PDA

View Full Version : $500 million for North

solsys
22-08-11, 16:08
Ever since election mention $500 million for the North during election, all has gone quiet......

KBW very busy is it? Neglect his ward.:confused:

GE: Khaw Boon Wan launches S$500m renewal plan for Sembawang GRC
By Satish Cheney | Posted: 23 April 2011 1334 hrs
Photos *of

Special Report

• Vote 2011
SINGAPORE: Health Minister and Advisor to Sembawang GRC Grassroots Organisations Khaw Boon Wan launched the five-year renewal plan for Sembawang GRC on Saturday morning.

The renewal plan is set to cost about S$500 million and 5,500 new housing units will also be built.

There will also be various upgrading programmes for selected areas which will include more cycling paths, childcare centres and nursing homes.

During the launch, Mr Khaw also responded to complaints by the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) that he is "mixing religion with politics."

On April 21, Mr Khaw had referred to his religion when commenting on SDP's remark about aged parents and Johor Bahru nursing homes.

He has also said "In my same religious belief, if you lie, that is also one the tragic sins. The outcome is also down to hell, so don't do that."

Mr Khaw said the SDP was twisting his words for political gain.

He said: "I am a Buddhist. I think everyone knows that. What's wrong with that? I'm not saying, Singaporeans please all join and become Buddhists. I think that will be wrong. Or Singaporeans all become Christians. I think that will be wrong. But I'm just stating I am a Buddhist. What's wrong with that?

"Are they shy to talk about their own religion? I am not one who will promote people to dump their parents. I am a brave man but I am not a reckless man so when I talk about my religion I am saying that hey in my religion that is a very serious sin."

The political dance is in full swing at Sembawang GRC with the Singapore Democratic Party expected to contest the PAP.

But Mr Khaw does not appear to be fazed by SDP's new candidates."

"We welcome anybody to come. As I said, voters want a chance to vote. That is natural. And this time around, it looks like every seat will be contested which I think is a good development. But when I spoke to my residents here, because we had a contest last time, those who have voted before, rather have a holiday.

"But of course about one quarter of the voters have never voted so I can understand the urge to vote. I think that's a good thing. SDP has come here before so they want to come again. They are most welcome."

On former civil servant and aide to then Deputy Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong, Mr Tan Jee Say joining the SDP, Mr Khaw had this to say.

"We were former civil servants - he was my junior when we were in the civil service together that time but we never overlap. He was in MTI and I was in MOH. So I do not know him. As a rule, I don't want to comment on people unless I really know them and fair to talk about them."

Mr Khaw added he was not surprised about the educational qualifications of both the PAP and opposition candidates this time round.

That is because the overall general education of Singaporeans has increased over the years.

- CNA/fa

ysyap
22-08-11, 16:10
He has indeed been very busy solving the problems left behind by MBT... and I guess he's doing a decent job thus far! :spliff:

Komo
22-08-11, 16:31
yes too many problems passed down.
then, there is also a lot of money to spend:D :D

hyenergix
22-08-11, 16:41
He has indeed been very busy solving the problems left behind by MBT... and I guess he's doing a decent job thus far! :spliff:

With million dollar salary, I think he should do better.

A faster way (but not necessary the best) to resolve the CURRENT HDB property crunch is to make it difficult for the higher income group to buy HDB, then create a temporary scheme to subsidize them to get the ECs or pte condos, subject to certain conditions. Anyway the government has made a lot of $ from land sales and the subsidies can be taken back slowly via property taxes. This will also clear up the unsold stocks of pte condos and free up the HDB for the lower income group.

solsys
22-08-11, 19:12
I wonder what are the exact plans for Sembawang..... so quiet just like Sembawang park....

linchong84
22-08-11, 19:20
no need to scared.. You see what MBT has done for tamp.. with the mnd minister as the mp there, sembawang sure huat..

yaozong7
23-08-11, 00:15
I wonder what are the exact plans for Sembawang..... so quiet just like Sembawang park....

Is like that one lah........If you want action, you need to write an email to the MP, requesting for an update on electoral promises.

I wrote an email to my MP (email addresses can be obtained on the govt website), and a flyer updating the residents on the electorial promises was despatched in 2 weeks......:D

solsys
23-08-11, 12:39
Good idea.:)

solsys
28-08-11, 00:27
Excerpt from KBW's representative reply to the $500 million for Sembawang GRC replied recently.......

The bulk of $500 million consists of the various upgrading programmes such as the Home Improvement Programme (HIP), Neighbourhood Renewal Programme (NRP) and Lift Upgrading Programme (LUP), for the public housing in our town. *

Our Town Renewal Plan also includes the upgrading of Sembawang Park, Schools, new Mosque and Police Station. In addition, there will be more public and private housing units to be built in our town. Marsiling Heights, Woodlands Dew and Montreal Dale are just some of the new developments in Sembawang GRC.

We will progressively inform residents through our quarterly newsletter – Hearttalk. Meanwhile, we have featured an article on the upgrading of Sembawang Park (Page 16-17) in our latest issue of Hearttalk.

kingkong1984
04-09-11, 18:11
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1123968/1/.html

One is for Sembawang and the other for Nee Soon GRC

its 600 million and 10 thousand units...

very very scary..

it should be 1100 million for Sembawang and Nee Soon. 15 thousand new housing coming onboard.

mantrix
04-09-11, 18:19
Hmm with Yishun hub up those HDBs nearby super huat...
For condos, they will need to be near to the MRT (none currently) else near to adjacent MRTs (Sembawang, Khatib)

Guess finally Sunplaza units will start to move faster :D

solsys
08-09-11, 12:18
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1123968/1/.html

One is for Sembawang and the other for Nee Soon GRC

its 600 million and 10 thousand units...

very very scary..

it should be 1100 million for Sembawang and Nee Soon. 15 thousand new housing coming onboard.

Population needed to make the upcoming NSE and Thomson Line viable....

Just watch the ramp-up in units in Punggol and Sengkang...... the next thing is 'ka-ching!', cash registers ringing with the ERP gantries in KPE all turned on for our beloved LTA.

P.S: Just clocked S$2.00 + S$4.00 + $2.50 for ERP this morning using CTE...... Ouch.

devilplate
08-09-11, 12:25
P.S: Just clocked S$2.00 + S$4.00 + $2.50 for ERP this morning using CTE...... Ouch.

not high enuff!! doubled it and some may decide to let go their car instead:cheers6:

u noe we r kena robbed by ERP rite? last time dun hf ERP and traffic jams, now got ERP but STILL AS JAMMED

DC33_2008
08-09-11, 12:59
I will certainly come. Do not ERP anymore as they are using GPS to replace the existing system. So better to stay as close to your workplace.
Population needed to make the upcoming NSE and Thomson Line viable....

Just watch the ramp-up in units in Punggol and Sengkang...... the next thing is 'ka-ching!', cash registers ringing with the ERP gantries in KPE all turned on for our beloved LTA.