PDA

View Full Version : washrm with no window

marktkt22
14-07-11, 10:58
Another mundane thread ......
Saw some projt, mm mainly,
there are no window opening in the washrm aka toilet area.
Wouldnt it stink ?
Mm units must be livable, cant be built like foreign worker dorm rite?.
Yo forumer, any experience or projt that has toilet or kitchen without window, pls share.

mkl22
14-07-11, 11:04
like hotel toilet? actually i do not mind cause i will then have more window area for bedrooms and layout possibility can be better.

Can always install an extractor fan. to pipe it out.

irisng
14-07-11, 11:33
Wouldnt it stink ?
Yo forumer, any experience or projt that has toilet or kitchen without window, pls share.

Some old HDB flats have no window in the toilets.:D

DC33_2008
14-07-11, 12:43
It is by law that toilet w/o window opening to the outside will near a toilet exhaust fan. It is usually turn on with the lights in the toilet.
Wouldnt it stink ?

mkl22
14-07-11, 12:46
Wouldnt it stink ?

the 1st project i saw to have no toilet window is Harbourlights opposite vivocity. This is for the common toilet. There is an extractor to suck it out to the yard area. not too bad. never felt stuffy.

focus
14-07-11, 13:10
Very common in Australia condos.

But probably weather is damn cold half of the year.. so people do not want the toilet anywhere near the windows when they are Stark naked..

I lived in one for a year but never smell since the extractor will take it out (centralised system for the whole building). But Summer time... if you do not have teh aircon on.. you will be sweating like pigs when you take a poo inside an enclosed cubicle .

marktkt22
14-07-11, 17:22
Then it look ok, except maybe higher elec bill.
But exhaust does not provide ventilation, may be stuffy...

howgozit
14-07-11, 17:41
Then it look ok, except maybe higher elec bill.
But exhaust does not provide ventilation, may be stuffy...

Unless the bathroom is air tight, when the foul/damp air is being extracted fresh air should flow in through the gaps of the door.

azeoprop
14-07-11, 22:57
Yah, I prefer toilets with windows, best if the sun can shine into it. Will reduce dampness and stop growth of moulds and bacteria.

:)

jezz
15-07-11, 13:35
Wouldnt it stink ?

depends too...not all MM are like that.

i just checked out this new condo called Beacon Heights off Boon Keng. on second look again on the 667sqft 1+1, their toilet and the study room are windowles. for this size, they should have ample of way to create windows, i must say that it is a poor design!!

Komo
15-07-11, 13:57

i just checked out this new condo called Beacon Heights off Boon Keng. on second look again on the 667sqft 1+1, their toilet and the study room are windowles. for this size, they should have ample of way to create windows, i must say that it is a poor design!!
Surprised can be approved. Toilet may get mouldy easily.

marktkt22
15-07-11, 14:51
Recent projt r getting crappy.
Open kitchen, toilet without window, mech carpk.
All these r no no to me.
Studio,1 bedder open kitchen ok but 2 bedder new proper kitchen.
Toilet for hygience reason need a window.
Mm that b uilt until has to resort to mech carpk r definitely overcrowded and worst than Hdb.

ecimbew
16-07-11, 09:00
Deleted repeated post. The message can be read below.

ecimbew
16-07-11, 09:03

Wrong info about Beacon Heights' 1+1 667 sq ft unit. Both toilet and study room have windows without a/c ledge n bay window. Both windows are half the length of the wall; they are sliding windows and made up of 2 panels each.

DC33_2008
16-07-11, 09:08
People will realize all the faults of the such design during downturn. Developers have made their $ and move on leaving owners stuck with developments with such feature. Think twice or even thrice before commiting to mechanical carparks.
Recent projt r getting crappy.
Open kitchen, toilet without window, mech carpk.
All these r no no to me.
Studio,1 bedder open kitchen ok but 2 bedder new proper kitchen.
Toilet for hygience reason need a window.
Mm that b uilt until has to resort to mech carpk r definitely overcrowded and worst than Hdb.