PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Center at Khatib?

richwang
08-05-11, 20:49
My newly elected MP Lee has sent out an SMS asking for suggestions. She has a track record to get the Khatib Lift approved after many tries. So I am thinking of a big ticket item: Shopping Center!
If we look at Tampinese and Semei. There is a small shopping center at Semei. So we could have big shopping center at Yishun, and small shopping center at Khatib. In particular, Estuary, Canopy and (maybe) Greenwich are coming.
We can use the concept of Boon Lay or 10 Miles, to build shopping center on the lower levels, and a high rise condo on top.
May I ask your views? Is it commercially feasible?

Thanks,
Richard

spikey69
08-05-11, 20:58
North point is already there in the vicinity with Sembawang Shopping Centre....which part of Khatib?

kingkong1984
08-05-11, 21:00
Dun waste time lah, the bus interchange is the biggest shopping center to be in Yishun

mantrix
08-05-11, 21:30
Poor richard - good intentions but kena shot down :(

Simply put - those with vested interests will want one, those without either neutral or against loh

But Lee Bee Wah smart - she knows she has 5 years to do something constructive before next GE unlike last time when all she needed to do was to sack table-tennis coaches :D

azeoprop
08-05-11, 22:55
There is a big piece of empty land next to khatib city where they always do pasar malam. Maybe can build a mall and condo there haa haa. :p

kingkong1984
08-05-11, 23:05
There is a big piece of empty land next to khatib city where they always do pasar malam. Maybe can build a mall and condo there haa haa. :p
Wahahaha, beside 8 courtyards better

Xan
08-05-11, 23:48
I don't mind a shopping centre at khatib...but best is near miltonia that stretch....instead of seeing pple playing soccer at the field. Given the fact that jade spring, vista resident and miltonia folks might find it useful...hehe

Komo
09-05-11, 06:58
North point looks crowded already. Khatib population also rising. About time to have a new shopping centre in this area. Maybe should replace the stadium with one:D

mantrix
09-05-11, 07:52
North point looks crowded already. Khatib population also rising. About time to have a new shopping centre in this area. Maybe should replace the stadium with one:D

Estuary and orchid park owners will rejoice but too bad for those who like the track and rallies

proud owner
09-05-11, 08:35
guys where exactly is Khatib ?

Komo
09-05-11, 08:49
8cys already have shops:D u only need 1 7-11 and 1 shop selling white mee hoon:D

Komo
09-05-11, 08:55
8cys already have their own hops:D u only need 1 7-11 and 1 shop selling white mee hoon:D

mantrix
09-05-11, 10:07

It's the station between Yio Chu Kang and Yishun. Near to Chong Pang city.

spikey69
09-05-11, 10:08

Sandwiched between Sembawang Airbase and Yishun housing estate (actually can be considered part of Yishun 'South'). Centred on Khatib camp and MRT. A branch of Bottle Tree is also situated in the vicinity.

proud owner
09-05-11, 10:10
Sandwiched between Sembawang Airbase and Yishun housing estate (actually can be considered part of Yishun 'South'). Centred on Khatib camp and MRT. A branch of Bottle Tree is also situated in the vicinity.

are there many HDBs there ?

so its like one side of the MRT track ? with Yishun on the opposite side ?

i used to drive along thomson road .... passing the khatib camp ... its like more Camp-ish then HDB-ish

mantrix
09-05-11, 10:27
are there many HDBs there ?

so its like one side of the MRT track ? with Yishun on the opposite side ?

i used to drive along thomson road .... passing the khatib camp ... its like more Camp-ish then HDB-ish

That's considered sembawang area. The HDBs in vicinity of Yishun stadium and the MRT are considered Khatib - they have a little town there opp the MRT...

azeoprop
09-05-11, 10:35
That's considered sembawang area. The HDBs in vicinity of Yishun stadium and the MRT are considered Khatib - they have a little town there opp the MRT...

That little town last time got nothing much one, about 10yrs ago they built a small block of HDB just to house a ntuc fairprice. The old ABC supermarket now became sheng song. But some stuffs are cheaper at CK department store. :D

devilplate
09-05-11, 10:59
just demand a Shopping mall!

if they nvr fulfil all ur wishes within the next 5yrs! JUST VOTE OPPOSITION!!!!!!

:D :D :D

proud owner
09-05-11, 11:05
just demand a Shopping mall!

if they nvr fulfil all ur wishes within the next 5yrs! JUST VOTE OPPOSITION!!!!!!

hhhmmm

if i live there .. i wotn want a shopping mall ...

prefer just a super market ...

AND .... REMOVE THE SPEED CAMERA

devilplate
09-05-11, 11:08
hhhmmm

if i live there .. i wotn want a shopping mall ...

prefer just a super market ...

AND .... REMOVE THE SPEED CAMERA

main problem for tat area is traffic jams

demand govt to disallow PR/foreigners from buying cars!

only citizens r allowed!

proud owner
09-05-11, 11:13

only citizens r allowed!

cannot

if they cannot buy car ... they will take MRT .... thats another problem area too ... so crowded MRT train ... talk so loud ..

i ever saw a mainlander brushed a sporean girl aside just to see what station it was ...

so ban PR foreigner from buying car, or taking train ..

can only buy bicycle ...

afterall mainlanders and ang moh all like to ride bike right ????? :) :)

devilplate
09-05-11, 11:15
cannot

if they cannot buy car ... they will take MRT .... thats another problem area too ... so crowded MRT train ... talk so loud ..

i ever saw a mainlander brushed a sporean girl aside just to see what station it was ...

can only buy bicycle ...

charge them $50 buck for MRT.....see whether they will guai guai ride bicycle anot:D

proud owner
09-05-11, 11:16
cannot

can only buy bicycle ...

ok ok enuff nonsense leow

scarly i kana arrested for trying to 'un-unite' the people ...

commoners like us ... say anything that can touches abit on races, religions ..etc can be arrested ..

we are not LKY .... can openly published in books and yet the police never arrest him and interogate him ...

strange hor ?

so double standard

devilplate
09-05-11, 11:18
ok ok enuff nonsense leow

scarly i kana arrested for trying to 'un-unite' the people ...

commoners like us ... say anything that can touches abit on races, religions ..etc can be arrested ..

we are not LKY .... can openly published in books and yet the police never arrest him and interogate him ...

strange hor ?

so double standard

they can detain u w/o trial:scared-5:

proud owner
09-05-11, 11:23
they can detain u w/o trial:scared-5:

ya lor

how come our police force never call him up to drink kopi ?

by right the police force should be independent ...

something is not right there too

VIOTE FOR OPP to set the police force right

:) :) :)

yyly1327
09-05-11, 12:01
Thomson Line to interchange at Yishun Mrt station, or open up the reserve mrt station NS12, better then having another shopping mall...:D :D

solsys
09-05-11, 12:58
There are a few empty plots of land around Sembawang, Canberra, Yishun areas.... Next 5 years will be interesting for North, especially with Yishun being another hub with the revamp project.

Btw, there seems to be a lot of excavation, construction works just outside Sembawang Airbase..... next to Bottle Tree....

Any idea what they are doing there?

mantrix
09-05-11, 13:05
There are a few empty plots of land around Sembawang, Canberra, Yishun areas.... Next 5 years will be interesting for North, especially with Yishun being another hub with the revamp project.

Btw, there seems to be a lot of excavation, construction works just outside Sembawang Airbase..... next to Bottle Tree....

Any idea what they are doing there?

the next IR!!! Nah - I have information they are building a fish farm there

Komo
09-05-11, 13:50
the next IR!!! Nah - I have information they are building a fish farm there
Fish farm a waste right? I thought there will be ec or condo?:DI think bottletree is sitting on a "goldmine".

mantrix
09-05-11, 14:08
Fish farm a waste right? I thought there will be ec or condo?:DI think bottletree is sitting on a "goldmine".

Yah loh...should build something like a Dempsey hill there :)
They can build a condo within Bottletree and call it Greenwich 2 :D

sgpprop
10-05-11, 12:19
Hm think this place is just goodfor a regional centre for table tennis n a mega kopitiam for the kopi Sohs to mingle n build grassroots network togarner even strong votes for the next 5 years....in the name of kampong spirit ....
Poor richard - good intentions but kena shot down :(

Simply put - those with vested interests will want one, those without either neutral or against loh

But Lee Bee Wah smart - she knows she has 5 years to do something constructive before next GE unlike last time when all she needed to do was to sack table-tennis coaches :D

ysyap
10-05-11, 12:29

only citizens r allowed!

:D :D :DThe entrance into Khatib from CTE is a nightmare during peak hours.. worse than CTE or PIE :scared-1:. MP Lim should tackle this problem first...

lifeablast
10-05-11, 13:36
Yes, I agree Lentor Avenue sometime will be jam if there is accident or vehicle breakdown. Other than that, only slow moving at peak hours. I've been living in Khatib for 16years. I love this place because :

(1) Khatib is not as crowded as for example Tao Payoh.
(2) From my flat, by walking 5mins to MRT, 8min to stadium/Safra/park reservoir, 10min to public pool & KTP hospital, 15min to Northpoint. Driving less than 5min to all these places.
(3) In 1min are NTUC 24hours, Sin Sheong with its fresh seafood section, McDonald, a pizza shop, 3 foodcentres/kopitiam, market, clinics and shops.
(4) There are a few schools around here with 3-10mins (I don't have kids so cannot recall the names)
(5) My hdb flat is unblocked both front and back. Close to amneties but do not get the noise as separated by a the short flat that housed the NTUC, the flat is spacious with 9.5feet high ceiling. The only thing that distress me is the stupid roof work upgrading which caused the ceiling to leak, complained to Bee Wah and finally been fixed.

This is the view of the firework show at the field in front of Khatib MRT from my window http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNbcCmWMBJI

Thus a condo for me is for investment purpose.

mantrix
10-05-11, 15:07
Yes, I agree Lentor Avenue sometime will be jam if there is accident or vehicle breakdown. Other than that, only slow moving at peak hours. I've been living in Khatib for 16years. I love this place because :

(1) Khatib is not as crowded as for example Tao Payoh.
(2) From my flat, by walking 5mins to MRT, 8min to stadium/Safra/park reservoir, 10min to public pool & KTP hospital, 15min to Northpoint. Driving less than 5min to all these places.
(3) In 1min are NTUC 24hours, Sin Sheong with its fresh seafood section, McDonald, a pizza shop, 3 foodcentres/kopitiam, market, clinics and shops.
(4) There are a few schools around here with 3-10mins (I don't have kids so cannot recall the names)
(5) My hdb flat is unblocked both front and back. Close to amneties but do not get the noise as separated by a the short flat that housed the NTUC, the flat is spacious with 9.5feet high ceiling. The only thing that distress me is the stupid roof work upgrading which caused the ceiling to leak, complained to Bee Wah and finally been fixed.

This is the view of the firework show at the field in front of Khatib MRT from my window http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNbcCmWMBJI

Thus a condo for me is for investment purpose.

nice view you've got there...so you are investing in Estuary? That's the nearest condo near your place? Or waiting for the new condo to be launched next to Shaugnessy? :cool:

wind30
11-05-11, 23:05
The entrance into Khatib from CTE is a nightmare during peak hours.. worse than CTE or PIE :scared-1:. MP Lim should tackle this problem first...

yup crazy lah.

I NEVER understood why PAP never fix that. That road jam like nobody's business and it is very easy to widen. Both sides is empty land.

Should have done it like 5 years ago.

azeoprop
11-05-11, 23:21
Yah loh, now that Yishun's population is expending, some of the blk4xx bto have top liaoz. Many many more bto building now. Plus that hospital. Lentor ave and the SLE links need to expand.

:doh:

solsys
11-05-11, 23:31
Very soon Simpang NS12 MRT will be up if yishun gets even more congested.

My guess is it will be built on the plot near Sapphire, providing ease of transport to yishun residents, light industries and future Simpang town ( LRT to be built and link to NS12.

My guess is 2016-2020 but might be earlier with the north population rising rapidly.

Komo
11-05-11, 23:39
I believe a good bet is an LRT will materialize. The feeder bus service there really sucks. I hope don't have to wait for the next election.

lifeablast
13-05-11, 02:06
nice view you've got there...so you are investing in Estuary? That's the nearest condo near your place? Or waiting for the new condo to be launched next to Shaugnessy? :cool:

i missed the boat for estuary :banghead: . have book 8CY :(. now also want to check out this miltonia, drove past 2 days ago, they still setting the show room.

i read before that you guys discuss that the khatib stadium going to re-locate, is this going to happen? definitely will affect estuary in the future is this is true, as we don't know what will come up in that site later.

mantrix
13-05-11, 07:47
i missed the boat for estuary :banghead: . have book 8CY :(. now also want to check out this miltonia, drove past 2 days ago, they still setting the show room.

i read before that you guys discuss that the khatib stadium going to re-locate, is this going to happen? definitely will affect estuary in the future is this is true, as we don't know what will come up in that site later.

Wow you are cash rich yah - 40% DP for 8CY and now for Miltonia... :D

They may build a sportshub around the stadium instead! See what the PAP has in store loh

solsys
13-05-11, 09:09
yup crazy lah.

I NEVER understood why PAP never fix that. That road jam like nobody's business and it is very easy to widen. Both sides is empty land.

Should have done it like 5 years ago.

If you look at Master Plan, Yishun Ave 7 will become alternative key artery for yishun residents to commute to CTE and TPE. ( believe should be via Seletar Hub, thus relieving some stress for Lentor Ave, i.e exit to Khatib.

Komo
13-05-11, 21:24
Wow you are cash rich yah - 40% DP for 8CY and now for Miltonia... :D

They may build a sportshub around the stadium instead! See what the PAP has in store loh
it's certainly due for "upgrading" if not shifted to elsewhere.
Should pull down and rebuild into a space age sports hub and comes with shops, cafe, supermarket and not forgetting a toto outlet!:D

mantrix
13-05-11, 21:45
it's certainly due for "upgrading" if not shifted to elsewhere.
Should pull down and rebuild into a space age sports hub and comes with shops, cafe, supermarket and not forgetting a toto outlet!:D

Agree! Or they should build the 3rd IR around it! :D

:hornybastard:

solsys
13-05-11, 22:33
Agree! Or they should build the 3rd IR around it! :D

:hornybastard:

Lol, along with china mei mei too?

kingkong1984
13-05-11, 22:38
Lol, along with china mei mei too?
Might as well say put Disney land there :doh:

You should be happy if they dun make it another mandai cremetorium.