PDA

View Full Version : Yishun or Sembawang Pte property worth investing

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Pro888
25-08-11, 21:06
The particular area i wished to share is being bounded by Yishun Ave 7, Yishun Ave 2 and Sembawang Rd.

Reasons being

1. Due to the successful launches of 8 Courtyard & Canberra Residences
2. High bid price for the land parcel between Canberra Res. & SSC. The breakeven price est. $850 to $900psf. Developer will be selling $1000 psf & above
3. Sale of EC land parcel opposite 8CY will be opening for tender soon. With the increase in income ceiling for EC buyer but with the current financial market uncertainty - $$$ dun know
4. More land parcels (all private) will be released in that area as road construction for Canberra link and Canberra drive are now underway. Canberra drive @ Yishun Emerald will be linked up to the other side of Canberra dirive @ Canberra Res.
5. New mrt station will be built along Ave 2 after the canal (NS12) in a few years time and also NS Expressway.
6. A new shopping mall integrated with air-con bus interchange will be built next to Northpt. More importantly is the private condo on top. Pricing will be no less than $1050psf (My est) based on Yishun & Bedok pricing & developer's estimation resp. Open tender in Dec.

radha08
25-08-11, 22:16
u got money u got vision just buy bro...u see nice unit u like just buy....forum/analyst/agent all talk kok one nobody knows wat going to happen...some say up some say down some say good some say no good u analyze until paralyze:scared-1: ...until u also blur blur....:scared-5: ....maybe other bro got better advice.....:D

kingkong1984
25-08-11, 23:14
U r late.. those area are HDB's

Good area is the area near to sembawang shopping center. Lots of developments there.

New FH landed available there. Quite a bit of new redevelopments there.

solsys
25-08-11, 23:28
Buy....

Yishun is one of the the last couple of matured estates and judging from the plans and the land tenders of developments, e.g. industrial, commercial and residential is to drive up the usage of upcoming NSE and Thomson line.

Look at gambas, Seletar aerospace, yishun hub too....

kingkong1984
25-08-11, 23:31
i'll say Canberra Residences is worth investing.

Pro888
26-08-11, 00:50
Canberra Res. price will appreciate when next door neighbour launch their project in a few months time. Across the road, a recreational hub will be built.

As for 8CY, HDB have just called for tender on the EC site opposite. I think developers will bid higher reasons being raised income ceiling & high demand on Yishun BTO recently. 8CY price will also go up with development @ Yishun Central.

I think, both no different as Canberra Res & 8CY will soon be linked up (Canberra drive), but 8CY should have a slight edge due to new MRT stn.
Probably in 3-4 years time when 8CY and the new EC are ready.

Invest

Pro888
26-08-11, 01:04
Diagonally across 8CY, there is a hill park, but under 2008 Master plan is zoned as reserved site. Dun know what they intent to use the land for

zzz1
26-08-11, 09:14
Diagonally across 8CY, there is a hill park, but under 2008 Master plan is zoned as reserved site. Dun know what they intent to use the land for
That hill is a granite hill, can't do much development .... and the name say it all ..,hill park mean park on the hill...lol

solsys
27-08-11, 23:28
That hill is a granite hill, can't do much development .... and the name say it all ..,hill park mean park on the hill...lol

Granite hill? Hehe, means dug into quarry with water and it will be very nice next to light industries and future MRT.

I still keep my unblock view. Hehe.

azeoprop
27-08-11, 23:42
Yishun's population is expanding and they really need to widen lentor ave. Jams all the way to SLE are a daily event during peak hours. :scared-3:

solsys
28-08-11, 00:23
Yishun's population is expanding and they really need to widen lentor ave. Jams all the way to SLE are a daily event during peak hours. :scared-3:

Yes, but still manageable. I guess if the jams start to prolong then authorities will take action.

kingkong1984
28-08-11, 07:56
http://okp.listedcompany.com/newsroom/PressRelease060411.pdf

http://www.lta.gov.sg/images/OTR%20ER368.pdf

Look for seletar aerospace flyover.

Actually, the small roads before the flyover should be expanded so that those from CTE turning towards TPE can exit before seletar aerospace flyover and turn towards Yishun. Next in line perhaps. Lent or connection can be relief then.

Pro888
28-08-11, 12:35
Only until recent time, many developments are coming up (pte, bto, EC,industrial & commercial), otherwise a "peaceful" town for over 20years :sleep: .

To ease the congestion, NSE & TSL will be built. In future, more will be using Sembwang Rd instead.

5 years ago, many people said Pasir, Sengkang & Punggol very far & remote, but now, how many still have to same thoughts. See the price appreciation.

Buy for long term of 5-10 years. Pretty optimistic. ;)

Pro888
28-08-11, 14:03
Once the road works are done on Canberra drive, the URA will progessively selll land. Can accommodate another 5-6 projects in that area (based on plot ratio - pte development). An example is a Petir Rd, between Dairy farm Rd & Chestnut Ave where few pte develp. are coming up.

Once these are in place, expectation of a new mrt statn will be nearer.

Where to find 700-800+ psf ? Buy 1 each Canberra Res & 8CY.

Sorry, i m not an agent nor pte developer:spliff:

Now staying in the city. Looking for more return in the suburban areas.

solsys
28-08-11, 22:48
Once the road works are done on Canberra drive, the URA will progessively selll land. Can accommodate another 5-6 projects in that area (based on plot ratio - pte development). An example is a Petir Rd, between Dairy farm Rd & Chestnut Ave where few pte develp. are coming up.

Once these are in place, expectation of a new mrt statn will be nearer.

Where to find 700-800+ psf ? Buy 1 each Canberra Res & 8CY.

Sorry, i m not an agent nor pte developer:spliff:

Now staying in the city. Looking for more return in the suburban areas.

You bought any unit yet in Canberra Residences and Eight Courtyards?

Pro888
29-08-11, 00:50
Bought 1 in May & the other in Jul.

Sori to say as a property investor, i expect psf to increase another $300-400 in that area. More room to appreciate. This is supported by strong vote of confidence from the boss who bidded the land beside Canberra Res.

Expect the coming 2 EC sites & Yishun Hub will be intensely contested:scared-5:

solsys
29-08-11, 06:38
Bought 1 in May & the other in Jul.

Sori to say as a property investor, i expect psf to increase another $300-400 in that area. More room to appreciate. This is supported by strong vote of confidence from the boss who bidded the land beside Canberra Res.

Expect the coming 2 EC sites & Yishun Hub will be intensely contested:scared-5:

I'm vested and looking at additional 120 to 200 psf increase in 5 years time, I.e year 2016.

NSE and TSL up would mean another $100psf.

Glad to see another vested in the North.

Pro888
29-08-11, 19:38
Regardless the uncertainty of the economy, housing price will go up in the long run.

Now, if you have observed, prices of suburban are gapping up.

Also properties near mrt will enjoy a higher premium in the coming months.

Simei, Tampines, Sengkang, Punggol, Kovan etc.

Even higher premium for Residential cum Commercial

Bedok Ctrl (launching soon), Yishun Ctrl (launching in 2012)

Yes. With the improved connectivity, price will go up.

With the many developments coming up, price will go up

With more land available for projects, there will be expectation, price will go up.

Now the G month just over, expect more buying from now.

azeoprop
29-08-11, 19:42
I think yishun neighbourhood 5 is coming soon, the whole land used to be grass farm "grass for sale" now has been cleared.

We need northpoint 3 soon. :scared-3:

Pro888
29-08-11, 20:20
I think yishun neighbourhood 5 is coming soon, the whole land used to be grass farm "grass for sale" now has been cleared.

We need northpoint 3 soon. :scared-3:

:sleep: for more than 2 decades. Now, finally got so many "happenings".

Sori, that site only zoned for residential. Probably you can hope for neighbourhood town ctr like to one opposite Khatib mrt.

Next month, another land for sale @ Miltonia close.

Mr. KBW will transform the north into another Tampines. Good or Bad ???

devilplate
29-08-11, 21:14
Regardless the uncertainty of the economy, housing price will go up in the long run.

Now, if you have observed, prices of suburban are gapping up.

Also properties near mrt will enjoy a higher premium in the coming months.

Simei, Tampines, Sengkang, Punggol, Kovan etc.

Even higher premium for Residential cum Commercial

Bedok Ctrl (launching soon), Yishun Ctrl (launching in 2012)

Yes. With the improved connectivity, price will go up.

With the many developments coming up, price will go up

With more land available for projects, there will be expectation, price will go up.

Now the G month just over, expect more buying from now.
With more and more land being sold and new projects being launched, oversupply story is brewing.....

With 4yrs ssd, let say ppl start to sell at the end of 3rd yr, we shall see a huge oversupply of units for sale in 3yrs time:scared-5:

Many buying for investment in ocr nowadays, 3yrs later will be vy interesting:hell-hath-no-fury:

mantrix
29-08-11, 21:25
With more and more land being sold and new projects being launched, oversupply story is brewing.....

With 4yrs ssd, let say ppl start to sell at the end of 3rd yr, we shall see a huge oversupply of units for sale in 3yrs time:scared-5:

Many buying for investment in ocr nowadays, 3yrs later will be vy interesting:hell-hath-no-fury:

i agree...now for me is to wait...

hyenergix
29-08-11, 21:58

If interest rate is held low, the most likely scenario from the end of 2012 is a quantity bubble which could sustain for a few years. Rental might be weakened. Worst hit could be old folks who depend on rental to sustain their living. Best is to buy within your means and for own stay.

Right now the government has a few tools to cushion property crash:

- Reduce government land sales
- Reduce buyer and seller stamp duties
- Reduce loan to value
- Relax HDB ownership and rental rules

kingkong1984
29-08-11, 22:05
No lah, not those.

Only SSD is right.

Drop by 20 percent u also LAN LAN in first year.

Or by 16 percent in second year

Or by 12 percent in third year

Or by 8 percent in fourth year

This will ensure property can take 5 to 10 percent drop without any serious impact.

hyenergix
29-08-11, 22:12
Should be 'increase loan to value'. Mistake, k.o. soon :p All have very significant impacts on the property market.

azeoprop
29-08-11, 22:30
...and the deferred payment scheme. :D

Pro888
30-08-11, 01:01

Oversupply in 2013 is still a ? Some say yes, but some think otherwise.

