PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Advice required urgently

Petertan123
07-03-11, 06:47
Hi Bro and Sis,

Would like to ask for some advice from all the gurus here.

My suitation is as below:
- Need to find as house as just sold off my house for SGD650k
- Need to move out by June 2011

Hope to Do :
- Want to have at least 3 bedder or above 140sqm
- Want to stay near Hougang Central for personal reasons
- Want to invest in some properties with the SGD650K received(one for staying and others for investment)
- Other personal cash savings is about SGD300K

Questions :
- To buy properties now, or to rent a place to stay now for a year and wait for price to hopefully drop ? - now is rather on high isde
- Any condo recommendations to buy in Hougang ?
- Any condo recommendations to buy elsewhere ?
- Saw condo price in Bishan and Hougang are almost same. So will Bishan be a better buy than Hougang in this aspect ?

Really appreciate your most kind help and advise here, as I am indeed in this real situation now.... have no intention to show off or whatsoever if any...

Thanks in advance..

devilplate
07-03-11, 07:26
Which condo in bishan similar price to hougang?

950k cash/cpf quite a gd sum.... Buy 1 for ur own stay now will b better den u paying rental.....

assuming u can take 20% loan..... Keep the rest..... ;)

I m sure many others share the same thought? Hehe

Ronan Loh
07-03-11, 07:26
Rent first and monitor

Allthepies
07-03-11, 07:55
seems like you havent started looking for a replacement house.

my advice is u should start looking now becos typically it can take more than 1 year to hunt for your ideal home unless u have no requirements for ur home....

so at the mean time you have to make do with renting a roof...

hopeful
07-03-11, 08:04
Hi Bro and Sis,

Hope to Do :
- Want to invest in some properties with the SGD650K received(one for staying and others for investment)

Are you sure definitely you are getting the full amount of $650k.
No need to repay loan.
No need to return back to CPF.
Other expenses like agent commision etc.

In the meantime, rent somewhere cheap.

greenhorn
07-03-11, 08:05
for own stay - buy a home you like and can afford. don't rent. rental saved can go towards paying off mortgage. rental option only if you can't find a place you like now and need more time to hunt / search for your home.

for investment (2nd pty) - can wait for better time. no rush now as you said rightly that prices are on high side now.

what was your motivation to sell your current house without a back up plan? You seem desperate to find another place now.

rattydrama
07-03-11, 08:19
buy one near mrt and take yr time to hunt your ideal home.
now is not the time to buy 2 together.

fooblackie
07-03-11, 09:20
Hi Bro and Sis,

Hope to Do :

Questions :
- To buy properties now, or to rent a place to stay now for a year and wait for price to hopefully drop ? - now is rather on high isde
- Saw condo price in Bishan and Hougang are almost same. So will Bishan be a better buy than Hougang in this aspect ?

Really appreciate your most kind help and advise here, as I am indeed in this real situation now.... have no intention to show off or whatsoever if any...

Thanks in advance..

I think you know that there are no developments near to Hougang Central at the moment. the nearest should be the Florida / Rio Vista further down upper serangoon. Florida, should be 8-10 min walk to Hougang MRT. Price-wise should be more affordable given that it is already 10 yr development (EC previously).

Otherwise, you can try those closer to Kovan which will obviously be pricier.

If you are not picky and can stay relatively close to HG central, those developments at Buangkok (Quartz) or Punngol Park (Rivervale, Park Green) are about 3-5 min drive to HG central. I personally like the Rivervale if you can get past its facade issue.

I do not think renting is a good option in this rising mkt. If prices continues to go up, you may have to rent a few years before there is a downturn in prices. By then, you may have suffered a significant damage to your bank acct.

Laguna
07-03-11, 09:21
U hv more than one year to hunt for a property

so start looking for one now,
I think still can wait for a while as the prices will not fly off like last year.

It takes about 6 months to one year to get your dream house.

Reassess the situation, perhap renting in June 2011 could be a good choice as look like there are many TOP in 2013

devilplate
07-03-11, 09:59
toking about ideal home....actually not such thingy....its a matter of one's expectations....

june 2011....2-3mths time....try looking for a home for own stay now lor....i can see more reasonably priced homes nowadays after the latest cooling measures....if u manage to find it b4 june....den u jus nid to rent a plc for a few mths/short term....if not, rent a place for 1yr lor....:D

looking for a home can takes few wks to few yrs.....depending on one's expectations really....:D

dingding
07-03-11, 10:01
Hi Bro and Sis,

Hope to Do :

Questions :

Thanks in advance..

bishan better ;) - nearer mrt even better ;)

if u do your numbers - within that affordability level - and if u see something u like, should buy - problem is this, it does take a long time to find something u like that will fit your budget. dont under-estimate the amt of time needed to find that home.

buy becos u like and can afford, dont buy becos u r scared prices will go up and settle for 2nd best.

if by apr, u still cant find, then rent first lor. rent somewhere near or in those places that u like to see if u like before u buy.

amk
07-03-11, 11:16
bishan is near hougang meh ? :confused: I thought u want hougang only...

I concur with devil: should look for own stay instead of renting. resale pricing didn't really jump over the last year, only the new sale price is jumping.

for example bishan 8, after 12 yrs, finally the current price seems reasonable, but still much lower than the new condos. even cheaper than rafflesia.

phantom_opera
07-03-11, 11:42
There is always a reason why a resale flat is cheaper than its peers as potential buyer can inspect the end product easily. Market is always right 99% of the time unless you know something that market is yet to know :2cents:

devilplate
07-03-11, 11:45
There is always a reason why a resale flat is cheaper than its peers as potential buyer can inspect the end product easily. Market is always right 99% of the time unless you know something that market is yet to know :2cents:

true but there will be times of ppty price lag....jus like in 2006-07, CCR stole the limelight.....den later on OCR/RCR started to capture attention and here comes the mighty LANDED currently

ctng78
07-03-11, 12:19
I just read a book - Secrets of Singapore Property Guru. I think the hints are very clear in the book. Price too high now. Rent and monitor first.

devilplate
07-03-11, 12:27
I just read a book - Secrets of Singapore Property Guru. I think the hints are very clear in the book. Price too high now. Rent and monitor first.

u mean this book? avail in the stores liao?
http://www.commercialguru.com.sg/customer-service/press-releases/top-property-investment-tips-from-allproperty-medi

it will no longer be a secret liao lor as i suppose there r thousands/millions of copies? hehe...joking ..

mantrix
07-03-11, 12:31
Take 650K and buy a yacht - can stay inside and is freehold (or as long as it lasts) :D

mcmlxxvi
07-03-11, 13:06

While they are busy writing the stories and reading them... I think many experts here are already living examples and practising it.

mcmlxxvi
07-03-11, 13:12
Hi Bro and Sis,

Hope to Do :

Questions :

Thanks in advance..

Buy Kovan Residences (downpayment only about 300k) or one of those other smaller projects nearby that TOP soon for own stay and then MM around there (downpayment about 200k or you can pay full to reap highest returns) like Kovan Grandeur for investment.

ysyap
07-03-11, 14:53
Actually nobody can give u sound advises that is tailored to your specific requirements.
First, there is no mention of your preference, like leasehold vs freehold or near mrt or not and also aparment vs condo (full facilities)
Second, no mention of how much monthly u can set aside to service home mortgage for your new property or u have no intentions to borrow from bank.
Third, are u needing to shift in with time constraint? I.e. how long can u rent?

However, these are few pointers which I have.

1. If buying for stay, any time is fine. If conincide with low property price, then good, otherwise, so long as u can service the mortgage, go for it because the option of renting and waiting for price to come down seldom work. When prices are soaring and u can't buy, u think u are avoiding the crunch but guess what, you are paying high rentals too (can be about 40k to 50k annually). If prices still don't come down, rent another year. So u lost 100k. From recent history on property prices (based on studies conducted... not by me!!!), they usually don't fall (if any at all) from govt cooling measures. These measures usually only prevent prices from soaring further. Only financial crisis and SARS, etc will we see some drop in prices. However, when it climbs, it can go up 300k in 1 year for a typical 3 bedder and even 1m for a cluster house in 2 years. Therefore, renting now might result in paying more later and still loose that rental amount for 1 or 2 years. On a casual note, we can buy a D19 condo of abt 1300sq ft for about 800k in 2009 but 2 years on, that same unit is asking for 1.1m. So, if u so decide to rent now, pray that the Arab crisis will cause another unrest so that price might just fall a bit (just a bit). The govt cannot allow prices to fall too much either. What an irony!:doh:

2. If buying for investment, then not only prices of properties is vital but also bank interest rates as well as rental yields and accessibility to public transports plus a list of other factors. Well, I think investing in properties now is not exactly wise because the market is still correcting itself. Have a clearer picture before deciding which development is reacting to these price corrections. Give a few more months. Bank interest rates might be extremely low now but it might well sustain for next few months so just ensure u get a place ideal for rent. When there is no urgency to stay, then spend more time selecting and choosing the best unit. You will not regret it for getting a choice unit that has max returns.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

hopeful
07-03-11, 16:36
1. If buying for stay, any time is fine. If conincide with low property price, then good, otherwise, so long as u can service the mortgage, go for it because the option of renting and waiting for price to come down seldom work. When prices are soaring and u can't buy, u think u are avoiding the crunch but guess what, you are paying high rentals too (can be about 40k to 50k annually). .......

