PDA

View Full Version : Husky for adoption

smurfzzz
22-03-11, 11:15
Husky for adoption, potential owner preferably staying in private due to AVA license issue.

Please access my album for pictures and videos.
http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/tk_sh/dog/Home%20Boarding%20-%20Alistar/

Judas
22-03-11, 20:22
must be landed? is condo ok?

devilplate
22-03-11, 20:56
must be landed? is condo ok?

husky big dog wor....

zzz1
22-03-11, 21:51
Husky for adoption, potential owner preferably staying in private due to AVA license issue.

good luck to your search !!

hans
23-03-11, 01:37

Those husky all yours, which one is for adoption, age, gender

smurfzzz
23-03-11, 11:03
Judas: Condo is okay, as long your management allow :)

Private means condo or landed, as long AVA approve license to you. No HDB is because if AVA or HDB comes knocking, too much cases that these owners will end up rehome the dog AGAIN, unless the owner willing to move home because of the dog.

Hans: I have 2 huskies, but my dogs are not for adoption ;) . The one that Im trying to rehome is another husky which Im helping to board till I can find a suitable owner.

Im suppose to help the owner to board the dog till his new born baby is 3 months old (which is end April), but now he say give the dog for adoption :simmering:

proud owner
23-03-11, 11:06

Private means condo or landed, as long AVA approve license to you. No HDB is because if AVA or HDB comes knocking, too much cases that these owners will end up rehome the dog AGAIN, unless the owner willing to move home because of the dog.

Hans: I have 2 huskies, but my dogs are not for adoption ;) . The one that Im trying to rehome is another husky which Im helping to board till I can find a suitable owner.

Im suppose to help the owner to board the dog till his new born baby is 3 months old (which is end April), but now he say give the dog for adoption :simmering:

i asked my ang mo colleague in singapore if he would like to adopt a Husky ...

he said SO CRUEL

these dogs are not meant for singapore weather ...

i said can turn on air con whole day ..
he said these dogs love to run ..so still need to be outdoor .. so still cruel

he is right

then after 30 mins i ask him

If you send an Eskimo to singapore to live .... is it cruel ???

till now he hasnt replied me

smurfzzz
23-03-11, 11:26
i asked my ang mo colleague in singapore if he would like to adopt a Husky ...

he said SO CRUEL

these dogs are not meant for singapore weather ...

i said can turn on air con whole day ..
he said these dogs love to run ..so still need to be outdoor .. so still cruel

he is right

then after 30 mins i ask him

If you send an Eskimo to singapore to live .... is it cruel ???

till now he hasnt replied me

Haha, good one. Next time, if someone tell me the same thing, I will copy your question :cool:

Many people have the misconception of keeping a husky in SG is cruel becos of the weather. The fact is, all dogs, including husky is tolerant to both hot and cold weather. You can bring the dog to jog for excercise, or dog run if you lazy. Otherwise, a walk around the neighbourhood is also good enough.

BUT having said that, I have rejected potential adopters who stay in landed, because tell me they going to keep the dog outdoor. This dog is for companion, not for guarding your house :mad:

mcmlxxvi
23-03-11, 11:29

They are all so cute!

proud owner
23-03-11, 11:30
Haha, good one. Next time, if someone tell me the same thing, I will copy your question :cool:

Many people have the misconception of keeping a husky in SG is cruel becos of the weather. The fact is, all dogs, including husky is tolerant to both hot and cold weather. You can bring the dog to jog for excercise, or dog run if you lazy. Otherwise, a walk around the neighbourhood is also good enough.

BUT having said that, I have rejected potential adopters who stay in landed, because tell me they going to keep the dog outdoor. This dog is for companion, not for guarding your house :mad:

i now have a Havanese ... love it

its more suitable for warm weather as oppose to the cold in NY ..

do u know anyone in spore has a Havanese?

i hope to find another one when i am back in spore

devilplate
23-03-11, 12:27

u r indeed a vy gd dog lover!

keep it up...cannot simply anyhow let others adopt....:cheers6:

i ever consider husky....very cute and loving!...but too bad my plc is too small for tat dog and also husky shed furs alot.....landed homes will be better or at least 1500sqft condo:D

devilplate
23-03-11, 12:28

shih tzu goodie too provided u dun mind having a 'shadow' hehe:D

smurfzzz
23-03-11, 13:09

Havent heard of anyone having Havanese in SG yet, even Bichon Frise is also a minority group. Haha, hopefully your Havanese wont be mistaken as maltese or shiz tzu.

mcmlxxvi
23-03-11, 13:35

Sorry I almost read as Hainanese and half way thru the whole article was ???ing lol

23-03-11, 13:53
I don't think Havanese was ever imported into Singapore. Never seen one in the SKC show...

Proud owner - you may be first person with one when you bring yours back to SG.

I have a maltese. One of the sweetest breed one can have as a pet. Main difference in appearance between Maltese and Havanese is that Maltese is usually white with tinge of lemon while Havanese comes in various colors.

See link for more info on Havanese.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havanese

hans
30-03-11, 02:20
I suppose the husky is good with your dogs, I have a 7 yr old male shetland, feed him only dry food (fish 4 dogs). I am interested.

proud owner
30-03-11, 08:36
I don't think Havanese was ever imported into Singapore. Never seen one in the SKC show...

Proud owner - you may be first person with one when you bring yours back to SG.

I have a maltese. One of the sweetest breed one can have as a pet. Main difference in appearance between Maltese and Havanese is that Maltese is usually white with tinge of lemon while Havanese comes in various colors.

See link for more info on Havanese.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havanese

really?? wow ..i must make sure to bring him back

u shud try to get one .. if you like maltese .. you will love havanese even more

smurfzzz
30-03-11, 10:20
I suppose the husky is good with your dogs, I have a 7 yr old male shetland, feed him only dry food (fish 4 dogs). I am interested.

Why not you bring your shetland to my place for a viewing? contact me at 9005 8885

devilplate
30-03-11, 11:07
Why not you bring your shetland to my place for a viewing? contact me at 9005 8885

wah...u shd pm him ur number instead mah....

anyway nice number there:cheers6:

30-03-11, 13:18
really?? wow ..i must make sure to bring him back

u shud try to get one .. if you like maltese .. you will love havanese even more

Haha... I love to have another but I'll need to get myself a landed property next to accommodate another furkid.

Check out the painting of my furkids below:

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362/555777/Pets/MyFurkids.jpg

smurfzzz
30-03-11, 16:22
devilplate: see who interested can sms me, no need reply so many times lol

5577: wah, nice painting, where did you get it done? Does the dogs sit still throughout, otherwise how to get it painted?

30-03-11, 16:33
5577: wah, nice painting, where did you get it done? Does the dogs sit still throughout, otherwise how to get it painted?

Haha... I'll be rich if my dogs can exercise such discipline and sit through the sessions for this painting. :D

I had it done by one of those artists found in the art galleries in Phuket. I took 3 of their best photos (1 photo had 2 of them in it.) and gave it to the artist. They needed minimum of 7 days to get it done. But I gave them 3 weeks instead so that they can do a better job.;)