PDA

View Full Version : Letter to TOC – Brace yourself for 87-0

wenqing
29-04-11, 23:28
http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/04/letter-to-toc-brace-yourself-for-87-0/

There is a very real and chilling possibility that Singaporeans will wake up on May 8, the day after election day, and find ourselves with 87 elected Members of Parliament (MPs) from the PAP, and none from the opposition.

If so, we will have regressed to the level of democracy seen more than thirty years ago. From independence in 1965 till 1981, the PAP controlled all the seats in parliament.

Since independence, only a total of 5 non-PAP MPs have been elected to parliament. As a concerned 21-year old Singaporean, I fear that not having representation for people who disagree with government policies will lead to serious imbalances in our country, with irreparable consequences.

http://theonlinecitizen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/chiam-300x190.jpg (http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/04/letter-to-toc-brace-yourself-for-87-0/chiam-2/)credit: ST

There is absolutely no chance that the PAP will lose power in a freak election result. Despite the online chatter, an overwhelming proportion of the population belongs to the “silent majority” and continues to support the PAP time after time.

I applaud Mr Low Thia Khiang and Mr Chiam See Tong for leaving their SMCs to contest GRCs. But the stakes are high, and the time is ripe for PAP candidates to pick up Hougang and Potong Pasir.

If Mr Low and Mr Chiam lose – and the opposition has always lost a GRC fight – come May 8, we will read in this newspaper that we will have no opposition MP in parliament for the next five years.

We would have then done nothing but only succeeded in gagging ourselves, and killing our fledging democratic movement.

No one claims that our democracy is perfect. But if we continue to be apathetic and unwilling to give the opposition a chance, then be prepared to live for the next five years with no elected alternative voices in Parliament. My fellow Singaporeans, are you prepared for 87-0?

devilplate
29-04-11, 23:43
how about 5-82!!:doh:

CCR
29-04-11, 23:48
87-0 is a distinct possibility... 5-82 not possible coz not all opposition teams are strong... Only bishan toa payoh, aljunied, holland bukit timah, GRC have any chance at all the rest should go to gahmen...

devilplate
30-04-11, 00:02
87-0 is a distinct possibility... 5-82 not possible coz not all opposition teams are strong... Only bishan toa payoh, aljunied, holland bukit timah, GRC have any chance at all the rest should go to gahmen...

haven fight oredi declare 87-0 meh??

how to win like dat?!?!?!

so dissapointing!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

nobrainer32007
30-04-11, 00:08
If 87-0 and no more cm and all previous cm unwind and property cheong 10% year after year, WHY NOT?

There is a very real and chilling possibility that Singaporeans will wake up on May 8, the day after election day, and find ourselves with 87 elected Members of Parliament (MPs) from the PAP, and none from the opposition.

If so, we will have regressed to the level of democracy seen more than thirty years ago. From independence in 1965 till 1981, the PAP controlled all the seats in parliament.

Since independence, only a total of 5 non-PAP MPs have been elected to parliament. As a concerned 21-year old Singaporean, I fear that not having representation for people who disagree with government policies will lead to serious imbalances in our country, with irreparable consequences.

http://theonlinecitizen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/chiam-300x190.jpg (http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/04/letter-to-toc-brace-yourself-for-87-0/chiam-2/)credit: ST

There is absolutely no chance that the PAP will lose power in a freak election result. Despite the online chatter, an overwhelming proportion of the population belongs to the “silent majority” and continues to support the PAP time after time.

I applaud Mr Low Thia Khiang and Mr Chiam See Tong for leaving their SMCs to contest GRCs. But the stakes are high, and the time is ripe for PAP candidates to pick up Hougang and Potong Pasir.

If Mr Low and Mr Chiam lose – and the opposition has always lost a GRC fight – come May 8, we will read in this newspaper that we will have no opposition MP in parliament for the next five years.

We would have then done nothing but only succeeded in gagging ourselves, and killing our fledging democratic movement.

No one claims that our democracy is perfect. But if we continue to be apathetic and unwilling to give the opposition a chance, then be prepared to live for the next five years with no elected alternative voices in Parliament. My fellow Singaporeans, are you prepared for 87-0?

devilplate
30-04-11, 00:10
If 87-0 and no more cm and all previous cm unwind and property cheong 10% year after year, WHY NOT?

no brainer rite?

vote for ur interest!!!:hell-hath-no-fury:

Geylang OKT
30-04-11, 00:11
Vote Opposition! Vote for lower property prices! :D :D :D

westman
30-04-11, 00:16
Vote PAP! Open for more FT! then we got more PRC SYT to bonk!:2cents:

azeoprop
30-04-11, 00:20
Vote Opposition! Vote for lower property prices! :D :D :D

Just nice 5 year SSD over. Your only chance to buy more. :rolleyes:

marktkt22
30-04-11, 00:33
If that the mandate , then be prepared to pay more.
No issue with the rich, juz that the poor and middle class suffer

devilplate
30-04-11, 00:37
If that the mandate , then be prepared to pay more.
No issue with the rich, juz that the poor and middle class suffer

vote for spend and spend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regulators
30-04-11, 02:31
with or without PAP, PRC SYT will find their way into singapore.

Regulators
30-04-11, 02:49
you guys should be more rational, voting opposition into parliament is safeguarding your rights against an anarchist regime that has become less emphatetic and less compassionate over the years. We can have 20 opposition members in parliament to slap PAP if their policies go against the grain of social fabric, but if it is really 87-0 situation, I really can't imagine how more arrogant PAP is going to become. As it is now, PAP sooka sooka pass any laws they like in a blink of an eye without a tad of feeling for the people who are unable to catch up with the economic growth and expansion of the country. Come on, let us be less narrow-minded and not think only from the perspective of raising our property prices. Who said that having the opposition in parliament is going to cause a nose-dive in property prices? it is just a myth, utter bullshit and fear that PAP wishes to instill in its people. What the opposition say is correct, govt raise gst to 7% gaining a surplus of $1.9 billion, but they only used $400 mil to help the poor, which is terribly disgraceful and unfair by any standards. Kenneth Jeya has a point about privatising GIC and Temasek and distributing the shares to the people which is after all out money. We really have to start being feeling singaporeans and not be so self-consumed. We can plunder as much as we want from this generation, but by doing so unreservedly, are we sparing a thought for the future of our country? i hate to think that PAP has succeeded in transforming Singaporeans into a self-centered short-sighted lot of people.

ysyap
30-04-11, 07:49
70-17.. History in the making... PAP lost 3 GRCs and 2 SMCs. Opp retains their stronghold in PP and Hougang as well as TP-B, Tamp and Alj GRCs... Am I dreaming???? :sleep:

land118
30-04-11, 08:02
70-17.. History in the making... PAP lost 3 GRCs and 2 SMCs. Opp retains their stronghold in PP and Hougang as well as TP-B, Tamp and Alj GRCs... Am I dreaming???? :sleep:
2day sat, Standby to buy 4D 7017....hosay:D

devilplate
30-04-11, 08:21
Vote for regulator!
Vote for 0582!

Geylang OKT
30-04-11, 09:01

Thanks for the free advertisement! :D :D :D

bargain hunter
01-05-11, 12:23
all u care about is the price of your properties going up?!?!?! :mad:

devilplate
01-05-11, 12:26
all u care about is the price of your properties going up?!?!?! :mad:

hehe bro...i tot u dun care about politics wor.....tink this is ur 2nd posts for it:p

patricia
01-05-11, 16:27

wenqing, be a good hearted person. Post all your GE news in the thread that you started:
"Please Post Election Youtubes, Rallies, Photos and Videos Here (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11225)"