Why rent so a full unit? Rent a room enough already.
If need help, please feel free to ask Tericia for advise.
He can squeeze family of 5 into a room :D

sh
07-03-11, 17:30
you need to move out by june! It takes 3 months to close a property transaction. Even you find a property tomorrow, it's not certain you can make it.

You will probably need somewhere to squat.

It takes time to find an ideal property, especially for own stay, it may take months....

I suggest that you start looking now. Prices may rise or fall, but finding a property you like is not easy, I rather pay more for an ideal property than wait for prices to fall, you may or may not find something ideal at that time. But take your time, as prices should be quite stable for now.

Unless you're expecting prices to crash, than that's another story.

But you'll need a back up plan for a roof over your head when the time comes, because to move into your new property by june is iffy....

Condo Kaiser
07-03-11, 17:41
I too don't believe prices will crash (-20% or more). But I also don't believe prices for resale can move much.

So bottom line is how much are you willing to spend to find your dream home. It is definitely better to rent first and slowly look for a unit to buy. Especially so if you have several family members' needs which need addressing.

It is not easy at all to find one suitable for own stay and within your budget, but at the same time you are burning money by renting. So consider carefully before signing the rental agreement.

ysyap
07-03-11, 18:46
Given the improbably timeline to get your dream home, I suggest you negotiate with the buyer of your current property to rent it for 6mths while you continue to search for that home. If the buyer is rushing to move in, then rent elsewhere. Your tension is if u rent and home prices don't fall, you will incur rental cost but if u secure a unit tomorrow (can just ask for few weeks extension from your current buyer) you risk getting a unit that is less than a dream home. But like many who has mentioned, never rush to grab a property or else you have the next year to regret. Its not like doing your grocery.:scared-5: Property prices should be pretty stable for now. Even when it is climbing, it is still at a quite acceptable rate. I suggest you pen down your requirements for your dream home (like near mrt / freehold / near ammenities / condo facilities / price range / old or new condo / no. of rooms / etc.) Then get an agent to help you do the sourcing and running around. Hopefully something good comes along in the next couple of weeks or months. :)

rattydrama
07-03-11, 23:46
if there is a CM5, more cash needed. If reduce to CM3, price will shoot up. So better to buy one with investment value.

romeo
07-03-11, 23:50
hmm.. not wise to buy two properties in one go..
with $950k and looking at 3+1 with 140sqm.. n another property.. bank loan u muz take full for both..? seem quite shiong to me.. esp when interests start picking up..

make your move wisely.. dun rush.. getting your own roof over your head first is priority, investment come second..

anyone agree?:)

hopeful
08-03-11, 00:41
hmm.. not wise to buy two properties in one go..
with $950k and looking at 3+1 with 140sqm.. n another property.. bank loan u muz take full for both..? seem quite shiong to me.. esp when interests start picking up..

make your move wisely.. dun rush.. getting your own roof over your head first is priority, investment come second..

anyone agree?:)

That'a a motherhood statement. :p

hopeful
08-03-11, 00:45
if have 950k to spend
1) if buy only 1 property, you can buy a more expensive condo as LTV80%.
2) if buy 2 or more property, your combined properties are lower quantum as 1st property is LTV80% an 2nd property is LTV60%.

rattydrama
08-03-11, 01:10
if have 950k to spend
1) if buy only 1 property, you can buy a more expensive condo as LTV80%.
2) if buy 2 or more property, your combined properties are lower quantum as 1st property is LTV80% an 2nd property is LTV60%.

max 2 property and keep balance cash.

Douk
08-03-11, 06:35
Given the improbably timeline to get your dream home, I suggest you negotiate with the buyer of your current property to rent it for 6mths while you continue to search for that home. If the buyer is rushing to move in, then rent elsewhere. Your tension is if u rent and home prices don't fall, you will incur rental cost but if u secure a unit tomorrow (can just ask for few weeks extension from your current buyer) you risk getting a unit that is less than a dream home. But like many who has mentioned, never rush to grab a property or else you have the next year to regret. Its not like doing your grocery.:scared-5: Property prices should be pretty stable for now. Even when it is climbing, it is still at a quite acceptable rate. I suggest you pen down your requirements for your dream home (like near mrt / freehold / near ammenities / condo facilities / price range / old or new condo / no. of rooms / etc.) Then get an agent to help you do the sourcing and running around. Hopefully something good comes along in the next couple of weeks or months. :)

Right. Too short time to search for home. Rent first will be ideal.

teddybear
08-03-11, 07:33
Actually not too short time to buy. Still have 3 months in total, get the lawyer to complete within 6 weeks, that means still have 7 weeks to look for your ideal property. :cheers1:

Petertan123
08-03-11, 21:16
I am amazed by the numbers of quick replies within a day, and is greatly touched by the unselfishness in sharing knowledge in this forum. Thanks so much guys and gals...

After going through the replies, I think that the most important thing which is echoed throughout all the replies is to have a roof over head first, and investment later.

Hence, I intend to give myself until beginning April to hunt for that "ideal" house. I know it is short time period, but I must try and not regret later.

After beginning April, I will need to settle in renting a house, which I will still have another 8 more weeks to hunt. Despite it will be a costly option, the roof over head is important.

For investment property, will wait for the maybe possible drop in price in Yr 2013-2015.. Maybe that will be a better timing to buy then.. cross finger

I believe the above should be the optimum solution for this mess I am in right now. I have no choice as there need to be an end to my "misery" somewhere.
Anyway, wish me luck in my hunting !!:scared-2:

rattydrama
08-03-11, 21:43
This is the power of Internet

fooblackie
09-03-11, 08:38
I am amazed by the numbers of quick replies within a day, and is greatly touched by the unselfishness in sharing knowledge in this forum. Thanks so much guys and gals...

After going through the replies, I think that the most important thing which is echoed throughout all the replies is to have a roof over head first, and investment later.

Hence, I intend to give myself until beginning April to hunt for that "ideal" house. I know it is short time period, but I must try and not regret later.

After beginning April, I will need to settle in renting a house, which I will still have another 8 more weeks to hunt. Despite it will be a costly option, the roof over head is important.

For investment property, will wait for the maybe possible drop in price in Yr 2013-2015.. Maybe that will be a better timing to buy then.. cross finger

I believe the above should be the optimum solution for this mess I am in right now. I have no choice as there need to be an end to my "misery" somewhere.

sounds like a plan. gd for you.

Do look ard the forum as there were gd discussions on the various developments in this forum. i found it helpful when I was also searching for my house.

If in doubt, just post your questions on the developments you are eyeing on. The folks will be more than happy to address your questions.

Cheers - happy house hunting.

P.S. it can be highly stressful but highly rewarding too if you managed to get a unit of your liking!

Laguna
09-03-11, 09:12

yes, good luck to u
It is very critical to have your dream house and I have found mine.
BTW : it is very difficult to have short term rental...mostly one year

East Lover
09-03-11, 10:39
Since you are cash rich now, how about use $100,000 to rent a unit for 3 years? on the meantime you use the rest of 850K to search for new development which will take 2-3 years to TOP (40% down payment), and find your second unit as an investment unit for instant rental (assume that unit buy first, so only 20% downpayment)? that rental will cover your current rental, give you higher return as only 20% downpayment and yet it will give you time to find your dreamhome.

Need to ask also: will landloard give big discount if pay 3 years rental at a big fat cheque? is it advisable to do so?

devilplate
09-03-11, 10:46
Since you are cash rich now, how about use $100,000 to rent a unit for 3 years? on the meantime you use the rest of 850K to search for new development which will take 2-3 years to TOP (40% down payment), and find your second unit as an investment unit for instant rental (assume that unit buy first, so only 20% downpayment)? that rental will cover your current rental, give you higher return as only 20% downpayment and yet it will give you time to find your dreamhome.

Need to ask also: will landloard give big discount if pay 3 years rental at a big fat cheque? is it advisable to do so?

wah u seems very bullish......i tink u r the only one tat suggest to buy 2 ppty now? hehe

i tink not wise to book 3yr rental contract as tenant nid to pay 3mth deposit wor....i am sure some landlords wun mind at all....haha:D

East Lover
09-03-11, 10:54
wah u seems very bullish......i tink u r the only one tat suggest to buy 2 ppty now? hehe

i tink not wise to book 3yr rental contract as tenant nid to pay 3mth deposit wor....i am sure some landlords wun mind at all....haha:D
i'm thinking of use the 2nd one to cover his rental mah...

and give $100K first landload must give big discount then can consider

i just feel painful for his big rental if wait for new project TOP for 3 years...

devilplate
09-03-11, 10:59
i'm thinking of use the 2nd one to cover his rental mah...

and give $100K first landload must give big discount then can consider

i just feel painful for his big rental if wait for new project TOP for 3 years...

tats y we r suggesting to him to get a ready resale for own stay:D

i tink florida gd candidate....cheap @ ard 650psf....downside risk bare minimum

East Lover
09-03-11, 11:03
tats y we r suggesting to him to get a ready resale for own stay:D

i tink florida gd candidate....cheap @ ard 650psf....downside risk bare minimum
any chance property will go down? how about buy this for rental, and find some place to rent near to his idea location? worthy or not?

