PDA

View Full Version : Buying resale time completion?

Montaigne
22-08-11, 07:43
If we buy resale condo, once we sign the agreement letter, when can we complete the sales and move in? Approximately how long? I am not sure of the flow, I suppose it is different from hdb cos no need first appt or 2nd appt??? Pls advice, thks!

condoinvestor
22-08-11, 08:25
Usually 2 weeks + 10 weeks, so total of 12 weeks from the day you sign the option and put the 1 % down.

Montaigne
22-08-11, 08:35
Thank you!

kingkong1984
22-08-11, 13:53
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/question/93/how-do-i-buy-a-resale-condo-

Some ask for

6 weeks completion
8 weeks completion
10 weeks completion
12 weeks completion

I guess it is negotiable. Anyone with 6 months completion? hahahaha

ysyap
22-08-11, 14:35
6 weeks highly unlikely. The lawyer's paper work may not be completed! Well, as mentioned, it is negotiable so it really depends case by case. Some even requested 14 weeks! :cheers1:

sufri
23-08-11, 12:39
I got mind for 6 weeks but provided lawyer and banker are willing to expediate.

ysyap
23-08-11, 16:42
I got mind for 6 weeks but provided lawyer and banker are willing to expediate.All the best, talk to your lawyer first. He may frown at you and then say please get someone else! LOL! No harm trying! All my previous lawyers I've worked with usually require at least 8 weeks although I had experience with one lawyer whom I suspect can do the job in 6 weeks. Such lawywers usually belong to the bigger law firms which are so so familiar with the paper work may do it within 6 weeks provided no hiccups from other party or other party's lawyer! Then again such law firms will have no personal touch. Just come sign and go with no interest for you as a client! I personally don't like such service! :D

zzz1
24-08-11, 08:09
All the best, talk to your lawyer first. He may frown at you and then say please get someone else! LOL! No harm trying! All my previous lawyers I've worked with usually require at least 8 weeks although I had experience with one lawyer whom I suspect can do the job in 6 weeks. Such lawywers usually belong to the bigger law firms which are so so familiar with the paper work may do it within 6 weeks provided no hiccups from other party or other party's lawyer! Then again such law firms will have no personal touch. Just come sign and go with no interest for you as a client! I personally don't like such service! :D

Most lawyers just wanted to get t business done, and time essentially importance t them. Nn personal touch is expected and d expectation is mutual for both .