PDA

View Full Version : Iridium (D11, Freehold, by Novelty Group)

jaslyn
21-08-06, 15:58
Hi, does anybody know anything about this condo? It looks nice.

ryan
30-08-06, 17:37
Hi, does anybody know anything about this condo? It looks nice.

Not bad, but kind of sandwiched between taller and bigger neighbours. And the old condo behind was already sold en bloc. Expect to be blocked in all directions!

Iridium's only saving graces are the high quality of its designer fittings, and its stylish architectural design.

okapi
26-09-06, 15:53
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9089/image1qh6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1057/image2fi4.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9636/image3nk4.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/6344/image4ot5.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/6766/image5xu8.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5641/image6ni3.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/3388/siteplan1lb7.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/6302/siteplanam5.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7130/locationtr2.jpg

spetnez
06-06-09, 21:39
Anyone has any idea when it will TOP?

jasonlcl
10-08-09, 02:15
Just TOP!Not bad,the construction only take one yr!China Construction is ready fast!Hopefully quality is ok.

tamp81
10-08-09, 12:27
It looks almost completed from the outside and workers are starting to clear debris. So probably can TOP in 2 months, earlier than developer's estimate of Sept 09.

I like the location. Can just walk to novena mrt. But not much facilities. =(

jasonlcl
16-08-09, 07:22
Looked like this project is undervalued!

spetnez
16-08-09, 21:35
Pic taken 16 Aug.

jasonlcl
07-09-09, 18:14
Still no news of TOP!:beats-me-man:

Newbie Homebuyer
11-09-09, 21:10
Pic taken 16 Aug.

Looks good. i think the psf for this one is probably more reasonable in this area.

tkklim
13-09-09, 01:54
any sense on the PSF? saw the building from outside... really looked sandwiched amongst other surrounding high rise condos ... pretty small piece of land too.

tamp81
18-09-09, 23:48
Has it top already? I thought it would be this month??

coughybean
24-09-09, 17:07
No TOP yet. Dunno what's taking them so long...

jasonlcl
24-09-09, 21:53
No TOP yet. Dunno what's taking them so long...

Just checked w developer..iridium has already obtained TOP and going to issue keys next week.

coughybean
25-09-09, 15:03
Wow! Thks for the update! :)

andy
26-09-09, 21:42
any sense on the PSF? saw the building from outside... really looked sandwiched amongst other surrounding high rise condos ... pretty small piece of land too.

I'm surprised that this project can transact at $1460psf despite being sandwiched agmonst PI, Lincoln modern and others. Incredible appreciation, even above the peak of 2007.

Can anyone share what is good about this project?

jlrx
26-09-09, 22:43
I'm surprised that this project can transact at $1460psf despite being sandwiched agmonst PI, Lincoln modern and others. Incredible appreciation, even above the peak of 2007.

Can anyone share what is good about this project?

Iridium had always been about $200 psf below Newton Suites and $100 psf below PI because of its "sandwiched" status.

During the peak of 2007, when Newton Suites hit $2,000 psf and PI $1,700 psf, Iridium peaked at only around $1,300 psf, the gaps between the different condos opened up. :scared-4:

Later during the trough of 2009, Newton Suites plunged to $1,200 psf and PI to $1,100 psf, Iridium dropped to around $1,000 and the price differentials are maintained again.

Now that Newton Suites has reached $1,700 psf and PI around $1,600 psf, Iridium rightfully should be around $1,500 psf.

andy
26-09-09, 22:48
Iridium had always been about $200 psf below Newton Suites and $100 psf below PI because of its "sandwiched" status.

During the peak of 2007, when Newton Suites hit $2,000 psf and PI $1,700 psf, Iridium peaked at only around $1,300 psf, the gaps between the different condos opened up. :scared-4:

Later during the trough of 2009, Newton Suites plunged to $1,200 psf and PI to $1,100 psf, Iridium dropped to around $1,000 and the price differentials are maintained again.

Now that Newton Suites has reached $1,700 psf and PI around $1,600 psf, Iridium rightfully should be around $1,500 psf.

Ok thanks. But can tell me something about the project e.g., quality, size, facilities etc...

jlrx
27-09-09, 00:11
Ok thanks. But can tell me something about the project e.g., quality, size, facilities etc...

Haha ... I don't stay there. :p

Just happen to have an "interest" in a nearby development.

In fact, just yesterday I was doing a spreadsheet of the "ups and downs" around that area.

spetnez
28-09-09, 11:49

I have bought a unit there. 3-bedder 1076 sq ft.

There are 45 or 46 units in total. Comes with private lift lobby and designer fixtures in kitchen and bathroom.

Sky pool and gym on 10th floor. Small playground on first level.

I bought knowing it will be blocked by Lincoln Modern and Lincoln Residences (buiding in progress). However, the location appeals to me as it is a 2-minute walk from United Square and 10-minute walk from Novena MRT (most parts sheltered and underground).

andy
28-09-09, 12:16
I have bought a unit there. 3-bedder 1076 sq ft.

There are 45 or 46 units in total. Comes with private lift lobby and designer fixtures in kitchen and bathroom.

Sky pool and gym on 10th floor. Small playground on first level.

I bought knowing it will be blocked by Lincoln Modern and Lincoln Residences (buiding in progress). However, the location appeals to me as it is a 2-minute walk from United Square and 10-minute walk from Novena MRT (most parts sheltered and underground).

So you bought $1000psf for the convenience to shopping/amenties and MRT but no views.

However, price has gone up substantially for the higher floors. Any reasons why?

spetnez
28-09-09, 12:30
So you bought $1000psf for the convenience to shopping/amenties and MRT but no views.

However, price has gone up substantially for the higher floors. Any reasons why?

Each to his own. I like convenience. No time for me to stand by window or balcony to admire views. Freehold in town area for $1000 psf is a good buy for me.

I do not know why prices have esacalated to $1460 psf but that is good news for me even though I don't intend to sell. :)

andy
28-09-09, 14:17
Each to his own. I like convenience. No time for me to stand by window or balcony to admire views. Freehold in town area for $1000 psf is a good buy for me.

I do not know why prices have esacalated to $1460 psf but that is good news for me even though I don't intend to sell. :)

Yes I think you got a good buy for a brand new apartment;) However there will be price differences between different developments in the same area with premiums for bigger land areas but exclusivity.

Are you staying there now?

jasonlcl
28-09-09, 18:03

I agreed with u..but i just bought this pl hence not as fortunate as u to get developer's price..but compared to the vicinity projects, it is still value for money..Nevertheless, have u receive your key?I checked with developer, it is already TOP.

teddybear
28-09-09, 20:37
Sounds like great deal to me. :cheers1: Don't think we can find any FH condo in D11 now at $1000 psf (considering that even mass market suburbs are selling at $1000 psf or more now).

spetnez
28-09-09, 22:26
Thanks everyone.

I am enjoying the paper gain while it lasts. Hope no more drastic price decreases in the near future.

Nope... no news of TOP yet though enquiries with Novelty indicate application for TOP is being processed by BCA this month.

Hope to receive keys soon. :)

jlrx
28-09-09, 22:58

Wow congrats! :cheers1:

You make 50% profit of half-a-million dollars in less than 4 years, that's really cool! :spliff:

I think the Newton/Novena area has huge potential.

All the area I'm eyeing have gone up so much, like Katong also.

Look here look there ... :ashamed1:

coughybean
28-09-09, 23:00
I called Novelty today and was informed that they have not obtained the approval yet. Any idea how long it will take for them to distribute the keys once they get the TOP?

spetnez
09-10-09, 19:06
Just received notification letter from my lawyer that Iridium has obtained TOP. :)

jasonlcl
09-10-09, 22:17
Just received notification letter from my lawyer that Iridium has obtained TOP. :)

I just paid the 6 mths maintenance fee..$396 per mth for 2 bedrooms and $462 per mth for 3 bedrooms!Sigh!

bargain hunter
09-10-09, 23:46
that's very expensive. did they promise you a lower amount when you bought the unit from the developer?

I just paid the 6 mths maintenance fee..$396 per mth for 2 bedrooms and $462 per mth for 3 bedrooms!Sigh!

kane
10-10-09, 00:10

you bought 2 units?

jasonlcl
10-10-09, 09:08
you bought 2 units?

Me and my fd bought a unit each..

KHIM
10-10-09, 09:36
I still haven't gotten any notice of TOP. I bought a 2-bedroom unit here.

