PDA

View Full Version : choice of Condo views and facing

Montaigne
07-04-11, 16:16
I thought i saw it somewhere but it is nowhere to be found in the forum. guys, as you know when choosing a property, the view is one of the important factor. May i know if you would rather choose a view facing your opposite neighbour face to face, or facing the main road? of course the best is unblock view. but not easy to get unblock view esp for low rise.

Anyone staying in an Apartment, or know of people staying at such appt facing neighbour face to face and it is quite close? How do you deal with privacy issues? Is this a long term nightmare? Should I avoid such unit at all cost? Thks!

devilplate
07-04-11, 16:26
I thought i saw it somewhere but it is nowhere to be found in the forum. guys, as you know when choosing a property, the view is one of the important factor. May i know if you would rather choose a view facing your opposite neighbour face to face, or facing the main road? of course the best is unblock view. but not easy to get unblock view esp for low rise.

Anyone staying in an Apartment, or know of people staying at such appt facing neighbour face to face and it is quite close? How do you deal with privacy issues? Is this a long term nightmare? Should I avoid such unit at all cost? Thks!

how close is close? if about 25m apart i m fine but definitely not those less den 15m(if just 1 bedrm vy close...mabe itsok too)....just install privacy film which will provide some privacy during the daytime....at nite turn on a/c and draw the curtains:D after a while, u dun even bother about ur neighbours liao....unless u like to walk ard naked...hehe

and for own stay, i will nvr choose near main road....i rather facing neighbours with quiet facing

Montaigne
07-04-11, 16:29
if it is abt r cars length distance? hard to measure exact distance...

devilplate
07-04-11, 16:32
if it is abt r cars length distance? hard to measure exact distance...

i tink up to u lor.....i m fine with 25m...some die die 50m apart etc....

ultimately, u r the one who gona stay there.....if u find too close for comfort....den look elsewhr:)

fclim
07-04-11, 16:54
That's why cluster houses quite hard to sell. Only separated by the width of swimming pool. Some more your neighbour can swim right up to your living room.

For me, No noon sun, 50m apart, quiet and not facing main road or worse bus stop, not facing MRT tracks (those overhead ones), high floor.

ysyap
07-04-11, 16:54
I'm fine with close distance of about 20m coz i can still control my privacy through curtains, etc. I'd not want to face road or face west sun... Difficult to dispel sound pollution from road and heat from west sun...:spliff:

teddybear
07-04-11, 18:45
If face neighbours, draw curtain means need to close windows (else curtain fly open by wind still no privacy) and cannot look out - not good for eyes, especially kids.

If face road, just need to close windows but don't need to draw curtain still got outside view and windows shield off the road sound (but not MRT track!).

The worst is face West sun! Give me sea view but West sun I also don't want! don't want to get FRIED everyday. I love to open windows and don't draw curtains to breath natural air and look outside! :cheers1:

I'm fine with close distance of about 20m coz i can still control my privacy through curtains, etc. I'd not want to face road or face west sun... Difficult to dispel sound pollution from road and heat from west sun...:spliff:

andy
07-04-11, 20:36
The worst is face West sun! Give me sea view but West sun I also don't want! don't want to get FRIED everyday. I love to open windows and don't draw curtains to breath natural air and look outside! :cheers1:

Yes. If your lounge is getting the west afternoon sun, you should deduct the floor area of the lounge as it is not liveable without aircon.

fan
07-04-11, 20:37
If I have to draw curtains all the time to get privacy, then it is as good as facing a wall. I do mind my neighbours looking into my house. I would rather face a not so busy road.

chiaberry
07-04-11, 20:48
My balcony facing is South-East, my unit is on 18th floor, no building at that height in the near vicinity. My kitchen is facing North-West with unblocked view of Nature Reserve (therefore will never have any blockage in that direction). Even though there is afternoon sun but it is compensated by the Nature Reserve view and there is always a lot of wind. I like a bright environment and lucky to find such facing in a condo. Don't even need to draw the curtains because there's nobody nearby that can look in.

land118
07-04-11, 20:51
My balcony facing is South-East, my unit is on 18th floor, no building at that height in the near vicinity. My kitchen is facing North-West with unblocked view of Nature Reserve (therefore will never have any blockage in that direction). Even though there is afternoon sun but it is compensated by the Nature Reserve view and there is always a lot of wind. I like a bright environment and lucky to find such facing in a condo. Don't even need to draw the curtains because there's nobody nearby that can look in.
Very Heng of u...., have nature, wind and no one to peek into your unit...

ysyap
07-04-11, 21:10
If face neighbours, draw curtain means need to close windows (else curtain fly open by wind still no privacy) and cannot look out - not good for eyes, especially kids.

If face road, just need to close windows but don't need to draw curtain still got outside view and windows shield off the road sound (but not MRT track!).

To be honest... my current master bedroom is just about 30m from the next unit. Can see their living and bedroom. I actually am fine opening the windows and letting others look in. I can also look over... nothing to hide... good and friendly neighbor. Furthermore, I don't spend too much wake time in room. Usually in my study or living room. Only sleep then enter bedroom... If want some privacy, then draw the blinds. It actually won't flap coz blinds are quite heavy unless its tornado! :D

Went to visit a condo unit two months back. Once I stepped in, the heat from evening sun simply drove us out. When I was talking with the agent in the living room, we were both perspiring. Could collect a bucket of sweat.... :doh: How to live there? So didn't buy the unit... hahaha .. If everyday must on air con, then cannot enjoy the open air and natural wind... can also move into a bombshelter to stay... just on aircon. No window... :tsk-tsk:

DaytonaSS
07-04-11, 21:19

Nice ! Can wear anything u like at home : ) unblock view n privacy is a priced feature nowadays

romeo
07-04-11, 21:28
go al naturel? lolz..

romeo
07-04-11, 21:31
i prefer a unit w bedrm n living rm face out.. if its not a busy road.. then its ok.. facing another unit damn sian.. nothing to look at n dun wana get caught peering at your neighbours..

chiaberry
07-04-11, 21:38
Nice ! Can wear anything u like at home : ) unblock view n privacy is a priced feature nowadays

Yes...that's why we bought that unit. Even though the development is OLD (21 years). The other advantage being that there are two sets of bus-stops within short walking distance. I don't want to be the driver for my kids. They can get home easily from the bus stop.

The other facing of that condo has magnificent greenery views from the balcony. But more in the West direction. The road is also in that direction. So sun and road noise are double whammy. For me, it outweighs the better greenery views. I have lesser of the greenery views but I would rather not let the sun and traffic noise into my unit.

rattydrama
07-04-11, 22:02
For me must not near main road, no west sun and high floor with open view. Facing neighbours is a no no as well.

When I return home, its only me and my family, no neighbours and no hellos to anyone unless I open my main door.

Thats my ideal.

devilplate
07-04-11, 22:06
For me must not near main road, no west sun and high floor with open view. Facing neighbours is a no no as well.

When I return home, its only me and my family, no neighbours and no hellos to anyone unless I open my main door.

Thats my ideal.

reality is always far from ideal:p

azeoprop
07-04-11, 22:42
My dream home is a high floor reservoir and park facing unit totally unblocked no need curtains also can walk naked at home nobody see haa haa...

waterview stacks 12, 9, 13 and 14 comes to mind.... too bad no money :(

devilplate
07-04-11, 22:52
My dream home is a high floor reservoir and park facing unit totally unblocked no need curtains also can walk naked at home nobody see haa haa...

sky11 another one....may catch a cold if walk ard naked:D

chiaberry
07-04-11, 22:58
sky11 another one....may catch a cold if walk ard naked:D

Nice one. Pity about the access (through small-ish road with old nursing home on it) and MRT not that near by (compared to Thomson 800 down the road). For that price tag, would prefer better ambience/entrance at least.

teddybear
07-04-11, 23:43
Why pay that sort of money for Sky11 to be surrounded by Toa Payoh HDB flats? Sky11 is private condo or public condo? :p

Nice one. Pity about the access (through small-ish road with old nursing home on it) and MRT not that near by (compared to Thomson 800 down the road). For that price tag, would prefer better ambience/entrance at least.

devilplate
07-04-11, 23:45
Why pay that sort of money for Sky11 to be surrounded by Toa Payoh HDB flats? Sky11 is private condo or public condo? :p

try harder:D

chiaberry
08-04-11, 06:52
I find the Sky11 building rather ugly too. Somehow I feel it doesn't justify the prices being asked.

devilplate
08-04-11, 08:09
I find the Sky11 building rather ugly too. Somehow I feel it doesn't justify the prices being asked.
Tot it looks nice.... Lol

ysyap
08-04-11, 08:23
At $1600 psf, sky's the limit... No wonder its called Sky@Eleven. :D

chiaberry
08-04-11, 08:34
Can walk easily to Toa Payoh MRT from this devt or not?

devilplate
08-04-11, 08:49
Can walk easily to Toa Payoh MRT from this devt or not?

at 4mil each....jus take cab or buy 2-3 cars la....only ur maid walk to TPY:p

devilplate
08-04-11, 08:56
At $1600 psf, sky's the limit... No wonder its called Sky@Eleven. :D

i was offered a 2x flr sky11 at 11xxpsf during 09.....no cash flow tat time.....some say might as well buy TPY HDBs nearby....but wats the px now? 1500psf average....

fooblackie
08-04-11, 09:12
think the direction facing is the most impt. Direct or majority west sun (>SW/NW) is no-no. No matter how nice the view, you will end up drawing blackout curtains and switching on aircon.

the other secret i realised is that the N-S wind is true. My previous unit was W-facing. Totally unblocked cos facing park but totally windless... sun + no wind is toxic condition..

Get a true N-S unit if possible. Best if N-facing cos that is where most of the wind direction is coming from. My current unit on the 17th floor is almost true N... no air con since the day I shifted in. It felt like Genting in Nov-Dec.

Park or river view is preferred but not critical. After awhile, the noviety does decrease and it becomes filtered out of the system, just like if you are facing main road... the sound of the traffic may eventually become filtered out after while...

devilplate
08-04-11, 09:20
just like if you are facing main road... the sound of the traffic may eventually become filtered out after while...

totally disagree.....

u will appreciate and say THANK GOD ... shifting from a noisy hse to a quiet peaceful home

mantrix
08-04-11, 09:30
mine is 30m away from small road (not facing, but adjacent), no west sun, overlooking landed. Mid-floor but quite cooling...at night the road noise becomes rather prominent though (since no other ambient noise) so need to shut windows to Zzz

fclim
08-04-11, 09:31
How about feng shui? You know, based on birthdate and time, there is a certain best main door facing for you and family members. Does anyone take that into consideration nowadays?

devilplate
08-04-11, 09:33
How about feng shui? You know, based on birthdate and time, there is a certain best main door facing for you and family members. Does anyone take that into consideration nowadays?

'xin li zhuo yong' lah:p

ysyap
08-04-11, 09:34

More for older folks, not so for younger folks.

ysyap
08-04-11, 09:37
mine is 30m away from small road (not facing, but adjacent), no west sun, overlooking landed. Mid-floor but quite cooling...at night the road noise becomes rather prominent though (since no other ambient noise) so need to shut windows to Zzz

Try staying in front of Expressways... :scared-1:

proud owner
08-04-11, 09:42

Sky11 interior is nice ..layout not bad ...

unfortunately location is questionable ... sell at true D11 price ..but it really is Toa payoh lah

marktkt22
08-04-11, 09:43
Most apartment, especially those in telok kurau , the living room always face sideway, if u know what i mean. V few have living room facing front.

DC33_2008
08-04-11, 09:44
How about this for all the bedrooms and living room with plenty of wind and no afternoon sun?

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/ViewTowardsTanjongRhu.jpg

chiaberry
08-04-11, 09:46
Very nice. Where is this?

marktkt22
08-04-11, 09:47
Since apartment r low rise usually, unblock view is usually available to penthouse or level 4 etc. Gd to get penthouse in apartment, if u want some degree of unblock view, based on what i see in telok kurau areas

chiaberry
08-04-11, 09:48

unfortunately location is questionable ... sell at true D11 price ..but it really is Toa payoh lah

What about Thomson 800? Unfortunately doesn't have the large interior of Sky11 though but nearer to the MRT (Circle Line).

DC33_2008
08-04-11, 09:58
At Southbank above 30 floor.

Flyer's View:

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/ViewTowardsFlyer_Sentosa-1.jpg

Changi Airport View:

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/ViewfromPlanterBox_East.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/DSC03908ControlTower.jpg

Very nice. Where is this?

fclim
08-04-11, 10:02
Try staying in front of Expressways... :scared-1:

Agree. Those AYE facing units at the sold-out Hundred Trees will get terrible noise and dust, day and night. It is a constant humming noise and occasional screeching sounds of brakes. Many heavy container trucks pass by AYE to Jurong making it worse. Those facing landed will get the west sun, although not directly.

devilplate
08-04-11, 10:04

now many projects/locations selling at true D11 pricing liao lor....smbody jus posted southbank which is one of them

fooblackie
08-04-11, 10:45
totally disagree.....

u will appreciate and say THANK GOD ... shifting from a noisy hse to a quiet peaceful home

my own experience is shifting from a quiet peaceful home (parkview) to a "noisy" main road. being on the 17th floor, realised the sound is amplified as it travels upwards...

The sound from the main road is terrible for the 1st 2 nites. you only become very sensitive to it when you close your eyes for the nite. During the day and before sleeping, it is hardly distracting. After 2 nites of sleep, the mind just filters off these sounds...

The peaceful home faces west. The noisy home faces N. Bet the 2, i prefer the noise over the sun lol.

devilplate
08-04-11, 10:47
my own experience is shifting from a quiet peaceful home (parkview) to a "noisy" main road. being on the 17th floor, realised the sound is amplified as it travels upwards...

The sound from the main road is terrible for the 1st 2 nites. you only become very sensitive to it when you close your eyes for the nite. During the day and before sleeping, it is hardly distracting. After 2 nites of sleep, the mind just filters off these sounds...

The peaceful home faces west. The noisy home faces N. Bet the 2, i prefer the noise over the sun lol.

gd la....u easily contented....hope more buyers tink like u lor...

if ur hse N-S facing, some say too windy and things gets dusty and dark dark no sunlight....tats wat the comment i got from some buyers last time:doh:

fooblackie
08-04-11, 10:51

if ur hse N-S facing, some say too windy and things gets dusty and dark dark no sunlight....tats wat the comment i got from some buyers last time:doh:

yeah, glad i am easily contended. Maybe too burnt by the west sun liao.. easy choice bet sun and noise lol

dun want dust? just close off all the windows and on aircon 24/7 loh haha... i have really seen households liddat one...

The N-S wind to me is very worth it.. natural ventilation and save on utilities... jus a problem when it starts raining.. esp in the middle of the nite... got to get the butt up to close the windows for all the rooms..

rattydrama
08-04-11, 10:51
reality is always far from ideal:p
OCR maybe got chance :)

teddybear
08-04-11, 11:16
Firstly, it looks very much like the HDB flats closely behind it (except with the bridges between blocks).

How can it looks nice against the sea of HDB flats with all the colourful "flags" hanging outside in the background? :p

teddybear
08-04-11, 11:32
Ai yoh, like that only about 33% only mah. You listen to me, buy CCR Ardmore II at $1600 psf during 2009, now worth $28xx psf (or > +75%)! :p

i was offered a 2x flr sky11 at 11xxpsf during 09.....no cash flow tat time.....some say might as well buy TPY HDBs nearby....but wats the px now? 1500psf average....

chiaberry
08-04-11, 12:48
teddybear: Some of us are not as rich as you. Cannot afford to buy CCR. :scared-5: Especially now that prices are so high. Can only afford slimmer pickings from OCR.

Wah...didn't know view from Southbank is SO fantastic. But Lavender Street has bad memories for me. Casket company is sited near there.

teddybear
08-04-11, 12:57
That is only believed by a particular Sect of Feng Shui masters. My Feng Shui master said no such thing in their sect. There are a few major sects, but seems like in Singapore many FSM are very particular about your year of birth or birthdate etc to fit your property's main door facing etc. According to my FSM, your birthdate determines your fate, but NOT used in Feng Shui to determine direction of your house etc directly. :cheers1:

Oh yes, my FSM said buy as many properties as I can in early 2009. So still very zhun! (as we can see after that). He is telling me to hold my properties for now, don't need to sell, the night is still young. :D

teddybear
08-04-11, 13:10
That is the problem especially with those newer condo designs! Totally no protruding facade that act as rain shelters. Luckily my house got these. At night heavy rain + wind still only some drops of rain onto my parquet bedroom floors (not enough to spoil them).

I also appreciate very much the winds, although I got these from NE and SE, and nice thing about NE & SE is that still got warm (not hot) sun shine for part of the morning as natural sterilisers for my rooms.

yeah, glad i am easily contended. Maybe too burnt by the west sun liao.. easy choice bet sun and noise lol

dun want dust? just close off all the windows and on aircon 24/7 loh haha... i have really seen households liddat one...

The N-S wind to me is very worth it.. natural ventilation and save on utilities... jus a problem when it starts raining.. esp in the middle of the nite... got to get the butt up to close the windows for all the rooms..

teddybear
08-04-11, 13:13
High floor where got much dust? The dust can only come from the ground and hence only the low floor units got such problem. That is why - don't try to save money by buying the cheaper low floor unit if want for own stay. Worth it to pay more for higher floor units (even if both low floor and high also same or no view). :cheers1:
Want house to be bright easy lah, choose NE or SE lor. :D

Oh yes, high floor only got dust is when there is nearby construction building up to levels higher than your units! :banghead:

chiaberry
08-04-11, 13:21
High floor where got much dust? The dust can only come from the ground and hence only the low floor units got such problem. That is why - don't try to save money by buying the cheaper low floor unit if want for own stay. Worth it to pay more for higher floor units (even if both low floor and high also same or no view). :cheers1:
Want house to be bright easy lah, choose NE or SE lor. :D

Agree with this. My house has SE and NW facing. Enough light coming in and it is windy. On 18th floor. Chose this orientation because it's not facing the road (as traffic noise does gets more intense on higher floors as I noticed when viewing other units).

Still under renovation and my contractor recommended to remove the windows from the balcony in order to maximise the panoramic city views from the balcony. However I am worried that the rains might be very fierce on the balcony during storms.

Laguna
08-04-11, 14:57
my 2 cts worth
1. Sky11 - almost bot during launch thru' flippers then. Now went back to c the completed project. Told myself, ya. most the units look out is ugly old HDB flats, the old folk home at the entranace, the noisy school and the internal design is not efficient.

2. PH at 5th floor : unblocked view, or else, u just seeing others' old roof. But always very hot on the open roof terrace

3. I think Sun is better than noise particularly the motorbikes in the late nights.

4. Low floor could be better if surrounded by trees.

I love my place, low floor, surrounded by trees, flowers, wonderful pools (very few ppl all the time), birds and of course big balcony to enjoy, and north facing...

chiaberry
08-04-11, 16:56
my 2 cts worth

I love my place, low floor, surrounded by trees, flowers, wonderful pools (very few ppl all the time), birds and of course big balcony to enjoy, and north facing...

Where did you buy? Need to find out where are these places with underutilised pools (already counted Carabelle in that group).

devilplate
08-04-11, 17:59
Where did you buy? Need to find out where are these places with underutilised pools (already counted Carabelle in that group).

i dun tink its impt to factor in 'under utilised' pool usage as house hunting requirement rite?:beats-me-man:

devilplate
08-04-11, 18:01
my 2 cts worth
1. Sky11 - almost bot during launch thru' flippers then. Now went back to c the completed project. Told myself, ya. most the units look out is ugly old HDB flats, the old folk home at the entranace, the noisy school and the internal design is not efficient.

2. PH at 5th floor : unblocked view, or else, u just seeing others' old roof. But always very hot on the open roof terrace

3. I think Sun is better than noise particularly the motorbikes in the late nights.

4. Low floor could be better if surrounded by trees.

gd la....so many bad comments about sky11.....sea of HDBs.....old folks hm....ugly facade.....faked D11.....inefficient layout.....cant walk to TPY mrt.....ugly views.....:cheers6:

so how much u tink it will drop to during next downturn.....i am waiting eagerly:D

DC33_2008
08-04-11, 21:52
Fortunately this is at North Bridge Road. What is worst: Cemetry or casket?
teddybear: Some of us are not as rich as you. Cannot afford to buy CCR. :scared-5: Especially now that prices are so high. Can only afford slimmer pickings from OCR.

Wah...didn't know view from Southbank is SO fantastic. But Lavender Street has bad memories for me. Casket company is sited near there.

Laguna
08-04-11, 21:58
i am waiting eagerly:D

There are many property guru here.

I think it is time for us to compile the buy list and the realistic price we wish to offer.

chiaberry
08-04-11, 23:59
i dun tink its impt to factor in 'under utilised' pool usage as house hunting requirement rite?:beats-me-man:

A minor factor. But if your unit is low floor and facing the pool and the pool is over-utilised, the noise can be :eek: You yourself also unable to get chance to enjoy the pool.

romeo
09-04-11, 00:02
gd la....so many bad comments about sky11.....sea of HDBs.....old folks hm....ugly facade.....faked D11.....inefficient layout.....cant walk to TPY mrt.....ugly views.....:cheers6:

so how much u tink it will drop to during next downturn.....i am waiting eagerly:D

wah.. u really stand by sky11

ysyap
09-04-11, 07:58

Actually not that bad lah...

Sea of HDBs? Other than prime districts, everywhere in S'pore has HDB.
Old folks? We are getting there one day so don't complain if not our kids will learn and do so when we're old.
ugly facade? Its subjective. I drove pass several times and find it nice from afar...
faked D11? Maybe, maybe not. Again its subjective.
inefficient layout? Can be overcome by how we reno.
Can't walk to TPY MRT? Not really can't walk but its really far. Agreed, no need to argue.
Ugly view? Think can see MBS and big big wheels. Plus fire works during NDP...

Geylang OKT
09-04-11, 08:47
If I have to draw curtains all the time to get privacy, then it is as good as facing a wall. I do mind my neighbours looking into my house. I would rather face a not so busy road.

Doesn't bother me. I am an exhibitionist :D

mcmlxxvi
09-04-11, 09:05

Old folks? We are getting there one day so don't complain if not our kids will learn and do so when we're old.
ugly facade? Its subjective. I drove pass several times and find it nice from afar...
Can't walk to TPY MRT? Not really can't walk but its really far. Agreed, no need to argue.
No la. Some non prime area like TK and other ulu place in Sembawang for example cant see hdb wat. Heck, maybe only birds go lay eggs there...

DaytonaSS
09-04-11, 09:07

If u have a unit there , u like can liao lah. pple will always have things they wanna say to put down on other's development. But i think about it, singapore got some many condo world class swimming pool, big roads outside their condo(no jam), 0 traffic(whole singapore jam) only outside their area no jam. Damn accessible( drive to city in 10 mins), top quality finish & layout, scenic facing with greenery just outside their house, and all future developments just outside their condo. To add whip cream on their "cake", all this is in OCR and they paid cheap cheap for it. Tons of upside waiting for them in the future. Some even go to bring up points that ang mo now live in their districts and chinaman moving out of theirs.

Home is where the heart is, dont be disturbed by pple's over critical assessment.

mcmlxxvi
09-04-11, 09:08

Cemetery. Its more 'dead' or deader if there is such a word. But Casket may have more souls in limbo or on the way or lost so it really depends on what you prefer to encounter...

mcmlxxvi
09-04-11, 09:11
Ya la so desire a pool to yourself should get a PH with private pool or what la. Sure nobody fight with you... If nobody use the pool, then how to ogle at chio bu and yan daos in their skimpy ***y little swim suits leh?

And if you fall in the category described above, who gonna admire your god given assets or hard work at the gym or months of dieting?

mcmlxxvi
09-04-11, 09:18
That is the problem especially with those newer condo designs! Totally no protruding facade that act as rain shelters. Luckily my house got these. At night heavy rain + wind still only some drops of rain onto my parquet bedroom floors (not enough to spoil them).

I also appreciate very much the winds, although I got these from NE and SE, and nice thing about NE & SE is that still got warm (not hot) sun shine for part of the morning as natural sterilisers for my rooms.
Ya my kids love to lie in the morning sun as my unit face east directly... But I stopped sleeping in past 830 as the sun can make the room pretty hot by then if sky is cloudless. I sleep in natural breeze without turning on the a/c.

devilplate
09-04-11, 09:20
hard to find a hse with N-S-E facing liao.....corner unit with 3 facing

blessed with one now:D

mcmlxxvi
09-04-11, 09:24
At Southbank above 30 floor.

