PDA

View Full Version : Is CCR losing it's shine?

CCR
04-03-11, 00:22
Prices of Singapore’s luxury prime homes remained stable for the second straight quarter as buyers stayed cautious after recent government tightening measures, according to Jones Lang LaSalle.
Overall, the Singapore mass residential market saw a 12 per cent increase in prices in 2010 driven by positive sentiment on the back of strong economic performance.
However the high-end market has been more subdued over the same period with prices increasing 9 per cent.
Hong Kong led the price growth in the region, with quarter-on-quarter prices up 6.4 per cent despite the latest round of its government measures aimed at curbing speculative demand.
Broadly, Jones Lang said luxury residential prices in Asia are likely to remain stable or see slower growth for 2011 as buyers have become more cautious about further tightening measures.
At the same time, prices will not likely be pressured downwards as they are supported by rising rental levels and low holding costs.
However, the real estate firm said luxury markets in Hong Kong and Singapore should retain some price momentum due to strong end-user demand
And it added that long-term investors will continue to be attracted by the current low holding costs and the potential hedge against inflation.
Source : Channel NewsAsia – 2 Mar 2011

Looks like CCR prices will not be going up soon...
I hope they are wrong man coz I am a CCR man lol....

If no new story about remaking Singapore I think CCR is dead man.....
IR all opened, nothing that give a big bang to Singapore anymore...

devilplate
04-03-11, 00:28
orchard vicinity is flooded with too many new condos....

ccr in sentosa/marina bay r more promising now

nobrainer32007
04-03-11, 06:35
Sentosa and marina are equally flooded using your own word. Think short term better dont invest in properties.

mantrix
04-03-11, 06:50
LOL. These analysts always shoot their mouths off saying CCR star performer in 2011 just bcause it hasn't reached the 2007 peak.

Now confronted with the facts they are quick to change sides...

blackjack21trader
04-03-11, 09:09

brother devilplate is correct. from my humble observation these 2 weeks, buyers are indeed moving in towards the direction of MBS. could be uncle Sheldon's recent request for more land for his IR. :banghead:

phantom_opera
04-03-11, 09:13
Super high rise 99LH with good view seems to be more attractive than freehold in Orchard road nowadays

blackjack21trader
04-03-11, 09:15
Super high rise 99LH with good view seems to be more attractive than freehold in Orchard road nowadays

yes, brother phantom_opera is also correct to say so. from your humble brother's little observation for the past 6 months.

stalingrad
04-03-11, 09:24
where is teddy when you need someone to laugh at?

these analysts have been behind the curve for years. I was probably the first the made the prediction that CCR properties are dead meat.

devilplate
04-03-11, 09:40
yday BT ppty supplement section mentioned about luxury condos.....there was a table.....many new launches in orchard only sold few units in 2010....but analyst say high end developer GOT HOLDING POWER:rolleyes:

seascape and MB suites sold more units in 2010 comparatively...

august
04-03-11, 10:40
Sentosa and marina are equally flooded using your own word. Think short term better dont invest in properties.

yes dont buy! so that developers cannot sell and prices will come down!
woohoo ~

westman
04-03-11, 11:03

Was told by my agent friend that rental take up rate is very competitive in CCR area. Low of vacant units there.

Can anyopne varify that?

devilplate
04-03-11, 11:06
Was told by my agent friend that rental take up rate is very competitive in CCR area. Low of vacant units there.

Can anyopne varify that?

wat u mean? high vacancy rates ?

i only noe those high end condos rental vy competitive.....those rental more den 10k......simply too many choices.....but who cares? they got holding power wat:rolleyes:

hopeful
04-03-11, 11:18

Can anyopne varify that?

well, dont know if RV is considered high end or low end.
But my big unit cannot get 4,5psf so just let go.
BTW, that big unit, the buyer exercised the OTP.

Now Martin Place Residence going to TOP in 2nd/3rd quarter. More supply coming up. Headache :doh:

devilplate
04-03-11, 11:22

Now Martin Place Residence going to TOP in 2nd/3rd quarter. More supply coming up. Headache :doh:

congrats:D

martin place R definitely a better project to keep den the one u just sold:cheers6:

Condo Kaiser
04-03-11, 12:41
I was also looking at MPR, a few concerns though with Starlight Suites building just beside it and a vacant land in front which might turn into a condo next time.

But overall I really like the project, FCL should be capable of making it quite a luxurious development. Wanted to pull trigger back in 2009 but lacks the funds, could be sitting on 30% paper gain now.

mantrix
04-03-11, 13:19
those with 'holding powers' should continue to hold long long long...

