PDA

View Full Version : THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

ysyap
27-06-11, 22:44
The Arte also have stack with city view lah.. if you are high enough, can even see full city view..Orchard..MBS..& maybe fireworksI'm aware... used to stay in TPY but must be above 18th floor to have a decent view of the fireworks! :)

kingkong1984
28-06-11, 01:52
No value buy for park facing...even low flr park facing asking ard 800psf....i wAnt 750psf above 10th flr park facing....got any anot....:rolleyes:
For now...

Wait for TOP as might be able to catch IAS people naked. No harm waiting and it depends on ur luck. However the new EC beside it will make it look cheap.

kingkong1984
28-06-11, 01:55
agree no need to debate about how TSL should run lah....

but logic speaks for itself

keep my mouth shut till locations announced lah :cool: (and maybe continue to keep shut)
I am with u, mrt at tagore area opposite a bus stop. Next at the area near to grand.... Within 400 meters. Followed by Thomson shopping centre then link up to interchange at bishan fire station area? Will see.

mantrix
28-06-11, 09:17
I am with u, mrt at tagore area opposite a bus stop. Next at the area near to grand.... Within 400 meters. Followed by Thomson shopping centre then link up to interchange at bishan fire station area? Will see.

400m is good guess :D :D

fclim
28-06-11, 09:26
There is a plot of land diagonally opposite TG (near the petrol stations) that is slated for residential with a plot ratio of 1.4. Do you think that in future, this development may partially block TG's pristine view of the reservoir?

ysyap
28-06-11, 10:24
There is a plot of land diagonally opposite TG (near the petrol stations) that is slated for residential with a plot ratio of 1.4. Do you think that in future, this development may partially block TG's pristine view of the reservoir?Depending on how the future developer do up the land, it may block quite a fair bit of view. Well, anything can happen. Your guess vs my guess! Better don't guess! :D

kingkong1984
28-06-11, 10:29
Depending on how the future developer do up the land, it may block quite a fair bit of view. Well, anything can happen. Your guess vs my guess! Better don't guess! :D

1.4 MAX 6 storeys.. buy 8 and above.

Wild Falcon
28-06-11, 11:02
I think there is some difference. Jurong Lakeshore older condo is already $1000psf. So its not unimaginable that a new one beside Lakefront Residences can go at 1200psf. In short, the resale market is tried and tested - not forgetting Lakeshore yields are fantastic (OK. I note u're one of those who dun look at yields). But this one, the condo beside, Bishan Park or something is HALF PRICE at $700psf. In short, people are only prepared to pay $700psf for a resale unit there. To enter at $1400psf is a big risk.

Correction, Lakeshore is closer to $1100psf today.

Hey must be positive ;) jurong can sell 1200, why upper Thomson cannot 1400 ? ;)

devilplate
28-06-11, 11:11
I think there is some difference. Jurong Lakeshore older condo is already $1000psf. So its not unimaginable that a new one beside Lakefront Residences can go at 1200psf. In short, the resale market is tried and tested - not forgetting Lakeshore yields are fantastic (OK. I note u're one of those who dun look at yields). But this one, the condo beside, Bishan Park or something is HALF PRICE at $700psf. In short, people are only prepared to pay $700psf for a resale unit there. To enter at $1400psf is a big risk.

and lakeshore was only ard 4xxpsf when it was launched....and nearing to TOP in early 2007 can get subsale for less den 600psf(while silly CCR supporters/investors r rushing to buy overpriced CCR launches):D :D :D :cheers6: :cheers1:

Rysk
28-06-11, 12:28
Actual nothing special about reservoir view.. at night, is all dark, totally nothing to see & quite scary sometime..
For TG, if you got reservoir view.. most likely you also got the afternoon sun.

chiaberry
28-06-11, 12:42
Clover by the Park is already transacting at 1200 psf (according to their thread) and some say will be 1300 psf when TOP. So I suppose 1400 psf is not way over.

Cannot compare with the older condos like Bishan Park or even Gardens at Bishan. Bishan Park in particular is much much older.

kane
28-06-11, 14:04
Clover by the Park is already transacting at 1200 psf (according to their thread) and some say will be 1300 psf when TOP. So I suppose 1400 psf is not way over.

Cannot compare with the older condos like Bishan Park or even Gardens at Bishan. Bishan Park in particular is much much older.

I remember visiting clover's showroom in Q1 2009 and they were asking about 850psf. They have Capitaland to thank for. Their prices were pretty stagnant at 1k psf until Capitaland came up with that audacious bid for the land parcel at Bishan central.

chiaberry
28-06-11, 14:25
Thomson G also paving the way for Capland to launch at a high price. Sorry to those people who sold their Clover units hoping to buy back in at cheaper price. Looks like it's not going to happen in this location.

cl0ver
28-06-11, 14:30
URA lodged a new high of $1305psf for Clover BTP...
very interesting now....

chiaberry
28-06-11, 14:36
very interesting now....

Pat yourself on the back. At least you have a decent roof over your head (soon) at a "good" price. You can sit on your balcony enjoying the park view when Capland starts their marketing at year end. :cheers4:

? New high? 1500 to 1600 psf? Can surpass D'Leedon or not.

RCR is rising up (cannot let OCR upstage).

Rysk
28-06-11, 14:57
very interesting now....

Wah.. HUAT Liao!!
Confirm is UP UP UP ahead..

Wild Falcon
28-06-11, 15:52
In terms of LOCATION, one has to compare against a condo that is right beside as the most direct comparison. I note that Bishan is a 99LH, so the older condos would have suffered some lease decay but still shouldn't be half priced I think.

ysyap
28-06-11, 16:01
1.4 MAX 6 storeys.. buy 8 and above.I know of projects with mainly 4 storeys plus one block of 10 storey. :doh:

ysyap
28-06-11, 16:02
very interesting now....So there's a price rivalry between this project and Thomson G? :D Catch up some more.... :p Clovers owners haut man!

kane
28-06-11, 16:54
Gardens is doing 900-950psf. That would be about 30% difference in price.

Rysk
28-06-11, 17:36
Gardens is doing 900-950psf. That would be about 30% difference in price.

But like that is apple to orange already leh..
Garden @ Bishan is with 756 units, is too mass market already.. moreover is already like 7-yrs old

devilplate
28-06-11, 17:46
Garden @ Bishan is with 756 units, is too mass market already.. moreover is already like 7-yrs old
And thomson g gona block their views....hahaha

Jus like costa del sol blocking the bayshore

devilplate
28-06-11, 17:47
Anyway i m hoping for a gd response at 1400psf!! Den my rcr which is nearer to town n mrt can huat mah...hahahahaha

Lovelle
28-06-11, 17:57
Anyway i m hoping for a gd response at 1400psf!! Den my rcr which is nearer to town n mrt can huat mah...hahahahaha

which RCR ?

thompson is not considered RCR wor

anyway, bishan oredi 1300psf

devilplate
28-06-11, 18:06
which RCR ?

thompson is not considered RCR wor

anyway, bishan oredi 1300psf
Oi....thomson grand rcr leh:confused:

Lovelle
28-06-11, 18:11

like that many places also RCR liao...

kingkong1984
28-06-11, 18:13
I know of projects with mainly 4 storeys plus one block of 10 storey. :doh:

that one could be exception.. either 2 plot ratios or already been build up high... meadows at pierce right? be open lah.

kane
28-06-11, 19:44

So to the people looking at the area, they would have to think about apples and oranges and their relative prices. Singaporeans love new, even if the projects were under construction and sitting side by side, the are willing to pay more for the newer one.

Rysk
28-06-11, 19:46

Upper Thomson is in D20, and this thread falls under Suburbia
Thomson is consider D11, and the thread falls under Prime
Even D12 falls under City Fringe

Correct?

kane
28-06-11, 19:50

Correct?

If I remember correctly, there's this new map that draws a big chunk of balestier and northwards up to ang mo kio ave 1 as part of RCR. It supercedes the district coding. But it's still pretty confusing which area is what.

Rysk
28-06-11, 19:53
So to the people looking at the area, they would have to think about apples and oranges and their relative prices. Singaporeans love new, even if the projects were under construction and sitting side by side, the are willing to pay more for the newer one.

Yeah.. that's why some ppl go view resale.. can see & see & see many units yet thinking is expensive...... but once go visit showflat, even more expensive, within one day can sign the cheque already:D

chiaberry
28-06-11, 20:02
that one could be exception.. either 2 plot ratios or already been build up high... meadows at pierce right? be open lah.

The tall tower in Meadows exceeded the permitted plot ratio so if they tore it down they would not be able to rebuild another structure to the same height. So in order to maintain the building height, they kept the old structure and refurbished the interior.

chiaberry
28-06-11, 20:04
Yeah.. that's why some ppl go view resale.. can see & see & see many units yet thinking is expensive...... but once go visit showflat, even more expensive, within one day can sign the cheque already:D

Show flat is open. I saw the fence brought down and people inside the show flat today.

ysyap
28-06-11, 20:05
Good to know... so has anyone gone in to look at the finishings, etc? :p

kane
28-06-11, 20:20
Show flat is open. I saw the fence brought down and people inside the show flat today.

So anyone who's been into the showroom can comment about the finishing? As grand as the price tag suggest?

Rysk
28-06-11, 20:45
6-star luxury living?
Hopefully the response is good & able to set the benchmark price for Upper Thomson area

kane
28-06-11, 20:56
6-star luxury living?
Hopefully the response is good & able to set the benchmark price for Upper Thomson area

Do they have a concierge desk? And are then lift lobby entrance as grand as hotels? Just like St Regis doesn't feel like 6star living. The ground floor is like a maze and the concierge desk is hidden in some corner.

devilplate
28-06-11, 21:15

Correct?
Ura state gardens at bishan under rcr, so tg cfm rcr lor

cl0ver
28-06-11, 21:17
more importantly, showroom got free food or not? :D

fclim
28-06-11, 21:24
Ura state gardens at bishan under rcr, so tg cfm rcr lor

TG RCR , from URA website.

kane
28-06-11, 21:25
more importantly, showroom got free food or not? :D

it's free only because someone's paying 1400psf for their apt. :D

amk
28-06-11, 23:08

Aiyo u take it so seriously when i made that cheeky 1400 remark. For this location 1200 would be gd enough.

But now u have this 1400 benchmark, the neighbour won't be 700 any more. See devil's point abt how new benchmarks push up the resales in jurong ?

I'm curious at the response of this. If there are ppl buying 800k HDB in tampines, I won't be surprised if there are takers for 1400psf at upper thomson.

devilplate
28-06-11, 23:18
Aiyo u take it so seriously when i made that cheeky 1400 remark. For this location 1200 would be gd enough.

But now u have this 1400 benchmark, the neighbour won't be 700 any more. See devil's point abt how new benchmarks push up the resales in jurong ?

I'm curious at the response of this. If there are ppl buying 800k HDB in tampines, I won't be surprised if there are takers for 1400psf at upper thomson.
Most likely they can sell well....cud b another vision in the making

I said vision super visionary pricing n yet sold out:o

kane
28-06-11, 23:55
we've seen takers of ridiculous prices in the past, and the trend is likely to continue. imagine how much the buyers of capitaland's bishan central project will have to pay when it's launched. we would still have this same discussion about how stupid the price is.

Lovelle
29-06-11, 00:11
centro looks cheap now heh

kingkong1984
29-06-11, 05:16
It is cheaper better and faster.. But lose out on views and pte lift.

kane
29-06-11, 07:44

A year ago, everyone was commenting on how ridiculously ex Centro was. And I still think it's ex. But grandeur 8 owners have benefited from their launch.

ysyap
29-06-11, 07:50
A year ago, everyone was commenting on how ridiculously ex Centro was. And I still think it's ex. But grandeur 8 owners have benefited from their launch.But I heard some Grandeur 8 owners lamenting that their housing prices did not climb alot despite the ridiculous price of Centro. Well, those who bought Centro then back indeed had great insights! Must also them to advise us on the future of the housing market man! :p

Rysk
29-06-11, 09:08
Do they have a concierge desk? And are then lift lobby entrance as grand as hotels? Just like St Regis doesn't feel like 6star living. The ground floor is like a maze and the concierge desk is hidden in some corner.

Maybe not.. and maybe it will be the 1st condo to provide vallet parking service right at your lobby.. then you'll have the 6-star condo feeling eventhrough is not as grand as St Regis :D

proud owner
29-06-11, 09:17
The tall tower in Meadows exceeded the permitted plot ratio so if they tore it down they would not be able to rebuild another structure to the same height. So in order to maintain the building height, they kept the old structure and refurbished the interior.

singaporeans also very Hao Lian lah

buy resale ..complain expensive and bargain and try to squeeze blood out of stone ..

buy new launch ... always feel good and proud to be seen signing cheque at showflat ...

chiaberry
29-06-11, 09:19
Maybe not.. and maybe it will be the 1st condo to provide vallet parking service right at your lobby.. then you'll have the 6-star condo feeling eventhrough is not as grand as St Regis :D

Hey that's a very good idea. Potential owners take note and feed back when the Management Committee is formed. :cool:

devilplate
29-06-11, 09:32
Hey that's a very good idea. Potential owners take note and feed back when the Management Committee is formed. :cool:

r u prepared to pay 1-2k for ur maint fee?:p

Rysk
29-06-11, 10:02
r u prepared to pay 1-2k for ur maint fee?:p

Living in a 6-star condo.. must be prepared to pay for "6-star" maint fee mah!!
If really have to pay 1k.. confirm 100% I will make full use of the valet parking service..... you know S'porean very HOW LIAN one.. I'm S'porean leh!! :D

Wild Falcon
29-06-11, 10:08
Every morning must queue up for valet? U know when u go for dinner at restaurants with valet and everyone leaves at roughly the same time, one ends up queuing up and waiting 30 min for your car to arrive. Don't think this is a selling point. Valet only for places with not enough car park which means your car will be driven out for a spin when cars exceed parking lots.

devilplate
29-06-11, 10:11
Every morning must queue up for valet? U know when u go for dinner at restaurants with valet and everyone leaves at roughly the same time, one ends up queuing up and waiting 30 min for your car to arrive. Don't think this is a selling point. Valet only for places with not enough car park which means your car will be driven out for a spin when cars exceed parking lots.

how abt bell boy, chambermaids etc....

hotel services just one call away....hahaa

land118
29-06-11, 10:14
Every morning must queue up for valet? U know when u go for dinner at restaurants with valet and everyone leaves at roughly the same time, one ends up queuing up and waiting 30 min for your car to arrive. Don't think this is a selling point. Valet only for places with not enough car park which means your car will be driven out for a spin when cars exceed parking lots. Agree, i believe Thomson Grand has 339 units + 22 Strata Houses, valet would not be able to cope during peak morning and evening....Ya, sometimes restaurant or after wedding dinner at 5 star hotel, waiting for valet easily 15-30mins...and that is not so many cars somemore...

Rysk
29-06-11, 10:19

No worry, this GV condo have another service..
You just intercom the valet to tell him what time you'll be at the lobby, and they will standby the car right infront of your lobby.. and even you can intercom for bellboy to come help to carry your baggage down & put inside your car in advance..
Is 6-star condo leh.. you think what.. S'porean very HOW LIAN one.. & I'm S'porean leh!! :D

ysyap
29-06-11, 10:20
Every morning must queue up for valet? U know when u go for dinner at restaurants with valet and everyone leaves at roughly the same time, one ends up queuing up and waiting 30 min for your car to arrive. Don't think this is a selling point. Valet only for places with not enough car park which means your car will be driven out for a spin when cars exceed parking lots.Or worse they park your car in another borrowed carpark with no security! :scared-1: Just like a typical HDB lot then! :D

proud owner
29-06-11, 10:22
No worry, this GV condo have another service..
You just intercom the valet to tell him what time you'll be at the lobby, and they will standby the car right infront of your lobby.. and even you can intercom for bellboy to come help to carry your baggage down & put inside your car in advance..
Is 6-star condo leh.. you think what.. S'porean very HOW LIAN one.. & I'm S'porean leh!! :D

what happens if you, a how lian singaporean, living there ...and drives a Cherry QQ ... will the valet / bellboy see you not up and give you bad service ?

then again not likely right ?
cos how lian singaporeans would have LV cars to go along with GV condos ...right ? :)

chiaberry
29-06-11, 10:28
The funny thing is....the agent smiled when I expressed surprise that there were no visitor lots. He more or less was saying something along these lines....that these days for new launches.....is very good to have enough car park space for one car per unit already...another agent last year told me that for some developments you even have to BALLOT for the car park space. For the strata houses in Thomson G, they have their own car park lot next to their house, but they PAY for the privilege (including in their floor area). btw for Thomson G, the car parking for the condos is in the basement (underground).

hmm....Centro is asking $1400+ psf these days anyway.

ysyap
29-06-11, 16:34
The funny thing is....the agent smiled when I expressed surprise that there were no visitor lots. He more or less was saying something along these lines....that these days for new launches.....is very good to have enough car park space for one car per unit already...another agent last year told me that for some developments you even have to BALLOT for the car park space.Basically the agent had no answer to your expression of surprise. He merely diverted your attention to the constraints of other development! I'd have repeated my question again to him in case he didn't understand that I was asking about this project and not about other projects! :spliff:

mantrix
29-06-11, 19:28
All I can say is price of proximity to MRT factored in...

chiaberry
29-06-11, 20:13

The agent was hinting that CKH had an inkling about the proximity of the MRT when they bid for the land.

kingkong1984
29-06-11, 21:25
Hmm.... Like that might as well buy firesales

kane
29-06-11, 21:35

From the sound of what you're suggesting, it seems to be that plot opposite flame tree park.

kingkong1984
29-06-11, 21:39
From the sound of what you're suggesting, it seems to be that plot opposite flame tree park.
Tagore point a, bishan fire Station point 2. Anything in the middle is correct.

ysyap
29-06-11, 21:46
The agent was hinting that CKH had an inkling about the proximity of the MRT when they bid for the land.Well its only an inkling. Unless they have internal information which is highly unlikely... of is it? They very clever. Just include as their advertising appeal then if not near, let the owners go and suffer the loss? Hmmm... Its a gamble man! So when will LTA announce the exact location?

chiaberry
29-06-11, 22:15

Meadows@Pierce put that location in for their marketing and got flamed by the authorities (no pun intended).

kane
29-06-11, 23:01
Meadows@Pierce put that location in for their marketing and got flamed by the authorities (no pun intended).

it would be really interesting if UOL's proposed stations were the actual locations of the stations. is it more than just coincidence?

chiaberry
30-06-11, 00:00
it would be really interesting if UOL's proposed stations were the actual locations of the stations. is it more than just coincidence?

Could be after all. A listed company wouldn't just pluck MRT stations out of the air anyhow to print for all to see.

Sigh just when the traffic jams had cleared (after they realigned Farrer Road on completion of the Circle Line station there)......we are going to be inconvenienced by Thomson Line diggings. :banghead:

kane
30-06-11, 01:57
Could be after all. A listed company wouldn't just pluck MRT stations out of the air anyhow to print for all to see.

Sigh just when the traffic jams had cleared (after they realigned Farrer Road on completion of the Circle Line station there)......we are going to be inconvenienced by Thomson Line diggings. :banghead:

Imagine the convenience when they're digging both the Thomson line and NSE.

ysyap
30-06-11, 08:52
Imagine the convenience when they're digging both the Thomson line and NSE.Convenient for them but super inconvenient for road users there! :scared-4: Past experiences have revealed many nightmares, from Upper Paya Lebar to Bendemeer area! :scared-3:

kingkong1984
30-06-11, 09:12
I drove along the route last night.

This line has the feel of the dragon pluse.

Its our new blood line to the heart of the city.

Lots of land beside it too..

Good deal to MS venture.

Anything FH and with views along this route? (exclude thomson 800?)

chiaberry
30-06-11, 09:50
I drove along the route last night.

This line has the feel of the dragon pluse.

Its our new blood line to the heart of the city.

Lots of land beside it too..

Good deal to MS venture.

Anything FH and with views along this route? (exclude thomson 800?)

Don't invade my kampung lah. :tsk-tsk: Even without NSE, there are multiple routes to the City. I like staying here because Upper Thomson Road is convenient for me. The location is very central. My kids can get about by public transport easily to any part of the island. You don't know kids these days need to go all over the place for their school activities, ranging from West Coast Park, Labrador Park, Pasir Ris, Choa Chu Kang and Sengkang. If I live in the East, it would be troublesome if the kid had to go to the opposite end of the island.

Meadows@Pierce (the tall block)

Country Esquire, Country Grandeur, Flame Tree Park.

If it's greenery view (low rise), there's also a small development near to the petrol stations next to Lower Pierce reservoir.

ysyap
30-06-11, 09:56
Not sure if its still true but the landed in this area is pretty affordable at least up till end of last year. Can consider getting one if the price hasn't already risen significantly because the condo prices will just push these landed prices upwards too! :o

chiaberry
30-06-11, 10:05
Not sure if its still true but the landed in this area is pretty affordable at least up till end of last year. Can consider getting one if the price hasn't already risen significantly because the condo prices will just push these landed prices upwards too! :o

Springleaf may still be affordable (may not have gone up as much as Lentor as Lentor is a more accessible location). If you want to gamble that the MRT might pass close by.

kane
30-06-11, 10:22
Convenient for them but super inconvenient for road users there! :scared-4: Past experiences have revealed many nightmares, from Upper Paya Lebar to Bendemeer area! :scared-3:

Pardon me, I meant inconvenience.

kane
30-06-11, 10:24
Don't invade my kampung lah. :tsk-tsk: Even without NSE, there are multiple routes to the City. I like staying here because Upper Thomson Road is convenient for me. The location is very central. My kids can get about by public transport easily to any part of the island. You don't know kids these days need to go all over the place for their school activities, ranging from West Coast Park, Labrador Park, Pasir Ris, Choa Chu Kang and Sengkang. If I live in the East, it would be troublesome if the kid had to go to the opposite end of the island.

Meadows@Pierce (the tall block)

Country Esquire, Country Grandeur, Flame Tree Park.

If it's greenery view (low rise), there's also a small development near to the petrol stations next to Lower Pierce reservoir.

We'll have to live with the heavy traffic on the multiple routes into town for the next couple of years.

ysyap
30-06-11, 10:27
Well the Upper Paya Lebar Road inconvenience lasted some 6 to 7 years! :doh:

chiaberry
30-06-11, 10:31
We'll have to live with the heavy traffic on the multiple routes into town for the next couple of years.

Oh well we lived with the jams along Adam Road/Farrer Road for so long already so it's nothing new. We will just have to leave home earlier to get to work (for those of us who work). Just pray that the MRT will be near enough but not too near or the dust and noise will be a pain. By the time NSE/TSL is finished, I will be retired liao. haha.

gn108
30-06-11, 10:36
Agree. Easy 5 years...or more. And not 2 years.

Some like to buy the 'potential' when stations are announced..but they're buying a whole lot of poor traffic for years. I reckon buy just one year before operations is better. A little discount and usage of line almost immeadiate.

Well the Upper Paya Lebar Road inconvenience lasted some 6 to 7 years! :doh:

chiaberry
30-06-11, 10:43
Agree. Easy 5 years...or more. And not 2 years.

Some like to buy the 'potential' when stations are announced..but they're buying a whole lot of poor traffic for years. I reckon buy just one year before operations is better. A little discount and usage of line almost immeadiate.

By that time (provided no major shocks to the economy), the prices might have escalated. Trust me. My dad has a bungalow near Upp Paya Lebar/Bartley Road junction.

ysyap
30-06-11, 10:47
By that time (provided no major shocks to the economy), the prices might have escalated. Trust me. My dad has a bungalow near Upp Paya Lebar/Bartley Road junction.No need to wait till then. When the Bartley plot is launched, prices will climb again. Now its already pretty high in that area... I literally see the prices of the landed climbing so fast that in 1 year, it rose some 15% to 20%. :scared-1:

devilplate
30-06-11, 10:53
No need to wait till then. When the Bartley plot is launched, prices will climb again. Now its already pretty high in that area... I literally see the prices of the landed climbing so fast that in 1 year, it rose some 15% to 20%. :scared-1:

even ulu sembawang rose more den 50% within 1.5yrs!! a fren bot a FH semi d for 900k in semb during late 2009, now 1.5mil+ liao(same condition, he jus leave it vacant)

chiaberry
30-06-11, 10:57
No need to wait till then. When the Bartley plot is launched, prices will climb again. Now its already pretty high in that area... I literally see the prices of the landed climbing so fast that in 1 year, it rose some 15% to 20%. :scared-1:

It's near the KPE and PIE too. Pretty irritating because I have to U-turn to get to my Dad's place. There's a flyover in my way.

ysyap
30-06-11, 10:58
even ulu sembawang rose more den 50% within 1.5yrs!! a fren bot a FH semi d for 900k in semb during late 2009, now 1.5mil+ liao(same condition, he jus leave it vacant)Because he thinks prices will continue to climb?

devilplate
30-06-11, 11:25
Because he thinks prices will continue to climb?

waiting for px to hit 2mil....if not he just hoard the land

mantrix
30-06-11, 13:04
waiting for px to hit 2mil....if not he just hoard the land

He kena one flash flood jialat jialat then he can continue to wait somemore :D

devilplate
30-06-11, 13:26
He kena one flash flood jialat jialat then he can continue to wait somemore :D

hahaha nvm la....vacant hse anyway....900k to lose only mah compared to those 20-50mil GCBs....hahaha

hk2313
01-07-11, 10:36
does anybody have an opinion on the strata houses ?

looks quite nice, but kitchen seems rather small ......

cant find price anywhere.....anybody knows ?

chiaberry
01-07-11, 10:43

I think they were priced ard 3.5mill. You can phone up the agents to ask (many many agents will be happy to tell you).

The "liveable" area is quite small (actually only around 2000+ sq ft). A lot of the area is taken up by the roof top terrace and the car parking space. That is why you have the feeling that the kitchen is rather small.

btw the management fees for the strata houses is :scared-1:

My very humble opinion is that they are not worth the $$$ Let the foreigners (not eligible for FH/landed) buy them.

devilplate
01-07-11, 11:37

based on their previous visionary price guide whrby they sell their condo units at 1k-1100psf on average and they sell their strata townhse at ard 600psf....

i wud guess 850-900psf for this one if they really priced their condo units at 1400psf

devilplate
01-07-11, 11:41
My very humble opinion is that they are not worth the $$$ Let the foreigners (not eligible for FH/landed) buy them.

this is a gd advice BUT can aso invest n sell these limited editions townhse to foreigners in future?

bcoz clustered housing very very cluttered...i see u and u see me siteplan (usually separated by only 3-5m apart)....so townhse within a condo maybe a gd investment...we nvr noe:2cents:

kingkong1984
01-07-11, 13:28
u need to look at location for that.

rich neighbours?

chiaberry
01-07-11, 13:53
I believe they are cluster houses, not town houses. Sorry if my concept is wrong. The houses are separate (not joined) but the space between them is quite small as you described. I think you can see into each other's roof top balcony. One row of cluster houses has the school behind. The other row has the main Upp Thomson Road behind. Rich neighbours? You mean the next door landed housing? Not really.....the GCB are not there. They are in Windsor Park Estate on the opp side of Upp Thomson. The other neighbours are the sch, the temple and the Gardens@Bishan.

cl0ver
01-07-11, 14:01
i think this one want to buy need to buy high rise... since unlike Clover, there is no direct park view....

hk2313
01-07-11, 15:20
according to agent , usable space should be minimum 3000 sqf

seems cheques already received for most of the houses

chiaberry
01-07-11, 15:35
according to agent , usable space should be minimum 3000 sqf

seems cheques already received for most of the houses

Not sure. It's best to double check again if you're thinking of buying. The rooms, kitchen, living/dining don't look that big to me. You have to minus off the car park space, roof top terrace, private jacuzzi in the back yard.

I would expect there to be a decent amount of interest for the houses esp from foreigners as there is some scarcity value for these. But please bear in mind (if for own stay) the Upp Thomson Road can be quite noisy and the other row of houses has the sch in the backyard.

ysyap
01-07-11, 15:48
Not sure. It's best to double check again if you're thinking of buying. The rooms, kitchen, living/dining don't look that big to me. You have to minus off the car park space, roof top terrace, private jacuzzi in the back yard.

I would expect there to be a decent amount of interest for the houses esp from foreigners as there is some scarcity value for these. But please bear in mind (if for own stay) the Upp Thomson Road can be quite noisy and the other row of houses has the sch in the backyard.It can potentially be noisier when construction for the TSL commences! :D

kingkong1984
01-07-11, 16:29
As a buyer.. u must look at the product design. Who is it intended for.

If for male, male should buy

If for female, female should buy

If for handicapped, hadicapped should buy

If for ultra rich, ultra rich should buy

If for fools.... hahaha...

Anyway, said as clear as I could. Dun end up buying the wrong product when you can have a cheaper, better and faster product elsewhere. Favourite quote.

proud owner
01-07-11, 16:48
As a buyer.. u must look at the product design. Who is it intended for.

If for male, male should buy

If for female, female should buy

If for handicapped, hadicapped should buy

If for ultra rich, ultra rich should buy

If for fools.... hahaha...

Anyway, said as clear as I could. Dun end up buying the wrong product when you can have a cheaper, better and faster product elsewhere. Favourite quote.

i see alot of women buying men's underwear in departmental stores ..

how can they know the comfort level of underwear men put on ?

so women ..stop it ... u may know the size .. but you can never know the comfort ...

it doesnt show you care ..
it shows how ignorant you are

kingkong1984
01-07-11, 17:00
i see alot of women buying men's underwear in departmental stores ..

how can they know the comfort level of underwear men put on ?

so women ..stop it ... u may know the size .. but you can never know the comfort ...

it doesnt show you care ..
it shows how ignorant you are

Try their luck, follow the same brand and size of underwear.

Do u see men buying bra for women? Not prevalent here but elsewhere.

Same same lah.

amk
02-07-11, 15:00
Alamak, who said show flat open already? Wasted my trip there. Still just the tent. Looks like only got agents only

chiaberry
02-07-11, 15:42
Alamak, who said show flat open already? Wasted my trip there. Still just the tent. Looks like only got agents only

Sorry it was me. Alamak many apologies. I saw there were lights and people inside the show flat and also flowers.

Please phone up to enquire and make appt with agent before goinng down.

ysyap
02-07-11, 16:02
Sorry it was me. Alamak many apologies. I saw there were lights and people inside the show flat and also flowers.

Please phone up to enquire and make appt with agent before goinng down.Well good thing I was too busy last couple of days to go down... nearly went down yesterday! :scared-3:

hk2313
02-07-11, 21:32
.....still looking at the strata houses with the pool upfront....to buy or not to buy...that is the question........

hk2313
02-07-11, 22:57
.. and how much noise to expect from upper thomson road in that area, does anybody know ? thanks

ysyap
02-07-11, 22:59
.. and how much noise to expect from upper thomson road in that area, does anybody know ? thanksbefore the construction of the TSL, its still pretty decent and ok other than the construction from those existing condo sites still under construction. After commencement of TSL, it'll surely be a totally different story le... :tsk-tsk:

chiaberry
02-07-11, 23:07
.. and how much noise to expect from upper thomson road in that area, does anybody know ? thanks

I suggest you go and check it out yourself as everybody's perception of excessive noise is different. Either go and stand outside the showflat at the peak hours (weekday 8.30am or 6.30pm). Or arrange a viewing in Flame Tree Park around those times. I don't think the TSL station will be near enough for the noise to be a factor for this condo. And there will be no other condo having construction next to it in the future as it is already built up on all sides on that side of the road and the space opposite is unlikely to have another condo there as it is very near the golf course and nature reserve.

hk2313
02-07-11, 23:34
thanks for the feedback. Problem is I am not in Singapore, and not able to get there this weelk, but have to submit cheque by Monday in order to get the discount (which is 4.5% on 3.5 mio). I would buy this with view of moving in myself in 2015.......wife like house.....and this strata seems pretty much the only thing possible.....

chiaberry
02-07-11, 23:43
thanks for the feedback. Problem is I am not in Singapore, and not able to get there this weelk, but have to submit cheque by Monday in order to get the discount (which is 4.5% on 3.5 mio). I would buy this with view of moving in myself in 2015.......wife like house.....and this strata seems pretty much the only thing possible.....

If you choose one of the houses that is not facing the main road, it will be OK. The noise will not be bad. So check out the plan and go for the row of houses at right angle to the main road and as far away as possible from the main road (it will be nearer to the school but I think sch will be less noisy than the road).

ysyap
02-07-11, 23:51
thanks for the feedback. Problem is I am not in Singapore, and not able to get there this weelk, but have to submit cheque by Monday in order to get the discount (which is 4.5% on 3.5 mio). I would buy this with view of moving in myself in 2015.......wife like house.....and this strata seems pretty much the only thing possible.....All the best to your new purchase. Like what Chiaberry mentioned, the place is reasonably quiet. Its a wise decision because many people seem to think that Upper Thomson area will surely be more prominent in the housing market in years to come! Cheers! :cheers1:

ysyap
02-07-11, 23:52
If you choose one of the houses that is not facing the main road, it will be OK. The noise will not be bad. So check out the plan and go for the row of houses at right angle to the main road and as far away as possible from the main road (it will be nearer to the school but I think sch will be less noisy than the road).Just ensure that your bedroom is not facing the school field or assembly area otherwise every morning you'll have to sing national anthem with the students at 7.30am. :D

devilplate
03-07-11, 00:29
Just ensure that your bedroom is not facing the school field or assembly area otherwise every morning you'll have to sing national anthem with the students at 7.30am. :D
Nice wat, foc alarm clock:D

devilplate
03-07-11, 00:31
R u a foreigner?

PR can try buying a landed

chiaberry
03-07-11, 00:42
I don't have the floor plans for the strata houses. But they could be facing the school buildings. I looked at the layout of the houses again and maybe it might not be so bad to be in the row that's next to the road as there is a long lap pool behind them and that would make for quite a nice view as well as giving you a bit more distance from the road.

Personally I don't think the road noise is too bad and maybe the new NS expressway would divert some of the traffic away from this road. Hopefully they would put up a high hedge shielding the development from the road to buffer the noise.

devilplate
03-07-11, 00:48
I don't have the floor plans for the strata houses. But they could be facing the school buildings. I looked at the layout of the houses again and maybe it might not be so bad to be in the row that's next to the road as there is a long lap pool behind them and that would make for quite a nice view as well as giving you a bit more distance from the road.

Personally I don't think the road noise is too bad and maybe the new NS expressway would divert some of the traffic away from this road. Hopefully they would put up a high hedge shielding the development from the road to buffer the noise.
Definitely no no for strata hse so close to main road....noise is one thing...how abt the fumes, dust n smoke.....y pay 3.5mio to shorten ur precious life:doh:

If really die die wana buy...get those nxt to school.....

Or get penthse la.....top of the world wif magnificent view....

3.5 m can easily get a semi d.....tats alot of money! Choose wisely

cl0ver
03-07-11, 01:29
R u a foreigner?

PR can try buying a landed

i think he mentioned before that he is european.... hk are just his initials

ysyap
03-07-11, 08:23
I'll also offer my unsolicited opinion... I'd not take Thomson G because its pricey. I'll split the cash to get a $2m cluster elsewhere cheaper and so still enjoy the same floor area and get maybe Kovan Residence $1.5m for great investment!!! Just my personal opinion! Sorry if I've stirred distraction! :p

amk
03-07-11, 11:42
Had a look at the house layout, vry disappointed. Why it only builds up to 2nd floor ? Should be at least 3 floors to be "grand" mah ! Like that very cramped, just like those tightly packed 1500 sqft small inter terraces. Had it been 3 storey it would have been a reasonable buy. Rite now those small terraces around Thomson plaza are no more than 3 mil. This one too small.

wind30
03-07-11, 12:04

3.5 mio??? as in 3.5 million?

???

I really think you are joking if you are considering at this price.

wind30
03-07-11, 12:06
I'll also offer my unsolicited opinion... I'd not take Thomson G because its pricey. I'll split the cash to get a $2m cluster elsewhere cheaper and so still enjoy the same floor area and get maybe Kovan Residence $1.5m for great investment!!! Just my personal opinion! Sorry if I've stirred distraction! :p

yup. 2million can get you a small 2nd hand terrace house in a more central location. And you have 1.5million left over.....

devilplate
03-07-11, 12:14
yup. 2million can get you a small 2nd hand terrace house in a more central location. And you have 1.5million left over.....
He is a foreigner...from europe...tats y ...and his wife like houses wif facilities

Seriously there r better buy clustered housing.....not sure how much verdana villas cost now....spacious n peaceful n freehold...i nrly bot one but vit m vy tight tat time:(

wind30
03-07-11, 12:22
He is a foreigner...from europe...tats y ...and his wife like houses wif facilities

Seriously there r better buy clustered housing.....not sure how much verdana villas cost now....spacious n peaceful n freehold...i nrly bot one but vit m vy tight tat time:(

or even horizon gardens/green in nearby AMK. Much quieter with facilities too.

I think those are below 2million right?

ysyap
03-07-11, 13:32
Cluster houses like The Shaughnessy (99 LH), Water Terrace (FH) and Horizon Gardens (99 LH) are all located at decent locations with decent floor area and all below $2mil. :D Shaughnessy has a bit of nice view like TG also... :p

Komo
03-07-11, 14:42
TG one has its own pool. If maintained by the condo service will be great. Can also consider poet villa nearby.

hk2313
03-07-11, 15:10
yes, u r right, am european and no PR, otherwise, I would not consider this

Like a large place with full condo facilities not a small niche development

Also , payment schedule fits well, as the first 40% stretched over approx 1.5 years, whereas for completed one, need to cough up 40% immediately, which is a lot of cash

nevertheless, will have a look at the names you mentioned

cl0ver
03-07-11, 15:25
any nice cluster houses around 1.7m?

hopeful
03-07-11, 16:02
i think the guy is not eligible for cluster housing, if he is foreigner and non-PR.
Devilplate did some research if terrace house is part of condo, then foreigner can buy terrace house, otherwise, need approval from LDU.

azeoprop
03-07-11, 16:14
yes, u r right, am european and no PR, otherwise, I would not consider this

Like a large place with full condo facilities not a small niche development

Also , payment schedule fits well, as the first 40% stretched over approx 1.5 years, whereas for completed one, need to cough up 40% immediately, which is a lot of cash

nevertheless, will have a look at the names you mentioned

Another new one coming up with townhouse is eu habitat by far east in Eunos.
http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Web/index.aspx?page=home-prop-info&prop=328

Woodhaven in woodlands offers this concept as well.
http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Web/index.aspx?page=home-prop-info&prop=312

hk2313
03-07-11, 18:10
for both woodhaven and EU, at least in the ads, they dont mention strata houses eligible for foreigners without approval (if they were, dont think FEO would overlook to mention that, as they can sell at vast surcharge same as Cheung Kong does now....)

devilplate
03-07-11, 18:23
for both woodhaven and EU, at least in the ads, they dont mention strata houses eligible for foreigners without approval (if they were, dont think FEO would overlook to mention that, as they can sell at vast surcharge same as Cheung Kong does now....)
Foreigner eligible....u can jus give them a call to double confirm;)

And yes, foreigner nid to get approval for clustered housing .....i forgotten about tat until hopeful mentioned it....:ashamed1:

But the woodhaven townhse too overpriced:2cents:

TG townhse really too ex leh....u better tink twice too:2cents:

Komo
03-07-11, 19:21
TG attracting many BMW and Benz owners:D :D

chiaberry
03-07-11, 19:27
TG one has its own pool. If maintained by the condo service will be great. Can also consider poet villa nearby.

The agent told me the personal pool (jacuzzi) has to be maintained by owner. The big lap pool parallel to the road and the main development pool is maintained by the condo service.

Komo
03-07-11, 19:39
The agent told me the personal pool (jacuzzi) has to be maintained by owner. The big lap pool parallel to the road and the main development pool is maintained by the condo service.
You visited already? How you find? me too shy to go in as I don't drive BMW or benz:ashamed1:

chiaberry
03-07-11, 20:22
You visited already? How you find? me too shy to go in as I don't drive BMW or benz:ashamed1:

I visited the tent last week.

Don't care about the BMW or benz. It's probably the local residents being kay-poh. Or even possibly the agents or agent bosses.

kingkong1984
03-07-11, 20:40
Or bankers.

Wild Falcon
03-07-11, 21:15
Today's ST advertisement full page is SICC. Only a tiny square at the side showing the condo with no emphasis. SICC get free advertisement.

amk
03-07-11, 21:21
Hk2313, why dun u consider the townhouses in dleedon ? More convenient at least got MRT next door. Definitely much better than this.

hk2313
03-07-11, 22:51
@ amk, I cant find any infos on these !!!

chiaberry
03-07-11, 22:59
Google for D'Leedon.

http://cosycondo.com/project-details.aspx?id=336

devilplate
03-07-11, 23:21
Hk2313, why dun u consider the townhouses in dleedon ? More convenient at least got MRT next door. Definitely much better than this.
I tink its not open for sale yet....

ysyap
04-07-11, 01:01
any nice cluster houses around 1.7m?Water Terrace, The Top Residence, Sovereign@Simon and Horizon Gardens! Nice or not is a personal choice! Most only has pool and no other facilities! :spliff2:

hk2313
04-07-11, 16:42
in the end decided to not go ahead, mainly as after looking at the model (which some agents posted online, though offically showroom not open yet) the strata houses with the pool were really toooooo close to the road in my opinion.....

Thanks everybody for the feedback given !

amk
04-07-11, 20:23
@ amk, I cant find any infos on these !!!

R u physically in SG ? Or is ur girl friend Singaporean ? Go pay a visit lah. There is a show house there. It's north of botanic gardens, if u like this greenery thing.

cl0ver
04-07-11, 21:24
Water Terrace, The Top Residence, Sovereign@Simon and Horizon Gardens! Nice or not is a personal choice! Most only has pool and no other facilities! :spliff2:

Water Terrace looks good for its price... FH, near MRT/Nex and some schools...
But it looks pretty close to all your neighbours....

ysyap
04-07-11, 22:13
Water Terrace looks good for its price... FH, near MRT/Nex and some schools...
But it looks pretty close to all your neighbours....Nearly bought it. Developer is still holding on to 2 units but after viewing,decided to give it a miss. Developers rented those 2 units to the wrong tenants who basically turned the units into shrines with altars everywhere. There's a room even with the word 'death'. :doh: But I suppose the other units are still ok. Yes the units are very closed to each other. Only a pool as its facility... location not bad! :D

cl0ver
04-07-11, 22:23
charlton villas also looks nice.... especially the smaller units with the entertainment room.. wonder if it would come down to 2mil or not...

ysyap
04-07-11, 22:31
charlton villas also looks nice.... especially the smaller units with the entertainment room.. wonder if it would come down to 2mil or not...Was at the initial launch but not enough Vit M then. Also thought it was too expensive then so missed the boat lor. The units along the road might be too noisy. Get those inside but I doubt prices will return to $2m. Missed the boat unless something happens to economy. Try Surin Villa for slightly higher price for much more space. :)

hk2313
04-07-11, 23:26
@ amk, D'Leedong Townhouses not released yet, I checked, cheers

chiaberry
05-07-11, 00:25

Do seriously consider them. The location is good. I heard somebody mention that they might be 999 year rather than 99LH? Anybody can confirm or refute? I thought that was a bit weird but maybe they acquired a small piece of land next to the main site that was 999y.

05-07-11, 10:01
Was at the initial launch but not enough Vit M then. Also thought it was too expensive then so missed the boat lor. The units along the road might be too noisy. Get those inside but I doubt prices will return to $2m. Missed the boat unless something happens to economy. Try Surin Villa for slightly higher price for much more space. :)

Surin Villas, be careful of the buayas.:scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-3: :scared-3:

ysyap
05-07-11, 10:06
Surin Villas, be careful of the buayas.:scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-3: :scared-3:You referring to the housing agents or the people staying in Surin Ave? :confused:

05-07-11, 10:28
You referring to the housing agents or the people staying in Surin Ave? :confused:

Surin Villas is just next to the crocodile farm and factory. Interesting place to visit. But when it comes to staying not for me. :scared-3: :scared-3:
http://www.singaporecrocfarm.com/Singapore_CrocFarm/Main.html

ysyap
05-07-11, 10:33
Surin Villas is just next to the crocodile farm and factory. Interesting place to visit. But when it comes to staying not for me. :scared-3: :scared-3:
http://www.singaporecrocfarm.com/Singapore_CrocFarm/Main.htmlHahaha! OIC... yeah yeah... been around there many times but never into the farm! Well thx for the info... :o

fclim
05-07-11, 10:49
http://www.singaporecrocfarm.com/Singapore_CrocFarm/Main.html

hahaha. Two types of buayas might be found in your pool. The human kind is more dangerous...:D

cl0ver
05-07-11, 13:11
Surin is too massive... unless u have parents, in laws all living under one roof... hahaha

ysyap
05-07-11, 13:17
Surin is too massive... unless u have parents, in laws all living under one roof... hahahawell if you have the cash, you won't mind doing with more space... can have karaoke room, personal gym room, study room, etc! :sleep:

hopeful
05-07-11, 18:25

dear HK2313,
as a fellow foreign investor. just to update you the latest news from the grapevine.
if you want to invest in Singapore, you better do it fast. I heard that due to the results of the recent general election, the current government is going to impose more restrictive measures on foreign ownership.

1) foreigner can only sell to Singaporeans only.
2) foreigner cannot take any loan from local banks in Singapore.
3) if foreigner sell within 10 years of their purchase, they will suffer a capital gains tax of 20%.

The measures are confirmed, the thing about points 1) & 3) is that the government may backdate it, meaning, even if you buy now, you might be affected by points 1) & 3).

Having warned you of the coming control measures, (don't say anybody didn't warn you okay.), now, you still want to buy property in Singapore?

cl0ver
05-07-11, 18:35
Foreigners including PRs?

ysyap
05-07-11, 20:13
When will the new measures on foreign ownership kick in? :beats-me-man:

kane
05-07-11, 20:28
dear HK2313,
as a fellow foreign investor. just to update you the latest news from the grapevine.
if you want to invest in Singapore, you better do it fast. I heard that due to the results of the recent general election, the current government is going to impose more restrictive measures on foreign ownership.

1) foreigner can only sell to Singaporeans only.
2) foreigner cannot take any loan from local banks in Singapore.
3) if foreigner sell within 10 years of their purchase, they will suffer a capital gains tax of 20%.

The measures are confirmed, the thing about points 1) & 3) is that the government may backdate it, meaning, even if you buy now, you might be affected by points 1) & 3).

Having warned you of the coming control measures, (don't say anybody didn't warn you okay.), now, you still want to buy property in Singapore?

Sounds like Australia.

chiaberry
05-07-11, 21:12
Sounds like Australia.

*yawn* MND copy idea from Australia。

kingkong1984
05-07-11, 21:18
*yawn* MND copy idea from Australia。
Same with Malaysia?

ysyap
05-07-11, 21:35
*yawn* MND copy idea from Australia。:scared-1: You mean we are not in Australia? :scared-4:

ysyap
05-07-11, 21:37
Whatever the policies, copy or no copy, something must be done before its too late so yes at least KBW is willing to copy and not fearful of being labelled a copycat. He's merely learning the strength of foreign policies and modifying it to suit our country. Better than not doing anything like his predecessor!!! :doh:

hk2313
05-07-11, 22:00
@ hopeful

thanks for the update. TG Strata House was considering for own stay as planning to move around that time, so would not have been a problem. With regards to investment, I think at current market pricings, it seems not really realistic to hope for more gains, I am actually rather looking to sell another property I hold in Singapore

ysyap
05-07-11, 22:26
@ hopeful

thanks for the update. TG Strata House was considering for own stay as planning to move around that time, so would not have been a problem. With regards to investment, I think at current market pricings, it seems not really realistic to hope for more gains, I am actually rather looking to sell another property I hold in SingaporeGood decision to sell but the biggest question here is when. I sold mine and made some profit but 6 months later, that profit could have doubled... :banghead: Decide wisely and all the best! :D

kane
05-07-11, 22:39
If they put in such measures, it'll really give the locals a good shot at home ownership, if they don't make use of this, they'll have no one to blame.

ysyap
05-07-11, 22:50
Seriously I doubt KBW would do something like this to discourage foreign investments in our land. Just when the country can boast its international standing as the highly preferred destination for foreigners to park their funds, they are doing something like that to compromise their standing??? Hmmm.... maybe not. :p

kane
05-07-11, 23:13
Seriously I doubt KBW would do something like this to discourage foreign investments in our land. Just when the country can boast its international standing as the highly preferred destination for foreigners to park their funds, they are doing something like that to compromise their standing??? Hmmm.... maybe not. :p

The measures makes it easy to park funds, whilst taking it out is harder. In this way, it reduces the flow of hot money. Every exit involves a contribution to the coumtry's reserves which may not be a bad thing.

hopeful
06-07-11, 10:30
@ hopeful

thanks for the update. TG Strata House was considering for own stay as planning to move around that time, so would not have been a problem. With regards to investment, I think at current market pricings, it seems not really realistic to hope for more gains, I am actually rather looking to sell another property I hold in Singapore

Not sure whether you have been following the other threads in this forum.
The anti-foreigner sentiments is getting worse by the day, even amongst supposedly rational people.
You sure you want to live in such an enviroment?

devilplate
06-07-11, 10:41
The anti-foreigner sentiments is getting worse by the day, even amongst supposedly rational people.

how about this http://theonlinecitizen.com/

hahaha....

aussie r not foreigner frenly at all and yet many r hoping to migrate over there......hehe:rolleyes:

hk2313
06-07-11, 11:44
been living in China for 14 years, Singapore seems quite tame compared :)

ysyap
06-07-11, 12:44
been living in China for 14 years, Singapore seems quite tame compared :)Welcome to Singapore and I am glad that you find this place conducive... :D

fclim
06-07-11, 16:55

I dont think Singaporeans are blaming the foreigners. It's the government policies that they are not happy with.

devilplate
06-07-11, 17:19
I dont think Singaporeans are blaming the foreigners. It's the government policies that they are not happy with.
Yes...being protective is different from being anti foreigner

ysyap
06-07-11, 17:41
Yes...being protective is different from being anti foreignerTherein lies that intricate balance which the govt must establish... :o

Wild Falcon
07-07-11, 10:23
Are u well travelled? Singapore is still one of the most foreigner friendly countries in the world. I think what Singaporeans are asking for is some differentiation between locals and foreigners, like other countries. In fact most of the time, we treat the foreigners way better than locals, and call all of them "talents", no matter how untalented they are. Foreigners PR can buy public subsidised housing. Mediocre foreigners are given scholarship and free lodging sponsored by Singapore taxpayers. Which other country stoop so low to attract foreigners?

Maybe u should try going to other countries like Europe or Australia, then u can see the difference. Singapore has 40% foreign population - most other developed countries would have made a lot of noise in such a state.

hopeful
07-07-11, 10:48
Are u well travelled? Singapore is still one of the most foreigner friendly countries in the world. I think what Singaporeans are asking for is some differentiation between locals and foreigners, like other countries. In fact most of the time, we treat the foreigners way better than locals, and call all of them "talents", no matter how untalented they are. Foreigners PR can buy public subsidised housing. Mediocre foreigners are given scholarship and free lodging sponsored by Singapore taxpayers. Which other country stoop so low to attract foreigners?

Maybe u should try going to other countries like Europe or Australia, then u can see the difference. Singapore has 40% foreign population - most other developed countries would have made a lot of noise in such a state.

No, I am not well travelled, havent been to those countries you mentioned. Still accumulating capital for investment and very little left for discretionary expenses. So I am still a frog in a well.

in the past = foreigners treated well. i don't dispute that.
at present = anti-foreigner sentiment is building.
Look at what happened to PR sibling rule.
Look at the proposed measures by forummers to curb property prices.
in the future = ????

however, having said that, do you live in the past or the present?
you make decisions based on the past or based on what's in front of your face?

hk2313
07-07-11, 12:06
Maybe better to get back to the topic of TG ?

yesterday evening was preview for all the ones who gave cheque to get discount before showroom opened, has anybody heard how many units sold, especially for the strata houses ? thx

ysyap
07-07-11, 12:21

yesterday evening was preview for all the ones who gave cheque to get discount before showroom opened, has anybody heard how many units sold, especially for the strata houses ? thxCan still sense that you are still harboring hopes of grabbing the strata houses? Hmmm... wonder when it'll be launched? I suppose the showflat is up and running? :D

kane
07-07-11, 12:43
Saw the bright and glitzy panel at their showroom as I drove by last night? Someone's gonna pay for all that lighting. So is the showroom open?

devilplate
07-07-11, 12:51
Saw the bright and glitzy panel at their showroom as I drove by last night? Someone's gonna pay for all that lighting. So is the showroom open?
Its all abt feel gd factor.....y ppl goto high end malls whereas some prefer cheap pasar malam:p

kane
07-07-11, 13:06
Its all abt feel gd factor.....y ppl goto high end malls whereas some prefer cheap pasar malam:p

The lighting was brighter than the street lamp. That's what surprised me. Looks like they spared no effort on marketing. How was vision's showroom like?

devilplate
07-07-11, 13:10
The lighting was brighter than the street lamp. That's what surprised me. Looks like they spared no effort on marketing. How was vision's showroom like?
Vison showroom so so...not comparable to orchard road ones

Most impressive showroom so far shd b deleedon but their individual showflat units super cmi with laminates n homo tiles:p ....hehe ....reflection showroom aso quite good

ysyap
07-07-11, 13:12
The lighting was brighter than the street lamp. That's what surprised me. Looks like they spared no effort on marketing. How was vision's showroom like?Such elaborate shows will not last more than 6 months. Was at the launch of Minton and then there was water features cascading down the wall, blar blar blar but went there recently and everything is completely dry!!! Too costly to upkeep these fanciful gimmicks! :scared-4:

kane
07-07-11, 13:13
This one looks comparable with those orchard road ones.

kane
07-07-11, 13:15
Such elaborate shows will not last more than 6 months. Was at the launch of Minton and then there was water features cascading down the wall, blar blar blar but went there recently and everything is completely dry!!! Too costly to upkeep these fanciful gimmicks! :scared-4:

Not selling the units fast enough.

ysyap
07-07-11, 13:26
Not selling the units fast enough.Hahaha... with 1100+ units, want to sell fast also very difficult. Think they manage 500+ units already... quite ok lah... :D

proud owner
07-07-11, 13:39

totally agree with you ...

the moment a foreigner lands in Changi airport ..he can already feel 'welcomed' ..

ever see foreign passport holders using the "Welcome home Singaporean ' line ?

they never ask them to go to the other queue ..

in NY airport .. 1 line for ALL OTHER passports .. 1 line for USA citizens and green card holders..

even when the American line is EMPTY ..they will not accept/process foreign passports..

you can say they are not efficient .. but hey ..the americans feel good about it ..

every time i come back to spore .. i use the Singaporean line .. only to find foreigners in front of me .. and the custom officers continue to process the entry ..

DO I as singapore get the WELCOME HOME FEEL ??
not so much

all my enthusiasm died at the custom

wesing
07-07-11, 14:23
totally agree with you ...

the moment a foreigner lands in Changi airport ..he can already feel 'welcomed' ..

ever see foreign passport holders using the "Welcome home Singaporean ' line ?

they never ask them to go to the other queue ..

in NY airport .. 1 line for ALL OTHER passports .. 1 line for USA citizens and green card holders..

even when the American line is EMPTY ..they will not accept/process foreign passports..

you can say they are not efficient .. but hey ..the americans feel good about it ..

every time i come back to spore .. i use the Singaporean line .. only to find foreigners in front of me .. and the custom officers continue to process the entry ..

DO I as singapore get the WELCOME HOME FEEL ??
not so much

all my enthusiasm died at the custom

Clearing immigration for Singaporeans and residents (including PRs, student pass, work permit and employment pass holders) are now automated leh. No need to queue up to have your passport reviewed by the ICA officer what:doh: Who ask you to join the foreigner queue:beats-me-man:

proud owner
07-07-11, 14:31
Clearing immigration for Singaporeans and residents (including PRs, student pass, work permit and employment pass holders) are now automated leh. No need to queue up to have your passport reviewed by the ICA officer what:doh: Who ask you to join the foreigner queue:beats-me-man:

i like to be served ...

i hate using that automated gate

but why cant the immigration at least reserve that little 'feel good factor' left for singaporeans ?

is it so hard for them to tell foreigners to stick to foreigner queues ?

wesing
07-07-11, 14:44
i like to be served ...

i hate using that automated gate

but why cant the immigration at least reserve that little 'feel good factor' left for singaporeans ?

is it so hard for them to tell foreigners to stick to foreigner queues ?

If the govt provided an avenue to expedite clearance for Singaporeans and residents but you choose to use the inconvenient manual clearance meant for foreign tourists, blame who:doh:

I am anti-establishment and anti-PAP but one also have to objective to a certain extent when criticising this and that.

So you want ICA to operate a booth specially to cater to returning Singaporean bigshots who like to be served and dislike going through an automated gate which is meant to expedite clearance. Singaporeans are really difficult to please. Got to queue: complain, dun need to queue also complain. How to work like that:doh:

proud owner
07-07-11, 14:52
If the govt provided an avenue to expedite clearance for Singaporeans and residents but you choose to use the inconvenient manual clearance meant for foreign tourists, blame who:doh:

I am anti-establishment and anti-PAP but one also have to objective to a certain extent when criticising this and that.

So you want ICA to operate a booth specially to cater to returning Singaporean bigshots who like to be served and dislike going through an automated gate which is meant to expedite clearance. Singaporeans are really difficult to please. Got to queue: complain, dun need to queue also complain. How to work like that:doh:

in case you havent been out of singapore ..hence not chance to see the immigration from inside out ..

it say.. " welcome home to singaporeans" on the left most counter ...

yet foreigners go to that counter that says "SINGAPOREANS"

and the officer dont tell foreigners to use the rest of the lines

thats what i am questioning

if someone blocks your front gate ..will you graciously use your back gate ?

you are missing the point completely

proud owner
07-07-11, 14:54

there is also a line for CREW members ..

then can i also use it ?
why cant the singaporean crews use the autogate ? and need to have a dedicated line ?
i see the need for them to ENTER quick ..but EXIT also must be quick ?
why that line for crew and yet the line for singaporeans have to be 'shared' with foreigners when foreigners have some 5-8 other lines ?

amk
07-07-11, 14:57
it say.. " welcome home to singaporeans" on the left most counter ...

yet foreigners go to that counter that says "SINGAPOREANS"

bro they are PRs... and by official definition, PRs are "singaporeans" :cool:

personally I share ur feeling...

ysyap
07-07-11, 14:58
I must commend that Malaysians did a good job in letting their people have the feel good factor when those loads of Singapore cars entering Malaysia with the biometric thing must wait till our bladders burst!!! :doh: Then when raining heavily, can't even alight early to walk over to the toilets! :banghead:

kane
07-07-11, 15:05
Hahaha... with 1100+ units, want to sell fast also very difficult. Think they manage 500+ units already... quite ok lah... :D

Should keep the water flowing if they have sold half. Give people the feel good factor when they cone to pick up the remaining half.

wesing
07-07-11, 15:07
there is also a line for CREW members ..

then can i also use it ?
why cant the singaporean crews use the autogate ? and need to have a dedicated line ?
i see the need for them to ENTER quick ..but EXIT also must be quick ?
why that line for crew and yet the line for singaporeans have to be 'shared' with foreigners when foreigners have some 5-8 other lines ?

Could not understand your reasons for using the immigration to illustrate why Singapore treat foreigners differently, a point I agree fully with you.

Just take a look at NUS. Foreigner PhD lecturers (some can even speak proper English) got housing allowance while Singaporean lecturers of a similar if not better qualifications are not entitled to it.

When one visits a restaurant in Singapore, you can see waiters treating the white guy better or different than a yellow/brown dude.

ysyap
07-07-11, 15:08
Should keep the water flowing if they have sold half. Give people the feel good factor when they cone to pick up the remaining half.Not cost effective coz those who are still coming are self motivated and not lured into the showflats so they don't think its economically viable to continue to give this group of people the feel good factor... :D But I must add that when they put up all those water features then, the psf was much lower. Now without all these gimmicks, its so much higher psf so those who only buy now are greatly disadvantaged! :doh:

devilplate
07-07-11, 15:16
I must commend that Malaysians did a good job in letting their people have the feel good factor when those loads of Singapore cars entering Malaysia with the biometric thing must wait till our bladders burst!!! :doh: Then when raining heavily, can't even alight early to walk over to the toilets! :banghead:
So pls dun visit msia unless u r on biz trip....:p

kane
07-07-11, 15:21
Not cost effective coz those who are still coming are self motivated and not lured into the showflats so they don't think its economically viable to continue to give this group of people the feel good factor... :D But I must add that when they put up all those water features then, the psf was much lower. Now without all these gimmicks, its so much higher psf so those who only buy now are greatly disadvantaged! :doh:

Maybe it's time for them to do one of those relaunch stunts. I find those attempts pretty pathetic and amusing.

ysyap
07-07-11, 15:27
Could not understand your reasons for using the immigration to illustrate why Singapore treat foreigners differently, a point I agree fully with you.

Just take a look at NUS. Foreigner PhD lecturers (some can even speak proper English) got housing allowance while Singaporean lecturers of a similar if not better qualifications are not entitled to it.

When one visits a restaurant in Singapore, you can see waiters treating the white guy better or different than a yellow/brown dude.Such behavior is predominant at every corner in Singapore except in showflats where cheques get the most respect! No cheque, whether ang mo or yellow brown dude all kana the :scared-5: look! Once take out cheque book, its :).

kane
07-07-11, 15:30
Let's not turn this thread into a debate outside of property? There are so many other threads and forum for such things.

ysyap
07-07-11, 15:31
Maybe it's time for them to do one of those relaunch stunts. I find those attempts pretty pathetic and amusing.Usually relaunches are done after an economic downturn or something drastic like major change of floorplans, etc. Doing a relaunch now is indeed amusing and even ridiculous! :p

cindyw03
07-07-11, 21:26

yesterday evening was preview for all the ones who gave cheque to get discount before showroom opened, has anybody heard how many units sold, especially for the strata houses ? thx
Today is the preview for registered buyer, showflat will open at tomorrow. As I know, 8 units sold out by one sales group by 11:30am. One lady looks like to buy a corner strata house.

Developer will provide crystal lights for master & common bath

mantrix
07-07-11, 21:45
Today is the preview for registered buyer, showflat will open at tomorrow. As I know, 8 units sold out by one sales group by 11:30am. One lady looks like to buy a corner strata house.

Developer will provide crystal lights for master & common bath

LOL crystal lights? Or chandeliers? Crystal lights I can get for $200 or less a piece...

gratz to lady buying corner strata house at $3,500,000 :D

hk2313
07-07-11, 22:04
corner strata was actually 3.8 mio minimum (6000 + sqf), and not supposed to be released this week, as only 2 of them....

cindyw03
07-07-11, 22:08
LOL crystal lights? Or chandeliers? Crystal lights I can get for $200 or less a piece...

gratz to lady buying corner strata house at $3,500,000 :D

is crystal lights. can see the sample in showflat.

the corner strata house is more than 3.5M, the lady's seems 4.x M

kane
07-07-11, 23:37
4m for strata 99 year? this has to take to cake.

devilplate
07-07-11, 23:43
4m for strata 99 year? this has to take to cake.
Dleedon townhse cost more rite? I tink ard 6 mil+

ysyap
08-07-11, 07:38
Dleedon townhse cost more rite? I tink ard 6 mil+Location!!! 2 locations so far apart cannot compare like that lah! :o

chiaberry
08-07-11, 09:00
corner strata was actually 3.8 mio minimum (6000 + sqf), and not supposed to be released this week, as only 2 of them....

Hi I went this morning at 8am to check out Upper Thomson Road for you. In my opinion, the traffic is too noisy at the location where those houses backing on the long lap pool would be (parallel to the road). If you are still considering the houses, suggest that the houses backing the school would be a safer option (further away from the traffic).

wesing
08-07-11, 10:49
Extracted from The Business Times dated July 8, 2011:

In the private housing segment, Cheung Kong Holdings today previews its Thomson Grand project opposite Singapore Island Country Club. The posh sales gallery cost over $8 million and incorporates more than 100,000 Swarovski crystals, including the chandelier center-piece. The sales gallery embodies certain features of the project's Faberge Clubhouse, which will resemble a bejewelled egg.

The initial batch of 50 units in the 361-unit project comprises two, three and four-bedroom apartments as well as strata terrace houses.

Cheung Kong said that he terrace houses, with strata areas of 5,102-6,566 sq ft, will be priced at $3.5-4.6 million while apartment prices will range from $1.4 million for a two-bedder to $3.8 million for a four-bedroom unit. It said that all apartments will cost above $1,400 psf. However, sources suggest that $1,400 psf is more likely to be the average price.

Cheung Kong clinched the 99-year leasehold site for %533 psf ppr in late 2009.

hk2313
08-07-11, 14:50
@ Chiaberry

thanks, no, we are not considering anymore, only that row with the lap pool was of interest, but even from the model we saw online, it seemed it was too close to the road

Agent hasnt told me how many houses sold, saying buyers need to sign final papers today....but I feel didnt sell all, whereas last week they said many cheques received for all of the houses...wait and see

DaytonaSS
08-07-11, 15:58
@ Chiaberry

thanks, no, we are not considering anymore, only that row with the lap pool was of interest, but even from the model we saw online, it seemed it was too close to the road

Agent hasnt told me how many houses sold, saying buyers need to sign final papers today....but I feel didnt sell all, whereas last week they said many cheques received for all of the houses...wait and see

went for the launch today! The showroom is very grand indeed! Got canapes and drinks n chocolates. Not bad at all.

Saw strata houses lap pool is quiet close to the main road, but got a wall there so shouldnt be much of issues.But the units all get straight out WEST sun. Should be very hot.

Finishing is quiet nice in the showflat 2 , 3 ,4 bedroom. Should appeal to many pple here, with the square layouts.

ard 1500 psf for 2 bedroom, 1300++ for 3 bedders(1399sqft)

DaytonaSS
08-07-11, 15:59
Hi I went this morning at 8am to check out Upper Thomson Road for you. In my opinion, the traffic is too noisy at the location where those houses backing on the long lap pool would be (parallel to the road). If you are still considering the houses, suggest that the houses backing the school would be a safer option (further away from the traffic).

i was there ard 1pm. no much traffic, road is clear!!

Wild Falcon
08-07-11, 16:04
Spent $8 million on the showflat wor. It better look nice. Is it the latest trend to spend obscene amount on the showflat which will be torn down any way? How's the sales huh? All sold out or not?

azeoprop
08-07-11, 16:05
really grand prices indeed! :scared-1:

kane
08-07-11, 16:05
they should plant some taller trees by the wall along the road to buffer off the sound from the road because there's no view to be had in the first place.

that stretch is busy in the mornings when people are going to work.

$8m for the showroom? hmm... maybe should go kaypoh a bit.

DaytonaSS
08-07-11, 16:13
Spent $8 million on the showflat wor. It better look nice. Is it the latest trend to spend obscene amount on the showflat which will be torn down any way? How's the sales huh? All sold out or not?

Turn left and right marbles everywhere!!! On the floor , on the walls, even on the bedroom floors. The bedroom floor marble is for display only, real deal is engineered timber, devil would like this.

first day, crowd turn out not bad. They even have a big tentage holding area for agents.

No infor on sales done

kane
08-07-11, 16:16
Turn left and right marbles everywhere!!! On the floor , on the walls, even on the bedroom floors. The bedroom floor marble is for display only, real deal is engineered timber, devil would like this.

first day, crowd turn out not bad. They even have a big tentage holding area for agents.

No infor on sales done

for that price, it better be marble everywhere.

DaytonaSS
08-07-11, 16:17
Btw, no flaming pls....

$1500 psf get u a Sin Ming Walk address, upper thomson will sound nicer.

kane
08-07-11, 16:19
Btw, no flaming pls....

$1500 psf get u a Sin Ming Walk address, upper thomson will sound nicer.

isn't the address Jln Tambur? From the drawings, it looks like it.

DaytonaSS
08-07-11, 16:25
isn't the address Jln Tambur? From the drawings, it looks like it.

that is only exit, cannot enter.

flagship74
08-07-11, 16:26
Not worth it lah..:tsk-tsk:

azeoprop
08-07-11, 16:31
maybe can donate the crystals to me when they tear down the showroom haa haa... :rolleyes:

ysyap
08-07-11, 16:36
Extracted from The Business Times dated July 8, 2011:

In the private housing segment, Cheung Kong Holdings today previews its Thomson Grand project opposite Singapore Island Country Club. The posh sales gallery cost over $8 million and incorporates more than 100,000 Swarovski crystals, including the chandelier center-piece. The sales gallery embodies certain features of the project's Faberge Clubhouse, which will resemble a bejewelled egg.

The initial batch of 50 units in the 361-unit project comprises two, three and four-bedroom apartments as well as strata terrace houses.

Cheung Kong said that he terrace houses, with strata areas of 5,102-6,566 sq ft, will be priced at $3.5-4.6 million while apartment prices will range from $1.4 million for a two-bedder to $3.8 million for a four-bedroom unit. It said that all apartments will cost above $1,400 psf. However, sources suggest that $1,400 psf is more likely to be the average price.

Cheung Kong clinched the 99-year leasehold site for %533 psf ppr in late 2009.These home prices include that $8mil used to do up the showflat... Buyers are paying for these stuff... :) I would rather the developers save on these big big posh showflats and make it simple and cut the price of each unit by $100k or so... :scared-4:

Condo Kaiser
08-07-11, 16:40
they launched a little too late i feel...

now the sentiment not so strong liao....

personally giving this project a miss...

kingkong1984
08-07-11, 16:45
the sentiment will be even weaker later....

hurry, go buy now before pulse is dead.

azeoprop
08-07-11, 16:48
Meant for people with deep pockets where money is not an issue. Everything must be Grand and showcase extreme class and quality.

:)

kingkong1984
08-07-11, 16:52
Meant for people with deep pockets where money is not an issue. Everything must be Grand and showcase extreme class and quality.

why dont consider twin peaks instead? got 3 stars there already.

cut size by about half and maintain about similar quantum.

Condo Kaiser
08-07-11, 17:03

if money not an issue then won't go buy there already lo....

cl0ver
08-07-11, 17:25
Business Times - 08 Jul 2011

Cheung Kong sells 50 units at Thomson Grand's preview

By KALPANA RASHIWALA
SINGAPORE - Hong Kong's Cheung Kong Holdings said on July 8 that it has sold all 50 units at its Thomson Grand condo project in Singapore set aside for the first day of preview.
The two- to four-bedroom apartments were sold at prices ranging from about $1,100 per square foot to $1,600 psf, reflecting an average price of about $1,400 psf.
Eleven of the 22 strata terrace homes in the 99-year leasehold project opposite Singapore Island Country Club were also sold, with the highest transacted at $4.1 million.
The developer said it will now release a further 20 units for sale this weekend.

azeoprop
08-07-11, 17:34
if money not an issue then won't go buy there already lo....

Buy for their pet to stay one ... haa haa. :rolleyes:

East Coast Boy
08-07-11, 17:37
Just went for the launch this afternoon !

Agent told me they sold about 80+ units yesterday night. Those buyer who brought yesterday are all buying without viewing the show flat but giving better discount as compare today.

Today max 4.5% discount. Stack #19-18 1689Sqft was $1,470psf after discount.

Terrace houses with 5000+ Sqft are min $3.4M or $ 660psf after discount. They sold about 8 units already. :D :D :D

fclim
08-07-11, 17:52
Business Times - 08 Jul 2011

Cheung Kong sells 50 units at Thomson Grand's preview

By KALPANA RASHIWALA
SINGAPORE - Hong Kong's Cheung Kong Holdings said on July 8 that it has sold all 50 units at its Thomson Grand condo project in Singapore set aside for the first day of preview.
The two- to four-bedroom apartments were sold at prices ranging from about $1,100 per square foot to $1,600 psf, reflecting an average price of about $1,400 psf.
Eleven of the 22 strata terrace homes in the 99-year leasehold project opposite Singapore Island Country Club were also sold, with the highest transacted at $4.1 million.
The developer said it will now release a further 20 units for sale this weekend.

They just did Capland a big big favour. Now Capland can launch their Bishan 8 site at $1,600 psf aso no problem..

cl0ver
08-07-11, 18:11
Just went for the launch this afternoon !

Agent told me they sold about 80+ units yesterday night. Those buyer who brought yesterday are all buying without viewing the show flat but giving better discount as compare today.

Today max 4.5% discount. Stack #19-18 1689Sqft was $1,470psf after discount.

Terrace houses with 5000+ Sqft are min $3.4M or $ 660psf after discount. They sold about 8 units already. :D :D :D

read properly, they said 11 of 22 strata houses sold already!!!!

kane
08-07-11, 18:12
Their marketing worked. Money was no object to that 50.

azeoprop
08-07-11, 18:25
They just did Capland a big big favour. Now Capland can launch their Bishan 8 site at $1,600 psf aso no problem..

But that one got no view. This one got view and grand finishing. No mrt and no hdb malls better. Grand living not meant to mix with hdb crowd. Got exclusive thomson plaza and golf course view. Unique boutique shops and restaurants along upper thomson and thomson roads.

Grand living not meant to squeeze with people in popular sub urban malls during weekends, and certainly not for wannabes buying MM units.

:D

bargain hunter
08-07-11, 19:20
At this rate. july's new home sales number is going to be hot hot hot!

read properly, they said 11 of 22 strata houses sold already!!!!

ysyap
08-07-11, 19:47
They just did Capland a big big favour. Now Capland can launch their Bishan 8 site at $1,600 psf aso no problem..Then they must also add fanciful gimmicks into their showflats and must have special features in their project before they can launch at $1600 psf... :p

ysyap
08-07-11, 19:50
But that one got no view. This one got view and grand finishing. No mrt and no hdb malls better. Grand living not meant to mix with hdb crowd. Got exclusive thomson plaza and golf course view. Unique boutique shops and restaurants along upper thomson and thomson roads.

Grand living not meant to squeeze with people in popular sub urban malls during weekends, and certainly not for wannabes buying MM units.

:DYes yes... for those who can buy and afford to leave that unit vacant for many months/years before deciding to come in for the summer vacation or weekend stay to play golf. ;)

azeoprop
08-07-11, 20:48
Yes yes... for those who can buy and afford to leave that unit vacant for many months/years before deciding to come in for the summer vacation or weekend stay to play golf. ;)

Yah because those who bought believe that other buyers are of this kind of level, won't anyhow firesale when recession comes one. The higher the price the better haa haa, phase out those who cannot make it.

:D

amk
08-07-11, 21:31
Wow well done LKS ! Another vision in the making !

stiook
08-07-11, 21:36
No new developement in this area for a long time. So probably the reason for the strong response. Will be interesting to see how many local buyers...

Wild Falcon
08-07-11, 22:00
50 units is not a lot. I'm not surprised if mostly sell to own people in dodgy deals. Hong Kong companies are famous for that. i still remember not too long ago the highest PSF transacted in HK of US$11,000psf turned out to be a fluke which is essentially selling to own companies. A few high profile individuals were investigated for that.

hyenergix
08-07-11, 22:20
50 units is not a lot. I'm not surprised if mostly sell to own people in dodgy deals. Hong Kong companies are famous for that. i still remember not too long ago the highest PSF transacted in HK of US$11,000psf turned out to be a fluke which is essentially selling to own companies. A few high profile individuals were investigated for that.

I suspect this is the scenario too. Upper Thomson is never a place where the super-rich or flamboyant people like to stay. It is an area more for humble rich people and loud condo designs or supercars are not their cup of tea.

kingkong1984
08-07-11, 22:20
Full page and stamp preview.... Why not full launch....

Might as well say 99 launched and taken....