PDA

View Full Version : renting out my HDB, whole unit, what things to watch out for?

ikan bilis
02-07-11, 14:21
Renting out my HDB, whole unit, what things to watch out for?...
before I :doh: :banghead: :simmering: :scared-4: :scared-3: ....

ysyap
02-07-11, 14:26
Renting out my HDB, whole unit, what things to watch out for?...
before I :doh: :banghead: :simmering: :scared-4: :scared-3: ....1. Agree on terms of TA
2. Inform HDB
3. Terminate your carpark season parking if you have a car
4. Terminate your power supply bill plus all other bills

Feel free to add on..:p

kingkong1984
02-07-11, 14:56
1. Agree on terms of TA
2. Inform HDB
3. Terminate your carpark season parking if you have a car
4. Terminate your power supply bill plus all other bills

Feel free to add on..:p

dont terminate powersupply.

Instead have the tenant to pay electricty according to bill.

It will come in handy if the tenants dun pay their bills and rental ontime.

ysyap
02-07-11, 15:00
dont terminate powersupply.

Instead have the tenant to pay electricty according to bill.

It will come in handy if the tenants dun pay their bills and rental ontime.Don't understand! What I meant is to change owner name. Let authorities deal directly w them...:p

kingkong1984
02-07-11, 15:15
Don't understand! What I meant is to change owner name. Let authorities deal directly w them...:p

I had a encounter with late paying tenants (but stayed with us > 2 years). The last straw came in and I ask them to pay now or I cut the electricity supply since it is still under my name. After that, they paid up promptly but I chased them out thereafter.

Got new and better tenants thereafter.

ysyap
02-07-11, 15:35
I had a encounter with late paying tenants (but stayed with us > 2 years). The last straw came in and I ask them to pay now or I cut the electricity supply since it is still under my name. After that, they paid up promptly but I chased them out thereafter.

Got new and better tenants thereafter.Good for you. I'll get the agent to talk to them if late payment. If still cannot, evict them. No need to use power supply to threaten them. :spliff:

kingkong1984
02-07-11, 15:37
Good for you. I'll get the agent to talk to them if late payment. If still cannot, evict them. No need to use power supply to threaten them. :spliff:

last straw lah.

dun need to involve agent

dun need to involve lawyers

just say will do.

chiaberry
02-07-11, 15:39
HDB whole units are now in short supply. You can be choosy about the tenants. Preferably rent out to professionals and a mixture of male/female (if all female you get worried if they are also running another business on the side). Warn them you will carry out spot checks on them periodically (and also threaten them that HDB can spot check them at any time especially if they create disturbance or nuisance to your neighbours).

It is a lot down to luck. But hopefully they will not spoil your house too badly.

If at the end of 2 years, they prove to be good tenants (ie keep the place in decent condition, pay the rent promptly, not too demanding etc), you can consider not to raise their rent in order to retain them as tenants. Because it is not easy to find good and reliable tenants for HDB flat.

ysyap
02-07-11, 16:00
I know of tenants who actually add an additional lock to prevent the owners from accessing the house! Not sure if this is permitted? Hmmm...

Arcachon
02-07-11, 22:23
Add this to the Tenancy Agreement.

In the event HDB issues an eviction order to complaint of noisy disturbance during wee hour from this unit with Evidence, the two months security deposit shall be used as a monthly rental during the period of sourcing for new tenants of up to two months. If new tenant can be found lesser than two months, the landlord shall undertake to refund the balance of deposit to the tenant proportionately.

Letter from HDB to me to vacate the tenants within 14 days.

TERMINATION OF SUBLETTING APPROVAL AT APT BLK XX BXX ROAD #XX-XX

I refer to our email dated XX Aug 2010 regarding noise nuisance from your unit.

2 We have received another feedback on XX Nov 2010 that the occupiers (i.e. subtenants) in the flat are causeing noise nuisance again late at night. We have previously sought your co-operation in April 2010 and Aug 2010 to inform your subtenants to reduce their noise activities.

3 Despite HDB's constant reminder to you to reduce the noise activities and in view of the constant noise actitvities that are of disturbance to the harmonious living environment, HDB hereby, will revoke the subletting approval dated XX April 2007 by giving you two weeks' notice. Please ensure that the subtenants are to vacate the premises at Blk XX BXX Road #XX-XX by XX Dec 2010.