It was supposed to TOP in Dec 2008, then delay to Jun 2009. Now, it's October 2009 and still no sign of TOP.

Anyone know what's going on? Why some said the have received TOP notice, but others have not?

bargain hunter
10-10-09, 11:48
perhaps its done in batches? but its a small project. maybe you will get your notice next week. Good Luck! :)

It was supposed to TOP in Dec 2008, then delay to Jun 2009. Now, it's October 2009 and still no sign of TOP.

Anyone know what's going on? Why some said the have received TOP notice, but others have not?

jasonlcl
10-10-09, 19:11

U might have to push your lawyer to check with the developer's lawyer cos the 75% of the purchase price,survey fees and the 6 mths' advance maintenance charges are due to the developer by 19th Oct 09. By the way, saw a low floor 3 bedrooms in the paper today asking for $1,600psf..hope that the unit will sell fast!hee..

coughybean
12-10-09, 11:31
I got my letter last week. Any idea why the maintenance fee is so high?

Anyone got their keys oredi?

jasonlcl
14-10-09, 12:43
I got my letter last week. Any idea why the maintenance fee is so high?

Anyone got their keys oredi?

E developer will release the first list of owners to get key this evening. E maintenance fee is high becos of private lift and there are only 45 units in the development. I guess..

teddybear
14-10-09, 14:17
Don't understand why need private lifts? I rather have 3 common lifts serving 4-5 units per floor than have 1 private lift and have to wait for it to come up (e.g. if live on 30th floor and the private lift just happen to be going down and already at 29th floor - Ops! Waiting time will be long for the lift to go all all the way down to ground floor and then back up again!). What about when your 1 and only private lift is under servicing or out of order for a few days? (You got to use the smelly servicemen lift!). PRIVATE LIFT not really that private lah. Really private lift is 1 lift per unit (You will never meet any other neighbour - if that is what private lift is meant for!). :p

E developer will release the first list of owners to get key this evening. E maintenance fee is high becos of private lift and there are only 45 units in the development. I guess..

bargain hunter
14-10-09, 14:39
yeah, private lifts are killers when it comes to maintenence fees.

teddybear
14-10-09, 14:44
Why is it so? I am thinking that if we have 3 lifts serving say 5 units per floor vs 5 private lifts each serving 1 stack, the extra is like only (5-3)/3 = 67% more on private lifts. Furthermore, is lift maintenance making up such a big part of maintenance costs vs others like swimming pool (another big cost item)?

nav14
14-10-09, 14:49

I don't think private lifts will increase maintenance as the total number of lifts are about the same. Private lifts here basically means it stops right in front of your door. I once went to a condo with private lifts and the lift stopped right in front of a another house and you can see inside the house upfront - no privacy at all - I hope not all private lifts are built this way - if they are then they are not really "private"

nav14
14-10-09, 14:51
I don't think private lifts will increase maintenance as the total number of lifts are about the same. Private lifts here basically means it stops right in front of your door. I once went to a condo with private lifts and the lift stopped right in front of a another house and you can see inside the house upfront - no privacy at all - I hope not all private lifts are built this way - if they are then they are not really "private"

I am wrong. On 2nd thought there are more lifts.

nav14
14-10-09, 14:56
Why is it so? I am thinking that if we have 3 lifts serving say 5 units per floor vs 5 private lifts each serving 1 stack, the extra is like only (5-3)/3 = 67% more on private lifts. Furthermore, is lift maintenance making up such a big part of maintenance costs vs others like swimming pool (another big cost item)?

The maintenance cost for additional lifts in a new condo is minimal. The problem comes in when the condo gets older and the lifts need lots of repair. A major upgrading can cost 100k a lift 10-15 yrs down the road. So the sinking fund for a project with private lifts has to be quite a bit more.

richie$$$
14-10-09, 17:38

private lifts normally open 2 a small corridor 4 shoes/little lounge, and two doors on left n right b4 enter living rm or backyd. i saw one in R@E.

andy
14-10-09, 19:47

I think private lifts is a misnomer. A true private lift is one individual lift shaft to an individual apartment:banghead:

Everything else is shared. If everyone who lives in the block gets in the "private" lift including myself who stayed on the top floor. I will be able to see everyone lounges on every floor.

