PDA

View Full Version : City Plaza

cbsh38584
19-06-11, 09:59
Early May 2011 , the owner wanted to sell his unit at City plaza. Asking $850k for 980sq feet. I offered the owner $801k. Owner may willing to let go a@ $840k . Just last friday, the agent told me that the owner now want to sell @ $920k.

In 2006, I did offered the owner at city plaza $510k for 980sqf. But It was sold to another buyer @$515k. Regret never countered offered @$520k.

rdgs,
Victor

devilplate
19-06-11, 10:12
Early May 2011 , the owner wanted to sell his unit at City plaza. Asking $850k for 980sq feet. I offered the owner $801k. Owner may willing to let go a@ $840k . Just last friday, the agent told me that the owner now want to sell @ $920k.

In 2006, I did offered the owner at city plaza $510k for 980sqf. But It was sold to another buyer @$515k. Regret never countered offered @$520k.

rdgs,
Victor
Hmmm...wat msg u trying to convey?

cbsh38584
19-06-11, 11:05
Some owners are getting more greedy. My friend offered a price to the owner to match his asking price.. The owner later changed his mind & ask for more.

Same for me when I bought a 4 rm HDB flat last year. Already agreed on the final price. The next day, he want $5000 more.

rdgs,
Vic

devilplate
19-06-11, 11:08
Some owners are getting more greedy. My friend offered a price to the owner to match his asking price.. The owner later changed his mind & ask for more.

Same for me when I bought a 4 rm HDB flat last year. Already agreed on the final price. The next day, he want $5000 more.

rdgs,
Vic
Yeah, partly bcoz of tat many decide to buy from developer..lol

Lovelle
19-06-11, 12:12

rdgs,
Vic

in 2006 , u buy anything now worth 500k more ..

cbsh38584
20-06-11, 08:15
In 2006, I bought "The Seaview" Condo" @ $820 psf high floor. Recently (May) sold to a PRC buyer for @ $1590 psf. My tgt is $1600 psf.

I was lucky as the PRC buyer really like the other lower floor unit with pool view (>$1650 psf). But the other seller keep asking for more until the PRC buyer refuse to buy from him even though he can afford to pay. I heard from my agent that he up his asking price now (Jun) to $1700psf .

Just on the same day, the PRC decided to view my high floor unit. Within 30 min, the deal is done as he find me quite flexible in nego. FYI, he also bought a unit in Sentosa on the same day. He told us that he owned 6 hotels in Shenzhen.

rdgs,
Victor

devilplate
20-06-11, 08:45
In 2006, I bought "The Seaview" Condo" @ $820 psf high floor. Recently (May) sold to a PRC buyer for @ $1590 psf. My tgt is $1600 psf.

I was lucky as the PRC buyer really like the other lower floor unit with pool view (>$1650 psf). But the other seller keep asking for more until the PRC buyer refuse to buy from him even though he can afford to pay. I heard from my agent that he up his asking price now (Jun) to $1700psf .

Just on the same day, the PRC decided to view my high floor unit. Within 30 min, the deal is done as he find me quite flexible in nego. FYI, he also bought a unit in Sentosa on the same day. He told us that he owned 6 hotels in Shenzhen.

rdgs,
Victor

wow...1590psf is record high psf(correction: realised got a 1700psf done:eek: )....congrats

however, seaview is really a gem in D15.....if i own one, i may wana keep it forever....guess the profit is too tempting for u

cbsh38584
20-06-11, 09:12
wow...1590psf is record high psf(correction: realised got a 1700psf done:eek: )....congrats

however, seaview is really a gem in D15.....if i own one, i may wana keep it forever....guess the profit is too tempting for u

The seaview is a great for INVESTMENT. But not a great for living. Master bedroom smaller than my 4 bedroom HDB bedok old flat because of the bay window. I think I will buy back smaller unit 1216 if price drop
INVESTMENT. Looking at Silversea also.

FYI, the Property tax ($4300/yr plus) and maintenance fee is very high ($450/mth) for 3 bedroom. Not every unit can rent out as there are too many vacant units in D15.

The $$$ I hv now is invested in SG bond yielding 3-5%. Will wait for opportunity in 2012/2013. Hopefully can buy the best location with best facing. Not better.

FYI, all those high psf sold in "the seaview condo" are mostly bought by PRC.

rdgs,
Victor

condolisa
20-06-11, 10:03
The seaview is a great for INVESTMENT. But not a great for living. Master bedroom smaller than my 4 bedroom HDB bedok old flat because of the bay window. I think I will buy back smaller unit 1216 if price drop
INVESTMENT. Looking at Silversea also.

FYI, the Property tax ($4300/yr plus) and maintenance fee is very high ($450/mth) for 3 bedroom. Not every unit can rent out as there are too many vacant units in D15.

The $$$ I hv now is invested in SG bond yielding 3-5%. Will wait for opportunity in 2012/2013. Hopefully can buy the best location with best facing. Not better.

FYI, all those high psf sold in "the seaview condo" are mostly bought by PRC.

rdgs,
Victor

SG bond 3-5%? Which issue and maturity?

devilplate
20-06-11, 10:04
SG bond 3-5%? Which issue and maturity?

SGS bond? and how easy to sell in open market?

cbsh38584
20-06-11, 10:13
SGS bond? and how easy to sell in open market?

Capland >3.9% & DBS pref 4.7%. Quite easy to sell in open mkt.
But have to be careful on the future rise of interest rate in 2012 or 2013.

rdgs,
Victor

devilplate
20-06-11, 10:18
Capland >3.9% & DBS pref 4.7%. Quite easy to sell in open mkt.
But have to be careful on the future rise of interest rate in 2012 or 2013.

rdgs,
Victor

ya, if int rate rise, bond px will go south

i dun tink its a gd time to enter bond market.....nid to wait for int rate to normalise first:2cents:

Lovelle
20-06-11, 13:38
ya, if int rate rise, bond px will go south

i dun tink its a gd time to enter bond market.....nid to wait for int rate to normalise first:2cents:

get the Singapore bond rather than those corp bond. safer

Laguna
20-06-11, 14:08
LOL, sold The Seaview and gg to buy City Plaza....
what can u do at City Plaza? enbloc?

cbsh38584
21-06-11, 09:38
LOL, sold The Seaview and gg to buy City Plaza....
what can u do at City Plaza? enbloc?

My "The seaview unit" has put up for rental for almost 9 mths. Yet
nobody offered. Reason given too bright , too high , Master bedroom too small , dont like the ID , asking price a bit high (5.5k) etc.

My "The seaview" condo is not for living. It is for investment. My bedok 4 bedrm hdb is better living (unblock view & south facing) than my condo.

Luckily, my unit was sold at a reasonable price to a PRC investor.
Most of my fund are now invested in SG bond which yield ave 4% Plus.
If I stay invested my SG bond for 2 yrs, I may be better off than holding
my condo. $1590 X 1.04 X 1.04 = $1720 psf.

As for city plaza, it is for investment. But the asking price is too high.
std chart valution is $800k. Hong Leong even worst $720k. Quite easy to
rent out for city plaza. It is now rented out @2.8k. I did invest a unit at District 11. 10 shelford apt. This is for my son.

I will be back at D15. Just hopefully, can get the best view.

rdgs,
Victor

devilplate
21-06-11, 10:28
My "The seaview unit" has put up for rental for almost 9 mths. Yet
nobody offered. Reason given too bright , too high , Master bedroom too small , dont like the ID , asking price a bit high (5.5k) etc.

My "The seaview" condo is not for living. It is for investment. My bedok 4 bedrm hdb is better living (unblock view & south facing) than my condo.

Luckily, my unit was sold at a reasonable price to a PRC investor.
Most of my fund are now invested in SG bond which yield ave 4% Plus.
If I stay invested my SG bond for 2 yrs, I may be better off than holding
my condo. $1590 X 1.04 X 1.04 = $1720 psf.

As for city plaza, it is for investment. But the asking price is too high.
std chart valution is $800k. Hong Leong even worst $720k. Quite easy to
rent out for city plaza. It is now rented out @2.8k. I did invest a unit at District 11. 10 shelford apt. This is for my son.

I will be back at D15. Just hopefully, can get the best view.

rdgs,
Victor

oh u r the one who bot 10shelford....hehe....but u expect ur son to stay single ar?:p

ur rental woes is vy common now for those rental above 4k especially for non-ccr location....but i tot 9mths of waiting abit too much? 5.5k for a 3bedder high flr is quite reasonable leh.....rental so jialat ar? :scared-3: :scared-1:

and i suppose ur 3bdr was sold for ard 2mil rite.....big unit=big quantum n rental yield suxx

personally, i expect min of 3k rental for a FH 1mil ppty and slightly more for 99LH depending on age

cbsh38584
21-06-11, 10:53
oh u r the one who bot 10shelford....hehe....but u expect ur son to stay single ar?:p

ur rental woes is vy common now for those rental above 4k especially for non-ccr location....but i tot 9mths of waiting abit too much? 5.5k for a 3bedder high flr is quite reasonable leh.....rental so jialat ar? :scared-3: :scared-1:

and i suppose ur 3bdr was sold for ard 2mil rite.....big unit=big quantum n rental yield suxx

personally, i expect min of 3k rental for a FH 1mil ppty and slightly more for 99LH depending on age

For my son (2 yrs plus) NY primary school. Hopefully can go in.

I sold 2.2kk plus . The seaview is great for investment provide U have
the lower floor unit with best pool view. Not easy to rent out those with Children at very high floor. It is not great for living. Very high cost living
at the Seaview. High property tax ,high maintenace fee & high pub bill.

rdgs,
Victor

devilplate
21-06-11, 11:03

the lower floor unit with best pool view. Not easy to rent out those with Children at very high floor. It is not great for living. Very high cost living

rdgs,
Victor

if wat u say is true as in u cant rent out ur 3bedder for 5.5k for 9mths, den i tink its wise to let others carry the hot potato.....i always tot rental at the seaview is pretty strong:scared-5: (one amber 3bedder rented out for 5k on average and even their 1bedder fetches 3k at least and 3bedder seaview shd be no prob of getting 5.5k rite?:confused: )

cbsh38584
21-06-11, 11:23
if wat u say is true as in u cant rent out ur 3bedder for 5.5k for 9mths, den i tink its wise to let others carry the hot potato.....i always tot rental at the seaview is pretty strong:scared-5: (one amber 3bedder rented out for 5k on average and even their 1bedder fetches 3k at least and 3bedder seaview shd be no prob of getting 5.5k rite?:confused: )

I have a french couple came to view for rental. When she step into the living room. The 1st sentence come up from her mouth LOUDLY.

"I hate this fixtures wall". I was sitting at my Sofa. She later apologies to
me & left immediately. This Fixture wall ID designer is from Orange Cube.

With many condo TOP at D15, not easy to rent out now @ 5.5k now. Maybe 5k is OK. Maybe no luck for rental. But lower floor with pool view is quite easily to rent out. The pool view is in great demand. Many investors
are eyeing it.

rdgs,
Victor

Lovelle
21-06-11, 11:25
ur profit is over a million. Better then collecting 5.5k

cbsh38584
21-06-11, 11:59
ur profit is over a million. Better then collecting 5.5k

My profit a mllion plus. But long run, I believe the seaview can go as high as 1800 psf if MRT is ready. It maybe 5-10 yrs down the road to reach $1800 psf. If U have $$$, better to put it in property rather than stock.

But dont buy lousy location for investment. The appreciation will be very
slow & not easy to rent out.

rdgs,
Victor.

Lovelle
21-06-11, 14:09
My profit a mllion plus. But long run, I believe the seaview can go as high as 1800 psf if MRT is ready. It maybe 5-10 yrs down the road to reach $1800 psf. If U have $$$, better to put it in property rather than stock.

But dont buy lousy location for investment. The appreciation will be very
slow & not easy to rent out.

rdgs,
Victor.

hi victor,

there are many "good locations" to choose from but over time there are some location that goes up higher then others.

compare Sea View and metropolitan for eg. both good locations but px diff is 200psf ?

I_RIDE_DEEP
21-06-11, 16:20
I have a french couple came to view for rental. When she step into the living room. The 1st sentence come up from her mouth LOUDLY.

"I hate this fixtures wall". I was sitting at my Sofa. She later apologies to
me & left immediately. This Fixture wall ID designer is from Orange Cube.

With many condo TOP at D15, not easy to rent out now @ 5.5k now. Maybe 5k is OK. Maybe no luck for rental. But lower floor with pool view is quite easily to rent out. The pool view is in great demand. Many investors
are eyeing it.

rdgs,
Victor
Hi. How much is maintencefee for seaview three bedder? Tks.

cbsh38584
21-06-11, 16:32
Hi. How much is maintencefee for seaview three bedder? Tks.

1410 sqft = $450.

The mgmt wanted to increase to $500plus for 1410 sqft in 2010.
As for 560 . 1216 & 1647 sqft same increase proportionally. But ALL residents were against the big increases. So from $352 plus increase to $450 wef Sep 2010.

1st car is FOC. 2nd car I think $70/mth although there are many empty lots. I think 3rd car is $150 plus.

rdgs,
Victor

SpinCity
21-06-11, 17:26

Why do you expect higher rent for 99LH properties than FH ones? Is it because for the 1m quantum, you the 99LH properties are generally bigger than FH ones?

devilplate
21-06-11, 19:05
Why do you expect higher rent for 99LH properties than FH ones? Is it because for the 1m quantum, you the 99LH properties are generally bigger than FH ones?
I wud expect higher rental yield for 99lh ppty

Laguna
21-06-11, 20:14
U can't rent out for 9 months, it is a matter of pricing.

The Seaview, best units are the pool view units. lower floors are better.

Life is great in The Seaview, it is a resort style living...of course, come with a price.

When u hv the monies to stay in The Seaview, then shall not be counting so much then. Monies, only when u spent, then are yours, else, belong to your children.

Fleur
21-06-11, 23:44

rdgs,
Victor

Are you going into shelford then? Congrats on your million dollar profits.

Fleur
21-06-11, 23:46
Actually, instead of moving into shelford, could have kept the sea view and try for Tao nan for your son....

cbsh38584
22-06-11, 08:14
Actually, instead of moving into shelford, could have kept the sea view and try for Tao nan for your son....

I am also looking a smaller unit in D15 i.e within 1 km to Tao nan.
In the meantime, park my fund in SG bond.
Let wait till 2012/2013.

SpinCity
22-06-11, 09:04
I wud expect higher rental yield for 99lh ppty

I see. You meant higher yield. I thought you meant higher rent for 99LH properties in your last posting.

Laguna
22-06-11, 09:27
I do look into the possibility of City Plaza to be enbloc and finally ruled out the risk of buying for enbloc is relatively higher.

It is very difficult for a mixed development to enbloc...
the classic case is the Lucky Plaza

devilplate
22-06-11, 10:06
I see. You meant higher yield. I thought you meant higher rent for 99LH properties in your last posting.

correct mah...same same 1mil quantum 99lh ppty, wud expect to fetch more den 3k rental which aso means higher rental yield

eminor82
22-06-11, 13:58
I do look into the possibility of City Plaza to be enbloc and finally ruled out the risk of buying for enbloc is relatively higher.

It is very difficult for a mixed development to enbloc...
the classic case is the Lucky Plaza

hi can I ask y is mixed developments hard to enbloc? I tot there are cases of mixed developments being enbloc? eg ruby plaza

thks

SpinCity
22-06-11, 14:48
correct mah...same same 1mil quantum 99lh ppty, wud expect to fetch more den 3k rental which aso means higher rental yield

Sorry, you get me confused. Do you mean that a 1m 99LH property can fetch higher rent than 2 1m FH property, hence higher yield, assuming everything else, such as size/location/facility held equal?

Any particular reason why?
The only possible reason I can think of is that for the same 1m quantum, 99LH properties have bigger area due to its lower psf than FH properties,

Laguna
22-06-11, 15:28
hi can I ask y is mixed developments hard to enbloc? I tot there are cases of mixed developments being enbloc? eg ruby plaza

thks
It is very difficult to come out with an acceptable apportion method for both commercial and residential units.

Based on individual unit valuation or based on share value or based on area?

devilplate
22-06-11, 16:35
Sorry, you get me confused. Do you mean that a 1m 99LH property can fetch higher rent than 2 1m FH property, hence higher yield, assuming everything else, such as size/location/facility held equal?

Any particular reason why?
The only possible reason I can think of is that for the same 1m quantum, 99LH properties have bigger area due to its lower psf than FH properties,
Tats one of my investment criteria

99lh ppty must hf higher rental yield compared to a fh one...tats all:)