View Full Version : Big plywood falling flew from construction site and landed at PES

27-02-11, 09:33
At about 9.45am, a big piece of plywood size about 3m by 1m flew across from a condo construction site's high floor and landed onto an condo unit's PES next to it. A maid was nearly hit!

Police was called but informed the owner to talk to developer directly and not thru police. Like that also can!

Noticeably, there wasn't much safety net in place for the condo construction to prevent objects falling from high floor... It just a matter of time for thing to happen to hit again if this developer failed to improve safety net installation...

Question: what action can the ground floor owner/MA takes against the developer?

27-02-11, 10:30
u oredi quoted: honest mistake lets move on wat?:p

27-02-11, 11:09
Milk the developer.... Threaten to report to BCA unless got a big compensation... They will pay or else get demerit points and big fine

27-02-11, 11:26
u oredi quoted: honest mistake lets move on wat?:p

Hahaha... this is not a honest mistake wor. :spliff:
the ground floor owner is very furious becos police said not they cannot do anything!

The plywood is 3m by 1 m. Very big piece and can tell the maid was shaken by it..her face looks :scared-1: ....

I think the developer jialat liao..
Anyway, not readlly understand why police say not their problem and they cannot do anything. Must wait until falling objects killed someone meh?

27-02-11, 11:28
Milk the developer.... Threaten to report to BCA unless got a big compensation... They will pay or else get demerit points and big fine

Will let the owner know about it. After milking the developer, use the "$$$" for BBQ.....:D :D

27-02-11, 11:45
Will let the owner know about it. After milking the developer, use the "$$$" for BBQ.....:D :D
Very simple take picture if u serious to milk developer threaten to call mom, otherwise just call mom and report the case. It's serious and may lead to stop work order.

27-02-11, 11:53
errr... actually, nothing to do with developer... It's the contractor that is responsible.... Complain to BCA... make them sweat:hell-hath-no-fury:

27-02-11, 12:06
Very simple take picture if u serious to milk developer threaten to call mom, otherwise just call mom and report the case. It's serious and may lead to stop work order.

It's not my unit. Too bad.:spliff:
My neighbor took alot of photos and I think the constrcution site jialat liao...

27-02-11, 12:46
errr... actually, nothing to do with developer... It's the contractor that is responsible.... Complain to BCA... make them sweat:hell-hath-no-fury:
sorry i should say main contractor....but developer should have some part to pay bah......for construction site, MOM, in this case, has got more power...

27-02-11, 12:48
westman, I suggest this famous quote to you "get out of my elite uncaring face" quote from AMK MP's daughter.

27-02-11, 12:54
westman, I suggest this famous quote to you "get out of my elite uncaring face" quote from AMK MP's daughter.

walau..kekekek..that a good one! :D :D :D :D

27-02-11, 17:11
sorry i should say main contractor....but developer should have some part to pay bah......for construction site, MOM, in this case, has got more power...

Don't complain to BCA first or else cannot milk... Tell the main contractor and developer and ask for a meeting then ask them for a settlement or elsenyounhave no choice but to raise the matter to BCA and MOM for mediation.... They sure scared man....

If matter raised... They still must pay mediation fees and then kena fine and demerit points some more...

27-02-11, 17:35
Don't complain to BCA first or else cannot milk... Tell the main contractor and developer and ask for a meeting then ask them for a settlement or elsenyounhave no choice but to raise the matter to BCA and MOM for mediation.... They sure scared man....

If matter raised... They still must pay mediation fees and then kena fine and demerit points some more...

yah hor... look around your house.... what repairs you need... then hint hint... the contractor will happily do it for u to keep u quiet....:hell-hath-no-fury:

27-02-11, 17:53
At about 9.45am, a big piece of plywood size about 3m by 1m flew across from a condo construction site's high floor and landed onto an condo unit's PES next to it. A maid was nearly hit!

Police was called but informed the owner to talk to developer directly and not thru police. Like that also can!

Noticeably, there wasn't much safety net in place for the condo construction to prevent objects falling from high floor... It just a matter of time for thing to happen to hit again if this developer failed to improve safety net installation...

Question: what action can the ground floor owner/MA takes against the developer?
bring the maid to see doc on shock related condition...that is good enought bring the developer onto the discussion table, and to complaint to MOM which is responsible to industrial related incident...

27-02-11, 17:58
Dishonest mistake, let's move on :D :D

27-02-11, 22:54
Honest mistake, let's move on :D :D