PDA

View Full Version : Horror stories after collecting keys upon TOP

ecimbew
17-02-11, 10:55
Share your stories so everyone is aware

westman
17-02-11, 13:00
doubt you will get some....:cool:
imagine if you do so, do you expect your condo project can fetch better price bor?

hopeful
17-02-11, 13:12
not personal story, but heard One Amber really terrible.
they think contractor didn't close windows, timber flooring kaput.
Repairs for the defects also take long time.
maybe because chinese contractor.
Maybe One Amber owners can contribute?

mantrix
17-02-11, 14:49

i doubt they would though i have heard similar stories.

why hang dirty laundry in public?

moomooteo
17-02-11, 14:54
What is considered a "horror story".
1. Toilet bowls not flushed after used by the workers with things floating inside
2. Cigarette butts in the aircon ledges
3. Drainage pipes strucked with debris from construction, causing a flood in bedrooms
4. Water pipe burst due to pin holes caused by drilling.

For some, item 1& 2 is a horror story. For many other Item 3&4 is a real horror story. My point, it boils down to expectation and perception. No development is perfect. Whatever "shit" you get, as long as it is resolved in a reasonable fashion by the developer, I do not think it should be washed in the public. SHIT is Special High Intensity Training.

mygeemeel
17-02-11, 15:03
What is considered a "horror story".
1. Toilet bowls not flushed after used by the workers with things floating inside
2. Cigarette butts in the aircon ledges
3. Drainage pipes strucked with debris from construction, causing a flood in bedrooms
4. Water pipe burst due to pin holes caused by drilling.

For some, item 1& 2 is a horror story. For many other Item 3&4 is a real horror story. My point, it boils down to expectation and perception. No development is perfect. Whatever "shit" you get, as long as it is resolved in a reasonable fashion by the developer, I do not think it should be washed in the public. SHIT is Special High Intensity Training.

My solution: No Expectations = No Disappointments.

Such problems surely happen, so i employ cleaners to cleanup.

Some of these cleaning companies have inspectors who will highlight damages/chokes. Get the budget from them and present to developers. Chances are developers will give you prompt corrective action. Developers worry you will claim against them.

wenqing
17-02-11, 16:06
Pass the crap to Interior Designer to resolve when he do planning.

ecimbew
17-02-11, 19:33
Some of these cleaning companies have inspectors who will highlight damages/chokes. Get the budget from them and present to developers. Chances are developers will give you prompt corrective action. Developers worry you will claim against them.

I like your suggestion! After reading so many horror stories on Skyscraper forum, I think I need to be prepared.

mcmlxxvi
17-02-11, 19:34
For owners to do that the project will devalue...

romeo
17-02-11, 22:41
so scared:scared-4:
months away from collecting my keys..:scared-5:
oh then again, my partner is good at screaming to make sure things get her way.. she is singtel operators' nightmare..

land118
17-02-11, 22:51
oh then again, my partner is good at screaming to make sure things get her way.. she is singtel operators' nightmare..
Have no fear, u should be happy and looking foward to getting keys, just scrutinize and send list of defects to developer, am sure your other half will hound developer, making sure defects are done ....have to push and chase them...., the harder u press them, the faster and more attention they give to your unit

Regulators
17-02-11, 22:55
You scared of your wife more or the flaws in your unit? :scared-3:

hopeful
18-02-11, 09:08

Is your partner a property agent? can scream enough to make buyer buy at record high? ;) thinking of offloading another unit next year.

Wild Falcon
18-02-11, 10:50
But I must say, some Singaporeans also super fussy and unreasonable lah. One small scratch that can polish away also ask to change entire flooring type. Everything blown out of proportion. And then when they move in, their children will scratch everything any way.:)

sh
18-02-11, 18:12
But I must say, some Singaporeans also super fussy and unreasonable lah. One small scratch that can polish away also ask to change entire flooring type. Everything blown out of proportion. And then when they move in, their children will scratch everything any way.:)

yah... especially after buying at top of market, collect keys at bottom of market... sure super bey3 song4. Contractor sure kanna sway sway....:)

zzz1
18-02-11, 19:55
I like your suggestion! After reading so many horror stories on Skyscraper forum, I think I need to be prepared.

prepare a list and industry usually called it punchlist or defect list, take your time to check carefully. Also mark up in the plan for easy reference during joint inspection with the developer..

Take photos of the defects items.

once done, email it to the developer, make sure you don signany letter of discharge, after all you still got one year period to discover those not identify ealier.

zzz1
18-02-11, 20:05

that true ...

also some time those replaced tiles/slab, once replace and you will not get back the same. The floor may feel uneven, colour tone contrast etc..

romeo
20-02-11, 21:59
You scared of your wife more or the flaws in your unit? :scared-3:

both.. among many things..:D

wenqing
23-02-11, 15:23
Share your stories so everyone is aware

"some defects to the common property" arose from the contractor's poor workmanship, even as CDL's lawyer Ling Tien Wah argued that "there's no such thing as a perfect building".

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10873

rattydrama
23-02-11, 18:59
Or we change the title, better to buy from listed developer (FEO, CDL) or private developer (MCL)?

rattydrama
23-02-11, 19:02
"some defects to the common property" arose from the contractor's poor workmanship, even as CDL's lawyer Ling Tien Wah argued that "there's no such thing as a perfect building".

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10873

Developer's lawyer will say anything to dismiss liability for their client. The onus is on the plaintiff to prove the case.

Geylang OKT
23-02-11, 21:25
Marble flooring uneven colour. :banghead: :banghead: :D