PDA

View Full Version : Palm Garden

Boon
23-04-07, 14:46
Hi just getting some views on Palm Garden.
I am interested to get a unit there although at this pt looks a little pricey as owners asking for $480-500k for 3+1 whereby just last month or two, prices were going below $450k (even in March caveat shows one such unit going at $390k). Seems sellers are also caught up in "property hype" being experienced in amrket thesedays.... Anyway, any views on the development? I know those facing temple, HDB and LRT are not too desirable. Premium ones are those facing pool and have view of Bukit Gombak in distance.
Also let me know if you come across any 3+1 units selling $450K and below, which i believe is a resonable price to consider (depending on orientation)
Thanks in advance.

Madeira
23-04-07, 16:05
Hi just getting some views on Palm Garden.
I am interested to get a unit there although at this pt looks a little pricey as owners asking for $480-500k for 3+1 whereby just last month or two, prices were going below $450k (even in March caveat shows one such unit going at $390k). Seems sellers are also caught up in "property hype" being experienced in amrket thesedays.... Anyway, any views on the development? I know those facing temple, HDB and LRT are not too desirable. Premium ones are those facing pool and have view of Bukit Gombak in distance.
Also let me know if you come across any 3+1 units selling $450K and below, which i believe is a resonable price to consider (depending on orientation)
Thanks in advance.

I think at $480K or so it is still cheap compared to other developments. PSF shd be less than $400, right. It is reasonable for the properties to have recovered 5% from their all time low, since prime area properties have gone up more than 100% from the 1997 lows. Buying at this level, u shd be quite safe.

Boon
23-04-07, 16:37
Thanks for the reply. I guess its just me - with none of the units going above $455k for past few months for that size and for that matter in March, I just cannot see why it should be $30k higher a month later in April. I am willing to be the first one to pay above what has been transacted in recent months because I acknowledge market has picked up somewhat...but only $10-15k more not >$30k as in many cases now. Just have to be patient and wait for a seller who sees things my way...(might be a looong wait but what to do!) cheers

Unregistered
23-04-07, 17:01
regarding caveats. the one listed in mar is most probably transacted in jan. it takes quite some time (maybe around 2 months) for caveat to show up.

anyways, pls don't treat this as a rushing you to buy post. buy only when you really feel good about what you see and if you like the place.

Madeira
23-04-07, 17:52
My sensing is that the suburban properties have recovered between 10 to 20% since Jan 07. Some of the development that are near to MRT, the prices have actually gone up by about 25%.

Unregistered
26-04-07, 05:02
Is Palm Garden the one at Chua Choa Kang's Hong San Walk? Heard they got bowling alley?

Boon
26-04-07, 20:54
yeah. keppel. like mayfair in jurong - pte lift and bowling alley - touted selling points but really depends..but some can argue not everybody bowls and pte lifts are anti-social in nature!
i think prices in palm garden suffered after condos sprouted out next to MRTs - warren northvale madiera etc... - PG is only next to LRT and generally lacks amenities that the abovementioned have.

Boon
09-07-07, 20:58
Just an update...latest caveats show a few units going at $480-490k. Up 20% in a few months.

Madeira
09-07-07, 22:13
Just an update...latest caveats show a few units going at $480-490k. Up 20% in a few months.

Did u manage to secure a unit there a few months back? I remember u mentioned that u r looking at Palm Garden.

Unregistered
10-07-07, 10:04
Did u manage to secure a unit there a few months back? I remember u mentioned that u r looking at Palm Garden.

In the end I got one in Guilin View...i saw a few units at PG...not bad & even made an offer for one but was "out offered" $10k by someone else...but was a blessing in disguise cause later i saw a unit in GV i liked it very much. It was reasonably priced at $550k for a 1280sqf.

My "rule of thumb" between GV & PG was that I wasnt willing to pay >$100k difference between GV & PG (for same sized unit) just for the amenities (MRT, central shopping centre). In the end i paid a $60k diff and the GV is a nice unit with a view, and that made me commit.

I think PG still seeing demand from people priced out of Madiera, GV, Warren etc where most units are now above $600k.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 11:05
yeah. keppel. like mayfair in jurong - pte lift and bowling alley - touted selling points but really depends..but some can argue not everybody bowls and pte lifts are anti-social in nature!
i think prices in palm garden suffered after condos sprouted out next to MRTs - warren northvale madiera etc... - PG is only next to LRT and generally lacks amenities that the abovementioned have.

Yeah, and the pte lift eats into the square foot, and you're paying for it too. Not worth it. It isn't really that pte anyway, the area is used by all residents in that block, and so it's paid over and over again. Good for developer huh.

richardsng_era
04-08-08, 00:11
Best Deal in Palm Gardens. Rare! Private Lift Lobby & Bowling Alley. High Floor. Beautiful Pool & Waterside Pavilion View. Breezy. Minutes to Bus Interchange/ LRT/ MRT/ Good Schools/ Shopping Centres (Keat Hong Shopping Centre, Lot 1 Shopper's Mall, Sunshine Plaza. Easy access to BKE & KJE. Minutes of drive/ ride to Warren Golf Course. Hurry! View Now!

For more pictures, visit http://92993342.myweb.sg/94 (http://92993342.myweb.sg/94)
For Video, visit http://www.youtube.com/v/HNRbT09LvWo&hl (http://www.youtube.com/v/HNRbT09LvWo&hl)

Dear Owners, feel free to give me a call for your property needs.

http://i3.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/8/e/e/e/8eeeee27627_1_V550.jpg