PDA

View Full Version : Terrasse (D19, 99 years LH, MCL Land (Serangoon) Pte Ltd)

Pages : [1] 2 3

shawnabc77
17-04-11, 22:23
Terrasse @ Hougang (http://www.terrasseathougang.com/) is in close proximity to everywhere that matters. Whether it is traveling to work in the Central Business District or simply entertaining you at any of 2 integrated Resorts, all of the desired destinations are just a moment away. Everything that matters to you, to your family, your friends and loved ones are within comfortable reach.

They say a home represents the human psyche. Where you choose to live must express and complement your individuality, desires and innermost self. Presenting Terrasse @ Hougang (http://www.newlaunchsingapore.com/suburban/terrasse-hougang), the perfect embodiment of class and luxury set in a vibrant atmosphere, awaiting your very presence.

Terrasse @ Hougang truly stands out in the neighborhood, befitting the discerned owner. Have your own slice of reward for all that you have worked for min life because you deserve it. This is where your journey begins.

It is located in a centralized city fringe with affordable low quantum with good rental yield. It is just a few minutes away from Aljuneid MRT and the Paya Lebar MRT Interchange where you have easy access to travel even on a daily basis. It can take way the usual hassles in traveling because of the nearby expressways and mode of traveling. There are a lot of famous eateries nearby that will satisfy you hunger pangs on a busy day. You can choose from many restaurants that would suit your taste and your family’s palate. Get your tummies full in the various food offered there. If you want to enjoy the sun and sand in Integrated Resort or Suntec City, it is just a few minutes’ drive from Terrasse @ Hougang. It will never be a waste of time going there because it is just a few minutes’ drive then you will arrive at your destination.

Terrasse @ Hougang – A Treasure close to heart.

Do you want to be the first to get your choice unit at the best price? Never miss a New Launch event again. Get your latest updates from New Launch Singapore.

Best Regards

New Launch Singapore (http://www.newlaunchsingapore.com)

richardsng_era
18-04-11, 10:53
The much-awaited condo launch in Hougang / Serangoon is here. VVIP Preview Registration starts now!

SMS <D19TER> to +65-92993342 to register for VVIP Preview for best price & best choice.

Theme- Organic tropical with beautiful landscaping and greenery and water features ,feel like staying in a landed houses yet with condo facilities! (the facade of each blocks and units will be varies from each other)

Designed by architect AGA (design Hillcrest Villas (Award Winning Project) and Peak @Belmeg)

For more information, feel free to visit http://forsalebydevelopers.weebly.com/d19-terrasse--serangoon.html

bargain hunter
27-04-11, 15:24
http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/terrasse/TerrasseBrochure.pdf

bargain hunter
27-04-11, 15:49
layout quite alright but site plan looks cramped.

azeoprop
27-04-11, 16:09
Within 1km from rosyth school...kiasu parents will snatch like nobody's business... :p

bargain hunter
27-04-11, 16:10
rosyth is one of the most balloted schools. within 1km also not much help.

Within 1km from rosyth school...kiasu parents will snatch like nobody's business... :p

devilplate
27-04-11, 16:10

i tink ura shd look into this issue...

increase plot ratio without increasing the height limit is the problem....:doh:

those boutique apts(5-6storey high).....all super cramped....

devilplate
27-04-11, 16:11
rosyth is one of the most balloted schools. within 1km also not much help.

yeah, potential buyers shd just treat gd schools nearby as a bonus instead of a deciding factor

devilplate
27-04-11, 16:20

only 1bedder layout looks good wor...

2bedder's common bedrm so small again:doh:

2/3bedder balcony looks big and funny shaped for some....

bargain hunter
27-04-11, 16:25
there are 3 bedders which can fit in queen sized beds in all 3 bedrooms and 4 bedders which can fit in queen beds in all 4 bedrooms. those could be more popular i think?

only 1bedder layout looks good wor...

2bedder's common bedrm so small again:doh:

2/3bedder balcony looks big and funny shaped for some....

amk
27-04-11, 16:26
looks like it's *really* the norm to have 11xxsqft as standard 3bd size now:(

we are going the HK way....

devilplate
27-04-11, 16:31
there are 3 bedders which can fit in queen sized beds in all 3 bedrooms and 4 bedders which can fit in queen beds in all 4 bedrooms. those could be more popular i think?

yeah...not bad too

how much is the indicative...850psf?

wonder wats the selling points

bargain hunter
27-04-11, 16:35
in hk, 1000 sq ft is "luxurious", so sg now become 3 bedroom about 1000 sq ft. still ok if well designed and no wastage i guess.

looks like it's *really* the norm to have 1000sqft as standard 3bd size now:(

devilplate
27-04-11, 16:38
in hk, 1000 sq ft is "luxurious", so sg now become 3 bedroom about 1000 sq ft. still ok if well designed and no wastage i guess.

really? by HK standard 1ksqft luxurious? which includes the common lobby area?

azeoprop
27-04-11, 17:18

Ok lah, there are no bomb shelter, no planters and no bay windows. so 1000sqft still ok vs the old designs 1200sqft which include 200sqft for these.

azeoprop
27-04-11, 17:39
looks like it's *really* the norm to have 11xxsqft as standard 3bd size now:(

3 bedroom premium units in the Minton 1335sqft with unblocked views are still available for your selection... :rolleyes:

Kenshinto80
27-04-11, 17:39
Terrasse @ Hougang (http://www.terrasseathougang.com/) is in close proximity to everywhere that matters. Whether it is traveling to work in the Central Business District or simply entertaining you at any of 2 integrated Resorts, all of the desired destinations are just a moment away. Everything that matters to you, to your family, your friends and loved ones are within comfortable reach.

They say a home represents the human psyche. Where you choose to live must express and complement your individuality, desires and innermost self. Presenting Terrasse @ Hougang (http://www.newlaunchsingapore.com/suburban/terrasse-hougang), the perfect embodiment of class and luxury set in a vibrant atmosphere, awaiting your very presence.

Terrasse @ Hougang truly stands out in the neighborhood, befitting the discerned owner. Have your own slice of reward for all that you have worked for min life because you deserve it. This is where your journey begins.

It is located in a centralized city fringe with affordable low quantum with good rental yield. It is just a few minutes away from Aljuneid MRT and the Paya Lebar MRT Interchange where you have easy access to travel even on a daily basis. It can take way the usual hassles in traveling because of the nearby expressways and mode of traveling. There are a lot of famous eateries nearby that will satisfy you hunger pangs on a busy day. You can choose from many restaurants that would suit your taste and your family’s palate. Get your tummies full in the various food offered there. If you want to enjoy the sun and sand in Integrated Resort or Suntec City, it is just a few minutes’ drive from Terrasse @ Hougang. It will never be a waste of time going there because it is just a few minutes’ drive then you will arrive at your destination.

Terrasse @ Hougang – A Treasure close to heart.

Do you want to be the first to get your choice unit at the best price? Never miss a New Launch event again. Get your latest updates from New Launch Singapore.

Best Regards

New Launch Singapore (http://www.newlaunchsingapore.com)

It is just a few minutes away from Aljuneid MRT and the Paya Lebar MRT Interchange???

devilplate
27-04-11, 17:49
It is just a few minutes away from Aljuneid MRT and the Paya Lebar MRT Interchange???

this guy anyhow cut and paste one lor...just dun bother to read:D

mantrix
27-04-11, 18:04
really? by HK standard 1ksqft luxurious? which includes the common lobby area?

In HK, if it's 1200 sq ft or more, they are classified as 'luxury apartments'

devilplate
27-04-11, 18:05
In HK, if it's 1200 sq ft or more, they are classified as 'luxury apartments'

which includes how many % common lobby area?

mantrix
27-04-11, 18:37
which includes how many % common lobby area?

i dun think it includes any...

Andrew76
27-04-11, 20:50
yeah...not bad too

how much is the indicative...850psf?

wonder wats the selling points

Dun think so cheap leh. Some agent in propertyguru put $1000+ psf :eek:

azeoprop
27-04-11, 21:13
So ex?! Its not near any mrt station at all. Kovan and Hougang MRT all more than 1km away.

Montaigne
27-04-11, 21:16
I am looking at hougang area because it should be cheaper than many other areas. May i know if this is freehold? Thks.

ANy advice kovan or hougang is better? Value for money? thks.

ysyap
27-04-11, 21:33
I am looking at hougang area because it should be cheaper than many other areas. May i know if this is freehold? Thks.

ANy advice kovan or hougang is better? Value for money? thks.If I'm not mistaken, this is a 99 year leasehold. Anyway, D19 like Hougang is cheaper than all CCR and most RCR projects but in OCR, it is climbing. It used to be hovering at 800 to 1000psf just 2 years back. Now, most of the new projects are commanding 1100psf. Personally, I feel that developers are rushing to buy D19 lands to sell coz they think can make money. Prices are rising so if you plan to buy, be quick. Honestly, at $1100 psf, I'd rather take a unit at D13 Potong Pasir at $1200 psf. Hmmm... Consider! :spliff:

azeoprop
27-04-11, 21:34
It is only 99 years lease.
http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore-Property-New-Launch/Terrasse.php

Ronan Loh
29-04-11, 21:44
Make a guess at px?

Shall be higher than hedges park?

My pick - 2 bed 950psf
3 bed 900 psf
4 bed 875 psf

azeoprop
29-04-11, 22:19
I guess psf should be slightly higher than the minton and around what H2O residence is selling now given their similar compact unit concept.
1000 psf for 1 bedroom
950psf for 2 bedroom
900psf for 3 bedroom

:beats-me-man:

devilplate
29-04-11, 22:44
I guess psf should be slightly higher than the minton and around what H2O residence is selling now given their similar compact unit concept.
1000 psf for 1 bedroom
950psf for 2 bedroom
900psf for 3 bedroom

guess correctly got price anot?

chiaberry
29-04-11, 22:54
I was eyeing the Duplex 4 bedder with underground parking space for 2 cars. The agent said indicative pricing around 900+. But the price not confirmed yet. It's not that near MRT. Developer will provide shuttle bus to MRT for first year (was what I was told). The agent said will email me the plans but yet to do so.

devilplate
29-04-11, 22:58
I was eyeing the Duplex 4 bedder with underground parking space for 2 cars. The agent said indicative pricing around 900+. But the price not confirmed yet. It's not that near MRT. Developer will provide shuttle bus to MRT for first year (was what I was told). The agent said will email me the plans but yet to do so.

so car lot space included in the strata area?

azeoprop
29-04-11, 23:03

You can download the whole brochure here:

The Garden Duplex type C-GD 2497sqft. Basically it is a ground floor 3 bedroom unit with a separate basement studio unit and 2 parking lots.
:)

chiaberry
29-04-11, 23:12
so car lot space included in the strata area?

Thanks for the URL for the floor plans.

Yes. The 2 car parking spaces are included.

The kitchen/dining is quite small though.

propnexlaunches
30-04-11, 01:51
New Project Launching in the North-East! Preview tentatively on 21st May 2011!

Terrasse @ Serangoonlocated along Hougang Ave 2

Major Selling Points
1. Reputable schools located nearby, which includes Rosyth School, just walking distance away and Xinmin Primary/Secondary as well as Serangoon Junior College. It is also directly opposite Bowen Secondary School

2. River theme with exciting full condo facilities on one of the largest land parcel located in the vicinity

3. Well connected to major arterial roads and expressways such as CTE and KPE, 13mins to CBD & Marina Integrated Resort, 15mins to the Orchard Shopping Belt

4. Kovan, Serangoon and Hougang MRT Stations as well as Hougang Bus Interchange located within close proximity hence providing convenient public transport links to all parts of Singapore. Shuttle bus service will also be provided to Serangoon MRT.

5. Ample amenities within reach such as Hougang Mall, Heartland Mall, Hougang Market, Nex Mega Mall and Chomp Chomp!

6. Reputable Developers in MCL Land which will assure you good quality finishes

7. High rental demand and yield with its close proximity to many businesses and industrial parks in Ubi and Eunos

8. Great investment value due to very reasonable pricing

9. Very spacious and functional unit layouts

10. Beautiful unblock views of the landed properties surrounding the site

11. Located within an established private residential estate — enjoy high standards of living and the feeling of exclusivity

12. Recreational facilities available at nearby Hougang Stadium, Swimming Complex and Sports Hall are just 10-min walk away

Price from only $900-$950psf!