4 Please contact me at XXXXXX or email [email protected] or my staff Mr Txxx Hxxx xxxt at 6xxxxxx or email [email protected] if you have any clarification.

ysyap
02-07-11, 22:27
Add this to the Tenancy Agreement.

In the event HDB issues an eviction order to complaint of noisy disturbance during wee hour from this unit with Evidence, the two months security deposit shall be used as a monthly rental during the period of sourcing for new tenants of up to two months. If new tenant can be found lesser than two months, the landlord shall undertake to refund the balance of deposit to the tenant proportionately.

Letter from HDB to me to vacate the tenants within 14 days.

TERMINATION OF SUBLETTING APPROVAL AT APT BLK XX BXX ROAD #XX-XX

I refer to our email dated XX Aug 2010 regarding noise nuisance from your unit.

2 We have received another feedback on XX Nov 2010 that the occupiers (i.e. subtenants) in the flat are causeing noise nuisance again late at night. We have previously sought your co-operation in April 2010 and Aug 2010 to inform your subtenants to reduce their noise activities.

3 Despite HDB's constant reminder to you to reduce the noise activities and in view of the constant noise actitvities that are of disturbance to the harmonious living environment, HDB hereby, will revoke the subletting approval dated XX April 2007 by giving you two weeks' notice. Please ensure that the subtenants are to vacate the premises at Blk XX BXX Road #XX-XX by XX Dec 2010.

4 Please contact me at XXXXXX or email [email protected] or my staff Mr Txxx Hxxx xxxt at 6xxxxxx or email [email protected] if you have any clarification.Wow... either your tenants are really a pain in the xxx or your neighbours are very intolerant to the slightest of noise. I use to have neighbours who'd quarrel every night, using terms of endearment such as #&^!@%# or #*@()*$ but I also didn't complain to HDB or town council. :doh: Then again what if its not the tenants but the owners who're noisy, what would HDB do? Take back possession of that unit? :scared-4:

whoh757
03-07-11, 00:08
Upon the 5-yr HDB MOP, can we rent out the whole HDB unit immediately whilst buying and staying in a 2nd property i.e. in total have a HDB for rental, and a private condo to stay in? thanks, not too sure on this point.. :confused:

ysyap
03-07-11, 00:15
Upon the 5-yr HDB MOP, can we rent out the whole HDB unit immediately whilst buying and staying in a 2nd property i.e. in total have a HDB for rental, and a private condo to stay in? thanks, not too sure on this point.. :confused:My reason is pretty simple. If HDB allows whole unit rental, then owners must stay elsewhere and since HDB disallows double HDB ownership, it has to be a private condo lor... :D

Check out HDB website, it says nothing about where the owners can stay...

Eligibility Conditions: Flat Owners

To sublet the entire flat, you need to satisfy the condition of a 3-year or 5-year Minimum Occupation Period (MOP).

You are allowed to sublet your whole flat if you have occupied your:

Non-subsidised flat (flat purchased from the open market without a CPF housing grant) for at least 3 years if your application for the purchase of the flat was received before 30 Aug 2010;
Non-subsidised flat (flat purchased from the open market without a CPF housing grant) for at least 5 years if your application for the purchase of the flat was received on or after 30 Aug 2010;
Subsidised flat (flat purchased directly from HDB or from the open market with a CPF housing grant) for at least 5 years

Flat Owners’ Responsibilities

As a flat owner subletting your flat, you will be responsible for:

Making sure the flat is sublet to eligible subtenants only
Making sure that there is no overcrowding and the number of subtenants does not exceed the maximum number allowed
Making sure that your subtenants have entered and are remaining in Singapore lawfully at all times (while the subletting is in force)
Making sure that your subtenants do not further sublet the flat to other persons
Making sure that your subtenants comply with all the covenants in the lease and the provisions of the Housing & Development Act and that you are responsible for all infringements, if any, committed by them
Informing the Comptroller of Property Tax of the subletting, and HDB of any changes in the subletting
Resuming occupation of your flat and ensuring your subtenants vacate the premises when:
The subletting is terminated, or
You are no longer eligible to sublet your flat
Surrendering the flat if the flat is repossessed by HDB

ysyap
03-07-11, 00:21
Chanced upon this reply by an agent in property guru. Hope it helps! If still uncertain, just call HDB and ask directly.

Owners may sublet their flat if they have met the minimum occupation period:

1. For non-subsidised flats (flats purchased from the open market without a CPF housing grant), flat owners must have occupied their flat for at least 3 years;

2. For subsidised flats (flats purchased directly from the HDB or from the open market with a CPF housing grant), flat owners must have occupied their flat for at least 5 years.

Flat owners who meet the eligibility requirements above and who concurrently own a private property, are allowed to stay in the private property and sublet the HDB flat.

Alternatively, you may give me a call anytime at 9695-2550 for a friendly discussion. Let me know your views as I am here to help! Thank you!

Warmest Regards
Dalen Chee

propertyguru
03-07-11, 04:02
Deleted...

tericia
03-07-11, 16:57
when i was renting out my HDB, i also kept the power under my name cuz agent says if they don't pay, you know. If not, they can owe a few months and run, then you'll have some trouble.

devilplate
03-07-11, 18:06
when i was renting out my HDB, i also kept the power under my name cuz agent says if they don't pay, you know. If not, they can owe a few months and run, then you'll have some trouble.
Shd at least hold 2mths deposit lor....4-5k deposit is enuff to cover

smallant
03-07-11, 23:12
1) Dun bank on agents to chase tenant for rental lor..
I once use a agent from reputable DTx.. According to them, once the
TA is sign... tis is between landlord & tenant. The agent no longer is
compelled to serve u ! So Gd Luck to you !
2) Not Easy to Sue tenants / chase them out
The court of law here is pro tenant.. Takes you a lot of $ to evict the
tenant lawfully lor.. If they insist no moving.. You also LL..
:doh:

devilplate
03-07-11, 23:27
1) Dun bank on agents to chase tenant for rental lor..
I once use a agent from reputable DTx.. According to them, once the
TA is sign... tis is between landlord & tenant. The agent no longer is
compelled to serve u ! So Gd Luck to you !
2) Not Easy to Sue tenants / chase them out
The court of law here is pro tenant.. Takes you a lot of $ to evict the
tenant lawfully lor.. If they insist no moving.. You also LL..
:doh:
Sg not so bad....some european countries r much worse....

Mabe tats y angmor r not into buying ppty to let out

chiaberry
03-07-11, 23:27
Those of you who are regular landlords MUST get a good agent who can help you to chase tenants. Although it might not be technically their job to do this but the good ones will include it as part of their service to you. In this way, you can keep on giving them the job when it comes time to renew the lease. Your agent is short-sighted if he/she doesn't help you out during the tenancy.

devilplate
03-07-11, 23:33
Those of you who are regular landlords MUST get a good agent who can help you to chase tenants. Although it might not be technically their job to do this but the good ones will include it as part of their service to you. In this way, you can keep on giving them the job when it comes time to renew the lease. Your agent is short-sighted if he/she doesn't help you out during the tenancy.
Cannot depend on agts one....they aso powerless

They cant do anything....tenants dun pay, how they chase? They only advise u wat to do to evict by SOP

ysyap
04-07-11, 00:51
So if retain power supply, how to charge that bill to tenants? Very troublesome! Or include ballpark figure into monthly rental fee so just absorb where losses if any? Or just let the monthly bill continue to bill to them under my name and they settle it themselves? Have always left the bills to tenants these years and fortunately not met any unscrupulous tenants like what's mentioned here. :scared-4:

westman
04-07-11, 08:37

MY ex-neighbor adopted the same approach as you but ended up with huge bills..

Apparently, he let his tenant to pay according to bills for utilities and phone. Everthing looks fine for two years. When contract ended per TA agreement, the tenant (A PRC couple) fly out of Singapore straight away but leave behind huge utilities bill and phone bill.

In total, my neighbor still hold 1 month deposit (which is around $1800) but yet insufficient to pay off $400++ utitlities (looks like the tenant on aircon 24/7 for the last month) and $2000++ IDD bill to UK and China during the last month. The PRC couple remain uncontactable and was told they have had migrated to UK per their parents feedback back in China.. Hope of getting $$$ back is like ZERO..

So, becareful wor when the utilities and phone is still under your name wor....

:2cents:

hopeful
04-07-11, 08:49

Apparently, he let his tenant to pay according to bills for utilities and phone. Everthing looks fine for two years. When contract ended per TA agreement, the tenant (A PRC couple) fly out of Singapore straight away but leave behind huge utilities bill and phone bill.

In total, my neighbor still hold 1 month deposit (which is around $1800) but yet insufficient to pay off $400++ utitlities (looks like the tenant on aircon 24/7 for the last month) and $2000++ IDD bill to UK and China during the last month. The PRC couple remain uncontactable and was told they have had migrated to UK per their parents feedback back in China.. Hope of getting $$$ back is like ZERO..

Has Singapore already install smart meter for electricity?
can you set limits for electrical, & telephone? Think water is a bit harder to set limits.

chiaberry
04-07-11, 08:49
If you have bad luck with the tenants, it can be a real headache :banghead: . That is why I still keep my same tenant for the 3rd 2 year term, even though he is paying much less than other flats of similar size but he 100% of the time pay up the rent and no major complaints. No need to be greedy and grab another tenant who could turn out to be the tenant-from-hell.

devilplate
04-07-11, 09:25
Has Singapore already install smart meter for electricity?
can you set limits for electrical, & telephone? Think water is a bit harder to set limits.

pub bills not so bad...is the IDD calls tat matters!:scared-3:

devilplate
04-07-11, 09:27
If you have bad luck with the tenants, it can be a real headache :banghead: . That is why I still keep my same tenant for the 3rd 2 year term, even though he is paying much less than other flats of similar size but he 100% of the time pay up the rent and no major complaints. No need to be greedy and grab another tenant who could turn out to be the tenant-from-hell.

i met all kind of tenants b4...and my conclusion is tat race/religion/skin color doesnt matter at all!:hell-hath-no-fury:

and yes, give abit of discount to keep a gd tenant is worthwhile if u r keeping the ppty for long term

ppl say jap tenants very clean....like real only:tsk-tsk:

ysyap
04-07-11, 09:27

:2cents:So what's the max if one leaves the aircon on for 24hrs a day for one full month? $1000? Maybe just let them pay the utilities bills and not the phone bill. :spliff:

devilplate
04-07-11, 09:31
So what's the max if one leaves the aircon on for 24hrs a day for one full month? $1000? Maybe just let them pay the utilities bills and not the phone bill. :spliff:

not only the bills.....a/c compressor will b gone as well and the a/c ducting pipes will sweat and good game if its concealed(condos)

tat time got some1 argue wif me we dun hf to suxx excess dirty stuff in the a/c pipes at all...well, he is lucky den....my pipes got clogged and goto hack and replace a/c pipes.....cost a bomb:banghead:

chiaberry
04-07-11, 09:33
i met all kind of tenants b4...and my conclusion is tat race/religion/skin color doesnt matter at all!:hell-hath-no-fury:

and yes, give abit of discount to keep a gd tenant is worthwhile if u r keeping the ppty for long term

I totally agree. I knew somebody who did house cleaning for apartments after they had been rented out to Jap tenants (he was engaged by a housing agency) and he said you wouldn't believe what a mess they can leave.

chiaberry
04-07-11, 09:35
not only the bills.....a/c compressor will b gone as well and the a/c ducting pipes will sweat and good game if its concealed(condos)

tat time got some1 argue wif me we dun hf to suxx excess dirty stuff in the a/c pipes at all...well, he is lucky den....my pipes got clogged and goto hack and replace a/c pipes.....cost a bomb:banghead:

For HDB flat, lucky they are not allowed to have any concealed piping. Easier to replace.

hopeful
04-07-11, 09:56
pub bills not so bad...is the IDD calls tat matters!:scared-3:

can disable IDD call function.

hopeful
04-07-11, 09:58
i recall PUB installing pre-paid electrical meter for those who have problems paying bills. Why not install that?

devilplate
04-07-11, 10:05
i still prefer to let tenants take care of their own bills leh....dun see any advantage for landlords to subscribe PUB bills under their names....

only those illegally renting out their flats goto take PUB bills under their own names

propertyguru
04-07-11, 10:10
i still prefer to let tenants take care of their own bills leh....dun see any advantage for landlords to subscribe PUB bills under their names....

only those illegally renting out their flats goto take PUB bills under their own names

The advantage is not having to reopen the account again? Very troublesome to terminate, then open again when the tenancy ends. That was my concern at least. But I am also worried about the tenant running away and not paying for the utilities, which can be about $500-600 each month.

devilplate
04-07-11, 10:18
The advantage is not having to reopen the account again? Very troublesome to terminate, then open again when the tenancy ends. That was my concern at least. But I am also worried about the tenant running away and not paying for the utilities, which can be about $500-600 each month.

transfering n termination of PUB bills can be done online oredi.....dun nid to manually fill in forms liao

even stamp fees aso can be done via online !! FYI:for those who help their tenants do the estamping when they renew their TA without agts

westman
04-07-11, 10:32

Bro, the unit that I'm currently staying was tenanted to a Jap's couple from an Indian couple. The jap stayed for 3 years and yet the whole house still like new. Best of all, before I took over the unit, the Jap family wash/Iron the curtain, get the aircon service and do a whole house cleaning. All furnitures/TV/Fridge/Washing machine/Dryer are spakling like new. I virtually move in with personal belongs...

Maybe not all Jap are clean, however, I'm lucky to met one. ;)

devilplate
04-07-11, 10:38
Bro, the unit that I'm currently staying was tenanted to a Jap's couple from an Indian couple. The jap stayed for 3 years and yet the whole house still like new. Best of all, before I took over the unit, the Jap family wash/Iron the curtain, get the aircon service and do a whole house cleaning. All furnitures/TV/Fridge/Washing machine/Dryer are spakling like new. I virtually move in with personal belongs...

Maybe not all Jap are clean, however, I'm lucky to met one. ;)

wow, wash curtain for u too!??!! they really follow the TA clauses? hehe

i jus sharing my own experiences la:D

westman
04-07-11, 10:50

Yeah... washed and ironed the bedsheets, curtains, sofa covers etc..
Also, as the Japs are leaving Singapore after vacanting the unit, they leave behind vacuum cleaners and many electical appliances (for example, Microwave Oven is almost new as it was rarely use)... :D :D :D :D

Damn lucky to met such...:spliff:

hopeful
04-07-11, 11:05

devilplate, maybe you had a jap single whereas westman had a jap couple. is that the difference a marriage makes :p

devilplate
04-07-11, 11:10
devilplate, maybe you had a jap single whereas westman had a jap couple. is that the difference a marriage makes :p

no la....wrong assumptions made by u....btw, majority of my ppty is 2bdr n above too...so dun assume my tenants always single ....fyi: got couples renting mm studio too

lets not tok abt sexes....gers can be very dirty as well one lor....

usually until the last mth, tenants will not clean the place oredi....u can try to deduct spring cleaning fees from their deposit la if u wan....usually i jus absorb too if the tenants hf been gd la.....take it easy makes ur life easier:2cents: :D

kingkong1984
04-07-11, 11:43

phone can let tenant install. better that way, Let telco chase them.

Electricity, u can withhold their deposit pending last bill.

lawyers eat grass... hahaha.

ysyap
04-07-11, 14:27
phone can let tenant install. better that way, Let telco chase them.

Electricity, u can withhold their deposit pending last bill.

lawyers eat grass... hahaha.Well if you meet some :scared-1: tenants from the neither world, they'll calculate 2 months deposit and make sure they get everything back. Electric bill goes up to $1500 for not paying for 2 months (which is usually allowed) and spoil the aircon in the process like what devilplate went through and did not pay the final month of rental and dismantled some items from your house or remove some furniture without informing you and disappeared forever!!! Hmmm... Don't think such tenants exist, do they? :scared-4:

solsys
04-07-11, 15:02
I think such tenants do exist....... quite a good idea to have power utility bill under own name to track whether tenant is devil in the making.....:p

rattydrama
04-07-11, 15:54
I think such tenants do exist....... quite a good idea to have power utility bill under own name to track whether tenant is devil in the making.....:p

If electricity is under owner's name, if tenant pay can check online if you have pub online account.

But if the pub bill is under tenant's name, can we also check if they pay the bill? If they dont pay, will owner still be liable?

kingkong1984
04-07-11, 16:35
If electricity is under owner's name, if tenant pay can check online if you have pub online account.

But if the pub bill is under tenant's name, can we also check if they pay the bill? If they dont pay, will owner still be liable?

check with sp.

westman
04-07-11, 17:30
lets not tokabtsexes....gers can be very dirty as well one lor....

Agreed.
A friend of mine rented out a room to two girls (PRC again. Sorry and no discrimination to PRCfolks.. ) and problems start pouring in with complaint from other tenants (who rented the other two rooms)... example such as bring in strangers into their room and stay overnight. At the end, my friend evicted both out after theyburnt the whole room with lighted cigarette…. My friend spent around 8k to redo the whole room… while the two girls runaway without paying (apart from the one month deposit)

In another case, a colleague of mine has had ever tenanted out to a tenant (PRC again...ooppsss sorry). Onthe fifth day after the new tenant move in, my friend decide to pay his tenant to make sure his tenant is ok with the new environment. After a few knock onthe door and without anyone answering the door, he tot the tenant might be elsewhere thus he gave up and went home. For the next few days, he tried to contact the tenants but to no avail. Alternatively, he also contact his agent to help locating the tenant without much success...

After countless trying to contact the tenant but to no avail, my friend decided to visit hishouse with agent accompanied. When entering the unit, my friend was shocked tosee his furnitures/TV/eletical appliance (effectively everything) were removedby his tenant from his condo. After checking with security, they said they noticed someone was moving earlier on (which is around the third day after thenew tenant moving in)...
Count yourselfunlucky to experience such... Damn "sway"!!!!

rockinsg
04-07-11, 17:46
Agreed.
A friend of mine rented out a room to two girls (PRC again. Sorry and no discrimination to PRCfolks.. ) and problems start pouring in with complaint from other tenants (who rented the other two rooms)... example such as bring in strangers into their room and stay overnight. At the end, my friend evicted both out after theyburnt the whole room with lighted cigarette…. My friend spent around 8k to redo the whole room… while the two girls runaway without paying (apart from the one month deposit)

In another case, a colleague of mine has had ever tenanted out to a tenant (PRC again...ooppsss sorry). Onthe fifth day after the new tenant move in, my friend decide to pay his tenant to make sure his tenant is ok with the new environment. After a few knock onthe door and without anyone answering the door, he tot the tenant might be elsewhere thus he gave up and went home. For the next few days, he tried to contact the tenants but to no avail. Alternatively, he also contact his agent to help locating the tenant without much success...

After countless trying to contact the tenant but to no avail, my friend decided to visit hishouse with agent accompanied. When entering the unit, my friend was shocked tosee his furnitures/TV/eletical appliance (effectively everything) were removedby his tenant from his condo. After checking with security, they said they noticed someone was moving earlier on (which is around the third day after thenew tenant moving in)...

Scary...:scared-3:

Heard stories during recession, when ppl got fired..they took/sold all the stuff and left keys in the mailbox :sleep:

But well again from tenant perspective they know that landlorn won't return the deposit...so they do salvage what they can :tongue3:

hopeful
04-07-11, 18:35
Agreed.

cannot do anything?
you have copies of work permit/employment pass, id, passports etc.
cannot report to police? and immigration?

westman
04-07-11, 21:42
cannot do anything?
you have copies of work permit/employment pass, id, passports etc.
cannot report to police? and immigration?

my friend reported to police and at the end still ended up with nothing...:banghead:

westman
04-07-11, 21:43
Scary...:scared-3:

Heard stories during recession, when ppl got fired..they took/sold all the stuff and left keys in the mailbox :sleep:

But well again from tenant perspective they know that landlorn won't return the deposit...so they do salvage what they can :tongue3:

Well, there are some good one too. It's just a matter of luck wor.

ysyap
04-07-11, 22:06
Agreed.

Count yourselfunlucky to experience such... Damn "sway"!!!! These are not tenants lah. They already had the intentions to commit crime and break the law so it could well be you kanna robbed in the lift or when opening the door to your home...:scared-4: Its really a scary experience leh! Police also cannot do anything... :doh:

westman
05-07-11, 00:04
These are not tenants lah. They already had the intentions to commit crime and break the law so it could well be you kanna robbed in the lift or when opening the door to your home...:scared-4: Its really a scary experience leh! Police also cannot do anything... :doh:

What for... they pay $1500 x 2 for a 2 bedders and the aparetment is near GL area and the issue happened a few years back...:cool: ....

If I recalled correctly, they took away wahsing machine (resale @100??) dryer (resale @ 75??) / 2 queen size beds (@500 each??), hifi (I think it's a low grade tube amp and it worth a bit more @ 1200 for resales), 46" LCD TV (resale@1500 at the time where LCD yet to be common??), dinning set(resales @400??) , leather sofa (@500 at that time???) and misc electrical appliances (total not more than 1000)

Total I estimated it to be around $5000+++. Not worth the effort. :rolleyes: :beats-me-man:

ysyap
05-07-11, 06:35
What for... they pay $1500 x 2 for a 2 bedders and the aparetment is near GL area and the issue happened a few years back...:cool: ....

If I recalled correctly, they took away wahsing machine (resale @100??) dryer (resale @ 75??) / 2 queen size beds (@500 each??), hifi (I think it's a low grade tube amp and it worth a bit more @ 1200 for resales), 46" LCD TV (resale@1500 at the time where LCD yet to be common??), dinning set(resales @400??) , leather sofa (@500 at that time???) and misc electrical appliances (total not more than 1000)

Total I estimated it to be around $5000+++. Not worth the effort. :rolleyes: :beats-me-man:Its a calculated move lah.... what other ways to buy you so much time for criminal activity and no disturbances or worry that you'll be caught? Even the security guards gave him the blessing! :scared-1: That guy maybe earn $3k for that month's worth of work (plus looking for buyers for those stolen stuff)? :D

devilplate
05-07-11, 08:28

If I recalled correctly, they took away wahsing machine (resale @100??) dryer (resale @ 75??) / 2 queen size beds (@500 each??), hifi (I think it's a low grade tube amp and it worth a bit more @ 1200 for resales), 46" LCD TV (resale@1500 at the time where LCD yet to be common??), dinning set(resales @400??) , leather sofa (@500 at that time???) and misc electrical appliances (total not more than 1000)....

Total I estimated it to be around $5000+++. Not worth the effort. :rolleyes: :beats-me-man:

how come ur fren furnish such low rent apt wif expensive stuff?

2 queen bed i can get brandnew ones at $200 each(got spring one)

y nid to provide hifi??? y 46 inch LCD???? dining set 4 pax brandnew can get for $300, y leather sofa? jus use PU soft or pvc la and brandnew 3seater can get for $350-$500 max, electrical appliance??? only fridge $500 and the most $150 microwave rite? the rest no nid to provide la....so everything brandnew cfm can get below 3k

its like wearing ur platinum rolex walking in JB rite?

ysyap
05-07-11, 09:57

y nid to provide hifi??? y 46 inch LCD???? dining set 4 pax brandnew can get for $300, y leather sofa? jus use PU soft or pvc la and brandnew 3seater can get for $350-$500 max, electrical appliance??? only fridge $500 and the most $150 microwave rite? the rest no nid to provide la....so everything brandnew cfm can get below 3k

its like wearing ur platinum rolex walking in JB rite?Or park your S350 in the HDB carpark waiting for scratches to appear??? :doh:

p3nboy
05-07-11, 11:13
[quote=westman]Agreed.
A friend of mine rented out a room to two girls (PRC again..../quote]

Rule 1: never rent to PRC

Rule 2: not to forget rule 1

Rule 3: please refer to rule 1 & rule 2....

ysyap
05-07-11, 11:15
[quote=westman]Agreed.
A friend of mine rented out a room to two girls (PRC again..../quote]

Rule 2: not to forget rule 1

Rule 3: please refer to rule 1 & rule 2....Hahaha. Anyway I used to rent my extra rooms to 2 PRC girls. They are pretty ok lah... but then again they are students so maybe more guai behavior! :D

devilplate
05-07-11, 11:17

i come across gd PRC, indian tenants (dun be lazy, jus be there for rental viewing.....can roughly judge by their behaviour and mannerism)

dun say never.....if u exclude PRC and Indians, u will b be finding a hard time competing wif other landlords for korean,jap,angmor....very true for OCR rental.....getting more and more PRC/indians looking for CCR rental as well....

p3nboy
05-07-11, 11:17
[quote=p3nboy]Hahaha. Anyway I used to rent my extra rooms to 2 PRC girls. They are pretty ok lah... but then again they are students so maybe more guai behavior! :D

Ahem...you mean they are pretty or pretty ok?

ysyap
05-07-11, 11:22
Ahem...you mean they are pretty or pretty ok?Hahaha... Your pun skill is good... I meant they are ok. Pretty or not is another issue... hahaha! :p

p3nboy
05-07-11, 11:28
Hahaha... Your pun skill is good... I meant they are ok. Pretty or not is another issue... hahaha! :p

I suppose PRC students are ok as the younger generation do not cook, otherwise your kitchen may turn into a zi-char kitchen in no time....

devilplate
05-07-11, 11:34
I suppose PRC students are ok as the younger generation do not cook, otherwise your kitchen may turn into a zi-char kitchen in no time....

hahaha....buy MMs la.....single dun cook one lor....kitchen without windows somemore....they cook and ownself suffer....whahahahaha....

furthermore, how to cook for just one person....i will find it not worth the trouble at all.... except for baked rice, maggie mee.....hahahah

kingkong1984
05-07-11, 12:13
hahaha....buy MMs la.....single dun cook one lor....kitchen without windows somemore....they cook and ownself suffer....whahahahaha....

furthermore, how to cook for just one person....i will find it not worth the trouble at all.... except for baked rice, maggie mee.....hahahah

no keed kitchen, just microwave will do.

westman
05-07-11, 13:47

its like wearing ur platinum rolex walking in JB rite?

It used to be his old stay when he was single... After getting married, his wife doesn't want to stay near GL area.

Anyway, parent of this friend are quite loaded to support him for his first own stay and he happened to quite lazy to move furnitures/stuff... He move out shortly after getting married and this PRC happened to be his first tenant... Dman sway for him wor to experience such

westman
05-07-11, 15:21
Hahaha... Your pun skill is good... I meant they are ok. Pretty or not is another issue... hahaha! :p

For a moment, I tot pretty and not pretty ok.. :D :D :D :D :D

ysyap
05-07-11, 15:23
For a moment, I tot pretty and not pretty ok.. :D :D :D :D :DHahaha! You think too much or should I say think what you want to think only!!! :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

Komo
05-07-11, 18:00
For a moment, I tot pretty and not pretty ok.. :D :D :D :D :D
As long as young is ok:D :D

ikan bilis
13-08-11, 23:56
rented out already, happy liow... :im-so-happy:
thanks for all the feedback/comments

- I wanted to make it simple to manage, so rented to local couple, rent at ~20% below market price
- Rent can cover my condo monthly installment, without the property tax & MCST charges, but I still need to pay about ~$1K for HDB loan
- HDB rental market is very tight, 50% of viewers (5 out of 10) wanted to take up my HDB unit. Though HDB not near to MRT.

levittdub
14-08-11, 06:33

- I wanted to make it simple to manage, so rented to local couple, rent at ~20% below market price
- Rent can cover my condo monthly installment, without the property tax & MCST charges, but I still need to pay about ~$1K for HDB loan
- HDB rental market is very tight, 50% of viewers (5 out of 10) wanted to take up my HDB unit. Though HDB not near to MRT.

Congratulations! I hope that your tenant will be really nice and help preserve the condition of the unit.

There is a reason why HDB is not so anal about whole unit rental: there is a real demand in the market.

hyenergix
14-08-11, 07:46

Congrats. Most people love Great Singapore Sales ;) But HDB rental will always be very good.

ysyap
14-08-11, 08:11
Happy that this forum was of help to your decision making! There will always be demand if your asking is below market value and what more @ 20% below! :o