Furthermore if a stranger gets into the "private" lift, he would be able to get off any floor when it opens.:banghead:

Alternatively the current private lift is only private when you travel in the lift alone.:cool:

dtrax
14-10-09, 20:17
I think private lifts is a misnomer. A true private lift is one individual lift shaft to an individual apartment:banghead:

Everything else is shared. If everyone who lives in the block gets in the "private" lift including myself who stayed on the top floor. I will be able to see everyone lounges on every floor.

Furthermore if a stranger gets into the "private" lift, he would be able to get off any floor when it opens.:banghead:

Alternatively the current private lift is only private when you travel in the lift alone.:cool:

Then practice basic courtesy? When someone is in the lift, wait for the next lift to enjoy the truly private lift experience

bargain hunter
14-10-09, 20:30
I used to own a unit with a private lift. I also paid 300+ for 2 bedroom and feels that is ex. Actually, maintenence takes place more often than you think for these private lifts. (I also did not know that until I got the keys to my unit). Every few months, there are days that they don't allow you to use the private lifts for a few hours so that they can "maintain". I have no idea why they need to do so but can imagine why the lifts add alot to the fees. These days, they build in a private lift lobby at your unit for more privacy but that also means more "wasted" space. I do not think I will ever buy another unit with private lift. :D

andy
14-10-09, 20:56
Then practice basic courtesy? When someone is in the lift, wait for the next lift to enjoy the truly private lift experience

A long time ago I bought a "private lift" apartment. When I worked out how it works, I sold the unit:cool:
Imagine if a young girl went into a "private" lift with a peophile:scared-1:

gemstone
14-10-09, 21:26
i quite like the idea of private lift, becos it keep me away from unsightly stuff like neighbour shoes, and their mess etc. then everyday also don't have maintenance cleaner outside my maindoor cleaning the common areas... think of taking the lift with the cleaner pushing in their cleaning gadgets, but most time they just wait for next lift lah.

but maybe the problems come when the condo become older like >15 years old when start to have 'strange' smells inside the 'older' private lift, though this can also happen with any other ordinary lifts.

I think frequency of maintenance for lifts really depends alot on the brand of the lift, last time stay in a 'west' condo with private lift, never/seldom encounter private lift maintenance... and then recent years stay in another 'central' condo, the private lift almost like maintenance every once/twice a month affair:simmering:

jasonlcl
15-10-09, 22:04

Just got my key today. The brochure states that LCD TV is provided for Master Bathroom on every unit. However, my 2-bedroom unit dun hve!The finishes not bad except that there r no tiles on the kitchen wall!

proud owner
15-10-09, 22:10
i quite like the idea of private lift, becos it keep me away from unsightly stuff like neighbour shoes, and their mess etc. then everyday also don't have maintenance cleaner outside my maindoor cleaning the common areas... think of taking the lift with the cleaner pushing in their cleaning gadgets, but most time they just wait for next lift lah.

but maybe the problems come when the condo become older like >15 years old when start to have 'strange' smells inside the 'older' private lift, though this can also happen with any other ordinary lifts.

I think frequency of maintenance for lifts really depends alot on the brand of the lift, last time stay in a 'west' condo with private lift, never/seldom encounter private lift maintenance... and then recent years stay in another 'central' condo, the private lift almost like maintenance every once/twice a month affair:simmering:

private lift very dusty ...everytime the lift goes up and down ..air is being pushed into the units .. together with the dust..

dont believe next time u check your unit ...inside where your private lift landing ... gets dirty very easily

proud owner
15-10-09, 22:12
Just got my key today. The brochure states that LCD TV is provided for Master Bathroom on every unit. However, my 2-bedroom unit dun hve!The finishes not bad except that there r no tiles on the kitchen wall!

huh ?? how come no TV .. 2 bedroom , neither is a master ?

bargain hunter
15-10-09, 22:14
Congratulations! So are you going to ask novelty for your tv?

jasonlcl
15-10-09, 22:15
huh ?? how come no TV .. 2 bedroom , neither is a master ?
Yup..no LCD TV in the Master Bathroom for the 2 bedroom. Different from the brochure!I already feedback to the developer but no reply at this moment.

gemstone
15-10-09, 22:23
private lift very dusty ...everytime the lift goes up and down ..air is being pushed into the units .. together with the dust..

dont believe next time u check your unit ...inside where your private lift landing ... gets dirty very easily

i believe you, now that you mention its dirty, i thought they are caused by shoes soles... hmm.... ventilation not very good while waiting for lift, sometimes the air also rush inside my unit creating a 'machine roaring' sound.

coughybean
16-10-09, 10:50

Congrats!! Were there any defects to be rectified?

jasonlcl
18-10-09, 09:51
Congrats!! Were there any defects to be rectified?
Yes but minor defects..i heard already 3 owners moved in to their respective units already on day one to get keys..

tamp81
19-10-09, 23:23
Yes but minor defects..i heard already 3 owners moved in to their respective units already on day one to get keys..

how do you find the sizes of the room and living room? When i saw the floorplan, i thought the rooms looks really small, with 2 Br for 700+ sf and 3BR for 1000sf

jasonlcl
20-10-09, 22:46
how do you find the sizes of the room and living room? When i saw the floorplan, i thought the rooms looks really small, with 2 Br for 700+ sf and 3BR for 1000sf

Iridium's 2 bedrooms unit (753 & 764 sf) is slightly smaller than Newton Suite 2 bedrooms unit (797 sf). Both cannot comfortably put a Queen size bed in 2nd bedroom. If put, only have a small space to walk. The master bedroom cannot put 2 side tables with Queen size bed. But have comfortable walking space without the side tables. Living room can put a 3 seaters and a small coffee table. Nevertheless it is still much cheaper than Newton Suit (when compared with their sizes, 764 sf vs 797 sf).

proud owner
20-10-09, 23:06
Iridium's 2 bedrooms unit (753 & 764 sf) is slightly smaller than Newton Suite 2 bedrooms unit (797 sf). Both cannot comfortably put a Queen size bed in 2nd bedroom. If put, only have a small space to walk. The master bedroom cannot put 2 side tables with Queen size bed. But have comfortable walking space without the side tables. Living room can put a 3 seaters and a small coffee table. Nevertheless it is still much cheaper than Newton Suit (when compared with their sizes, 764 sf vs 797 sf).

such unit sizes will attract the general public from HK .. considered very big already

KHIM
28-10-09, 11:20
Those who have collected keys and see the units ...

What do you think of the funny looking water tabs for the bathroom sink and kitchen sink? Are they practical/easy to use?

Cheers.

proud owner
28-10-09, 22:46
Those who have collected keys and see the units ...

What do you think of the funny looking water tabs for the bathroom sink and kitchen sink? Are they practical/easy to use?

Cheers.

sorry

but what is water tabs ?

KHIM
30-10-09, 21:39
sorry, meant to say water tap above the bathroom sink and kitchen sink.

proud owner
30-10-09, 21:45
sorry, meant to say water tap above the bathroom sink and kitchen sink.

ic

i havent seen it but i can understand your concerns..

sometimes, some designs attempt to make it look 'avardegarde' ended up looking funny in a couple of years ..and passe real soon

i would prefer the good old simple classic looks thats forever a favorite ..

jasonlcl
02-11-09, 12:52
ic

i havent seen it but i can understand your concerns..

sometimes, some designs attempt to make it look 'avardegarde' ended up looking funny in a couple of years ..and passe real soon

i would prefer the good old simple classic looks thats forever a favorite ..

All 2 bedrooms' Owners can write to the developer to request for the LCD TV in the Master bathroom according to the developer representative.

jasonlcl
11-05-10, 21:06

This project's price looked very attractive now compared to the surrounding projects and other projects in suburban areas.

devilplate
11-05-10, 21:39
This project's price looked very attractive now compared to the surrounding projects and other projects in suburban areas.

just TOP not long ago...and yet prices r suppressed..

'cheap' doesnt mean gd

DKSG
11-05-10, 23:15
Agree with DevilPlate.

Cheap doesnt mean good.

Sometimes people should stop saying condo A is so much cheaper than condo B next door --> Buy Condo A !

Only agent talk like that ... As buyers, the question u shld ask is WHY? is condo A so much cheaper ?

There is no free lunch!

proud owner
12-05-10, 02:14
Agree with DevilPlate.

Cheap doesnt mean good.

Sometimes people should stop saying condo A is so much cheaper than condo B next door --> Buy Condo A !

Only agent talk like that ... As buyers, the question u shld ask is WHY? is condo A so much cheaper ?

There is no free lunch!

that whole area ....the first condo i went to view was Lincoln Modern .. i loved it and almost bought it .. but didnt ..cos i didnt like climbing

during that time .. it was the only new condo there .. then so many sprang up .. blocking each otehr ...

Iridium was the last i saw .. i gave it a miss .. cos its was too small ... didnt really like the layout ..

all i can say is I liked that area .. when Lincoln Modern was the only condo there .. now ..its like a NO VIEW condo area .. anyhow try ice cube from your unit ..sure hit another condo ... too cramp for me

teddybear
12-05-10, 10:10
If cheap is good, buying those HDB flats beside private condos must be the best deal! (many in suburbs and heartland districts have such "good" deals! Even part of River Valley also have. HDB flats on 1 side not too far away and then you have a condo nearby transacted at S$1800-2000 psf!). :D

However, sometimes cheap is good if we compare everything and both are similar and yet 1 costs much more than the other because may be they are built by some developers with clever branding. :scared-2:(so many people pay much more for these properties but do not mean they are really worth it, just like buying Lexus which at the end of the day is still a "Toyota" :p).

Sometimes cheap is bad if they are poorly maintained, too small estate size, poor interior layout and too much wastage of space, lack facilities, too cramp (because too many units even if have big swimming pool and 2 tennis courts but actually still not enough to cater for 400+ units!), overlooking the expressways (throw a stone out of the window can hit the vehicles on the expressways). :banghead:

Agree with DevilPlate.

Cheap doesnt mean good.

There is no free lunch!

jasonlcl
12-05-10, 22:07
Agree with DevilPlate.

Cheap doesnt mean good.

There is no free lunch!

By the way,I m not an agent!I also did not say Iridium is cheap!Non-bay units prices at the Sail looks very attractive now compared to MBR and Marina Suits hence does this mean it is cheap!

teddybear
12-05-10, 22:29
Buying properties at Marina Bay area if no bay view don't know buy for what? Not that the location is superbly good to live in or super convenient to travel around. Everyday jammed like hell!

By the way,I m not an agent!I also did not say Iridium is cheap!Non-bay units prices at the Sail looks very attractive now compared to MBR and Marina Suits hence does this mean it is cheap!

devilplate
12-05-10, 22:32
Buying properties at Marina Bay area if no bay view don't know buy for what? Not that the location is superbly good to live in or super convenient to travel around. Everyday jammed like hell!

aiyo cannot say like dat mah...near IR leh...

anw can i say 90% bot for investment in marina bay and CBD...so to them...can flip and make $ can liao.:D

btw, MBR got seaview facing

jasonlcl
12-05-10, 22:36

anw can i say 90% bot for investment in marina bay and CBD...so to them...can flip and make $ can liao.:D

I agreed with u!We have similar investment foresight!Including those investors who bought and flipped the Sail non bay unit or are currently owning units there!Cheers!

teddybear
12-05-10, 22:40
Because I don't flip mah. It is up to buyers whether they want to be left holding the babies that nobody want if they didn't manage to flip successfully.

Wild Falcon
17-05-10, 12:35
More to rent to impressionable foreigners one lah. Many locals who bought the Marina Bay area don't stay there. Sometimes, the CBD or prime areas feel more like foreign countries than Singapore. E.g. Orchard Rd and River Valley and city fringe full of PRCs and Filipinos.

teddybear
17-05-10, 13:00
Many The Sail tenants are foreigners working here for just a few months and heard many are on such short leases. No wonder nobody care about the state of maintenance of the estate (lift, common facilities etc). I know of even the tenants complaining about the poor state of affair but then they can't be more bothered anyway to do anything as they just stay for a few months and then left.

Highlighted in RED not true for prime CCR areas like D9-D11 (but getting more so for the city fringe like D3, D12 and also D1 & D2 etc). There are more & more rich people around in the prime CCR areas instead (regardless of nationalities, but more and more rich foreigners).

More to rent to impressionable foreigners one lah. Many locals who bought the Marina Bay area don't stay there. Sometimes, the CBD or prime areas feel more like foreign countries than Singapore. E.g. Orchard Rd and River Valley and city fringe full of PRCs and Filipinos.