Land sales & launches in CCR have drop. A shift to to OCR mass market whereby takers are of different group. Due to these launches closer to bigger group of heartlanders, more are discussing & excited about, seemingly a launch too many.

It is not able the 4 yrs ssd but the land supply in years to come and other government policies on expat, businesses etc.

Yes. More are buying OCR properties including myself. I'm staying south but buy north. Developers are more willing to pay more for the land. A shift, like businesses from CBD to Jurong lake district, Tampines & Changi Business Park.

kingkong1984
30-08-11, 11:54
Foreigner switch from HDB to OCR condo.. Old never mind. Buy first then wait for PR then downgrade to HDB.

mantrix
30-08-11, 12:31
Stay in CCR or RCR HDBs trade in for OCR condos - also considered upgrade lah

omega
30-08-11, 16:31
Would there be a difference for Sembawang GRC and Nee Soon GRC?

Considering KBW is in SBW GRC...

Pro888
30-08-11, 19:21
Spillover effect like Pasir Ris & Simei. Looking at Flora Dr properties which considered quite remote, can command more than $900 psf

Simei properties - :scared-1:

Those land at Yishun Ctrl, Sembawang Ctrl & Woodlands Ctrl are not for HDB. They are for ammenities, commercials & Pte housing. Government get much more returns ($1,000,000,000.00@ Jurong east, Punggol) in selling land to developer. Developers are more willing to JV.

solsys
30-08-11, 23:19
Would there be a difference for Sembawang GRC and Nee Soon GRC?

Considering KBW is in SBW GRC...

Reply from Sembawang GRC rep....

Our Town Renewal Plan also includes the upgrading of Sembawang Park, Schools, new Mosque and Police Station. In addition, there will be more public and private housing units to be built in our town. Marsiling Heights, Woodlands Dew and Montreal Dale are just some of the new developments in Sembawang GRC.

----------------------
Police station and mosque means hubba hubba, let's congregate in the north! E.g. Yishun, Sembawang and Admiralty

ecimbew
30-08-11, 23:35
Plan for Yishun

Note the area where Miltonia and Orchid Country Club is.
New land for housing alert if you do not already know.

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/409/974382.jpg

omega
30-08-11, 23:56
Think it's from here? - http://heartland.hdb.gov.sg/enrichingyishun.html

This picture easier to see...

http://www.myhometown.sg/Portals/0/Member/New%20Road.JPG

Another related picture...
http://www.myhometown.sg/Portals/0/Member/New%20Road_1.JPG

Pro888
31-08-11, 00:16
Thanks Omega & Ecimbew for your contributions.

Connectivity is very important. So in the near future, there will be 3 major roads that will bring us to the north. Then we will not be considered "far".

Pro888
31-08-11, 00:20
Reply from Sembawang GRC rep....

Our Town Renewal Plan also includes the upgrading of Sembawang Park, Schools, new Mosque and Police Station. In addition, there will be more public and private housing units to be built in our town. Marsiling Heights, Woodlands Dew and Montreal Dale are just some of the new developments in Sembawang GRC.

----------------------
Police station and mosque means hubba hubba, let's congregate in the north! E.g. Yishun, Sembawang and Admiralty

$500 mil for Sembawang $600 mil for Yishun. $1.1 bil for the north.

Huat ah!

omega
31-08-11, 00:23
3 major roads...

1. Western Road Link
2. NSE
3. ? The usual SLE, CTE?

Pro888
31-08-11, 00:35
3 major roads...

1. Western Road Link
2. NSE
3. ? The usual SLE, CTE?

via Lentor from AMK

Pro888
31-08-11, 00:47
If Sembawang Shipyard were to relocate to Sungei Kadut or further and make use of the huge space available for beaches (like East Coast beach), that will be great. Existing Sembawang Park is too small to relax & cycle

Not mistaken, 14 land parcels for landed have been sold there recently. More can be built.

Relevent government agencies URA, HDB, SLA, MPA can consider.

omega
31-08-11, 01:04
If ships need to dock at Sembawang Shipyard (Idk about this though), don't think Sungei Kadut/Kranji area have such a place for it...

I thought north side got alot PCNs, call Northern Explorer right? Just that, I don't understand why it never link to the reservoir stretch...

Pro888
31-08-11, 01:53
If ships need to dock at Sembawang Shipyard (Idk about this though), don't think Sungei Kadut/Kranji area have such a place for it...

I thought north side got alot PCNs, call Northern Explorer right? Just that, I don't understand why it never link to the reservoir stretch...

Sembawang Shipyard is not big. Container port at Keppel will be moving to Tuas. Heavy industrial should go to heavy industrial zone. Creating a liveable place.

It will take time for the PCN to really link up. Have seen some.

More importantly, the beaches, where one can really relax, BBQing & cycling. Why not have chalets & Downtown north, Satay club along the beach ?

NorthernStar
31-08-11, 07:44

My friend works in shipyard co. said rumous that the Sembawang shipyard hv plan to move somewhere. Let hope it is true.:D

PCN should b ready. Always saw cyclists from the mandai area at the SLE exit @ woodlands ave 12.
http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/docs/diy_guide/NEPCN_Walking%20Trail_D4.pdf

Pro888
31-08-11, 09:16
My friend works in shipyard co. said rumous that the Sembawang shipyard hv plan to move somewhere. Let hope it is true.:D

PCN should b ready. Always saw cyclists from the mandai area at the SLE exit @ woodlands ave 12.
http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/docs/diy_guide/NEPCN_Walking%20Trail_D4.pdf

That will be bonus. Keep fingers and toes X. :scared-2:

omega
01-09-11, 01:37
Okay, let's see how it goes.

Cos I bought some properties at Yishun. :o

Pro888
03-09-11, 00:04
I have revisited the 2008 Masterplan noticed that there will be some reclamation on the coastal line @ Sembawang Park, but zoned as Reserved. Don't know what they intent to use the land for?

In the future, many residents in Sembawang will be just a stone throw away from the shipyard if it were to stay. Who want to stay there ?

Sembawang shipyard has to go and i have spotted a big piece of land @ Sungei Kadut ( also marked as reserved). Hopefully......
Heavy industrial should go to the place where it belongs.

There will be some improvement works to be carried out @ the park but, it is still not attractive. In short, almost nothing there for anyone to stay for long.

As mentioned, same concert as Pasir Ris - Downtown north, chalets, beach restaurants, cycling track which is "really" long enough.

The north population of Sembawang, Yishun, Woodlands and even Yio Chu Kang & AMK able to support.

Any1 support my ideas?:)

solsys
03-09-11, 02:21
KBW for MND alone will mean north will do very well under his care. Just look at what MBT did for Tampines.......

kingkong1984
03-09-11, 09:16
The north...

New road from simpang to aerospace.

New bus interchange with integrated residential.

New flats and condo and EC...

New NS expressway.....

All these point to a new LRT and MRT... Just maybe 10 to 20 yrs later. Earlier if population is higher...

The new MRT line to Airport should be supported by New population at Sembawang, Yishun, Sengkang, Punggol, Pasir Ris and Changi. That's why u see more new land launches there.

solsys
04-09-11, 01:00
I can't seem much upside anywhere else except for north area. The rest like paya lebar and JLD are already priced in for upside. North is building up to be a volcano with the industrial sites all coming up, not forgetting the transport infrastructure too.

DC33_2008
04-09-11, 10:23
What will be the reasonable range of $psf for the northern development for a 900sqft unit?
I can't seem much upside anywhere else except for north area. The rest like paya lebar and JLD are already priced in for upside. North is building up to be a volcano with the industrial sites all coming up, not forgetting the transport infrastructure too.

omega
04-09-11, 11:22
What will be the reasonable range of $psf for the northern development for a 900sqft unit?

IMHO, I think eventually, it depends on how deep ones' pocket is... :o

DC33_2008
04-09-11, 11:31
A bit confused. Deep pocket investors do not splurge $ on less worthy units. :confused:
IMHO, I think eventually, it depends on how deep ones' pocket is... :o

solsys
04-09-11, 11:43

Older developments going for S$630-S$773 psf.

New projects going for S$750-S$880psf.

Guys, if you have more accurate update, please correct me.

Life is made easier as condos in North are literally all leasehold.... except for Seletaris and Northwoods.

omega
04-09-11, 11:45
A bit confused. Deep pocket investors do not splurge $ on less worthy units. :confused:

How deep != very deep...

Nvm, this will be endless... :D

solsys
04-09-11, 11:47
How deep != very deep...

Nvm, this will be endless... :D

That sounds sexual..... :doh:

kingkong1984
04-09-11, 11:59
Older developments going for S$630-S$773 psf.

New projects going for S$750-S$880psf.

Guys, if you have more accurate update, please correct me.

Life is made easier as condos in North are literally all leasehold.... except for Seletaris and Northwoods.

I think new projects safe to assume $750 psf onwards except for EC... the little devil. Another EC coming up near to 8 courtyards..

Pro888
04-09-11, 12:26
I think new projects safe to assume $750 psf onwards except for EC... the little devil. Another EC coming up near to 8 courtyards..

The next project to be launch is the plot of land between Sembawang S. Ctr & Canberra Residence. Breakeven at $750 - $800. How much do you expect the developer to sell ?

Then EC opposite 8CY. Tender closing in Oct. See how they (developer )put in their numbers.

Another land parcel open for tender for Pte condo in Miltonia Close (opposite the existing The Miltonia Residence).

Yishun Ctrl - Dec 2011. Very much anticipate with air-con bus interchange cum shopping (seem bigger than the existing northpoint 1 & 2 combined) & Pte condo.

mantrix
04-09-11, 12:31

And sensoria...I think D Banyan also FH...

kingkong1984
04-09-11, 12:33
Yes, that one is the most expansive now...

Dirt cheap in Yishun in psf... The Shaughnessy, Springhill, Euphony Gardens and maybe Seletaris and Lilydale.

Developer can max free area such as balcony and air con ledge right?

I said min is really min and for big units. > 1500 sqf.

For small units, >$1000 is very likely.

Pro888
04-09-11, 12:48
The next project to be launch is the plot of land between Sembawang S. Ctr & Canberra Residence. Breakeven at $750 - $800. How much do you expect the developer to sell ?