Wild Falcon
04-03-11, 13:47
Won't lose its shine lah - there will always be people who like to stay in certain districts for status or "family safety". Looking at this forum, my conclusion is that there is a significant group of individuals with prejudices against people staying in HDB flats (not cultured lah, not safe lah, a lot of murders, people not atas enough lah) and condos in the ulu places. And also, those who die die must get their children into "elite" schools who need to move within 1km of whatever school that they themselves never had a chance to go to (no affiliation). In short, CCR will always have its demand. But I have a feeling the younger generation are more willing to push the boundaries and explore more areas.

Regulators
04-03-11, 14:17
different strokes for different folks. There are also some who prefer staying in front of mrt track and expressways

Won't lose its shine lah - there will always be people who like to stay in certain districts for status or "family safety". Looking at this forum, my conclusion is that there is a significant group of individuals with prejudices against people staying in HDB flats (not cultured lah, not safe lah, a lot of murders, people not atas enough lah) and condos in the ulu places. And also, those who die die must get their children into "elite" schools who need to move within 1km of whatever school that they themselves never had a chance to go to (no affiliation). In short, CCR will always have its demand. But I have a feeling the younger generation are more willing to push the boundaries and explore more areas.

DaytonaSS
04-03-11, 14:23
u gain some u lose some ba. Give n take like many things in life

amk
04-03-11, 14:25
wow CCR bashers convention ;)

the day CCR loses its shine is when u see ERP in the morning charging the reverse direction :cool:

(... yes yes we are the snobbish lot )

phantom_opera
04-03-11, 14:26
Another proof that MRT is the new prime, price similar to My Manhattan at Simei:

Kovan Residences
1A Kovan Road #09-05
99 Yrs From 31/12/2007
$1098psf
947sqft
$1040k
20 Jan 11

The Scala
130 Serangoon Avenue 3 #11-05
99 Yrs From 06/01/2010
$1482
$702k
12 Oct 10

devilplate
04-03-11, 14:29
But I have a feeling the younger generation are more willing to push the boundaries and explore more areas.

i hf tat feeling as well....and MRT was nvr a buzz word until recently....

DaytonaSS
04-03-11, 14:42
judging by my conversation with my colleagues this morning on primary schools and housing stuff, the qn is more on affordability issues for most of us. Many would like to stay at bukit timah, but when the facts of limited income n unlimited wants, one need to find a compromise.

CCR shines bright bright for me, but as i saves throughout the years, the gap somehow lengthen instead of shorten.

mantrix
04-03-11, 14:47
judging by my conversation with my colleagues this morning on primary schools and housing stuff, the qn is more on affordability issues for most of us. Many would like to stay at bukit timah, but when the facts of limited income n unlimited wants, one need to find a compromise.

CCR shines bright bright for me, but as i saves throughout the years, the gap somehow lengthen instead of shorten.

Actually the gap is closing - it will never be closed, mind you, but it is narrowing. Last time was 500-600%, now you see it down to 150% to 300% for most projects

amk
04-03-11, 14:48
when you are young, and not filthy rich like an oil trader, the 1st condo you can afford is almost always OCR. MRT is very important. Critical.

then you progress. becomes wealthy. you start to look at pties costing more than 2M. Or 3M. Not many made it though. Numbers drop.

by then you start to appreciate finer things in life, for example time and peace.

by then you start to have kids. you become responsible. even though u have affiliation, you dun have the heart to let your kid suffer 2hr journey and waking up at 5AM. Your life changes.

by then you start to look at pties costing more than 5M, because you feel like landed.

time flies. children grow up. All are given a few hundred k to buy their own house. (Some splash it on a car instead.) No no need big landed. let's find one smaller but convenient place.

MRT and shops become important again. hopefully nice neighborhood too.

A full circle.

devilplate
04-03-11, 14:50

birds of a feather flock tgt or??

how come none of my frens aspire to stay in bukit timah?:p

but truely, i wud love to haf a holiday hm at sentosa and a bayview unit at The Sail as a collectible asset ....but not at this current pricing....hehe

phantom_opera
04-03-11, 14:52

but truely, i wud love to haf a holiday hm at sentosa and a bayview unit at The Sail as a collectible asset ....but not at this current pricing....hehe

stayed for a while b4, bukit timah is so boring :sleep:

devilplate
04-03-11, 14:53
when you are young, and not filthy rich like an oil trader, the 1st condo you can afford is almost always OCR. MRT is very important. Critical.

then you progress. becomes wealthy. you start to look at pties costing more than 2M. Or 3M. Not many made it though. Numbers drop.

by then you start to appreciate finer things in life, for example time and peace.

by then you start to have kids. you become responsible. even though u have affiliation, you dun have the heart to let your kid suffer 2hr journey and waking up at 5AM. Your life changes.

by then you start to look at pties costing more than 5M, because you feel like landed.

time flies. children grow up. All are given a few hundred k to buy their own house. (Some splash it on a car instead.) No no need big landed. let's find one smaller but convenient place.

A full circle.

demographics and lifestyle changes from time to time....

getting more singles or couples without kid....cannot reverse this trend one....so near gd schools may eventually loses its shine in time to come:2cents:

amk
04-03-11, 14:53
.. on primary schools and housing stuff, the qn is more on affordability issues for most of us. Many would like to stay at bukit timah, but when the facts of limited income n unlimited wants, one need to find a compromise.
this is something many ppl would not want to admit.

many now are sitting on decent OCR paper gains and hoping to find something nearer to town. It's good news for them CCR prices haven't moved. Even though many like to talk down , this and that, they still want to buy one.

devilplate
04-03-11, 14:56

many now are sitting on decent OCR paper gains and hoping to find something nearer to town. It's good news for them CCR prices haven't moved. Even though many like to talk down , this and that, they still want to buy one.

i admitted liao....:tongue3:

phantom_opera
04-03-11, 14:58

True, but people are now demanding good view (e.g. high floor D Leedon, Trilium), FH near good school surrounded by other same height condos like Cascadia is no more attractive. Of course there are people like Indons Tai Tai wanna stay on top of ION Orchard :tongue3:

amk
04-03-11, 15:01
i admitted liao....
I didn't mean u :) ur posts are honest and straight, not sensational.

amk
04-03-11, 15:03
Of course there are people like Indons Tai Tai wanna stay on top of ION Orchard :tongue3:
actually hor, those so-called Indon taitai, many of them really local SG girls with very dubious real legal status, like cairnhill a lot ;)

DaytonaSS
04-03-11, 15:14
Actually the gap is closing - it will never be closed, mind you, but it is narrowing. Last time was 500-600%, now you see it down to 150% to 300% for most projects

i mean the gap between the purchase price n my saving. Cant save fast enough to catch the price.7 yrs ago plan, save $500k cash buy $1m property. 75% to the target saving, realise the similar property cost almost 1.5-1.8m liao.

stalingrad
04-03-11, 15:15
I didn't mean u :) ur posts are honest and straight, not sensational.

is it me that you were talking about?:tongue3:

amk
04-03-11, 15:31
is it me that you were talking about?:tongue3:
dun want to get into personal, but hey, u've got to admit many of ur posts are quite sensational , right ? actually I think you are proud of your colorful posting style. It made this place quite entertaining :)

btw did you really short 20k S&P ? if it's not nato I really admire your courage.

stalingrad
04-03-11, 15:37
dun want to get into personal, but hey, u've got to admit many of ur posts are quite sensational , right ? actually I think you are proud of your colorful posting style. It made this place quite entertaining :)

btw did you really short 20k S&P ? if it's not nato I really admire your courage.

yes, I did. I think that QE2 will be wound down real soon if the job report today kills any doubt about the recovery in the US and if that happens, watch out!! QE2 is all that supports the market.

also, if QE2 is wound down, interest rates are heading higher. watch out too.

hyenergix
04-03-11, 15:39
ERP will be satellite based soon. Gantry will be a thing of the past. CCR, OCR etc concepts will appear in history textbook too :D As Singapore progresses economically, it will be differentiated more along districts & hubs i.e. marina bay financial district, jurong lake district, paya lebar business hub etc and probably more to come :)

dtrax
04-03-11, 16:24

Ya my sentiments. River Valley is really a nice place to stay in especially rivergate. But with so many condos sprouting there, tenants are really spoilt for choices

phantom_opera
04-03-11, 16:58
yes, I did. I think that QE2 will be wound down real soon if the job report today kills any doubt about the recovery in the US and if that happens, watch out!! QE2 is all that supports the market.

Let me guess,

Unemployment rate (%) US Fed short term rate (%)

9.5 - 0
9 - 0.25
8.5 - 0.5
7.5 - 0.75
6.5 - 1.25
5.5 - 1.5
5 - 2.5
4 - 3.0

how long do u think this whole process will be??

DaytonaSS
04-03-11, 17:16

gd luck bro! as long as u didnt leverage its ok.

teddybear
04-03-11, 17:35
Come on, who would want to admit that they can't afford to buy a CCR to live in and hence only buy OCR to live in? :p
Therefore, despite OCR prices vs CCR prices narrow, these people now hope that they can switch their OCR to CCR, so have to sing nice song about their OCR properties to sell at a high price and say bad things about CCR and hoping to buy a CCR property at a low price. :rolleyes:
They can even spin stories about how high quality their OCR property is, how convenient they are, can get to CBD within 10 or 20 minutes, they are so rich can afford CCR to live in but don't want and purposely buy OCR to live in (but yet keep such close watch on CCR properties that is why so familiar with them!), why need to pay so much to buy CCR blah blah blah.

land118
04-03-11, 17:41

A full circle. Very true....:D

teddybear
04-03-11, 17:41
May be you are with the wrong flock of birds? :p

Almost all my friends who previously lived in OCR have managed to upgrade to CCR. :cheers1:
Some are lamenting about how hypocratic some of their friends are in saying why need to buy & live in CCR when OCR is so good but when they got the money all move to CCR, regardless of whether they are married, have children or no children etc. :doh:

land118
04-03-11, 17:44
:D

many now are sitting on decent OCR paper gains and hoping to find something nearer to town. It's good news for them CCR prices haven't moved. Even though many like to talk down , this and that, they still want to buy one. U hit the nail on the coffin....

phantom_opera
04-03-11, 17:51
devilplate is most likely single lah ... for those moving into CCR is mainly family with kids

1. The most kiasu parents (also richest), they will buy Bukit Timah to send their kid to Nanyang Primary School

2. The less kiasu one, settle for a regional top primary school such as Taonan (must buy property within 1km also). But when their kid scored very high PSLE, they apply to go to RI (Bishan), Dunman High (Tanjong Rhu), Hwa Chong (Bukit Timah) etc so the parents switch property to Bukit Timah or Bishan or Tanjong Rhu ..

It is not the parents like to stay in certain boring area, it is because they want their kids to stay nearer to the top school to save on travel time :2cents:

westman
04-03-11, 17:53
wat u mean? high vacancy rates ?

i only noe those high end condos rental vy competitive.....those rental more den 10k......simply too many choices.....but who cares? they got holding power wat:rolleyes:

yeah.. referring to too many choices with high vacancy rates.

True also, owners have holding power.
Just look at rental rate vs psf, you will notice the margins generally between 2~3% p.a. Asking PSF too high or competition too tough to find tenants?

teddybear
04-03-11, 18:07
You forgot the real reason: The "foreign talents" in Singapore are mostly no talent at all, most have lousy to no housing subsidiary paid by their employers! Only the real foreign talents can afford the properties in those prime districts but such numbers are really limited. (Of course, some of these so-called "foreign talents" lurking around in this forum will strong object to my such statement and always finding all sort of reasons to make personal attack on me (but will not admit that they do so because I said they are not real "foreign talent" and can't afford to live in prime properties!).

yeah.. referring to too many choices with high vacancy rates.

True also, owners have holding power.
Just look at rental rate vs psf, you will notice the margins generally between 2~3% p.a. Asking PSF too high or competition too tough to find tenants?

westman
04-03-11, 18:21
You forgot the real reason: The "foreign talents" in Singapore are mostly no talent at all, most have lousy to no housing subsidiary paid by their employers! Only the real foreign talents can afford the properties in those prime districts but such numbers are really limited. (Of course, some of these so-called "foreign talents" lurking around in this forum will strong object to my such statement and always finding all sort of reasons to make personal attack on me (but will not admit that they do so because I said they are not real "foreign talent" and can't afford to live in prime properties!).

Valid reason.
With many "lousy" FT and scarcity in nos.
Hence go for CCR if:

A) investor looking for asset appreciation?
B) for own stay

Correct?

teddybear
04-03-11, 18:24
Yes, but also for long-term investment and store of value. Rental Yield may not be the best but always higher than interest rates you need to pay to compensate you for holding.

Valid reason.
With many "lousy" FT and scarcity in nos.
Hence go for CCR if:

A) investor looking for asset appreciation?
B) for own stay

Correct?

mcmlxxvi
04-03-11, 18:53
devilplate is most likely single lah ... for those moving into CCR is mainly family with kids

1. The most kiasu parents (also richest), they will buy Bukit Timah to send their kid to Nanyang Primary School

2. The less kiasu one, settle for a regional top primary school such as Taonan (must buy property within 1km also). But when their kid scored very high PSLE, they apply to go to RI (Bishan), Dunman High (Tanjong Rhu), Hwa Chong (Bukit Timah) etc so the parents switch property to Bukit Timah or Bishan or Tanjong Rhu ..