1/2/3/4/ph available.

Buy through PropNexLaunches.com to receive a free Ipad2! T&C applies.

Check out PropNexLaunches.com for more details and download e-brochure.

kingkong1984
30-04-11, 16:37
another silly name again

Terra sse...

Terra 'Die' ...

DC33_2008
30-04-11, 16:48
Sound like "Tear Ass".

another silly name again

Terra sse...

Terra 'Die' ...

kingkong1984
30-04-11, 17:20
now u said it.. quite funny..

translated in hockian, its call

'Kar Cheng Bip'

funny sia...

azeoprop
30-04-11, 22:25
Nowadays everybody build small flats to sell at high psf .... :(

vinc1281
01-05-11, 01:31
Fellow forumers

Thank you all for your comments on this
Project!

Personally I went down today with my wife to have a on site visit. Would love to share my findings with you all. I believe I have much to gain an learn from your insights.

Let me know if u like more info on the project. Personally I'm looking at the 3BR and was told selling price should be slightly above 1mil. I'm looking at stack 19. If u guys want to comment on layout I'll gladly put it up.

Hope to share more pointers on this project! Cheers! And have a Great MAY DAY!

devilplate
01-05-11, 01:46
Fellow forumers

Thank you all for your comments on this
Project!

Personally I went down today with my wife to have a on site visit. Would love to share my findings with you all. I believe I have much to gain an learn from your insights.

Let me know if u like more info on the project. Personally I'm looking at the 3BR and was told selling price should be slightly above 1mil. I'm looking at stack 19. If u guys want to comment on layout I'll gladly put it up.

to be honest, skip this project even for self stay

this project i got no interest at all

kingkong1984
01-05-11, 05:34
Thanks for the URL for the floor plans.

Yes. The 2 car parking spaces are included.

The kitchen/dining is quite small though.

Why included when it is free for others?

I always look for big masterbed room plus big living room in bigger units. Not tiny ones.

vinc1281
01-05-11, 09:05
to be honest, skip this project even for self stay

this project i got no interest at all

Why is that so?

Honestly we've been looking around since 2009 and it's one of the few projects that I quite like personally.

A few reasons - large land size but with only 400+ units. Nice facade. Water features with 70% units with pool view. Affordable in my opinion, as most sub sales 3BR easily more than 1mil. For a new project I feel pricing is ok. There are no bay windows and bomb shelter so more living space. Within 1km to rosyth.

Bad points are small gross area. For 3br about 1000sq feet only. Next to noisy hougang ave2 but they negate that with insulate glass which hopefully works. Not exactly near to mrt or amenities. Still thinking. Hahaha will be doing more research to share with interested parties.

But will definitely hope to hear your views. Cheers!

vinc1281
01-05-11, 09:09

I always look for big masterbed room plus big living room in bigger units. Not tiny ones.

Hahhaha. Interesting.

Coz your belief is in stark contrast to your signature below your nick.

"go for smallest unit?"

But yes for terrase the 3Br is abit small. But also translate to a more affordable quatum. :p

Montaigne
01-05-11, 09:10
Why is that so?

Honestly we've been looking around since 2009 and it's one of the few projects that I quite like personally.

A few reasons - large land size but with only 400+ units. Nice facade. Water features with 70% units with pool view. Affordable in my opinion, as most sub sales 3BR easily more than 1mil. For a new project I feel pricing is ok. There are no bay windows and bomb shelter so more living space. Within 1km to rosyth.

Bad points are small gross area. For 3br about 1000sq feet only. Next to noisy hougang ave2 but they negate that with insulate glass which hopefully works. Not exactly near to mrt or amenities. Still thinking. Hahaha will be doing more research to share with interested parties.

Not easy to find one property that you like. I have been searching and have not found one that I truely like yet. If I can find one that is within my budget and I like for own stay, I will grab. YOu are going to stay long term in the property, so cannot compromise for the 2nd best, or even cheaper alternative. In fact I would rather pay more for something that I like ev en if someone said I am crazy. The key word is you "Like" it.

devilplate
01-05-11, 09:24
Why is that so?

ok sorry for not including any details:)

the only selling point about this location is rosyth sch....tats all.

if its px is 850psf....den ok for u to buy bcoz u may haf personal reasons to favour this location.....bcoz i purely give my opinion from an investor point of view;)

vinc1281
01-05-11, 09:48
ok sorry for not including any details:)

the only selling point about this location is rosyth sch....tats all.

if its px is 850psf....den ok for u to buy bcoz u may haf personal reasons to favour this location.....bcoz i purely give my opinion from an investor point of view;)

Developer is letting go most likely at 950psf. So given that ur limit is $850 Psf then I'm paying about $100psf more. For a 3br that would translate to $100k more that I'm paying. Hmmm. So that is the question I have to ask myself.

But from an investor pt of view, what is ur take on this LH project? Most projects around the area is FH or 999. Do you think this plot of land has en bloc potential? Personally I feel its limited by the plot ratio.

There is an empty PC of land at the elevated land but according to master plan it's for civil and community uses. Next to Bowen there is empty land but demarcated as reserve.

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

vinc1281
01-05-11, 09:53
Not easy to find one property that you like. I have been searching and have not found one that I truely like yet. If I can find one that is within my budget and I like for own stay, I will grab. YOu are going to stay long term in the property, so cannot compromise for the 2nd best, or even cheaper alternative. In fact I would rather pay more for something that I like ev en if someone said I am crazy. The key word is you "Like" it.

Hahaha. Cant agree with you more.

But cant always follow ur heart. Must also consider the head espcially if it's the biggest single ticket item u r getting and will probably last for us for the next few years.

So for my heart have to ask myself. For the head would need all u savvy investors and condo owners to share your golden words so that noobs like me can learn from ur Insights.

chiaberry
01-05-11, 09:53

It is not free for others. It is your own personal 2 car park spaces in the basement of your unit. It's a duplex apartment. Downstairs is the car park spaces plus studio bedroom/toilet. Upstairs is living/dining/kitchen plus 3 bedrooms.

chiaberry
01-05-11, 09:57
Hahaha. Cant agree with you more.

But cant always follow ur heart. Must also consider the head espcially if it's the biggest single ticket item u r getting and will probably last for us for the next few years.

So for my heart have to ask myself. For the head would need all u savvy investors and condo owners to share your golden words so that noobs like me can learn from ur Insights.

Personally I don't feel the location is that good. It's not near MRT station. I myself would rather pay more and get a FH or 999 resale nearer an MRT station. What size/layout at you looking at?

devilplate
01-05-11, 10:09
It is not free for others. It is your own personal 2 car park spaces in the basement of your unit. It's a duplex apartment. Downstairs is the car park spaces plus studio bedroom/toilet. Upstairs is living/dining/kitchen plus 3 bedrooms.

if buying for own stay whereby u nid 2 car lots and u dunwan to fight wif others for car lots every nite.....its worth it to pay for a personalised car lot;)

$$ is well spent as long it makes u happy;)

jus like when we do charity by calling NKF ? do we really feel happy?

i feel alot happier by donating to the old and handicapped i saw on the streets;) :D

vinc1281
01-05-11, 10:11
Personally I don't feel the location is that good. It's not near MRT station. I myself would rather pay more and get a FH or 999 resale nearer an MRT station. What size/layout at you looking at?

Ya. Not near Mrt. But if it's near then it's will be as crazily priced as KR. Haha. We drive and is for own stay. So not near a mrt is not an issue for us but will probably affect when we decide to sell or rent.

We are looking at 3br. Perhpad stack 1, 10 and 19. Any inputs?

devilplate
01-05-11, 10:14
Ya. Not near Mrt. But if it's near then it's will be as crazily priced as KR. Haha. We drive and is for own stay. So not near a mrt is not an issue for us but will probably affect when we decide to sell or rent.

in this area, any other new launches?

i noe whr u come from....1mil budget, 3bedder, relatively new.....vy tough....unless u go for older resale condos

tally
01-05-11, 10:14
Hi all,

I am looking at 2br unit for own stay. Problem is there are friends who are advising agst it as value of 99LH will drop after every 10 years. And given the dense development, there is hardly any incentive for enbloc by the developer after 20-30 years. So after buying with my hard earned CPF and commiting my next 30 years earning to pay for this, I am actually stuck with a depreciating apartment? Of course, if economy does well, the price should not drop by much, but still the risk is higher than freehold or 999LH isn't it?

Like the place as it is near my parents' house and near main road. I have seen 999 apartments in Glasgow area, the roads are narrow and a bit deserted.

A bit confused with all the different advice given by relatives and friends as well as sales pitch by different agents. Need info from fellow home seekers.

Thanks in advance.

devilplate
01-05-11, 10:16
Hi all,

I am looking at 2br unit for own stay. Problem is there are friends who are advising agst it as value of 99LH will drop after every 10 years. And given the dense development, there is hardly any incentive for enbloc by the developer after 20-30 years. So after buying with my hard earned CPF and commiting my next 30 years earning to pay for this, I am actually stuck with a depreciating apartment? Of course, if economy does well, the price should not drop by much, but still the risk is higher than freehold or 999LH isn't it?

Like the place as it is near my parents' house and near main road. I have seen 999 apartments in Glasgow area, the roads are narrow and a bit deserted.

A bit confused with all the different advice given by relatives and friends as well as sales pitch by different agents. Need info from fellow home seekers.

Thanks in advance.

dun tink too much...u r buying a new 99LH project.....so lease decay shd be of ur least concern

haven even build and u tink of enbloc??!?!?!

its not a bad idea to shift house every 5-10yrs rite?;)

vinc1281
01-05-11, 10:38
in this area, any other new launches?

i noe whr u come from....1mil budget, 3bedder, relatively new.....vy tough....unless u go for older resale condos

Our loan approval was for $1.5mil but we don't really wanna stretch ourselves that much so trying to keep to a $1mil budget. And we haven even buy from HDB b4 but what to do? That stupid income ceiling rule.

azeoprop
01-05-11, 10:39

Beacon heights LH999
http://www.beaconheights.com.sg/

and Botannia LH999
http://www.cdl.com.sg/botannia/

Both have similar basement private parking lots for some of their ground floor units. U might want to consider them. :o

chiaberry
01-05-11, 10:40

I am not v. familiar with that area. But my relative who has passed by says that Poh Huat Road is very JAMMED in the morning. I suggest you take some time off work to simulate the driving conditions to your work place during peak hours to see how it is.

vinc1281
01-05-11, 10:41
Hi all,

Need info from fellow home seekers.

Thanks in advance.

Hi tally

My wife and I are looking hard at this project too. If you are keen we can discuss at lengths and share inputs. Two heads are better than one. Hahaha

devilplate
01-05-11, 10:43
Our loan approval was for $1.5mil but we don't really wanna stretch ourselves that much so trying to keep to a $1mil budget. And we haven even buy from HDB b4 but what to do? That stupid income ceiling rule.

hf u try making an appeal to buy EC from developer?

they r more lenient on EC...give it a try bro

chiaberry
01-05-11, 10:43
dun tink too much...u r buying a new 99LH project.....so lease decay shd be of ur least concern

For brand new LH from GLS got no prospect of en bloc as they would be built to the max plot ratio. Somemore this is not in a prime location and no prospect of new MRT station being built near as far as I am aware. I think you can forget abt the en bloc angle.

vinc1281
01-05-11, 10:44

Hahaha. Have to think long term. Bit as previously mentioned not really en bloc potential due to plot ratio.

Personally I'm a stayer. Don't like to keep shifting house. Haha a lot of rubbish to bring along. Hahah

vinc1281
01-05-11, 10:45
hf u try making an appeal to buy EC from developer?

they r more lenient on EC...give it a try bro

Nah. Have an EC near my parets place called beylsa coming up in paris ris. But our dear Hdb is quite firm on income ceiling. Chances are low.

devilplate
01-05-11, 10:47
Nah. Have an EC near my parets place called beylsa coming up in paris ris. But our dear Hdb is quite firm on income ceiling. Chances are low.

ok mabe ur income r way above 10k....hehe

marginally above can always try:D

buy pasir ris la.....nice place leh....TPE,ECP,KPE,PIE.....how to have so many EEEEssss anywhr else:D

NV residence 3bedder under 1mil! duno still got anot

vinc1281
01-05-11, 10:48
For brand new LH from GLS got no prospect of en bloc as they would be built to the max plot ratio. Somemore this is not in a prime location and no prospect of new MRT station being built near as far as I am aware. I think you can forget abt the en bloc angle.

So says 99yrs has elapsed. What can happen?

1. Gahmen take back land. We get chase out.

2. Developer top up lease and tear down project to build newer ones?

azeoprop
01-05-11, 10:48
For those who are not free, you can always use google map's street view to "drive" around the area haa haa... :p
http://maps.google.com.sg/

chiaberry
01-05-11, 11:34
Fellow forumers

If you are going to stay long term, you should consider the 4-bedder. The 3-bedder seems a bit small although the layout is not bad. It seems a lot of $$$ to you now but in a few years time, when you have kids/maid etc, you will appreciate the extra space. Since your combined incomes are not bad, I think over long term should buy a bigger place. I agree being close to Rosyth is a good move for the future when you have kids. If poss, try for a unit not facing the main road (noisy).

Once your first kid is registered in Rosyth, you can consider to move out to a better location (finances permitting) nearer to the transport so that you don't have to be their chauffeur when they are in secondary sch.

hyenergix
01-05-11, 11:34
So says 99yrs has elapsed. What can happen?

1. Gahmen take back land. We get chase out.

2. Developer top up lease and tear down project to build newer ones?

It's hard for me to imagine a condo can last for more than 50 years here and still retain its glory and liveable conditions.

Since within this few years there are so many 99LH condos launched, the owners will probably end up fighting with other 99LH condo owners for developers to enbloc their estates in 30-40 years' time.

Only time will tell if they can make $ or breakeven...

wacko
01-05-11, 18:31
point 12 is funny... especially with full condo facilities.

kingkong1984
01-05-11, 22:26
Hahhaha. Interesting.

Coz your belief is in stark contrast to your signature below your nick.

"go for smallest unit?"

But yes for terrase the 3Br is abit small. But also translate to a more affordable quatum. :p
Smallest 1bedder
Smallest 2 bedder
Smallest 3 bedder
Smallest 4 bedder
Smallest penthouses.

Same size but masterbed room must be big, then living room.

kingkong1984
01-05-11, 22:37
if buying for own stay whereby u nid 2 car lots and u dunwan to fight wif others for car lots every nite.....its worth it to pay for a personalised car lot;)

$$ is well spent as long it makes u happy;)

jus like when we do charity by calling NKF ? do we really feel happy?

i feel alot happier by donating to the old and handicapped i saw on the streets;) :D
Ur logic makes no sense, it's free for all and why should u pay in the psf? Maybe developer can quantify each lot and sell individually which I can accept, with preference given to adjacent unit owners.

Penthouse dun have that 2 lots assigned and ur logic if true, then these are better than penthouses which I doubt so.

devilplate
01-05-11, 22:56
Ur logic makes no sense, it's free for all and why should u pay in the psf? Maybe developer can quantify each lot and sell individually which I can accept, with preference given to adjacent unit owners.

Penthouse dun have that 2 lots assigned and ur logic if true, then these are better than penthouses which I doubt so.

??

u got designated car lots just outside ur main door.....whereas others goto fight for choiced lots.....some will claim tat a certain particular lot is theirs.....i hf seen vandalism on other's car jus bcoz others park at their so called designated lot:doh:

if u dun own a car ....den definitely doesnt make sense for u to buy such units wif car lots lah....its cater for specific type of buyers....tats y only limited such units

y we nid to argue over such matter in the first plc...LOL

developer build 1,2,3,4 bedders...some wif big patio.....PH wif big roof terrace....

single will say y buy big units....waste $.....

some say y buy ground flr wif patio? for ppl to throw rubbish on ur patio?
some say y buy PH wif roof terrace? waste $$....suntan upstairs meh?:D

kingkong1984
01-05-11, 23:09
Ok ok.. Dun intend to argue with u. I agree that it is good. Just that developer should exclude it from sqf area and charge a area marking fee to designate it as your pte use. Better?

devilplate
01-05-11, 23:12
Ok ok.. Dun intend to argue with u. I agree that it is good. Just that developer should exclude it from sqf area and charge a area marking fee to designate it as your pte use. Better?

the px will den be priced higher den other similar sized units too....;)

kingkong1984
01-05-11, 23:32
the px will den be priced higher den other similar sized units too....;)
How's the demand for such units? The quantum is within terraces?

Who wants to stay beside car park lots or err.... I live at the basement car park level room... Sounds good?

They should keep the car park lots and move the room up and expand the living room at least.

devilplate
02-05-11, 00:58
How's the demand for such units? The quantum is within terraces?

Who wants to stay beside car park lots or err.... I live at the basement car park level room... Sounds good?

They should keep the car park lots and move the room up and expand the living room at least.

its smthing like some of the clustered housing lor....not sure hows the total quantum and psf wud be like.....lets see how the developer gona priced it and den we see whether worth it anot;)

Regulators
02-05-11, 01:33
frankly i can't even be bothered with all the new launches today. All future priced and not much incentive to buy now. I would rather buy something i can rent out and collect money now

vinc1281
02-05-11, 11:42
frankly i can't even be bothered with all the new launches today. All future priced and not much incentive to buy now. I would rather buy something i can rent out and collect money now

True. From an investor point of view.

But there are people like me who buy for own stay so inputs from valued forumers will be greatly appreciated.

devilplate
02-05-11, 11:44

But there are people like me who buy for own stay so inputs from valued forumers will be greatly appreciated.

bro, wat u tink of NV residence?

i tink still got 3+study facing pool which will be minimally affected by future construction:D

amk
02-05-11, 13:25

Why u dun want to consider minton ?

devilplate
02-05-11, 13:27

2bedder at minton oredi ard 900k

hyenergix
02-05-11, 16:46
Something is very wrong with these 99LH psf pricing in suburb projects nowadays. These psf are those of central places like Newton a few years ago for FH projects. I think we are trapped in a bubble that the government fears to burst.

devilplate
02-05-11, 16:47
Something is very wrong with these 99LH psf pricing in suburb projects nowadays. These psf are those of central places like Newton a few years ago for FH projects. I think we are trapped in a bubble that the government fears to burst.

not yet....quantum still low

wait till they cant shrink the size anymore and psf continues to hit new high.....tat will be the time to RUN:D

hyenergix
02-05-11, 17:13
It's a bit risky to enter the residential property market now, unless your pocket is deep and your investment time horizon is long.

chiaberry
02-05-11, 20:21

I agree. But people are buying still. The bubble will burst one day, problem is nobody knows when......I think the lowering of LTV for property loans signals the Govt are putting into place measures to reduce the turmoil if/when the bubble bursts. It also protects the banks from taking excessive risks on loans. So investors need to be careful. The risk of the banks is reduced with the CM but the risks to investors is still very real for those who start investing now and have to put down a lot of hard cash for the downpayment. Remember your cash is locked up and not so easy to liquidate this asset (property) if suddenly there is a down turn or you need money for other purposes.

amk
02-05-11, 21:42
not yet....quantum still low

wait till they cant shrink the size anymore and psf continues to hit new high.....tat will be the time to RUN:D

I ran already ;)
Follow Qwek : "sell on the way up"

fclim
03-05-11, 15:20
I agree. But people are buying still. The bubble will burst one day, problem is nobody knows when......I think the lowering of LTV for property loans signals the Govt are putting into place measures to reduce the turmoil if/when the bubble bursts. It also protects the banks from taking excessive risks on loans. So investors need to be careful. The risk of the banks is reduced with the CM but the risks to investors is still very real for those who start investing now and have to put down a lot of hard cash for the downpayment. Remember your cash is locked up and not so easy to liquidate this asset (property) if suddenly there is a down turn or you need money for other purposes.

LTV is already 40%. Property prices will have to drop by more than 40% for negative equity to happen and bubble to burst. With such a drop, all properties will be affected, not just those bought today. This is because the psychological impact will be just too great and will consequently affect existing properties like a domino effect. No way a brand new condo drop to $1M and existing 20 year old condo still remains at $800K. And yes, HDB prices will drop too.

amk
03-05-11, 16:08
LTV is already 40%

LTV 60% lah

moomooteo
03-05-11, 18:37
LTV 60% lah

Even LTV at 60%, it will require a drop of more than 40% to get negative equity. Such scenerio is unlikely and when this happens, ALL person holding ANY property will be badly affected.

fclim
04-05-11, 09:21
LTV 60% lah

"I stand corrected". HaHa. Thanks for pointing it out. Confused with so many changes.

devilplate
04-05-11, 12:41
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3947905/for-sale-terrasse

the 538sqft 1bedder layout very nice.....

the only thing its not attached toilet....those dual access is better

vinc1281
04-05-11, 15:37

Did went down to Minton recently. But 1000+ units?!

The area is big with many facilities but the 3BR (though bigger than Terrasse, abt 1200sf) costs about $1.1mil. Facilities is nice but no pull factor for me. Just another BIG caged up communities with swimming pools. No distinct theme.

Anyway with Mr. Mah announced that they will do a review of income ceiling and might consider to push HDB income ceiling to $10k. So hopefully EC can be push to $12k.

Then I might consider buying EC. Must start low. Cannot first house jump right into private. to me its dangerous. :D

vinc1281
04-05-11, 15:40
bro, wat u tink of NV residence?

i tink still got 3+study facing pool which will be minimally affected by future construction:D

I actually quite like NV Residences. There was a 13floor unit, slightly less than $1mil with 270 degrees unblock view! Walking distance to Whitesands and MRT.

But............

My wife dont like! :tsk-tsk: So no Deal! hahahhahah she says she dont like the ideas of extra storage space under the floor. Though that was a selling point of NV.

Search me. But since I'm buying the place for her, she must like the project coz she is my priority ma. :D

vinc1281
04-05-11, 15:42
If you are going to stay long term, you should consider the 4-bedder. The 3-bedder seems a bit small although the layout is not bad. It seems a lot of $$$ to you now but in a few years time, when you have kids/maid etc, you will appreciate the extra space. Since your combined incomes are not bad, I think over long term should buy a bigger place. I agree being close to Rosyth is a good move for the future when you have kids. If poss, try for a unit not facing the main road (noisy).

Once your first kid is registered in Rosyth, you can consider to move out to a better location (finances permitting) nearer to the transport so that you don't have to be their chauffeur when they are in secondary sch.

Sigh! My FIL said the door must face EAST! Good for me.

But with most of Terrasse facing N/S, abit tough to find east facing door..?!

Still thinking la. Especially after they announced reviewing income ceiling. Might just buy an EC instead of a private condo. :D

hyenergix
10-05-11, 13:07
If they raise the ceiling for BTO and EC, then I think 99LH mass market condos got no chance to appreciate for the next 5 years.

propnexlaunches
10-05-11, 17:33
COllection of Interest has already started!!!!

Please visit my website @ propnexlaunches.com/newlaunches/terrasse/ for more information and e-brochure download!

kingkong1984
10-05-11, 18:32
If they raise the ceiling for BTO and EC, then I think 99LH mass market condos got no chance to appreciate for the next 5 years.

spot on... not to forget more BTO and EC's and also less inflow of foreign workers.

Max celing $20k, so the raise will be anywhere between $10k to $20k and a ideal one will be $15k (Mid Point).

I am not attempting to talk down market, just giving an honest opinion.

devilplate
10-05-11, 19:10
After raise ceiling, developer can priced higher for dbss/ec:hell-hath-no-fury:

ysyap
10-05-11, 21:13
spot on... not to forget more BTO and EC's and also less inflow of foreign workers.

Max celing $20k, so the raise will be anywhere between $10k to $20k and a ideal one will be $15k (Mid Point).

I am not attempting to talk down market, just giving an honest opinion.$15k is way too much lah... Govt, namely MBT will not slap himself. At $15k, it basically covers more than 70% (estimate) of all potential home buyers who'll then qualify for HDB. Remaining 30% will share remaining houses from HDB resale, new and resale condos plus landed and of course the ECs. With a record number of EC launched in 2011, take up rate will then be severely affected and so EC will be deemed a failed project. How to face the music from PM? Stand and bua gu you. :spliff: He not stupid lah... At most raised to $10k. My personal feel is the ceiling will stay but he'll introd many measures and housing grants and rebates to make HDB and ECs affordable to those who are struggling with these constraints. Just my speculation... :D

ysyap
10-05-11, 21:15
Btw, saw full house at Terrasse showflat on Sat morning. When Singaporeans were going to the polls, many were flocking to this showflat too. Hmmm... LH still appeals and it will be these figures that might potentially push for CM5. :doh:

kingkong1984
10-05-11, 21:23
$15k is way too much lah... Govt, namely MBT will not slap himself. At $15k, it basically covers more than 70% (estimate) of all potential home buyers who'll then qualify for HDB. Remaining 30% will share remaining houses from HDB resale, new and resale condos plus landed and of course the ECs. With a record number of EC launched in 2011, take up rate will then be severely affected and so EC will be deemed a failed project. How to face the music from PM? Stand and bua gu you. :spliff: He not stupid lah... At most raised to $10k. My personal feel is the ceiling will stay but he'll introd many measures and housing grants and rebates to make HDB and ECs affordable to those who are struggling with these constraints. Just my speculation... :D
We should play a game of guessing here.

When they came up with 8k, what was the median income per household then?

Compare it with current level and regularise it. 12k more likely as currently already 10k right? Same with EC Liao?

devilplate
10-05-11, 22:01
We should play a game of guessing here.

When they came up with 8k, what was the median income per household then?

Compare it with current level and regularise it. 12k more likely as currently already 10k right? Same with EC Liao?
Dbss/ec 10k
Hdb bto 8k

wrxtan80
10-05-11, 23:54
For RT la:D

point 12 is funny... especially with full condo facilities.

ysyap
11-05-11, 15:46
point 12 is funny... especially with full condo facilities.Its more like 15 mins walk... :D

ysyap
11-05-11, 15:50
Dbss/ec 10k
Hdb bto 8kAgreed and maybe will have more financial aid and rebates like reno rebates, etc for EC @ $10k. :o Just my guess...

wacko
11-05-11, 21:02
Its more like 15 mins walk... :Dwell, what amused me was that they are advertising easy access to public recreational facilities, when the whole point of full facility condo is to have their own recreational facilities.

12-05-11, 13:24
subtle way of saying insufficent facilities ???

well, what amused me was that they are advertising easy access to public recreational facilities, when the whole point of full facility condo is to have their own recreational facilities.

ysyap
12-05-11, 13:47
well, what amused me was that they are advertising easy access to public recreational facilities, when the whole point of full facility condo is to have their own recreational facilities.They are just being nice... in case the gym equipments are spoilt and the pool is under renovation, there are always nearby (Near???) options available. :doh:

wacko
14-05-11, 00:30
subtle way of saying insufficent facilities ???

does sound ironic doesn't it? it's kind of like going to a restaurant, and on the first page of the menu it states "The roast duck is delicious, BUT we don't have it, you have to go to the next door restaurant."

fclim
14-05-11, 11:54
It's more like "Our duck is delicious, but the one next door is better".

devilplate
14-05-11, 12:06
It's more like "Our duck is delicious, but the one next door is better".
Yeah....anyway condo gym can nvr be as well equiped n big as those commercial gyms.....condo pool can nvr be as good as public pool due to depth

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 12:08
Yeah....anyway condo gym can nvr be as well equiped n big as those commercial gyms.....condo pool can nvr be as good as public pool due to depth

the vegetables not fresh.

outside got more variety.

DC33_2008
14-05-11, 13:07
Preview at serangoon community club tomorrow. Are they trying to hid something?
the vegetables not fresh.

outside got more variety.

mantrix
14-05-11, 13:25

I have seen some older condos...their pools 1.5 -1.8m deep and 50m long...some lagi older ones have lanes as well...even better than public pool...

devilplate
14-05-11, 13:36
I have seen some older condos...their pools 1.5 -1.8m deep and 50m long...some lagi older ones have lanes as well...even better than public pool...
Tats nice....care to share the project names?:D

wacko
14-05-11, 20:56
Tats nice....care to share the project names?:D
Braddell View is one.

devon_wh
21-05-11, 22:16
How's the response for today preview? :cheers6:

devon_wh
21-05-11, 22:17
What's the selling like for today preview?

curio
22-05-11, 12:12
How's the response for today preview? :cheers6:

Seems to sell like hot cakes! Wait for newspaper report

hyenergix
22-05-11, 20:50
Very crowded showflat. As of this afternoon, abt 60% phase 1 sold, n some phase 2 pre sold. Psf abt $1000.

fclim
23-05-11, 10:14
No MRT, No views, low rise devt., 99 yr LH. $1,000 psf. Wow!:scared-1:

mantrix
23-05-11, 10:18
No MRT, No views, low rise devt., 99 yr LH. $1,000 psf. Wow!:scared-1:

one word - Rosyth

fclim
23-05-11, 10:28
Like that, Regentville should be hot. Somemore opposite amenities.

devilplate
23-05-11, 10:29
Like that, Regentville should be hot. Somemore opposite amenities.

another word NEW

ysyap
23-05-11, 10:32
Such non-conventional and even strange buyings are directly responsible for policy makers to think harder... :doh:

hyenergix
23-05-11, 10:38
The facilities and design are outstanding for this project. But the interior finishing is only so-so, you have homogeneous tiles for living room and laminate flooring for bedrooms. Maintenance is $270 for 2-bedders. But it is the overall packing and vicinity to Rosyth.

If it is not 99LH, I will definitely give a cheque immediately (I almost :p ).

fclim
23-05-11, 10:46
Within 1 km, also must ballot for Rosyth. No guarantee of a place. Well, good luck to buyers then since will be competing with those from HDBs around Rosyth including many PRs.

ysyap
23-05-11, 10:47
The facilities and design are outstanding for this project. But the interior finishing is only so-so, you have homogeneous tiles for living room and laminate flooring for bedrooms. Maintenance is $270 for 2-bedders. But it is the overall packing and vicinity to Rosyth.

If it is not 99LH, I will definitely give a cheque immediately (I almost :p ).I personally don't like laminate flooring coz of the hollow sound it makes when one steps on it... then at night when everybody is sleeping, it's super loud... just my preference... :spliff:

ysyap
23-05-11, 10:48
Within 1 km, also must ballot for Rosyth. No guarantee of a place. Well, good luck to buyers then since will be competing with those from HDBs around Rosyth including many PRs.No need to ballot.... u need relationship and all vacancies will be taken up in Phase 2A... check it out in kiasuparents.com :spliff:

fclim
23-05-11, 11:00
Got. Last year 56 out of 163 applicants were successful in Phase 2C balloting. http://www.rosyth.moe.edu.sg/cos/o.x?c=/wbn/pagetree&func=view&rid=78756

ysyap
23-05-11, 11:02
Got. Last year 56 out of 163 applicants were successful in Phase 2C balloting. http://www.rosyth.moe.edu.sg/cos/o.x?c=/wbn/pagetree&func=view&rid=78756For 56 places, all the best to those who are applying.... :scared-4:

bargain hunter
23-05-11, 12:06
so how many have been sold in the past weekend? 150?

solsys
23-05-11, 15:15
This project leveraging on the landed residential enclave near Rosyth school.

I wonder how Fontaine Parry is doing, it was slow moving back then, i still remember maintenance fee very expensive with the river theme.

Anyone knows how much is the maintenance for Terrasse?

hyenergix
23-05-11, 15:27
I recall it was doing quite well. Even the nearby Waterline is doing well too. Maintenance is about $270 for 2 bedder at Terrasse, it will go up slightly if the feeder bus FOC for 1st year is to be continued.

moomooteo
23-05-11, 23:18
This project leveraging on the landed residential enclave near Rosyth school.

I wonder how Fontaine Parry is doing, it was slow moving back then, i still remember maintenance fee very expensive with the river theme.

Anyone knows how much is the maintenance for Terrasse?

Fontaine parry is completely solded. Only Waterline is not doing that well, considering it is selling for over a year and still not sold out. But i think it is due to the price and the size of the project. Too small and too high. For to pay at Waterline price, I will rather get Fontaine and it is cheaper and immediate.

But Terrasse is really nicely landscaped, with the river flowing down concept. It uses the sloping land and create the differential height and landscape.
The concept of the firefly creek is novel. I am also attracted by the packaging of this condo, but on further thoughts, decided against it. The firefly thing is nice, but the novelty will wear off. It is not useful. And the frontage of a lot of units is small, and I guess it will be dark inside. And lastly, looking at the distance between opposite blks, it is short. And the price is crazy as I am looking at the PES units for the 4bdrm. BTW, alot of 4bdrms are sold. Not much choice left.

This shows that the investors have sidelined and the buyer nowadays are real demand. They are buying to stay.

jezz
23-05-11, 23:48
I recall it was doing quite well. Even the nearby Waterline is doing well too. Maintenance is about $270 for 2 bedder at Terrasse, it will go up slightly if the feeder bus FOC for 1st year is to be continued.

price is too high...rather go for minton cheaper:scared-2:

Kenshinto80
24-05-11, 03:07
Hmmm....thought one of the agent posted priced to sell at 900psf to 950psf....but now I am reading average pricing of 1000psf? So expensive...

Probably go down take a look this upcoming weekend.

Regulators
24-05-11, 04:26
new launches in good locations all holding back first, all these lousy projects in lousy locations will help to create momentum for the high prices of condos in better locations :doh: :doh: :doh:

ysyap
24-05-11, 06:43
Yup, more than 3 projects I know have risen their prices this year, even after the latest CM. What does that spell?
Take up rate for Terrasse is terrific. What does it spell?
The latest inflation report noted that house prices are still climbing upwards. What does it spell?
The number of units sold in April is approaching the 2000 units, some way more than March's figures. What does it spell?
KBW must know his spelling well.:sleep:

Komo
24-05-11, 06:54
Some people waiting while some rushing to get that unit before the next CM?

hyenergix
24-05-11, 06:58
Fontaine parry is completely solded. Only Waterline is not doing that well, considering it is selling for over a year and still not sold out. But i think it is due to the price and the size of the project. Too small and too high. For to pay at Waterline price, I will rather get Fontaine and it is cheaper and immediate.

But Terrasse is really nicely landscaped, with the river flowing down concept. It uses the sloping land and create the differential height and landscape.
The concept of the firefly creek is novel. I am also attracted by the packaging of this condo, but on further thoughts, decided against it. The firefly thing is nice, but the novelty will wear off. It is not useful. And the frontage of a lot of units is small, and I guess it will be dark inside. And lastly, looking at the distance between opposite blks, it is short. And the price is crazy as I am looking at the PES units for the 4bdrm. BTW, alot of 4bdrms are sold. Not much choice left.

This shows that the investors have sidelined and the buyer nowadays are real demand. They are buying to stay.

For the psf and overall quantum, Waterline is doing well. I recall it was about about 70% sold when I visited its showflat 2 months ago. The developer has turned in profit and can lelong.

bargain hunter
24-05-11, 08:53
ENCOURAGING home sales continued over the weekend with MCL Land's Terrasse in Hougang finding buyers for more than 150 apartments.
The homes at the 414-unit project in Hougang Avenue 2, whose preview started on Saturday, were sold at an average price of $950 per sq ft (psf).
The 99-year leasehold project has homes ranging from 506 sq ft one-bedders to five-bedroom penthouses of about 2,210 sq ft. Ground-level garden duplexes have yet to be released.
The Straits Times understands that a one-bedder will start from $580,000 while a five-bedroom penthouse will start from $1.85 million.
All unit types received even interest, with 90 per cent of the buyers locals and permanent residents. The rest were foreigners from countries including Malaysia and China.

ysyap
24-05-11, 09:17
It is simply astounding how Singaporeans go shopping! :doh: GSS is coming so more shopping up ahead??? :confused:

ysyap
24-05-11, 09:41
Currently, the 3 new launches that are strong in D19 are Minton, Terrasse and Space@ Kovan. While I subtly believe Terrasse is doing very well, I wonder which is doing the worse. :D Space appeals to a slightly different group of buyers so I think it might well qualify as the weakest among these 3 big players. Because of the promising new launch in Terrasse for May, housing figures might set new record for 2011... :p

Montaigne
24-05-11, 09:50
only sold 150 considered good meh? I am still waiting for price to drop.

hyenergix
24-05-11, 09:51
Space @ Kovan was almost fully sold within a few weeks.

hyenergix
24-05-11, 09:52
only sold 150 considered good meh? I am still waiting for price to drop. new minister = new hope:D

It's about 1/3 sold within a few days of VVIP and VIP preview. Even the phase 2 that are not released officially with less discount but with good facing have quite a number of sales.

Montaigne
24-05-11, 09:56
new minister = new hope:D My requirement: freehold, within 700km to MRT, brand new, D19, not more than 1k psf for 2 or 3 bedders with min size 800 and 1000 respectively. very reasonable right and definitely achievable in the next few months right?

ysyap
24-05-11, 09:58
Space @ Kovan was almost fully sold within a few weeks.So is it fully sold now or still having that remnant floating in the market? Its been nearly 4 or 5 months already. Not hearing alot about it in recent weeks though!!!

ysyap
24-05-11, 10:00
new minister = new hope:D My requirement: freehold, within 700km to MRT, brand new, D19, not more than 1k psf for 2 or 3 bedders with min size 800 and 1000 respectively. very reasonable right and definitely achievable in the next few months right?Well your requirements is achievable now... no need to wait few months. At 700km from MRT, you can even buy bungalows in KL or JB with good lands... :p

Montaigne
24-05-11, 10:04
Well your requirements is achievable now... no need to wait few months. At 700km from MRT, you can even buy bungalows in KL or JB with good lands... :p

Now where got? I want D19! new as in less than 3-5 yrs. if got new launch even better. opps typo la, its 700m hahaha

ysyap
24-05-11, 10:18
If talking about new launches near MRT in D19, only a few options to consider.
1. Kovan Residence (Expected TOP in Sept 2011). Can find subsale below $1000 psf but only for larger units. Size of 3 bedders all much more than 1000 sq ft. Just outside MRT. But not FH.
2. Scala (TOP still long time maybe 2013). Cannot match your below $1000 psf so waiting eager for KBW to act? Just outside MRT. But not FH.
3. Urban Residence (TOP about 2013). Cannot match your below $1000 psf. Now about $1100+ psf so waiting for KBW to act? Also maybe slightly further than 700m from MRT. This is FH.
4. The Vue (TOP about 2014). At $1300+ psf, it is way off your below $1000psf so no point waiting for KBW to act. It is within 1km from Bartley MRT. This is FH.
5. La Dolce Vita (TOP in 2012). Cannot match your below $1000 psf but hovering at about $1100 psf so can wait for KBW to act. It is within 700m from Bartley MRT. This is FH.
6. 57@Kovan (TOP in 2012). At $1200+ psf, its way off your below $1000psf so no point waiting for KBW to act. It is within 1km from Kovan MRT and size are all above 1000 sq ft for 3bedders so also don't fit your requirements.

So according to my analysis, no units meet all your requirements but the one that are closest are Kovan Residence (NOT FH) and La Dolce Vita (Not small area - typically about !300+ sq ft for 3 bedders) (think all 2 bedders sold out le). That is to the best of my knowledge. :D

Less than 5 years condo also not many in market so how?
1. Kovana (about 3 years old) but most units are bigger than 1000 sq ft asking at slightly above $1000 psf but sure can negotiate. Its FH.
2. Kovan Melody (5 years old le) and most 3 bedders are above 1000 sq ft. Price can just meet $1000 psf if negotiate aggressively. Its not FH.

bargain hunter
24-05-11, 10:36
MCL Land has sold 150 of the 200 units it has released at its 414-unit Terrasse condo in Hougang.
'Before we began sales last Saturday (May 21), we had intended to release only 120 units initially. But because demand was strong, we released another 80,' said MCL chief executive Koh Teck Chuan. The average price for the 99-year leasehold, five-storey development is $950 psf. The cheapest unit in the project costs $580,000 for a 506 sq ft one-bedroom unit on the second floor, which works out to $1,146 psf.
The development also has two to four bedders as well as nine five-bedroom penthouses of about 2,217 sq ft each costing up to $1.85 million ($834 psf). MCL has released four of the five-bedroom penthouses, of which two have been sold. The developer has yet to release 15 garden duplex units of about 2,490 sq ft each spread over the ground and basement levels.
'At most recent launches in the market, enquiries tend to be concentrated on the smallest units, but for Terrasse, we've seen strong response across the board, including our four-bedders and five-bedroom penthouses,' said Mr Koh.

About 90 per cent of Terrasse buyers are Singaporeans and permanent residents. Sixty per cent of buyers have HDB addresses, many of them within three to five kilometres of the project.
The project's design affords views of either a water feature or swimming pool for nearly 80 per cent of the units.
The project will include a tennis court, a multipurpose court as well as three clubhouses.

azeoprop
24-05-11, 10:48
most probably the buyers are from kiasuparents.com haa haa... :p

bargain hunter
24-05-11, 11:30
i still dun feel it is rational to buy within 1km of a school which requires balloting. :ashamed1:

most probably the buyers are from kiasuparents.com haa haa... :p

mr funny
24-05-11, 11:37
http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/Story/STIStory_671924.html

May 24, 2011

More than 150 units of Terrasse condo sold

By Esther Teo, Property Reporter

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20110523/ST_IMAGES_ETSALES24.jpg

ENCOURAGING home sales continued over the weekend with MCL Land's Terrasse in Hougang finding buyers for more than 150 apartments.

The homes at the 414-unit project in Hougang Avenue 2, whose preview started on Saturday, were sold at an average price of $950 per sq ft (psf).

The 99-year leasehold project has homes ranging from 506 sq ft one-bedders to five-bedroom penthouses of about 2,210 sq ft. Ground-level garden duplexes have yet to be released.

The Straits Times understands that a one-bedder will start from $580,000 while a five-bedroom penthouse will start from $1.85 million.

All unit types received even interest, with 90 per cent of the buyers locals and permanent residents. The rest were foreigners from countries including Malaysia and China.

Far East Organization also saw 30 units across its properties snapped up by home buyers last week, excluding sales at Eight Courtyards in Yishun.

Its Waterfront collection in Bedok Reservoir - Waterfront Isle, Waterfront Key and Waterfront Gold - sold 15 units in total while The Greenwood and Suncottages sold two units each.

Woodhaven in Woodlands and Seastrand in Pasir Ris will start sales in the first and second half of next month respectively, The Straits Times understands. Online marketing material suggests Seastrand prices will start from $850 psf. Woodhaven's average price will range from $900 to $1,000 psf. These prices do not factor in any possible early bird preview discounts.

On the public housing front, this year's first executive condo launch, Belysa in Pasir Ris, had attracted 520 e-applications as of 8.30pm yesterday. This is about 1.7 times the number of units in the 315-unit project at the junction of Pasir Ris Drive 1 and Elias Road, which experts say is a healthy figure.

Belysa - illumination in Swedish - will offer only three- and four-bedroom apartments to cater to three-generational living. Priced at an average of $670 psf, the indicative price of an 829 sq ft three-bedder starts from $574,000 while a 1,335 sq ft four-bedder starts from $882,000. Sales bookings for units will start tomorrow.

Experts say buying interest is still healthy for projects that are reasonably priced and in a good location.

PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail said buyers have begun to accept that prices - especially in mature estates, even in suburban areas - can be about $1,000 psf. 'This demand is coming from owner-occupiers and mid- to long-term investors... There is also a good number of HDB upgraders in the market,' he added.

hyenergix
24-05-11, 11:40
So is it fully sold now or still having that remnant floating in the market? Its been nearly 4 or 5 months already. Not hearing alot about it in recent weeks though!!!
It is fully sold within 1 mth of VVIP launch.

ysyap
24-05-11, 11:55
It is fully sold within 1 mth of VVIP launch.Nice to hear that... just further proves that Singaporeans are super resilient to economic twists and turns... :D I gave this project a miss coz of the fact that kitchen has no windows... oops! But the penthouse swimming pools look really inviting... :o

Montaigne
24-05-11, 13:27
If talking about new launches near MRT in D19, only a few options to consider.
1. Kovan Residence (Expected TOP in Sept 2011). Can find subsale below $1000 psf but only for larger units. Size of 3 bedders all much more than 1000 sq ft. Just outside MRT. But not FH.
2. Scala (TOP still long time maybe 2013). Cannot match your below $1000 psf so waiting eager for KBW to act? Just outside MRT. But not FH.
3. Urban Residence (TOP about 2013). Cannot match your below $1000 psf. Now about $1100+ psf so waiting for KBW to act? Also maybe slightly further than 700m from MRT. This is FH.
4. The Vue (TOP about 2014). At $1300+ psf, it is way off your below $1000psf so no point waiting for KBW to act. It is within 1km from Bartley MRT. This is FH.
5. La Dolce Vita (TOP in 2012). Cannot match your below $1000 psf but hovering at about $1100 psf so can wait for KBW to act. It is within 700m from Bartley MRT. This is FH.
6. 57@Kovan (TOP in 2012). At $1200+ psf, its way off your below $1000psf so no point waiting for KBW to act. It is within 1km from Kovan MRT and size are all above 1000 sq ft for 3bedders so also don't fit your requirements.

So according to my analysis, no units meet all your requirements but the one that are closest are Kovan Residence (NOT FH) and La Dolce Vita (Not small area - typically about !300+ sq ft for 3 bedders) (think all 2 bedders sold out le). That is to the best of my knowledge. :D

Less than 5 years condo also not many in market so how?
1. Kovana (about 3 years old) but most units are bigger than 1000 sq ft asking at slightly above $1000 psf but sure can negotiate. Its FH.
2. Kovan Melody (5 years old le) and most 3 bedders are above 1000 sq ft. Price can just meet $1000 psf if negotiate aggressively. Its not FH.

Are you an agent? Impressive! La Dolce Vita is under my consideration. what abt Glasgow, 813 sanctuary, Primo residences, d pavilon subsales? any chance or no chance? Fat hope?

ysyap
24-05-11, 14:12
Are you an agent? Impressive! La Dolce Vita is under my consideration. what abt Glasgow, 813 sanctuary, Primo residences, d pavilon subsales? any chance or no chance? Fat hope?Hahaha!!! I'm no agent... Just a regular buyer... did my homework over last 2 yrs and actually bought 2 units le... well,

Glasgow is certainly in no man's land so also not under your consideration.

813 sanctuary is just like 57@Kovan with high psf, also above $1000psf but generally smaller units. Think only 1 bedder and 2 bedders. Only 57@Kovan has 3 bedders but 813 sanctuary has pool but not for 57@ Kovan.

Primo Residences also in no man's land although slightly nearer to civilization than Glasgow so don't think will fit either. More than 700m from Kovan MRT. Its 999 years.

D Pavilion is actually very attractive. All units sold (think even the remaining 2 penthouses) but prices are definitely higher than your asking. Made an offer but rejected coz developers then had great holding power (MCL). Now TOP le so no subsale, just resale and prices have shot through the roof. My comments for this unit is the front stacks are simply too close to Upper Serangoon Road so can get quite noisy unless use aircon when sleeping. The back units facing the green pasture is really good but has a bit of afternoon sun. :D. Then again D Pavilion is slightly more than 700m from both Serangoon and Kovan MRT.

As I said, for new launches, Kovan Residence and La Dolce Vita both have the best fit for your requirements. For non new launches, Kovana should offer the best fit le... Well if you need reference for agent for LDV, I can help. Again I'm no agent just a regular buyer. :D

All the best in your scouting...

Montaigne
24-05-11, 14:24
Hahaha!!! I'm no agent... Just a regular buyer... did my homework over last 2 yrs and actually bought 2 units le... well,

Glasgow is certainly in no man's land so also not under your consideration.

All the best in your scouting...

Sorry for my ignorance, what is no man's land?

ysyap
24-05-11, 14:28
Sorry for my ignorance, what is no man's land?Sorry... I meant places which are pretty inaccessible from either bus or MRT. Glasgow is certain there. Primo is slightly better with available buses. :o

Montaigne
24-05-11, 15:31
Sorry... I meant places which are pretty inaccessible from either bus or MRT. Glasgow is certain there. Primo is slightly better with available buses. :o

Agent told me Primo is FH and less than 700m from MRT and shelthered walk all the way. Have not seen the location yet but this is one of her recommendations. I rejected because price above my 1kpsf budget. Glasgow is inside landed area so it is quiet, but you are right, very inaccessible:doh:

ysyap
24-05-11, 15:40
Agent told me Primo is FH and less than 700m from MRT and shelthered walk all the way. Have not seen the location yet but this is one of her recommendations. I rejected because price above my 1kpsf budget. Glasgow is inside landed area so it is quiet, but you are right, very inaccessible:doh:Well it is always wise to go down and see for yourself. Agents always say near near near but actually when I go and see, its far far far. Think 700m is direct distance (displacement). Think have to walk zig zag to Kovan MRT so in the end more than 1km. :p Yes it is currently asking at $1100+ psf. Think there is currently a fire sale... can check it out! :D

Montaigne
24-05-11, 18:44
Well it is always wise to go down and see for yourself. Agents always say near near near but actually when I go and see, its far far far. Think 700m is direct distance (displacement). Think have to walk zig zag to Kovan MRT so in the end more than 1km. :p Yes it is currently asking at $1100+ psf. Think there is currently a fire sale... can check it out! :D

wow fire sales, where did u get the info? This project worth consider?

you mean this? Worth the price? above my budget leh...
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4085768/for-sale-primo-residences

DC33_2008
24-05-11, 20:59
I will prefer Primo becos of the vicinity which is near landed and not far from mrt and kovan mall. I understand a teacher bought it when it was first launched. I think she would have not regretted if she is still holding on to it.
Agent told me Primo is FH and less than 700m from MRT and shelthered walk all the way. Have not seen the location yet but this is one of her recommendations. I rejected because price above my 1kpsf budget. Glasgow is inside landed area so it is quiet, but you are right, very inaccessible:doh:

Montaigne
24-05-11, 21:06
I will prefer Primo becos of the vicinity which is near landed and not far from mrt and kovan mall. I understand a teacher bought it when it was first launched. I think she would have not regretted if she is still holding on to it.

OIC, Terrasse and primo which is a better buy? Both about the same psf, one is new launch and the other is subsale now. I am stalking terrasse but no guts to pull the trigger.

Serendipity
24-05-11, 21:13
Ok, just let me share a bit as i got a unit in Primo and i did my homework before buying.

Yes, Primo is located near landed home on one side but on the other side, its facing HDB.
Luckily its not very near to HDB as its seperated by a small road and a small drain.

It takes abt 10 mins (shld be slightly less than 700m) to walk to Kovan MRT and able to walk directly there instead of zig-zag. As for shelter walkway, I do not think there is but the direct way is to walk underneath HDBs void decks (if u considered this shelltered walkway, haha) But you will still need to cross a road that is without shelter and u will reach the Mac there. Then its shelter again then thru the shophses.

Actually I don't feel Primo is at no man's land and i feel its quite convenient as its near to Hougang Ave 1 HDB.
There's a market just across the road which is impt for your mktg needs.
Theres a few coffee shops at the HDB blks near Primo to to satisfy your hunger pangs.
If you r looking for NTUC, nearerst one shld be the Kovan one but will prob take you 15 mins if u r walking there.

There's a park beside primo thus that side is not blocked.
Theres a direct bus after the park No. 53 if you are going to Nex but not sure hw long it will take as never try before.
I think its going by Lorong Ah Soo.

Montaigne
24-05-11, 21:31
Hi,

Glad that you've shared. My main concern about such projects would be the distance between the blocks facing each other. Both Primo and Terrasse has this problem. What I've garnered so far:

Advantages of Terrasse: Great design, good size, tennis court, nice pool plus firefly gimmick.
Disadv: 99 LH, distant from MRT, short distance between blocks facing each other.

Advantage of Primo: Freehold, beside park, nearer to Kovan Mrt and central.
Disadv: Lots of MM units in the development, no tennis court except for a small swimming pool, extremely close distance between blocks facing each other.

The deciding factor might be the price now. I wonder which one has more room for capital appreciation? Or should I wait patiently since I have already waited for so long? Price is dropping anytime.

Ok, just let me share a bit as i got a unit in Primo and i did my homework before buying.

Yes, Primo is located near landed home on one side but on the other side, its facing HDB.
Luckily its not very near to HDB as its seperated by a small road and a small drain.

It takes abt 10 mins (shld be slightly less than 700m) to walk to Kovan MRT and able to walk directly there instead of zig-zag. As for shelter walkway, I do not think there is but the direct way is to walk underneath HDBs void decks (if u considered this shelltered walkway, haha) But you will still need to cross a road that is without shelter and u will reach the Mac there. Then its shelter again then thru the shophses.

Actually I don't feel Primo is at no man's land and i feel its quite convenient as its near to Hougang Ave 1 HDB.
There's a market just across the road which is impt for your mktg needs.
Theres a few coffee shops at the HDB blks near Primo to to satisfy your hunger pangs.
If you r looking for NTUC, nearerst one shld be the Kovan one but will prob take you 15 mins if u r walking there.

There's a park beside primo thus that side is not blocked.
Theres a direct bus after the park No. 53 if you are going to Nex but not sure hw long it will take as never try before.
I think its going by Lorong Ah Soo.

sh
24-05-11, 21:40
freehold for long term capital appreciation... that's a no brainer...:cool:

hyenergix
24-05-11, 21:49
This one freehold at Kovan near MRT is also good
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4209218/for-sale-new-vvip-launch-kovan-mrt

ysyap
24-05-11, 22:01
wow fire sales, where did u get the info? This project worth consider?

you mean this? Worth the price? above my budget leh...
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4085768/for-sale-primo-residences Yes that's the one... not sure if its taken already. Do something nasty... just call the agent and let him persuade you to buy. You may dig out a lot of stuff which you might not be aware of... :spliff2: . If you ask me, I don't really fancy this place because

1. The units are slightly too small for my family of 6. Even with 3 bedrooms, its still pretty small except the penthouses!
2. The psf is a little too steep for me.
3. The drive into the development is a long one... walking might even be faster!!!

Let me balance up by adding the good points.

1. It is within walking distance to Heartland Mall although I thought it may be quite a long walk.
2. A nice park nearby to walk your dog or take your kids to after work.3. 3. Quiet environment. As I mentioned, like those units along the road in D Pavilion are really unbearable!!!

Ultimately its how comfortable you are. Is it love at first sight??? Make a trip down to look at the environment before deciding.. Personally I also won't go for Terrasee... :D. I finally decided on the project you said initially you were considering!!! :spliff:

ysyap
24-05-11, 22:08
This one freehold at Kovan near MRT is also good
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4209218/for-sale-new-vvip-launch-kovan-mrt Any idea where exactly is this place? Agent may say near MRT but their idea of near may not be universally agreed!!! It gan gan hoot $1300 psf (This is the same psf for Nin Residence at which is 3 stops nearer to city)! Personally I'm apprehensive! If at that psf, I'll gladly go for Kovan Residence.. much nearer to MRT and cheaper in psf! Just make sure you sell within next 8 years when times are good and run with the profit!!! :D

hyenergix
24-05-11, 22:15
About 400 m from MRT. Very quiet landed area. Maybe I should switch my job to property agent.

So many 99LH condos are being bought. 8 years later everybody wants to sell. Interesting.

ysyap
24-05-11, 22:30
About 400 m from MRT. Very quiet landed area. Maybe I should switch my job to property agent.

So many 99LH condos are being bought. 8 years later everybody wants to sell. Interesting.8 years is probably the longest time an owner can stretch if still want to make a decent profit!!! 400m from MRT is decent, about 5 mins stroll! Haven't seen the layout but at 580sq ft for a 2 bedders, don't think its very spacious! Some 1 bedder has larger area! :p

However, it is pretty close to many amenities so no problem there! :D

yyly1327
24-05-11, 22:36
What about the Waterline also selling at$1kpsf as compared to terrasse. Any advice?

ysyap
24-05-11, 23:04
What about the Waterline also selling at$1kpsf as compared to terrasse. Any advice?Both are very near to each other so in terms of location, about the same. I don't fancy this location. Anyway, Waterline is FH but Terrasse is LH. However, Terrasse is slightly nearer to main road so more accessible as compared with Waterline but also more noisy for some of the units as compared with Waterline! Also, think Waterline is slightly more expensive!!! Just my personal opinion! :D

solsys
24-05-11, 23:44
new launches in good locations all holding back first, all these lousy projects in lousy locations will help to create momentum for the high prices of condos in better locations :doh: :doh: :doh:

That means even higher prices to come.

Yesterday news mentioned Singapore population must continue to grow to support housing supply, more FT and rich foreigners coming in eventually.

stl67
25-05-11, 00:01
Actually glasgow is not very far from kovan mrt, just not sure what is the distance. It is located right at e top surrounded by landed place, so e view must be quite nice. I stay quite near there.

ysyap
25-05-11, 07:56
Actually glasgow is not very far from kovan mrt, just not sure what is the distance. It is located right at e top surrounded by landed place, so e view must be quite nice. I stay quite near there.Far is always relative. Some people walk 2 km every morning to work or take a bus or something and they are in the habit of taking that sort of distance so no issue. Some complain even when bus stop is 200m down the road. :doh: However, some are older folks with walking difficulties so can't make that long walk. Bottomline, you must be comfortable with that kind of distance at least for the next 10 years... :o

Montaigne
25-05-11, 09:12
Yes that's the one... not sure if its taken already. Do something nasty... just call the agent and let him persuade you to buy. You may dig out a lot of stuff which you might not be aware of... :spliff2: . If you ask me, I don't really fancy this place because

1. The units are slightly too small for my family of 6. Even with 3 bedrooms, its still pretty small except the penthouses!
2. The psf is a little too steep for me.
3. The drive into the development is a long one... walking might even be faster!!!

Let me balance up by adding the good points.

1. It is within walking distance to Heartland Mall although I thought it may be quite a long walk.
2. A nice park nearby to walk your dog or take your kids to after work.3. 3. Quiet environment. As I mentioned, like those units along the road in D Pavilion are really unbearable!!!

Ultimately its how comfortable you are. Is it love at first sight??? Make a trip down to look at the environment before deciding.. Personally I also won't go for Terrasee... :D. I finally decided on the project you said initially you were considering!!! :spliff:

So you bought La Dolce Vita? Congrats! I am still procastinating and always changing choices...

ysyap
25-05-11, 15:41
So you bought La Dolce Vita? Congrats! I am still procastinating and always changing choices...Yes!!! Must always deliberate on your choice of purchase. I took about 2 years before deciding on my purchase.

One thing I like about LDV is its still pretty much developer's sales for the remaining 30% of units and they never have any launch for this project so developer actually more willing to transfer the cost saved from launch to the buyers...I whacked close to 10% discount from the price couple of months back and the offer was accepted. Now I asked the agent and he said developer up the asking price already, like most other condos in D19. You have some say in the price, not like most other units where crowds are gathering at the showflat and prices are pretty much fixed with controlled discounts or rebates.

Another thing I like is the huge floor area. My unit close to 1500 sq ft for a 3 bedder. Very spacious. Like that feel.

I also like the drive through concept to drop off passengers which are usually absent for small projects.

There are also designated public parking lots just outside the project (about 10 lots) for visitors. Most projects do not have this.

Cannot control myself from saying why I like this place.. better stop here if not kana complain that I'm an agent disguising as a buyer!!! :D

Montaigne
25-05-11, 16:13
I am green with envy :D

Yes!!! Must always deliberate on your choice of purchase. I took about 2 years before deciding on my purchase.

One thing I like about LDV is its still pretty much developer's sales for the remaining 30% of units and they never have any launch for this project so developer actually more willing to transfer the cost saved from launch to the buyers...I whacked close to 10% discount from the price couple of months back and the offer was accepted. Now I asked the agent and he said developer up the asking price already, like most other condos in D19. You have some say in the price, not like most other units where crowds are gathering at the showflat and prices are pretty much fixed with controlled discounts or rebates.

Another thing I like is the huge floor area. My unit close to 1500 sq ft for a 3 bedder. Very spacious. Like that feel.

I also like the drive through concept to drop off passengers which are usually absent for small projects.

There are also designated public parking lots just outside the project (about 10 lots) for visitors. Most projects do not have this.

Cannot control myself from saying why I like this place.. better stop here if not kana complain that I'm an agent disguising as a buyer!!! :D

ysyap
25-05-11, 16:21
I am green with envy :DCome join me lah... :p Can be neighbours...:D If you are interested, I can give you my agent's contact then try to squeeze some goodies and big discounts... :o

DC33_2008
25-05-11, 17:00
Two years is a long time. My longest and shortest time to decide on buying my properties were 6 and 3 days respectively. I am rather fortunate that I have not regretted in making those decisions.
Yes!!! Must always deliberate on your choice of purchase. I took about 2 years before deciding on my purchase.

Montaigne
25-05-11, 17:19
Come join me lah... :p Can be neighbours...:D If you are interested, I can give you my agent's contact then try to squeeze some goodies and big discounts... :o

Last known, No more 2 bedders, only subsales.. 3 bedders abv my budget...:(

25-05-11, 17:28
I also briefly considered this project and viewed the project next door (bayou) about 1.5 yrs ago. That time called up and agent say only can view the model at their office. Also agent quoted a relatively high psf for that time, so decided to give it a miss.
Anyway congrats on your purchase.

ysyap
25-05-11, 21:59
Two years is a long time. My longest and shortest time to decide on buying my properties were 6 and 3 days respectively. I am rather fortunate that I have not regretted in making those decisions.Well done!!! You are decisive... I am not... :ashamed1: Anyway I was sitting on it for almost a year before I resumed my active search again... :p

ysyap
25-05-11, 22:07
Last known, No more 2 bedders, only subsales.. 3 bedders abv my budget...:(Think there is still a 2 bedder penthouse. Can try subsales but didn't see any in the market currently but can always check with agent. They might have the most updated one. 3 bedders are slightly big so budget might be pretty tight... I squeezed myself dry!!!

ysyap
25-05-11, 22:09
I also briefly considered this project and viewed the project next door (bayou) about 1.5 yrs ago. That time called up and agent say only can view the model at their office. Also agent quoted a relatively high psf for that time, so decided to give it a miss.
Anyway congrats on your purchase.Thank you...

sh
25-05-11, 22:10
it takes me less than a hour to make an offer after seeing the unit. But having said that... I had been bio-ing that development for months.... waiting for a unit to be available at the right price....

so this that fast or slooooowwwwww........?????:confused:

DC33_2008
25-05-11, 22:20
Bottomline: must be a good buy. Fast and sharp is important as good units usually snap up very fast.

devilplate
26-05-11, 00:49
Bottomline: must be a good buy. Fast and sharp is important as good units usually snap up very fast.
Good deals r not advertised....:(

ysyap
26-05-11, 07:23
Bottomline: must be a good buy. Fast and sharp is important as good units usually snap up very fast.Yes yes... gone are the days like the launch of 8@ Woodleigh and Clovers by the Park where choice units are literally snapped up in a matter of hours... mad rush... now at least more logic involved...:scared-4:

DC33_2008
26-05-11, 13:10
This very true. Research is needed to find those gems just like oil fields. It brings continuous flow of cash (rental) and capital gain when it is realized.
Good deals r not advertised....:(

DC33_2008
26-05-11, 13:12
Actually I do not mean new project. I meant subsale and resale.
Yes yes... gone are the days like the launch of 8@ Woodleigh and Clovers by the Park where choice units are literally snapped up in a matter of hours... mad rush... now at least more logic involved...:scared-4:

District 84483535
26-05-11, 13:27
Sold more then 155units in first 2days
Preview offer 10% +7%
hurry up Limited period. updated 26/May/2011

Terrasse @ Serangoon

Video Introduction -CLICK HERE (http://youtu.be/KgS-bRbdlPE)

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/31/79/17179713/2_219342537l.jpg
(http://youtu.be/KgS-bRbdlPE)

Dont miss the Preview Offer -Call 8448 3535

Showflat Video 01 -CLICK HERE (http://youtu.be/KzO9aAfQovg)

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/31/79/17179713/2_335532523l.jpg
(http://youtu.be/KzO9aAfQovg)

Why they keep talk about Terrasse @ Serangoon

* We receive very good response
* Located in Centralise City Fringe
* Mins away from MRT
* Well connected to major arterial roads and expressways such as CTE, KPE, and PIE
* Recreational facilities at the nearby like Hougang Stadium, Swimming Complex and Sports Hall are just 8-minutes’ walk away
* Well-established malls such as the nearby Heartland Mall and Hougang Mall
* Reputable schools located within the vicinity like Rosyth School, Xinmin Primary and Secondary Schools, Serangoon Junior College.
* Plenty of Famous Eateries in the vicinity
* Tropical River theme with exciting facilities.
* Good Potential with Capital Appreciation
* Affordable Quantum with Good Rental Yield

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/31/79/17179713/2_563724190l.jpg

Terrasse @ Serangoon is comprises of 8 blocks of 414 residential units, is designed with tropical theme providing unique facade for each block with beautiful landscaping, greenery and water features. Feeling like living in a landed home with full condo facilities.

Its theme represents organic tropical with beautiful landscaping and greenery and water features. Completely designed by architect AGA who previously designed Hillcrest Villas (Award Winning Project) and Peak @ Belmeg!

Left side (Poh Huat road side) of land will be slightly higher than right side of land approximately 10%!

4th and 5th level units will be overlooked by landed housing with unblock view!

Terrasse @ Serangoon Project Info:

Developer : MCL LAND,

Tenure : 99yrs Leasehold

Land plot size : 325,024sqft

Estimated TOP : 2014

Height : 5 storey
Total Unit: 414 units
Type of unit : 1/2/3/4 Bedroom & Penthouses 3/4/5bedroom & Penthouse 4Bedroom +Garden

Terrasse @ Serangoon provided Fully Facilities into 4 categories as below:

The Tropics- *Entrance and guard house, *Rain Tree Boulevard, *Palm courtyard, *Viewing Deck, *Serene Garden, *Outdoor Jungle Shower Point, *Sundeck, *BBQ Pavilion, *Fern valley
FIT & RUN - *Elderly Fitness Area, *Tennis Court, *Multi-Purpose Court, *Jogging Track
KIDS Zone - *Children’s Pool, *Lagoon Playscape, *Castle Playscape, *Water Wonders, *Floating Islands, *Misty Falls, *Eco Pond, *Jacuzzi, *50m Lap Pool, *Jungle Jacuzzi, *Cascading springs, *Ripple Pond

Clubhouses - *Arcadia Clubhouse, *Mirage Esplanade, *Wellness Sanctuary

Terrase @ Serangoon

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/31/79/17179713/2_881178721l.jpg

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/31/79/17179713/2_677086519l.jpg

Most Important Our Developer Sale Team 100% committed to deliver
The Service You Trust.
Register Your interest with us - get the E-brochure today and Dont Miss the Preview offer.
Contact Andy Sek T. K (CEA Reg R009833J)

PropNex Realty Pte Ltd (License No. L3008022J)

HP 8448 3535

*** We Believe You will Buy one units for your lovely family.

ysyap
26-05-11, 15:03
Sorry but I can't help to spot the glaring mistake for the last line in blue... one unit and not one units... :D

azeoprop
26-05-11, 15:13
Are there anymore large scale FH new launches in the market other than vacanza and flamingo valley?

ysyap
26-05-11, 16:00
Actually I do not mean new project. I meant subsale and resale.Ok ok.... whether subsale or resale or new launch all must act quick... good deals are scarce and difficult to find... once you find it, snatch!!! :D

SBR
26-05-11, 16:07
http://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/exclusive/mcl-land-sold-more-third-terrasse-may-21-launch

ysyap
26-05-11, 16:26
http://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/exclusive/mcl-land-sold-more-third-terrasse-may-21-launchMost buy coz of brand... its MCL...some buy coz of beautiful design, some buy coz of Rosyth .. no one buy coz of accessibility... :p Well done... D19 prices continue to climb... :spliff:

Kenshinto80
29-05-11, 07:41
Went down to see the showflat….very tempted to buy a 3 bedder. MCL Land is truly one of the top developer in Singapore. The prices for units (excluding PES type) quoted are all 968psf upwards with many hitting slightly over 1000psf. MCL shark sensed blood with the 150 units sold during the preliminary preview.
Good Points:
• Huge land size and only 414 units. The plot size is 325K sqft.
• Landscaping and facilities super impressive. 3 clubhouses. Firefly creek
• Outstanding modern exterior façade design.
• The location is actually superb for this development. Many people said not near the MRT so not good but failed to see the accessibility factor from other public transport point of view. There are also at least 3- 4 SBS bus services from Ang Mo Kio MRT to Terrasse’s side gate. Hence the sinking/dread feeling of waiting for bus to come is mitigated. On top of that, bus no 74 has high frequency. This will aid families which own only 1 car. Understand the developer will be providing private bus service….but the problem is does it include service till midnight? There is also a SBS bus service running past Ubi and going to Marine Parade Road.
• Those who drive will know that it is near the CTE at Ang Mo Kio Ave 3. Chomp Chomp also a quick drive down Yio Chu Kang Road.
• Basement parking.

Bad Points:
• Bedroom sizes very small. For Master bedroom 3 bedder and below, you will only be able to fit in a queen size bed.
• The Master bedroom built in wardrobe for 3 bedder and below are just too tiny. It will lead to family tragedy. Wife will have no space to put all her clothes and will always be in bad mood….the bad mood will be channeled to the husband.
• Tiny Kitchen. Agent claimed is big actually….
• Just could not comprehend why the wardrobe for the normal bedrooms are not those sliding nature type given the constraint of space.
• The flooring option does not go down well with the 1000psf price tag. Homogenous tiles for living and dining area. Laminated flooring for bedrooms.
• Noise pollution from the busy main road will actually make it hard for you to “escape the hectic pace of city life and discover the simple pleasures of living at Terrasse” per the brochure.
• Heavy traffic at Yio Chu Kang Road during peak hours. It is going to be a challenging feat to do a U-turn out to Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (from slip road created) to access the CTE.

The old adage applies: Buy what you like and can afford. Overall, a nice and cosy development.

hyenergix
29-05-11, 09:14
I was also very tempted to put down a cheque for a 2-bedder. I was thinking once I'm inside the built condo, I would feel like really in a resort :) But the interior is really a let-down compare to exterior...

devilplate
29-05-11, 09:49
I was also very tempted to put down a cheque for a 2-bedder. I was thinking once I'm inside the built condo, I would feel like really in a resort :) But the interior is really a let-down compare to exterior...
The ground flr 2bedder is nice particularly facing the landed.....but the 2nd bedrm so so small...masterbedrm aso vy small....living n dining rm ok size....

Developer greedy la....shd built 100sqft bigger n charge 100psf lower....den i wud hf bot one....haha

solsys
29-05-11, 10:18
Looks like mass market condo development these days are really getting better in terms of landscaping.

flagship74
29-05-11, 10:30
Looks like mass market condo development these days are really getting better in terms of landscaping.

With the upcoming cooling measures, wont it be nice to wait and see..:sleep:

DC33_2008
29-05-11, 10:53
When is it coming? After lose the race like the rabbit after sleeping too long.
With the upcoming cooling measures, wont it be nice to wait and see..:sleep:

ysyap
29-05-11, 14:17
KWB said conc on 3 groups of people as well as promising to build more to cater to potential increase in housing demand and also to review the income ceiling but nothing about cooling measure... don't think its coming. It will just further upset the balance the KBW is trying to establish with so much promises. Even if there is CM coming, it might be very specific and targetted... maybe this time at developers... who's having far too much freeplay... :p

30-05-11, 11:24
I visited the showflat last weekend and it was packed with people!!! Guess many are trying to buy buy buy before the next round of CM comes around.

Looking at the chart that the agent showed me when I first arrived, about 50% were already sold. Based on the response, I thought I would be looking at some really nice layout with decent enough fittings and finishing. But to my disappointment, the layout of the showflats there were not really that ideal. Although there isn't any bay windows, there was a lot of wasted space in the master bedroom, master bath and balcony. :p The materials for the flooring are such disappointment too! (Imagine laminates, porceleine and ceramic tilings.) :o The location is also not fantastic. No mrt nearby and only 1 good school around....

Conclusion: Not a fantastic deal at today's pricing.

devilplate
30-05-11, 11:30
I visited the showflat last weekend and it was packed with people!!! Guess many are trying to buy buy buy before the next round of CM comes around.

Looking at the chart that the agent showed me when I first arrived, about 50% were already sold. Based on the response, I thought I would be looking at some really nice layout with decent enough fittings and finishing. But to my disappointment, the layout of the showflats there were not really that ideal. Although there isn't any bay windows, there was a lot of wasted space in the master bedroom, master bath and balcony. :p The materials for the flooring are such disappointment too! (Imagine laminates, porceleine and ceramic tilings.) :o The location is also not fantastic. No mrt nearby and only 1 good school around....

Conclusion: Not a fantastic deal at today's pricing.

got 2 bus stops(plenty of buses) and got supermarket n a couple of kopi shops located at the HDBs nearby (about 5-7mins walk)....got bird n aquairum shops there:D

they nid to increase the size by 100-150sqft and reduce px by 100psf den reasonable:2cents:

mantrix
30-05-11, 11:44
got 2 bus stops(plenty of buses) and got supermarket n a couple of kopi shops located at the HDBs nearby (about 5-7mins walk)....got bird n aquairum shops there:D

they nid to increase the size by 100-150sqft and reduce px by 100psf den reasonable:2cents:

15 min walk to chomp chomp also :D

30-05-11, 11:51

I think they need to re-design some of the layout for better utilisation of space too!

30-05-11, 11:53
15 min walk to chomp chomp also :D

Huh??? Really?......You brisk walk ah????

ysyap
30-05-11, 13:25
Huh??? Really?......You brisk walk ah????15 mins to start turning into chomp chomp!!! :D I think 25 mins is more decent!!!

ysyap
30-05-11, 13:28

Conclusion: Not a fantastic deal at today's pricing.People buy coz its MCL. They forgot that interior finishings are important factors when buying a home! They thought MCL is their stamp of guarantee!!! :doh:

30-05-11, 13:57
People buy coz its MCL. They forgot that interior finishings are important factors when buying a home! They thought MCL is their stamp of guarantee!!! :doh:

I can understand if people are buying because of a reputable developer. But why can't they see the shortcomings of the layout design and materials at the showroom? :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

devon_wh
30-05-11, 14:09
I can understand if people are buying because of a reputable developer. But why can't they see the shortcomings of the layout design and materials at the showroom? :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

The buyers are simply KIASU..
Rushing into a few hundred thousands debt without thinking twice....:doh:

30-05-11, 14:57
The buyers are simply KIASU..
Rushing into a few hundred thousands debt without thinking twice....:doh:

Maybe they are cash rich and just want to prevent their $$$ from erosion by inflation???? :p

mantrix
30-05-11, 15:09
Huh??? Really?......You brisk walk ah????

is sprinting :P

Komo
30-05-11, 22:40
Material wise I think still seems quite ok. Eg the homogeneous tiles looks like higher grades (I'm not an expert though, just based on impression.) I visited 8CY then this project on same day. Can notice the contrast in quality.

solsys
30-05-11, 23:43
Homogeneous tiles easier to take care and last better than marble. Marble is porous and easily stained by all sorts of liquids if one doesn't clean in time.

Unless, one is super rich and got maid to polish now and then, seriously don't see the need for marble. I rather developer spend more on the landscaping and carpark lots.

devilplate
30-05-11, 23:48
Homogeneous tiles easier to take care and last better than marble. Marble is porous and easily stained by all sorts of liquids if one doesn't clean in time.

Unless, one is super rich and got maid to polish now and then, seriously don't see the need for marble. I rather developer spend more on the landscaping and carpark lots.
U certainly sounds like an agt

I really cant tahan agts giving lame excuses like homogeneous tiles easy to maintain n laminated flooring non scratchable:doh:

Just so lame...cut cost just say so lah...hehe:p

30-05-11, 23:50
Material wise I think still seems quite ok. Eg the homogeneous tiles looks like higher grades (I'm not an expert though, just based on impression.) I visited 8CY then this project on same day. Can notice the contrast in quality.

Komodo,

Were you told by the agent that they use homogeneous tiles? The agent who served us told us porcelain tiles and ceramic tiles.....:beats-me-man:

But I agree that homogeneous tiles require lesser care... Just that for the location and price one is paying for....... It is not worth the $$$$$;)

30-05-11, 23:52

I really cant tahan agts giving lame excuses like homogeneous tiles easy to maintain n laminated flooring non scratchable:doh:

Devilplate,

Laminates really CMI, man! But homogenuos tiles really dun scratch that easy lah... Of cos it is dirt cheap compared to marble lah....:D

devilplate
30-05-11, 23:54
Komodo,

Were you told by the agent that they use homogeneous tiles? The agent who served us told us porcelain tiles and ceramic tiles.....:beats-me-man:

But I agree that homogeneous tiles require lesser care... Just that for the location and price one is paying for....... It is not worth the $$$$$;)
I really hate homogeneous tiles....big ugly gap between each tile....after 1-2yrs, surely become black n dirty....8woodleigh unforuntately using ugly brown colored homo tiles....but px quite ok...jus close both eyes n buy:ashamed1: :D .....prefer at least compressed marble for me;)

30-05-11, 23:58
I really hate homogeneous tiles....big ugly gap between each tile....after 1-2yrs, surely become black n dirty....8woodleigh unforuntatelynusing ugly brown colored homo tiles....but px quite ok...jus close both eyes n buy:ashamed1: :D .....prefer at least compressed marble for me;)

Devilplate,

There are ways to get round the dirty accumulation..... ;)

I had dark brown homogenous tiles that resemble very rough stone tiles in my kitchen for a resort feel. We just use a very dark color grout to blend in with the tile color.... No issue at all. :D

devilplate
30-05-11, 23:59
Devilplate,

There are ways to get round the dirty accumulation..... ;)

I had dark brown homogenous tiles that resemble very rough stone tiles in my kitchen for a resort feel. We just use a very dark color grout to blend in with the tile color.... No issue at all. :D
Yes tat provided u use dark colored homo tiles....but developermusually give light colored tiles....oh ya, 8wood i tink using brownish grout:cheers6:

31-05-11, 00:05
Yes tat provided u use dark colored homo tiles....but developermusually give light colored tiles....oh ya, 8wood i tink using brownish grout:cheers6:

Then not much problem for u then!

solsys
31-05-11, 00:29

Congrats, u just insulted most singaporeans who live in HDB using homogeneous tiles and all the buyers of 8courtyards.

I am not agent. If I have tonnes of money, I will hire maid and people to polish my tiles weekly, but I am not since I am looking at suburbia properties.

So may I ask how often you shine your marble tiles? Marble needs regular polishing to maintain its shine.

No point having an Aston Martin and only polish it once a year, same goes for those who pride their marble tiles and leave it to fade and stain.

There are reasons why certain materials are gaining popularity due to our hectic lifestyle.

Maybe you are a housewife that spends time polishing marble? Or maybe I should assume u run a marble polishing company that polishes marble, that's why we can safely assume you support marble for your business.

Don't assume and point fingers at people. Ask politely in future.

To save you your pride, here's my answer again, " No, I am not an agent."

devilplate
31-05-11, 00:34
U r buying a 1kpsf project n definitely deserve better...

8cy initial launch 7xxpsf...den tiles not so bad la

Cut cost is the obvious reason for developer...

If developer give u an option between marble n tiles....will u choose tiles?:tongue3:

Btw, i renovated a whole hse n i use tiles....haha bcoz its cheap n cost less den half compared to marble ....somemore i m renting it out...haha

solsys
31-05-11, 00:34
Btw, someone mentioned it's porcelain tiles for terrasse. Let's not confuse the readers. How does porcelain tiles work? Will crack like porcelain vase or not? :p

solsys
31-05-11, 00:37
U r buying a 1kpsf project n definitely deserve better...

8cy initial launch 7xxpsf...den tiles not so bad la

Cut cost is the obvious reason for developer...

If developer give u an option between marble n tiles....will u choose tiles?:tongue3:

If they knock off some % off the price, I will take homo tiles. I like value for money. :D

devilplate
31-05-11, 00:38
If they knock off some % off the price, I will take homo tiles. I like value for money. :D
Yes...but this project is overpriced n yet give tiles...:doh:

31-05-11, 00:40
Btw, someone mentioned it's porcelain tiles for terrasse. Let's not confuse the readers. How does porcelain tiles work? Will crack like porcelain vase or not? :p

That's exactly what I ask the agent when she said porcelain tiles! :beats-me-man:

But who cares? I'm definitely not interested in it. :rolleyes:

devilplate
31-05-11, 00:44
That's exactly what I ask the agent when she said porcelain tiles! :beats-me-man:

But who cares? I'm definitely not interested in it. :rolleyes:
Sis, looks like u r window shopping last wkend..hehe

Which project is next?

azeoprop
31-05-11, 00:59
Welcome to waterfront isle, luxurious marble awaits you. :rolleyes:

you can choose your marble theme and your bathroom style. :D

fiat500
31-05-11, 01:27
marble definitely has the classier look but u have to look after it well with regular mopping of the floor with good detergent for marble flooring.no need to polish your marble tiles.
homo tiles or procelain tiles still acceptable.
the worse is laminated flooring for the bedrooms.this is complete cheapskate n it drags down the whole image of the project imo..:cheers6: :cheers6:

omega
31-05-11, 01:43
Nowadays, where got so good to find Ai Pi Ai Qi Gou Ai Dua Liap Ni... :doh:

31-05-11, 09:33
Sis, looks like u r window shopping last wkend..hehe

Which project is next?

Ahahaha....sort of... actually, I was out with another couple who was looking for a second property to be their residence.

We were looking out for a development that gives them the best feel and deal at today's pricing. A tough thing to do!:D I suppose the hunt will go on for a while!

31-05-11, 09:35
Welcome to waterfront isle, luxurious marble awaits you. :rolleyes:

you can choose your marble theme and your bathroom style. :D

Ahahahaa, Azeo!

Very tempting but you know what, I hate cleaning! Especially the bathroom!!!!!:D

31-05-11, 09:38
homo tiles or procelain tiles still acceptable.
the worse is laminated flooring for the bedrooms.this is complete cheapskate n it drags down the whole image of the project imo..:cheers6: :cheers6:

Homogeneous tiles is good in the sense that it's easy to clean and maintain and when chipped off, the flaw doesn't show up.

I agree on the bit on laminate flooring. Not only does it look cheap, it also 'pops' up if the surrounding is wet for prolong period. (eg. you place a water feature on top.)

devilplate
31-05-11, 09:40
Ahahaha....sort of... actually, I was out with another couple who was looking for a second property to be their residence.

We were looking out for a development that gives them the best feel and deal at today's pricing. A tough thing to do!:D I suppose the hunt will go on for a while!

only new launches? in D19?

31-05-11, 09:40
Nowadays, where got so good to find Ai Pi Ai Qi Gou Ai Dua Liap Ni... :doh:

omega,

I dun think anyone here is looking for 'cheap' property. Many are just looking for VALUE for the amount they are paying. :D

Too cheap, nobody dare to buy too.... just in case there are other issues associated to the unit.....;)

ysyap
31-05-11, 22:29
Nowadays, people want near train station, near long kang, etc... trends are constantly evolving... :p

kane
31-05-11, 22:58
near train station demand was always there, but near long kang, that one is new. so they break the hard walls of it and turn it into a small stream/river, thereby turning the neighbourhood into waterfront living!

31-05-11, 22:59
near train station demand was always there, but near long kang, that one is new. so they break the hard walls of it and turn it into a small stream/river, thereby turning the neighbourhood into waterfront living!

This actually happened for Clover By the Park!!!!!'n:D :D

azeoprop
01-06-11, 11:32
Minton awaits you with 3 worlds.... :p

01-06-11, 13:20
Minton awaits you with 3 worlds.... :p

ahahahaha... promoting your choice of development ah, Azeo? So which world is yours in????:D

ysyap
01-06-11, 18:36
Minton awaits you with 3 worlds.... :pWith 1100 units, the pools will be more congested than public pools... :D

devilplate
01-06-11, 19:06
With 1100 units, the pools will be more congested than public pools... :D
U over exagerate la:tongue3: