PDA

View Full Version : What are the differences between studio and 1-bedder unit?

singprop
12-04-11, 03:06
I don't seem to be able to tell the differences? :beats-me-man:

kaizhe
12-04-11, 04:38
I don't seem to be able to tell the differences? :beats-me-man:

easy la, studio = no wall to separate the bedroom and other parts of the unit,open concept.

1 bedder = has a wall to separate the bedroom and create more privacy.

ysyap
12-04-11, 06:46
easy la, studio = no wall to separate the bedroom and other parts of the unit,open concept.

1 bedder = has a wall to separate the bedroom and create more privacy.

Some times half a wall also can, i.e. no door just a partition...

august
12-04-11, 10:50
1-bedder means there is a proper room, the kind with concrete/bricks and not some partition.

devilplate
12-04-11, 10:53
now agts anyhow use studios/1bedder .....

some say clift is studios....:doh:

ysyap
12-04-11, 10:55
1-bedder means there is a proper room, the kind with concrete/bricks and not some partition.

Sorry for not being clear, I don't mean the cardboard hollow partition. I meant concrete wall partition... :D

devilplate
12-04-11, 11:07

by ur definition, clift is a studio if buyer choose glass panel instead of concrete wall?:confused:

to me, as long the bedroom is partitioned....not a open concept bedroom....its considered a 1bedder.....jus like The Sail.....they r 1bedder although they use sliding door as the divider...m i right?

august
12-04-11, 11:13
by ur definition, clift is a studio if buyer choose glass panel instead of concrete wall?:confused:

to me, as long the bedroom is partitioned....not a open concept bedroom....its considered a 1bedder.....jus like The Sail.....they r 1bedder although they use sliding door as the divider...m i right?

to me sliding door partition would be a studio

glass panel is just a ID thing, a bedroom means there should be a proper door to the bedroom.

devilplate
12-04-11, 11:19

glass panel is just a ID thing, a bedroom means there should be a proper door to the bedroom.

so agts r right tat clift is studios?

devilplate
12-04-11, 11:23

glass door wif lockset is not a proper door?

clift bathroom all using glass sliding door....not a proper bathroom ? hehe

august
12-04-11, 11:33

dunno leh, have not seen clift
was told some Sail owners remove the sliding partition of the 2 bedder and actually build an immovable wall and door to make it a "proper" bedroom

in the old days, which isnt too long ago and only just few yrs ago, the definition of a bedroom means a proper room with the size to fit in a queen size bed. if can only fit in a single or twin that is considered a +1

in these post lehman days developers are imo playing fast and loose with bedroom definitions, especially mass mkt projects. so a 1+1 becomes a 2 bedder and a 1 bedder with alcove becomes a 1+1 hahaha

devilplate
12-04-11, 11:36
dunno leh, have not seen clift
was told some Sail owners remove the sliding partition of the 2 bedder and actually build an immovable wall and door to make it a "proper" bedroom

in the old days, which isnt too long ago and only just few yrs ago, the definition of a bedroom means a proper room with the size to fit in a queen size bed. if can only fit in a single or twin that is considered a +1

in these post lehman days developers are imo playing fast and loose with bedroom definitions, especially mass mkt projects. so a 1+1 becomes a 2 bedder and a 1 bedder with alcove becomes a 1+1 hahaha

ya la....nowadays 2bedder in fact its a 1+study lor.....common bedroom may not even fit in a super single:doh:

august
12-04-11, 11:38
glass door wif lockset is not a proper door?

clift bathroom all using glass sliding door....not a proper bathroom ? hehe

dun jump subject to bathroom when we are talking about bedroom

devilplate
12-04-11, 11:41
dun jump subject to bathroom when we are talking about bedroom

??? y so sensitive?:scared-5:

add subject cannot?:doh:

clift bedrm door and bathrm doors both glass door
does glass door =proper door?

august
12-04-11, 11:43
??? y so sensitive?:scared-5:

add subject cannot?:doh:

clift bedrm door and bathrm doors both glass door
does glass door =proper door?
dont sensitive lah, just pointing out your habit of jumping around bringing in unrelated subjects to seemingly support your point. :o

p.s. dont worry, once i take a look at clift i will give it my objective views, can?

devilplate
12-04-11, 11:43
The Sail cud be term as hybrid 1bedder with studio concept? can close all sliding door to become a proper bedroom or open up to become studio....hmm

devilplate
12-04-11, 11:45
dont sensitive lah, just pointing out your habit of jumping around bringing in unrelated subjects to seemingly support your point. :o

wah liu....i say u sensitive....become u say i sensitive now?

tell me more?:doh:

devilplate
12-04-11, 11:47

p.s. dont worry, once i take a look at clift i will give it my objective views, can?

sure....but hor objective can be subjective wor

august
12-04-11, 11:53
sure....but hor objective can be subjective wor
learn from u one mah hehe :o

ysyap
12-04-11, 11:59
ya la....nowadays 2bedder in fact its a 1+study lor.....common bedroom may not even fit in a super single:doh:
Don't know what developers are thinking... Visited an unsold penthouse 2 months back. 4 bedrooms and so it states on paper. When I stepped into the Master bedroom on 2nd floor, sure can fit a queen sized bed but that's about it. Have to walk on the bed to reach the toilet... :doh: So definition of queen size bed is insufficient to define a decent room. Must be can fit queen size bed and still have 1m walking isle around the bed... hahaha :D.

They say MM units are the current in thing but didn't know it applies to MM bedrooms too... :tsk-tsk:

august
12-04-11, 12:01

if developer give bedroom but owner prefer to turn it into a studio, then it is a studio lor :o

imagine a 1300 sqft 3BR unit and owner removes all the wall to make it open concept, big big studio lor lol

devilplate
12-04-11, 12:17
if developer give bedroom but owner prefer to turn it into a studio, then it is a studio lor :o

imagine a 1300 sqft 3BR unit and owner removes all the wall to make it open concept, big big studio lor lol

yes...but for me, glass wall with glass door is considered as a 1bedder......doesnt hf to be concrete wall....for me partitioned wall with a door aso can wor....

mabe a divider without a door den its a studio....

Regulators
12-04-11, 14:17
An apartment can still be a studio even with a partitioned room. I think a one bedr needs to have a door in the bedroom linking to the toilet but a studio does not have door to toilet in the room

ysyap
12-04-11, 15:03

$1.2m for a studio apartment? Think this owner plans to stay there for good. Similarly when build extra room in that unit, it becomes a 4 bedder? Think there is no black and white definition for such stuff, or is there? :doh:

ysyap
12-04-11, 15:04
An apartment can still be a studio even with a partitioned room. I think a one bedr needs to have a door in the bedroom linking to the toilet but a studio does not have door to toilet in the room Not sure if there are such studios around? No door to room I can understand but no door to toilet, unheard of!!!! :doh: I won't want the fragrance of my toilet to fill the room when I'm asleep or when there are visitors or when I'm eating... Hmmm.... :tsk-tsk:

devilplate
12-04-11, 15:36
Not sure if there are such studios around? No door to room I can understand but no door to toilet, unheard of!!!! :doh: I won't want the fragrance of my toilet to fill the room when I'm asleep or when there are visitors or when I'm eating... Hmmm.... :tsk-tsk:
I tink he meant attached toilet....

singprop
13-04-11, 00:43
@_@ :eek: :scared-5: :doh: :banghead:

romeo
14-04-11, 23:18
hahahahahahahhaha