PDA

View Full Version : mechanical carpk in d15

marktkt22
14-07-11, 17:35
Besides the open kitchen, no window toilet, more and more mm projt have mech carpk.. i dont trust the reliability,
Any view or experience from forumer.

iwantgizmos
14-07-11, 18:11
Besides the open kitchen, no window toilet, more and more mm projt have mech carpk.. i dont trust the reliability,

all these fancy things are pointless...
mechanical carpark/ automated carpark with car-lifts, all these take time to operate... if one is late to work then jialat...
plus hydraulic systems need frequent maintenance.... if jam how?.. car now stuck in lift... whoel carpark become showroom only...

for me a simple ground floor parking is enouff...
if late, just vrooommmm out.... no hassle...

howgozit
14-07-11, 18:38
Will take a bit of getting used to. Unfortunately, this may be the norm in years to come.

jezz
14-07-11, 18:41

I agreed. Some proj r smaller n to save space hv to build mech car park. Most common ones are on the surface and prob occupy first few stacks on first floor. I saw some proj with underneath mechanized car park and looks really neat n nice.

Hee... True enuf mm kitchen dun come with windows. I'm glad mine does and in fact have 270 deg view and it is only 474sqft.

howgozit
14-07-11, 19:16
Car park lots in Singapore are btw 120sqft-150sqft. At MMs with typical sizes of 4++sqft, the ratio of carpark space to unit size is about 1:3. Loosely speaking, every 3 car park lot not created can turn into 1 unit to sell.

While it may seem inconvenient to many car owners, it is quite inevitable that MMs go in that direction.

Regulators
14-07-11, 21:51
Lennox has a mechanical carpark, there are units facing the carpark, noisy like hell. Residents living near the carpark will curse and swear they did not get a unit facing the road instead. Again some may enjoy the kling klong king klong noise from the carpark, just like those who enjoy mrt track noise at caspian

marktkt22
15-07-11, 14:54
Repeated post,
Recent projt r getting crappy.
Open kitchen, toilet without window, mech carpk.
All these r no no to me.
Studio,1 bedder open kitchen ok but 2 bedder new proper kitchen.
Toilet for hygience reason need a window.
Mm that b uilt until has to resort to mech carpk r definitely overcrowded and worst than Hdb.

jezz
18-07-11, 19:28
Repeated post,
Recent projt r getting crappy.
Open kitchen, toilet without window, mech carpk.
All these r no no to me.
Studio,1 bedder open kitchen ok but 2 bedder new proper kitchen.
Toilet for hygience reason need a window.
Mm that b uilt until has to resort to mech carpk r definitely overcrowded and worst than Hdb.

Not all 2 bedders have separate kitchen or with windows. All depend the size of it. Many smaller dev even a 2 bedders have open kitchen because it saves space. Dev create the common space for dining living room and cooking purposes. I kind of dun like this concept.

Having toilet window to me means more lighting rather than ventilation
because I will not open my window for fear of peeping tom. So it doesn't matter to have window or not.

Most mm dev are not meant for own or family stay but rental. Therefore most tenants dun drive and making more sense for dev to create less parking space or mechanized car parks.

The one thg I look for a mm proj is not lesser than 470sqft. No balcony because it will make the living space very much reduced. Mm is affordable and I personally believe there are lotsa potential given a good location, decent facilities and nice layout.