It is not the parents like to stay in certain boring area, it is because they want their kids to stay nearer to the top school to save on travel time :2cents:
Ey somebody mentioned my high school! Memories... .. . But they moved after I graduated. Hrmpf. Never got to enjoy the all new campus.

westman
04-03-11, 19:12
Yes, but also for long-term investment and store of value. Rental Yield may not be the best but always higher than interest rates you need to pay to compensate you for holding.

Thanks for sharing your tot.:)

CCR
04-03-11, 20:24
stayed for a while b4, bukit timah is so boring :sleep:

Then simei happening ah? Lol....

CCR
04-03-11, 20:28
ERP will be satellite based soon. Gantry will be a thing of the past. CCR, OCR etc concepts will appear in history textbook too :D As Singapore progresses economically, it will be differentiated more along districts & hubs i.e. marina bay financial district, jurong lake district, paya lebar business hub etc and probably more to come :)

London, Paris, hong kong, new York don't have rep right? Do theynhave CCR?

mantrix
04-03-11, 20:51
i mean the gap between the purchase price n my saving. Cant save fast enough to catch the price.7 yrs ago plan, save $500k cash buy $1m property. 75% to the target saving, realise the similar property cost almost 1.5-1.8m liao.

then why pay 50%? Pay 20% can get long long ago liao :D

now 40% still :ashamed1:

DaytonaSS
04-03-11, 21:04
then why pay 50%? Pay 20% can get long long ago liao :D

now 40% still :ashamed1:

Ya, think don't want to pay so much interest ma! Hhahaha ever see bank paste stickers all over my hse b4 in 1997!

mantrix
04-03-11, 21:50
Ya, think don't want to pay so much interest ma! Hhahaha ever see bank paste stickers all over my hse b4 in 1997!

Had u done that, you'll be sitting on tons of paper money nw, bank stickers will be far far away.....

ecimbew
04-03-11, 22:24

Not to mention the failed regional centres - Tampines, Woodlands, and Jurong East. I bet you have forgotten. Are they really developed? Have they reduce traffic to central Singapore? Did it create more jobs to divert human from infiltrating the crowded CBD?

By the way, some wealthy guy has donated money to build a new hospital in Sengkang. It will be called Sengkang General Hospital. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1114386/1/.html

devilplate
04-03-11, 23:19
May be you are with the wrong flock of birds? :p

Almost all my friends who previously lived in OCR have managed to upgrade to CCR. :cheers1:
Some are lamenting about how hypocratic some of their friends are in saying why need to buy & live in CCR when OCR is so good but when they got the money all move to CCR, regardless of whether they are married, have children or no children etc. :doh:

my english so broken ar?:confused:
bukit timah is the only CCR meh?:tongue3:

y cannot stay in ocr but still own ccr ppty? :p

CCR
04-03-11, 23:50
Not to mention the failed regional centres - Tampines, Woodlands, and Jurong East. I bet you have forgotten. Are they really developed? Have they reduce traffic to central Singapore? Did it create more jobs to divert human from infiltrating the crowded CBD?

By the way, some wealthy guy has donated money to build a new hospital in Sengkang. It will be called Sengkang General Hospital. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1114386/1/.html

Far east donated lots of money to juror hospital and it's gonna be named Ng Teng Fong hospital....

teddybear
05-03-11, 00:56
Can, I have many friends who are at accumulating wealth stage starts with living in OCR (only property), then buy CCR for investment (start with 1, then 2), then after having enough wealth to afford living in CCR then move to CCR and sell their OCR. Thereafter, continue to buy CCR and rent out while living in CCR. It is just which stage the person is in. :D

McKinnon
05-03-11, 05:19
dunman high? :D

Ey somebody mentioned my high school! Memories... .. . But they moved after I graduated. Hrmpf. Never got to enjoy the all new campus.

devilplate
05-03-11, 08:37
Can, I have many friends who are at accumulating wealth stage starts with living in OCR (only property), then buy CCR for investment (start with 1, then 2), then after having enough wealth to afford living in CCR then move to CCR and sell their OCR. Thereafter, continue to buy CCR and rent out while living in CCR. It is just which stage the person is in. :D

Wah sounds like u oredi made it there....:cheers6:

Duno leh.... Wait till i make my first 50 mio den see my mindset will change anot....if it ever happen la.... Hehe

stalingrad
05-03-11, 08:57

Duno leh.... Wait till i make my first 50 mio den see my mindset will change anot....if it ever happen la.... Hehe

it is really frustrating to that boor teddy, isn't it? that makes you wonder how a person can be so crass and boorish. :simmering:

mantrix
05-03-11, 09:09
there are several CCR bulls here who sincerely believe their area is the ultimate goal for all singaporeans

i have got friends moving OUT of CCR into quiet OCR landed / PHs with lotsa greenery and fresh air and away from the maddening crowd...

I don't hear my peers aspiring to move towards central - they all want convenience of MRT nearby, schools, and good air. There is the occasional one who wants to move to Marina Bay though :D

Maybe I'm different age group from teddy but the tide is changing...the new generation has different mindsets nowadays :cheers6:

devilplate
05-03-11, 09:21
there are several CCR bulls here who sincerely believe their area is the ultimate goal for all singaporeans

i have got friends moving OUT of CCR into quiet OCR landed / PHs with lotsa greenery and fresh air and away from the maddening crowd...

I don't hear my peers aspiring to move towards central - they all want convenience of MRT nearby, schools, and good air. There is the occasional one who wants to move to Marina Bay though :D

Maybe I'm different age group from teddy but the tide is changing...the new generation has different mindsets nowadays :cheers6:
Ur frens oredi make it in life with more den 50mio spare cash?

If let say u got 50mio spare cash.... Will u guys still stay in ocr???

Ppty_owner said he moved out of sentosa n bck to katong rite???

teddybear
05-03-11, 09:44
as you said, new young got limited bulllets mah and landed in OCR is cheap, even cheaper than small size CCR condos. We have been young before & that is what some acquintance who want to be seen living in landed & show off but cannot afford prime CCR have to buy OCR & boost about their BIG house and useless to live in OCR.:p

DaytonaSS
05-03-11, 09:45

Just nice for a house in nassim :D and a nice convertible. I hate jams n cakes/cigg butts from "upstairs" . So far central location plus lots of green n quiet got to be tangling park/botanic garden region for me.

Got quiet enough of western OCR for most part of my life. Enjoying RCR now, wanna be able to afford staying in CCR but it's a big opportunity cost :eek: I guess a lot got to do with where u work.

DaytonaSS
05-03-11, 09:52
as you said, new young got limited bulllets mah and landed in OCR is cheap, even cheaper than small size CCR condos. We have been young before & that is what some acquintance who want to be seen living in landed & show off but cannot afford prime CCR have to buy OCR & boost about their BIG house and useless to live in OCR.:p

Not all like that lah, some live in the area entire life n they wanna continue to live n play there cos all there friends/family/neighbor are in the area. We got to accept some pple are not so concious abt districts/investments, they live near their office n businesses.

1 interesting observation I made is that most of my secondary school friends have move out of the neibourhood they grew up in. From west outwards.

patricia
05-03-11, 10:22
it is really frustrating to that boor teddy, isn't it? that makes you wonder how a person can be so crass and boorish. :simmering:Yeah. With xxx willing, he should..........

mantrix
05-03-11, 10:29

Some I know who stay in CCR has 1-2 mio, so want to tell the world they stay in CCR.

I know of one who has more than 10 mio he stays in OCR detached and has vacation homes everywhere. Summer time in SG he fly to Auckland where it's cool, rainy times he goes to Gold Coast, got one home in Bali, in UK and in Canada...so he pick and choose.

To people like him OCR or CCR does not make a difference, it's about experiencing life.

But I dunno of friends like yours with net worth past 50 mio, guess you are part of that elite fraternity ;)

Allthepies
05-03-11, 10:39
I know of one who has more than 10 mio he stays in OCR detached and has vacation homes everywhere.

hee hee >10million it is hard to stay in CCR detached. so if he wants to stay detached, no choice has to go OCR :D

05-03-11, 10:49
Yeah. With xxx willing, he should..........

Don't know what you trying to say. Pardon me, but I think if you dare not post what you want to say, might as well don't post the above incomplete sentence.

DC33_2008
05-03-11, 10:50
What would u do if you have 5 mil cash?

a. Buy a property in CCR.
b. Buy a few properties in OCR.

Allthepies
05-03-11, 10:53

if everyone buying OCR, then u should buy CCR.
if everyone buying CCR, then u should buy OCR..

based on current situation, u should bargain hunt for CCR...

mantrix
05-03-11, 11:03
hee hee >10million it is hard to stay in CCR detached. so if he wants to stay detached, no choice has to go OCR :D

No at that time it was enough to stay in CCR landed but he chose to stay OCR so he can have money to invest in other props for his vacation homes (rented out when he's not using)

devilplate
05-03-11, 11:03

Sadly, 5 mio really too little.....

But if u gona take let say 50% loan n intend to keep aside 1mio cash aside tat will gives u 8mio budget.... I will get a 1-2 ccr ppty for gd capital appreciation and another 1-2 ocr/rcr ppty for gd rental yield

If 50mio different liao, buy a nice sentosa ppty as holiday n dun hf to look at rental yield etc.... Lol

devilplate
05-03-11, 11:05
No at that time it was enough to stay in CCR landed but he chose to stay OCR so he can have money to invest in other props for his vacation homes (rented out when he's not using)

Which means he not there yet la....