devilplate
09-03-11, 11:13
any chance property will go down? how about buy this for rental, and find some place to rent near to his idea location? worthy or not?

not worthy la!

rent a plc...nid to see landlord's face...pay agt comm etc and u goto tahan the condition....cannot renovate or rather dun make sense to renovate a place nice nice which doesnt belong to u....hehe:D

East Lover
09-03-11, 11:15
not worthy la!

rent a plc...nid to see landlord's face...pay agt comm etc and u goto tahan the condition....cannot renovate or rather dun make sense to renovate a place nice nice which doesnt belong to u....hehe:D
but if the transaction timing not matching, usually the minimum rent is 1 year, at least 6 mth, seems impossible to have streamless transition leh.

devilplate
09-03-11, 11:22
but if the transaction timing not matching, usually the minimum rent is 1 year, at least 6 mth, seems impossible to have streamless transition leh.

ya...he cfm nid to rent short term or 1yr

mabe just rent 1 yr...den can slowly find the perfect home lor....moreover he may nid few mths to renovate the future home

East Lover
09-03-11, 11:32
ya...he cfm nid to rent short term or 1yr

mabe just rent 1 yr...den can slowly find the perfect home lor....moreover he may nid few mths to renovate the future home
poor guy, he have to move house for 3 times within 1 year!:scared-4:

moomooteo
09-03-11, 11:45
Why must buy new launch? There is alot of value and good resale or subsale units. The premium paid for new launch and the long waiting time is just not for people who are looking for a roof over their head. By buying resale, one will spent minimum on rent (as this is expenses) and can get a roof over your heads the soonest. Secondly, u can feel, see and touch the real thing for resale, not just based on a piece of floor plan or showflats (which is very misleading).

Judas
09-03-11, 19:39
Maybe you do it the other way round. Buy your investment unit quickly now. Stay in it until you find your dream home (then rent it out). Then you dont need to pay rent.

ysyap
09-03-11, 20:58
Maybe you do it the other way round. Buy your investment unit quickly now. Stay in it until you find your dream home (then rent it out). Then you dont need to pay rent.

May not work out to do the other way either coz buying investment unit also requires good planning and loads of consideration. Eg. near mrt, etc for good rental yield. Also, his time constraint is still present, whether buy for own stay or investment. Still think investment can wait.

In your original posting, you asked for recommendations on condos in and outside Hougang.

Here are several options to consider if looking at Hougang.
1) Rio Vista (full condo facilities but leasehold) abt 950k for 3 bedders. Decent size. 20% downpayment = 190k + stamp duty + reno
2) Kovan Residence (full condo facilities and near MRT but leasehold) abt 1.2m for 3 bedders. Decent size. 20% downpayment = 240k + stamp duty + min reno (expected TOP in abt 6 months)
3) Kovan 81 (basic condo facilities, 999yrs) abt 1.1m for 3 bedders. Quite small. 20% downpayment = 220k + stamp duty + reno
4) D Pavilion (decent condo facilities, freehold) abt 1.3m for 3 bedders. Decent size. 20% downpayment = 260k + stamp duty + min reno (just TOP)

Slightyly beyond Hougang.
1) Cherryhill (full condo facilities; freehold) abt 1.2m for 3 bedders. Very huge size. (Old condo so more for reno)
2) Sun Rosier (full condo; freehold) abt 1.2m for 3 bedders. Very huge size. (Old condo so more for reno)
3) Evania (decent condo facilities) abt 1.2m for 3+1 bedders. Decent size. (Just TOP) (but may either get noisy road or west sun)
4) The Quartz (full condo facilities) abt 1.1m for 3 bedders. Decent size. (TOP abt a year plus ago) (minor reno might be required)

Based on my preliminary suggestions, you may consider putting aside probably 400K (inclusive of 20% downpayment + stamp duty + reno) for the first home for self stay. For the investment unit where you will need to have 40% of the sale price in cash, you will need about 400K (excluding stamp duty) for a 1m unit. With the remaining 550k, you can look for a unit costing up to 1.3m. However, I suggest you do not use up all the 550k. Aportion some for wet weather program. Just my 3 cents worth of opinion.

All these facts and figures are subjected to errors. Its totally based on what I can remember and may not be totally updated. I bothered to share these information because I can understand the frustrations of not knowing where to start in D19 where there are so so many developments to choose from and more are still appearing. I still have other options but don't want to bore u down so decided to just suggest 4 within Hougang and 4 near Hougang.

Wish you all the best in your search....

Laguna
09-03-11, 21:56
sun)
All these facts and figures are subjected to errors. Its totally based on what I can remember and may not be totally updated. I bothered to share these information because I can understand the frustrations of not knowing where to start in D19 where there are so so many developments to choose from and more are still appearing. I still have other options but don't want to bore u down so decided to just suggest 4 within Hougang and 4 near Hougang.

Wish you all the best in your search....

Job well done!

azeoprop
09-03-11, 22:32
Maybe u can try kovan residences? 4 bedroom units still available I think and TOP soon?
http://www.kovanresidences.com/

hopeful
10-03-11, 08:58
poor guy, he have to move house for 3 times within 1 year!:scared-4:

maternal instincts to the fore :)

but no need to sympthatise, this is poor planning on his part.:doh:

devilplate
10-03-11, 09:09
maternal instincts to the fore :)

actually if a person nid to upgrade from HDB to a condo now....i wud suggest him to sell his HDB flat first leh rather den buy first den sell....if the market in 2010....den can take a risk to buy first den sell....

furthermore, majority of the upgradders can only afford to sell first den buy anyway....

hopeful
10-03-11, 09:24
actually if a person nid to upgrade from HDB to a condo now....i wud suggest him to sell his HDB flat first leh rather den buy first den sell....if the market in 2010....den can take a risk to buy first den sell....

furthermore, majority of the upgradders can only afford to sell first den buy anyway....

if you noticed, he get 650k from sale of flat and have additional cash of 300k.
From that 300k, enough to get a condo already.

Also there is such a thing as bridging loan.

devilplate
10-03-11, 09:35
if you noticed, he get 650k from sale of flat and have additional cash of 300k.
From that 300k, enough to get a condo already.

Also there is such a thing as bridging loan.

i oredi mentioned...personally, now not a gd time to buy first den sell....:2cents:

hopeful
10-03-11, 10:21
i oredi mentioned...personally, now not a gd time to buy first den sell....:2cents:

my response was to this part of your post:

obviously he is not one of the majority. He can afford to buy his condo with his 300k cash, no need to sell HDB first.

East Lover
10-03-11, 13:33
maternal instincts to the fore

the moral of the story: don't use the property you called home to play. use your second or third properties to play "buy low sell high" game :)

Petertan123
11-03-11, 12:09
Hi all,

May i know what do you think about Compass Height at SengKang ? Is it overvalue now ?

Do you reckon it is worth to buy ?? Thanks.. :)

devilplate
11-03-11, 12:14
Hi all,

May i know what do you think about Compass Height at SengKang ? Is it overvalue now ?

worth buy if u compare with the future launch price(easily 1.2kpsf+) at the one at punggol mrt

Petertan123
11-03-11, 12:40
hmmm...$1.2k+ psf for that location .. :doh: :doh:

ysyap
11-03-11, 13:21
Hi all,

In terms of cash, it probably is still ok. However you must be prepared that although amenities are all around, it gets a little noisy because the crowd movement below you as well as the LRT traveling so near and the bus depot below, it might just be a little unpleasant. Furthermore, air pollution is also a concern. For that price, I'd rather go for The Quartz because its first newer, second, less noise and air pollution and third, equally accessible to good food and ntuc plus MRT station. Just my opinion.

fooblackie
11-03-11, 14:31
In terms of cash, it probably is still ok. However you must be prepared that although amenities are all around, it gets a little noisy because the crowd movement below you as well as the LRT traveling so near and the bus depot below, it might just be a little unpleasant. Furthermore, air pollution is also a concern. For that price, I'd rather go for The Quartz because its first newer, second, less noise and air pollution and third, equally accessible to good food and ntuc plus MRT station. Just my opinion.

both compass and quartz pricing is abt the same ballpark.

Quartz is newer but the amenities around it is not as fanastic like Compass which has a big shopping center plus bus interchange.

Compass oso on top of MRT. But more noise, esp LRT and the MRT "trembling" effect. You got to see if you can sense it. I used to sense it when inside Compass pt.

If getting Compass, try to get one far away from the LRT stop.

Quartz is also nearer to Hougang. I even believe they are within walkable distance (10min). Driving is < 3 min.

No perfect development. you have to find the right balance.

suggest you hurry make your choice. A unit just transacted at $740PSF at park green. $1.1m for an EC in ulu Seng kang...

devilplate
11-03-11, 14:44
both compass and quartz pricing is abt the same ballpark.

Quartz is newer but the amenities around it is not as fanastic like Compass which has a big shopping center plus bus interchange.

Compass oso on top of MRT. But more noise, esp LRT and the MRT "trembling" effect. You got to see if you can sense it. I used to sense it when inside Compass pt.

If getting Compass, try to get one far away from the LRT stop.

Quartz is also nearer to Hougang. I even believe they are within walkable distance (10min). Driving is < 3 min.

No perfect development. you have to find the right balance.

suggest you hurry make your choice. A unit just transacted at $740PSF at park green. $1.1m for an EC in ulu Seng kang...

wow...740psf!!!!!

for investment, i wud choose compass....self stay quartz for me:2cents: :D

the nearby HDBs around buangkok MRT looks trendy and nice too....basement carpark somemore....i wished i can buy one:mad:

fooblackie
11-03-11, 15:37
wow...740psf!!!!!

the nearby HDBs around buangkok MRT looks trendy and nice too....basement carpark somemore....i wished i can buy one:mad:

agreed too.. the only thing i dislike abt Quartz is that it is made by Ah Tiongs haha... not sure of the quality issue...

also be aware of 1 confirmed (Esparina) + 1 potential development which will be constructed soon. Dust + sound !! :banghead:

moomooteo
11-03-11, 15:54
wow...740psf!!!!!

If u look at this pricing, psf price is 523psf. This is a hdb and at so call ulu sengkang. Will u buy assuming u met the criteria.

265E Compassvale Bow 16 to 20
92.00 Premium Apartment 2007 $518,000.00 Feb 2011

amk
11-03-11, 19:09
Wow half a mil in sengkang for HDB.... :scared-5:

... Did I just wake up ..? :cool: I thought this kind of number only applies to mature estates .. ?

No wonder CDL gan gan sell at 920 and it's already discounted ;)

kane
11-03-11, 21:24
And this is a 4rm 92sqm.

iconmaniac
12-03-11, 00:52
Why not consider Evergreen Park? I just got a unit there after some sourcing around Hougang... all units good size! :)

ysyap
12-03-11, 12:30
Why not consider Evergreen Park? I just got a unit there after some sourcing around Hougang... all units good size! :)

Evergreen Park is about as old as Compass Ht but slightly cheaper. However, depending on your requirements, it is less accessible. If you have children or family members taking public transport, Compass Ht would be better. However, Evergreen Park is quieter.

Nearby developments include Florida and Rio Vista (has shuttle bus services to Hougang Mall). Although Florida is EC, its more than 10yrs old so can be sold to foreigners already. All three developments have good floor areas.

In terms of accessibility and amenities, Compass Ht wins handsdown. Along with Kovan Melody and Kovan Residence. If don't mind apartments, can also consider Kovana and Sanctuary 813 or 57@ Kovan.

blackfire
12-03-11, 17:20
Compass Height is sitting right on top of the bus interchange. If I can remember correctly, the owners do not the rights of the land, and the owners have to maintain the development in very good condition required by the authority, as it will not be enbloc. You are literally owning a piece of air and I also don't think living on top of a bus interchange is sometime enviable.

Petertan123
12-03-11, 21:03
Just went to see Compass Height, Park Green and H20 today.

Compass Height is tad bit noisy and air polluted from the fumes of the numerous buses flowing in and out of terminal daily. Overall place is a bit dirty as well.

For Park Green, it is more quiet than Compass Height but think the current price is maybe "overvalued"... just my opinion..

For H2o is simply overpriced as it has factor in a lot of future development considerations... 2 bedder is selling ard $980psf.. :doh:

Hmmmm... may try Evergreen park tomorrow to look look see see...

Petertan123
12-03-11, 21:04

Hi,

May I know what is the floor size you bought, and how much did you pay for it ??

iconmaniac
13-03-11, 23:38
Hi,

May I know what is the floor size you bought, and how much did you pay for it ??

I got a corner unit 1173sqft for around 680 per sqft, we like the size and layout after viewing most of the hdb, condos in hougang.

Yes compass height's size and noise level isn't is an issue despite it's location. If dun mind paying the high price I would recommend kovan melody/ residences if public transport is a must.

As for Florida and Rio Vista I personally think it's rather crowded and weird location.

We love a bit of quietness and prefer more "functional" layout rather than fancy facilities thus selected Evergreen. :)

gilaone
14-03-11, 00:57
Compass Height is sitting right on top of the bus interchange. If I can remember correctly, the owners do not the rights of the land, and the owners have to maintain the development in very good condition required by the authority, as it will not be enbloc. You are literally owning a piece of air and I also don't think living on top of a bus interchange is sometime enviable.

I wonder if the owners do not own the rights of the land, who else? Fraser Centerpoint? or LTA?
Maintaining the development in a very good condition should be a plus point, isn't it?
As for the enbloc concern, I do not think any suburb (D19) development will be enbloc in the next 15-20 years or until the development become 30 yrs old given the land parcels around. For enbloc play someone should look at CCR or RCR. Also, by that time, chances are the interchange will be too old to catch up with the needs and there will be a force enbloc of Compass Hts. I wonder how they negotiate the enbloc price then.

ysyap
14-03-11, 02:07
I wonder if the owners do not own the rights of the land, who else? Fraser Centerpoint? or LTA?
Maintaining the development in a very good condition should be a plus point, isn't it?
As for the enbloc concern, I do not think any suburb (D19) development will be enbloc in the next 15-20 years or until the development become 30 yrs old given the land parcels around. For enbloc play someone should look at CCR or RCR. Also, by that time, chances are the interchange will be too old to catch up with the needs and there will be a force enbloc of Compass Hts. I wonder how they negotiate the enbloc price then.

I doubt this bus interchange concept will be obsolete in the next 15 yrs. Considering that this interchange was built abt 10 yrs ago and with this fresh concept of interchange built into shopping arcade, other places followed. Toa Payoh Hub, Ang Mo Kio Hub and most recently, the NEX (not completed yet). Think it'll still be the in-thing over the next 10 years and potentially even beyond.

However, Compass Ht is really convenient if don't mind sound and air pollution. If mind, then must fork out more $$$ to get Kovan Residence or Melody. Can settle for less $$$ if choose The Quartz. If don't need convenience, then go for Evergreen, Rio Vista or even Hougang Green Condo (probably the cheapest condo in D19). :cool: Wah so many choices!!! Headache :banghead:

14-03-11, 09:36
Agree, think the hub (transport and shopping )concept is in, just look @ tennery and centro (and future bedok) all $1,000+ psf...

As for noise and air pollution important to get the right facing ones.

As for en-bloc, think can really forget it, there is quite abit of land around this area still available and en-bloc will get complicated because of the various public transport amenties.

I doubt this bus interchange concept will be obsolete in the next 15 yrs. Considering that this interchange was built abt 10 yrs ago and with this fresh concept of interchange built into shopping arcade, other places followed. Toa Payoh Hub, Ang Mo Kio Hub and most recently, the NEX (not completed yet). Think it'll still be the in-thing over the next 10 years and potentially even beyond.

However, Compass Ht is really convenient if don't mind sound and air pollution. If mind, then must fork out more $$$ to get Kovan Residence or Melody. Can settle for less $$$ if choose The Quartz. If don't need convenience, then go for Evergreen, Rio Vista or even Hougang Green Condo (probably the cheapest condo in D19). :cool: Wah so many choices!!! Headache :banghead:

fooblackie
14-03-11, 14:17
Just went to see Compass Height, Park Green and H20 today.

Compass Height is tad bit noisy and air polluted from the fumes of the numerous buses flowing in and out of terminal daily. Overall place is a bit dirty as well.

For Park Green, it is more quiet than Compass Height but think the current price is maybe "overvalued"... just my opinion..

For H2o is simply overpriced as it has factor in a lot of future development considerations... 2 bedder is selling ard $980psf.. :doh:

Hmmmm... may try Evergreen park tomorrow to look look see see...

actually, in today's mkt everywhere is also over-priced. Seng Kang HDB 5room already $0.5m so these condo cannot be priced lower than that.

If I will you I will hedge yourself a litte bit by getting a development near to the MRT. I believe when the price correction comes (if it comes), those developments far from amentities and MRT will be more badly hit.

Do take a look at the Quartz too. Think it is not bad and very new. Most of time you need to view a few units in a developments before verifying the opinion.

H2O + Park Green + Austville - Forget it unless you are into park /river view, which also means ulu.

gilaone
14-03-11, 20:22

I went there to see a few units last time. If it is pool facing far from the MRT/LRT side, it is actually pretty quiet. Cannot feel the track vibration either. It does have the resort feel though not as wonderful as East Meadows. The noise complaint is instead the fighter jets flying over the Seng Kang area that can be a little annoying.

As for the air pollution wise, that's indeed a bit worrying. So better get high floor or the pool facing which kinda "shielded" by the external facing units. :D

gilaone
14-03-11, 20:25
Evergreen Park is about as old as Compass Ht but slightly cheaper.

Evergreen was completed 1999 and Compass Hts completed 2003. Where got about the same old :D

iconmaniac
14-03-11, 21:20
Evergreen was completed 1999 and Compass Hts completed 2003. Where got about the same old :D

and evergreen was actually "converted" from old HDB so some might feel it's same as living in HDB... :ashamed1:

sleek
14-03-11, 21:27
Think Evergreen were HUDC, but not all blocks.

and evergreen was actually "converted" from old HDB so some might feel it's same as living in HDB... :ashamed1: