PDA

View Full Version : Aljunied GRC taken over by WP, which are the properties there?

Montaigne
08-05-11, 10:14
Any insights? Shall we keep track if property prices will drop in these areas? I better standby my 5% cash to go in.. M looking at Kovan or hougang, much cheaper than bedok reservoir i think. M glad that I have waited despite people saying I might miss the boat. Waiting to rejoice to lower property prices after the revise of income ceiling etc new measures haha!

chiaberry
08-05-11, 10:21
Any insights? Shall we keep track if property prices will drop in these areas? I better standby my 5% cash to go in.. M looking at Kovan or hougang, much cheaper than bedok reservoir i think. M glad that I have waited despite people saying I might miss the boat. Waiting to rejoice to lower property prices after the revise of income ceiling etc new measures haha!

I doubt the private condo prices will drop anytime soon. PAP still overall in charge of the country. If they drop, it would be due to external shocks, not because of WP victory.

devilplate
08-05-11, 10:26
Ideal outcome.... How to drop.... Everyone is happy

land118
08-05-11, 10:29
Ideal outcome.... How to drop.... Everyone is happyAgree, many people also "bio". Last night, I already inform my Agent friend, but he say he doubt so..., was asking him if his seller in Kovan Melody will drop his asking price today..., I prepare cheque liao if drop 5% also grab...

dmonddd
08-05-11, 10:48
think property prices for mass mkt will drop bcoz gahmen can now continue with cooling measures. china central bank and HK central bank hv been cooling their property market aggressively

we cannot put it more measures bcoz of election n parliament dissolved

my view is still interest rate will go up to push down inflation.

higher mthly installment amt for housing loans
car market will take hit next no more zero entry
cures for inflation? look at historical cures

dmonddd
08-05-11, 10:50
look at outlook of property stocks - telltale of property prices trend

devilplate
08-05-11, 10:52
I disagree....unless int rates jumped overnite.... Gradual rise will actually help to push up ppty px....

However, hdb prices cant really go up from here

DC33_2008
08-05-11, 10:52
When will interest rate go up?
think property prices for mass mkt will drop bcoz gahmen can now continue with cooling measures. china central bank and HK central bank hv been cooling their property market aggressively

we cannot put it more measures bcoz of election n parliament dissolved

my view is still interest rate will go up to push down inflation.

higher mthly installment amt for housing loans
car market will take hit next no more zero entry
cures for inflation? look at historical cures

devilplate
08-05-11, 10:54
look at outlook of property stocks - telltale of property prices trend

Now i aso confused on these..... Used to b sti leading ppty px.... But tis round, ppty rise ahead of sti

azeoprop
08-05-11, 10:56
Come migrate to Hougang and Aljunied, the new prime district in Singapore where you can call it home and dreams come true. :D ;) :p

bargain hunter
08-05-11, 11:04
as discussed, post financial crisis, ppty has led sti for various reasons:

1) lack of trust in anything financial, ie non physical, cannot touch
2) low interest rates excellent for ppty but the same low interest rate not applicable to businesses or stocks.

interest rates tagged to US, sg does not control interest rates, how to go up? unless loss of faith on USD causes USD to spike, otherwise, only more cooling measures is the alternative to capping ppty prices.

Now i aso confused on these..... Used to b sti leading ppty px.... But tis round, ppty rise ahead of sti

bargain hunter
08-05-11, 11:05
ooi bro, u starting to sound like tanumy. LOL. :ashamed1:

Come migrate to Hougang and Aljunied, the new prime district in Singapore where you can call it home and dreams come true. :D ;) :p

dmonddd
08-05-11, 11:09

i'm more confused ...stck prices capture companies' outlook and forecast earnings.
hence if property price rise ahead of sti - overheating??
there are limited upside if i read the market even for highend. if u r gahmen, what wld u do?

can a family of 4 afford to buy a pte condo $1million with salary of $12k? tax? car? tuition fees? trips?

in CN and HK asked colleagues same question.
for professionals, they themselves find it hard to purchase condos in prime districts.

dmonddd
08-05-11, 11:12
from what i hear this article is dead wrong

HONG KONG – Asia will continue to lead global economic growth over the next two years even as it grapples with risks including inflation, turmoil in the Middle East and the effects of Japan's tsunami, the International Monetary Fund said Thursday.
"Robust" regional growth of close to 7 percent will be fueled by exports and domestic demand, Anoop Singh, director of the Washington-based body's Asia & Pacific department, said in the twice-yearly report. Asia's overall economy grew 8.3 percent in 2010.
Growth will be driven by economic powerhouses China and India. The IMF forecasts China's economy will grow 9.5 percent while India will expand about 8 percent over the next two years.
But the fund warned of "pockets of overheating" across the region as consumer price inflation rose to 4.5 percent in February. Higher oil and food prices are starting to feed into broader inflation and will affect the poor, the fund said. Inflation is also being driven by low interest rates in many Asian countries.
"In most economies in Asia, further monetary tightening is needed as interest rates in those economies remain below levels generally consistent with stable growth and low inflation," said Singh, who also urged countries to adopt more flexible exchange rates as a weapon against overheating.
The IMF forecasts inflation will continue rising this year before easing modestly in 2012.
Earlier this week, the Asian Development Bank warned that surging food prices threaten to push millions more people into poverty and shave up to 1.5 percentage points off regional economic growth.
The IMF said turmoil in the Middle East and North Africa could also pose a risk by causing further spikes in oil prices, which would shave economic growth in countries reliant on oil imports, such as China and Japan.
Asian economies could also be affected if higher oil prices result in a global slowdown, which would result in a drop in demand from wealthy countries for their exports.
The IMF cut its forecast for Japan's economic growth in 2011 to 1.4 percent from 1.6 percent because of the March 11 earthquake, tsunami and subsequent nuclear disaster, which left about 27,000 people dead and missing and is estimated by the government to have caused up to $305 billion in damage.
Economic damage is much greater than from the 1995 Kobe earthquake, the IMF said. Power supply interruptions are affecting a much larger region, including the Kanto region around Tokyo, which accounts for about 40 percent of Japan's economy.
Japan's economic recovery will take longer because of the damage to power plants and electronics and auto component suppliers. The government has much less space to maneuver because interest rates are already near zero while public debt is very high, the report said.
Japanese economic growth is expected to pick up to 2.1 percent in 2012 because of reconstruction spending.
Prolonged production disruptions could affect other economies, especially those reliant on industries where Japanese producers dominate, such as silicon wafers for microchips.
"Over time there could also be a switch to alternative suppliers, although Japan's status as a highly specialized supplier of electronic components and capital goods suggest limits to this strategy," the report said.

devilplate
08-05-11, 11:17
We r oredi seeing more investors buying ocr condos den hdb upgradders...

Rental market not looking gd for ccr condos, mabe tats y px stay flat...

I believe ocr condo may face a downward pressure in 2013 when alot more supply TOP. more investors den home occupiers

Montaigne
08-05-11, 11:41
ooi bro, u starting to sound like tanumy. LOL. :ashamed1:

I think he is too upset. Going bonkers knowing that his property prices is going south.

nobrainer32007
08-05-11, 12:12
Good stay confused.

i'm more confused ...stck prices capture companies' outlook and forecast earnings.
hence if property price rise ahead of sti - overheating??
there are limited upside if i read the market even for highend. if u r gahmen, what wld u do?

can a family of 4 afford to buy a pte condo $1million with salary of $12k? tax? car? tuition fees? trips?

in CN and HK asked colleagues same question.
for professionals, they themselves find it hard to purchase condos in prime districts.

wenqing
08-05-11, 13:19
Base on reports, ironically many rich people at Serangoon Gardens, Condos at Aljunied GRC and East Coast GRC who voted for WP.

It was the the HDB people that voted PAP.

Many Ferraris and Lambos were seen at WP Rallies.

ysyap
08-05-11, 13:23
Base on reports, ironically many rich people at Serangoon Gardens, Condos at Aljunied GRC and East Coast GRC who voted for WP.

Many Ferraris and Lambos were seen at WP Rallies.There are alot of HDB who voted WP too coz otherwise they cannot achieve 55%. I want to move to Aljunied le... :D

devilplate
08-05-11, 13:29

Not conclusive.... Srgn garden cud b due to domitory incident n flash floods.

East coast grc consist mainly hdb n not pte....

Its hol-bukit timah tat is upper middle class

dmonddd
08-05-11, 14:02
:confused:
Good stay confused. :doh:

dmonddd
08-05-11, 14:04
obvious in any country, bizmen support politicians. some didnt get to share the cake. thats why the ferraris n lambos

bargain hunter
08-05-11, 14:47
no lah, our bro won't be upset. prices would probably move in line with market i feel. :)

I think he is too upset. Going bonkers knowing that his property prices is going south.

devilplate
08-05-11, 14:59
no lah, our bro won't be upset. prices would probably move in line with market i feel. :)
But on hindsight, he surely wun sell 8wood n buy wf isle

sh
08-05-11, 16:22
Not conclusive.... Srgn garden cud b due to domitory incident n flash floods.

East coast grc consist mainly hdb n not pte....

Its hol-bukit timah tat is upper middle class

The purest indication of how the rich will vote. Look at Mountbatten SMC, majority of voters in condos or landed. PAP's margin not that great either...<60%...

devilplate
08-05-11, 16:35
The purest indication of how the rich will vote. Look at Mountbatten SMC, majority of voters in condos or landed. PAP's margin not that great either...<60%...
Hmm.... If my waterbank is rdy n i staying there, not sure who will i vote. I mentioned jeanette was one of my fav opp candidate....
However, i m in pasir- punggol which left me with no other choice but pap

fafalulu
08-05-11, 16:37
Geylang red light district belongs to which electoral division? Aljunied or mountbatten?:confused:

DC33_2008
08-05-11, 16:40
Just saw the winning team of Aljunied GRC thanking the residents at bedok reservior area. Lots of people following them. Hve not seen my MP GRC team yet. :doh:
Geylang red light district belongs to which electoral division? Aljunied or mountbatten?:confused:

devilplate
08-05-11, 16:44
Just saw the winning team of Aljunied GRC thanking the residents at bedok reservior area. Lots of people following them. Hve not seen my MP GRC team yet. :doh:
Mine worse.... Throughout the all 9 days.... I nvr see any of them face to face.... Only see pap van drove past.... Haha

sh
08-05-11, 16:45
Hmm.... If my waterbank is rdy n i staying there, not sure who will i vote. I mentioned jeanette was one of my fav opp candidate....
However, i m in pasir- punggol which left me with no other choice but pap

NSP's platform was on alleviating the the plight of the poor. Don't think that resonates with the affluent in Mountbatten. They should have focused more on the national issues, accountability, political freedom etc.:(

Having said that, PAP's usual carrot of "upgrading" doesn't work on the SMC either....:doh:

devilplate
08-05-11, 16:46
I tink under kallang grc.... Defintely not mountbatten as its separated by guillemard

DC33_2008
08-05-11, 16:49
SM said last nite that he will fulfill our wishes. Collating petition to request for shelter and a community club at my estate for the elderly and youngs. Strike the metal when it is hot!
Mine worse.... Throughout the all 9 days.... I nvr see any of them face to face.... Only see pap van drove past.... Haha

devilplate
08-05-11, 16:50
NSP's platform was on alleviating the the plight of the poor. Don't think that resonates with the affluent in Mountbatten. They should have focused more on the national issues, accountability, political freedom etc.:(

Having said that, PAP's usual carrot of "upgrading" doesn't work on the SMC either....:doh:
WP most successful this time.... Anywhr aso produce gd results.... Poor or rich all buy into 1st world parliament!!

DC33_2008
08-05-11, 16:55
LTK is an opportunist. There goes to show that a president scholar also cannot compete with him. The dormitory saga at Serangoon Garden may have affected the results of the GRC badly.
WP most successful this time.... Anywhr aso produce gd results.... Poor or rich all buy into 1st world parliament!!

devilplate
08-05-11, 17:11
Just pray codriver n driver can coexist harmoniously....

If wp motive is purely to expand like playing RISK, we r PAWNED

land118
08-05-11, 17:25
LTK is an opportunist. There goes to show that a president scholar also cannot compete with him. The dormitory saga at Serangoon Garden may have affected the results of the GRC badly.
Many long time PAP faithful there who are retiring or retirees were upset..., and these people normally dun 4get so easily....

azeoprop
08-05-11, 17:28

Yah....the papers said that the serangoon garden ward has the worst votes for pap. :rolleyes:

DC33_2008
08-05-11, 17:34
I am sure they have a strategy. If PAP does not listen to their views, it will be posted to the Singaporeans. That is about accountability. They will have to co-exist or integrate.
Just pray codriver n driver can coexist harmoniously....

If wp motive is purely to expand like playing RISK, we r PAWNED

Lovelle
08-05-11, 17:51
mountbatten rich also not happy with all the CM by MBT , why would they wan to vote for pap. Old airport road hawker also not happy, left who voting for pap ? New citizen who stays there..

DC33_2008
08-05-11, 17:59
Residents of some new and old HDB flats between the hawker centre may vote for them as their flats are upgraded and coupled with an mrt stn.
mountbatten rich also not happy with all the CM by MBT , why would they wan to vote for pap. Old airport road hawker also not happy, left who voting for pap ? New citizen who stays there..

Lovelle
08-05-11, 18:06
yeap, i saw many new citizen staying there. heard many locals cash out fr dakota hdb rising hdb.

condos around Lor Chuan and Upp Serangoon also falls under Aljunied. Pls consider these as well. Literally, huge GRC estate to cover by WP...

It's the VOICE in the parliament..

irisng
08-05-11, 21:32
Same, I don't even see the opposition face at all. Our RC is very active, they always organise some events for the residents and our MP was always there to join the residents, I ever see him singing and dancing with the residents, enjoying himself, a joyous person.

irisng
08-05-11, 21:42

It belongs to the Marine Parade GRC.:cheers1:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Parade_Group_Representation_Constituency

devilplate
08-05-11, 22:02
It belongs to the Marine Parade GRC.:cheers1:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Parade_Group_Representation_Constituency

i tink lor 22 onwards belong to marine parade and those below 22 belong to kallang?

Geylang OKT
08-05-11, 22:43
Red light areas are all PAP wards :D :D :D

Re Alunied GRC I believe the upper middle class in the Serangoon Gardens vicinity voted heavily against the ruling party. :scared-1: :simmering: :scared-1:

gahmen will punish these middle class folks in that area and make them repent for the next 5 years :D :D :D

sh
08-05-11, 22:54
yeah... I need to go "repent" too.....:rolleyes:

azeoprop
08-05-11, 22:58

Re Alunied GRC I believe the upper middle class in the Serangoon Gardens vicinity voted heavily against the ruling party. :scared-1: :simmering: :scared-1:

gahmen will punish these middle class folks in that area and make them repent for the next 5 years :D :D :D

The serangoon gardens residents were extremely angry with pap because after repeated petitions, the pap still die die want to have the worker's dorm next to their estate. :doh:

wenqing
09-05-11, 01:47
Same, I don't even see the opposition face at all. Our RC is very active, they always organise some events for the residents and our MP was always there to join the residents, I ever see him singing and dancing with the residents, enjoying himself, a joyous person.

From RC...lol

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wenqing
09-05-11, 01:51
yeap, i saw many new citizen staying there. heard many locals cash out fr dakota hdb rising hdb.

condos around Lor Chuan and Upp Serangoon also falls under Aljunied. Pls consider these as well. Literally, huge GRC estate to cover by WP...

It's the VOICE in the parliament..

Got Aljunied GRC Map?

wenqing
09-05-11, 01:56
The serangoon gardens residents were extremely angry with pap because after repeated petitions, the pap still die die want to have the worker's dorm next to their estate. :doh:

George Yeo and gang no matter what must toe PAP line so use top down approach against those Serangoon Gardens people.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3222284

Browse > Home / Media Articles / Sacrifice votes or economy? No contest
Sacrifice votes or economy? No contest

October 20, 2008 by admin

ST link

Keeping the economy humming is more important than fretting over whether votes will be lost.

Foreign Minister George Yeo gave this response yesterday when asked if the unpopular decision to house foreign workers in Serangoon Gardens would affect political support for his Aljunied GRC team.

Speaking to The Sunday Times on the sidelines of a Hari Raya grassroots dinner, Mr Yeo said: ‘The important thing is to do what is right. You cannot always be worried about votes.’

He explained that the economy needs foreign workers and Singaporeans should understand these constraints.

‘When the economy goes down and people’s lives are affected… surely that must be politically more costly to the Government,’ he said.

Plans to convert the former Serangoon Gardens Technical School at Burghley Drive into a dormitory for foreign workers made headlines last month, with residents meeting their MPs and signing a petition.

The Government has since decided to go ahead with the dormitory but said it would accommodate some of the residents’ concerns, including the construction of a new access road from the Central Expressway to Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1.

However, other residents living near the new access road became unhappy.

In response, the Ministry of National Development announced last week that it would work with the dormitory operator to arrange for buses to pick up and drop off workers within the dormitory’s premises.

Trees and shrubs near the access road will also be planted to shield the dormitory from surrounding houses.

Acknowledging that there are a handful of residents who are still upset, Mr Yeo pointed out that the ministry had already gone out of its way to accommodate residents.

He said: ‘There’s got to be a certain tolerance so long as their concerns are addressed…We all have our preferences about what should be in our neighbourhood and we can’t have all our wishes.

‘A decision has been taken, requests have been made, whatever could be accommodated is accommodated. I think on the whole, it’s a good compromise.’

[email protected] ([email protected])

Geylang OKT
09-05-11, 06:58
These middle class folks in Serangoon think they got their revenge? Wait till they see what the next 5 years hold for them.

I have a feeling that their property prices will drop until they buay jin chu :D :D :D

chiaberry
09-05-11, 07:46
It's possible that Govt will make them repent until they buay tahan, then call early elections so that they can vote PAP back in. Remember.....there is a young Emperor in the wings who is waiting to be brought into Parliament so they probably won't wait the full 5 years before the next GE.

ysyap
09-05-11, 08:02
At most that area constitute another 2000 votes and winning by 13000 votes, it won't make any difference to the result even if next GE comes early..:D

proud owner
09-05-11, 08:25

irisng
you just joined this forum ah ...April 2011 ???

so your RC organised alot of activities and your MP there ?

got invite the Opp or not ?
if not how do you expect Opp to be there ?
gate crash ?
scarly MP call police how ?? they very good at that wor ...every little small thing call police

as if our police force is there for our PAP's MP to use only ...

proud owner
09-05-11, 08:31
These middle class folks in Serangoon think they got their revenge? Wait till they see what the next 5 years hold for them.

I have a feeling that their property prices will drop until they buay jin chu :D :D :D

in the first place the prop prices there hasnt gone up as much as other area also lah

so no big deal

my friend staying in S garden for last 12 yrs ...said his landed house , prices only up last year ... from 06-09/10 he said hardly see any big move

maybe thats why they tulan ... voted PAP ..prices also never really go up ... and yet hear PAP threaten people that if vote for OPP their prop price will be affected ( down obviously)

sing
09-05-11, 09:13
irisng
you just joined this forum ah ...April 2011 ???

so your RC organised alot of activities and your MP there ?

got invite the Opp or not ?
if not how do you expect Opp to be there ?
gate crash ?
scarly MP call police how ?? they very good at that wor ...every little small thing call police

as if our police force is there for our PAP's MP to use only ...

Activities are organised very frequently almost every month for many years. Not knowing whether is there any opposition or not, so how to know the name of the opposition party.

I know quite a lot of Singaporeans are very unhappy with PAP on certain issues and I might be one of them too. I don't know anything about politics and I'm not interested. I'm just stating what I have seen. Frankly speaking, PAP has done quite a lot of things for Singapore and there might have some issues that to the PAP, as long as it helps the economy grow, they will just carry on but to Singaporeans, these are big issues because it affect us personally.

Well, having 1 or 2 oppositions in the Parliament is okay, at least they can help us to speak up but too many oppositions, I'm afraid that it might affect our economy growth.:2cents:

proud owner
09-05-11, 09:18
Activities are organised very frequently almost every month for many years. Not knowing whether is there any opposition or not, so how to know the name of the opposition party.

I know quite a lot of Singaporeans are very unhappy with PAP on certain issues and I might be one of them too. I don't know anything about politics and I'm not interested. I'm just stating what I have seen. Frankly speaking, PAP has done quite a lot of things for Singapore and there might have some issues that to the PAP, as long as it helps the economy grow, they will just carry on but to Singaporeans, these are big issues because it affect us personally.

Well, having 1 or 2 oppositions in the Parliament is okay, at least they can help us to speak up but too many oppositions, I'm afraid that it might affect our economy growth.:2cents:

SING = IRISING ?

you signed up using different identity ??

devilplate
09-05-11, 09:19
Most landed enjoy big jump last yr too.... Srgn is not isolated

wenqing
09-05-11, 09:23

Economic growth is not affected by Opposition but by First World status.

First World nations should not expect 15% growth every year anymore.

Taking PAP reasoning and burning it like talisman and drinking with water is not the way to go for future generations.

Mr Hum who heckled at Lim Hwee Hua during elections at Serangoon Gardens has the last laugh.

devilplate
09-05-11, 09:37
Sian sti green... No short term gains:mad:

Allthepies
09-05-11, 10:03

hee hee anybody will be angry but putting the dorm there will affect the least residents =) landed == less people affected; put in HDB heartland == more people affected. wise move for government

Allthepies
09-05-11, 10:04

poor residents :D

proud owner
09-05-11, 10:07
hee hee anybody will be angry but putting the dorm there will affect the least residents =) landed == less people affected; put in HDB heartland == more people affected. wise move for government

if thats the case ... why not other landed estates ? but die die must be S Gardens ?

stl67
09-05-11, 10:22

quite agree. when the MP visited us, most of the landed property owner never open their gates. Maybe they are really not at home. my oppsite and imediate neighour all never open. think must have voted for the WP.

I pity Mrs Lim on the serangoon garden dormintory saga...
In the other Landed Property area withinin distirct 19, resident complains that transportation within Poh Huat and Kovan very inconvenient, MP introduced a private bus to serve the area. It was scrapped after dont know how long as the bus is always fetching 'ghost" passenger... see bei cham... very hard to please those Higher Middle Income group...

sing
09-05-11, 10:23
SING = IRISING ?

you signed up using different identity ??

Once I log out, sometimes I have problem in logging in.

proud owner
09-05-11, 10:30
Once I log out, sometimes I have problem in logging in.

ic

what i was trying to say to you earlier was that ...

those PAP activities organised by PAP rc ...obviously did not invite, and they never will invite the Opp ..

so of course you dont see them and dont know them ..

Opps are not allowed to organised any activities without permits from PAP ...which most likely always kana turned down ..

so how fair is this system ?

trying very hard to isolate the people from Opps right ?

so i think its not fair for you to comment that you dnt even see them or know who they are

you should question the system instead

devilplate
09-05-11, 10:35
ic

those PAP activities organised by PAP rc ...obviously did not invite, and they never will invite the Opp ..

Opps are not allowed to organised any activities without permits from PAP ...which most likely always kana turned down ..

so i think its not fair for you to comment that you dnt even see them or know who they are

for my case, i nvr see both teams.....only saw PAP van.....opp teams i only see them on Utube...LOL

stl67
09-05-11, 10:35
in the first place the prop prices there hasnt gone up as much as other area also lah

so no big deal

my friend staying in S garden for last 12 yrs ...said his landed house , prices only up last year ... from 06-09/10 he said hardly see any big move

maybe thats why they tulan ... voted PAP ..prices also never really go up ... and yet hear PAP threaten people that if vote for OPP their prop price will be affected ( down obviously)

Most of the landed properties all over singapore's price was quite stagnant for many years...

Only recent years, the price really chiong a lot. My brother was looking for landed in Serangoon Garden so I also go and kaypoh. The asking price is in my opinion really quite high. Average is about 800-1000 psf just for the land only.

devilplate
09-05-11, 10:36
Most of the landed properties all over singapore's price was quite stagnant for many years...

Only recent years, the price really chiong a lot. My brother was looking for landed in Serangoon Garden so I also go and kaypoh. The asking price is in my opinion really quite high. Average is about 800-1000 psf just for the land only.

yes....but last yr alone certain landed area almost doubled:scared-1:

mantrix
09-05-11, 10:37

When all landed experienced their big jump, what was the percentage 'enjoyed' by the residents of Serangoon Gardens? I got a friend who bought his semi-D around 1.5M 1 year+ ago, dunno if it's worth 3M now??

proud owner
09-05-11, 10:41
When all landed experienced their big jump, what was the percentage 'enjoyed' by the residents of Serangoon Gardens? I got a friend who bought his semi-D around 1.5M 1 year+ ago, dunno if it's worth 3M now??

S Gdn landed was still very much dead in 2006/7 ...
probably only in late 2009, to mid 2010 that we saw some upward revision in psf ...

while surprisingly... pasir panjang was the first to register 1000 psf for a new landed in 2007 ...

devilplate
09-05-11, 10:44

not all such big jump la....depends on entry px too.....

I SAD ARGH!!! condo nvr jump so much! VOTE FOR OPPOSITION!!!!!!!!!!

devilplate
09-05-11, 10:46
probably only in late 2009, to mid 2010 that we saw some upward revision in psf ...

while surprisingly... pasir panjang was the first to register 1000 psf for a new landed in 2007 ...
got jump in prices ppl bey song!!1 tats y vote for opposition! bcoz their frens and relatives like me nvr enjoy such big jump!!!! UNFAIR!

vote for opposition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

devilplate
09-05-11, 10:52
ban PR from buying Landed at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell PR to buy 99LH landed! HAHA

stl67
09-05-11, 11:04

tioh.. before june 2007, when I was house hunting, can easily get a landed below < 450-480 psf if I remember correctly... now really boh liao...

proud owner
09-05-11, 11:07
tioh.. before june 2007, when I was house hunting, can easily get a landed below < 450-480 psf if I remember correctly... now really boh liao...

still have

i thinik its 480 psf ...FH ......

8000 sqft land .... asking 3.8 mio ....

near Kranji cemetery

i am not kidding

azeoprop
09-05-11, 11:37
still have

i thinik its 480 psf ...FH ......

8000 sqft land .... asking 3.8 mio ....

near Kranji cemetery

i am not kidding

Oh the Jln Bumbong/Jln Rasok there, where bukit villas is. But the location is really bird don't lay eggs place. haa haa.

wind30
09-05-11, 11:38
serangoon gardens is pretty crowded. A lot of units so a lot of competition between sellers.

+ the workers dorm. now go under opposition....

Wild Falcon
09-05-11, 11:39
That is correct. Maslow's hierachy of needs here. Once you're well-fed with basic need achieved, u think about self-actualisation and contribution to society and personal diginity. Most of the opposition parties underpolled at HDB flats and overpolled at private estates. I won't say "rich people" - rich people who are the PAP Ministers at Tg Pagar GRC no one dare to fight. But based on feedback, the upper middle class areas like Bukit Timah, Holland, Serangoon Gardens, Hillview, East Coast condos etc apparently has strong opposition votes.

devilplate
09-05-11, 11:42
That is correct. Maslow's hierachy of needs here. Once you're well-fed with basic need achieved, u think about self-actualisation and contribution to society and personal diginity. Most of the opposition parties underpolled at HDB flats and overpolled at private estates. I won't say "rich people" - rich people who are the PAP Ministers at Tg Pagar GRC no one dare to fight. But based on feedback, the upper middle class areas like Bukit Timah, Holland, Serangoon Gardens, Hillview, East Coast condos etc apparently has strong opposition votes.

govt released the voting patterns liao?

u conclude based on wat?

devilplate
09-05-11, 11:43
serangoon gardens is pretty crowded. A lot of units so a lot of competition between sellers.

+ the workers dorm. now go under opposition....

confirm drop till buay jin chu!:D :D :D

can ask for 50% discount? :D :D :D

fclim
09-05-11, 12:33

Highly unlikely. In fact, it is good for Aljunied GRC. Best of Both Worlds. The PAP will fight to win back Aljunied for the next 5 years. Many new development/plans will be in place. Maybe even a new MRT or LRT line. A heavyweight Minister will be needed in order to win Aljunied at the next election. Who knows, maybe even PM himself will stand in Aljunied.

ShadowSG
09-05-11, 12:59
Highly unlikely. In fact, it is good for Aljunied GRC. Best of Both Worlds. The PAP will fight to win back Aljunied for the next 5 years. Many new development/plans will be in place. Maybe even a new MRT or LRT line. A heavyweight Minister will be needed in order to win Aljunied at the next election. Who knows, maybe even PM himself will stand in Aljunied.

i doubt there will be exciting new developments in the Aljunied area as this will only send a signal to others that it is okie to vote and be under the opposition. There must certainly be a distinction between a PAP and opposition ward, else how to gain votes for the next elections?

I feel that PAP will still continue to develop the Aljunied area but it won't be anything big. PAP might even prepare a team of MPs to be at Aljunied GRC to make their presence felt early before the next elections.

amk
09-05-11, 13:06
... But based on feedback, the upper middle class areas like Bukit Timah, Holland, Serangoon Gardens, Hillview, East Coast condos etc apparently has strong opposition votes.

are you sure ? where are your sources ? from "my" sources at least in some areas above the PAP support is die hard. :cool:

sing
09-05-11, 13:48
ic

To be very frank, I only joined them once last yr when my husband went to RC to register for his health screening at $3 per person. He bought the family night tickets from the RC at $2 each which include food and drinks (Programs : Karaoka, dancing and some entertainment programs). Our MP also joined in the fun. He sang 2 songs for us (Hokkien / Mandarin) and dance with the residents. This was the 1st time I saw him out of 12 years staying there because normally I don't join those activities. He gave me a very deep impression. There is also a brisk walking being organised monthly but I didn't join, cannot wake up so early la, haha!

I only saw the poster of the opposition party on the lamp pole, never see his real person neither did I hear any talk from him. :tsk-tsk: FYI, I'm from SMC constituency.

fclim
09-05-11, 15:21
i doubt there will be exciting new developments in the Aljunied area as this will only send a signal to others that it is okie to vote and be under the opposition. There must certainly be a distinction between a PAP and opposition ward, else how to gain votes for the next elections?

I feel that PAP will still continue to develop the Aljunied area but it won't be anything big. PAP might even prepare a team of MPs to be at Aljunied GRC to make their presence felt early before the next elections.

It is a tough call. For SMCs like PP or Hougang, yes. That "vote and repent" strategy may work and it took many years before PP became PAP ward again. But, Aljunied is a big GRC and PAP cannot afford to allow this opposition nest to grow and influence neighbouring GRCs and SMCs. If you analyse the results, except for AMK and Pasir Ris-Punggol GRCs, all the other neighbouring GRCs/SMCs (East Coast, Tampines, Joo Chiat, Punggol East, Sengkang West, Bishan-Toa Payoh, Marine Parade) registered less than 60% share of the votes. Aljunied in the last election had 56% share of the votes.

How many more ministers can PAP afford to lose through Aljunied? If they ignore Aljunied and continue to let the opposition take control there, then it will be the case of the parable of the boiled frog, like what Hougang has done to Aljunied.

The stakes are high indeed.

azeoprop
09-05-11, 15:24
Paya lebar airbase under control of WP as well? :rolleyes:

ysyap
09-05-11, 15:40
Highly unlikely. In fact, it is good for Aljunied GRC. Best of Both Worlds. The PAP will fight to win back Aljunied for the next 5 years. Many new development/plans will be in place. Maybe even a new MRT or LRT line. A heavyweight Minister will be needed in order to win Aljunied at the next election. Who knows, maybe even PM himself will stand in Aljunied.I seriously doubt PM will contest there directly because PAP is super kia su and the stakes are simply too high for PAP. They might not want to deploy any big ministers too for fear of losing them. 2 scenarios can happen. 1. They deploy one or two ministers who's screwed up during next 5 years to fight to redeem themselves. 2. They will throw in a really big ridiculous incentive to Aljunied to win back precious votes. :spliff: I'm moving to Aljunied le.. :D

ysyap
09-05-11, 15:56
Why GE 2011 is a watershed GE?
1. First GRC lost
2. End of an era for CST
3. Next 5 years is make or break for opp. If WP can deliver, PAP beware. If WP cannot deliver, back to square one
4. Up to 82 or 87 seats contested, unprecedented aka 2.2mil voters (highest in history)
5. Govt allow new media campaigning
6. Youngest ever MP elected at 27 yrs old
7. Youngest candidate at 24 yrs old
8. PAP said sorry
9. GRC system severely questioned
10. The returning officer Mr Yam Ah Mee became an instant celebrity

edwinleeap
09-05-11, 16:03
Pursuant to Section 49, Sub-Section 7E, Paragraph A of the Parliamentary Elections Act, I declare General Elections 2011 is indeed a watershed election.

devilplate
09-05-11, 16:05
Why GE 2011 is a watershed GE?
1. First GRC lost
2. End of an era for CST
3. Next 5 years is make or break for opp. If WP can deliver, PAP beware. If WP cannot deliver, back to square one
4. Up to 82 or 87 seats contested, unprecedented aka 2.2mil voters (highest in history)
5. Govt allow new media campaigning
6. Youngest ever MP elected at 27 yrs old
7. Youngest candidate at 24 yrs old
8. PAP said sorry
9. GRC system severely questioned
10. The returning officer Mr Yam Ah Mee became an instant celebrity

7. i tink we got 23yo candidate rite....?

11. MM said 'we' got 5yrs to REPENT
12. 60% lowest mandate ever
13. Lost 2 ministers
14. Lots of waterworks
15. 1st MP to stomp feet and DUNO WAT TO SAY
16. highest no. of opp seats

fclim
09-05-11, 16:27

11. MM said 'we' got 5yrs to REPENT
12. 60% lowest mandate ever
13. Lost 2 ministers
14. Lots of waterworks
15. 1st MP to stomp feet and DUNO WAT TO SAY
16. highest no. of opp seats

17. George blamed MM for the swing in the votes.
18. Wooden Goh scored many own goals.
19. Wooden Goh blamed empty Milo Tin for the poor results.

Rysk
09-05-11, 16:36

After property price up by 30-40%, you are saying you glad that you waited??
Are you expecting it a crash over 40% at Aljunied?
If you are not looking at 30-40% crash, then why you didn't buying it before it actually increase in price?

From the past, did Hougang price lowered by so much when is under WP?

ysyap
09-05-11, 16:44
After property price up by 30-40%, you are saying you glad that you waited??
Are you expecting it a crash over at Aljunied of over 40%?
If you are not looking at 30-40% crash, then why you didn't buying it before it actually increase in price?

From the past, did Hougang price lowered by so much when is under WP?Increased by this much, never decreased by this much....:D

proud owner
09-05-11, 16:51
17. George blamed MM for the swing in the votes.
18. Wooden Goh scored many own goals.
19. Wooden Goh blamed empty Milo Tin for the poor results.

ahahahahahha

is 19 true ? that he blames her for poor results ?

azeoprop
09-05-11, 17:00
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1127545/1/.html

GE: Tin Pei Ling "a factor" for weak results, says SM Goh

devilplate
09-05-11, 17:03
ahahahahahha

is 19 true ? that he blames her for poor results ?
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/tin-pei-ling-factor-weaker-performance-sm-goh-160414205.html

Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Senior+Minister+Goh+Chok+Tong&fr=fp-today&cs=bz) has admitted the negative publicity surrounding Tin Pei Ling (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-today&p=%2Btin+pei+ling&fr2=sp-qrw-orig-top&norw=1) was a factor to the People's Action Party's (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=People%27s+Action+Party&fr=fp-today&cs=bz) (PAP) weaker performance at Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency (GRC).

proud owner
09-05-11, 17:08
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/tin-pei-ling-factor-weaker-performance-sm-goh-160414205.html

Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Senior+Minister+Goh+Chok+Tong&fr=fp-today&cs=bz) has admitted the negative publicity surrounding Tin Pei Ling (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-today&p=%2Btin+pei+ling&fr2=sp-qrw-orig-top&norw=1) was a factor to the People's Action Party's (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=People%27s+Action+Party&fr=fp-today&cs=bz) (PAP) weaker performance at Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency (GRC).

hahahahah i think she should trade her Kate spade for a PMB ...

PMB = Pasar malam Bag ... plastic , white blue red stripes ...to cover her face

ysyap
09-05-11, 17:31

You are right. Alex Tan of RP in AMK GRC is indeed 23 years old. :sleep:

ysyap
09-05-11, 17:33
hahahahah i think she should trade her Kate spade for a PMB ...

PMB = Pasar malam Bag ... plastic , white blue red stripes ...to cover her faceMy take is she actually kana big time from new media and probably had contemplated thoughts about stepping down but maybe all the PAP politicians are advising her otherwise so she bo pian stay on lor... I'm sure she don't enjoy all the negative publicity she's receiving.... It takes guts to stay on!!! :spliff:

Regulators
09-05-11, 17:41
If TPL stays on despite negative criticisms by the whole country, this is not called guts, this is called having thick dinosaur skin :doh:

ysyap
09-05-11, 17:45
If TPL stays on despite negative criticisms by the whole country, this is not called guts, this is called having thick dinosaur skin :doh:HAHAHA!!! Having said that, think not everyone have that sort of thickness... so its still pretty impressive in its own rights! :banghead:

Regulators
09-05-11, 18:18
Yah so impressive that she belongs to a museum or a freak show
HAHAHA!!! Having said that, think not everyone have that sort of thickness... so its still pretty impressive in its own rights! :banghead:

wenqing
09-05-11, 18:39

I thought George Yeo ask PAP to transform the way it is governing and PM Lee also said the same thing ??

No more using threats, slanders, smearing and fears ??

CCR
09-05-11, 18:46
PM say he wants to hear us. So you think TinTin will resign?

wenqing
09-05-11, 18:46
If TPL stays on despite negative criticisms by the whole country, this is not called guts, this is called having thick dinosaur skin :doh:

TPL is a joke.

Look at her media interviews, response, past speeches, EQ, IQ, character, poise etc.

It is all below average and her type, Orchard Rd plenty of young girls like her.

I read other forums, and the younger generation she suppose to represent hates her.

But it is a fact she will earn 1 million ++ over 5 years as MP alone.

She will earn even more if PM Lee give her an office position in Civil Service.

It is urban legend that all PAP MPs are talented.

All her E&Y supervisors will have nightmares handling her new status.

Too hot a potato.

CCR
09-05-11, 19:02
So what is the best way to handle this? If she stay for five years, then leave, opposition will have a field day with her leaving... If she don't leave then she is going to be a liability for the whole pap... I don't believe she will suddenly be cool to the youth after five years... She will still be flame

wenqing
09-05-11, 19:17
So what is the best way to handle this? If she stay for five years, then leave, opposition will have a field day with her leaving... If she don't leave then she is going to be a liability for the whole pap... I don't believe she will suddenly be cool to the youth after five years... She will still be flame

PAP also headache.

Now reviewing the tea they use at Tea Parties.

PAP no choice but to stick with her and like SM Goh say, hopefully she improves.

If she does not and PAP still gets the feeling on ground, it is not sweet, she will step down.

Many PAP MPs had step down after only one term, it is not new. PAP will use this reason.

But next 5 years, her future is pretty secured.

She at least will HUAT for 5 years.

GRC system fault.

SMC, she sure lose.

Regulators
09-05-11, 19:18
This is what many people find it hard to believe, if a representative is to be chosen to represent the young people and majority of young people don't like her, isn't it a mockery
TPL is a joke.

Look at her media interviews, response, past speeches, EQ, IQ, character, poise etc.

It is all below average and her type, Orchard Rd plenty of young girls like her.

I read other forums, and the younger generation she suppose to represent hates her.

But it is a fact she will earn 1 million ++ over 5 years as MP alone.

She will earn even more if PM Lee give her an office position in Civil Service.

It is urban legend that all PAP MPs are talented.

All her E&Y supervisors will have nightmares handling her new status.

Too hot a potato.

CCR
09-05-11, 20:20
They field her in marine parade coz they have the largest under 30 voters, I read somewhere its about 28% of all the voters in marine parade, but they irony is that instead of swaying these voters to pap, I dare say almost all went to Nicole seah....

Regulators
09-05-11, 20:38
An mp should be a people's person, if so many people don't like her, how can she be a people's mp? Pap has the mandate of only 60% of the country, but TPL has the mandate of only the people who fielded her in, like that where got justification :doh:
They field her in marine parade coz they have the largest under 30 voters, I read somewhere its about 28% of all the voters in marine parade, but they irony is that instead of swaying these voters to pap, I dare say almost all went to Nicole seah....

CCR
09-05-11, 21:01
Good point... Never think of it that way.... Guess it's another constraint of the GRC system....

Regulators
09-05-11, 21:15
Only singapore this stupid grc system. With this system, no guarantee that all representatives are up to scratch and it runs the risk of having low calibre people like TPL in the parliament.
Good point... Never think of it that way.... Guess it's another constraint of the GRC system....

Geylang OKT
09-05-11, 22:06
confirm drop till buay jin chu!:D :D :D

can ask for 50% discount? :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D