Then EC opposite 8CY. Tender closing in Oct. See how they (developer )put in their numbers.

Another land parcel open for tender for Pte condo in Miltonia Close (opposite the existing The Miltonia Residence).

Yishun Ctrl - Dec 2011. Very much anticipate with air-con bus interchange cum shopping (seem bigger than the existing northpoint 1 & 2 combined) & Pte condo.

Existing ECs there are changing hands @ close to $700psf (Aug). With the recent overwhelming response from Yishun BTO. Also new mrt stn (5 mins walk). Can expect the site to be hotly contested.

Pro888
04-09-11, 13:04
Yes, that one is the most expansive now...

Dirt cheap in Yishun in psf... The Shaughnessy, Springhill, Euphony Gardens and maybe Seletaris and Lilydale.

Developer can max free area such as balcony and air con ledge right?

I said min is really min and for big units. > 1500 sqf.

For small units, >$1000 is very likely.

Few small units have already changed hands >$1000. :)

DC33_2008
04-09-11, 15:24
Few small units have already changed hands >$1000. :)
Hot properties everywhere. Huat Singapore:)

mantrix
04-09-11, 15:40

Next stop - Iskandar (???)

DC33_2008
04-09-11, 15:48
Not comfortable with malaysia properties.

Pro888
04-09-11, 16:04

Rem Clob shares & Malaysia Cup.

Only 2 conditions i will consider to invest.

1. Extra Cash for disposal rather than invest.
2. Cheap until lao sai property.

Pro888
04-09-11, 16:33

Tampines got - Business Hub
Punggol got - Waterfront living
Jurong got - JLD
And Paya lebar next

How about north? Another business hub? No doubt, JLD has just started.

Congestion will be reduced. Businesses distribution across the island. Transport minister less headache.
Cut down on traveling time. More quality time with family.
Productivity increase.
Profit increase due to lower rental.

Mr. KBW. It's your ward. Creating something out from you.

solsys
04-09-11, 21:01
Tampines got - Business Hub
Punggol got - Waterfront living
Jurong got - JLD
And Paya lebar next

How about north? Another business hub? No doubt, JLD has just started.

Congestion will be reduced. Businesses distribution across the island. Transport minister less headache.
Cut down on traveling time. More quality time with family.
Productivity increase.
Profit increase due to lower rental.

Mr. KBW. It's your ward. Creating something out from you.

If there is a business hub, likely near Future Simpang mrt, near rubies and 8cy.

Light industries surrounding the hub.

Sembawang will need this hub to boom and shipyard to move out to boom further. Reason because Sembawang is little out of the way. If punggol waterfront pulls off, i'm sure they will replicate for Sembawang.

solsys
04-09-11, 21:09
Having said all that, MRT is still speculation..... But most of us think it will happen within 10-20yrs.

ahsoh88
04-09-11, 22:57
I am interested to invest in freehold only. Can anyone pls advise if Seletaris is worth invest in (for own stay) ? What is the reasonable
price psf ?

Thank

azeoprop
04-09-11, 23:02
Erm...seletaris will be affected by the NS expressway construction. Part of their land will be taken over by the expressway.
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Homes+affected+by+the+North+South+Expressway/

kingkong1984
07-09-11, 06:17
I am interested to invest in freehold only. Can anyone pls advise if Seletaris is worth invest in (for own stay) ? What is the reasonable
price psf ?

Thank

Buy only wat u like and can afford. The answer lies there.

I say it's up to u.

Pro888
21-09-11, 16:38
My wife told me that she saw a chinese program or show (can't rem exactly wat) last week talking about the EC as it is a very hot topic now. They mentioned abt 2 new EC sites, of coz, 1 of them next to 8CY and is going to build a new mrt nearby. So i have a strong feeling that it is within the next 4-5 years when 8CY and EC are up.

Traffic lights at new Canberra Lane are up also. Canberra drive off Yishun Ave 7 will also be widened. Can expect the clearing of the forest very soon.

mantrix
21-09-11, 21:36
My wife told me that she saw a chinese program or show (can't rem exactly wat) last week talking about the EC as it is a very hot topic now. They mentioned abt 2 new EC sites, of coz, 1 of them next to 8CY and is going to build a new mrt nearby. So i have a strong feeling that it is within the next 4-5 years when 8CY and EC are up.

Traffic lights at new Canberra Lane are up also. Canberra drive off Yishun Ave 7 will also be widened. Can expect the clearing of the forest very soon.

still not enough to form critical mass. The other side of the road is still zoned for industrial use. My sources tell me is closer to end of this decade :2cents:

NorthernStar
22-09-11, 07:54
agreed that this place will not be developed so soon.:)

btw, owner of Canberra Residences, i just created a forum for the CR owners. Please join in!

http://canberraresidences.freeforums.org/

rattydrama
22-09-11, 10:09
there are many plots of land out for tender in Yishun and Sembawang - septical to see the price adjusting upwords soon, eventually it should.

Between Woodlands and Yishun, which location will be a better bet for price upside?

Sungei Kadut unlikely to plan for heavy industry as the new approved and lease is less than 30 years and I think government plan to take back the whole area for re-development in future.

gn108
22-09-11, 10:13
Lilydale is happening

devilplate
22-09-11, 10:21
there are many plots of land out for tender in Yishun and Sembawang - septical to see the price adjusting upwords soon, eventually it should.

Between Woodlands and Yishun, which location will be a better bet for price upside?

Sungei Kadut unlikely to plan for heavy industry as the new approved and lease is less than 30 years and I think government plan to take back the whole area for re-development in future.

both also cmi:p

rattydrama
22-09-11, 10:30

Well for northlander u only want to choose both areas.
For own stay with long term cap apprecation for sure. If purely for investment then that is different story unless its next to malls and MRT.

devilplate
22-09-11, 10:42
Well for northlander u only want to choose both areas.
For own stay with long term cap apprecation for sure. If purely for investment then that is different story unless its next to malls and MRT.

dun buy now...no point....i will only consider far north when the new expressway is almost ready.....tats the expressway of fortune for far north:D

rattydrama
22-09-11, 10:59
dun buy now...no point....i will only consider far north when the new expressway is almost ready.....tats the expressway of fortune for far north:D

expressway sure build some offices received letter to cut part of the facade 1.5 years ago.

consider later...haha by then the prices will move again. opportunity lost just like caspian... and look at Jurong now, my fren lakshore 2 bedder now more then 1000psf. It was less then 500psf when she got it and not facing track.

north could be the only opportunity for pple who dont want to commit on huge loan.

buy now is ok if have the view for own stay and your other properties are rentable even during resession.

governemnt is gearing up the development here - open land is easier to develop and plan.

miss the boat vs calculated risk...
buy ppty for investments and later for own stay........reverse strategy

devilplate
22-09-11, 11:04
expressway sure build some offices received letter to cut part of the facade 1.5 years ago.

consider later...haha by then the prices will move again. opportunity lost just like caspian... and look at Jurong now, my fren lakshore 2 bedder now more then 1000psf. It was less then 500psf when she got it and not facing track.

lakeshore goodie.....subsale cheap cheap upon TOP! i got super deals!! den some goondos buy from developer at tat time instead.....pay easily 100psf more....WHAHAHA

well, i rather put my $$ on smthing else den far north.....prolly only 8cy considered ok buy.....at 750psf there is minimal downside risk

but now older resale px there r asking ard 700psf....siao ar....whahahaha

rattydrama
22-09-11, 11:13
lakeshore goodie.....subsale cheap cheap upon TOP! i got super deals!! den some goondos buy from developer at tat time instead.....pay easily 100psf more....WHAHAHA

well, i rather put my $$ on smthing else den far north.....prolly only 8cy considered ok buy.....at 750psf there is minimal downside risk

but now older resale px there r asking ard 700psf....siao ar....whahahaha

Good you.

If pple are still willing to pay for a resale price at 700psf in the next 2 years, then we have to accept the fact that the base price is there. Even there is a fire sale, the fire is not going to be there very long with liquidity and inflation. anyway to alot of pple SG is still a good place for business and education.

devilplate
22-09-11, 11:18
Good you.

If pple are still willing to pay for a resale price at 700psf in the next 2 years, then we have to accept the fact that the base price is there. Even there is a fire sale, the fire is not going to be there very long with liquidity and inflation. anyway to alot of pple SG is still a good place for business and education.

buy woodleigh area la

i tell u the stamford sch beside it VY GOODIE!

the artist impression so posh and grand! expats surely love it.....hopefully the actual product dun dissapoint me:ashamed1:

rattydrama
22-09-11, 11:21
buy woodleigh area la

i tell u the stamford sch beside it VY GOODIE!

the artist impression so posh and grand! expats surely love it.....hopefully the actual product dun dissapoint me:ashamed1:

I wanted too! last year this time. given check and one stupid agent cut my agent @5K...my luck...it was 1.01m for 3 bedder.......somemore only need 20% downpayment..:simmering: now price too high liao.......

devilplate
22-09-11, 11:24
I wanted too! last year this time. given check and one stupid agent cut my agent @5K...my luck...it was 1.01m for 3 bedder.......somemore only need 20% downpayment..:simmering: now price too high liao.......

buy from direct agts lah! aiyooooooooooo

rattydrama
22-09-11, 11:33
buy from direct agts lah! aiyooooooooooo

tat owner nvr sign exclusive so few agents are free to sell.

Pro888
22-09-11, 18:05

north could be the only opportunity for pple who dont want to commit on huge loan.

buy now is ok if have the view for own stay and your other properties are rentable even during resession.

governemnt is gearing up the development here - open land is easier to develop and plan.

miss the boat vs calculated risk...
buy ppty for investments and later for own stay........reverse strategy

Downside risk will be supported by future developments.

North still a laggard. Upside maybe more than $1k psf. Still a gap of $200 $300 psf. I can't see any room for upside in other areas unless CCR moves. JLD maybe.

More to come as govt spending billion $ to build TSL & NSE.

mantrix
22-09-11, 18:52

dun tok down my north leh :D

but if you wait till TSL and NSE up the potential would have been realised by then

invest around 2014 just nice cos 2018 is end of 4 yrs SSD and can sell :D

Pro888
22-09-11, 21:00
yishun ai lai liao

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2011/9/31257/residential-sites-face-softening-land-bid-prices

rattydrama
22-09-11, 21:50
Downside risk will be supported by future developments.

North still a laggard. Upside maybe more than $1k psf. Still a gap of $200 $300 psf. I can't see any room for upside in other areas unless CCR moves. JLD maybe.

More to come as govt spending billion $ to build TSL & NSE.

you are too optimistic leh. my rcr only 1300psf fh and 5 min mrt. there maybe risk of downside jialat jialat if abv 1000psf (2 bedder?) with bad economy... existing owner maybe paying 4xxpsf during bad times. eg seletaris..

some new condos still a long walking distance from MRT so wonder how can the price hold well? Yes but could be very competitive.

Pro888
22-09-11, 22:32
you are too optimistic leh. my rcr only 1300psf fh and 5 min mrt. there maybe risk of downside jialat jialat if abv 1000psf (2 bedder?) with bad economy... existing owner maybe paying 4xxpsf during bad times. eg seletaris..

some new condos still a long walking distance from MRT so wonder how can the price hold well? Yes but could be very competitive.

Some alredi hit above $1k (esp Woodhaven) and many abv $900 in Yishun. Dun forget the developer paid for that plot of land in betweeen SSC & Canberra Res in May this year. Need to sell $950 to $1000 to make money.

Now developers are more wiiling to pay more for ocr (commercial cum Res). Bedok in the east, Punggol in the north-east and JLD in the west. Yishun in the north will be the next one. Residential rental increase one of the fastest pace.

in 2005, i paid for my current rcr $650psf (super near mrt, really throw stone can hit the train, but can never hit 1 bcos underground lah and 5min to city, TOP only couple of years back), now $1.4K. Hit the roof liao.

solsys
22-09-11, 23:13
Lilydale is happening

Been there once in Year 2010, and was completely turned off by the condition and the pool size.

However, i think they repainted since.

solsys
22-09-11, 23:24
Punggol and Sengkang oversupply, MRT fever fading.......

Sim Lian made the first move to clear their ATT before other well capitalized developers blink and drop prices.

paying additional 100-300psf for near MRT? Is it really worth it? hmmm...... People are still buying the idea but developers are doing otherwise....

Anyway, North is the way to go.....

Strong development in north will mitigate bad economy in the next 4-8 yrs. The base price we see now will still be the base in time to come.....

Other areas? Hmmm....

Pro888
23-09-11, 00:10
Punggol and Sengkang oversupply, MRT fever fading.......

Sim Lian made the first move to clear their ATT before other well capitalized developers blink and drop prices.

paying additional 100-300psf for near MRT? Is it really worth it? hmmm...... People are still buying the idea but developers are doing otherwise....

Anyway, North is the way to go.....

Strong development in north will mitigate bad economy in the next 4-8 yrs. The base price we see now will still be the base in time to come.....

Other areas? Hmmm....

Same thinking.:)

There will be a institution in the ctrl (as accordance to plan), hopefully a international school, like Singapore American School in Woodlands (many ang mo).

Pro888
23-09-11, 00:23
No development, no good

Too many, also no good. No exclusiveness if surrounded by HDB.

Development must have wider range like commercial, industrial, landscaping, transport network enhancement etc. Not only for Residential purpose.

Under GLS, yes, too many in Sengkang & Punggol. Eat also must eat slowly. How to digest. lol.

Pro888
23-09-11, 00:51
Leaving the sick Dow & Euro aside, if i am the developer, i would most probably give it a miss in bidding @ northeast. Far too many and you are being sandwiched. Anytin happened negatively "infront", you're stuck. :banghead:

If this project, price is not right etc, buyer can move/wait for the next one. This makes developer very difficult to price their units higher despite the increase in land price, thus, the fall in bidding price/ interest in that area.

Look along Balestier Rd alone, about 15 projects are now U/C. Scary.:scared-1:

mantrix
23-09-11, 09:21
Some alredi hit above $1k (esp Woodhaven) and many abv $900 in Yishun. Dun forget the developer paid for that plot of land in betweeen SSC & Canberra Res in May this year. Need to sell $950 to $1000 to make money.

Now developers are more wiiling to pay more for ocr (commercial cum Res). Bedok in the east, Punggol in the north-east and JLD in the west. Yishun in the north will be the next one. Residential rental increase one of the fastest pace.

in 2005, i paid for my current rcr $650psf (super near mrt, really throw stone can hit the train, but can never hit 1 bcos underground lah and 5min to city, TOP only couple of years back), now $1.4K. Hit the roof liao.

Kovan Melody??

devilplate
23-09-11, 09:34
Kovan Melody??

cannot be

KV shd be 5xxpsf and now worth 1100psf at best

i guess citylights:D

mantrix
23-09-11, 09:50
cannot be

KV shd be 5xxpsf and now worth 1100psf at best

i guess citylights:D

He said super near...Citylights should fit the bill, correct

Cannot be Southbank cos it's launched after that

mantrix
23-09-11, 10:02
Anyway Citylights was probably the only one to experience close to 300% gains...the rest of RCR didn't do that well maybe 200% nia

rattydrama
23-09-11, 10:14

you said it right. super near MRT... in 2010 I paid less than 750psf for a project "jump also can hit MRT station" ...net rental yield is 4% / gross 5% now transacting around 850psf... I am happy if it hit 1000psf.

gov now also up the plot ratio of those near MRT so expect more commercial and residential complex to be built.

But those not so near MRT remain to be tested.

so woodlands is better or yishun, what do you think?

devilplate
23-09-11, 10:15
Anyway Citylights was probably the only one to experience close to 300% gains...the rest of RCR didn't do that well maybe 200% nia

yes...southbank is the 2nd chance for those who missed CL

ppl say jalan besar area is low class/casket etc last time.....totally look down on tat area....but who knows, expats willing to pay TOP dollar to rent a plc there:D

i used to condemn citysq, but hey prices also appreciated quite a fair bit:o

when it TOP in 09, can get 8xxpsf for 3bdr lor

rattydrama
23-09-11, 10:24

I realised the size of city light is pretty decent, perhaps that adds on. Now we could not get such good size anymore.

devilplate
23-09-11, 10:33
I realised the size of city light is pretty decent, perhaps that adds on. Now we could not get such good size anymore.

their layout VERY efficient and all layout got cross ventilation except for their smallest 1bdr

u shd pay a visit even u r just a window shopper:D

Pro888
23-09-11, 13:26

Citylights & Citysquare were both i have seen before buying this 1.

It is Meraprime @ Tiong Bahru. Good Rental yield. :ashamed1:

Pro888
23-09-11, 13:33

I didn't choose Citylights cos to near to ICA. Too many FW.:tsk-tsk:

Pro888
23-09-11, 13:49
you said it right. super near MRT... in 2010 I paid less than 750psf for a project "jump also can hit MRT station" ...net rental yield is 4% / gross 5% now transacting around 850psf... I am happy if it hit 1000psf.

gov now also up the plot ratio of those near MRT so expect more commercial and residential complex to be built.

But those not so near MRT remain to be tested.

so woodlands is better or yishun, what do you think?

Both can consider, no much different with reference to Pasir Ris, Tampines & Simei.

Woodlands got NSE, TSL & Regional town ctr/hub.
Yishun got NSE, integrated transport hub & Seletar Aerospace with many big MNCs (good for rental, only 5 min drive).

I would prefer Yishun becos of developments in the near future.

Pro888
23-09-11, 14:00
Kovan Melody??

Ya. Koven was the first one i had visited. Then Citysquare followed by Citylights. In the end picked Meraprime.

I didn't choose Kovan Melody was it is @ Hougang. Why i went there in the first place, i also can't recall. Not many projects at that time.

mantrix
23-09-11, 14:03

Meraprime only 1300 psf nw leh...

rattydrama
23-09-11, 14:04
Both can consider, no much different with reference to Pasir Ris, Tampines & Simei.

Woodlands got NSE, TSL & Regional town ctr/hub.
Yishun got NSE, integrated transport hub & Seletar Aerospace with many big MNCs (good for rental, only 5 min drive).

I would prefer Yishun becos of developments in the near future.

I would prefer those near Sembawang MRT. Yishun MRT could be too expensive and a distance to MRT cos it will be at the opposite. But maybe no MRT noise. Let's see.

But my first choice would be next to Woodlands MRT as distance to expressway is quick and there are many good schools around there.

somehow, I have given up working and travelling to town, the traffic is so so bad and worsen.

I doubt the road to be built will lease the traffic by alot.

rattydrama
23-09-11, 14:16
their layout VERY efficient and all layout got cross ventilation except for their smallest 1bdr

u shd pay a visit even u r just a window shopper:D

ya you know I am very particular about this....good memory.

rattydrama
23-09-11, 14:23

Good to re-invest again. The support could be 1100psf @ bad times. Should hold on to it for another 4-5 years. Good to buy something now.

devilplate
23-09-11, 14:39
Ya. Koven was the first one i had visited. Then Citysquare followed by Citylights. In the end picked Meraprime.

I didn't choose Kovan Melody was it is @ Hougang. Why i went there in the first place, i also can't recall. Not many projects at that time.
U shd hf bot the gem during tat time.... Residences@evelyn:D :D :D

Pro888
23-09-11, 23:49
U shd hf bot the gem during tat time.... Residences@evelyn:D :D :D

Haha. Anytin you buy in 2005 was a gem. During that time, no crowd, good facing & can nego with ease. I didn't bring cheque along. Just went there see see look look. In the end, bought 1 abv 30 flr. Good view. The agent followed us back to get the pay cheque.

Last few transactions with 2 hitting abv $1.4k, 1 @ $1399, 1 @ $1372 and 1 @ $1327. Mine abv 30th flr should command close to $1.4k or more. Fully reno.

Pro888
23-09-11, 23:58
Can rent out easily, i mean very easily.

Total 6 units per flr. My neigbours, 2 ang mos family, 2 Japs, 1 indian national. I am the only Singaporean.

solsys
24-09-11, 21:31
Ok, back to the topic of yishun, Sembawang....

solsys
01-10-11, 00:20
Yishun Emerald transacted at $835psf for a 958sqft unit! :scared-5: The same price can get u a new unit high floor non pool facing unit in 8cy.

That's a record price!

Yishun coming up!

Pro888
01-10-11, 11:08
Wow! Last high for YE was $773.

Only the beginning.

Sale of balance flats in Yishun in particular, overwhelmed by 1000 applications is to 41 units.

With the moderate rate sale of land parcels in the north by govt (unlike northeast), coupled with the high demand, will see developers bid more aggressively for the EC site due to less " competition". Sure will come out in the news. 800psf. Haha

Recent high for Canopy EC was $702.

Nman
11-11-11, 21:31
Wow! Last high for YE was $773.

Only the beginning.

Sale of balance flats in Yishun in particular, overwhelmed by 1000 applications is to 41 units.

With the moderate rate sale of land parcels in the north by govt (unlike northeast), coupled with the high demand, will see developers bid more aggressively for the EC site due to less " competition". Sure will come out in the news. 800psf. Haha

Recent high for Canopy EC was $702.

Hi Pro, E2 stck 25 1163sqf 11 floor, 810psf worth to buy? unblock pool view. I think can consider right?

Nman
11-11-11, 21:33
sorry I refer to 8 courtyards

solsys
14-11-11, 21:13
Northoaks broke $700psf. :D

denyr
24-11-11, 19:59
Hi, would like to ask about sembawamg cottage. There's a unit that is going for abt 578 pad, and am wondering if the price is too high since it is a walkup apartment and not much amenities. Any advice? Thanks.

Pro888
24-11-11, 20:25
Hi, would like to ask about sembawamg cottage. There's a unit that is going for abt 578 pad, and am wondering if the price is too high since it is a walkup apartment and not much amenities. Any advice? Thanks.

It has only 20 units and for the past 2 years, only 6 transactions.

Consider location (not so good), amenities (still acceptable), for investment (not so good in terms of rental and capital appreciation will also be limited). School for kids, noise from the road etc

For own stay, if you like the place (love at first sight), no problem.

Eastboy
24-11-11, 20:52

FH, Mcdonald's at doorstep. En-bloc potential. Buy.

solsys
25-11-11, 07:44
NSE right smack at your doorstep. Buy? Think otherwise. Risk to reward too high.

denyr
25-11-11, 07:52
Thanks all, will reconsider carefully.

Pro888
25-11-11, 10:18
NSE right smack at your doorstep. Buy? Think otherwise. Risk to reward too high.

Yes. the NSE at your very doorstep. Noise & air pollution.

Pro888
25-11-11, 10:35
Buy near NSE, but not too near like CR, 8CY, YE & YS etc.

Check with LTA, sure build mrt there but dun know when.

Bulid 1 mrt station - $20mil (pluck from the sky)
Sell 1 plot of land - $150 - $200 mil
Available is abt 5 - $750 - $1 bil (not considering the land zone for businesses across the road)

Now, constructing roads (Canberra Drive & Lane), next sell land near to main road (maybe in GLS 2012).

Then how to sell land that is really "off" the main road ? Build mrt. :D :D

Also many BTO flats coming up along Sembawang Rd which are quite far from Sembawang mrt.

solsys
26-11-11, 10:45

Available is abt 5 - $750 - $1 bil (not considering the land zone for businesses across the road)

Now, constructing roads (Canberra Drive & Lane), next sell land near to main road (maybe in GLS 2012).

Also many BTO flats coming up along Sembawang Rd which are quite far from Sembawang mrt.

Great minds think alike.... :D

solsys
26-11-11, 10:47
FH, Mcdonald's at doorstep. En-bloc potential. Buy.

Why not find your enbloc in TK? Oops I forgot government just clamped TK down and it's all published in the papers! Simply because it's way too squeezy!

Eastboy
26-11-11, 10:53
Why not find your enbloc in TK? Oops I forgot government just clamped TK down and it's all published in the papers! Simply because it's way too squeezy!

solsys, i have never intended to sell my landed in TK. never will i let go because this is the house i grew up in. so i don't know why you are targeting me but anyway i was one of the few which my neighbors and i have signed petition to URA for the past few yrs protesting MMs developments in our backyard.

i welcome the move totally, and whatever it is, it doesn't affect me AT ALL. in fact if properties in TK drop, I'm already eye a few units in this area and grab.

solsys
26-11-11, 10:53

My guess is the business plots will be developed once Seletar Hub up and running.

The hub will need auxiliary businesses to support the aerospace industry.

devilplate
26-11-11, 11:11
solsys, i have never intended to sell my landed in TK. never will i let go because this is the house i grew up in. so i don't know why you are targeting me but anyway i was one of the few which my neighbors and i have signed petition to URA for the past few yrs protesting MMs developments in our backyard.

i welcome the move totally, and whatever it is, it doesn't affect me AT ALL. in fact if properties in TK drop, I'm already eye a few units in this area and grab.
its sad to have apts sprouting up in ur landed estate

actually landed in TK shd see buying interest back rite? no more enbloc in near future.....traffic will not get worse liao.....

Pro888
26-11-11, 17:09
Great minds think alike.... :D

Hehe.

Monitoring closely how URA, LTA, HDB etc "co-ordinate" at other parts of SG that will replicate here.

Now got the The Nautical - cruise like design, dun miss it.

Pro888
26-11-11, 17:17
My guess is the business plots will be developed once Seletar Hub up and running.

The hub will need auxiliary businesses to support the aerospace industry.

Same thinking. Building another road linking to the Hub and especially the bridge across the reservoir. They are not using the existing Yishun Ave 1.

solsys
28-11-11, 15:42

I think you will get your wish to buy a few units eventually.

But isn't it contradicting? Petitioning against something that will benefit prices in your area? The MMs are the ones pushing the prices up in TK, which is the reason why I think it will tank the fastest because of its weak supporting fundamentals.

devilplate
28-11-11, 17:29
Anywhr in this small little dot is goodie good

Even geylang ppty appreciated since lows of 2005

Pro888
28-12-11, 11:27
BR selling at $1350psf
Hillier at $1150psf avg
Yishun Res. integrated bus hub will not come cheap. With all facilities available, hospital, future developments, can easily reach $1300 - $1400.
Still waiting for govt to release the site for redevelopment. Suppose this month.

phantom_opera
28-12-11, 11:28
if Yishun reaches 1.3k-1.4kpsf next year ... CM6 sure comes

Pro888
28-12-11, 11:36
if Yishun reaches 1.3k-1.4kpsf next year ... CM6 sure comes

If CM6 comes becoz of Yishun reaches that price, then every1 will be hit. No place to hide liao.

Consider BR & Yishun the same under CM5. If it goes above that, then CM6 will come. Centro in AMK few mrt stops away now transacted at $1550psf.

rattydrama
28-12-11, 12:11
BR selling at $1350psf
Hillier at $1150psf avg
Yishun Res. integrated bus hub will not come cheap. With all facilities available, hospital, future developments, can easily reach $1300 - $1400.
Still waiting for govt to release the site for redevelopment. Suppose this month.

I think JDL investors or the Bt Panjang investors will be clapping hands first.

BR situated in saturated town with lots of old landed houses and matured HDBs, literally there are spare cash to punt on BR. That is why developer willing to pay high for the land.

Hillier under FEO nvr comes cheap.

solsys
28-12-11, 15:03
If CM6 comes becoz of Yishun reaches that price, then every1 will be hit. No place to hide liao.

Consider BR & Yishun the same under CM5. If it goes above that, then CM6 will come. Centro in AMK few mrt stops away now transacted at $1550psf.

Woo.... so aggressive, i'm more conservative, looking at S$1.2k - S$1.3psf for Yishun Hub condo. Having said that, Yishun is indeed a matured town with a new hospital, rejuvenated hub, interchange as well.

Pro888
28-12-11, 16:19
Woo.... so aggressive, i'm more conservative, looking at S$1.2k - S$1.3psf for Yishun Hub condo. Having said that, Yishun is indeed a matured town with a new hospital, rejuvenated hub, interchange as well.

Many big players are saving there bullets for this one. Not me aggressive, developers are. Agents are also saying it is between what you hv indicated.

xemz127
09-02-12, 13:45
still no news for the Yishun hub tender activity? shops already closed for months already :confused:

Pro888
09-02-12, 23:45
still no news for the Yishun hub tender activity? shops already closed for months already :confused:

Have spoken to the MP and they are also pushing for it. They already feedback to the relevant authority.

It is long overdue. :sleep: It will take 6 mths to launch and 4 yrs to build.

Probably wait for FEO to sell their WT then come here to bid high high. :D

This is a prime land in Yishun. If i am selling something, i must wait for those BB when they are less committed. Surely you will sell many JV tied up with mall operator.

xemz127
10-02-12, 09:18
haha the URA can always set a "guideline" for the bidders lah... set high high and "no money no talk"!! :D

Xan
11-02-12, 00:05
Many big players are saving there bullets for this one. Not me aggressive, developers are. Agents are also saying it is between what you hv indicated.

Great minds think alike.
If not that I'm vested in WT, this yishun hub shall be my target.

xemz127
11-02-12, 08:29
Great minds think alike.
If not that I'm vested in WT, this yishun hub shall be my target.

have to see how's the design of yishun hub first.. if FEO got it.. it will definitely market it similar like WT.. there's one yishun pond just right behind.. with combination with current northpoint, very likely will be another tampines central..

Pro888
11-02-12, 11:12
have to see how's the design of yishun hub first.. if FEO got it.. it will definitely market it similar like WT.. there's one yishun pond just right behind.. with combination with current northpoint, very likely will be another tampines central..

Just to share

Bedok Res - Land size 24900 sq m, land price $789 mil
Punggol WT - Land size 30000 sq m, land price $1021 mil
Bukit Panjang - Land size 18954 sq m , land price $493 mil
Yishun Hub - Land size 40000 sq m, the largest plot among the 4. Who has the resources & experience???
Land price estimated $1100 mil above. Total units about 1050 - 1200 units. Sure will have many MMs.

xemz127
11-02-12, 11:43
Just to share

Bedok Res - Land size 24900 sq m, land price $789 mil
Punggol WT - Land size 30000 sq m, land price $1021 mil
Bukit Panjang - Land size 18954 sq m , land price $493 mil
Yishun Hub - Land size 40000 sq m, the largest plot among the 4. Who has the resources & experience???
Land price estimated $1100 mil above. Total units about 1050 - 1200 units. Sure will have many MMs.

it's really huge land to be developed! thanks for sharing! Yishun hub will help to kickstart the transformation or northern SG which always branded as ulu place by general public..

I think fraser n FEO might JV to share this fat meat! Northpoint belongs to fraser so no way they wana give up this!

Pro888
11-02-12, 13:44
it's really huge land to be developed! thanks for sharing! Yishun hub will help to kickstart the transformation or northern SG which always branded as ulu place by general public..

I think fraser n FEO might JV to share this fat meat! Northpoint belongs to fraser so no way they wana give up this!

With so many PC (northern & southern fringe of Yishun), EC and BTO coming up, the demand for 2nd mall is not an issue.

The JV expected to be the same as WT & Tenah Merah site since they are so happy with the WT receptions. Tenah Merah should be another hot site. No prob selling, so they will continue their JV with gd returns & lesser risk.

xemz127
11-02-12, 15:01
With so many PC (northern & southern fringe of Yishun), EC and BTO coming up, the demand for 2nd mall is not an issue.

The JV expected to be the same as WT & Tenah Merah site since they are so happy with the WT receptions. Tenah Merah should be another hot site. No prob selling, so they will continue their JV with gd returns & lesser risk.

now the MCC EC@yishun ave7 will soon be launched.. keep getting the agents' messages asking for registration of interest haha!! fast fast launch fast fast sold out.. else have to compete with this giant Yishun Hub.. MCC really have bad luck d having 4 projects concurrently at north... :scared-1:

Pro888
11-02-12, 15:40
now the MCC EC@yishun ave7 will soon be launched.. keep getting the agents' messages asking for registration of interest haha!! fast fast launch fast fast sold out.. else have to compete with this giant Yishun Hub.. MCC really have bad luck d having 4 projects concurrently at north... :scared-1:

Canopy is 98% sold.

This new one shldn't be any prob. The exclusiveness with all the pte housing around and like what you said, mrt in 4-6 years time. Downside risk is limited but the upside potential is there.

Most likely Q2 by looking at the progress on the site and the text msg you're getting.

xemz127
12-02-12, 09:04
Canopy is 98% sold.

This new one shldn't be any prob. The exclusiveness with all the pte housing around and like what you said, mrt in 4-6 years time. Downside risk is limited but the upside potential is there.

Most likely Q2 by looking at the progress on the site and the text msg you're getting.

If Q2 the Yishun Hub project is announced, then this EC will be affected somehow.. because it has really nothing nearby except for YS, YE and 8CY.. even wana find food court also have to go further away nearer to Yishun Hub.. unless the residents don't mind eating the thai food nearby at the industrial area la.. :spliff2:

i think the private landed housing residents at that parcel of land will feel sad.. because the large greeneries behind their houses are demolished to build the roads and future Simpang MRT.. now their house can see the MRT tracks everyday :doh:

I really have the guts feeling that the large site clearance along canberra link are future location of Simpang MRT and business/industrial/bto area... 10-20 years ba.. :D

Pro888
12-02-12, 09:39
If Q2 the Yishun Hub project is announced, then this EC will be affected somehow.. because it has really nothing nearby except for YS, YE and 8CY.. even wana find food court also have to go further away nearer to Yishun Hub.. unless the residents don't mind eating the thai food nearby at the industrial area la.. :spliff2:

i think the private landed housing residents at that parcel of land will feel sad.. because the large greeneries behind their houses are demolished to build the roads and future Simpang MRT.. now their house can see the MRT tracks everyday :doh:

I really have the guts feeling that the large site clearance along canberra link are future location of Simpang MRT and business/industrial/bto area... 10-20 years ba.. :D

There is still at least 8 mths lag as Yishun hub is still yet to call for tender. 2 mths invitation and 6mths to launch. Further targeting at different gp of ppl with at least 35 - 40% price different

Confirmed mrt will be there. It is just matter of time & development around.

xemz127
12-02-12, 10:58
There is still at least 8 mths lag as Yishun hub is still yet to call for tender. 2 mths invitation and 6mths to launch. Further targeting at different gp of ppl with at least 35 - 40% price different

Confirmed mrt will be there. It is just matter of time & development around.

possible!! everyone in north is waiting for this giant yishun hub!! the largest in sg haha!!

even if simpang MRT is built.. if Koh Brothers is to build another Moon Plaza there.. :tsk-tsk: don't want another lousy project since SBW has one already! i doubt it will be in 4-6 years.. because have to wait so many areas to saturate first then only will consider this Simpang area.. 10-20 years ba as said earlier...:spliff:

now the latest business hub should be the woodlands ave12 whole stretch of lands! Read the news the Primz Bizhub is selling hot.. investors already switched their big guns to shoot business/industrial .. residential slowly ramping down.. :sleep:

Pro888
27-02-12, 17:28
This is for yishun residents, apart from the proposed NSE.

SAP will be fully operational in 2014.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_BAD8B0D20B23F1BE482579B1003662FD/$file/PressRelease.pdf?openelement

If LTA can consider the "Outer circle line - Northern coastal line" that link up Yishun, Simpang (Reserve) Seletar, Punggol Pasir Ris to Airport, this will reduce the load on existing EW line and preparation of the up coming SAP etc.

mantrix
27-02-12, 21:21
Wow the 3 new road projects just proposed by gahmen will positively affect properties in yishun and yio chu kang...and generally the north. i expect to see more people looking at this oft ignored area now! With improved traffic and connectivity north is less n less ulu...and also less cheap :D

Pro888
27-02-12, 21:50
The price will be further increase if another mrt line being announced.

Changi Business Park, IBP, Tampines Ctrl, Paya Lebar, JLD.

Govt spending Bil $ on SAP, 10000 to 15000 people expected to be working there. I can't see any business park with no mrt line and it is wise to link up these areas esp. to Airport.

mantrix
28-02-12, 07:17
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1185527/1/.html

xemz127
28-02-12, 09:27
hehe!! sounds promising to the northlanders.. now we are just waiting for the TSL and NSE and NS12 and yishun hub and perhaps simpang plan!? am i the only one being optimistic haha! :D

mantrix
28-02-12, 10:07
hehe!! sounds promising to the northlanders.. now we are just waiting for the TSL and NSE and NS12 and yishun hub and perhaps simpang plan!? am i the only one being optimistic haha! :D

apart from NS12 and Simpang plan I think the rest are quite concrete....let's see...due to the suppressed price maybe upgraders around SG will gravitate here now LOL :D

Nman
28-02-12, 10:36

I believed NS 12 coming soon, may be they will anounce early nxt year and project complete before 2015,,,my 6 sense tel... :cheers3:

NorthernStar
28-02-12, 10:54
Wow the 3 new road projects just proposed by gahmen will positively affect properties in yishun and yio chu kang...and generally the north. i expect to see more people looking at this oft ignored area now! With improved traffic and connectivity north is less n less ulu...and also less cheap :D

Will the new road connect Yishun ave 6 and selatar pass through Simpang area? Will there a new bridge? ;) If this are real, Simpang town is coming....in 15-20 years time...at least, we see the road now.:D

Nman
28-02-12, 11:55
Will the new road connect Yishun ave 6 and selatar pass through Simpang area? Will there a new bridge? ;) If this are real, Simpang town is coming....in 15-20 years time...at least, we see the road now.:D

15 ~20 year time I 60++. No mode already.

NorthernStar
28-02-12, 12:50

Went to Punggol Waterway last weekends. There are still many empty lands waiting for development. Sad but it is true that Simpang Town may not be realised in short term and so for the N12. :banghead:

suggestion: build Simpang a coastal duty-free shopping street first? :cool: or.. the 3rd IR with water sports but without casino...:D

NorthernStar
28-02-12, 15:00
http://www.zaobao.com.sg/ssi/artimg/20120228/sp005.jpg

Nman
28-02-12, 16:01
Went to Punggol Waterway last weekends. There are still many empty lands waiting for development. Sad but it is true that Simpang Town may not be realised in short term and so for the N12. :banghead:

suggestion: build Simpang a coastal duty-free shopping street first? :cool: or.. the 3rd IR with water sports but without casino...:D

Yes, Although I not a gambler, but i dun mind IR with casino over there. Create more job oppoturnity / tighten control on casino enterance or do not allow local to enter,etc. Simpang near sea, I hope some of the land reserve for Disneyland.:D :cheers3:

lindatlc
28-02-12, 18:42
Yes, Although I not a gambler, but i dun mind IR with casino over there. Create more job oppoturnity / tighten control on casino enterance or do not allow local to enter,etc. Simpang near sea, I hope some of the land reserve for Disneyland.:D :cheers3:
It is reported in the Chinese newspaper tonite tat yishunmrt
Is very crowded n wanted the authority to do something.

mlvlee
28-02-12, 21:55

Lastly,we want the new hawker centre to be built in this area. :tongue3: The government always take care of Punggol or rather Northeast and Tampines ppl (Sorry no offended). Don't forget our beloved northlanders,we pay the same S & C charges to town council just like the rest of the HDB housing estate, we shall enjoy the same facilities and amenity!:cheers5:

NorthernStar
29-02-12, 07:07
The revealed new road at the Yishun Ave 1 and Ave 6 is different from Master Plan 2008. So, is URA changing plan?

btw, no more bbq, picnic, dating at the Lower Seletar dam along the Yishun ave 1 once the new road is done.

xemz127
29-02-12, 08:16
The revealed new road at the Yishun Ave 1 and Ave 6 is different from Master Plan 2008. So, is URA changing plan?

btw, no more bbq, picnic, dating at the Lower Seletar dam along the Yishun ave 1 once the new road is done.

yeah... the LTA perhaps have done some soil testing or budget cost cutting and decided not to build another parallel roads already .... so Simpang plan has vanished already.... :beats-me-man:

Nman
29-02-12, 08:46
It is reported in the Chinese newspaper tonite tat yishunmrt
Is very crowded n wanted the authority to do something.

Yesterday read Sin Min LTA never mentioned another option is NS12, but I believed they hve in mind, may be is not the right time to anounce, so we have to wk hard. I Think NS12 only statn can clear the crowd at yishun MRT by cater for industrial park people, PC people and nearby HDB resdn.. they noneed to sqe in Yishun mrt station.

mantrix
29-02-12, 09:44
Yesterday read Sin Min LTA never mentioned another option is NS12, but I believed they hve in mind, may be is not the right time to anounce, so we have to wk hard. I Think NS12 only statn can clear the crowd at yishun MRT by cater for industrial park people, PC people and nearby HDB resdn.. they noneed to sqe in Yishun mrt station.

they need Thomson line to ease...or improve the frequency of the trains, which they are doing...

Pro888
29-02-12, 12:17
I think the complaint was within the Yishun mrt compound itself.

With the massive BTO & Pte housing coming up soon, even the upgrade is not possible to support, but only interim solution.

Only 1 long term solution which is many ppl wish for the NS12.
A feeder bus service ferry btw Sembawang & Yishun interchange via Yishun ave 6

xemz127
29-02-12, 12:36
I think the complaint was within the Yishun mrt compound itself.

With the massive BTO & Pte housing coming up soon, even the upgrade is not possible to support, but only interim solution.

Only 1 long term solution which is many ppl wish for the NS12.
A feeder bus service ferry btw Sembawang & Yishun interchange via Yishun ave 6

from the paper the LTA and SMRT only concerns about the Yishun MRT station itself. No doubt the long term solution is NS12 but it will take years to realize because of the construction and justification (not many ppl staying there except for few condos and small industrial parks nearby)

short term solution is no doubt the upgrade of the yishun MRT...

NS12 hasn't gotten any attention yet because.... the complain sound is not LOUD enough... someone who can write the complain letters to the Sin Ming then LTA will respond properly like that... :banghead:

FH99
29-02-12, 12:49
Any impact for the newly proposed highway linkage?

NorthernStar
29-02-12, 13:50
Any impact for the newly proposed highway linkage?

1. good for SAP. Next time can go directly to CTE without go thru Jalan kayu - TPE - YCK road.

2. good for the car owner stay near to Yishun Ave 6. They don't need to go big round to Lentor ave before hitting CTE. Many HDB (>1000 units) are under construction between Yishun Ave 6, 9 and Ring road. Let say, these units are ready in 3 years time. The new linkage just in time to ease the traffic for the new housing estate here.

3. Lentor will be less congested

4. original master plan indicate the road connect all the way to Sembawang road. Too bad LTA cut it short. if they can extend the road next time, it will benefit to those landed near Sembawang Park.

Nman
29-02-12, 16:08
from the paper the LTA and SMRT only concerns about the Yishun MRT station itself. No doubt the long term solution is NS12 but it will take years to realize because of the construction and justification (not many ppl staying there except for few condos and small industrial parks nearby)

short term solution is no doubt the upgrade of the yishun MRT...

NS12 hasn't gotten any attention yet because.... the complain sound is not LOUD enough... someone who can write the complain letters to the Sin Ming then LTA will respond properly like that... :banghead:

May be cannot anounce at this moment, they worry EC beside 8cy long Q, CM5 serve no purpose. Wait for another 6 month and see how.:doh:

Pro888
02-03-12, 00:35
1. good for SAP. Next time can go directly to CTE without go thru Jalan kayu - TPE - YCK road.

2. good for the car owner stay near to Yishun Ave 6. They don't need to go big round to Lentor ave before hitting CTE. Many HDB (>1000 units) are under construction between Yishun Ave 6, 9 and Ring road. Let say, these units are ready in 3 years time. The new linkage just in time to ease the traffic for the new housing estate here.

3. Lentor will be less congested

4. original master plan indicate the road connect all the way to Sembawang road. Too bad LTA cut it short. if they can extend the road next time, it will benefit to those landed near Sembawang Park.

Pt 4 - Near term quick solution and this road provides connectivity for Yishun residential estate. The other road that you have mentioned that connects up to Sembawang rd will be served for residential (Yishun Sembawang) & industrial (Yishun Woodlands) purposes, not in the near term.

Pro888
02-03-12, 00:42
The largest increase of 52 percent in commercial rates in the Seletar area despite a lack of recent transactions suggests that the Chief Valuer could be ‘playing’ catch up with the market value in the area.

What does the above suggest (on latest DC rates) ?

SAP is so close to Yishun

Nman
02-03-12, 08:19
The largest increase of 52 percent in commercial rates in the Seletar area despite a lack of recent transactions suggests that the Chief Valuer could be ‘playing’ catch up with the market value in the area.

What does the above suggest (on latest DC rates) ?

SAP is so close to Yishun

Hi, with current DC rate can affect private property price down?

Pro888
02-03-12, 23:42
Hi, with current DC rate can affect private property price down?

Next phase of growth for sg.

Can JLD, CBP, IBP etc provide this since you have one CBD ? Still in the same business & industry.

What will the govt do ? The com. DC rate increased a whopping 52%

solsys
04-03-12, 21:36
Channel 8 news report that Sembawang park will have a battleship playground that can house up to 60 children. Work in progress and target to complete in Jun 2012.

Now we just need a MacDonald next to it.

Pro888
04-03-12, 22:18
Channel 8 news report that Sembawang park will have a battleship playground that can house up to 60 children. Work in progress and target to complete in Jun 2012.

Hopefully will be more than that. Will share if i have more info. :D

xemz127
05-03-12, 12:35

heheh!!! cool!! sembawang upgrade in progress!!! no more ULU hopefully!!! :cool:

Pro888
05-03-12, 21:22
Yishun mrt going to have some upgrading very soon. Latest info.

solsys
05-03-12, 21:27
Hopefully will be more than that. Will share if i have more info. :D

Yes, hope so.. :D

I wrote a long email to KBW on what else can be added to Sembawang Park, MRT station, and etc......

Early congrats to northerners! The next 10 years belong to us!

Pro888
05-03-12, 21:36

I wrote a long email to KBW on what else can be added to Sembawang Park, MRT station, and etc......

How abt the idea of having a downtown North with chalets ?

mantrix
05-03-12, 21:39

that would be uptown north, not down :)

Down is South :D

Pro888
05-03-12, 21:39

Did he reply?

solsys
05-03-12, 21:48
Did he reply?

He replied a one liner saying it will be considered.

Emailed him a few times, always one liner reply.

I think constructive comments are welcome.

Pro888
05-03-12, 21:55
He replied a one liner saying it will be considered.

Emailed him a few times, always one liner reply.

I think constructive comments are welcome.

Not in his priority list. Busy solving the existing problems, but shld be ok now since BTO flats & price issue hmm.....solved.

NorthernStar
06-03-12, 06:33
Wait for the shipyard to be removed first? any idea when will it happen? :D

xemz127
06-03-12, 09:37
Wait for the shipyard to be removed first? any idea when will it happen? :D

haha.. i don't think it's possible in 10 years time.. it's a big engineering to build another shipyard somewhere else.. :beats-me-man:

yyly1327
10-03-12, 14:59
Which is a better buy, yishun emerald or sun plaza condo? Sun plaza is next to mrt stn but the units and common area are not well maintained. Yishun emerald has potential of future ns12 mrt stn. Any comments ??

mantrix
10-03-12, 17:41
Which is a better buy, yishun emerald or sun plaza condo? Sun plaza is next to mrt stn but the units and common area are not well maintained. Yishun emerald has potential of future ns12 mrt stn. Any comments ??

Sunplaza. Already the location is much better. Even if NS12 does happen, you will need to wait many years before you can enjoy the new convenience. But you'll need to put up with the construction before then.

For Sunplaza, when the mall revamp comes in 2 years, further congratz. :)
Given Centro at AMK with its mall/MRT/bus interchange/condo combo has crossed 1500pf and Sunplaza is around 700+ thereabouts (and Sembawang is 4 stations away) this is a poor man's Centro :D

ahsoh88
10-03-12, 18:27
Next phrase of growth is going to be at Seletar, Fernvale which is much
nearer to Seletar Aerospace !

rattydrama
10-03-12, 21:16

sun plaza but I donbt you can find anything cheap as the sqf is quite big so in the end you have to pay for higher quantum.

Pro888
10-03-12, 21:32

Just to share

Factory space acquired now empty just nice for mrt station and new road next to it along the mrt line has a bus bay. Once LTA announce to build mrt stn, price will shoot up.

Pro888
10-03-12, 21:37
Just to share

Factory space acquired now empty just nice for mrt station and new road next to it along the mrt line has a bus bay. Once LTA announce to build mrt stn, price will shoot up.

At Sungei Kadut. So both stn (NS6 & NS12) will be tendered to 1 contractor.

mantrix
10-03-12, 21:47
sun plaza but I donbt you can find anything cheap as the sqf is quite big so in the end you have to pay for higher quantum.

actually i would consider that 'normal size' though the new 'norm' is 3 bedders around 1K sq ft nowadays... :doh:

if for self-stay, i recommend Sun - Ratty you would know best since you stay next to a mall/MRT yourself :D

xemz127
10-03-12, 22:00
Just to share

Haha bro 888! How I wish you are the transport minister in disguise.. You will surely give us many nice gifts and good news to the Canberra residents haha! :cheers4:

xemz127
10-03-12, 22:27
At Sungei Kadut. So both stn (NS6 & NS12) will be tendered to 1 contractor.

Mcc will submit tenders? Since this Canberra area is monopolized by them d haha! :p :p

xemz127
10-03-12, 22:29
actually i would consider that 'normal size' though the new 'norm' is 3 bedders around 1K sq ft nowadays... :doh:

if for self-stay, i recommend Sun - Ratty you would know best since you stay next to a mall/MRT yourself :D

But the MRT tracks are not underground here leh.. Everyday listening to MRT music is damn annoying.. :tsk-tsk:

Pro888
10-03-12, 22:35
Mcc will submit tenders? Since this Canberra area is monopolized by them d haha! :p :p

Mcc is not in this area and not certified. Different class.

xemz127
10-03-12, 22:42
Mcc is not in this area and not certified. Different class.

hard to imagine if this NS12 has another mall.. don't wanna see another lousy sun plaza here!! :simmering:

solsys
10-03-12, 22:52
hard to imagine if this NS12 has another mall.. don't wanna see another lousy sun plaza here!! :simmering:

Commercial Business hub integrated with MRT? :2cents:

xemz127
10-03-12, 23:10
Commercial Business hub integrated with MRT? :2cents:

this is much better than mall plus MRT.. too many stations like this already haha!

