PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to build one floor for Condo

Number_9z
18-05-11, 14:50
Hey guys

Anyone knows how long it takes to build one floor after the foundation are done? I heard its about 1 week or so.. Just curious as I noticed that some condo are built up really fast whereas others take a much long time? I think leasehold and FH plays a part too....

Thanks

blackjack21trader
18-05-11, 15:25
Hey guys

Anyone knows how long it takes to build one floor after the foundation are done? I heard its about 1 week or so.. Just curious as I noticed that some condo are built up really fast whereas others take a much long time? I think leasehold and FH plays a part too....

Thanks

Dear brother Number_9z, you are correct. If u are talking about 1 whole floor with 4x 500sqft units, it is 5 days provided the pre-fabricated parts and labor are available. You see, it is like lego lor....HAHAHAHAH. If you observe carefully the layouts of modern homes, the L walls & usable space are almost the same for similar bedders la except the placements of the parts are layout differently lor.

ysyap
18-05-11, 15:29
Hey guys

ThanksIn today's precast concrete industry and prefabrication techniques, the most time consuming part of construction is actually laying a good foundation plus the interior running of pipes and cables... getting the concrete walls up and building the columns and beams are really fast. If its a low rise project, then can really save on the foundation work so the entire project can even take less than 2 years... :D

devilplate
18-05-11, 15:44
Parc imperial fastest.....1yr to complete ...wif basement somemore:scared-3:

kellogs
18-05-11, 16:42
haha The Verte is slowest!!!!

scsc
18-05-11, 20:27
Almost everyday i passby The Interlace, the construction progress really amazes me:scared-1:

DC33_2008
18-05-11, 21:28
Woh Hup is a good local Main contractor. They may be using prefab technique given such a large project as they are container like.
Almost everyday i passby The Interlace, the construction progress really amazes me:scared-1:

Number_9z
19-05-11, 10:18
The most amazing one is the Estuary at Khatib.. is like rushing for the next year's CNY haha... The hamilton at Orchard was built up extremely fast too.. hardly see the structure, suddenly the building was standing...but it really looks like a LEGO structure, with all floors the same..

hopeful
19-05-11, 10:36
The most amazing one is the Estuary at Khatib.. is like rushing for the next year's CNY haha... The hamilton at Orchard was built up extremely fast too.. hardly see the structure, suddenly the building was standing...but it really looks like a LEGO structure, with all floors the same..

I would think building Hamilton Scotts would be easier. Only 1 tower and 2 kinds of units.
Not like other condos with many blocks and many layouts.

ysyap
19-05-11, 10:41
Locations of projects is also very important... the soil conditions of places like Orchard is really good so you can see buildings like westin stamford and UOB building... tall tall buildings build like years back when building technology was still not as advanced as now, coz the soil is mainly rocks so foundation is really solid... good foundation means less time spent for completion... some other places not so straight forward... Also depend on the developer and contractors... some contractors have 2 major projects on hand so manpower allocation is compromised so project might be slightly slower... :spliff:

Number_9z
19-05-11, 11:16
Locations of projects is also very important... the soil conditions of places like Orchard is really good so you can see buildings like westin stamford and UOB building... tall tall buildings build like years back when building technology was still not as advanced as now, coz the soil is mainly rocks so foundation is really solid... good foundation means less time spent for completion... some other places not so straight forward... Also depend on the developer and contractors... some contractors have 2 major projects on hand so manpower allocation is compromised so project might be slightly slower... :spliff:

hee..the building (shopping cum residential) besides Tangs seems to take ages to build, can't remember the name.... soil not good ? :)

devilplate
19-05-11, 11:22
i believe it depends whether the developer wana rush or take it slowly

desirenlure
19-05-11, 12:46
One of the record holder must be The Rochester condo near Buona Vista train station. This project was launched in Jul 2007 and construction is still ongoing.

:doh:

Eldenfirefly
19-05-11, 12:58
I think Silversea also very slow. The showroom still there. They have been selling it for a very long time liao.

devilplate
19-05-11, 13:11
I think Silversea also very slow. The showroom still there. They have been selling it for a very long time liao.

FEO projects always super super SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fragrance is the fatest!

roxy is another super slow developer

ysyap
19-05-11, 14:02
One of the record holder must be The Rochester condo near Buona Vista train station. This project was launched in Jul 2007 and construction is still ongoing.

:doh:When's the promised TOP date? Can the owners raise a case against the developers??? Owners are losing money daily for such irritating delays... :scared-3:

Komo
19-05-11, 14:11
I wonder if too fast also means poor quality...

Number_9z
19-05-11, 14:13
i believe it depends whether the developer wana rush or take it slowly

But quite strange...thought most developer wants to build faster. so that can get the $$ faster from buyers? I am referring to development which has started building............

ysyap
19-05-11, 14:18
I wonder if too fast also means poor quality...With today's technology, building construction can be super fast... there are engineers and quality surveyors to ensure the stability of buildings... Not to worry... no one will want to construct a building that will collapse in his/her life time... :spliff: Can be arrested...

Just
26-12-12, 23:28
This is interesting as I was also wondering how long does it takes to construct each floor once foundation are completed.
I just received letter from bank on the 10% disbursement for the completion of foundation. Really looking forward to the project early completion cos need to have my own house badly.....:banghead:

bakasa2002
26-12-12, 23:38
If its a low rise project, then can really save on the foundation work so the entire project can even take less than 2 years... :D

Low rise proj no need foundation?

Cyberknight
26-12-12, 23:40
This is interesting as I was also wondering how long does it takes to construct each floor once foundation are completed.
I just received letter from bank on the 10% disbursement for the completion of foundation. Really looking forward to the project early completion cos need to have my own house badly.....:banghead:

Depends on e design of e building. If e same movable formworks or prefabrication tech are used for standard building design, it can be as fast as 3-4days per floor. Malaysia petronas twin tower took an average of 3-4 days to complete each floor. Weather plays a part too.