Like me lor.... Always look at rental yield bcoz cannot afford to buy n keep the ppty vacant.... So sad

DC33_2008
05-03-11, 11:07
Thanks. My question is should you diversify your portfolio of properties. Bang on one property in CCR. It will be doomed if it does not appreciate given much lower rental yield for CCR compared to OCR. In addition, some city fringe unit properties have capital appreciation of more than 100% since TOP. The objective of my questions is
if everyone buying OCR, then u should buy CCR.
if everyone buying CCR, then u should buy OCR..

based on current situation, u should bargain hunt for CCR...

DC33_2008
05-03-11, 11:11
50 mil is premier league.
Sadly, 5 mio really too little.....

But if u gona take let say 50% loan n intend to keep aside 1mio cash aside tat will gives u 8mio budget.... I will get a 1-2 ccr ppty for gd capital appreciation and another 1-2 ocr/rcr ppty for gd rental yield

If 50mio different liao, buy a nice sentosa ppty as holiday n dun hf to look at rental yield etc.... Lol

mantrix
05-03-11, 11:18
Which means he not there yet la....

Like me lor.... Always look at rental yield bcoz cannot afford to buy n keep the ppty vacant.... So sad

I see...so you net worth also 10mio thereabouts....

If you not there yet, spare a thought for the others like us :(

Wild Falcon
05-03-11, 12:25
$5 million is a good reference point because one can talk very big in the forum but at the end of the day, the majority here don't even have a net worth of $5 million. And I'm sure lots will say "oh no! So poor thing, don't even have $5 million." but then I've come to realise those who talk big about having numerous big houses in best districts and never step into a kopitiam and have numerous performance cars in car forums sometimes can be the poorest amongst all in real life. Not talking about anyone i particular (so pls don't be sensitive) - just that take forum personas with a pinch of salt. And $5 million can already buy a CCR condo. In fact, $1+ million gets you there, the difference in wealth is not material, unless one is talking about landed and size matters then. And with $5 million, whether one prefers to buy one property or numerous with rental income is a matter of choice. The younger set looking for financial freedom and greater risk diversification will look for the latter. Bearing in mind property is already very expensive in current climate for fresh grads. Gone are the days u can flip property and make hundreds of thousands almost risk-free. So the need to cut down one's investment into smaller bite size for flexibility and cash flows becomes important.

Regulators
05-03-11, 12:53
I know a property agent from roof with a team of agents under him, live in hdb flat but own ccr in river valley as well as ocr in jurong.

Regulators
05-03-11, 13:00
There is a difference between having millions when your hair turns grey and having millions at the prime of your life. I look up to people like larry page and mark zukerberg more than donald trump

devilplate
05-03-11, 13:16
I see...so you net worth also 10mio thereabouts....

If you not there yet, spare a thought for the others like us :(
Teddy: spare a tot for us yay?

teddybear
05-03-11, 20:24
Actually is for your own good - real life stories to spur your all to greater heights (and don't stick the head in the sand like some others here, lamenting that all my talks are bull-shit). :cheers1:

Teddy: spare a tot for us yay?

DaytonaSS
05-03-11, 20:29
$5 million is a good reference point because one can talk very big in the forum but at the end of the day, the majority here don't even have a net worth of $5 million. And I'm sure lots will say "oh no! So poor thing, don't even have $5 million." but then I've come to realise those who talk big about having numerous big houses in best districts and never step into a kopitiam and have numerous performance cars in car forums sometimes can be the poorest amongst all in real life. Not talking about anyone i particular (so pls don't be sensitive) - just that take forum personas with a pinch of salt. And $5 million can already buy a CCR condo. In fact, $1+ million gets you there, the difference in wealth is not material, unless one is talking about landed and size matters then. And with $5 million, whether one prefers to buy one property or numerous with rental income is a matter of choice. The younger set looking for financial freedom and greater risk diversification will look for the latter. Bearing in mind property is already very expensive in current climate for fresh grads. Gone are the days u can flip property and make hundreds of thousands almost risk-free. So the need to cut down one's investment into smaller bite size for flexibility and cash flows becomes important.

5m self made very successful liao! Cash somemore. Can own bank 5 m already very steady. If someone here early 30's here and is that statues can I buy u coffee n ask u 2 qns?

sh
05-03-11, 20:56
Thanks. My question is should you diversify your portfolio of properties. Bang on one property in CCR. It will be doomed if it does not appreciate given much lower rental yield for CCR compared to OCR. In addition, some city fringe unit properties have capital appreciation of more than 100% since TOP. The objective of my questions is

I want high rental yield and also high capital appreciation potential too...so I was targeting CCR or at fringe of CCR, near MRT, usually small, almost MM size, not new launch, but relatively new. Hard to fine, so have to look hard, now even harder to fine.... :)

Don't have 5mil, so rental yield is critical too, for cash flow

I want my cake and eat it tooo....:D

And also want FH too....

So hard to find.....:(

DaytonaSS
05-03-11, 20:59
I want high rental yield and also high capital appreciation potential too...so I was targeting CCR or at fringe of CCR, near MRT, usually small, almost MM size, not new launch, but relatively new. Hard to fine, so have to look hard, now even harder to fine.... :)

Don't have 5mil, so rental yield is critical too, for cash flow

I want my cake and eat it tooo....:D

And also want FH too....

So hard to find.....:(

If have y the owner wanna sell to u.... somemore most probably pple want it cheap also. So can i say it does not exist?

sh
05-03-11, 21:07
If have y the owner wanna sell to u.... somemore most probably pple want it cheap also. So can i say it does not exist?

It exists, but you have to be nimble.... I recently bought an almost new tenanted FH MM in CCR near MRT giving me 4% gross yield. Made the offer matching the owner's asking in a day without even seeing the unit. Been Bio-ing the devleopment for a long time. Closed within a day :D

Still haven't seen the unit:beats-me-man:

Not expecting it to happen again....:(

DaytonaSS
05-03-11, 21:11
It exists, but you have to be nimble.... I recently bought an almost new tenanted FH MM in CCR near MRT giving me 4% gross yield. Made the offer matching the owner's asking in a day without even seeing the unit. Been Bio-ing the devleopment for a long time. Closed within a day :D

u are good! same like an expert i know, managed to nego his way for a OTP from 40k to almost negligible and bought an property within 1 day without seeing the property. Sitting on 0.5m gain within a year now. u all are my idol.

devilplate
05-03-11, 21:23

Confident n brave.... :)

sh
05-03-11, 21:29
Confident n brave.... :)

No regrets yet....:D

Lovelle
05-03-11, 21:42

this one is quite true. but u think is it good to bang all on one country ? or diversify ?

it seems now asia boom covers spore, hk, mal almost all asean country. so if diversify to europe or us, aus ... u tink it will work ?

sh
05-03-11, 21:47
this one is quite true. but u think is it good to bang all on one country ? or diversify ?

it seems now asia boom covers spore, hk, mal almost all asean country. so if diversify to europe or us, aus ... u tink it will work ?

thought about it... but too much research needs to be done.... restrictions to foreigners, taxes, merits of each city, merits of each district within the city, legal issues, financing issues, leasing issues etc etc.....:scared-5:

lazy lah....

DaytonaSS
05-03-11, 22:19
thought about it... but too much research needs to be done.... restrictions to foreigners, taxes, merits of each city, merits of each district within the city, legal issues, financing issues, leasing issues etc etc.....:scared-5:

lazy lah....

asked some friends staying overseas. No 1 consideration when buying overseas, better buy from reputable developers. IF not maybe like some owners kanna caught by malaysia developers. The building never materalised

devilplate
05-03-11, 22:38

more applicable to those >50mio:2cents:

if worry abt SG future,.....keep gold bars lor and some other currencies....hehe:D

land118
06-03-11, 09:31
more applicable to those >50mio:2cents:

if worry abt SG future,.....keep gold bars lor and some other currencies....hehe:D
I have some VN friends who were boat people years ago and now made in States, when on the run, most liquid asset is gold, greenback, rolex or PP watches in the past....for sure, if u have any of these, can buy a seat on the getaway boat...

hopeful
06-03-11, 09:56
ya. when need to do a crown, ensure that the crown is made of gold. That's your emergency ticket.:D

land118
06-03-11, 11:45
ya. when need to do a crown, ensure that the crown is made of gold. That's your emergency ticket.:D
Ya...good idea....in times of turmoil, robbers will be literally gunning for your head...:D

DC33_2008
06-03-11, 11:50
Have been thinking about it. Country has to have favourable policy, stablility and sound currency. Otherwise, like now with the strengthening of SGD against pounds, euros, US$, etc... Properties bought years ago and to sell now will be a problem. A lot of things are beyond control. Was asked to invest in hotel property near a beach in the region. Not very comfortable. With climate change, flooding in Aust and earthquake in New Zealand, etc. Bottomline has to really do indepth reseach and homework.