PDA

View Full Version : Is it the right time to buy Australia properties?

24-07-11, 15:01
Lately, I noted plenty of ads on Australia properties, any one familiar with Perth/Melbourne property market care to advise? Tks

Grimloq
24-07-11, 15:16
It's probably the worst time to buy in Australia. Mortgage rates are at 7%.

Australian residential prices are the most expensive in the world based on income to price ratio.

DC33_2008
24-07-11, 15:47
Price is softening. Advice by friend to go there and see for yourself. Go for a house hunting trip. My friend bought a piece of land in perth 4km from the sea and further split in three lots with one lot to build his own house and sell the other two pieces. Since then, the price has been dropping. The only worry is Tsunami.

hk2313
24-07-11, 17:47
absolutely overvalued currency, not even talking about prop prices themselves. If China economy will stutter or " sneeze" , AUD and australia prop prices will catch a major cold. Add the mortgage rate of 7% and I would pass unless you have a ton of money and need to diversify at all costs

azeoprop
24-07-11, 18:21
AUD$ now bigger than usd...so expensive! :scared-3:

devilplate
24-07-11, 19:10
It's probably the worst time to buy in Australia. Mortgage rates are at 7%.

Australian residential prices are the most expensive in the world based on income to price ratio.
How come aussie economy so strong? 7% mortgage rate n yet ppty price jus softening....if it happen to sg, i wud believe ppty px oredi crash!

Arcachon
25-07-11, 02:13
Lately, I noted plenty of ads on Australia properties, any one familiar with Perth/Melbourne property market care to advise? Tks

If they are selling well in Australia do you think they need to come to Singapore to sell. It the same with FEO when they can't sell in Singapore they go oversea.

Thinking of oversea investment try USA

http://www.zillow.com/homes/85737_rb/