PDA

View Full Version : Rental asking

Lovelle
19-08-11, 12:25
Any of your tenant started to ask for discount ?

devilplate
19-08-11, 12:50

ur tenant asking for discount?:eek:

buttercarp
19-08-11, 13:10

Are rentals coming down?
Anyway contract already sign, can ask for discount meh?

limfc
19-08-11, 13:33
of course tenant ask for discount during recent renewal...my reply is to go by market price...
so end up is higher... coz market price really higher... :D

sh
19-08-11, 15:53
That's what I thought. Rental is now higher than 2 years ago right? My existing tenancy is expiring, but I'm not sure how much more to ask for...

Any advise?

taggy
19-08-11, 15:57
That's what I thought. Rental is now higher than 2 years ago right? My existing tenancy is expiring, but I'm not sure how much more to ask for...

Any advise?

can increase based on last quarter URA rental psf for your condo ? ;)

sh
19-08-11, 16:04
can increase based on last quarter URA rental psf for your condo ? ;)

Small development, not in the listed properties. Can use the index though.:D

taggy
19-08-11, 16:06

mine going to due soon also :D

devilplate
19-08-11, 16:14
If u like ur current tenant, jus up abit lor....if not den u noe wat to do la...hehe

radha08
19-08-11, 16:46
mine also coming soon...but i carry a bit just buy NEW sofa for my tenant he happy like f#$%:D :D :D

ysyap
19-08-11, 16:53
If don't like tenants, just up to slightly above market rate and sure he'll leave. If you like the tenants and have no problems, just ask below market rate and may even consider not raising the rate just to keep them in return for peace of mind for next 2 years or so! :D

taggy
19-08-11, 17:00
consider not raising the rate just to keep them in return for peace of mind for next 2 years or so! :D

then i will not be in peace with myself :cheers1:

Yin Yin
19-08-11, 22:07
How to assess whether like or don't like tenant? So far my tenant is not problematic, and he pays rental timely via Giro. But I'm unsure what's happening in the house since I don't visit him. And should I ask if the air con servicing should be done regulary?

buttercarp
19-08-11, 22:17
How to assess whether like or don't like tenant? So far my tenant is not problematic, and he pays rental timely via Giro. But I'm unsure what's happening in the house since I don't visit him. And should I ask if the air con servicing should be done regulary?
Ask him to send you the receipt each time he services the aircon.
The last time my brother rented a flat, it was in the agreement that he service the air cons on a 3month basis and he had to produce the receipts to the landlord.

limfc
19-08-11, 22:45

I visit the tenant regularly, once a month initially and later on, once 2-3 months... so far upkeep is good, place is clean and tidy.. best thing is single and no cooking... :D

of course I look after tenant well also, bought a new fridge along the way, since it broke down and could not find any receipt from previous owner :banghead:

also aircon was not maintained properly and leaking but luckily under warranty and subsequently got tenant to sign package with the air-con agent... hee.... :cool:

ysyap
20-08-11, 06:37
How to assess whether like or don't like tenant? So far my tenant is not problematic, and he pays rental timely via Giro. But I'm unsure what's happening in the house since I don't visit him. And should I ask if the air con servicing should be done regulary?If pay rental on time, its one of the biggest plus to proof that your tenant is ok. Keeping the inside of the house clean and well is the 2nd plus. However, if they still need to stay in that house for another year or more, they should be keeping it well for their own sake too. Its toward the end of tenure that all sorts of pattern emerge. Your tenancy agreement should have included that they pay damages if any so its the air con that will be most problematic later so regular servicing is therefore required. Either they can service by themselves or you get a serviceman up periodically and they pay for it! :D

condoinvestor
20-08-11, 07:06
Rental I am collecting from my tenant has DROPPED TO ZERO......that is because he bought over the unit...

ysyap
20-08-11, 07:12
Rental I am collecting from my tenant has DROPPED TO ZERO......that is because he bought over the unit...Congrats! :cheers1:

Komo
20-08-11, 07:39
Rental I am collecting from my tenant has DROPPED TO ZERO......that is because he bought over the unit...
Then rent out higher:D :D

limfc
20-08-11, 13:53

Congrats! hope you fetched a price you're happy with and that you already have a plan with the ca$h.... :)

Yin Yin
20-08-11, 15:40
Ok so I shall ask for servicing report. :)

zzz1
20-08-11, 17:18
My current tenant niao on me and on maintenance , aruge that heater spoil insisted that it was in ceiling so they are unable to check , ceiling fan remote spoil insisted existing already faulty when take over . luckily it was one year contract .

End of the contract and upon renew , I just increase substantial amount for them to decline renewal . Funny thing they still wanted to renew for two more years 。

zzz1
20-08-11, 17:30
In one of my unit the tenant informed my agent that there water ingress via the windows.

As the unit is still under liability period for external water proofing , I arranged the m.c, developer and take the oppportunity to go inspect the unit in the context of this . during inspection with them, take the chance to observe the unit . Btw no need to tell them you are the owner amount the ppl. From there you can tell the state of your unit.

Also air con supposed to be maintained regularly . If end of the if they can not produced the full yearly report , then during the hand over, ask the air con contractor to do full complete service ( full acid wash indoor and out door)and deduct accordingly . Also check for leak due to non maintenance .

mm63
20-08-11, 21:41
I believe ASKING rentals have been increasing all over Singapore. For example, HDB flats in popular estates are asking $2.5K-$3K+. Whether tenants are accepting these increases remains to be seen.

For all the talk of increased foreign talent inflow, expat packages/allowances are a thing of the past for most "expats" here so I believe they would have budget constraints.

If you look at Bukit Timah area near King Albert/Sixth Avenue, you have many units up (Cascadia etc and soon Floridian/Jardin) for rental that are fighting for a limited pool of tenants. MRT construction (aka Maplewoods saga) is also affecting the rental situation there. So location and supply are also important factors in rental determination

ysyap
20-08-11, 23:19
My current tenant niao on me and on maintenance , aruge that heater spoil insisted that it was in ceiling so they are unable to check , ceiling fan remote spoil insisted existing already faulty when take over . luckily it was one year contract .

End of the contract and upon renew , I just increase substantial amount for them to decline renewal . Funny thing they still wanted to renew for two more years 。Really weird, isn't it? Same thing happened to me. I raised my rent by more than $300 and the tenant, after arguing a bit, still accepted! :doh: Think the hassle of shifting is a huge deterrent. Just pay a bit more and anyway its nearly the same price elsewhere so it just doesn't make sense to shift! :o

limfc
21-08-11, 00:03
Really weird, isn't it? Same thing happened to me. I raised my rent by more than $300 and the tenant, after arguing a bit, still accepted! :doh: Think the hassle of shifting is a huge deterrent. Just pay a bit more and anyway its nearly the same price elsewhere so it just doesn't make sense to shift! :o
important point is that it's same price or even higher elsewhere, also there is relocation costs (time + $$$) involved...

also let me quote from a wise man... "... a known devil is better than an unknown angel..." :D

Geylang OKT
21-08-11, 08:09
I believe ASKING rentals have been increasing all over Singapore. For example, HDB flats in popular estates are asking $2.5K-$3K+. Whether tenants are accepting these increases remains to be seen.

For all the talk of increased foreign talent inflow, expat packages/allowances are a thing of the past for most "expats" here so I believe they would have budget constraints.

If you look at Bukit Timah area near King Albert/Sixth Avenue, you have many units up (Cascadia etc and soon Floridian/Jardin) for rental that are fighting for a limited pool of tenants. MRT construction (aka Maplewoods saga) is also affecting the rental situation there. So location and supply are also important factors in rental determination

There are now FT related restrictions pertaining to stricter requirements for S passes and Employment Passes announced during the ND Reception wef 10 August 2011. :)

DC33_2008
03-09-11, 17:54
Agent of tenant not going to involved in renewal process. Can I use the existing agreement? How and where to get the stamp fee document done up? Surprising, tenant willing to continue even with rental up 20%.:)

Douk
03-09-11, 18:43
Agent of tenant not going to involved in renewal process. Can I use the existing agreement? How and where to get the stamp fee document done up? Surprising, tenant willing to continue even with rental up 20%.:)

Print and sign a new copy of tenancy agreement. Bring to iras for stamp fee. The counter should be able to guide u on which form to fill. Very simple process.

DC33_2008
03-09-11, 18:45
Thanks for your advice:)
Print and sign a new copy of tenancy agreement. Bring to iras for stamp fee. The counter should be able to guide u on which form to fill. Very simple process.

Rosy
04-09-11, 01:37
Can be done via online

Lovelle
04-09-11, 07:38
My current tenant is nice but prev i rent it to him at 3800 but rite now mkt is 4800. Dunno how to keep him

ysyap
04-09-11, 07:50
My current tenant is nice but prev i rent it to him at 3800 but rite now mkt is 4800. Dunno how to keep himIf he's really so nice and you don't want to go through the hassle of finding another tenant and risk losing a nice tenant, then just raise by a bit, say $4.3k and hopefully he'll accept! :cheers1: If you don't mind, can even don't raise! :o

DC33_2008
04-09-11, 09:34
My current tenant is nice but prev i rent it to him at 3800 but rite now mkt is 4800. Dunno how to keep him
U can hve prevailing mkt rate less agent fee since up do not hve agent.

Lovelle
04-09-11, 15:27
If he opt for 2 yrs renewal maybe 4300 . 1 yr 4500?

DC33_2008
04-09-11, 15:41
If he opt for 2 yrs renewal maybe 4300 . 1 yr 4500?
It sounds reasonable. My tenant is alone in a two bedders condo, hardly cook& always pay on time via giro. He is accepting prevailing mkt rate. He got a part-time domestic helper clean the place once a wk.

cheerful
04-09-11, 16:04
What are the options I have if I don't like my tenant? Any advice?

Lovelle
04-09-11, 16:17
It sounds reasonable. My tenant is alone in a two bedders condo, hardly cook& always pay on time via giro. He is accepting prevailing mkt rate. He got a part-time domestic helper clean the place once a wk.

prev, i have a pinoy tenant who also has a maid to take care the place. but then after 6 mths , he turn my place into his warehouse where he collect his rubbish which he ships back to his manila hometown. avoid pinoy tenant....look good but behind do all kinda of thing

DC33_2008
04-09-11, 16:23
prev, i have a pinoy tenant who also has a maid to take care the place. but then after 6 mths , he turn my place into his warehouse where he collect his rubbish which he ships back to his manila hometown. avoid pinoy tenant....look good but behind do all kinda of thing
My tenant is a french banker.

ysyap
04-09-11, 21:35
My tenant is a french banker.If he leaves, he'll still have to pay market rate at other places. Keep him to aviod more hassle and inconvenience to you. Just don't raise the rental too high and he'll most likely stay, unless he can find a decent location at some dirt cheap price. Unlikely lah! :o

chiaberry
05-09-11, 07:21
My tenant also accepting 1K increase in rental for 1 year extension. It's about 300 to 500 below market rate but it's a company lease paid directly by the company so I am happy with this arrangement.

hyenergix
05-09-11, 07:33
My tenant also accepting 1K increase in rental for 1 year extension. It's about 300 to 500 below market rate but it's a company lease paid directly by the company so I am happy with this arrangement.

It seems that condo rentals are still increasing despite the recent reports:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2011/8/31042/high-end-rentals-set-to-drop-further

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2011/8/31051/singapore-luxury-home-prices-drop-1-7-in-q2

DC33_2008
05-09-11, 08:33
He has been in Singapore for a while and recently bought a place that is tenanted out for two years. He has probably seen the amount of money people made from property investment. I am glad to renew with him as he is happy to give an increase of 20% rental.
If he leaves, he'll still have to pay market rate at other places. Keep him to aviod more hassle and inconvenience to you. Just don't raise the rental too high and he'll most likely stay, unless he can find a decent location at some dirt cheap price. Unlikely lah! :o

devilplate
05-09-11, 08:51
It seems that condo rentals are still increasing despite the recent reports:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2011/8/31042/high-end-rentals-set-to-drop-further

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2011/8/31051/singapore-luxury-home-prices-drop-1-7-in-q2

ppl here r toking about revising their rental upwards from 1-2yrs ago lah

rental for last qtr definitely stagnanted

DC33_2008
29-09-11, 09:51
What can landlord do after this?

Landlord locks tenants in Orchard Rd apartment over rental dispute

http://www.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/news/09Sep11/images/20110928.162403_lockgatev7.jpg

http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/story/subtitle_bg_line.gif
http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/story/subtitle_arrow.gif
http://w.sharethis.com/images/check-small.pngstLight.options({publisher:'62399dc9-866f-47bd-8f12-f8f9ad43dbc8'});

15Share (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.asiaone.com%2FNews%2FAsiaOne%252BNews%2FSingapore%2FStory%2FA1Story20110928-302036.html&t=Landlord%20locks%20tenants%20in%20Orchard%20Rd%20apartment%20over%20rental%20dispute&src=sp)

AsiaOne
Wednesday, Sep 28, 2011
SINGAPORE - Tenants in an Orchard Road apartment found themselves locked in on the morning of Sept 26, when they tried to leave for work.
A bicycle lock had been secured around the gate, leaving them trapped at home.
According to a reader, Ong, who wrote in to citizen journalism site, Stomp, the situation arose from a dispute between the tenants and landlord.
The tenants had refused to pay rent as the landlord did not want to repair the defects that were found in the house.
The dispute has been ongoing for two months and the tenants owed two months' in rent. Ong's friend is one of the tenants.
According to Ong, the landlord had gone to the apartment on Sunday night at around 11pm and rang the doorbell.
But the tenants did not open the door for him as he seemed angry.
"The next morning, around 8am, they found their gate locked with a bicycle chain and a large padlock," said Ong.
The tenants called the police and the landlord eventually admitted that he did it. They were freed at about 11am the same morning.
"Can a landlord lock a tenant in the house? What rights do the tenants have in such a situation?" asked Ong.

smallant
29-09-11, 10:13
Call our renowed Police... :)

DC33_2008
29-09-11, 10:14
Police cannot do much as it is a civil case.
Call our renowed Police... :)

hyenergix
29-09-11, 10:58
I expect these issues to exacerbate next year onwards, when landlord fights over tenants.

ysyap
29-09-11, 12:11
landlord locking the tenants in the house is like the employers locking the FW in the dormitories during CNY. :doh:So the landlord thinks he can get something out of this lock up. It merely complicates things further. It becomes a legal case where both parties are wrong... silly landlord... :confused:

ysyap
29-09-11, 12:14
Police cannot do much as it is a civil case.It becomes a police case if someone gets hurt or killed as a result of the lock up. :tsk-tsk:

august
29-09-11, 12:32
by right the landlord cannot lock the unit with tenants inside. The landlord's agent should have advised the landlord on such disputes and taken action much earlier and not drag until 2 months of rent in arrear. the tenant probably has a 2-yr tenancy contract and therefore 2 mth rental deposit.

DC33_2008
29-09-11, 12:47
After applying the terms in the agreements and exhausted all other means, and tenants still refuse to pay the outstanding rent. The last resor is to get a lock smith to change the lock when no one is around. :)
It becomes a police case if someone gets hurt or killed as a result of the lock up. :tsk-tsk:

devilplate
29-09-11, 13:50
landlord locking the tenants in the house is like the employers locking the FW in the dormitories during CNY. :doh:So the landlord thinks he can get something out of this lock up. It merely complicates things further. It becomes a legal case where both parties are wrong... silly landlord... :confused:
Can only lock up when nobody in the hse...

I aso heard tenants themselves put xtra locks....haha:hell-hath-no-fury:

Jonathan0503
29-09-11, 13:52
After applying the terms in the agreements and exhausted all other means, and tenants still refuse to pay the outstanding rent. The last resor is to get a lock smith to change the lock when no one is around. :)

Yes, provided he can prove that nobody is in the apt. Otherwise it may become a criminal offence of unlawful 'imprisonment' of another person?

devilplate
29-09-11, 13:57
Yes, provided he can prove that nobody is in the apt. Otherwise it may become a criminal offence of unlawful 'imprisonment' of another person?
Aiyo bro, u got the keys wat....enter n make sure nobody inside den u lock up la....before doing tat make sure u oredi done the letter of notice for repossesion....get urself covered first la:D

Sad to say i kena once....experienced liao....hahaha

DC33_2008
29-09-11, 14:25
I usually get to know the security guards pretty well as they are our third eye.

ysyap
29-09-11, 14:34
Aiyo bro, u got the keys wat....enter n make sure nobody inside den u lock up la....before doing tat make sure u oredi done the letter of notice for repossesion....get urself covered first la:D

Sad to say i kena once....experienced liao....hahahaKana as landlord or kana as tenant? :scared-3: Landlord I suppose.

buttercarp
29-09-11, 17:01
It becomes a police case if someone gets hurt or killed as a result of the lock up. :tsk-tsk:

Get someone to faint or get chest pain as a result of the lock up, then call ambulance.

ysyap
29-09-11, 18:12
Get someone to faint or get chest pain as a result of the lock up, then call ambulance.Then reach hospital doc check check then say you 'keng' lah... very 'malu' one... LOL! :ashamed1:

buttercarp
29-09-11, 18:18
Then reach hospital doc check check then say you 'keng' lah... very 'malu' one... LOL! :ashamed1:

Faint as a result of hysteria or hyperventilation, doctor cannot say you "keng". Chest pain also need further investigation....doctor cannot anyhow say "keng".
Sekali check really got something wrong, then the landlord would be in trouble.

ysyap
29-09-11, 18:28
Faint as a result of hysteria or hyperventilation, doctor cannot say you "keng". Chest pain also need further investigation....doctor cannot anyhow say "keng".
Sekali check really got something wrong, then the landlord would be in trouble.LOL! ok...

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 17:09
Would not like to have such neighbours. I will be worried for Mr Chen. Sounds like a foreigner.

S'pore homes open up to short-term rentals

By Debbie Yong

A NUMBER of homeowners here are opening up their homes - for a small fee - to strangers on a daily basis. Though the idea is not new in the US and Europe, the short-term home rental trend has taken root so quickly in Asia that several major short-term room rental websites have set up outposts in Singapore in an effort to venture East.
Says Chen Ji Chang, 43, who rents out a room in his condominium penthouse in Choa Chu Kang for US$120 a day through 9flats: 'It's a form of extra income for us but we're not treating this as a business. I have a three-year-old daughter who stays at home with our helper all day and it would be nice to have someone else at home for her to socialise with.

howgozit
02-10-11, 17:20
Would not like to have such neighbours. I will be worried for Mr Chen. Sounds like a foreigner.

S'pore homes open up to short-term rentals

By Debbie Yong

A NUMBER of homeowners here are opening up their homes - for a small fee - to strangers on a daily basis. Though the idea is not new in the US and Europe, the short-term home rental trend has taken root so quickly in Asia that several major short-term room rental websites have set up outposts in Singapore in an effort to venture East.
Says Chen Ji Chang, 43, who rents out a room in his condominium penthouse in Choa Chu Kang for US$120 a day through 9flats: 'It's a form of extra income for us but we're not treating this as a business. I have a three-year-old daughter who stays at home with our helper all day and it would be nice to have someone else at home for her to socialise with.

How can somebody trust a total stranger to be alone in the house with their daughter and maid? To socialise???... siao ah!!!

No money don't buy penthouse lah... stay within your means Mr Chen.

Btw, are there any condo by-laws on this? I suppose the tenant would be accessing the common facilities, are there any violations?

buttercarp
02-10-11, 17:29
How can somebody trust a total stranger to be alone in the house with their daughter and maid? To socialise???... siao ah!!!

Btw, are there any condo by-laws on this? I suppose the tenant would be accessing the common facilities, are there any violations?

Ya, I am so shocked too!
If he can afford a penthouse, why would he want to rent out his room for a small fee and subject his household to intrusion by strangers especially if he has a 3 year old girl and a maid. He can send his girl to a play group to socialize. Why would he want her to socialize with strangers who are most likely adults?
Can't understand his mentality!

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 17:32
Not bad if they rent a place and let out the room just one or two nights in a month. Can pay for half the monthly rent. Hotelier may not be happy.

Prices for a room in Singapore on such sites run the gamut from US$15 per night for a shared room in an HDB flat to US$800 per night for exclusive use of an entire 2,250 square foot penthouse condominium in Newton. Most sites take a cut - typically 12-15 per cent - of the room's daily fee

howgozit
02-10-11, 17:47
Not bad if they rent a place and let out the room just one or two nights in a month. Can pay for half the monthly rent. Hotelier may not be happy.

Prices for a room in Singapore on such sites run the gamut from US$15 per night for a shared room in an HDB flat to US$800 per night for exclusive use of an entire 2,250 square foot penthouse condominium in Newton. Most sites take a cut - typically 12-15 per cent - of the room's daily fee

Without a doubt, for making money this is a worthwhile venture. But as a lifestyle option, to me it totally sucks especially if you have young children at home. He should have stopped at his reason that he wanted the extra income. Saying that it is for the child "to socialise" seems a bit lame.

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 17:49
Interesting short stay rental.

Master Room at Melville Park Condo
Apartment
Singapore, Singapore
from $67.52 /night

BBQ! WIFI! Pool! Room in Boon Keng
Apartment
Singapore, Singapore
from $60.76 /night

We are Taiwanese warm family,myself is an ex-school Chinese teacher.
We love to meet friends from all of the world.
We hope to give you a warm home feeling here.
My house is a Garden house( swimming pool ) and located in TANAH MERAH.
It takes only 3 minutes walk to bus stop and 10 mintues walks to TANAH MERAH MRT station.
The common/master room are fully furnished that included air-condition,wireless internet access and bathroom.
wardrobe,mirror,desk,chair,fan,bookshelf......
is available from 25th July.
We also provide daily room keeping.
We keep Labrador dogs outside the garden.

buttercarp
02-10-11, 17:54
Interesting short stay rental.

Master Room at Melville Park Condo
Apartment
Singapore, Singapore
from $67.52 /night

BBQ! WIFI! Pool! Room in Boon Keng
Apartment
Singapore, Singapore
from $60.76 /night

We are Taiwanese warm family,myself is an ex-school Chinese teacher.
We love to meet friends from all of the world.
We hope to give you a warm home feeling here.
My house is a Garden house( swimming pool ) and located in TANAH MERAH.
It takes only 3 minutes walk to bus stop and 10 mintues walks to TANAH MERAH MRT station.
The common/master room are fully furnished that included air-condition,wireless internet access and bathroom.
wardrobe,mirror,desk,chair,fan,bookshelf......
is available from 25th July.
We also provide daily room keeping.
We keep Labrador dogs outside the garden.

This one sounds like a retiree family.
Good way for retiree to generate income.
Anyway the tourist would only stay at night, so in the day, it is as good as not having anyone around. But in a house with maid and young kids, I think this idea is a no no:tsk-tsk:

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 18:04
It is like Bed and Breakfast. IRAS will be tracking the site, "9flats.com". It is like running a business without paying income tax.
This one sounds like a retiree family.
Good way for retiree to generate income.
Anyway the tourist would only stay at night, so in the day, it is as good as not having anyone around. But in a house with maid and young kids, I think this idea is a no no:tsk-tsk:

hopeful
02-10-11, 21:48
A lot of Indonesians staying in People Park Centre on daily basis.

land118
02-10-11, 21:54
A lot of Indonesians staying in People Park Centre on daily basis.
Think even more PRCs there....

radha08
03-10-11, 00:05
http://www.9flats.com/:cool:

Laguna
08-10-11, 07:43
have a friend looking for a rental place, and the rental supply in market is very very very tight

A lot of listings are taken up within 4 days at very high price.
eg The Seaview, 1216 sq ft is now done at >$5,000. And I looked at the classified today, there are only two units for rental in The Seaview. Same situation for One Amber and Esta as well....

hyenergix
08-10-11, 07:52
have a friend looking for a rental place, and the rental supply in market is very very very tight

eg The Seaview, 1216 sq ft is now done at >$5,000. And I looked at the classified today, there are only two units for rental in The Seaview. Same situation for One Amber and Esta as well....

Do you know the profile of these tenants? Perhaps the tightened immigration policies favor some categories of tenants, resulting in larger proportion of them. When they are here, they favor certain districts.

ysyap
08-10-11, 09:28
I suspect there are some districts already starting to show weakening rental while other districts are still pushing upward. Hmmm... it's coming...:scared-3:

ecimbew
08-10-11, 09:34
I suspect there are some districts already starting to show weakening rental while other districts are still pushing upward. Hmmm... it's coming...:scared-3:

That is because MOMmy is not renewing certain groups of work permits.

thomastansb
08-10-11, 10:42
Also partly due to HDB whacking on illegal renting.

DC33_2008
08-10-11, 13:51
I thought unit of 1200sqft should be getting more than $5000 here. This is considered high. What is the norm?

mm63
10-10-11, 11:59
Agree....depends on location/district.....just look at Cascadia.

DC33_2008
30-10-11, 22:06
Glad to know that the URA rental data for Q3 which was released on last friday has gone up for my condo. Tenant has just agreed to renew the lease agreement with an increase of rental of more than 20%. Good to have tenant who does not cook, have part-time maid to clean the house every weekend and pay rent on time via giro every month. ;)
He has been in Singapore for a while and recently bought a place that is tenanted out for two years. He has probably seen the amount of money people made from property investment. I am glad to renew with him as he is happy to give an increase of 20% rental.

Laguna
30-10-11, 22:12
Glad to know that the URA rental data for Q3 which was released on last friday has gone up for my condo. Tenant has just agreed to renew the lease agreement with an increase of rental of more than 20%. Good to have tenant who does not cook, have part-time maid to clean the house every weekend and pay rent on time via giro every month. ;)

The rental market is very tight
u can check last Sat classified, not many properties on rental.
Checked with a few agents, the rental properties moved very fast

devilplate
30-10-11, 22:15
Those above 6k rental rent out easily too?

I noticed bigger units take quite a while to get rented out....

DC33_2008
30-10-11, 22:18
Bought over this unit with tenancy during Lethman Bros crisis. Tenant said his rental agent does not want to involve in the renewal. Save some $ on agent's commission. Just hope this situation will persist for the next 6 months as got other renewals.

DC33_2008
30-10-11, 22:20
$5k is an amount most people are more comfortable with especially if there is only one person tenant.
Those above 6k rental rent out easily too?

I noticed bigger units take quite a while to get rented out....

devilplate
30-10-11, 22:21
$5k is an amount most people are more comfortable with especially if there is only one person tenant.
I believe so...

Rite now 4k for 1bdr and 5k 2bdr still can move pretty fast;)

DC33_2008
30-10-11, 22:26
Think so. Too big can be a problem. To sell can also be a problem as the quantum will be a couple of millions.
I believe so...

kane
31-10-11, 00:51
I believe so...

which area?

dtrax
31-10-11, 01:26
CCR lor... anything with $6-7psf++ can easily achieve, go ura download rental report