PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable Rent for 3BR in D12

propertyguru
01-07-11, 02:01
Was wondering what people think would be a reasonable rent for a 3BR apartment in the Ah Hood neighbourhood? No facilities, not particularly near MRT (but five minutes bus ride to either Novena or Toa Payoh MRT stations). Sparsely furnished, but unit is quite spacious - about 1600 sf.

Competing developments are The Arte (which has facilities and is newer), but probably smaller unit for same number of bedrooms, maybe Citrine (which has a pool), and any of the condos across the expressway in Toa Payoh.

I am thinking I should be able to get at least $3,000. Would be grateful for any views. Thanks.

Komo
01-07-11, 07:08
$3k probably can only pay for 2 bedder only....

propertyguru
01-07-11, 09:20
$3k probably can only pay for 2 bedder only....

Huge supply in the area, and my place is not considered near the MRT station and has no facilities, hence my apprehension about too high an asking price. There are not only older apartments like mine, but also newer condos like The Arte. In addition, there're some old HDB flats in Ah Hood so anybody looking for a place will be spoilt for choice.

I think my only advantage is that the unit is pretty spacious, with three bedrooms and minimal wastage (very small balconies).

devilplate
01-07-11, 09:24
Huge supply in the area, and my place is not considered near the MRT station and has no facilities, hence my apprehension about too high an asking price. There are not only older apartments like mine, but also newer condos like The Arte. In addition, there're some old HDB flats in Ah Hood so anybody looking for a place will be spoilt for choice.

I think my only advantage is that the unit is pretty spacious, with three bedrooms and minimal wastage (very small balconies).

if ur unit dun hf any facilities and if facade n common area looks old and rundown...den u better compare ur rental prices with the HDBs...perhaps can fetch slightly more den a 5rm flat nearby....ask 3k lor....anything above 2.5k ok liao(depends on ur condition)

u noe those geylang apts without facilities fetch about 2.5-3k now for 3bdr.....and the funny thing is the agts selling MMs there told me MM studio can fetch 2.5k:scared-1: hahaha