Flyer's View:

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/ViewTowardsFlyer_Sentosa-1.jpg

Changi Airport View:

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/ViewfromPlanterBox_East.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/DSC03908ControlTower.jpg
Nice. Though I have seen nicer from The Plaza. Only thing is depend on your facing you see certain views. I.e. They have no sky facilities to get 360o view.

devilplate
09-04-11, 09:26
for southbank...only 2 stacks got flyer/mbs/bayview

chiaberry
09-04-11, 09:36

oic so this development is near a cemetery. Whereas Southbank is near the casket company. The spirits (resident or in transit) can get a good view. Can see where they want to fly off after leaving the body.

DC33_2008
09-04-11, 14:52
Unfortunately some comes with afternoon sun.
for southbank...only 2 stacks got flyer/mbs/bayview

McKinnon
09-04-11, 20:15
pwah then many of my neighbours will be walking around naked liao. :D

09-04-11, 22:44
Unfortunately some comes with afternoon sun.
Strange, so much talk about west sun, I thought there is something called solar film in the market? I know those high grade one is very effective. I think unblocked view is more impt. Rather to have west sun and installed solar film than blocked with no view and no wind 24 hours a day!

ysyap
10-04-11, 07:43
Strange, so much talk about west sun, I thought there is something called solar film in the market? I know those high grade one is very effective. I think unblocked view is more impt. Rather to have west sun and installed solar film than blocked with no view and no wind 24 hours a day!

Well it is not necessarily the windows that the sun rays enter the room from. My kids' room has an entire wall baked by the west sun from 2pm to 7pm. When I step into the room at 9pm, its like going into sauna. No joke. Windows got solar film but wall can only have air con... sigh!!! :banghead:

10-04-11, 10:18
Well it is not necessarily the windows that the sun rays enter the room from. My kids' room has an entire wall baked by the west sun from 2pm to 7pm. When I step into the room at 9pm, its like going into sauna. No joke. Windows got solar film but wall can only have air con... sigh!!! :banghead:

Aahh..that's the difference between condo and HDB. Most condo have glass window from top to bottom but HDB usually has a small two panel window.

Frankly speaking, my unit has both NW and SE facing, both unblocked. I feel the wind is cooler and stronger in the NW side. In the morning, I prefer reading my morning newspaper at the NW side, where the cool air comes into my house, and the birds chirping with wonderful greenery view. Then when it comes to the mid-afternoon, my family reside to the main balcony and living room in the SE facing.

After installing the solar film at the NW facing recently, it really does wonder as the rooms with NW facing are much cooler than before. Even with the windows closed and catching an afternoon nap, with fan on is not warm at all.

chiaberry
10-04-11, 20:44
I think it depends on the exact site of the property, how it is designed and the surroundings. Best policy for would-be buyers would be to visit the site as often as possible during the hottest days and judge for yourself. And on the peak traffic hours if traffic noise is likely to be an issue.

fooblackie
11-04-11, 10:41
Aahh..that's the difference between condo and HDB. Most condo have glass window from top to bottom but HDB usually has a small two panel window.

Frankly speaking, my unit has both NW and SE facing, both unblocked. I feel the wind is cooler and stronger in the NW side. In the morning, I prefer reading my morning newspaper at the NW side, where the cool air comes into my house, and the birds chirping with wonderful greenery view. Then when it comes to the mid-afternoon, my family reside to the main balcony and living room in the SE facing.

After installing the solar film at the NW facing recently, it really does wonder as the rooms with NW facing are much cooler than before. Even with the windows closed and catching an afternoon nap, with fan on is not warm at all.

Prolly cos is is NW facing.. not true W, that one kenna the West sun siong. also, the wind direction in my experience is predominately from the N. So you NW gets most of the wind.

teddybear
11-04-11, 12:43
Did you check whether the sun has moved more to SW instead? Remember, the sun moves more towards SW in Jun and NW in Dec.

Anyway, the best is still N, S, NE, SE facing as don't even need fan at home! (Just avoid all W and W+ facing!).

fooblackie
11-04-11, 15:15
Did you check whether the sun has moved more to SW instead? Remember, the sun moves more towards SW in Jun and NW in Dec.

Anyway, the best is still N, S, NE, SE facing as don't even need fan at home! (Just avoid all W and W+ facing!).

in theory that will be ideal. However, hard to find a unit whereby all the windows are facing N/S or SE/NE.

my current unit is predominately facing slightly NE. Due to that, there are some small windows at the back of the kitchen and one of the rooms which faces SW. Still kena West sun into the house but not that jialat..