PDA

View Full Version : Capitaland bishan site should be launching soon

Pages : [1] 2

CCR
26-07-11, 22:52
CapitaLand appoints Moshe Safdie as lead designer for Bishan Central project
By ANGELA TAN

CapitaLand Residential Singapore has appointed renowned international architect Moshe Safdie as the lead designer for its 540-unit Bishan Central residential project.

Bishan Central condominium
For the project, the Boston-based Moshe Safdie has introduced a strong and distinctive stepping form that provides for private garden spaces for a large number of the units. There will be two 38-storey towers linked by three bridging 'sky gardens'.

The 11,997-square-metre (129,137 square feet) site at Bishan Central has an estimated gross floor area of about 58,786 square metres (632,770 square feet).

CapitaLand has partnered Mitsubishi Estate Asia Pte. Ltd. (MEA), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Estate Co., Ltd. (MEC), to jointly develop the Bishan condominium.

Safdie Architects was also involved in the Marina Bay Sands, a mixed-use integrated resort in Singapore.

hyenergix
26-07-11, 22:54
Good news on hiring expensive architect. No $1400 psf no launch :eek: Properties in and around Bishan will huat!

Jadey
26-07-11, 22:56
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-07-26/capital.jpg

CCR
26-07-11, 22:58
Capitaland and keppel likes to use famous architect.. I also think at least 1400 psf... Or else no face since Thomson grand already 1400

cl0ver
Legoland!!!!!!!

ecimbew
The same guy who designed Marina Bay Sands. Wow!

ysyap
26-07-11, 22:59
Clovers will continue to climb man... quick buy Bishan before prices soar further. :spliff: Looks like mini IR in Bishan. :p

ecimbew
26-07-11, 23:06
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QrXqrA-H-Jc/TDIXO70s_wI/AAAAAAAAAA4/hnA1neLIQog/s1600/97358-050-C0C1DCE5.jpg

devilplate
26-07-11, 23:20
Looks vy power! 1400psf jus buy la...whahaha

The cascading portion reminds me of golden mile:cool:

Mongoose
26-07-11, 23:20
1400psf? *shudder*
its quite scary seeing prices like these in bishan
99yr or f/hold?

architect design looks nice i must say, but ultimately layout is impt.
let's see floor plans

devilplate
26-07-11, 23:21
Btw, tat bedok one is the one tat gg to launch real soon...oredi gotten planning approval:D

Aso another 1400psf!

kingkong1984
26-07-11, 23:55
behold

1 bedder = $1800 psf?
2 bedder = $1600 psf
3 bedder = $1400 psf
4 bedder = $1200 psf

wahahahah....

rockinsg
27-07-11, 00:21
Hopefully this won't be another d'leedon... :banghead:
Hopefully crapland(capitaland) makes quick profit in this and bedok one...:cool:

kane
27-07-11, 01:12
capitaland doesn't have a habit of making a quick buck and running with lean profits.

ysyap
27-07-11, 07:11
So what is all those talk about US's frail economy and EU's defaulting debt and China's slowing economy and rising inflation everywhere? Is middle east stabalized already? Has Japan recovered already? Has Australia recovered from the floods already? :scared-4: And now another record breaking launch in Bishan? :doh:

Let's grab a unit there man!!! LOL! :D

hyenergix
27-07-11, 07:16
So what is all those talk about US's frail economy and EU's defaulting debt and China's slowing economy and rising inflation everywhere? Is middle east stabalized already? Has Japan recovered already? Has Australia recovered from the floods already? :scared-4: And now another record breaking launch in Bishan? :doh:

Let's grab a unit there man!!! LOL! :D

US companies are still making $ in Asia markets but not in US markets. So they will reinvest their profits and increase hiring in Asia. On the other hand, US frail economy and unemployment will continue.

Allthepies
27-07-11, 08:50
behold

1 bedder = $1800 psf?
2 bedder = $1600 psf
3 bedder = $1400 psf
4 bedder = $1200 psf

wahahahah....

just buy :D

Eldenfirefly
27-07-11, 09:31
Hmmm, and just imagine, last time when Far East launcherd Centro in Ang Mo Kio at 1000 psf, everyone said that was too expensive! :)

CCR
27-07-11, 09:57
I think the units with open terraces, balcony will be damn shiok....

ysyap
27-07-11, 10:02
So if Bishan launch and Seng Kang launch at about same time. If Bishan 4 bedder going for 1.2k psf while Seng Kang 4 bedder going for 900 psf, which would you choose? Both are beside MRT with huge shopping complexes. Bishan has cinema but Compass Pt don't.

Other than the obvious like Bishan is closer to city and MRT is an interchange, are there any other factors to consider? Which area is overpriced? What can we expect from both places in the event of economic downturn? Rental yields? Anything? :)

devilplate
27-07-11, 10:20
So if Bishan launch and Seng Kang launch at about same time. If Bishan 4 bedder going for 1.2k psf while Seng Kang 4 bedder going for 900 psf, which would you choose? Both are beside MRT with huge shopping complexes. Bishan has cinema but Compass Pt don't.

Other than the obvious like Bishan is closer to city and MRT is an interchange, are there any other factors to consider? Which area is overpriced? What can we expect from both places in the event of economic downturn? Rental yields? Anything? :)

based on the facade, i will choose bishan....looks refreshing!

dun tink 4bdr will b priced at 1200psf....it will be sold out in no time

i am more interested in the bedok one wif a big mall below......2bdr will be ideal

kingkong1984
27-07-11, 11:02
based on the facade, i will choose bishan....looks refreshing!

dun tink 4bdr will b priced at 1200psf....it will be sold out in no time

i am more interested in the bedok one wif a big mall below......2bdr will be ideal

if sized 1500 sqf, it will be 1.8 million. Real size will be around 1350 sqf which should be in the range of $1333 psf.

2 Bedder 800 sqf at $1600 psf will be $1.28 million.

What do u think? Anyway I am just making a guess.

Wild Falcon
27-07-11, 11:12
I think better rename to "Thomson Central" lah. Haha. Bishan does have a heartlander HDB and 99LH masses vibe. :) Look at those Gardens at Bishan (latest transaction only $680psf) or Bishan Park or whatever, anything 99LH with "Bishan" name doesn't do very well over time. The negative heartlander connotation so strong.

Good news on hiring expensive architect. No $1400 psf no launch :eek: Properties in and around Bishan will huat!

Wild Falcon
27-07-11, 11:19
No such thing as freehold in Bishan lah. It's a HDB estate with almost all HDB-owned land (originally intended for HDB flats). Sometimes one wonders why HDB is reselling land to private instead of building HDB flats.

1400psf? *shudder*
its quite scary seeing prices like these in bishan
99yr or f/hold?

architect design looks nice i must say, but ultimately layout is impt.
let's see floor plans

kingkong1984
27-07-11, 11:42
No such thing as freehold in Bishan lah. It's a HDB estate with almost all HDB-owned land (originally intended for HDB flats). Sometimes one wonders why HDB is reselling land to private instead of building HDB flats.

you will see that at marine parade's prime sea view units.. sooner or later.... SERS and out come ConDo! land for sale.

hyenergix
27-07-11, 12:06

The Raffles schools and Catholic schools with gifted programme are in Bishan...

Lovelle
27-07-11, 12:40
the design is not very appealing leh....

stalingrad
27-07-11, 12:58
the design is not very appealing leh....

design is worthless. You can't eat design. just look at d'leedon and the interlace. designed by million dollar architects. but are singaporeans biting? NO.

Lovelle
27-07-11, 13:04
design is worthless. You can't eat design. just look at d'leedon and the interlace. designed by million dollar architects. but are singaporeans biting? NO.

to me so long as the layout of your desire unit must be decent , location, pricing and maintenance fee....(sounds like all singaporean criteria ?)

devilplate
27-07-11, 13:19
to me so long as the layout of your desire unit must be decent , location, pricing and maintenance fee....(sounds like all singaporean criteria ?)
But facade look like dbss or worse hdb?

Lovelle
27-07-11, 13:23
But facade look like dbss or worse hdb?

i tot so, even the new punggol hdb (facing the river) has better design. Why are developers not engaging local architect ?

I still like the usual designs such as Clover or Twin Peak, squarish

Eldenfirefly
27-07-11, 14:02
i tot so, even the new punggol hdb (facing the river) has better design. Why are developers not engaging local architect ?

I still like the usual designs such as Clover or Twin Peak, squarish
Clover is not squarish! It's shaped like a clover leaf. You won't find a single sharp corner at clover. It's all curved. :)

amk
27-07-11, 15:08
the design looks really really like LegoLand :scared-4:

hope the rendering is wrong. this architect should be really good.

devilplate
27-07-11, 17:47
the design looks really really like LegoLand :scared-4:

hope the rendering is wrong. this architect should be really good.
I like it leh....hope the rendering is right:p

devilplate
27-07-11, 17:49
Clover is not squarish! It's shaped like a clover leaf. You won't find a single sharp corner at clover. It's all curved. :)
Yes....tats y got some wastage of space here n there:p

But clover symbolise lucky lucky rite? 1st owner oredi reap pile of gold:D

DaytonaSS
27-07-11, 21:18

no wonder HDB contractor turn developers proj sell so well. cheap cheap build and sell, so many pple buy. 0 design, put 1 swimming pool use few stabs of marble all shouting so beautiful!

U are so right!

DaytonaSS
27-07-11, 21:31

if the project is north south facing for the 2 main blocks then its great facing. Dont understand y so many Architect design developments to face west Sun, the 3 sky park connector sure damn shiok.

When price is announced, sure to send some shock wave through the market. $1200-1300 psf would be priced to sell in my opinion. But more likely $1400 psf average.

kane
27-07-11, 21:42
New HDBs are starting to look more and more like private condo. So pte developers have to try and differentiate with innovative designs, not knowing though that they could be over doing it at times.

devilplate
27-07-11, 21:47
New HDBs are starting to look more and more like private condo. So pte developers have to try and differentiate with innovative designs, not knowing though that they could be over doing it at times.
Or buy shorties 5-6 storey high.... Sure wun look like hdb.... Hehe

Or d1,2 projects.... But look like office instead... Haha

bargain hunter
27-07-11, 22:54
can't be. psf is too low. has to be above thomson grand psf!

if the project is north south facing for the 2 main blocks then its great facing. Dont understand y so many Architect design developments to face west Sun, the 3 sky park connector sure damn shiok.

When price is announced, sure to send some shock wave through the market. $1200-1300 psf would be priced to sell in my opinion. But more likely $1400 psf average.

ecimbew
27-07-11, 23:25
Capitaland will need to bid aggressively for remaining plots. They have to get them.

http://singaporedreamproperties.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/BishanSt14.jpg

Wild Falcon
27-07-11, 23:38
The design is really ugly. Capitaland really always kena played out by the famous architect. First is d'Leedon that is underwhelming. Now this unappealing structure. They shd go n find the reflections at keppel bay architect. That is iconic.

I rmb this is the plot Capitaland bidded almost 40% higher than the second bidder, sending shockwaves around about how far-off is their valuation from market expectations. The selling price sure cut carrot one to recoup the misjudgment n over-aggressive bidding strategy.

kingkong1984
27-07-11, 23:47
The design is really ugly. Capitaland really always kena played out by the famous architect. First is d'Leedon that is underwhelming. Now this unappealing structure. They shd go n find the reflections at keppel bay architect. That is iconic.

I rmb this is the plot Capitaland bidded almost 40% higher than the second bidder, sending shockwaves around about how far-off is their valuation from market expectations. The selling price sure cut carrot one to recoup the misjudgment n over-aggressive bidding strategy.

It will be priced very high... then they will make sure that the plot beside it is also bidded high high... then all high together... whahahaha

CCR
27-07-11, 23:53
Min 1400... Any lower cannot make money

DaytonaSS
28-07-11, 00:05

i agree the design is iconic at relections, but looking at most response here, pple still only like the square square layout. too drama at bishan area will look abit out of place. 1 thing for sure, the launch price should be talk of the town.

extremme
28-07-11, 00:11
Wats the name of this project? Announced already?

All areas in bishan Huat!!

rockinsg
28-07-11, 00:14

CrapLand..:banghead:
ATleast FEO is clearing out the crap stuff fast.. even if downturn still safer..
CrapLand buys higher and then struck with it for years and years :doh:

valkri
28-07-11, 00:22
Private garden space at 30+ floor must be nice....the 3 sky garden bridges too.

Other than that, the architecture looks like 2 giant ugly blocks of prison cells.

fclim
28-07-11, 01:08
http://www.greenprophet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/GoldenDreamBay2.jpg

http://www.greenprophet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/GoldenDreamBay1.jpg

Looks familiar? Golden Dream Bay, China.

howgozit
28-07-11, 01:36
Private garden space at 30+ floor must be nice....the 3 sky garden bridges too.

Other than that, the architecture looks like 2 giant ugly blocks of prison cells.

Will stick out like a sore thumb in Bishan.

howgozit
28-07-11, 01:51

Looks very similar indeed.

In Singapore, guess what those open terraces will be used for? ... and I don't blame them, clothes dryers are such a waste of electricity since Singapore is mostly bright and sunny. However, the overall effect is going to be an eyesore.

ysyap
28-07-11, 05:59
Looks very similar indeed.

In Singapore, guess what those open terraces will be used for? ... and I don't blame them, clothes dryers are such a waste of electricity since Singapore is mostly bright and sunny. However, the overall effect is going to be an eyesore.So must buy those levels with the open terraces for easy access to hang laundry and stuff! :D Take the higher floors and you can start communicating with your friends from Clovers since most HDB there are not above 16 floor. Can see these two projects from far far!!! :o

kingkong1984
28-07-11, 09:13
This kind of Design, trying to make more profits. The PES are actually enlarged for bigger profits. It is not really private as you can have neighbours throwing things down or looking down or even climbing down into your units. The night mare of 1 floor PES owners relived on each floor.

You will see extra big balcony or u call them as roof terraces. All have umbrella with coffee table. Must be white umbrellas as seen in the pic.. hahaa.

oh... forgot to add.. yes, it will sell... anything that is non HDB like will sell... including the pricing.

ysyap
28-07-11, 09:23
So when will this project be launched? Next week when US has no more money and the world economy enters a realm of uncertainties and when stock market has seen consecutive downs for couple of days already? Developer quite daring to launch now.

Also waiting for the Bartley plot to launch. These are the expensive land parcel sold recently... interesting to see who has more holding power. :p

ysyap
28-07-11, 09:23
This kind of Design, trying to make more profits. The PES are actually enlarged for bigger profits. It is not really private as you can have neighbours throwing things down or looking down or even climbing down into your units. The night mare of 1 floor PES owners relived on each floor.

You will see extra big balcony or u call them as roof terraces. All have umbrella with coffee table. Must be white umbrellas as seen in the pic.. hahaa.

oh... forgot to add.. yes, it will sell... anything that is non HDB like will sell... including the pricing.Agreed that whenever it looks non HDB, it should sell. No point buying another HDB at a condo price. :D Clovers look good and non-HDB. Then again Clovers still hasn't achieve 100% sales. Hmmm....

kingkong1984
28-07-11, 09:27
Agreed that whenever it looks non HDB, it should sell. No point buying another HDB at a condo price. :D Clovers look good and non-HDB. Then again Clovers still hasn't achieve 100% sales. Hmmm....

If want to make bigger profit... dun fight with Developers. Let developer do their magic then u come in.

If Developer sold out 1 bedders, u can try sub or resale for 1 bedder thereafter

if sold out 2 bedders, u can try subsale or resale thereafter etc.

Enjoy the Pics

http://www.msafdie.com/#/projects

2014 project, beach front. But Bishan, MRT Depot Front? hmm... if orientate for best views, Marina Direction or Reserviour?

Eldenfirefly
28-07-11, 09:28
I also curious to see what kind of high high psf they are going to launch at. :) Should bring up the overall psf of Bishan condos in general. In particular, I think Bishan 8 should benefit. Just as near to MRT, but will probably be much cheaper.

kingkong1984
28-07-11, 09:32
I also curious to see what kind of high high psf they are going to launch at. :) Should bring up the overall psf of Bishan condos in general. In particular, I think Bishan 8 should benefit. Just as near to MRT, but will probably be much cheaper.

U missed the boat lah... cheaper earlier but it will rise with the tide also. The wave is coming.

Enjoy more pics

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=190226

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/moshe-safdie-golden-dream-bay_n_830602.html#s248250

Lovelle
28-07-11, 09:39
Yes....tats y got some wastage of space here n there:p

But clover symbolise lucky lucky rite? 1st owner oredi reap pile of gold:D

yeah, so funny. That is one reason i didn't buy last time. Not for my own stay, they are others in bishan that has better layout....

Lovelle
28-07-11, 09:40
I like it leh....hope the rendering is right:p

macam pinnacle leh, juust with the steps design. Copyright issue

linchong84
28-07-11, 10:04
if prices really sky high, then buyers might get a chance to re-live bishan 8 owners' experiences :D

fclim
28-07-11, 10:08
macam pinnacle leh, juust with the steps design. Copyright issue

Following up on my earlier post. Golden Dream Bay, China, also designed by Moshe Safdie. Probably just pull out the drawings for Bishan to save costs? You can imagine the Bishan projects to be something like this.

http://www.greenprophet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/GoldenDreamBay1-350x414.jpg (http://www.greenprophet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/GoldenDreamBay1.jpg)

ysyap
28-07-11, 10:14
Pay them good money only for them to duplicate their designs? Wow! Very profitable for that architect. :D

kingkong1984
28-07-11, 10:15
Pay them good money only for them to duplicate their designs? Wow! Very profitable for that architect. :D

leakage from profit lah... then u do magic.

fclim
28-07-11, 10:15
So must buy those levels with the open terraces for easy access to hang laundry and stuff! :D Take the higher floors and you can start communicating with your friends from Clovers since most HDB there are not above 16 floor. Can see these two projects from far far!!! :o

If you see earlier post by ecimbew, the land surrounding this project are all slated for high rise residential development. In time to come, this project will be blocked! Those buying for views of Macritchie reservoir have to be careful.

ysyap
28-07-11, 10:21
If you see earlier post by ecimbew, the land surrounding this project are all slated for high rise residential development. In time to come, this project will be blocked! Those buying for views of Macritchie reservoir have to be careful.So Clovers park facing is the best buy? Sure no high rise in the park.. :D

kingkong1984
28-07-11, 10:31
So Clovers park facing is the best buy? Sure no high rise in the park.. :D

actually can get reserviour facing plus park facing..

Eldenfirefly
28-07-11, 10:36
So Clovers park facing is the best buy? Sure no high rise in the park.. :D

OMG, you are going to make the people that have sold Clover suffer extreme seller's regret. It just TOPed, all the owners have been getting bombarded by sms and calls from property agents asking if they want to sell... :)

fclim
28-07-11, 10:43
OMG, you are going to make the people that have sold Clover suffer extreme seller's regret. It just TOPed, all the owners have been getting bombarded by sms and calls from property agents asking if they want to sell... :)

Clover owners may suffer traffic congestion if they use Marymount Road for the years that the NS E'way is being built. Bishan St 22 also quite narrow and does not appear to have any room for widening the road.

ysyap
28-07-11, 10:43
OMG, you are going to make the people that have sold Clover suffer extreme seller's regret. It just TOPed, all the owners have been getting bombarded by sms and calls from property agents asking if they want to sell... :)LOL.... not my intentions and I'm sure you won't suffer this regret coz you'll suffer more from your wifey... Hahahaha...:D I missed the boat then. I thought Clovers was too expensive then but I think I have to look for other bargains now... :p!

Eldenfirefly
28-07-11, 11:10
Clover owners may suffer traffic congestion if they use Marymount Road for the years that the NS E'way is being built. Bishan St 22 also quite narrow and does not appear to have any room for widening the road.

Lucky I don't intend to drive to work! :)

maisonjai
28-07-11, 11:43
Following up on my earlier post. Golden Dream Bay, China, also designed by Moshe Safdie. Probably just pull out the drawings for Bishan to save costs? You can imagine the Bishan projects to be something like this.

Golden Dream looks interesting, like multiple stairways to heaven 步步高昇...:D So bishan is what dream?

august
28-07-11, 12:05
Golden Dream looks interesting, like multiple stairways to heaven 步步高昇...:D So bishan is what dream?

yeah, looks nice~

iconic design needs generous land space to stand out, too bad not many projects here have that kind of plot spaces to play with. bishan one might end up underwhelming :(

Wild Falcon
28-07-11, 12:07
This Golden Dream Bay looks way better - don't insult it leh.

The Bishan central project is like half-past 6 halfhearted - one building with steps and one building like a normal boring block. And then link 2 buildings that look out of sync with each other with bridges. If wanna have step-up design then do it all the way lah.

I remember the Mi laksa also got steps but somehow looks better and very mediterranean... This one just CMI.

Rysk
28-07-11, 12:28
can't be. psf is too low. has to be above thomson grand psf!

To sell above Thomson GRAND psf... they have to use the name Bishan "GRAND"... only the project is grand then can ask for high price mah!! :D

maisonjai
28-07-11, 13:29
yeah, looks nice~

iconic design needs generous land space to stand out, too bad not many projects here have that kind of plot spaces to play with. bishan one might end up underwhelming :(

errr...so china's version is the original & ours is a fake :scared-4:

i quite keen to see the scale model of the bishan plot, i noticed rows of balconies looks like those old fashion medical hall's drawers half open...:D

ysyap
28-07-11, 13:31
errr...so china's version is the original & ours is a fake :scared-4:
Welcome to Bishan Grand, or the previous recommended name, MitsuBishan, 100% made in China! :D

Wild Falcon
28-07-11, 13:52
I think Capitaland bought the land at $840+psf when the second bidder only 600+psf right? i think selling price sould be above $1500psf - more grand than Thomson Grand. That's why need famous architect to justify the price tag. Sure cut carrot one - need to pass the poor judgment to the buyers.

Sometimes expensive architect cannot buy good taste. Just like some people wear branded clothes head to toe but still look sala.

kingkong1984
28-07-11, 13:55
Welcome to Bishan Grand, or the previous recommended name, MitsuBishan, 100% made in China! :D

BG... good or bad?

Golden Tower?

Bishan Supreme?

Bishanite (Since near ITE)?

or Bishanium (also near Stadium)?

Wild Falcon
28-07-11, 14:04
Capitland should continue their new branding strategy: famous architect with small "d" with aspostrophe series.

d'Leedon
d'Bishan

BG... good or bad?

Golden Tower?

Bishan Supreme?

Bishanite (Since near ITE)?

or Bishanium (also near Stadium)?

august
28-07-11, 14:04
how about J'annah or Heavens in arabic, considering the splendid mosque nearby :p

ysyap
28-07-11, 14:58
Capitland should continue their new branding strategy: famous architect with small "d" with aspostrophe series.

d'Leedon
d'Bishand Pavilion by MCL or Capitland?

howgozit
28-07-11, 15:56

d'Leedon
d'Bishan

How about d'Value?

Hahaha.... just kidding lah

kingkong1984
28-07-11, 18:05
How about d'Value?

Hahaha.... just kidding lah

D'residence

D'bishan

D'Icon - drift on Icon

D'sign

D'Steps

D'lift - drift on clift

D'lego (personal Favourite)

maisonjai
28-07-11, 21:28
D' LaoTui - stairways

kane
28-07-11, 21:45
how about J'annah or Heavens in arabic, considering the splendid mosque nearby :p

Not a bad suggestion at all. :cheers1:

fclim
28-07-11, 22:07
Sky Residences
Sky Gardens
Sky Terraces
The Terraces

azeoprop
28-07-11, 22:18
D' Isaster
D' Estroy

:rolleyes:

ysyap
28-07-11, 23:27
D' eplorable D' esign
D' eveloper D' evour
D' eceptive D' ecoy

extremme
28-07-11, 23:29
How about c instead of d?

C'aRroT for all the carrot tops this project is going to thok!:doh:

kingkong1984
29-07-11, 00:44
D' Isaster
D' Estroy

:rolleyes:
Haha.... I like these... Detonate?

If C.... Carrot residences

ecimbew
29-07-11, 07:00
If you see earlier post by ecimbew, the land surrounding this project are all slated for high rise residential development. In time to come, this project will be blocked! Those buying for views of Macritchie reservoir have to be careful.

The best views should face ITE Bishan. Anywhere else will be blocked in future. Unless, Capitaland bids agressively and wins all plots. Then they can at least design the rest.

kane
29-07-11, 08:34
The best views should face ITE Bishan. Anywhere else will be blocked in future. Unless, Capitaland bids agressively and wins all plots. Then they can at least design the rest.

It feels like they might try and corner the whole area.

DaytonaSS
29-07-11, 08:50
and the bashing starts again

testtest
31-07-11, 21:32
Bishan Cloud

ysyap
02-08-11, 08:51
Developer taps star architect for Bishan condo

By i_property | Property Blog (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/property-blog/) – Mon, Aug 1, 2011

tweet (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/_xhr/social/share/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fproperty-blog%2Fdeveloper-banks-star-architect-condo-project-163906172.html&text=Developer%20taps%20star%20architect%20for%20Bishan%20condo%20%7C%20Fit%20to%20Post%20Property%20-%20Yahoo!&via=yahoosg&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fproperty-blog%2Fdeveloper-banks-star-architect-condo-project-163906172.html&lang=en&action=retweet)3 (http://twitter.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fproperty-blog%2Fdeveloper-banks-star-architect-condo-project-163906172.html)
Share (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/_xhr/social/share/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fproperty-blog%2Fdeveloper-banks-star-architect-condo-project-163906172.html&text=Developer%20taps%20star%20architect%20for%20Bishan%20condo%20%7C%20Fit%20to%20Post%20Property%20-%20Yahoo!&action=inshare)
Email (http://mtf.news.yahoo.com/mailto/?prop=news&locale=sg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fproperty-blog%2Fdeveloper-banks-star-architect-condo-project-163906172.html&title=Developer%20taps%20star%20architect%20for%20Bishan%20condo%20%7C%20Fit%20to%20Post%20Property%20-%20Yahoo!)
Print (http://javascript<b></b>:window.print();)

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/3Ce237DE55M5lJBOWh1bMA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-SG/blogs/propertyblog/25-29-article-pic.jpg (http://mit.zenfs.com/155/2011/07/25-29-article-pic.jpg) If successful, the designer condominium may set a trend for such apartments locating away from high-end districts. …

By Danny Gilchrist

In a move to differentiate themselves in a largely homogenous market, CapitaLand (http://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/taggedArticles.aspx?tagid=512) has hired US-based super architect Moshe Safdie to design its recently purchased condominium project in Bishan. The site, which was acquired earlier this year for $550 million, will comprise of two 38-storey towers connected by a beautiful sky garden walkway.

As property developers look to use different techniques to distinguish their products in a price-sensitive market, CapitaLand have looked towards creativity in their bid to drive a higher price for their future condominium (http://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/3044/The-Future-of-Singapore-Prime-Condos) units.

Moshe Safdie has had previous experience in the Singapore architectural scene, with his firm designing the ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands. However, this foray into the residential market is a new trend in terms of design direction, with only a handful of firms previously employing an architect to design a residential development.

The central theme behind this is to create a more emphatic landmark to a different area of Singapore. With the site located in the hub of the Bishan HDB estate (http://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/3537/Housing-Plans-to-Make-Travel-More-Convenient), CapitaLand will be able to distinguish a uniquely modernised property within an area traditionally linked to the heartlanders of Singapore. Economically, it is also provides a basis for increasing the unit price within the development.

Safdie has previously designed a residential project in Montreal, Canada -- Habitat 67. Along with the Vancouver Library Square his architectural scope of work is thoroughly expansive, with a number of award-winning designs being universally lauded for the modernity and creativity in a challenging environment.

Although Singapore has experienced a considerably illustrious roster of architectural talent over the last 10 years, many of their projects have focused on business and commercial properties along with the location of those properties being concentrated towards the CBD and south central Singaporean landscape. The Bishan project may act as a test for future development of this kind outside the typical areas.

With extensive local amenities surrounding the area along with the Bishan MRT interchange, CapitaLand has focused on creating a draw for the public to move out of the mostly overly populated areas into one that will ultimately serve their needs equally and provide a quieter setting.
One reservation with the success of this future project is the asking price. Many customers conscious of the price hike will contemplate whether paying the increased price against a similar price for an more desirable area or a similar development at a better price is worth the risk.

Previous examples of internationally lauded architects plying their trade over in Singapore include German architect Ole Scheeren's Interlace in the Alexandra Road area, American Daniel Libeskind's Reflections at Keppel Bay and Iraqi-British architect Zaha Hadid's d'Leedon on the former HUDC

Farrer Court estate. Although these developments have received critical acclaim for their various innovative architectural presence, all are not at 100 percent-sold status. This may be due to the premium price charged by the developers at the different properties.

However, pricing for projects with a renowned architect requires a higher-pricing strategy in order to generate a sufficient return on investment.

Colin Tan, Chesterton Suntec International research head, reinforced this sentiment. He told The Straits Times, "They can't get away with an ordinary design or a run-of-the-mill project and charge those kinds of prices. They have already got the location, so what they need now is a reason for buyers to buy, with an iconic project to push sales."

What remains to be seen is whether the investment of a prestigious architect will generate a sufficient return for CapitaLand on the project, although other external elements will factor into the final return on the company's initial investment.

proper-t
02-08-11, 09:28
With great design and great finishes comes GREAT launch prices......

Developer taps star architect for Bishan condo

By i_property | Property Blog (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/property-blog/) – Mon, Aug 1, 2011

tweet (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/_xhr/social/share/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fproperty-blog%2Fdeveloper-banks-star-architect-condo-project-163906172.html&text=Developer%20taps%20star%20architect%20for%20Bishan%20condo%20%7C%20Fit%20to%20Post%20Property%20-%20Yahoo!&via=yahoosg&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fproperty-blog%2Fdeveloper-banks-star-architect-condo-project-163906172.html&lang=en&action=retweet)3 (http://twitter.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fproperty-blog%2Fdeveloper-banks-star-architect-condo-project-163906172.html)
Share (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/_xhr/social/share/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fproperty-blog%2Fdeveloper-banks-star-architect-condo-project-163906172.html&text=Developer%20taps%20star%20architect%20for%20Bishan%20condo%20%7C%20Fit%20to%20Post%20Property%20-%20Yahoo!&action=inshare)
Email (http://mtf.news.yahoo.com/mailto/?prop=news&locale=sg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fproperty-blog%2Fdeveloper-banks-star-architect-condo-project-163906172.html&title=Developer%20taps%20star%20architect%20for%20Bishan%20condo%20%7C%20Fit%20to%20Post%20Property%20-%20Yahoo!)
Print (http://javascript<b></b>:window.print();)

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/3Ce237DE55M5lJBOWh1bMA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-SG/blogs/propertyblog/25-29-article-pic.jpg (http://mit.zenfs.com/155/2011/07/25-29-article-pic.jpg) If successful, the designer condominium may set a trend for such apartments locating away from high-end districts. …

By Danny Gilchrist

In a move to differentiate themselves in a largely homogenous market, CapitaLand (http://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/taggedArticles.aspx?tagid=512) has hired US-based super architect Moshe Safdie to design its recently purchased condominium project in Bishan. The site, which was acquired earlier this year for $550 million, will comprise of two 38-storey towers connected by a beautiful sky garden walkway.

As property developers look to use different techniques to distinguish their products in a price-sensitive market, CapitaLand have looked towards creativity in their bid to drive a higher price for their future condominium (http://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/3044/The-Future-of-Singapore-Prime-Condos) units.

Moshe Safdie has had previous experience in the Singapore architectural scene, with his firm designing the ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands. However, this foray into the residential market is a new trend in terms of design direction, with only a handful of firms previously employing an architect to design a residential development.

The central theme behind this is to create a more emphatic landmark to a different area of Singapore. With the site located in the hub of the Bishan HDB estate (http://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/3537/Housing-Plans-to-Make-Travel-More-Convenient), CapitaLand will be able to distinguish a uniquely modernised property within an area traditionally linked to the heartlanders of Singapore. Economically, it is also provides a basis for increasing the unit price within the development.

Safdie has previously designed a residential project in Montreal, Canada -- Habitat 67. Along with the Vancouver Library Square his architectural scope of work is thoroughly expansive, with a number of award-winning designs being universally lauded for the modernity and creativity in a challenging environment.

Although Singapore has experienced a considerably illustrious roster of architectural talent over the last 10 years, many of their projects have focused on business and commercial properties along with the location of those properties being concentrated towards the CBD and south central Singaporean landscape. The Bishan project may act as a test for future development of this kind outside the typical areas.

With extensive local amenities surrounding the area along with the Bishan MRT interchange, CapitaLand has focused on creating a draw for the public to move out of the mostly overly populated areas into one that will ultimately serve their needs equally and provide a quieter setting.
One reservation with the success of this future project is the asking price. Many customers conscious of the price hike will contemplate whether paying the increased price against a similar price for an more desirable area or a similar development at a better price is worth the risk.

Previous examples of internationally lauded architects plying their trade over in Singapore include German architect Ole Scheeren's Interlace in the Alexandra Road area, American Daniel Libeskind's Reflections at Keppel Bay and Iraqi-British architect Zaha Hadid's d'Leedon on the former HUDC

Farrer Court estate. Although these developments have received critical acclaim for their various innovative architectural presence, all are not at 100 percent-sold status. This may be due to the premium price charged by the developers at the different properties.

However, pricing for projects with a renowned architect requires a higher-pricing strategy in order to generate a sufficient return on investment.

Colin Tan, Chesterton Suntec International research head, reinforced this sentiment. He told The Straits Times, "They can't get away with an ordinary design or a run-of-the-mill project and charge those kinds of prices. They have already got the location, so what they need now is a reason for buyers to buy, with an iconic project to push sales."

What remains to be seen is whether the investment of a prestigious architect will generate a sufficient return for CapitaLand on the project, although other external elements will factor into the final return on the company's initial investment.

westman
09-09-11, 17:51
Jialat! Got Bishan & Leedon both very ex to sell....
Is this a distress calling?

:2cents:

Channel News Asia
REDAS urges govt to review property market tightening measures
By Joanne Chan | Posted: 09 September 2011 1432 hrs

SINGAPORE: President of the Real Estate Developers Association (REDAS), Mr Wong Heang Fine, has urged the government to review the various property market tightening measures from time to time.

He said this is needed to avoid artificially suppressing genuine demand for private properties in Singapore.

Mr Wong also expressed concerns of a potential oversupply situation in the near term.

Under the government's Land Sales Programme for the second half of this year, 17 private residential sites that can yield up to 8,100 units have been made available.

This is at the same level as in the first half.

And together with past land sales, they can potentially bring the pipeline of private homes to about 53,000 units.

Mr Wong said REDAS hopes the government will continue to moderate its Land Sale.

- CNA/cc

hyenergix
09-09-11, 21:19
I always have doubt that Interlace and Leedon can finish selling their units by their TOP date. This is the breaking noose today:

HYENERGIX urges developers to review rising roperty prices
By Hyenergix | Posted: 09 September 2011 2120 hrs

He said this is needed to avoid artificially suppressing genuine demand for private properties in Singapore.

Komo
09-09-11, 21:31
ITE bishan will be gone soon right?

mantrix
09-09-11, 23:39
If 1600psf, then this project may BeShunned

kingkong1984
10-09-11, 01:14
its BigSun.. get burned!

bargain hunter
15-09-11, 14:56
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_454A8BB77164FF084825790B002CD866/$file/CLnewsrelease.BishanCentral.15Sep2011.pdf?openelement

500 units

smallest unit is 680 sq ft 1+study

DC33_2008
15-09-11, 15:37
Do not see any uniqueness of the design. Just two highrise slab block of flats with staggered balcony and link by bridge at different level. Not sure if it is a good time to launch in early 2012.
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_454A8BB77164FF084825790B002CD866/$file/CLnewsrelease.BishanCentral.15Sep2011.pdf?openelement

500 units

azeoprop
15-09-11, 18:17

500 units

If 1500psf then the 680sqft 1+study will be over 1mil. :scared-1: :scared-3:

More expensive quantum than D'leedon!:scared-4:

westman
15-09-11, 18:30
If 1500psf then the 680sqft 1+study will be over 1mil. :scared-1: :scared-3:

More expensive quantum than D'leedon!:scared-4:

Bishan site + D'leedon + interlace....wow!
Cland has very deep pocket to hold wor!:2cents:

Laguna
15-09-11, 18:30
very high plot ratio

DaytonaSS
15-09-11, 19:12
Sell cheap cheap $1200 Psf can buy?

bargain hunter
15-09-11, 19:27
sure can! but we r dreaming. :ashamed1:

Sell cheap cheap $1200 Psf can buy?

mantrix
15-09-11, 19:42
1200 psf i will buy as many as my vitamin M allows :D

no need to even worry about crash :P

DC33_2008
15-09-11, 21:18
Remember the nearby Bishan 8 experience.
1200 psf i will buy as many as my vitamin M allows :D

no need to even worry about crash :P

mantrix
15-09-11, 21:25
Remember the nearby Bishan 8 experience.

they are selling at 1200+psf now so i guess their owners (provided they have not sold at loss) are smiling a little bit more now :D

hyenergix
15-09-11, 21:30

500 units

Mistake #1: over bidded the land
Mistake #2: hired expensive architect and ended up with something not very iconic
Mistake #3: No smaller 1 bedder to cater investors' demand
Mistake #4: used 680 sq ft to fit a 1+study instead of 2 bedder

What is the Capitaland doing? Next plot is already on sale. If Capitaland defends its price, or a competitor undercuts its previous bid, it will suffer from holding too many unsold units.

DC33_2008
15-09-11, 21:33
Capitaland research did not do a proper analysis before purchasing this land. Too expensive if it is more than $1200psf of the smallest unit.
Mistake #2: hired expensive architect and ended up with something not very iconic

What is the Capitaland doing? Next plot is already on sale. If Capitaland defends its price, or a competitor undercuts its previous bid, it will suffer from holding too many unsold units.

DaytonaSS
15-09-11, 21:40
Bishan site + D'leedon + interlace....wow!
Cland has very deep pocket to hold wor!:2cents:

Issnt interlace 70% sold? What's there to hold ? Does developer got 25% margin? Somemore the land is bought at record cheapest enbloc......

DaytonaSS
15-09-11, 21:49

Bro don't mind me point out, Singapore don't have a race call hobbits.... 680 sqft 2 bedroom how to stay? Really quiet sick of seeing MM units showroom resorting to magic to make pple believe it is any bigger that they area.

hyenergix
15-09-11, 21:57
Bro don't mind me point out, Singapore don't have a race call hobbits.... 680 sqft 2 bedroom how to stay? Really quiet sick of seeing MM units showroom resorting to magic to make pple believe it is any bigger that they area.

680 sqft 2-bedder is really quite livable, according to my standard :p I don't like to spend too much time cleaning the house. Hiring a maid is expensive and unreliable nowadays. What can you do with a study room anyway? Study? :confused:

bargain hunter
15-09-11, 22:04
liew ever looked down on MM and sort of vowed never to build 1 bedders smaller than 500 sq ft. to have a 680 sq ft 2 bedder would be as good as admitting he is going the MM way. so like d'leedon, he compromised with 680 sq ft 1+1.

westman
15-09-11, 22:09
Issnt interlace 70% sold? What's there to hold ? Does developer got 25% margin? Somemore the land is bought at record cheapest enbloc......

Sold 75% on total launched, a typical gimmick to give a feel good factor that the project is popular. Once you added up those yet to launch units, you will see a different picture. See what happens to D'leedon? :)

ysyap
15-09-11, 22:24
680 sqft 2-bedder is really quite livable, according to my standard :p I don't like to spend too much time cleaning the house. Hiring a maid is expensive and unreliable nowadays. What can you do with a study room anyway? Study? :confused:It varies family to family. With young kids, 680 sf is quite small. No space for that poor child to run. Must apply brakes even before he/she accelerates! Anyway, visited a 980 sf 3 bedder and can't help but gave up that unit coz its simply too small for our comfort. It probably translate to about 7xx sf 2 bedder unit feel. Can't imagine 6xx sf 2 bedder feel. :cheers1:

hyenergix
15-09-11, 22:36
It varies family to family. With young kids, 680 sf is quite small. No space for that poor child to run. Must apply brakes even before he/she accelerates! Anyway, visited a 980 sf 3 bedder and can't help but gave up that unit coz its simply too small for our comfort. It probably translate to about 7xx sf 2 bedder unit feel. Can't imagine 6xx sf 2 bedder feel. :cheers1:

You seems to have a few kids. A house is not meant for running about. I remember my childhood days as running around the neighbourhood, including climbing into drains and trees. Even 2000 sqft would be too small.

DaytonaSS
15-09-11, 22:37
Sold 75% on total launched, a typical gimmick to give a feel good factor that the project is popular. Once you added up those yet to launch units, you will see a different picture. See what happens to D'leedon? :)

i x2 confirm interlace is sold about 70% of total units with URA website. The feel good strategy is common across the board. Recent Thomson Grand also uses the same strategy.

Anyway, the hardcore sales results of new showflat units is a new trend, dont development usually take 2-3 years to slowly sell out? The expectation now is first 2-3 wks launched must high high sell out ratio? I think that is not normal.

As for D'Leedon, 1 things is for sure. Singaporeans are more ready to accept 350 sqft "house" than huge size development.

ecimbew
15-09-11, 22:44
Overheard some uncles saying that the balconies are so big and that those staying a floor above will throw rubbish down.

http://static.worldarchitecturenews.com/project/uploaded_files/17549_CapitaLand%20Bishan.jpg

http://static.worldarchitecturenews.com/news_images/17549_4_CapitaLand%20Bishan%20condo%20(Lap%20pool)%20Sep2011.JPG

DaytonaSS
15-09-11, 22:47
680 sqft 2-bedder is really quite livable, according to my standard :p I don't like to spend too much time cleaning the house. Hiring a maid is expensive and unreliable nowadays. What can you do with a study room anyway? Study? :confused:

my apologies for my rudeness. I guess 1 man's meat is another man's poison.

All things being equal, 1+ S have the same difficulty to clean as a 2 bedroom, both being 680 sqft. But i can understand different pple have difference space comfort, so cheers ; )

CCR
15-09-11, 22:50

I think it's sold 75% of all units..... I think all units have been released.... Actually why wouldn't you buy interlace? Only 1100 to 1200 psf....

DaytonaSS
15-09-11, 22:51
Overheard some uncles saying that the balconies are so big and that those staying a floor above will throw rubbish down.

Man, i absolute hate these pple! especially when i discover a piece of cake on my car. Balconies or not , those idiot will throw anything out the window. Someone share in another thread, a durian landed near his car before or was it something along the line.

azeoprop
15-09-11, 22:52
Actually the design looks very 70s like Golden mile complex painted in white with some elements of balestier point. :doh:

DaytonaSS
15-09-11, 22:52
I think it's sold 75% of all units..... I think all units have been released.... Actually why wouldn't you buy interlace? Only 1100 to 1200 psf....

i think still got 100 units not released.........

CCR
15-09-11, 22:53

http://static.worldarchitecturenews.com/project/uploaded_files/17549_CapitaLand%20Bishan.jpg

http://static.worldarchitecturenews.com/news_images/17549_4_CapitaLand%20Bishan%20condo%20(Lap%20pool)%20Sep2011.JPG

Actually it does look really iconic from the pictures.... I can't wait to see who they will appoint for their jurong lake district project....

DaytonaSS
15-09-11, 23:02
they are selling at 1200+psf now so i guess their owners (provided they have not sold at loss) are smiling a little bit more now :D

Clover by the park seems to be doing quiet well recently after their TOP. Looking at D'Leedon pricing strategy, i predict there many be some lower floor units going at high 1200++ price, and super high floor going more than $1500 psf.

Bishan's prices should do much better if not for the stupid "CTE" cannot be expanded stance 1 minister took many years ago. If not for the amazing CTE 365 24/7 jam, insane traffic & most lucrative ERP implementation, Bishan is a convenient location to stay.

DaytonaSS
15-09-11, 23:09
Actually it does look really iconic from the pictures.... I can't wait to see who they will appoint for their jurong lake district project....

i come to realise many pple prefer housing layout like EU habitat. Facing each other surrounding the pool. Square square blocks is the best......

From the pics its looks very nice to me. If got unblocked view will be very nice as the 2 towers dont block each other. Are there high rise flats beside it?

ecimbew
15-09-11, 23:12
http://static.worldarchitecturenews.com/news_images/17549_2_CapitaLand%20Bishan%20condo%20(Balconies)%20Sep2011.JPG

ecimbew
15-09-11, 23:17
But north facing is the Bishan stadium, mosque and Bishan ITE.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uoLPv8wzRj0/Tftj078asJI/AAAAAAAAAkg/YEQrCTd5QqI/s1600/Bishan-4.JPG

ecimbew
15-09-11, 23:19
Western side faces a plot of empty lands that will be developed into high rise residential buildings.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-K3rkxobUdO4/TftknGFmESI/AAAAAAAAAk4/LrL0LX0Z_9Y/s1600/Bishan-2.JPG

ecimbew
15-09-11, 23:24
Southern side will have another plot of empty land that will be developed into high rise buildings, a new road and HDB blocks.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IROtZrvLRz8/Tftj1WP1HZI/AAAAAAAAAko/WOBODpgOU2E/s1600/Bishan-3.JPG

august
15-09-11, 23:32
liew ever looked down on MM and sort of vowed never to build 1 bedders smaller than 500 sq ft. to have a 680 sq ft 2 bedder would be as good as admitting he is going the MM way. so like d'leedon, he compromised with 680 sq ft 1+1.

dleedon's 1+1 is too small to be a 2bedder lah... from the showflat that +1 space is really just an alcove, wont fit even a single bed.

DaytonaSS
15-09-11, 23:40
But north facing is the Bishan stadium, mosque and Bishan ITE.
Thanks for the sharing! North facing above 20 floor should be very solid open view, since no blockage or potential blockage in the near future. From the pict, this developement should be only north & south facing. If CL willing to lugi abit sell ard $1200 for high floor i m sure there will be plenty of takers :)

2ND look at the pics..... the lower to mid floors sure sian, with the super big spot light shining at u.....

DaytonaSS
15-09-11, 23:45
dleedon's 1+1 is too small to be a 2bedder lah... from the showflat that +1 space is really just an alcove, wont fit even a single bed.

effectively its a 1 bedder lah, plus a small area for pple to create a chill out corner, and for some..... to study. Personally i like the 680 sqft 1+ alcove space if i m single.

cl0ver
15-09-11, 23:47
wow, first picture can see Clover at the far end....

DaytonaSS
15-09-11, 23:48
Western side faces a plot of empty lands that will be developed into high rise residential buildings.

The extreme west area at the far end will have million dollar view wor. Unblocked all the way. Surely Capitaland got to win the bid also!!

devilplate
16-09-11, 00:08
Looks like this project gona have lots of uncovered 'balconies'which is actually a roof terrace and which means will b exempted from gfa

They bidded too high for the land....breakeven 11xxpsf.... So goto use dirty tricks to make more profit :2cents:

ysyap
16-09-11, 06:28
Thanks for the sharing! North facing above 20 floor should be very solid open view, since no blockage or potential blockage in the near future. From the pict, this developement should be only north & south facing. If CL willing to lugi abit sell ard $1200 for high floor i m sure there will be plenty of takers :)

2ND look at the pics..... the lower to mid floors sure sian, with the super big spot light shining at u.....They are not doing charity. They won't lugi. Otherwise Dleedon would have achieve near sell out by now. Just hope they won't sell above $1500psf. :D

ysyap
16-09-11, 06:28
If developer adopt good marketing strategy and launch quickly, they should breakeven before the much spoken about recession hits us next year or the following year! From ATT, it is apparent that locations like Punggol is no longer a difficult decision. As long as the price is cheap plus its near MRT, everything else can be overlooked. Hmmm... price will be a problem for Bishan area. Wonder how this project will take off?

phantom_opera
16-09-11, 07:22
It has to be more ex than Thomson Grand, CAPL stock already crashed from $4+ to $2.5, what do you expect them to do, firesales??

I would prefer to buy D Leedon if price similar, it is much more spacious

westman
16-09-11, 08:06
i x2 confirm interlace is sold about 70% of total units with URA website. The feel good strategy is common across the board. Recent Thomson Grand also uses the same strategy.

Anyway, the hardcore sales results of new showflat units is a new trend, dont development usually take 2-3 years to slowly sell out? The expectation now is first 2-3 wks launched must high high sell out ratio? I think that is not normal.

As for D'Leedon, 1 things is for sure. Singaporeans are more ready to accept 350 sqft "house" than huge size development.

I think we have around the same number for interlace.
Per URA data, Interlace has 1040 units. As of august, there are 351 units unsold (combination of those launched and yet to launch units). Effectively 66% sold as a whole.

As for D'leedon, agree with your observation and I tot quantum affordability in play.

westman
16-09-11, 08:09

Have tot of into interlace, however, my OC protested as she don't really appreciate the design...:p

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 08:21
Jacky Chan can have one of his movie scenes here by running down the terrace. :scared-4:

westman
16-09-11, 08:26
It has to be more ex than Thomson Grand, CAPL stock already crashed from $4+ to $2.5, what do you expect them to do, firesales??

I would be very stressed if I'm the top boss for CL....

westman
16-09-11, 08:30

I like the roof top pool!:)

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 08:53
Is early next year a good time to launch to his project? Economy may deterioriate again.

mantrix
16-09-11, 08:54
Actually the design looks very 70s like Golden mile complex painted in white with some elements of balestier point. :doh:

good observation - my thoughts exactly too.

20 years from now when the balconies becoming laundry yards then it will truly be a sight to behold.... :scared-1:

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 08:59
Security can be an issue with such step or cascading terrace design. One may find an intruder sitting outside your terrace at night.
good observation - my thoughts exactly too.

20 years from now when the balconies becoming laundry yards then it will truly be a sight to behold.... :scared-1:

mantrix
16-09-11, 09:02
Security can be an issue with such step or cascading terrace design. One may find an intruder sitting outside your terrace at night.

like someone said this is great for jackie chan movies :D

Also if you are a burglar and get into one unit, you can get into all so shiok :D

But my biggest worry is that of dengue...if you have just one careless neighbour the whole block can kena :eek:

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 10:25
Annouced at least $1450psf :scared-4: . Any takers?

chiaberry
16-09-11, 10:36
Annouced at least $1450psf :scared-4: . Any takers?

No I rather buy Thomson Grand if that is the case. Less crowded. Not surrounded by soon to be constructed devts and in the middle of the HDB estate (right smack in the middle).

Don't like the design. Your balcony will be a dumping ground for rubbish from upstairs.

I don't think the architecture is that fantastic either. If it is then Golden Mile is also iconic.

Wild Falcon
16-09-11, 10:42
I think different crowd. Thomson grand is bought by many PRCs. This one is for local upgrader who doesn't mind the HDB environment and neighbours and take public transport type. Really smack in the middle of HDB estate.

No I rather buy Thomson Grand if that is the case. Less crowded. Not surrounded by soon to be constructed devts and in the middle of the HDB estate (right smack in the middle).

chiaberry
16-09-11, 10:46
I think different crowd. Thomson grand is bought by many PRCs. This one is for local upgrader who doesn't mind the HDB environment and neighbours and take public transport type. Really smack in the middle of HDB estate.

Bishan got rich upgraders in that case.....This devt could have limited car parking space since it is next to the MRT.

The "unblocked" west facing view of the other plot will also feature an unblocked view of the Final Destination (as depicted in the photos from Clover high floors). The huge temple and columbarium are in that direction.

devilplate
16-09-11, 10:50

confirm Dleedon if similar px la....D10 address vs wat? bishan hdb estate? whahahahaha

but i tink Dleedon no more cheap units liao....

Wild Falcon
16-09-11, 10:50
Yah. Maybe they hope the rich upgraders can cut carrot head.

BTW, if i'm not wrong, even the Bishan "rich" upgraders make the least return from their HDB flats because the prices have always been high, unlike other areas like Queenstown or Clementi that started from a low base. So these are the right people to "cut carrot" because they r not particularly investment savvy.

Bishan got rich upgraders in that case.....This devt could have limited car parking space since it is next to the MRT.

The "unblocked" west facing view of the other plot will also feature an unblocked view of the Final Destination (as depicted in the photos from Clover high floors). The huge temple and columbarium are in that direction.

devilplate
16-09-11, 10:54
Yah. Maybe they hope the rich upgraders can cut carrot head.

BTW, if i'm not wrong, even the Bishan "rich" upgraders make the least return from their HDB flats because the prices have always been high, unlike other areas like Queenstown or Clementi that started from a low base. So these are the right people to "cut carrot" because they r not particularly investment savvy.

ironically, punggol flats made a handsome profits

hahaha:D

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 10:56
The latest report shows that OCR is moving a lot more. That is the happening place. ;)
ironically, punggol flats made a handsome profits

hahaha:D

chiaberry
16-09-11, 10:56
They should just get a space-efficient design, fairly nice looking but practical for usage. No need to go for so-called iconic design if it's not going to be well organized internally. Let's wait and see the floor plans.

I think big name architect is waste of $$$ judging by the recent offerings from Capland.

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 10:58
They are also selling to PRCs. They like branded stuff even for housing by renowed architect.
They should just get a space-efficient design, fairly nice looking but practical for usage. No need to go for so-called iconic design if it's not going to be well organized internally. Let's wait and see the floor plans.

I think big name architect is waste of $$$ judging by the recent offerings from Capland.

devilplate
16-09-11, 11:00

gd to have iconic design BUT ONLY IF the location is in D9,10,11,1,2,4:2cents:

reflections@keppel got my vote for the most iconic project in SG!! such a beauty!!!

Wild Falcon
16-09-11, 11:00
And the cascading roof terrace design means one can only look upwards and outwards but not downwards. Your view become obstructed and limited. Once u draw your eyes downward, u see the lower floor concrete only. It limits the view of the units, e.g. cannot see bikini babes downstairs swimming. Haha. Only good for smokers because can use the lower floor terrace as ash tray.

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 11:03
Besides an ash tray, it will be treated as a large spittoon.
And the cascading roof terrace design means one can only look upwards and outwards but not downwards. Your view become obstructed and limited. Once u draw your eyes downward, u see the lower floor concrete only. It limits the view of the units, e.g. cannot see bikini babes downstairs swimming. Haha. Only good for smokers because can use the lower floor terrace as ash tray.

taggy
16-09-11, 11:07

maybe good for ground floor units ? bec they used to be unable to figure out who throw the things down.... now high possibility is just the unit directly above you ? :D

devilplate
16-09-11, 11:11
maybe good for ground floor units ? bec they used to be unable to figure out who throw the things down.... now high possibility is just the unit directly above you ? :D

u got a good point.....so actually who dare to throw rubbish down rite?

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 11:14
Looking at the design, you can certainly throw a bit further with a certain projectile and will reach 2/3 units below.

devilplate
16-09-11, 11:15
Looking at the design, you can certainly throw a bit further with a certain projectile and will reach 2/3 units below.

very low possibility but still possible la of coz....

usually throw tissue, nose gold etc light light items rite? hard to throw so far rite? whahahhaa

cl0ver
16-09-11, 11:23
very low possibility but still possible la of coz....

usually throw tissue, nose gold etc light light items rite? hard to throw so far rite? whahahhaa

LOL! but some will throw eaten apple.... pampers...

Laguna
16-09-11, 11:26
in fact, it is very ugly to look into the balconies from high especially
a lot of people hang their clothings, use as store....put bicylcs, all sort of lights and furnitures...all sort of plants, dead plants etc

bargain hunter
16-09-11, 11:33
pampers will be fun. if change in living room can conveniently just throw at a trajectory, won't end in unit below but a few units lower then won't know who did it liao. hahahahaha. don't need to step out to balcony to throw.

LOL! but some will throw eaten apple.... pampers...

stalingrad
16-09-11, 11:34

66% of all units at the interlace. Not 75%. few units at d'leedon have been sold.

devilplate
16-09-11, 11:44
pampers will be fun. if change in living room can conveniently just throw at a trajectory, won't end in unit below but a few units lower then won't know who did it liao. hahahahaha. don't need to step out to balcony to throw.

getting gross:eek:

imagine got shyt inside the pamper and den piak landed on ur terrace:D

westman
16-09-11, 11:55
The latest report shows that OCR is moving a lot more. That is the happening place. ;)

Becareful, watch out for Teddybear with this wor as he will probably says not true as there is no way OCR can ever outrun CCR...:D :D :D :D

westman
16-09-11, 11:57
u got a good point.....so actually who dare to throw rubbish down rite?

Still can. Just throw abit harder and further so as to sabo the unit below you lol..... :D :D

westman
16-09-11, 11:59

Once landed on terrace, owner should quickly shouts "HuatX3" :D :D :D

bargain hunter
16-09-11, 13:20
errm, not me hor. u added the gross details. LOL.

count the time from throw to piak to guess which unit below kenna after each practice session. (as per "grenade! one thousand, two thousand,...")

westman
16-09-11, 13:26

count the time from throw to piak to guess which unit below kenna after each practice session. (as per "grenade! one thousand, two thousand,...")

make sure you hide hor else kena from "grenade"..........before unit below you found out who did it... :ashamed1: :ashamed1:

bargain hunter
16-09-11, 13:31
grenade! one thousand, two thousand, three thousand,...,HUAT AH!

make sure you hide hor else kena from "grenade"..........before unit below you found out who did it... :ashamed1: :ashamed1:

westman
16-09-11, 13:45
Interestingly, this Bishan project is not the first project from Moshe Sofdie.
The other projects are Marina Bay Sands, Ardmore Habitat Condo and
Carinhill Road Condo. Moshe also try on the forecoming Capitol Theater and not sure whether he won the project!!!

MBS... wow..:cool: :cool:

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 14:58
No more $ in Europe and US. Better earn S$ as it is stronger. Slab block design may have limited view in future due to the nearby sites are earmarked for highrise residential. They are using similar design to the randomised balconies at pinnacle @ duxton.
Interestingly, this Bishan project is not the first project from Moshe Sofdie.
The other projects are Marina Bay Sands, Ardmore Habitat Condo and
Carinhill Road Condo. Moshe also try on the forecoming Capitol Theater and not sure whether he won the project!!!

MBS... wow..:cool: :cool:

ysyap
16-09-11, 15:28
grenade! one thousand, two thousand, three thousand,...,HUAT AH!Army has made you a better man! :spliff:

ysyap
16-09-11, 15:30

count the time from throw to piak to guess which unit below kenna after each practice session. (as per "grenade! one thousand, two thousand,...")You can even use mathematics to calculate and find out which unit kena your special gift! :cheers1:

ecimbew
17-09-11, 08:23
I feel that you guys already know that Mr Moshie has taken the "iconic" design from his Qinhuangdao Golden Dream Bay project in China.

http://www.archiportal.crimea.ua/images/stories/news/2010/november/moshe_05.jpg

http://www.cityfarmer.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/roofsaf.jpg

http://4szoba.hu/upload/images/photos/000/015/558/Golden-Dream-Bay-10.jpg?1299250107

http://4szoba.hu/upload/images/photos/000/015/553/Golden-Dream-Bay-1.jpg?1299249920

ecimbew
17-09-11, 08:27
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/Qinhuangdao_map.png

ecimbew
17-09-11, 08:35
Moshie first started with his obsession with slopes in Copenhagen.

The 8 HOUSE is located in Southern Ørestad on the edge of the Copenhagen Canal. In my opinion this is nicer.

http://www.e-architect.co.uk/images/jpgs/copenhagen/big_house_orestad_b200810_ts3.jpg

http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2010/10/12/bigs-8house-11_ZUbLo_24429.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4103/4982576564_a9aacc0a33.jpg

http://aplust.net/imagenes_blog/r2VPvR1b_00-big-8house-copenhagen.jpg

ecimbew
17-09-11, 08:59
Moshe launched his career in 1967 with his signature mess cubes stack, which can find some elements in the Bishan and Qinhuangdao designs.

http://blog.la76.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Expo_67_Habitat_67_002.jpg

HABITAT 67

Habitat 67, an experiment in apartment living, became the permanent symbol of Expo 67 after it closed. It was Canadian architect Moshe Safdie’s experiment to make a fundamentally better and cheaper housing for the masses. He attempted to make a revolution in the way homes were built – by the industrialization of the building process; essentially factory mass production. He felt that it was more efficient to make buildings in factories and deliver them prefabricated to the site.

Safdie was dissatisfied with both suburbia, which destroyed open space surrounding cities and cut off people’s enjoyment of the amenities of city life, and with the high-rise apartment block, which concentrated people on less land. Apartments generally were too small for growing families, and lacked both privacy and outdoor space. He was convinced the later were inadequate as family housing.

He planned Habitat with the goal to find a way to put a great many people on a small space, yet provide them with at least some of the pleasures of a private home. He wanted to build a city in the sky, a 3- D city and his city would contain 1000 housing units, with shops and even a school. What he proposed was an experiment, not just in housing, but in community life.

But between 1964 and 1966 when construction started, it was downsized to only 158 dwelling units, without shops and a school. What started out as a plan for a small city, instead became a hugely expensive apartment building. Worse, while it was on Expo 67 grounds, when Expo 67 closed, it would be some distance from the rest of Montreal’s business and housing neighborhoods.

Habitat’s 158 living units resembled a Taos Indian pueblo.

As Habitat was designed, it resembled a curious concrete mountain of dwelling places, strikingly modern, yet reminiscent of a Taos Indian pueblo village, or an Italian hill town. Its units were built on the ground, then hoisted by crane into place five, six or more stories above the ground.

A factory was built beside the Habitat site. It contained four large molds in which the standardized units were made. To make each of them, a reinforcing steel cage was placed inside the mold, then concrete was poured around the cage. After the concrete cured, the unit was moved to an assembly line where a wooden sub-floor was installed with electrical and mechanical services below it. Windows and insulation were then inserted; afterwards prefabricated bathrooms and kitchen modules. Finally the unit was moved to its position in the building.

There were 354 of these units in all. But it was the way they were put together than produced the variety of forms that made Habitat, both inside and outside, so unusual.

The units were arranged to provide fifteen different types of “houses”. These varied from one-bedroom houses (600 sq. feet) to four-bedroom houses (1,700 sq. feet). Each had a private open garden space, 37 x 17 feet. Each man’s roof was another man’s garden. The arrangement of the units provided privacy and the variation in house layouts provides a sense of uniqueness.

While factory production techniques should have cut overall costs, building 158 apartments isn’t really productive in factory work since there is often a steep learning curve. Also since the individual units would bear the weight load of the units above, the units on the bottom where actually thicker and stronger. In the end Habitat 67 cost $22,195,920, or about $140,000 per living unit. Effectively that was the same cost as building six-eight ordinary town houses. Luckily one could rationalize that it was only a prototype, and if scaled up, it might be much cheaper to construct.

While the visiting public was impressed, they didn’t embrace the concept. At a distance the complex looked like an exciting piece of Cubist sculpture, at close up it’s flat concrete-gray exterior looked boring and as if nobody lived there. Inside the complex Safdie’s plastic covered pedestrian streets, connecting the apartments with the elevators and parking lots, were poorly sheltered from Montreal’s cold window weather. Perhaps if it had been built near one of Montreal’s exciting neighborhoods, the public might have been more willing to accept it, but then few of Expo’s fifty million visitors would have seen the innovative housing site.

ecimbew
17-09-11, 09:13
The Habitat 67 still stands.

http://blogs.artinfo.com/museumviews/files/2010/09/Moshe-Safdie-Habitat-67-Oren-Safdie-1.jpg

http://studio3postindustrial.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/moshesafdie_habitat67_drawings_052.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/skottchun/habitat67_6.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_I4Seszzj2FY/TFOZNDG8hlI/AAAAAAAAACE/m-QBeqFPwFY/s1600/hab67-section.jpg

stalingrad
17-09-11, 09:24
I don't get it? what is good about this design? The design maximizes sunlight for each unit, and thus makes sense for countries in temperate zones, like Canada or Norway . but it would be hot like hell if used for Signapore condos.

The architect just borrowed his own idea for temperate zones for Singapore, but gets paid by capitaland by the million. I think Capitaland is getting conned again, just like it was by architect for the interlace.

ecimbew
17-09-11, 09:25
So nice

http://architypes.net/files/image/cache/habitat-67-terraces.jpg

http://architypes.net/files/image/cache/habitat-67-view-across-water-to-downtown.jpg

http://aedesign.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/habitat_67_close-up1.jpg

ecimbew
17-09-11, 09:37
Sorry guys. I got carried away. Too much indulgence on a Saturday morning.

DaytonaSS
17-09-11, 09:42
Sorry guys. I got carried away. Too much indulgence on a Saturday morning.

thanks for the wonderful sharing! its also nice to see some sharing.

stalingrad
17-09-11, 09:45
Someone is using the forum to do free advertising for capitaland, just like someone is using today's BT to do the same for capitaland.

beware and be warned.

kane
17-09-11, 16:23
Those terrace balcony faces the sea or lake. Ours face hdb.

land118
17-09-11, 16:34
Look like another Lego block project....:doh:

Rysk
17-09-11, 16:38
Moshe launched his career in 1967 with his signature mess cubes stack, which can find some elements in the Bishan and Qinhuangdao designs.

http://blog.la76.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Expo_67_Habitat_67_002.jpg

HABITAT 67

Looks more like Balestier Point to me.. haha
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5211/5de651301261v550.jpg
By fn2r (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/fn2r) at 2011-09-17

DC33_2008
17-09-11, 16:45
Will you pay min $1450psf for this project.\?
I don't get it? what is good about this design? The design maximizes sunlight for each unit, and thus makes sense for countries in temperate zones, like Canada or Norway . but it would be hot like hell if used for Signapore condos.

The architect just borrowed his own idea for temperate zones for Singapore, but gets paid by capitaland by the million. I think Capitaland is getting conned again, just like it was by architect for the interlace.

howgozit
17-09-11, 17:16
Design good for drying clothes.

You can bet the Singapore "United Colours of Bennetton" will be out in full force. Your upstairs neighbour can just look over his terrace and see what underwear your family wore the day before.

stalingrad
17-09-11, 20:20
Design good for drying clothes.

You can bet the Singapore "United Colours of Bennetton" will be out in full force. Your upstairs neighbour can just look over his terrace and see what underwear your family wore the day before.

precisely. it is singapore, and it is hot like hell. so, what good is it to have sun directly into your balcony. makes sense for denmark but not here.

capitaland is actually the most clumsy developer in my view, at least one of the clumsiest. actually more clumsy than sim lian. just look at ATT.

mcmlxxvi
18-09-11, 14:10
[SIZE=5]Looks more like Balestier Point to me.. haha

Totally agree. Balestier Point is the true blue icon.

ecimbew
19-09-11, 07:44
http://www.ura.gov.sg/spore1_1/island/buildings/15_Balestier%20Point.jpg

testtest
21-09-11, 10:01
precisely. it is singapore, and it is hot like hell. so, what good is it to have sun directly into your balcony. makes sense for denmark but not here.

capitaland is actually the most clumsy developer in my view, at least one of the clumsiest. actually more clumsy than sim lian. just look at ATT.

care to share why ATT is clumsy?

stalingrad
21-09-11, 11:17
care to share why ATT is clumsy?

ATT is doing very well, thanks to smart marketing by Sim Lian. ATT is not clumsy. capitaland is clumsy.

Wild Falcon
21-09-11, 14:42
Nice. Inspired by Potong Pasir HDB. Remember those Potong Pasir HDB with the slanting roofs? :)

Moshie first started with his obsession with slopes in Copenhagen.

The 8 HOUSE is located in Southern Ørestad on the edge of the Copenhagen Canal. In my opinion this is nicer.

http://www.e-architect.co.uk/images/jpgs/copenhagen/big_house_orestad_b200810_ts3.jpg

http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2010/10/12/bigs-8house-11_ZUbLo_24429.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4103/4982576564_a9aacc0a33.jpg

http://aplust.net/imagenes_blog/r2VPvR1b_00-big-8house-copenhagen.jpg

iwantgizmos
21-09-11, 22:39
check it out.... there is a video too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpgZHXdCTBc&feature=related

Wild Falcon
22-09-11, 11:36
Capitaland is indeed very clumsy in recent years and have to resort to share buyback to prevent share price from crashing futher, after crashing almosy 40%. The market really has no confidence in the current management, esp with the illogical bidding strategy and poor projects attributes. They keep using "star" architect but looks horrible aesthetically and still not selling leh. The worst was, the real thing is always a far cry from the artist impression. Just look at d'Leedon. U realise they always use 6 months marketing the iffy "artist impression" and create hype about the architect, and then keep their fingers crossed that buyers will be conned by their 6 months artist impression, when the real thing is actually very different. URA should really clamp down on such advertising style.

I think this Bishan project is going to launch only next year. And they are flooding the news and youtube with the "artist impression" liao. Similar to d'Leedon where for 6 months everywhere is the "artist impression" which misleads lots of buyers.

ATT is doing very well, thanks to smart marketing by Sim Lian. ATT is not clumsy. capitaland is clumsy.

august
22-09-11, 11:52
Capitaland is indeed very clumsy in recent years and have to resort to share buyback to prevent share price from crashing futher, after crashing almosy 40%. The market really has no confidence in the current management, esp with the illogical bidding strategy and poor projects attributes. They keep using "star" architect but looks horrible aesthetically and still not selling leh. The worst was, the real thing is always a far cry from the artist impression. Just look at d'Leedon. U realise they always use 6 months marketing the iffy "artist impression" and create hype about the architect, and then keep their fingers crossed that buyers will be conned by their 6 months artist impression, when the real thing is actually very different. URA should really clamp down on such advertising style.

I think this Bishan project is going to launch only next year. And they are flooding the news and youtube with the "artist impression" liao. Similar to d'Leedon where for 6 months everywhere is the "artist impression" which misleads lots of buyers.

those are just renderings, you still need to go to the showroom to see the model mah.. and then at showroom u have to see whether the show flat is done accurately or disguised with tons of gimmicky ID. i am more concerned URA is still so slow in regulating showflat requirements.

DC33_2008
22-09-11, 12:18
Foreigners may bite on this project with this video clip.
check it out.... there is a video too...

stalingrad
22-09-11, 14:48

I definitely think that Liew should retire and let someone take a crack at it.

gn108
22-09-11, 15:32
And give up millions! Are you Mad?

Only way is he gets bumped off or leave when CapL make losses and his income is just the base. Maybe then he'll pry open his hands and leave.

I definitely think that Liew should retire and let someone take a crack at it.

stalingrad
22-09-11, 16:52
And give up millions! Are you Mad?

Only way is he gets bumped off or leave when CapL make losses and his income is just the base. Maybe then he'll pry open his hands and leave.

I hope the board would do the right him. haha, who am I kidding?

DaytonaSS
22-09-11, 17:04
am i like the super minority.... the video clip seems very nice to me. The super high floor if got unblock view with the open air balcony would be quiet shiok.

somehow i got the feeling i might be the only one that think its pretty nice. price would be the most import fact at this point.

$1200+++ can jalan?

Worsty
22-09-11, 17:34
am i like the super minority.... the video clip seems very nice to me. The super high floor if got unblock view with the open air balcony would be quiet shiok.

somehow i got the feeling i might be the only one that think its pretty nice. price would be the most import fact at this point.

$1200+++ can jalan?

You're not the only one..If and a big IF the actual development is per the video, i'll give it a go at $1200 psf but seriously doubt it'll be only $1200...

DC33_2008
22-09-11, 17:36
I thought it is already annouced at $1450psf. :confused:
You're not the only one..If and a big IF the actual development is per the video, i'll give it a go at $1200 psf but seriously doubt it'll be only $1200...

Worsty
22-09-11, 17:59
I thought it is already annouced at $1450psf. :confused:

Never paid attention to this development until i was wow-ed by the video. no clue what the pricing was.

If it's $1450, it's beyond my budget. Vitamin M no enough.

ysyap
22-09-11, 18:23
Never paid attention to this development until i was wow-ed by the video. no clue what the pricing was.

If it's $1450, it's beyond my budget. Vitamin M no enough.Every video for any projects will be promoted beautifully and attractively. It's considered a failure if you and I do not give the thumbs up! :o Next will be the price. Then the agents will complete the sales with their sweet talks and stuff! :spliff:

focus
22-09-11, 19:14
It looks very cluttered and messy to me. Like a slum...

http://thaso2.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/3310512964_394f4740081.jpg?w=300&h=199http://www.sciencephoto.com/image/182774/large/E7850021-High-rise_buildings_and_slums,_Nariman_Pt,_Bombay-SPL.jpg

CCR
22-09-11, 21:34

If it's $1450, it's beyond my budget. Vitamin M no enough.

I am definitely wowed by the video.... I think it's one of the most realistic video rendering... It shows closed up and all angles...actually I think of all the tv commercials, this one is really very clear and no frills....

azeoprop
22-09-11, 21:41
Wonder if they can get any sales at all with 1450psf given the current uncertain market sentiments... :beats-me-man:

stalingrad
23-09-11, 07:10
Wonder if they can get any sales at all with 1450psf given the current uncertain market sentiments... :beats-me-man:

yes, to Liew's wife at a discount.

ysyap
23-09-11, 07:39
It would be awfully brave of the developer to launch this project this year. Well, with all the hypes, next year might just be worse. Timing is so important. If can't sell at $1450, they may have to give 10% discount for early bird. Then assess the buyers response accordingly. :o

Lovelle
23-09-11, 13:38
this project has so many units to offer, sure takes time to sell even if there is a discount.

capland shld market it in overseas, boh pian lio

land118
02-10-11, 23:08
Check this link, has a video...

http://sgproptalk.blogspot.com/2011/10/first-look-at-capitalands-upcoming.html

Sunday, October 2, 2011
First look at CapitaLand's upcoming project at Bishan Central

This video has been circulating for a few weeks now. It depicts the upcoming condominium project at Bishan Central, which*is jointly developed by CapitaLand Residential Singapore and Mitsubishi Estate Asia.

Located on a*129,137sqft site that is near to the Bishan MRT Station, the condominium project will comprise approximately 500 apartments across two 38-storey towers.

Following the launches of*CapitaLand's two other condo projects that were designed by world renowed artchitects - The Interlace (Ole Scheeren) and d'Leedon (Zaha Hadid),*the project at Bishan Central will be designed by another renowned international architect and urban planner, Moshe Safdie.

Mr. Moshe Safdie is no stranger to Singapore - he had worked on a few projects in the country since the 70s. Two condominiums - Ardmore Park and The Edge on Cairnhill - were designed by this superstar architect. He also worked with the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and Housing Development Board (HDB) on the planning of Sengkang new town. Mr. Safdie*is also the designer of Marina Bay Sands.

The 71-year-old, who is currently based in Boston, is known for his groundbreaking residential piece titled Habitat '67 - a complex cellular residential project that features building blocks placed on top of one another. This masterpiece propelled him onto the world stage and he has since worked on numerous projects around the world, such as the national musuem of the Sikh people in Punjab, India and Mamilla Alrov Centre, an urban centre near the old City in Jerusalem, just to name a few.

CapitaLand Residential Singapore acquired the 99-year leasehold site at Bishan Central for $550.1 million in February 2011. Design and development works are in progress and the condominium is targeted to be launched in the first half of 2012.

The breakeven price for this project is expected to be around $1,300psf and selling price is said to be upwards of $1,450psf.

Enjoy the video!

smallant
03-10-11, 00:06
super steaming nos.. Hope captialand in Bishan will not end up like interlace or DLeedon... a lot of leftovers... :)

kane
03-10-11, 00:15
the video looks good, especially the sky pool. but at 1450psf, that's too ex a lifestyle to have at bishan.

Arcachon
03-10-11, 00:27
Check this link, has a video...

http://sgproptalk.blogspot.com/2011/10/first-look-at-capitalands-upcoming.html

Sunday, October 2, 2011
First look at CapitaLand's upcoming project at Bishan Central

This video has been circulating for a few weeks now. It depicts the upcoming condominium project at Bishan Central, which*is jointly developed by CapitaLand Residential Singapore and Mitsubishi Estate Asia.

Located on a*129,137sqft site that is near to the Bishan MRT Station, the condominium project will comprise approximately 500 apartments across two 38-storey towers.

Following the launches of*CapitaLand's two other condo projects that were designed by world renowed artchitects - The Interlace (Ole Scheeren) and d'Leedon (Zaha Hadid),*the project at Bishan Central will be designed by another renowned international architect and urban planner, Moshe Safdie.

Mr. Moshe Safdie is no stranger to Singapore - he had worked on a few projects in the country since the 70s. Two condominiums - Ardmore Park and The Edge on Cairnhill - were designed by this superstar architect. He also worked with the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and Housing Development Board (HDB) on the planning of Sengkang new town. Mr. Safdie*is also the designer of Marina Bay Sands.

The 71-year-old, who is currently based in Boston, is known for his groundbreaking residential piece titled Habitat '67 - a complex cellular residential project that features building blocks placed on top of one another. This masterpiece propelled him onto the world stage and he has since worked on numerous projects around the world, such as the national musuem of the Sikh people in Punjab, India and Mamilla Alrov Centre, an urban centre near the old City in Jerusalem, just to name a few.

CapitaLand Residential Singapore acquired the 99-year leasehold site at Bishan Central for $550.1 million in February 2011. Design and development works are in progress and the condominium is targeted to be launched in the first half of 2012.

The breakeven price for this project is expected to be around $1,300psf and selling price is said to be upwards of $1,450psf.

Enjoy the video!

I got this message from my anti virus when I click on the link. Do anyone click on the link and get a warning from their anti-virus .

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-AcT3HPknAf0/ToiQzqPW1WI/AAAAAAAAGX8/dO4eakX0vtI/s800/anti%252520virus.JPG

land118
03-10-11, 00:28
the video looks good, especially the sky pool. but at 1450psf, that's too ex a lifestyle to have at bishan.
Have to market well ma, make some of us "gong gong", become blur blur and commit ma...:D

reuters
03-10-11, 00:35
Actually as early as 1965, an amazing leader already had such visions. Look at the designs then with a corridor (as compared to the balconies) which has a 'random pattern'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VosvrTlw7c&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLA1BABDC23736414D

land118
03-10-11, 00:39
I got this message from my anti virus when I click on the link. Do anyone click on the link and get a warning from their anti-virus .

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-AcT3HPknAf0/ToiQzqPW1WI/AAAAAAAAGX8/dO4eakX0vtI/s800/anti%252520virus.JPG

I open on my iPad, din have tis problem.

Perhaps u can try direct link from YouTube:

ysyap
03-10-11, 07:44
Have to market well ma, make some of us "gong gong", become blur blur and commit ma...:DThis project already asking for so high a psf therefore have to resort to other means like enticing advertisement to draw the crowd in before the agent can cast their spell on unassuming and naive potential buyers. :scared-2:

land118
03-10-11, 08:03
This project already asking for so high a psf therefore have to resort to other means like enticing advertisement to draw the crowd in before the agent can cast their spell on unassuming and naive potential buyers. :scared-2:
Would be interesting to seek what is size of a 2bedder.., since Capitaland CEO say his firm don't do MM, and quantum$ is key to lure buyers..., $1m 2bedder unit@$1450psf, should work out to slightly less than 700sft size (689sqft)...
:2cents:

Let's wait n c..

hyenergix
03-10-11, 08:19
Balcony is big and odd shape. Looking at the number of window panes per unit, it is likely to be MM style.

kane
03-10-11, 08:34
If Thomson grand's 2 bedder can see demand at $1.3m, chances are they'll go for the same quantum whilst sacrificing a bit of size just to not have to eat their own words about MM units.

land118
03-10-11, 08:36
Balcony is big and odd shape. Looking at the number of window panes per unit, it is likely to be MM style.

Capitaland definition of MM or shoe box units are those less than 500sft, they have said NO.., but it doesn't stop them from building squeezy 2 bedder at 600+sqft...

http://www.aboutsingaporeproperty.com/no-shoebox-flats-for-capitaland/

At CapitaLand Residential Singapore, chief executive Wong Heang Fine noted that changing market dynamics would inevitably lead to smaller homes, but he stressed that the firm would not build flats under 500 sq ft.

Let's wait n c...:2cents:

kane
03-10-11, 08:56
Perhaps it's time to bring back the condenser mounting bracket to save space on air con ledge.

land118
03-10-11, 09:24
Perhaps it's time to bring back the condenser mounting bracket to save space on air con ledge.Would think ALL buyers would vote yes to this one..., pay same psf for aircon ledge as place u stand on..., kinda of crazy..Developers making $ from this...:doh:

phantom_opera
03-10-11, 10:11
Wouldn't this project compete with D Leedon at about the same psf?

ysyap
03-10-11, 10:16
Wouldn't this project compete with D Leedon at about the same psf?No competition if location is so far apart lah... no worries. :o

devilplate
03-10-11, 10:27
No competition if location is so far apart lah... no worries. :o

wat he trying to say this will make Dleedon a better buy

devilplate
03-10-11, 10:28

similar psf but Dleedon mostly left wif BIG units liao....smaller units mostly taken except those high flr wif substantial jump in psf

kane
03-10-11, 11:32
Would think ALL buyers would vote yes to this one..., pay same psf for aircon ledge as place u stand on..., kinda of crazy..Developers making $ from this...:doh:

Is air con ledge part of the extra allowance that developers get on top of the gfa? Or is it part of the gfa?

land118
03-10-11, 11:46
Is air con ledge part of the extra allowance that developers get on top of the gfa? Or is it part of the gfa?

Read below, you will get a better understanding about this 10% bonus...; in essence, yes -planters, aircon ledge part of 10% bonus but it is selleable area..

http://www.finova.com.sg/news/Detail_news/490.html

SINGAPORE PROPERTY - New Flats Inflated Sizes

By Michael Li | Jun 28, 2011

Even wonder why all new flats in Singapore these days always have huge balconies?

Even flat as small as 1200 SQF has a balcony almost 120 SQF -- ie the built-in area is only 1080 SQF and the net usable are after the private lift lobby, planters space, window bays, and aircon ledge is at most 1000 SQF.

Instead of giving homebuyer a practical utility area and helper's quarter, developers are eager to make your flat green and give you a lot of fresh air. As such, private flat is on average 10% smaller than HDB flats built and sold by government that cost 1/3 to 40% of the price of private flats.

Private flat built 10 years ago on average has 10% more net usable area than new flat. Singapore developers learned all these bad tricks from HK through Sinoland. In the good old days -- before 1997 for sure, aircon ledge and window bays were not counted as built-in area. Private lift lobby was not so popular. There was no such a thing as planters.

The difference is that the balcony space was considered part of the gross floor area allowed by government in the good old days. Because of this rule, most old apartments do not have balcony more than 5% of the total built-in. A 1200 SQF old flat has 50 SQF balcony and 1150 indoor net usable area. Developers have to fork out some 7% of gross floor area to cover lift lobbies and other common areas. A 100k SQF land with a plot ratio of 2 will result in 186k SQF of net sellable/usable area that can be sold to home buyers. In many cases to maximize indoor space, developers chose not to have any balcony at all.

The new rule is very different. The same 100k SQF land with plot ratio of 2 will result in 200k indoor space plus 10%/20k balcony space. Developers will do everything to reduce the areas wasted in common area, so they always give you private lift lobby that is part of the build-in and sellable area. They also force you to pay for planter and window bay space that's not counted as part of the plot ratio by the government, but developers still charge you as part of the usable/sellable area.

Worst is the balcony space. Since government allow additional 10% balcony space free and outside of the permissible plot ratio, developers simply force every home buyer to have balcony space as large as 10% of the build-in and count that 10% balcony as part of sellable area

The result is huge difference. In the good old days, a 1200 SQF flat has a small 50 SFQ balcony, 3 bedrooms and a small helpers' quarter. A new 1200 SQF give will have a 100 SQF balcony, anther 150 SQF wasted in private lift lobby, planters, aircon ledge and window bays, so you would be lucky to get 950 SQF of real floor space. That's why many new flats have no space for helper and utility area anymore. The same 100k SQF land with plot ratio of 2 can give developers net 210k SQF of sellable area compared with 186k SQF in the good old days.

This is why Goat dislikes new flats and prefers to buy old apartments. Since 1996, he only got involved in one new flat. On the basis of PSF net usable/floor space, old flat is at least 10% cheaper PSF than new flats.

A 2200 SQF flat built before 1997 is as big as a new 2500 SQF.

Wild Falcon
03-10-11, 11:52
Different location. Both 99LH but d'Leedon is a 1700 units megacrowded condo. The potential customer base are very different. Bishan probably more convenient when it comes to public transport and amenities. I think Capitaland is prepared to take a bit of time to sell d'Leedon - not much selling point IMHO. Can't really say it's prestigious when it's 1700 units and only 99LH beside HDB flats.

land118
03-10-11, 12:29
Different location. Both 99LH but d'Leedon is a 1700 units megacrowded condo. The potential customer base are very different. Bishan probably more convenient when it comes to public transport and amenities. I think Capitaland is prepared to take a bit of time to sell d'Leedon - not much selling point IMHO. Can't really say it's prestigious when it's 1700 units and only 99LH beside HDB flats. Ya, agree, Bishan crowd is different from Farrer residents.., Bishan more heartland..but Junction 8 mall is really busy all the time, and parking in mall is always very packed, even at the HDB mscp always hard to find parking space...

I suspect even at the rumoured $1450psf, if quantum is $1m for 2bedder, will still be well receive by upgraders..with small family (maybe 1 child) type :scared-4:

land118
03-10-11, 12:36
Just saw this article in Property Guru:

smallest unit mentioned below is 680sqft, so if rumoured @$1450psf, then as I expected they try to price entry level unit at less than $1mil.., to make quantum seem attractive & affordable..:scared-4:
CapitaLand unveils Bishan condo, launch expected by Q1 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/property-management-news/2011/9/31208/capitaland-unveils-bishan-condo-launch-expected-by)

Sep 16, 2011 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

CapitaLand Residential Singapore and Mitsubishi Estate Asia Ltd jointly unveiled their upcoming project at Bishan Central, comprising approximately 500 apartment units across two 38-storey towers.

“The condominium at Bishan Central marks our first collaboration with CapitaLand to jointly develop a residential project in Singapore,” said Keiji Kimura, Chairman of Mitsubishi Estate. “We are confident that this condominium … will be popular with both Singapore and international homebuyers.”

Located on a 11,997 sq m site, the Bishan condo has a gross floor area (GFA) of 58,786 sq m and a leasehold period of 99 years. It is situated minutes away to the Bishan transportation hub consisting of the Bishan bus interchange and Bishan MRT interchange station. It is also close to retail, entertainment and recreational facilities such as Bishan Park and Junction 8 shopping mall.

“I feel that the concept design is actually quite interesting and can look nice in the suburbs too. Based on the planned architecture for the new condominium at Bishan, I feel that this development will be an iconic structure in the area,” said Nicholas Mak, Executive Director at SLP International Property Consultants.

With units ranging from 680 sq ft to 3,000 sq ft in size, buyers can choose from one-bedroom-plus-study, two-bedroom, two-bedroom-plus-study, three-bedroom and four-bedroom units. Residents can also enjoy a full suite of recreational facilities, including a gymnasium, function rooms, karaoke rooms, a tennis court, play areas, barbeque pits, children’s pool, leisure pools and a 50-metre lap pool.

Instead of independent towers, the two towers are linked by three bridging “sky gardens”, offering opportunities for commonly shared garden and leisure spaces. Residents on the upper floors will be able to enjoy breathtaking views of the lush greenery of Bishan Park. Meanwhile, 70 percent of the site will be developed into a series of lush gardens, outdoor event rooms, swimming pools, and walking paths for residents to enjoy their leisure hours.

“I don’t think the developer wants the project to blend in,” commented Colin Tan, Research Head at Chesterton Suntec International. “It’s more like they want the project to stand out.”

“They paid S$100 million more than the next bidder for the land; it was a record price at that time. For them to recover the land costs, they need to price it high. However, if you gave buyers a run-of-the mill project, they are unlikely to pay high prices for them. As such the value-add of having an iconic design is to give buyers value for money. They can then defend their prices by saying that they offer a very different and higher quality product,” he said.

With the design and development works in progress, CapitaLand said the project is expected to be launched for sale in Q1 next year, with the Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) expected to be obtained in 2015.

To contact the journalist, you may send your message to [email protected] ([email protected])

ysyap
03-10-11, 12:42
The trend is there for all to analyze. Usually only projects near MRT can achieve sell out before TOP. Kovan Residence? ATT approaching that? Luxurie struggling? Wonder how this new launch will react? :beats-me-man: Those not near MRT will struggle like crazy. Clover, after TOP, still not fully sold. Thomson G struggling now after the initial hot. :cheers1:

kane
03-10-11, 12:42
The article of selling common spaces reminds me of clover. Heh.

phantom_opera
03-10-11, 13:04
With circle line, heartlanders can also flood Botanic Gardens and Farrer/Holland Road easily ;) MRT to Holland is a double edge sword, no more exclusive. Heart landers as far as Pasir Ris may come (in one of the news about opening ceremony loh)