PDA

View Full Version : What factors do you look for?

lambchop
22-06-11, 15:55
Hi all, what are your most important considerations when choosing a home for own stay? Besides the obvious (e.g. price). Thanks! :)

ysyap
22-06-11, 15:59
Hi all, what are your most important considerations when choosing a home for own stay? Besides the obvious (e.g. price). Thanks! :)Sure depend on your family dynamics and requirements. If there are school going independent kids, then must at least be near MRT. Also near to work or not as a personal choice. Think there are many treads on this in this forum... can check out coz tonnes of discussions have already been made! :D

hopeful
22-06-11, 20:16
Hi all, what are your most important considerations when choosing a home for own stay? Besides the obvious (e.g. price). Thanks! :)

well, i look whether there are nearby eateries serving delicious lamb chops.

DaytonaSS
22-06-11, 20:17
well, i look whether there are nearby eateries serving delicious lamb chops.

HAHAHA that funny!

rattydrama
22-06-11, 21:47
tot the trend now is near good school. btw, which pri school is better for boys and got some hope of getting in no need parent volunteer work.

azeoprop
23-06-11, 07:41
For me must be quiet as I work through the night sometimes and sleep in the day.

Must have some cheap hawker food within walking distance.

Best to have unblocked view or nature views from the apartment.

:D

devilplate
23-06-11, 08:25
tot the trend now is near good school. btw, which pri school is better for boys and got some hope of getting in no need parent volunteer work.

it seems like a trend for u now bcoz ur boy is going to pri 1 soon? hehe:p

devilplate
23-06-11, 08:29
for own stay:
1) not facing main road (very impt, definitely no no)
2)no west sun (slight west on certain part of the hse still ok)
3)N-S-E facing and single loading layout preferred (very hard to find)
4)got nice unblocked views will be a bonus

for investment: anything tat can make good $$$:D :D :D

Jonathan0503
23-06-11, 09:35
for own stay:

What's a single loading layout?

devilplate
23-06-11, 09:40
What's a single loading layout?

something like sky11....front and back unblocked with superb cross ventilation

best facing and layout will be NS single loading+corner facing east......

interlace got quite a few such units....but vy big units:D

Laguna
when choosing unit for own stay, I prefer condo.
To choose unit in a condo, the following points

1. far away from the BBQ pits
2. far away from the children playground
3. depends on what sort of pool, not to be near to children pool.
4. Pool view is great, provided there are great pools with low usage
5. far away from the bin centre, and pump room
6. not near to the carpark entrance
7. NS facing
8. distance between the blocks

ysyap
for own stay:

for investment: anything tat can make good $$$:D :D :DAgreed but more than that, not even near main road, less facing it. The sound from the passing cars and bikes and trucks is even worse than the MRT trains passing! Worse are houses beside the expressway. How to sleep!

ysyap
23-06-11, 09:42
when choosing unit for own stay, I prefer condo.
To choose unit in a condo, the following points

1. far away from the BBQ pits
2. far away from the children playground
3. depends on what sort of pool, not to be near to children pool.
4. Pool view is great, provided there are great pools with low usage
5. far away from the bin centre, and pump room
6. not near to the carpark entrance
7. NS facing
8. distance between the blocksThen u can stay in penthouses... far from everything but still got great pool view. Just have to find a NS facing penthouse! :D

devilplate
23-06-11, 09:47
Then u can stay in penthouses... far from everything but still got great pool view. Just have to find a NS facing penthouse! :D

high rise PH whr got poolview liao:p

actually miltonia 4bdr PH(those NE facing ones) layout and facing quite ideal liao....everything seems gd except location

ysyap
23-06-11, 09:51
high rise PH whr got poolview liao:p

actually miltonia 4bdr PH(those NE facing ones) layout and facing quite ideal liao....everything seems gd except locationNo need high rise condo lah... get a low rise condo like 6 storey or 8 storey penthouse can still see pool but a bit small only lor! :D

gn108
23-06-11, 10:03
Agree with your list for own stay ...add just one...
For 'in-betw' children eg say Sec Sch/JC - accessibility to transport (MRT)

Another new single loading project (rare!) - Buckley Residence.
Single load tend to be in bigger and older developments.

for own stay:

ysyap
23-06-11, 10:12
Agree with your list for own stay ...add just one...
For 'in-betw' children eg say Sec Sch/JC - accessibility to transport (MRT)

Another new single loading project (rare!) - Buckley Residence.
Single load tend to be in bigger and older developments.It is rare in condos but common in old HDB designs leh! :o

Laguna
23-06-11, 10:13
Then u can stay in penthouses... far from everything but still got great pool view. Just have to find a NS facing penthouse! :D

PH - no no for me

too hot, balcony not covered...so u can imagine during hot days and down pour
When u look down from PH and see the pool,,u feel giddy...and u look into all the ugly balcony of others...

ysyap
23-06-11, 10:26
PH - no no for me

too hot, balcony not covered...so u can imagine during hot days and down pour
When u look down from PH and see the pool,,u feel giddy...and u look into all the ugly balcony of others...Can build your little roof over your balcony. Don't look down lor. Just look up and enjoy the star gazing! :spliff:

devilplate
23-06-11, 10:33
It is rare in condos but common in old HDB designs leh! :o

u mean those corridor units? hahaha

even point blocks not truely single loading.....goto be 2units per floor or like 'terraces' kind of layout with corner terrace being the premium wif NS-E facing...BEST!

ysyap
23-06-11, 10:35
u mean those corridor units? hahaha

even point blocks not truely single loading.....goto be 2units per floor or like 'terraces' kind of layout with corner terrace being the premium wif NS-E facing...BEST!Don't care about definitions... :D Just enjoy the breeze. My house got super strong cold cold wind during Dec/Jan. Open front door also must wear jacket when sitting in the living room... Like in Genting. i like it! :p

testtest
23-06-11, 10:41
for own stay:

If bo pien to take facing main road, how high up is acceptable to escape the traffic noise?

devilplate
23-06-11, 10:46
If bo pien to take facing main road, how high up is acceptable to escape the traffic noise?

i am not an expert in this field...but i realise noise travels upwards...so....just use beacon heights for eg....i wud expect low flrs to be much quieter bcoz noise shielded by trees....another exprience at lumiere....low flr almost cannot hear the traffic noise unlike higher flrs

but if ur development is near to main road (with not much trees providing some sort of shielding), i will get top few floors to avoid the fumes/soot since high or low flrs will still get traffic noise

or unless ur development is like 60+ The Sail...top few flrs surely cannot hear any traffic noise liao....

ysyap
23-06-11, 11:02
If bo pien to take facing main road, how high up is acceptable to escape the traffic noise?Really depend on the flow density of the main road you are facing. If its the expressway, I was up at 20 storey and the sound is still not within tolerable decibels. Not sure about 50 storey up but certainly must be above 25 or even 30 to have some ear peace!:)

gn108
23-06-11, 11:10
No experience - but I think its below 9th floor with mature tree-line and above 25th floor. In-betw can get very noisy if near busy expressways/major roads.

Really depend on the flow density of the main road you are facing. If its the expressway, I was up at 20 storey and the sound is still not within tolerable decibels. Not sure about 50 storey up but certainly must be above 25 or even 30 to have some ear peace!:)

Jonathan0503
23-06-11, 14:20

I see. Actually most HDB have such layout right?

ysyap
23-06-11, 14:32
I see. Actually most HDB have such layout right?There are some definitions to qualify and apparently devilplate knows well. I thought the older HDB qualifies but he said no... :D

Jonathan0503
23-06-11, 15:07
i am not an expert in this field...but i realise noise travels upwards...so....just use beacon heights for eg....i wud expect low flrs to be much quieter bcoz noise shielded by trees....another exprience at lumiere....low flr almost cannot hear the traffic noise unlike higher flrs

but if ur development is near to main road (with not much trees providing some sort of shielding), i will get top few floors to avoid the fumes/soot since high or low flrs will still get traffic noise

or unless ur development is like 60+ The Sail...top few flrs surely cannot hear any traffic noise liao....

I have a friend who stays at Cote D'Azur, high floor, sea facing.

He cannot tahan the noise from ECP, even after staying for a few years and recently decided to move elsewhere...

plastic
23-06-11, 15:07
for own stay:

I wonder how many people share these sentiments? I bought my unit with N-S-E facing, unblocked view (at least for now), but facing main road, and single loading. The agent did not highlight these when he sold the apartment to me. Now that I know, I hope it can command a better selling price or rental.

propertyguru
23-06-11, 15:23
I wonder how many people share these sentiments? I bought my unit with N-S-E facing, unblocked view (at least for now), but facing main road, and single loading. The agent did not highlight these when he sold the apartment to me. Now that I know, I hope it can command a better selling price or rental.

Common for people to avoid west-facing because of the heat, and common to avoid main roads because of bad fengshui. But all these are individual preferences, so I am not sure they justify a premium or discount.

But can someone explain what single loading means?

ysyap
23-06-11, 15:26
Common for people to avoid west-facing because of the heat, and common to avoid main roads because of bad fengshui. But all these are individual preferences, so I am not sure they justify a premium or discount.

But can someone explain what single loading means?According to devilplate, single loading means

http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://forums.condosingapore.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=169994)

maisonjai
23-06-11, 17:50
But can someone explain what single loading means?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4210965/for-sale-nova-48

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/floorplan/nova-48/floorplan-TypeC.jpg

see picture, easier to understand.

devilplate
23-06-11, 18:04

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/floorplan/nova-48/floorplan-TypeC.jpg

Nova selling 1100psf....looks cheap leh....but too bad not buying anything now due to 4yrs ssd...hehe

maisonjai
23-06-11, 21:33
If comparing psf against P11 looks cheap..haha. But hor the surroundings along balestier :(
SSD sianz also put me off, unless buy for own stay.

kingkong1984
23-06-11, 21:43
for own stay:

expert advice...

own stay... must make sure it feels right.

15 yr old COE car can give u more than $10k profit, also consider good buy right?

rattydrama
23-06-11, 21:54
it seems like a trend for u now bcoz ur boy is going to pri 1 soon? hehe:p

haha still got many years to go but now paying attention for apartment near school. I think near good school is safer as this is the consider for any parents.

Well generally my preference is near MRT for investment... but maybe own stay far far away n nr school.

kingkong1984
23-06-11, 22:01
haha still got many years to go but now paying attention for apartment near school. I think near good school is safer as this is the consider for any parents.

Well generally my preference is near MRT for investment... but maybe own stay far far away n nr school.

truly a singaporean.

MRT, good to invest.

Far Far away.. cheap to stay... stay only what... sometimes gives reward like the Shaugnessy. The Shaugnessy was at $2xx psf when launched... should be the cheapest psf at the time. I recalled it is similar to HDB's psf. But now... hahaha... laughing all the way to the bank.

propertyguru
23-06-11, 22:30
According to devilplate, single loading means

http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://forums.condosingapore.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=169994)

Thanks. I think it's not difficult to find NS facing, but single-loading might be quite hard to find given how packed many areas are nowadays. Even if you find a single loading one, no guarantee that it will remain so after a few years.

propertyguru
23-06-11, 22:31

Thanks, appreciate the pictures.

devilplate
23-06-11, 23:09
Thanks. I think it's not difficult to find NS facing, but single-loading might be quite hard to find given how packed many areas are nowadays. Even if you find a single loading one, no guarantee that it will remain so after a few years.

Single loading refering to the unit layout which will hf vy gd cross ventilation...dun hf to be unblock:D

So happen tat sky11 both front n bck unblock lor...and it is super windy

rockinsg
23-06-11, 23:22
Single loading refering to the unit layout which will hf vy gd cross ventilation...dun hf to be unblock:D

My friend used to stay at elias green..used to love the wind there.. so windy sometime have to close window cause too windy...
Unfortunately its far out of the everything...else was really nice place for family stay if can get unit away from TPE.......not sure now if Livia,NV have stopped the wind :mad:

New developments are so closed pack.. everything in packed now.. condo..mrt..:banghead:

ysyap
24-06-11, 00:11
My friend used to stay at elias green..used to love the wind there.. so windy sometime have to close window cause too windy...
Unfortunately its far out of the everything...else was really nice place for family stay if can get unit away from TPE.......not sure now if Livia,NV have stopped the wind :mad:

New developments are so closed pack.. everything in packed now.. condo..mrt..:banghead:Bo pian.. govt raise plot ratio so developer rushing to maximize profit lor. Who wouldn't? :D Last time got huge open space carparks, now new HDB all mscp. :doh: Singapore so small how to be far apart for buildings? :p

propertyguru
24-06-11, 01:53

I see. However, some people don't like overly windy units. It's supposedly bad for fengshui heh.

DC33_2008
24-06-11, 09:37
There are if you look hard enough.
Bo pian.. govt raise plot ratio so developer rushing to maximize profit lor. Who wouldn't? :D Last time got huge open space carparks, now new HDB all mscp. :doh: Singapore so small how to be far apart for buildings? :p

devilplate
24-06-11, 09:58
I see. However, some people don't like overly windy units. It's supposedly bad for fengshui heh.

argument nvr ends...

some say windy bad for FS and very dusty....some complain very hot stuffy n no wind...

some say NS facing no gd as bad for FS bcoz dark dark no light and things get mouldy whereas others complain EW very hot n humid

if its too windy, jus close some of the windows lor....dun hf to fully open all of them rite? hehe....got wind better den no wind....i am no expert in FS but i believe, got wind(feng) and got water(shui) very gd for a house:p

DC33_2008
24-06-11, 10:32
Not into FS. Most buyers will look for good location, good view, good ventilation (ie. windy), and most importantly with good potential to grow. Difficult for all the stars to align.
argument nvr ends...

some say windy bad for FS and very dusty....some complain very hot stuffy n no wind...

some say NS facing no gd as bad for FS bcoz dark dark no light and things get mouldy whereas others complain EW very hot n humid

if its too windy, jus close some of the windows lor....dun hf to fully open all of them rite? hehe....got wind better den no wind....i am no expert in FS but i believe, got wind(feng) and got water(shui) very gd for a house:p

ysyap
24-06-11, 10:40
Yes... try selling to ang mos FS... :doh: Its always very subjective lah...no right and wrong! :o

Lovelle
24-06-11, 11:43
Tiong Bahru, condo Twin Peak also single loading...

devilplate
24-06-11, 11:47

nice project...unblocked views as well....but i find the path leading to basement carpark vy narrow....better drive smaller cars...hehe

Lovelle
24-06-11, 12:06
nice project...unblocked views as well....but i find the path leading to basement carpark vy narrow....better drive smaller cars...hehe

went to view during launch, really nobody in showroom. They asking 800++to 1k psf that time.

no confident at all

Jonathan0503
24-06-11, 13:48

Twin Peaks at Leonie hill?