Geylang OKT
11-05-11, 00:04
Looks like my chicken farms :D :D :D

bargain hunter
11-05-11, 00:09
http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/viento/VientoEbrochure.pdf

kaizhe
11-05-11, 18:39
new high listing price for geylang even lorong! how u guys think? melosa, la fleur, la brisa, casa aerata, water edge, royce should be happy to see this!

devilplate
11-05-11, 18:52
new high listing price for geylang even lorong! how u guys think? melosa, la fleur, la brisa, casa aerata, water edge, royce should be happy to see this!
Launch oredi? Got agt quote from 4xxk wor:beats-me-man:

kaizhe
11-05-11, 23:30

maybe next week..2 agents quoted me all above 500k? same developer as melosa and la fleur

Akira Fudou
20-05-11, 13:34
Saw an ad in PG, 721sqft selling at $8XXk... thats $1200psf... am i missing something? Geylang revamp?

Lovelle
22-05-11, 14:02

good deal right ? why u frown..

irisng
26-05-11, 08:22
Does anybody know how is the sales so far?:confused:

bargain hunter
15-07-11, 15:39
only sold a total of 10 out of 48 as at end june.

Does anybody know how is the sales so far?:confused:

Geylang OKT
16-07-11, 09:14
if you can pay 900k for a unit in the suburbs (no vice), are you sure you want to pay 800k in geylang in the first place? :D

irisng
16-07-11, 12:00
if you can pay 900k for a unit in the suburbs (no vice), are you sure you want to pay 800k in geylang in the first place? :D

Is suburbs 99LH or FH? As what I know, as times go by, the price for the LH will drop, not sure about the FH.

Most people already have the mindset that Geylang is not a good place to stay, that might be one of the reasons why Geylang ppty prices are cheaper than those FH in the city fringe. Different people have different thinking. Some people simply don't mind about the area because they like the location and also lots of eateries around. Some people prefer to pay higher price to stay somewhere else or ulu area (with an affordable price), I think, the main reason is the vice.

I wonder when a man walks alone on a street, will the vice approach him for the business or it is the other way round that the man has to go over to the vice for a "discussion". As for a decent lady who walks alone on the street, will the man approach this lady for the service?

I still think that lots of things depend on the individual. A responsible man will not easily "submit to temptation" if they already have a girlfriend or wife. If they really want to do so, don't need to go to Geylang, they can find another lady friend and commit adultery also.

Think about it, Geylang red light area is in such a good location, it is also very convenience and easy for the vice to travel to nearby areas (eg Paya Lebar, Kallang, Marine Parade etc) to attract customers. Actually what is the purpose of setting up a red light area, for the foreign construction workers or to give the Singaporeans a chance to commit adultery easily given such a convenience location?

evergreen
16-07-11, 16:46
The problem with buying a Geylang apartment isn't so much what you get on the street but what you get in your apartment building. How do you know your building isn't going to be converted into workers' quarters? You just need a few owners to rent out to workers and the price of your apartment will drop. :scared-3: Some of those apartments go for 6xx PSF! Why should you pay double for your apartment there?

irisng
16-07-11, 17:02
The problem with buying a Geylang apartment isn't so much what you get on the street but what you get in your apartment building. How do you know your building isn't going to be converted into workers' quarters? You just need a few owners to rent out to workers and the price of your apartment will drop. :scared-3: Some of those apartments go for 6xx PSF! Why should you pay double for your apartment there?

If everybody thinks like that, nobody wants to buy, then why the developers still want to bid for the lands there (maybe one of the reasons is cheap) but it seems that more and more apartments are coming up, they are not afraid that they cannot sell meh? Or is it that they know something which we do not know?:beats-me-man:

irisng
16-07-11, 17:29
In fact, I'm more afraid of Little India (I think is at Desker Road), so many Indian foreign workers gather there at night (all black black). I heard there are vice over there too. If I'm not wrong, Chinatown, Orchard Towers, Balestier also have, but why not much people mention about it and it seems that Geylang is the main topic for such talk.:scared-3:

DC33_2008
16-07-11, 18:22
Red light districts are found in most countries. It is better to have them otherwise there will be more rape and molest cases in Singapore. Ladies will be worried.
Is suburbs 99LH or FH? As what I know, as times go by, the price for the LH will drop, not sure about the FH.

Most people already have the mindset that Geylang is not a good place to stay, that might be one of the reasons why Geylang ppty prices are cheaper than those FH in the city fringe. Different people have different thinking. Some people simply don't mind about the area because they like the location and also lots of eateries around. Some people prefer to pay higher price to stay somewhere else or ulu area (with an affordable price), I think, the main reason is the vice.

I wonder when a man walks alone on a street, will the vice approach him for the business or it is the other way round that the man has to go over to the vice for a "discussion". As for a decent lady who walks alone on the street, will the man approach this lady for the service?

I still think that lots of things depend on the individual. A responsible man will not easily "submit to temptation" if they already have a girlfriend or wife. If they really want to do so, don't need to go to Geylang, they can find another lady friend and commit adultery also.

Think about it, Geylang red light area is in such a good location, it is also very convenience and easy for the vice to travel to nearby areas (eg Paya Lebar, Kallang, Marine Parade etc) to attract customers. Actually what is the purpose of setting up a red light area, for the foreign construction workers or to give the Singaporeans a chance to commit adultery easily given such a convenience location?

evergreen
16-07-11, 22:22
In fact, I'm more afraid of Little India (I think is at Desker Road), so many Indian foreign workers gather there at night (all black black). I heard there are vice over there too. If I'm not wrong, Chinatown, Orchard Towers, Balestier also have, but why not much people mention about it and it seems that Geylang is the main topic for such talk.:scared-3:

Ya, Desker road is well-known! Add Joo Chiat to your list too. I guess there are more foreign worker condo-turned-dormitary in Geylang and higher concentration of activities there.

Red light districts are found in most countries. It is better to have them otherwise there will be more rape and molest cases in Singapore. Ladies will be worried.

There will be such activities whether or not there's a red light district. Actually, rapists and molesters are a different class of sex - lowest class! They don't get off if the person is willing. They only enjoy it when the victim is tormented.

irisng
16-07-11, 23:23
[quote=evergreen]Ya, Desker road is well-known! Add Joo Chiat to your list too. I guess there are more foreign worker condo-turned-dormitary in Geylang and higher concentration of activities there.

Why must it be Geylang that turn into dormitary and not Desker Road or elsewhere? It is not fair to say that as this will affect those Geylang investor. :tsk-tsk:

evergreen
17-07-11, 12:48
[quote=evergreen]Ya, Desker road is well-known! Add Joo Chiat to your list too. I guess there are more foreign worker condo-turned-dormitary in Geylang and higher concentration of activities there.

Why must it be Geylang that turn into dormitary and not Desker Road or elsewhere? It is not fair to say that as this will affect those Geylang investor. :tsk-tsk:

But to mention it would be fair to those who are considering Geylang properties, no? ;)

Anyway, I don't think they rely solely on what they read. They just need to take a walk in the area and they'll know it themselves.

irisng
17-07-11, 14:06
[quote=irisng]

But to mention it would be fair to those who are considering Geylang properties, no? ;)

Anyway, I don't think they rely solely on what they read. They just need to take a walk in the area and they'll know it themselves.

I think some of the comments/compliments will more or less have some influence on the buyers thinking though not wholly. If not, KBW will not ask the public to contribute their views in housing.

IMHO, I think it is better not to comment too much or give so many negative remarks on other people's ppty, if the buyer is really interested in that ppty, they will go and explore the area themselves, then they will know whether do they feel comfortable with it or not. :p Imagine if you are the owner or developers of the ppty, will you like people to comment on your ppty until it is not worth a single cents? Then in the end, people will try to avoid that area like a plague. :tsk-tsk:

cmchong77
17-07-11, 14:29
I just moved into the Geylang neighborhood, one of the few who bought a unit to stay. I observe that most of my neighbors are foreigners. Most of them don't drive, so they take a bus along Guillemard rd, or MRT (Paya Lebar) or call for taxi which comes into the basement carpark. The carpark is usually not full, even the ones next to the lift. I used to have to drive to the 6th floor of the MSCP to park, so this is really a big convenience. The pool is nice and quiet most of the time. Most people who buy here are renting out .. I can always see movers at the entrance, property agents waiting near the pool. For me, I like the central location - can drive to Suntec in 10 mins flat. My place is freehold with good sized facilities. My only gripe is with the Upper Paya Lebar Rd jammed up with cars trying filter into Ubi during peak time.

evergreen
17-07-11, 14:36
[quote=evergreen]

I think some of the comments/compliments will more or less have some influence on the buyers thinking though not wholly. If not, KBW will not ask the public to contribute their views in housing.

IMHO, I think it is better not to comment too much or give so many negative remarks on other people's ppty, if the buyer is really interested in that ppty, they will go and explore the area themselves, then they will know whether do they feel comfortable with it or not. :p Imagine if you are the owner or developers of the ppty, will you like people to comment on your ppty until it is not worth a single cents? Then in the end, people will try to avoid that area like a plague. :tsk-tsk:
That means we cannot say negative things but can say positive things? Like you mentioned, if people are really interested they will find out for themselves. You overestimate the influence of forum talk. How many percent of home owners are in this forum anyway?

irisng
17-07-11, 14:56
[quote=irisng]
That means we cannot say negative things but can say positive things? Like you mentioned, if people are really interested they will find out for themselves. You overestimate the influence of forum talk. How many percent of home owners are in this forum anyway?

It is not that we cannot say negative things but to certain extent. Did you read one of the forum page here, I couldn't remember which one. The discussions done here was being extracted and published in the newspaper. So it is up to the public to justify. :cool:

evergreen
17-07-11, 16:17
I read about that.
Cmchong77 is happy with his condo. He is free to express his opinion too.
One man's meat is another man's poison. I think it is best to say all the bad things so that people are aware of the risk and buy with their eyes wide open. It is no secret that banks don't always agree to finance Geylang properties. If buyers don't know that they might end up losing their deposit if they can't proceed with the purchase due to lack of financing. That would be sad!:(

irisng
18-07-11, 21:47
I just moved into the Geylang neighborhood, one of the few who bought a unit to stay. I observe that most of my neighbors are foreigners. Most of them don't drive, so they take a bus along Guillemard rd, or MRT (Paya Lebar) or call for taxi which comes into the basement carpark. The carpark is usually not full, even the ones next to the lift. I used to have to drive to the 6th floor of the MSCP to park, so this is really a big convenience. The pool is nice and quiet most of the time. Most people who buy here are renting out .. I can always see movers at the entrance, property agents waiting near the pool. For me, I like the central location - can drive to Suntec in 10 mins flat. My place is freehold with good sized facilities. My only gripe is with the Upper Paya Lebar Rd jammed up with cars trying filter into Ubi during peak time.

Is it Atrium? It seems that Atrium is in good demand. Those people who bought it direct from the developer about 3-4 yrs back are sitting on a paper gain now. Now Geylang ppty price has gone up quite a lot but somehow still cheaper than those FH in the city fringe.

http://sgproptalk.blogspot.com/2010/10/looking-for-affordable-freehold.html

I too found that Geylang is actually not that bad as I think initially. I went down on one of the Saturday evening at 9pm to explore the area for about an hour. In between the lorongs, there are 2 sides, one side is Guillermard Road which is very quiet & peaceful (towards Dakota MRT & big food centre) while the other side is the Geylang Road (towards Aljunied MRT) which is very busy, partly because there are lots of eateries also. It seems that it was more busy from the lower lorongs. We started from Lorong 24 (activities going on) but found that from Lorong 24A onwards, it was very quiet. So I think it should be okay for the upper Lorongs, starting from Lorong 26. As long as the vice/customers don't harrass you, I think it should be fine. :cool:

cmchong77
18-07-11, 22:38
Is it Atrium? It seems that Atrium is in good demand. Those people who bought it direct from the developer about 3-4 yrs back are sitting on a paper gain now. Now Geylang ppty price has gone up quite a lot but somehow still cheaper than those FH in the city fringe.

http://sgproptalk.blogspot.com/2010/10/looking-for-affordable-freehold.html

I too found that Geylang is actually not that bad as I think initially. I went down on one of the Saturday evening at 9pm to explore the area for about an hour. In between the lorongs, there are 2 sides, one side is Guillermard Road which is very quiet & peaceful (towards Dakota MRT & big food centre) while the other side is the Geylang Road (towards Aljunied MRT) which is very busy, partly because there are lots of eateries also. It seems that it was more busy from the lower lorongs. We started from Lorong 24 (activities going on) but found that from Lorong 24A onwards, it was very quiet. So I think it should be okay for the upper Lorongs, starting from Lorong 26. As long as the vice/customers don't harrass you, I think it should be fine. :cool:

No, not Atrium. Mine is already 6 years old, bought resale in early 2010 with tenancy. That time was still less than $800psf and I was looking at several areas including Balestier, West Coast Rd and Telok Kurau. I found my current place which met all my requirements at a lower price. Geylang is actually not that bad, the biggest problem is the "less than prestigious" address. For some people, it is the "face" factor. I am just glad that i'm not crawling on the CTE and PIE these days. Lots of eateries, 7-11 and ATMs at the petrol stations .. totally different from living in a HDB. My place is accessible via both Guillemard and Geylang, this is an important consideration as Geylang can be quite busy.

irisng
19-07-11, 00:15
No, not Atrium. Mine is already 6 years old, bought resale in early 2010 with tenancy. That time was still less than $800psf and I was looking at several areas including Balestier, West Coast Rd and Telok Kurau. I found my current place which met all my requirements at a lower price. Geylang is actually not that bad, the biggest problem is the "less than prestigious" address. For some people, it is the "face" factor. I am just glad that i'm not crawling on the CTE and PIE these days. Lots of eateries, 7-11 and ATMs at the petrol stations .. totally different from living in a HDB. My place is accessible via both Guillemard and Geylang, this is an important consideration as Geylang can be quite busy.

You are lucky to buy it earlier. Nowadays, the prices for new launch Geylang apartments have gone up to about $1,xxx psf.

Agree, it is totally different when you drive out and turn into the Guillemard Road to the town area than using the Geylang Road, which the traffic is more heavy because lots of cars are parking along the sides and most of the eateries are packed with people for their "yummy yummy" food.

There was once during the National Day Preview, when we drove passed the Geylang Road, the traffic was heavy, so naturally our car had to slow down, then surprisingly, we saw the fireworks, it looked so near.:cool:

Geylang OKT
19-07-11, 07:07
My china mei mei all love you :D :D :D

cmchong77
22-07-11, 16:14
You are lucky to buy it earlier. Nowadays, the prices for new launch Geylang apartments have gone up to about $1,xxx psf.

Agree, it is totally different when you drive out and turn into the Guillemard Road to the town area than using the Geylang Road, which the traffic is more heavy because lots of cars are parking along the sides and most of the eateries are packed with people for their "yummy yummy" food.

There was once during the National Day Preview, when we drove passed the Geylang Road, the traffic was heavy, so naturally our car had to slow down, then surprisingly, we saw the fireworks, it looked so near.:cool:

Did some research on the surrounding area since I'm already living here .. I hope the traffic situation doesn't get worse. Major activities below -

Jan 2011 - UOL Group has acquired Lion City Hotel, a freehold property at the junction of Tanjong Katong Road and Geylang Road, for S$313 million. The company says the site may be redeveloped as a commercial-cum-residential development. The site includes the former Hollywood Theatre which is located next to the hotel.

Apr 2011 - Land Parcel between Paya Lebar Rd/Eunos Rd 8 - The top offer – a bullish $586 million – was lodged by a consortium of property group Low Keng Huat, Guthrie GTS and Sun Venture Commercial. The precinct has about 12ha available for development and a potential commercial floor space of more than five million sq ft in total.

June 2011 - 2nd commercial site at Sims Avenue/Tanjong Katong Road. The 2.07 ha site, which can generate about 87,000 sqm of GFA, is envisioned to be good-quality mixed-use development comprising office, hotel and retail uses.

irisng
23-07-11, 15:35
Did some research on the surrounding area since I'm already living here .. I hope the traffic situation doesn't get worse. Major activities below -

Jan 2011 - UOL Group has acquired Lion City Hotel, a freehold property at the junction of Tanjong Katong Road and Geylang Road, for S$313 million. The company says the site may be redeveloped as a commercial-cum-residential development. The site includes the former Hollywood Theatre which is located next to the hotel.

Apr 2011 - Land Parcel between Paya Lebar Rd/Eunos Rd 8 - The top offer – a bullish $586 million – was lodged by a consortium of property group Low Keng Huat, Guthrie GTS and Sun Venture Commercial. The precinct has about 12ha available for development and a potential commercial floor space of more than five million sq ft in total.

June 2011 - 2nd commercial site at Sims Avenue/Tanjong Katong Road. The 2.07 ha site, which can generate about 87,000 sqm of GFA, is envisioned to be good-quality mixed-use development comprising office, hotel and retail uses.

This are actually good news, thanks for sharing. I hope with all these new developments, it will help to bring up the popularity of the properties around that areas including Geylang. :ashamed1:

irisng
23-07-11, 16:02
My china mei mei all love you :D :D :D

Wow, your mei mei are all very lucky.

Why?

Singapore land is very precious because of its scarcity, now foreigners are not allowed to buy landed ppty in Singapore (it needs to seek approval) and yet your mei mei have the privilege of doing their "business" in such a good location (lots of eateries and convenience transport system). In future, when all the surroundings developments have completed with more and more people coming in these areas, then your mei mei will "huat" ah, but it will indirectly break up some people's happy family / good relationship. Then don't know what the Singapore will become by then, maybe reputation will be affected.:banghead:

DC33_2008
23-07-11, 17:22
The old hen will breed more chicks and infest the whole area. :scared-4:
Wow, your mei mei are all very lucky.

Why?

Singapore land is very precious because of its scarcity, now foreigners are not allowed to buy landed ppty in Singapore (it needs to seek approval) and yet your mei mei have the privilege of doing their "business" in such a good location (lots of eateries and convenience transport system). In future, when all the surroundings developments have completed with more and more people coming in these areas, then your mei mei will "huat" ah, but it will indirectly break up some people's happy family / good relationship. Then don't know what the Singapore will become by then, maybe reputation will be affected.:banghead:

kingkong1984
23-07-11, 21:07
Y never sold out?

irisng
24-07-11, 14:44
The old hen will breed more chicks and infest the whole area. :scared-4:

Aiya, won't lah. No parents will want their children to follow their bad footsteps, they are also human beings. Most likely they will try to provide education for their children hoping that they have a better future. Actually think about it, the vice are quite pitiful, have to entertain all sorts of people irregardless of their sizes, skin tone, outlook, smell. But unfortunately, this type of job is not acceptable by most people. Why don't they try to find a more decent job, although salary might not be as good as this job but at least it won't be looked down by most of the people. :(

Actually think about it, when you are inside the MRT, sitting at the bus-stop, watching movie, at the food court, or even join a tour, you won't know whether the person next to you is a vice or not, so actually vice is not that frightening, they are also normal people like us, the only difference is their job.

I'm just curious, what type of citizenship are the vice holding? PR, social visit or work permit?

fafalulu
24-07-11, 22:00
Aiya, won't lah. No parents will want their children to follow their bad footsteps, they are also human beings. Most likely they will try to provide education for their children hoping that they have a better future. Actually think about it, the vice are quite pitiful, have to entertain all sorts of people irregardless of their sizes, skin tone, outlook, smell. But unfortunately, this type of job is not acceptable by most people. Why don't they try to find a more decent job, although salary might not be as good as this job but at least it won't be looked down by most of the people. :(

Actually think about it, when you are inside the MRT, sitting at the bus-stop, watching movie, at the food court, or even join a tour, you won't know whether the person next to you is a vice or not, so actually vice is not that frightening, they are also normal people like us, the only difference is their job.

I'm just curious, what type of citizenship are the vice holding? PR, social visit or work permit?

there is vice permit, valid for 2 years:)

irisng
25-07-11, 08:32
there is vice permit, valid for 2 years:)

Oh, surprisingly, 1st time heard of it, that means vice in another way also contribute their effort to the society, otherwise why is there such a special permit. Some people ever mentioned that without vice, there will be more rape case, so is it that we should actually thank the vice for helping us to reduce the crime rate but it directly also creates another problem for some family. :cool:

hopeful
25-07-11, 09:13

Have you read the book superfreakonomics?
There is a section there on prostituion.
even among commercial sex workers, there are the elites and the masses.
As with any profession, the elites earn much more than masses, disproportionately so :)

bargain hunter
15-08-11, 13:26
3 more sold bringing total to 12 out of 48.

Geylang OKT
15-08-11, 15:59
Have you read the book superfreakonomics?
There is a section there on prostituion.
even among commercial sex workers, there are the elites and the masses.
As with any profession, the elites earn much more than masses, disproportionately so :)

You must mean my ang pai girls :D :D :D

bargain hunter
15-09-11, 13:02
2 more units sold. total 13 out of 48 units sold.

ecimbew
06-10-11, 16:56
Received SMS. 3% stamp duty is absorbed.

phantom_opera
06-10-11, 17:35
Actually Regal 35 is not bad, about 800psf only

hyenergix
06-10-11, 17:45
Received SMS. 3% stamp duty is absorbed.

10% discount also not advisable to buy, unless you have targetting to rent out to the workers there, by the hour.

Geylang OKT
07-10-11, 23:40
10% discount also not advisable to buy, unless you have targetting to rent out to the workers there, by the hour.

I am waiting with bated breath :D

anythingwhatever
12-06-12, 18:37
Updates in June 2012:

Construction has began but progress seemed to be slow...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ByyL7d-Rah8/T9cUDJPpboI/AAAAAAAAAtw/QTCW9GbowMU/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Viento%2520%2540%2520Geylang%2520-%25201.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-T5R0QDz3jwo/T9cUDW59YPI/AAAAAAAAAt0/zGg02zSUz1E/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Viento%2520%2540%2520Geylang%2520-%25202.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mDqnW5XOcD0/T9cUDRF6BMI/AAAAAAAAAt4/hQdEPz4GJfU/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Viento%2520%2540%2520Geylang%2520-%25203.jpg

anythingwhatever
03-09-12, 16:13
Sep-2012: 3 months on, construction has moved very fast, 2 storeys are completed now as compared to none in June...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MgIIW1JNhlM/UERl-c9asII/AAAAAAAABKM/7K9PkUbYhhE/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Viento%2520%2540%2520Geylang%2520-%2520Sep%25202012%2520-%25201.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ZuY-aWivxZU/UERl_xnVtGI/AAAAAAAABKU/2RN-nhirnuI/s800/Lor%252030%2520-%2520Viento%2520%2540%2520Geylang%2520-%2520Sep%25202012%2520-%25202.jpg

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 14:35
Fast hand fast leg finish in one year........

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/3/f/5/f/3f5f0537167502_1_V550.jpg
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/8/b/a/d/8badad37167493_1_V550.jpg
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/6/0/8/0/60807737167494_1_V550.jpg
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/a/5/8/2/a582b937167496_1_V550.jpg
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/6/3/6/6/63666637210607_1_V550.jpg
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/6/5/a/a/65aafd37210610_1_V550.jpg
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/e/3/8/f/e38f5937250245_1_V550.jpg
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/6/6/5/2/6652a337250266_1_V550.jpg
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/a/c/d/8/acd8e137250271_1_V550.jpg
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/a/b/c/6/abc6d537250285_1_V550.jpg

mcmlxxvi
31-07-13, 14:48