PDA

View Full Version : Private home sales in June drop 25% on-month

sleek
15-07-11, 16:13
Private home sales in June drop 25% on-month (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1141071/1/.html)
By Linette Lim | Posted: 15 July 2011 1340 hrs

SINGAPORE: Sales of private homes fell 25 per cent in June from a month earlier, according to data released on Friday by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).

A total of 1,182 private residential units were sold last month, down from 1,575 units in May.

Private homes in the Outside Central Region (OCR) accounted for 833 of the units sold in June, compared with 227 units in the Rest of Central Region (RCR) and 122 units in the Core Central Region (CCR).

Including Executive Condominiums (ECs), the total sales in June would have been higher, at 1,394 units.

The most expensive property sold in June was Le Nouvel Ardmore at Ardmore Park, where a unit was sold at a median price of S$4,362 per square foot.

Chalking up the best sales was Woodhaven at Woodgrove Avenue, which sold 155 units at a median price of S$981 per square foot.

The best selling EC was Belysa at Pasir Ris Drive 1, which sold 153 units at a median price of S$700 per square foot.

- CNA/al

ysyap
15-07-11, 22:10
This will at least ensure that even if there's CM5, it'll not be targetted at buyers. :o

CCR
16-07-11, 00:13
Confirm no cm5

azeoprop
16-07-11, 00:26
Yah, the effects of CM4 are showing. Most probably no CM5 because it is not their plan to crash the property market.

Prices will remain stable for a while now. :beats-me-man:

ysyap
16-07-11, 07:54
Yah, the effects of CM4 are showing. Most probably no CM5 because it is not their plan to crash the property market.

Prices will remain stable for a while now. :beats-me-man:Now? Hopefully because even May's sales volume dipped too but the prices appeared (and so I perceived) to be climbing. The climb probably persisted well into June. Will this trend of falling volume and rising prices carry on or am I perceiving wrongly? :beats-me-man:

DC33_2008
16-07-11, 08:46
This could be general trend but it may not apply to some locations. I was offered a much higher price for my units recently. It is still location, location and location!!!
Now? Hopefully because even May's sales volume dipped too but the prices appeared (and so I perceived) to be climbing. The climb probably persisted well into June. Will this trend of falling volume and rising prices carry on or am I perceiving wrongly? :beats-me-man:

Geylang OKT
16-07-11, 09:12
seow liao :D

mogyi
16-07-11, 10:02
Now? Hopefully because even May's sales volume dipped too but the prices appeared (and so I perceived) to be climbing. The climb probably persisted well into June. Will this trend of falling volume and rising prices carry on or am I perceiving wrongly? :beats-me-man:

I think otherwise. Falling sales means less buyers meeting sellers asking price. Thus in the following month, if buyers still want sales they may need to lower
The asking price. Logically it seems so.

kingkong1984
16-07-11, 10:16
seow liao :D
Haha...

Shooting time....:scared-4:

Rysk
16-07-11, 10:57
I think otherwise. Falling sales means less buyers meeting sellers asking price. Thus in the following month, if buyers still want sales they may need to lower

Not really.. since 2009 till now.. there were various months of low volume.. but the price just keep climbing..

sfwoo
16-07-11, 11:23

Asking prices climb over the months, ZERO transactions in last two months, 10% of estate advertised for sale...scenario is possible?

Scenario is real...D23...

hyenergix
16-07-11, 11:28
Asking prices definitely increased, but hardly any transactions now. Pp r switching to 99LH from developers, EC n BTO from HDB now.

ysyap
16-07-11, 16:06
The asking price. Logically it seems so.Logic may not = Reality... Some call it virtual reality. :o We are all living in a virtual world :doh: .

evergreen
16-07-11, 16:50
Conversely, if buyers still want to buy, they need to raise their offer :cool:
Sellers are more firm on their asking price because of the increase cost involved if they were to sell and buy another property. They price in the restrictions their next property investment.

ysyap
16-07-11, 18:35
Actually its all so true. I've seen unsold resale units in the market whose asking price actually rose over the months according to market sentiments and movement. :scared-3: Then again maybe these sellers are not really genuine. Look out for firesales. These are really the good deal but hard to find and hard to compete with others even when you find one... ;)

hyenergix
16-07-11, 20:54
Good deals are the new ECs and BTOs. The rest are crap.

linchong84
16-07-11, 21:10

Yes.. Although i think that pasir ris ec belysa location is shit, but 5xx k for a 3 bedder is just ......... owning.. now 5xx k can only buy a 1 bedder condo in lousy OCR locations..

sh
16-07-11, 21:19

Cannot buy leh....:(

sh
16-07-11, 21:41
Actually its all so true. I've seen unsold resale units in the market whose asking price actually rose over the months according to market sentiments and movement. :scared-3: Then again maybe these sellers are not really genuine. Look out for firesales. These are really the good deal but hard to find and hard to compete with others even when you find one... ;)

No desperate sellers = no firesales leh....:(

jwong71
16-07-11, 21:45

no desperate buyers= no deal

all "jia bao buay bao":D

either waiting for property opportunity, or elsewhere opportunity nia lolx.

hyenergix
16-07-11, 21:50

I have a cure for your problem:

http://buddhism.about.com/od/basicbuddhistteachings/a/greed.htm

evergreen
16-07-11, 22:35
While the sales volume may have dropped, "private home prices have also continued to rise in the second quarter of this year, but at a slower pace compared to HDB flats."
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11668

If people qualify for EC, they should buy EC.
If they qualify for BTO, they better not over-estimate their ability to service their loan (unless they earn very low salary but have alot of cash from other sources).
The majority of people who buy / are intending to buy condo do not qualify for EC and BTO.

Yes.. Although i think that pasir ris ec belysa location is shit, but 5xx k for a 3 bedder is just ......... owning.. now 5xx k can only buy a 1 bedder condo in lousy OCR locations..
For 450K - 5xxK you can get <500 sq ft 1 bedder in the fringe, near MRT.

linchong84
16-07-11, 22:45
For 450K - 5xxK you can get <500 sq ft 1 bedder in the fringe, near MRT.

5xx k can buy yes.. 450k - 490k buy near MRT? Slowly wait..

evergreen
17-07-11, 09:11
I just bought District 13, 8 mins walk from MRT, freehold, new launch, 490K.

There are some Geylang ones 450K near MRT but I don't recommend buying them.

DC33_2008
17-07-11, 10:46
Near Potong Pasir?
I just bought District 13, 8 mins walk from MRT, freehold, new launch, 490K.

There are some Geylang ones 450K near MRT but I don't recommend buying them.

rockinsg
17-07-11, 10:54

Comopare it with other "shitty" deals....people buying next door livia for 1K psf..
EC and BTO much better value for money, anyday..

jwong71
17-07-11, 11:01
Comopare it with other "shitty" deals....people buying next door livia for 1K psf..
EC and BTO much better value for money, anyday..

as well a better bets, in current market sediments.

DC33_2008
17-07-11, 11:06
Younger generation wants class these days. Private condos and EC has a difference for them.
as well a better bets, in current market sediments.

Jonathan0503
17-07-11, 11:10
Repeated post

rockinsg
17-07-11, 11:14
Younger generation wants class these days. Private condos and EC has a difference for them.

what class? after 10 years EC and pte are same..:beats-me-man:

jwong71
17-07-11, 11:17

in fact in 5yrs time can sell to locals, but not foreigners..

10yrs time, can sell to all

ysyap
17-07-11, 12:03
EC and BTO much better value for money, anyday..Only applicable to those who qualify for BTO and EC. The rest of buyers just wait long long... :D

linchong84
17-07-11, 12:04

There are some difference indeed, esp in D19 launches.. Esparina (EC) is beside buangkok MRT station, H2O (PC) is beside Fernvale LRT station hahaha! Austville (EC) has compressed marble living room and near KPE, H2O has tiles and no expressway near. And their price difference is 2xx-4xxpsf.. Nowadays mass market pte condos really substandard.. It's ok to be lousy, but if lousier than ECs then it is really ridiculous..

ysyap
17-07-11, 12:12
There are some difference indeed, esp in D19 launches.. Esparina (EC) is beside buangkok MRT station, H2O (PC) is beside Fernvale LRT station hahaha! Austville (EC) has compressed marble living room and near KPE, H2O has tiles and no expressway near. And their price difference is 2xx-4xxpsf.. Nowadays mass market pte condos really substandard.. It's ok to be lousy, but if lousier than ECs then it is really ridiculous..Go buy EC lor... wait 5 years and then reeconsider option for those who qualify... those who don't, just settle for inferior qualify private condo lah... :doh:

linchong84
17-07-11, 12:20
Go buy EC lor... wait 5 years and then reeconsider option for those who qualify... those who don't, just settle for inferior qualify private condo lah... :doh:

if can buy, i would have bought 2 units of esparina with eyes closed.. keep for 5-8 years then sell also can make around 50%.. Last time hdb launched EC sites at areas not near to PCs.. But now they launch it everywhere and next to a PC.. So buy mass market condo also scared whether empty plot beside will become ec plot or not..

ysyap
17-07-11, 12:39
if can buy, i would have bought 2 units of esparina with eyes closed.. keep for 5-8 years then sell also can make around 50%.. Last time hdb launched EC sites at areas not near to PCs.. But now they launch it everywhere and next to a PC.. So buy mass market condo also scared whether empty plot beside will become ec plot or not..Even can buy also can buy 1 unit, not 2. EC is subsidized by govt or are they??? The idea behind income ceiling is because there's some form of subsidy but KBW seemed to say that if developers are involved (i.e. DBSS and EC), then its their playing field so Sim Lian could quote 880k and govt just say don't buy lor... no control at all??? What subsidy? :scared-4:

So if you own a HDB, you can't qualify to buy EC? If you own a PC, also don't qualify for EC?

DC33_2008
17-07-11, 12:47
10-yr is a long time. They can upgrade fm ocr to city fringe. 10 yrs ago, one can even upgrade to landed.

irisng
17-07-11, 13:25
Even can buy also can buy 1 unit, not 2. EC is subsidized by govt or are they??? The idea behind income ceiling is because there's some form of subsidy but KBW seemed to say that if developers are involved (i.e. DBSS and EC), then its their playing field so Sim Lian could quote 880k and govt just say don't buy lor... no control at all??? What subsidy? :scared-4:

So if you own a HDB, you can't qualify to buy EC? If you own a PC, also don't qualify for EC?

So if you have a EC, I presume you can buy the PC, right?:confused:

jwong71
17-07-11, 13:28
Only applicable to those who qualify for BTO and EC. The rest of buyers just wait long long... :D

sway for buyers who qualify for EC, but bgt condo. before EC was launch

linchong84
17-07-11, 13:42
10-yr is a long time. They can upgrade fm ocr to city fringe. 10 yrs ago, one can even upgrade to landed.

No need 10 years lah.. after 5 years MOP can sell liao cos their main market are singaporeans and PRs, not foreigners.. their volume quite good also, EC's transaction volume as % to their total number is higher than PC's volume as % in 2010..

Besides 8-10k income people will need time to save up also lah.. 5 years MOP time just nice enough for them to save up and sell it with good profits to buy something better.. Or even buy a second property..

ysyap
17-07-11, 13:58
So if you have a EC, I presume you can buy the PC, right?:confused:So which is more lucrative? Own a HDB and then buy PC or own an EC and then buy PC? :)

irisng
17-07-11, 14:14
So which is more lucrative? Own a HDB and then buy PC or own an EC and then buy PC? :)

I think both also okay, as long as it can contribute to your revenue.:p

evergreen
17-07-11, 15:48
Near Potong Pasir?
Woodleigh mrt

DC33_2008
17-07-11, 15:54
Good Buy! This one can keep.
Woodleigh mrt

ysyap
17-07-11, 18:07
Woodleigh mrt8@Woodleigh studio? or Blossom? 490k? Wah.... super cheap! Congrats! :D

DC33_2008
17-07-11, 18:10
Wait for development at the two huge fields.:)

ysyap
17-07-11, 18:16
Wait for development at the two huge fields.:)At least 2 more years depending on market movements! :)

sleek
17-07-11, 18:50
Suites@Bradell? What size? :cheers1:

Woodleigh mrt

linchong84
17-07-11, 19:45
8W and blossom cant be 8xxpsf now.. and they are not 8min walk..

evergreen
17-07-11, 20:23
Ya, I bought Suites @ Braddell. 398 sq ft, $490K. There are slightly smaller 388 sq ft units at $47xK.

The open field near the MRT seems to be for HDB, according to streetdirectory.com

ysyap
17-07-11, 21:37
Ya, I bought Suites @ Braddell. 398 sq ft, $490K. There are slightly smaller 388 sq ft units at $47xK.

The open field near the MRT seems to be for HDB, according to streetdirectory.comSo to get to MRT, you have to cross the huge Braddell Road? Does the 8 mins include waiting at those super long traffic junctions? Do you think walking to Serangoon MRT, though slightly longer might well be faster?

evergreen
17-07-11, 22:15
I didn't have to wait long for traffic light to turn in my favour when I tried walking. Can use overhead bridge to cross Braddell Road. But still need to cross Upper Serangoon Road. So might as well just cross at the X junction.

Serangoon MRT is much further away. But can take a bus if I don't want to walk.

ysyap
17-07-11, 22:24
I have concerns about the entrance and exit points of this project if driving. Its quite tight because that road is consistently heavy. Especially for vehicles turning left into Serangoon Road, the vehicle queue sometimes stretches to the entrance of this project so going home must also queue up? :doh:

evergreen
17-07-11, 22:29
You are right about the traffic. But fringe area is usually like that. Either you queue to get home or you drive a longer way to get home and still have to deal with the traffic somewhere.

mr funny
18-07-11, 20:10
http://www.straitstimes.com/PrimeNews/Story/STIStory_691100.html

Jul 16, 2011

New private home sales dive

June sales fall 25% amid economic slowdown, concerns of oversupply

By Esther Teo, Property Reporter

NEW private home sales fell sharply to a four-month low last month, a traditionally slow month, as buying sentiment waned amid an economic slowdown and warnings of potential oversupply.

Buyers seem to have heeded the call for caution with the number of units sold last month slowing 25 per cent to 1,182 units from the 1,575 units sold in May - which was down from 1,805 in April.

Including executive condos, a total of 1,394 homes found buyers in June, according to the figures released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority.

Experts say despite the latest fall, the numbers still represent a healthy market.

However, they say the possibility of more housing market policy changes by the Government and global economic concerns will throw further caution into the mix in the coming months.

The quieter June school holiday period, policies to boost new Housing Board (HDB) flat supply and greater buyer resistance to rising home prices combined to take the wind out of the sails of the private home market last month, they said.

The appointment of new National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan with his regular housing market updates and suggestions on policy changes has also affected buyer sentiment, Dr Chua Yang Liang, head of research at Jones Lang LaSalle South-east Asia, said.

'The buyer's market is responding with a more moderated demand for two consecutive months. Homebuyers are holding back their purchases, confident that the new minister's leadership would bring home prices to a more affordable level in the near future,' he added.

PropNex corporate communications manager Adam Tan said the HDB's move to build 25,000 new flats this year may have prompted some potential first-time buyers in the middle-income bracket to switch to the public housing market.

'Furthermore, with more than 10,000 new private homes expected to enter the market in the second half of this year, consumers may be waiting for more choices in other locations across the island.'

Cushman & Wakefield's senior manager of Asia-Pacific research, Mr Ong Kah Seng, however, noted that monthly sales of between 1,000 and 1,500 units reflect healthy and moderate buying interest.

'The slowdown of sales activity in June shows that together with an expected economic slowdown, there may be potential for homebuying interest to (reach) a steady state about half a year after the last round of cooling measures.'

However, the Government is likely to continue watching the market closely for signs of overheating.

AmFraser Securities equity analyst Lau Wei Chong said the Government will track closely the suburban segment, in particular, to ensure buyers do not overstretch themselves. If this segment stays buoyant, more market cooling measures might be unveiled in the coming months.

Suburban homes continued to power home sales - making up 70 per cent of June's total sales. They are also expected to continue making up the bulk of new launches for the rest of this year.

Experts, however, said that developers will have to price their projects more reasonably as the increased supply will mean that buyers are now more selective.

Mr Ong Teck Hui, Credo Real Estate's head of research and consultancy, said buyers are likely to become more cautious. He said sentiment was being affected by news of the protracted debt problems in Europe, a waning US economy and slower than expected growth here.

Dr Chua said buying activity is likely to remain modest at between 1,000 and 1,200 units while PropNex's Mr Tan expects about 1,400 units sold this month.

Last month's top-selling projects include Woodhaven with 155 units sold at a median price of $981 per sq ft (psf) and The Miltonia Residences, which found buyers for 149 units at $877 psf.

[email protected]

CCR
18-07-11, 22:53
Actually it is healthy for the market.... Take a breather....

hyenergix
19-07-11, 07:16
You are right about the traffic. But fringe area is usually like that. Either you queue to get home or you drive a longer way to get home and still have to deal with the traffic somewhere.

That's why I assume you are not driving. If you are, you will avoid this project if for self-stay. The traffic jam is simply horrible as it stretches all the way to the underpass or near the Shell station during peak hour. You see a lot of angry/impatient drivers at the queue.

ysyap
19-07-11, 07:51
That's why I assume you are not driving. If you are, you will avoid this project if for self-stay. The traffic jam is simply horrible as it stretches all the way to the underpass or near the Shell station during peak hour. You see a lot of angry/impatient drivers at the queue.So if I'm also an angry impatient drive, better avoid this project at all cost. Wait for the Bartley plot to launch.. less congested and nearer to MRT. :cool-punk-headbange

evergreen
20-07-11, 08:04
I take car to work. At 7.30am roads are jammed or have heavy traffic already except if it's the school holidays. Mrt also packed. Singapore is "crowding" up!

ysyap
20-07-11, 08:06
Either you depart for work at 7am or depart at 10am. Anything in-between is :scared-1:.

DC33_2008
20-07-11, 08:35
Happy Avenue or macpherson area is qutie alright with traffic in morning, ie. up till 745am. They do not get on upper serangoon road with lots of cars going to city from kovan, hougang, sengkang, etc as they go into either PIE along macpherson road or along aljunied road towards nicol highway.