Pro888
10-03-12, 23:33
20 -30 shops will be just nice. Too crowded will destroy the peacefulness. The big one goes to Yishun hub.

Small player not easy to get any land near mrt liao ! No way.

solsys
11-03-12, 10:05
this is much better than mall plus MRT.. too many stations like this already haha!

There's a good chance it may be a business hub with MRT, because i think the area is zoned for commercial instead of residential.

Bro Pro888, can confirm with your Masterplan expertise?

mlvlee
11-03-12, 16:57
There's a good chance it may be a business hub with MRT, because i think the area is zoned for commercial instead of residential.

GeXin (Sad), the new hawker centre will not be built in Sembawang, no direct bus ply from this area to city, where is the sport hub? Run down SunPlaza mall, no town centre, NS12 no news! :simmering:

KWB, where are you? Do something for Sembawang residences!:gun3:

mantrix
11-03-12, 21:41
GeXin (Sad), the new hawker centre will not be built in Sembawang, no direct bus ply from this area to city, where is the sport hub? Run down SunPlaza mall, no town centre, NS12 no news! :simmering:

never mind the grammar, but you can't even get his name right, how to help you? :D

mlvlee
11-03-12, 21:58
never mind the grammar, but you can't even get his name right, how to help you? :D

Sorry typo mistake, but I don't think KBW will help me, I am nothing.

Komo
11-03-12, 23:23
need to convince CAPL to come here first :D

Pro888
12-03-12, 23:12
Some action on the ground at upcoming Yishun hub noticed today. Probably after the launch of Canberra EC.

Pro888
12-03-12, 23:16

Me no expert. Paiseh.

But the empty plot is zoned for Residential and most likely will be mixed development.

Pro888
12-03-12, 23:29

Yishun will be getting another Hawker Ctr. Most likely at N5. Hmm....Sembawang???

xemz127
13-03-12, 07:02
Yishun will be getting another Hawker Ctr. Most likely at N5. Hmm....Sembawang???

sembawang ah...... sembawang kampung lo.. makan self-planted potato ok d... hawker centre only for not-so-ulu-place... :bang head:

btw.. bro888 how you know yishun will get 2 hawker centers ah? can ask them build at canberra area or not... :ashamed1:

NorthernStar
13-03-12, 07:43
Will the new hawker centers impact the property price?

i rather they put at least 800m away from my home.. prefer quiet place rather than the cars/ppl noise + food smell. ;)

Attract more restaurants to setup in SSC will do.:D

mantrix
13-03-12, 09:32
Will the new hawker centers impact the property price?

i rather they put at least 800m away from my home.. prefer quiet place rather than the cars/ppl noise + food smell. ;)

Attract more restaurants to setup in SSC will do.:D

300m is ideal...800m way too far lah

NorthernStar
13-03-12, 13:24
300m is ideal...800m way too far lah
i scare ppl park car in front of my unit if there are not enough car park lots :D

800m is a comfortable stroll before and after meal and yet ppl hardly illegal park their car so far to irritate you...if rain or hot sun, drive to nearby shopping center to eat then..:rolleyes:

Nman
13-03-12, 13:34
i scare ppl park car in front of my unit if there are not enough car park lots :D

800m is a comfortable stroll before and after meal and yet ppl hardly illegal park their car so far to irritate you...if rain or hot sun, drive to nearby shopping center to eat then..:rolleyes:

Agreed with you, may be 500m ok liao.

solsys
13-03-12, 17:01

Wow, if they do, KBW must have shared my idea with them.

xemz127
14-03-12, 09:23
Wow, if they do, KBW must have shared my idea with them.

anyway i think it's quite obvious that the sembawang area is always neglected in the planning at the current stage.. even the new hawker centre is built in yishun and admiralty which sandwiched the sembawang :beats-me-man:

NorthernStar
15-03-12, 08:18
The Sembawang-Yishun Town Council's logo. Wonder why they didn't explain the Orange and Yellow colour? :)

http://www.snstc.org.sg/public/userfiles/file/logo%20rationale.jpg

xemz127
15-03-12, 09:25
The Sembawang-Yishun Town Council's logo. Wonder why they didn't explain the Orange and Yellow colour? :)

http://www.snstc.org.sg/public/userfiles/file/logo%20rationale.jpg

haha orange colours represent the new development.. coz need to demolish many forests to become land to make way for future development haha :spliff:

yellow means "ong" lai liao.... cash ka-chng ka-chng into north region :D

NorthernStar
16-03-12, 08:23
haiz.. meaning that North ppl really like parks and water. :D

Once Thomson line ready, we are easier to access upper Seletar Resevior and we will be happier. :D

xemz127
16-03-12, 09:31
haiz.. meaning that North ppl really like parks and water. :D

Once Thomson line ready, we are easier to access upper Seletar Resevior and we will be happier. :D

haha... TSL only benefits the Woodlands to thomson to city residents.. yishun and sembawang residents don't really benefit much lah... :o

NorthernStar
16-03-12, 11:25
haha... TSL only benefits the Woodlands to thomson to city residents.. yishun and sembawang residents don't really benefit much lah... :o
Still ok for ppl in Sembawang and Yishun. At least not so crowded in trains (hopefully).

solsys
19-03-12, 23:20
One hawker centre near Canopy.

One hawker centre near Woodsvale and Northoaks.

:spliff:

ralfale
20-03-12, 22:56
Confirm building new hawker center near canopy?

azeoprop
20-03-12, 23:15

Yah, should be at that empty field beside the neighbourhood centre.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Potential+locations+of+the+seven+new+Hawker+Centres/

NorthernStar
21-03-12, 06:59
yup. some where near the Yishun park and Canopy.

Thought this area has at least 3 coffee shops inside the neighborhood? NEA want to kill these food stalls? or they want to attracts these stalls to be their tenants? :D I think parking is an issue as i don't see many car parks nearby.

Nman
21-03-12, 10:07
Sian lah Smbawang / canberra got nothing

solsys
21-03-12, 22:59

Relax, got Chong Pang.

NorthernStar
21-03-12, 23:13
Opp YS, you can find the always crowded Thai food,

Opp SSC, you can have the Hong Kong Restaurant, White bee hoon, Curry fish head, and the more authentic Thai Restaurant. I find all these restaurants are nice!

inside the estate, you can find the bak kut noodle.

nearby got Chong Pang, so, you don't need to worry about the food. :D

Can always drop by the new hawker center after you have jogged in the Yishun park or coming back from OCC..;)

Nman
22-03-12, 09:21

Opp SSC, you can have the Hong Kong Restaurant, White bee hoon, Curry fish head, and the more authentic Thai Restaurant. I find all these restaurants are nice!

Can always drop by the new hawker center after you have jogged in the Yishun park or coming back from OCC..;)

Yah, the Thi food there always crowded, taste ok la, but not very special, everyweek eat till sian, may be most of them lazy walk to chong phang

mantrix
22-03-12, 09:33
Yah, the Thi food there always crowded, taste ok la, but not very special, everyweek eat till sian, may be most of them lazy walk to chong phang

they are cheap....and fast. Also when you pay the bill they will deduct 2-3 dollars off makes you feel you got a bargain...LOL

NorthernStar
22-03-12, 10:02
they are cheap....and fast. Also when you pay the bill they will deduct 2-3 dollars off makes you feel you got a bargain...LOL
You meant the one opp YS? Went there 2 times. Food are ok but cheap. I guess that's why so many ppl. :D

Nman
22-03-12, 10:54
You meant the one opp YS? Went there 2 times. Food are ok but cheap. I guess that's why so many ppl. :D

Agreed, look like the place going to upgrade soon. is better to enlarge and increase more stall with various choice of food..

solsys
25-03-12, 13:14

What's this Bak Kut Noodle thing?

Nice or not? and in which estate?

Komo
25-03-12, 13:56
ya lor... only know the bak kut teh at the mall...where is the noodle one?:confused:

NorthernStar
25-03-12, 22:48
What's this Bak Kut Noodle thing?

Nice or not? and in which estate?

emm.. thought one of the forumer mentioned before. It is inside a coffee shop along Jln Malu-malu. To me the noodle (or mee) is so so, but their bak kut soup is nice. :)

http://soulpeng.blogspot.com/2010/11/happy-kampong-bak-kut-mee-jalan-malu.html

http://blogpress.w18.net/photos/10/11/11/1169.jpg

solsys
29-03-12, 13:49
Nothing happening in the north so talk about Food.

Check out this 动力鸡车, Taiwan Delights in Sun Plaza that serves not bad fried chicken cutlets and thighs.

Go for the main dish and forget the sides.

Sdk65h
08-04-12, 17:36
Check out the development in the north

- MASTERPLAN 2008
- schools and shopping
- industry , translate to more expats - high rental - high resale

Check out : www.tenlaunches.com

solsys
08-04-12, 20:56
Nothing happening in the north so talk about Food.

Check out this 动力鸡车, Taiwan Delights in Sun Plaza that serves not bad fried chicken cutlets and thighs.

Go for the main dish and forget the sides.

Soup lovers check out the coffee shop at Northlink building along Admiralty Road West and Sembawang drive.

xemz127
09-04-12, 15:54
Soup lovers check out the coffee shop at Northlink building along Admiralty Road West and Sembawang drive.

malu-malu zichar at jalan sendudok also not bad.. the asam nyonya fish-head :cool-punk-headbange

p3nboy
18-04-12, 12:29
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/303047/1/.html

happening now in central.....

hyenergix
18-04-12, 21:16
News is dated 2007. Now it is 2012, so I don't think it is attractive for specialists to be located at Yishun.

solsys
18-04-12, 22:10
This news I have never seen before.

10-15 years later..... when CCR become rich playground.... most of the white collars of the new generation will move north.

If you look around Khoo Teck Phuat..... alot of empty land, so the possibility is there.

Slightly further north upcoming Yishun Hub and up further north is the business, light industrial plot yet to build up......

Hmmmm...... :cheers1: