PDA

View Full Version : External bin chute

TheIdler
19-05-11, 23:52
Any experience/ opinions on having the bin chute outside your condo unit? Where are these usually located? At the stairwell or next to lift or outside your front door? Will the area where the external bin chute is located be slghtly dirty/ smelly/ attract cockroaches as compared to having one internally? Does this mean mgt has to assign cleaners to clean-up the area more regularly if at all? Will this therefore translate to higher mgt fees for residents?

ysyap
20-05-11, 06:38
Any experience/ opinions on having the bin chute outside your condo unit? Where are these usually located? At the stairwell or next to lift or outside your front door? Will the area where the external bin chute is located be slghtly dirty/ smelly/ attract cockroaches as compared to having one internally? Does this mean mgt has to assign cleaners to clean-up the area more regularly if at all? Will this therefore translate to higher mgt fees for residents?Think the model is pretty similar to HDB. The older condos have bin chutes inside the house so cockroaches and enter the house easily. Don't stay in new condo so can't comment about it however maintenance fee would have included these cleaning works right from the beginning so no worries. Won't have further increase to the fee. :D

hopeful
20-05-11, 09:01
I was looking at floor plans. I just realise that we are paying for chute space inside the house :doh:

ysyap
20-05-11, 09:15
I was looking at floor plans. I just realise that we are paying for chute space inside the house :doh:Its your own rubbish's exit point! What do you expect? :D Be grateful that you're not paying for your neighbor's chute space.. :spliff:. The old HDB has pipes and trunkings running through our ceilings which are carrying our neighbor's toilet wastes.. :banghead: and you have to pay for those huge unsightly pipes to be painted, not your neighbors and your downstairs neighbors will have to pay for your pipes running into their houses too... :D

flxcat
20-05-11, 09:43
Any experience/ opinions on having the bin chute outside your condo unit? Where are these usually located? At the stairwell or next to lift or outside your front door? Will the area where the external bin chute is located be slghtly dirty/ smelly/ attract cockroaches as compared to having one internally? Does this mean mgt has to assign cleaners to clean-up the area more regularly if at all? Will this therefore translate to higher mgt fees for residents?

For smaller units like studio and 1bdrm usually have bin chute outside. Inconvenience in exchange for slight more livable space since unit is small.
As for cleaniness all depend on the resident behavior. All it takes is one inconsiderate family all can be ruin :)

hopeful
20-05-11, 11:22
For smaller units like studio and 1bdrm usually have bin chute outside. Inconvenience in exchange for slight more livable space since unit is small.
As for cleaniness all depend on the resident behavior. All it takes is one inconsiderate family all can be ruin :)
Well, icon & clift 1BR has internal bin chute.
I was thinking the more high class a development, the more likelihood of having internal chute.
Teddybear, most orchard road condos have internal bin chute?

perhaps external bin chute is associated with HDB class?:beats-me-man:

teddybear
20-05-11, 13:18
Try asking Marq@Paterson to build with the bin chute outside their unit and see whether they can sell at $58xx psf? :p
Never seen any Orchard Road condos with bin chute outside before. :cheers1:
Bin chute outside only for HDBs and kuching kurak condos. :scared-3:

Well, icon & clift 1BR has internal bin chute.
I was thinking the more high class a development, the more likelihood of having internal chute.
Teddybear, most orchard road condos have internal bin chute?

perhaps external bin chute is associated with HDB class?:beats-me-man:

DC33_2008
20-05-11, 13:41
It depends where is the chute. Chute is usually in the yard area in larger units. However, smaller units may have chutes not far from the living room. Then, I would prefer it to be outside the house. Not sure about MM units?
Try asking Marq@Paterson to build with the bin chute outside their unit and see whether they can sell at $58xx psf? :p
Never seen any Orchard Road condos with bin chute outside before. :cheers1:
Bin chute outside only for HDBs and kuching kurak condos. :scared-3:

amk
20-05-11, 13:55
we had this "discussion" before. some even brought up "environmental friendly" arguments.

to me it's simple: the chute MUST be inside. Not negotiable.

DC33_2008
20-05-11, 13:59
Like some of the clift units next to the living room. :eek:
we had this "discussion" before. some even brought up "environmental friendly" arguments.

to me it's simple: the chute MUST be inside. Not negotiable.

amk
20-05-11, 14:03
Like some of the clift units next to the living room. :eek:

ok. MUST be inside. AND in kitchen/yard. Not negotiable. ;)

DC33_2008
20-05-11, 14:06
I am flexible. Depends on where is it in the house. Outside is better than in my living room. I do not own MM unit so not a problem.

sh
20-05-11, 14:06

If it's a MM, with kitchen INSIDE the living room... I rather have the chute outside....:tsk-tsk:

hopeful
20-05-11, 14:09
If it's a MM, with kitchen INSIDE the living room... I rather have the chute outside....:tsk-tsk:

MM too cramp to hit cockroaches easily ?? :p

hyenergix
20-05-11, 14:33
I prefer bin chute outside. It is much cleaner and you have less chance of smell and pests creeping into your house.

teddybear
20-05-11, 14:45
If the bin chute has been well-designed, well maintained, there is zero chance of smell and pests creeping into your house. I have never experience that before, though obviously living on high floor is also an advantage. Try asking those who cook and do the housework at home and see whether they want to bin chute in the yard or outside the house?
Outside the house if not well designed and maintained even worse, imagine your relatives, friends, or some big shots visit your house and you make them smell the "smell" and rub shoulder with the pests? :doh:

I prefer bin chute outside. It is much cleaner and you have less chance of smell and pests creeping into your house.

hyenergix
20-05-11, 14:52
I have experience with both designs. External bin is much better.

The internal chute I have sometimes can see cockroaches straying around the opening when I just open the chute. I have to slam back to scare the cockroaches away. This is on 11th storey...

If external chute, then the probability of cockroaches sneeking its way into the house is very low.

devilplate
20-05-11, 14:56
All depends on ur neighbours throwing habit....

If all tie up nicely in a rubbish bag b4 throwing...no liquid stuff, glass etc...den internal chute definitely better....

External chute ok la....nowadays mostly got maids rite....hehe

Those stay landed goto bring outside their gate to throw.....

Walk few steps to external chute aso wun die:D

teddybear
20-05-11, 15:15
Not high enough lah. :D
And looks like your estate didn't maintain the rubbish chute well. :scared-2:

I have experience with both designs. External bin is much better.

The internal chute I have sometimes can see cockroaches straying around the opening when I just open the chute. I have to slam back to scare the cockroaches away. This is on 11th storey...

If external chute, then the probability of cockroaches sneeking its way into the house is very low.

hopeful
20-05-11, 15:38
anybody still pour boiling water down the internal chute to clean it?

devilplate
20-05-11, 15:41
:confused: :scared-4: :eek: :scared-3: :scared-1:

fiat500
20-05-11, 15:49
definitely having internal rubbish chute is much better n more convenient..
imagine u are still in your boxer shorts or lingerie n u need to dispose your rubbish quickly,u have to get changed to walk to the corridor outside..very ma fun!
just maintained the clealinese with proper hygiene at your internal rubbish chute,u wont have problem with croakcoaches or insects lah.
just ask if anyone is willing to give up having an internal rubbish for an external rubbish chute? i doubt there will be any..:spliff:

teddybear
20-05-11, 15:57
It is the duty of the estate maintainence agents/cleaners flush the rubbish chute regularly. So you don't need to pour boiling water because won't be effective unless you can get so much boiling water to flush down the whole rubbish chute. :scared-2:
Those kuching kurak condo estates that don't do so either want to save water and money vs cleanliness and hygiene etc. In this case, build the rubbish chute outside also useless, same smell and pests all around!.

GForce
20-05-11, 15:59
Can anybody enlighten us which projects have chute outside unit coz cannot live with roaches under same roof!

amk
20-05-11, 16:02
.. I have to slam back to scare the cockroaches away. This is on 11th storey...

I had been living in even lower floors, 4 and 5, no cockroach/smell problem.

it all depends on the maintenance of the chute.

amk
20-05-11, 16:04
Can anybody enlighten us which projects have chute outside unit coz cannot live with roaches under same roof!
in the old days, most (or is it all?) of the condos have chutes inside.

ever since some HDB scholar invented common chutes outside, CDL took the idea and did it for condos too. (I *think* CDL was the 1st to start this for pte)

so ur question is, erh.... "I dun know what to say" :cool:

stalingrad
20-05-11, 16:06
older condos may have the roach problem, but not new ones. there are no roaches in new condos, but over time they move homes to your condo.

in my new condo, I can leave food on the counter or one the floor for a whole week or month without seeing pests around.

in my old condo, you put food scraps on the floor, and you will see pests around them in 10 to 20 minutes.

is that the reason people like to buy new condos, to avoid roaches?

DC33_2008
20-05-11, 16:08
Newer condos should have water-pipe installed inthe chutes to spray-clean the chutes from time to time.
It is the duty of the estate maintainence agents/cleaners flush the rubbish chute regularly. So you don't need to pour boiling water because won't be effective unless you can get so much boiling water to flush down the whole rubbish chute. :scared-2:
Those kuching kurak condo estates that don't do so either want to save water and money vs cleanliness and hygiene etc. In this case, build the rubbish chute outside also useless, same smell and pests all around!.

amk
20-05-11, 16:09
Newer condos should have water-pipe installed inthe chutes to spray-clean the chutes from time to time.

if I'm not mistaken it's every week.

stalingrad
20-05-11, 16:11
thank god, I am scared of roaches.

fiat500
20-05-11, 16:13
its much more expensive to build an internal chute for every unit than having a common chute outside for everybody..:cheers6:

GForce
20-05-11, 16:14
Coz staying in a fairly new condo ( 1 n 1/2 yr only ) already got small roaches :( FYI 7th flr

stalingrad
20-05-11, 16:15
which condo is this?

hopeful
20-05-11, 17:22
its much more expensive to build an internal chute for every unit than having a common chute outside for everybody..:cheers6:

Why is it more expensive?
We are paying for empty space.
area of chute about 4sqft. 60cm x 60cm.

hopeful
20-05-11, 17:30
in the old days, most (or is it all?) of the condos have chutes inside.

ever since some HDB scholar invented common chutes outside, CDL took the idea and did it for condos too. (I *think* CDL was the 1st to start this for pte)

so ur question is, erh.... "I dun know what to say" :cool:
in old condos, the internal chute also much bigger than current ones.

fiat500
20-05-11, 17:37
eg: in this particular block there are 50 units..
if u were to deliver a copy of straits times individually to every unit or leave the 50 copies at the lobby for the residents to help themselves,which would u choose? :cheers6:

ysyap
20-05-11, 17:38
definitely having internal rubbish chute is much better n more convenient..
imagine u are still in your boxer shorts or lingerie n u need to dispose your rubbish quickly,u have to get changed to walk to the corridor outside..very ma fun!
just maintained the clealinese with proper hygiene at your internal rubbish chute,u wont have problem with croakcoaches or insects lah.
just ask if anyone is willing to give up having an internal rubbish for an external rubbish chute? i doubt there will be any..:spliff:Inhouse chute is convenient only when the rubbish management of the condo is of high standard and no rodents or roaches infiltrating our personal spaces, otherwise, it won't be so convenient after all. Personally I prefer to have chutes outside. Even with boxer shorts or lingerie, can cover with a huge loose shirt and just step outside. Anyway, only maybe 2 other doors in that corridor so still pretty ok lah... if like western countries, just step out in your boxers and lingerie, no problem lah.. not as if with nothing on... :D

hopeful
20-05-11, 17:42
eg: in this particular block there are 50 units..
if u were to deliver a copy of straits times individually to every unit or leave the 50 copies at the lobby for the residents to help themselves,which would u choose? :cheers6:

for the paper boy, leave 50 copies at the lobby.

for the occupiers, paper boy deliver to each unit.

fiat500
20-05-11, 17:51
its up to the individual..
like i said earlier,i doubt there's anyone who is willing to give up having an internal chute for an external one..
putting on clothes to cover up? its such a hassle,thats y its not convenient having external chute...unless u are not shy walking out in your boxer shorts with your fat belly sticking out! :D :D

fiat500
20-05-11, 17:56
for the paper boy, leave 50 copies at the lobby.

for the occupiers, paper boy deliver to each unit.
:banghead: :banghead: :doh: :doh: :doh: :spliff:

ysyap
20-05-11, 18:19
its up to the individual..
like i said earlier,i doubt there's anyone who is willing to give up having an internal chute for an external one..
putting on clothes to cover up? its such a hassle,thats y its not convenient having external chute...unless u are not shy walking out in your boxer shorts with your fat belly sticking out! :D :DI for one prefer an external chute than internal... can walk out showing my well defined body and biseps, oops!!! Or the direct opposite :spliff:

devilplate
20-05-11, 18:34
If its external chute, i die die dunwan tat unit right beside it...lol

If stay low flr, external chute good....if high flr, internal better:2cents:

fiat500
20-05-11, 18:56
I for one prefer an external chute than internal... can walk out showing my well defined body and biseps, oops!!! Or the direct opposite :spliff:
in that case,its better for u not to have any chute at all :D :D
u should wait downstairs for the rubbish truck to drop by every morning so that you can also parade your beautiful biceps n big stomach muscle. :D :D

joelx
21-05-11, 23:57
I personally prefer External bin chute. No pest runing ard the house and no smell. Anyway, is the maid that walk out and throw. I also dont see any problem walking in a boxer/ or aything tht i am already wearing at home. Just look at it like walking around swimming pool. i Dont compromise hygiene with convenient.ohh I must get used to walk outside the house to throw my rubbish so i can adapt to landed property life easily.

ysyap
22-05-11, 06:02
in that case,its better for u not to have any chute at all :D :D
u should wait downstairs for the rubbish truck to drop by every morning so that you can also parade your beautiful biceps n big stomach muscle. :D :DGood idea... :spliff: I'll show the world what fats is. :spliff: But I can still have the bins in case I'm away and others need to clear the rubbish instead. :p

ysyap
22-05-11, 06:02
If its external chute, i die die dunwan tat unit right beside it...lol

If stay low flr, external chute good....if high flr, internal better:2cents:What is low? Staying in 10th floor, I still have roaches entering my house.. they don't climb. They fly..:scared-4:

ysyap
22-05-11, 06:07
I personally prefer External bin chute. No pest runing ard the house and no smell. Anyway, is the maid that walk out and throw. I also dont see any problem walking in a boxer/ or aything tht i am already wearing at home. Just look at it like walking around swimming pool. i Dont compromise hygiene with convenient.ohh I must get used to walk outside the house to throw my rubbish so i can adapt to landed property life easily.Yup Yup... agreed!!! :D

DC33_2008
22-05-11, 11:12
Is internal chute computed as GFA and psf of your unit?
Yup Yup... agreed!!! :D

ysyap
22-05-11, 11:17
Is internal chute computed as GFA and psf of your unit?Of course... where got free space for you inside your house?? :p

DC33_2008
22-05-11, 11:31
Outside chute may be considered as a part of circulation or services space.
Of course... where got free space for you inside your house?? :p