrawing their flats from the market.

He also expects that the government will announce further measures to increase home supply. “I cannot say that sellers fear these measures, because if they do, they will sell all their flats now, before the budget comes out,” he said.

“But sellers want to know what the government will do before they put their flats back on the market.”

***|** ***|** *Comment***|** *E-mail to friend***|** *Bookmark & Share***

Will Singapore follow suit?

land118
14-02-11, 20:51
News

Feb 14, 2011 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

Sales in Hong Kong’s secondary home market are picking up....

“But sellers want to know what the government will do before they put their flats for sale...
Will Singapore follow suit? underlying fundamentals affecting properties in both countries are not identical, but upcoming Parliament budget and goodies may create a "feel good" mood, may lead to positive buying sentiments after budget all the way to General Elections for genuine buyers

Laguna
14-02-11, 21:11
News

Will Singapore follow suit?

Ya, it is not only the volume went up strongly
but the price as well.
http://www.centadata.com/cci/cci.htm

that is why, I still prefer to buy into HK

devilplate
14-02-11, 21:28
Ya, it is not only the volume went up strongly
but the price as well.
http://www.centadata.com/cci/cci.htm

that is why, I still prefer to buy into HK

u feel tat HK/USD is strengthening as well? USD at bottom now?

Regulators
14-02-11, 21:41
Correction, I am vested in ccr, rcr and ocr

nobrainer32007
14-02-11, 21:49
Plus a million dollars to spare right?

Correction, I am vested in ccr, rcr and ocr

Laguna
14-02-11, 21:59
u feel tat HK/USD is strengthening as well? USD at bottom now?

I dun have the wisdom to read whether USD is bottom now.

There are many factors I look into for HK property market, currency is one of them.

devilplate
14-02-11, 22:02
I dun have the wisdom to read whether USD is bottom now.

There are many factors I look into for HK property market, currency is one of them.

exchange risk cud wipe out ur gains or double ur gain...:2cents:

Regulators
14-02-11, 22:25
Lol, have exhausted quite a lot of my funds fully redeeming my first three properties, but still have enough for one more
Plus a million dollars to spare right?