PDA

View Full Version : Buy List

Laguna
08-04-11, 22:15
IT would be good if the forumers here can contribute to a list of property u wish to buy and reasons
thanks

devilplate
08-04-11, 22:35
1) sky11
2) metz
3) condos along paterson
4)vermont
5) bayview the sail
6) ir facing concourse
7) more clift
8) seascape

I whr got so much monies.... The list is endless!!! :ashamed1:

Rysk
08-04-11, 23:07
Preferably high floor unit:
Orchard Residences - shop & shop & shop till you drop
The Sail - Bay view can see fireworks, F1 race, aeroplane fly pass during N day
The Hamilton Scotts - can park my Lamborghini right in my living room

All the above is just a DREAM for me.. :D

mcmlxxvi
08-04-11, 23:13
1. Reflections
2. One Shenton (gold tower)
3. GCB in Mountbatten
4. Sentosa Cove beach front bungalow
5. Prewar walkup or Conservation shophouses

Reasons include outstanding architecture, uniqueness, nostalgia and rare exclusivity.

romeo
08-04-11, 23:32
i like all the above listed n for the same reasons:D

fiat500
08-04-11, 23:50
high floor aalto.:cheers6:

DaytonaSS
09-04-11, 00:26
Nassim GCB. PERIOD

devilplate
09-04-11, 00:29
Nassim GCB. PERIOD

yi bu deng tian???:p

westman
09-04-11, 00:37
1) Mandai Crematorium CONDO, ideally large enough to keep me and my wife...
2) CCK Landed, unless LH can increase from 15 to 99 years..

:D

devilplate
09-04-11, 00:39
Mandai Crematorium, ideally large enough to keep me and my wife...:D

how old r u?:scared-1:

westman
09-04-11, 00:44
how old r u?:scared-1:

Not old enough... and expecting to blow at least 30 more times of birthday cakes with candles if Singapore elder statistics ages is true..:D :D

Having that tot becos Mandai seem to be full liao during my recent QINGMING PRAY and guessed it would be very ex for my kids to handle my HAPPY DEATHDAY in the future....

:spliff:

DaytonaSS
09-04-11, 01:00
Not old enough... and expecting to blow at least 30 more times of birthday cakes with candles if Singapore elder statistics ages is true..:D :D

Having that tot becos Mandai seem to be full liao during my recent QINGMING PRAY and guessed it would be very ex for my kids to handle my HAPPY DEATHDAY in the future....

The sea can absorb alot also.

DaytonaSS
09-04-11, 01:01
yi bu deng tian???:p

wish and can/cannot is another matter although

westman
09-04-11, 01:11

Have tot of that but think my kids would have a hard time to locate me.
Also, want to hug my wife deep deep after attaining Nirvana...:D :D :D

Absorb by the sea would be tough for me to hug wife deep leh....:o

dtrax
09-04-11, 01:50
I not very greedy... juz once of each is enough:
- 1 Landed
- 1 condo in orchard
- 1 condo in Cbd
- 1 condo in Sentosa
- 1 condo in RCR
- 1 condo in OCR

Geylang OKT
09-04-11, 05:42

U are in your late fifties Sir? :D

Geylang OKT
09-04-11, 05:43

Outer space, the next frontier :D

chiaberry
09-04-11, 08:07
Outer space, the next frontier :D

The kids won't be able to find them there.

westman
09-04-11, 08:31
U are in your late fifties Sir? :D

Not that old lah and not even close to reach the "CPF minimum sum" yet...;)

sufri
09-04-11, 09:15
Mandarin gardens because of beautiful landscape, laid back kampung atmosphere. i am a simple guy :)

DaytonaSS
09-04-11, 09:42
Have tot of that but think my kids would have a hard time to locate me.
Also, want to hug my wife deep deep after attaining Nirvana...:D :D :D

Absorb by the sea would be tough for me to hug wife deep leh....:o

maybe can buy a "parking lot" in JB, cheaper alternative : ) house have proven to be much cheaper there.

Ronan Loh
09-04-11, 20:32
1. The seaview
2. Latitude
3. St Thomas suites

McKinnon
09-04-11, 20:36
1. Marina Bay residences
2. Camelot
3. Cote D'Azur penthouse
4. Waterfront Collection penthouse

dream dream dream :D

wind
09-04-11, 21:57
Goodwood Residences
Volari
The Shelford
The Seaview
Suites@Central

westman
09-04-11, 23:06
maybe can buy a "parking lot" in JB, cheaper alternative : ) house have proven to be much cheaper there.

Seriously, me currently bio the some landed near bukit inda and Nusa Jaya.
Think of getting one for retirement.

By 60+, stay at JB to enjoy the slow pace lifestyle. SG properties for rental income. If sick and need to take long term drugs, consult doctors and ask for prescription in SG, purchase drug in JB for costs saving...

:sleep:

TKT
10-04-11, 01:01
HDB maisonette, high floor, corner unit, facing greenery...
... take life easier...

... but now ineligible because unwilling to dispose of private properties... :scared-2: :spliff:

romeo
10-04-11, 04:14
stay at jb means have to rent the house there? or else have to let go your property in sg?

azeoprop
10-04-11, 12:05
Anybody experienced in properties in central london? Any potential and what are the risks? My friend in london say King Cross area is a good buy. Same for this propertyguru report:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2011/3/29928/central-london-property-remains-a-safe-investment

Saw Sat's papers alot of london properties being advertised. :beats-me-man:

DC33_2008
10-04-11, 12:13
What if English Pounds drop further given their week economy?
Anybody experienced in properties in central london? Any potential and what are the risks? My friend in london say King Cross area is a good buy. Same for this propertyguru report:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2011/3/29928/central-london-property-remains-a-safe-investment

rattydrama
10-04-11, 16:57
stay at jb means have to rent the house there? or else have to let go your property in sg?

this rule only applies to HDB right? If you already got your private can still buy overseas property right?

chiaberry
11-04-11, 07:37

London property benefits:
- GBP has weakened a lot already therefore there could be some medium to long term upside for the currency (could still weaken in the short term).
- Good rental market and yield (quite easy to rent out if you are realistic for the price).
- Upside potential for capital gains (over long term property in London does go up reasonably well)

Risks:
- High costs of maintenance (the maintenance fees go up a LOT over time higher than rate of inflation no matter that they seem to be reasonable when you purchase the unit)
- High fees to the various agencies (property agents to let the unit, plumbers, electricians, etc plus the fees to the agents who get the workers for you). There are a number of things that can go wrong including the central heating system, plumbing etc. and don't expect to pay Singapore prices to have these sorted out, their plumbers/electricians charge way more than Singapore esp for emergency service (that's provided you can even find somebody to come out at short notice)
- Everything subject to VAT (their equivalent of GST) which is more than double of Singapore's
- Possibility of estate duty (inhertance tax) for property value over GBP325,000 (could have been revised in latest budget I'm not sure) - their estate duty is 40% above this threshold so beware, it's not small amount to be sneezed at
- Difficulties collecting rent on time (UK-ers are not the best money-managers, seems to be frequent not able to pay the rent on time with all sorts of lame excuses such as relatives "died" etc zzzz plus some tenants can abscond without notice and unable to be traced) - trust me these happen not infrequently as I have been renting out property in London for many many years now - you need to have holding power to pay the housing loan installments if your tenant should prove unreliable.
- Tenants change over once every 6 months to a year compared to Singapore where standard tenancy period is for 2 years, therefore you could incur costs to clean/paint/furnish more frequently than Singapore.

Not being on site to manage renovations/repairs, etc means you will likely kena chop by those tradesmen there unless you are willing to go over yourself to source and supervise which will incur you $$$ for travel and accomodation.

Actual net rental yield is not as high as what they advertise due to the various costs/fees/GST etc "eating" into your rent.

You have to do your sums carefully to see if you have some financial lee-way to top up money for unforeseen circumstances. Generally this investment is OK for the medium to long term but you will have to budget more for running/maintenance/repairs compared to Singapore for an equivalent investment.

devilplate
11-04-11, 09:08
sounds so troublesome....

might as well change to aussie dollar and earn interest....LOL

chiaberry
11-04-11, 09:16
sounds so troublesome....

might as well change to aussie dollar and earn interest....LOL

Actually yes...it is somewhat troublesome. That's why you should regard it as medium to long term investment. And I am giving you warning abt the negative points so that you go in with eyes open (whoever wishes to divest yr portfolio in UK). And don't :banghead: if problems arise and you are half-way round the world so how to deal with it? Totally can get chop by the agents there liao. (examples tenant doesn't pay rent on time - who is going to make repeated phone calls to find out why and keep on chasing for the rent and who is going to check if the tenant is still there or has run away? who is going to arrange a plumber when the pipes burst or the central heating break down in the cold weather?)

Of course if you can tahan the inconveniences, the investment in London property is still fundamentally sound just be prepared mentally for the roller coaster rides of maintenance along the way. If you can finish paying one housing loan for London property, you find that you can buy another one and the rent from both will easily cover the expenses and housing loan installments and they will be self-financing. However, I would rather buy from the open market (resale property) rather than from the new launches as you would have better choice of the location and try and get properties with less likelihood of high maintenance fees in the future. Those new launches with the good facilities - you just wait...the maintenance fees will be a big killer in the years to come. The more facilities the more the hikes in maintenance are going to be. I avoid those flashy launches with lots of fast-talking property agents....surely a lot will be going in commission to those guys. If they need to launch over here with fanfare and expensive marketing teams....then have alarm bells ringing that they cannot garner enough local buyers within their own market. And are you buying a less than optimal location? You MUST go and check out the location yourself if buying overseas property. Cannot rely on plans and sauve agents to talk you into the purchase.

devilplate
11-04-11, 09:33
Actually yes...it is somewhat troublesome. That's why you should regard it as medium to long term investment. And I am giving you warning abt the negative points so that you go in with eyes open (whoever wishes to divest yr portfolio in UK). And don't :banghead: if problems arise and you are half-way round the world so how to deal with it? Totally can get chop by the agents there liao. (examples tenant doesn't pay rent on time - who is going to make repeated phone calls to find out why and keep on chasing for the rent and who is going to check if the tenant is still there or has run away? who is going to arrange a plumber when the pipes burst or the central heating break down in the cold weather?)

Of course if you can tahan the inconveniences, the investment in London property is still fundamentally sound just be prepared mentally for the roller coaster rides of maintenance along the way. If you can finish paying one housing loan for London property, you find that you can buy another one and the rent from both will easily cover the expenses and housing loan installments and they will be self-financing. However, I would rather buy from the open market (resale property) rather than from the new launches as you would have better choice of the location and try and get properties with less likelihood of high maintenance fees in the future. Those new launches with the good facilities - you just wait...the maintenance fees will be a big killer in the years to come. The more facilities the more the hikes in maintenance are going to be. I avoid those flashy launches with lots of fast-talking property agents....surely a lot will be going in commission to those guys. If they need to launch over here with fanfare and expensive marketing teams....then have alarm bells ringing that they cannot garner enough local buyers within their own market. And are you buying a less than optimal location? You MUST go and check out the location yourself if buying overseas property. Cannot rely on plans and sauve agents to talk you into the purchase.

tks...i tink jus keep some foreign currencies and gold bars rather den buying foreign ppty....easier to manage...hehe

DaytonaSS
11-04-11, 20:17
singapore got alot to buy already ma.... must be careful when buying overseas.

azeoprop
11-04-11, 20:24
Thanks for the info. I guess I will stick to Singapore properties for now. :scared-3:

ysyap
11-04-11, 20:38
Thanks for the info. I guess I will stick to Singapore properties for now. :scared-3:

Agreed... unless you travel there frequently or u have trusted sources on where in an overseas country to buy... too much homework... :scared-4: Me more lazy so stay with Singapore properties :sleep: .

sh
11-04-11, 20:42
me too....

But logic tells you to diversify....

Laziness tells you otherwise....:sleep: