PDA

View Full Version : Which is hotter: JLD or One-North?

CCR
04-06-11, 11:57
Guys which do you think will be hotter? More potential for upside? jLD or OneNorth? I was just comparing the master plan for both and both areas are quite large and each have it's own unique attributes.... But it seem to me that One North might attract a higher quality working crowd? Your views please....

devilplate
04-06-11, 12:29
Guys which do you think will be hotter? More potential for upside? jLD or OneNorth? I was just comparing the master plan for both and both areas are quite large and each have it's own unique attributes.... But it seem to me that One North might attract a higher quality working crowd? Your views please....

both r not CCR leh....y u keen???:beats-me-man: :rolleyes:

extremme
04-06-11, 12:30
Though I have vested interest in jld but. I personally prefer one north

CCR
04-06-11, 12:37
Trying to park a small portion of money outside of CCR.... So trying to gather feedback.... And I tend to agree that One North is better but maybe coz it's close to CCR and I am very strong supporter of CCR hence maybe my views is not objective enough, hence I am trying to gather views... Maybe I should ask BJT21... He is like the Guru lol....

CCR
04-06-11, 12:38

Then why never buy One North? And why do you prefer one North?

devilplate
04-06-11, 12:40

1 north got no fencing wor....looks weird to me....

got some firesale big units at the rochester....3bedder calling ard 1300psf

tenantfile
04-06-11, 14:32
According to me North is much better sa it has more functiona attribute related to professional also.

Regulators
04-06-11, 18:32
one north is quite a dead place during off peak, but it will attract expat tenants working in the biopolis, NUH, NUS and MOE. holland v is also quite a hike away and rochester just across the road has nothing much except eateries. JLD has more life definitely, but again in terms of prestige, one north is better.

Regulators
04-06-11, 18:34
you are right, some units face the row of shops beside it and are directly above the public walkway which seems quite odd. someone can throw an egg at your window and the security wouldnt even know.

hyenergix
04-06-11, 19:39
The JLD is still unfolding and there are many plots of land to drive up the prices of existing developments. Beyond JLD there is Tuas, Jurong Island, NTU that are still expanding but there are no condos there for the executives to stay.

devilplate
04-06-11, 20:11
The JLD is still unfolding and there are many plots of land to drive up the prices of existing developments. Beyond JLD there is Tuas, Jurong Island, NTU that are still expanding but there are no condos there for the executives to stay.
Tats y centris so so hot in demand? The rental psf ave 3.5 which is vy high for jurong

Regulators
04-06-11, 22:10
renting centris equals to paying for one stop convenience to all the shops downstairs.

Tats y centris so so hot in demand? The rental psf ave 3.5 which is vy high for jurong

DaytonaSS
04-06-11, 23:49

salute! Damn every development in Singapore also cannot escape your eyes. Almost every thread will have your presence.

devilplate
05-06-11, 00:46
salute! Damn every development in Singapore also cannot escape your eyes. Almost every thread will have your presence.
Me ppty enthu.....i seldom visit luxury condos though....feel vy shy to enter bcoz usually no other customers....haha....

sentosa n prime orchard i m not familiar:o
Anyway, this forum nobody discuss abt luxury condos...can see no $ to buy....hehe

extremme
05-06-11, 01:47

no $$$$. JLD only $800psf, one north $1300 psf already considered firesale haiz

One north is mainly because of the convenience, near town, near holland drive and buona vista is gg become the centre for thoe transiting between mrt n circle line.. gg to have alot of traffic volume there

RE_Owner
05-06-11, 09:02
Really cannot understand u. U throw in million $ in a property u don like at all :doh: u have been complaining about the property tat u invested in. If u don like, u shld park yr money somewhere :doh: :doh:

DaytonaSS
05-06-11, 10:07
Me ppty enthu.....i seldom visit luxury condos though....feel vy shy to enter bcoz usually no other customers....haha....

Anyway, this forum nobody discuss abt luxury condos...can see no $ to buy....hehe

haha me too, recently pick up the hobby of visiting showflats. MAybe next time got similar interest in new lauch, we can jio go down see together and exchange pointers.

HAvnt have chance to see super lux showrooms. The most impressive i have seen in terms of view and finishing would be reflections. Damn impressive with their 3000 sqft unit.

extremme
05-06-11, 15:09
Really cannot understand u. U throw in million $ in a property u don like at all :doh: u have been complaining about the property tat u invested in. If u don like, u shld park yr money somewhere :doh: :doh:
Haha never say I dun like it I'm
Quite happy w it but if I had more money will prefer ccr or rcr who wouldn't? :)

At this pt in time e current property suits my needs most as it's within my limited budget n near parents n in laws place n best is near my children cc n future primary school

rattydrama
05-06-11, 17:31
one north price too high, the question is can it still move further? I think the gap is quite big. If I am an investor I will look at upside potential.

CCR
06-06-11, 16:38
So JLD is better for upside while one north has higher prestige?

ay123
06-06-11, 16:44
I think JDL is unpolish gem if looking for long term view. so capital appreciation is definitely better than one north when JDL is fully materialised. With the 2 white sites being bidded at high price, u can see that developers is confidence and govt is also very agressive in pushing for JDL development. is not like few years back when JDL is talk only.......

CCR
06-06-11, 16:47
I am worried coz no confident if JLD will pick up... The plans looksmimmpressive but it take many years man and I am notmsure they will see it through now that the population growth is going to slow down...

ay123
06-06-11, 17:31
few years ag when they annouce the plan. nobody will want to bite becos of the "Punggol" story. but now even few ministries already confirmed to move there by 2015. so this JDL story will definitely materialise. Also the two white sites must be complete within 7 years as stated in the clause.

proud owner
06-06-11, 17:54

if i remember correctly ...

you are a full time property investor ... you 'work' from home ... so can go viewing, open house etc anytime

hence you know almost every condo ....

maybe you can change name to Property Almanac?

proud owner
06-06-11, 18:00
I think JDL is unpolish gem if looking for long term view. so capital appreciation is definitely better than one north when JDL is fully materialised. With the 2 white sites being bidded at high price, u can see that developers is confidence and govt is also very agressive in pushing for JDL development. is not like few years back when JDL is talk only.......

for own stay i choose One North residences ... the environment is damn serence , Rochestor is noisy

1N has no fence,,correct ... but one cannot get in without being granted access ...
throw eggs at your window .... most condo also can throw eggs at them from outside the wall ...

for investment ... i go for JLD ... whether the plan goes thru or not ... there arent many big plot left in singapore ...

my opinion is based on personal preference ...and with the choice of only One North and JLD

if open to other condos / location .... these 2 may not be considered at all

CCR
06-06-11, 19:21
Sir when I mean one north I meant the whole area, not the condo one north residence....

devilplate
06-06-11, 19:40
if i remember correctly ...

you are a full time property investor ... you 'work' from home ... so can go viewing, open house etc anytime

hence you know almost every condo ....

maybe you can change name to Property Almanac?
All i can say is i dun work for anyone except for myself....ppty is a form of hobby....keep myself updated wif the latest design n trends as well as the actual ground fact n stats;)

Full time ppty investor? Nope....

Ppty only gd enuff for wealth accumulation

Jadey
07-06-11, 14:57

Long term view,I would go for JLD because there are plenty of new projects and development going on in Tuas and Jurong area, which mean plenty of job. And once PSA move from Tanjong Pagar to Tuas, many offices around keppel area will need to relocated to JLD.

CCR
07-06-11, 23:25
But don't you think one north with media Corp, all the medical and info comm sectormthere will be hotter and more funky and higher end... I feel JLD will be a big tam pines... Lots Of heartland and up graders...

devilplate
07-06-11, 23:47
Which profession got the highest rental budget?

kingkong1984
08-06-11, 03:56
Which profession got the highest rental budget?
The oldest profession. Pro.