PDA

View Full Version : Rental of Condo: With Sea View versus Non Sea View

dingding
02-03-11, 12:30
Hi to all experts!

Can anyone share their personal experience?

Assuming all things being equal, ie, same condo development, same area/location and amenities, same size and layout...what is the % difference of rental price for Condo with Sea View and those without a Sea View.

Cheers!

Ding

francophile
02-03-11, 12:49
Depends totally on the project-if it is more than 15 years old the interior might matter more.I don't think it makes much difference unless the view is really spectacular.

rattydrama
02-03-11, 23:01
its the same as low floor vs high floor.

Komo
03-03-11, 05:51
its the same as low floor vs high floor.
You mean low floor has good pool view high floor does not have:D

jc007
03-03-11, 13:56
Yes. Generally lower floors below 10th floor with pool facing can have a view of the pool. .For higher floors the angle to view the pool is too steep. You have to put your head forward outside the window or balcony to look down. :scared-5:

Laguna
03-03-11, 14:12
Hi to all experts!

Can anyone share their personal experience?

Assuming all things being equal, ie, same condo development, same area/location and amenities, same size and layout...what is the % difference of rental price for Condo with Sea View and those without a Sea View.

Cheers!

Ding

I hv both sea view facing and non sea view facing units for rental.
for the eastern cosatal sea view, from Tg Rhu till Delso, it comes with the price of noise.

There is not much substantial in term of rental differences, between 10-15%, depends very much on the liking of the tenants.

In fact, I noted, my ground floor unit with nice PES could even fetch better price and much easier to rent out.

dingding
03-03-11, 14:24
I hv both sea view facing and non sea view facing units for rental.
for the eastern cosatal sea view, from Tg Rhu till Delso, it comes with the price of noise.

There is not much substantial in term of rental differences, between 10-15%, depends very much on the liking of the tenants.

In fact, I noted, my ground floor unit with nice PES could even fetch better price and much easier to rent out.

what's PES?

mantrix
03-03-11, 14:31
what's PES?

Personal Enclosed Space. usually for balconies. Penthouses and ground floor units have more of this.

Ground floor units with PES are very easy to rent out as expats like them - especially the pool-facing ones. They like the chalet feel.

DC33_2008
03-03-11, 14:34
Owners of such units need to have good neighbours who do not throw things down. Otherwise, it can be a nightmare.
Personal Enclosed Space. usually for balconies. Penthouses and ground floor units have more of this.

Ground floor units with PES are very easy to rent out as expats like them - especially the pool-facing ones. They like the chalet feel.

Laguna
03-03-11, 14:35

yes, ur right,

rattydrama
03-03-11, 19:53
You mean low floor has good pool view high floor does not have:D
U got me. It's personnel preference. :spliff:

Laguna
04-03-11, 09:12
Yes. Generally lower floors below 10th floor with pool facing can have a view of the pool. .For higher floors the angle to view the pool is too steep. You have to put your head forward outside the window or balcony to look down. :scared-5:

not only that, the pools look so small...and feel giddy.

In fact, 2nd and 3rd floor are the best for pool view

if anyone want to experiment, go to The Seaview, take a second floor pool facing and the penthouse

devilplate
04-03-11, 09:35
not only that, the pools look so small...and feel giddy.

In fact, 2nd and 3rd floor are the best for pool view

if anyone want to experiment, go to The Seaview, take a second floor pool facing and the penthouse

3rd flr is the best as i noticed 3rd flr pool facing units always taken up first b4 2nd flr....usually goes this way:3rd or 5th flr first den 6th-8/9th flr den ppl start to take 2nd flr and followed by 4th flr...den later on higher flrs with no view other den giddy puny poolview downstairs....LOL:D