PDA

View Full Version : Lip Lai all GURUS...what is your 12mths property outlook

radha08
11-08-11, 08:16
Calling ALL GURUS...another round of TCSS....FINANCIAL markets are MELTING...HENG ah me No play share...:)

What will be the IMPACT on our dear property market...our minister already warned us now everything is unfolding before our eyes....:eek:

will our super rich singaporeans/prs/ft..etc etc...be able to maintain the price of housing....:cool:

For sure HDB will HOLD or at very most...drop gradually cos of GOLDEN hand supporting...:D

PC good luck to MM units...and OCR bought at $1000 plus PSF....:scared-4:

EC you guys are not here or not there so HANG on...:)

Landed...enjoy your land...please UTILIZE every corner of your home...land VERY precious...:tongue3:

GCB...Goood luck bros....chill out in your pools...have a magerita or something...:sleep:

...this going to be another interesting thread...LIP LAI:D

radha08
11-08-11, 11:06
wow very serious NO response...all tuned to stock market forum ahhh...:D

Rosy
11-08-11, 11:08
wow very serious NO response...all tuned to stock market forum ahhh...:D

ur title went wrong.

*I am not guru*

radha08
11-08-11, 11:11
ur title went wrong.

*I am not guru*

this forum got so many gurus waiting for them to appear so we can all share our :2cents: ...views...:D

EBD
11-08-11, 11:38
If the stock markets continue to get a drubbing and economy follows - give it 6-12 months to start affecting the property market.

Market will then be defined by weakest holders not strongest sellers.

Then again.... free money for the next 2 years according to Ben so who knows?

buttercarp
11-08-11, 13:27
Now everyone is expecting the worse.
So everyone is very cautious which is good, as accidents are unlikely to happen when everyone is cautious.
The worse is when everyone is caught off guard like the Lehman crisis.

Now investors snapping up Singapore govt bonds, so maybe people will turn to Singapore property too?

terence
11-08-11, 13:34
I got a feeling that the property market will still trend up with the interest rates being kept at a minimal....
Probably huge $$ flowing into our country creating a hyper-inflation of asset...Stay invested cos that's the best way to hedge against inflation.

buttercarp
11-08-11, 13:45
I got a feeling that the property market will still trend up with the interest rates being kept at a minimal....
Probably huge $$ flowing into our country creating a hyper-inflation of asset...Stay invested cos that's the best way to hedge against inflation.

I got the same feeling too.
So if you have cash and a recession proof job, it is not too late to take a plunge and grab that dream home or it will continue to remain a dream.

Jadey
11-08-11, 14:01
So if you have cash and a recession proof job, it is not too late to take a plunge and grab that dream home or it will continue to remain a dream.

I am expecting to see a price correction about 10-15% in 2012, starting with those nearing TOP projects. Interest rate may remain low, but banks may still increase their lending spread to compensate for the risk.

Honestly in Singapore it is hard to find a high paying recession proof job, the higher your salary, the higher is the risk., just like what they say about hire and fire in the banking industry. And unfortunately what we need to drive the Singapore property market is good paying jobs.

radha08
11-08-11, 14:54
hmm no one panicking yet guess time will tell...markets look like they are stabilizing...hopefully no more suprises from us/europe...anyway what can be worse than whats happening...few million RICH people in a small country like singapore...:D ...prices should hold or if not correct 10 to 20%....:spliff: ...dont think i will get chance to buy the bayshore 2 bedder for $600k....:( ...in 2009 i had the chance but waiting for $500k...agent told me wait long long...he was rite...:banghead: ...there is something bout the bayshore that i like...maybe its the variety of birds by the poolside...:D

Jadey
11-08-11, 15:06
hmm no one panicking yet guess time will tell...markets look like they are stabilizing...hopefully no more suprises from us/europe...anyway what can be worse than whats happening...few million RICH people in a small country like singapore...:D ...prices should hold or if not correct 10 to 20%....:spliff: ...dont think i will get chance to buy the bayshore 2 bedder for $600k....:( ...in 2009 i had the chance but waiting for $500k...agent told me wait long long...he was rite...:banghead: ...there is something bout the bayshore that i like...maybe its the variety of birds by the poolside...:D

It is only when the tides goes down, then we will be able to see who is swimming naked.

hopeful
11-08-11, 15:50

what is recession proof job and foreign talent proof job?
be a civil servant? like policeman or army regular?

Regulators
11-08-11, 15:53
i no guru, but i feel blood-letting not over yet. We are only seeing the start of the US crisis but we have not seen full impact of european crisis yet. Those waiting at the sideline, i advise you to hold and wait for prices to correct further. i think interest rates may remain low for the next year or so.

Jadey
11-08-11, 15:57
How come property analysts so quiet these 2 weeks?

x11
11-08-11, 15:57
Recession proof job in Singapore?
its called - MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT

If you flout the rules, police will also keep quiet and close case
(TPL cooling off day episode)

But seriously, I don't think the stock market will have a large impact on the property upswing. Sure, things may slow down but I doubt property will "crash" as some people have indicated. Just ask around - how many people are renting and waiting the property market to drop? So long as this group of people are around, the market will not "crash". A 10% and these people will be there to scoop up. Low interest for the next 2 years, Singapore seen as part of the "safe haven" ... all these will keep property prices up

Unfortunately for people like me ... can only dream of upgrading ... dream and drool.

PS - Will be interesting to see the next COE results and the ones are the "7th" month. COE results is getting to be the immediate proxy for the "economy" in general. Got money, upgrade car. No money, hang on to old car :D

radha08
11-08-11, 16:22
It is only when the tides goes down, then we will be able to see who is swimming naked.

i want to see japanese girl...:D

radha08
11-08-11, 16:23
How come property analysts so quiet these 2 weeks?

because they loosing money in share mkt...:scared-1:

anyway our forum got many many analyst...:D ..all making a lot of noise...:)

Jadey
11-08-11, 16:35
because they loosing money in share mkt...:scared-1:

anyway our forum got many many analyst...:D ..all making a lot of noise...:)

they only know how to peng satay lah

flagship74
11-08-11, 17:24
what is recession proof job and foreign talent proof job?
be a civil servant? like policeman or army regular?

Dr..:rolleyes:

yjcai
11-08-11, 20:20
Start of US crisis
Abnormal low interest rate to boost housing for a super long time.
Property boom another 2 more years at least
How to explain people buy skyline residences 170 units > 1.5k psf like nobody business.
The key is interest rate not stock market laggard this time round for locals and appreciating sgd for foreigners.

buttercarp
11-08-11, 21:01
Start of US crisis
Abnormal low interest rate to boost housing for a super long time.
Property boom another 2 more years at least
How to explain people buy skyline residences 170 units > 1.5k psf like nobody business.
The key is interest rate not stock market laggard this time round for locals and appreciating sgd for foreigners.

You so optimistic!
Then after 2 years, the world economy will improve and the property prices here continue to boom?
Am I day dreaming.......:im-so-happy: :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy:

The world is changing.....different countries helping one another as they are invested in one another.

yjcai
11-08-11, 21:19
Yah lor how.

Anyway just a belief. So many people wan property market to crash, thats why only will correct 10%-20% which is standard answer.

Anyway I believe there is a correlation between population growth and property growth here. Like 96, prices doubled and tripled when population only +- 2million in the same period. This is when new flats are 125k-200k.

However today, prices doubled again since the last recession with a doubling genuine demand population support with foreign investors as bonus. People wondering why HDB spike so much since 2009, thats when population here already hit 4 million while PPI remain stagnant.

If by 2020, prices double from today but local population here still 5 million, it is very easy to guess it is a bubble. So again, to choose where property will go in the long term, people see 700-800k BTO, it must be accompanied with 10 million population at the very least. And actually, it may be possible for Singapore

Jadey
11-08-11, 22:44
Yah lor how.

Anyway just a belief. So many people wan property market to crash, thats why only will correct 10%-20% which is standard answer.

Anyway I believe there is a correlation between population growth and property growth here. Like 96, prices doubled and tripled when population only +- 2million in the same period. This is when new flats are 125k-200k.

However today, prices doubled again since the last recession with a doubling genuine demand population support with foreign investors as bonus. People wondering why HDB spike so much since 2009, thats when population here already hit 4 million while PPI remain stagnant.

If by 2020, prices double from today but local population here still 5 million, it is very easy to guess it is a bubble. So again, to choose where property will go in the long term, people see 700-800k BTO, it must be accompanied with 10 million population at the very least. And actually, it may be possible for Singapore

its important to know that population growth in singapore will not go on forever and perhaps, yes perhaps, the current property price has already priced in population of 6.5m.

10m? who would want to live in a city like singapore with 10m population?

kingkong1984
11-08-11, 22:48
if Singapore 10 million.. be expected to pay more for basic necessities...

all competing.... bird flu... eggs will be golden eggs...

then swine flu... pigs will be golden pigs...

then algae boom... fish, prawns, crabs etc will be golden fish, golden prawns and golden crabs.

then mrt breakdown...

chicken rice at least $10 per plate.

mygeemeel
11-08-11, 23:32
if Singapore 10 million.. be expected to pay more for basic necessities...

all competing.... bird flu... eggs will be golden eggs...

then swine flu... pigs will be golden pigs...

then algae boom... fish, prawns, crabs etc will be golden fish, golden prawns and golden crabs.

then mrt breakdown...

chicken rice at least $10 per plate.

You won't be complaining if your salary becomes S$50k/mth.

Geylang OKT
11-08-11, 23:48
You won't be complaining if your salary becomes S$50k/mth.

Can look at Zimbabwean dollar and Indonesian rupiah for guidance :D

radha08
12-08-11, 00:51
its important to know that population growth in singapore will not go on forever and perhaps, yes perhaps, the current property price has already priced in population of 6.5m.

10m? who would want to live in a city like singapore with 10m population?

what choice do u have...jb...:eek: