PDA

View Full Version : MRT vs Location

testtest
17-09-11, 11:49
Assuming two properties having the same price, area, psf, layout, facing, amenities etc.

Property A is located in a central location, e.g. Bishan, far from MRT >1km.
Property B is located in far north, e.g. Pungol, but near MRT <200m.

Which one is a better buy and why? Should i get a better location or nearer to MRT? or its a no brainer? Just for discussion, no flaming pls :)

buttercarp
17-09-11, 11:52
If buy to stay, I will buy the Bishan one as it is more centralised and I don't use MRT.
If buy to rent out, then I buy the Punggol one cos properties very near MRT are great investments.

linchong84
17-09-11, 11:53
Assuming two properties having the same price, area, psf, layout, facing, amenities etc.

Which one is a better buy and why? Should i get a better location or nearer to MRT? or its a no brainer? Just for discussion, no flaming pls :)

you are trying to say clover vs ATT? But their price different by a lot leh..

I think you can change the question to minton vs ATT, easier for people to compare..

Anyway if its clover vs ATT and their price are the same, of course get clover and everyone will say it's a no brainer.. real market prices also reflect this.. so you cant really compare centre non-MRT vs far north MRT..

Like i say a better comparison can be a more ulu minton vs ATT where market prices are similar than the comparison will be more sensible..

DC33_2008
17-09-11, 12:10
Will go for punggol as there will be more upside and near mrt station. How much more upside for Bishan especially with more than 1km to the mrt station? Noise next to Bishan mrt like capitaland coming launches at $1450psf. How many will bite and especially the surrounding sites of highrise residential? Will it be a sell-out like ATT? There will be more upside with a lower base. There is exception at Bishan unless a very good school is relocated or new shopping mall next to the Bishan site.

testtest
17-09-11, 12:10
you are trying to say clover vs ATT? But their price different by a lot leh..

I think you can change the question to minton vs ATT, easier for people to compare..

Or it can be The Quartz vs The Gardens at Bishan....it is not my intend to to give actual condo example as people will start to compare which is better etc. The intend is to compare MRT vs Location.

thomastansb
17-09-11, 12:11
I will choose Punggol any time. Bishan is not even central to begin with. It is a suburban vs suburban.. I will choose MRT. Somemore, price much cheaper.

linchong84
17-09-11, 12:16
I will choose Punggol any time. Bishan is not even central to begin with. It is a suburban vs suburban.. I will choose MRT. Somemore, price much cheaper.

his assumption is price is the same.. that's means eg, clover 850psf.. you will choose ATT over clover in that kind of same price scenario?

Anyway testtest said "centre", not "central".. Bishan is indeed in the centre of Singapore..

testtest
17-09-11, 12:19
The Bishan and Punggol are only examples....what I am asking if will you buy one that you considered in a superior location but far from MRT OR one that is not so good location but super near to MRT.

DC33_2008
17-09-11, 12:19
Same price mean absolute price but will be much smaller in Bishan. 3 bedder in Punggol and 2 bedder or 1+1 in Bishan.
his assumption is price is the same.. that's means eg, clover 850psf.. you will choose ATT over clover in that kind of same price scenario?

Anyway testtest said "centre", not "central".. Bishan is indeed in the centre of Singapore..

linchong84
17-09-11, 12:22
Same price mean absolute price but will be much smaller in Bishan. 3 bedder in Punggol and 2 bedder or 1+1 in Bishan.

haha.. no lah.. u read his opening post..

it's something like twin units that look exactly the same except in different location..

Anyway testtest, location is very subjective and have many different levels of "grades".. Without specific examples it's hard to compare as it gets too generic and ambiguous..

GSLJ
17-09-11, 13:39

Which one is a better buy and why? Should i get a better location or nearer to MRT? or its a no brainer? Just for discussion, no flaming pls :)Given all stats/price the same and only difference of proximity to MRT..

Whether for stay or investment, I will definitely go for only property A.

Rysk
17-09-11, 14:05
I definitely choose central location over far location with MRT:) .. unless a person is 100% rely on MRT to go out/in

Worsty
17-09-11, 14:17
I definitely choose central location over far location with MRT:) .. unless a person is 100% rely on MRT to go out/in

or if you bought a place next to joo koon mrt and works at joo koon or expo mrt and works at CBP , only do online shopping etc :D

Your kids will hate you though..away from everything else

irisng
17-09-11, 14:32

Yes! Yes! If I have the choice, I will definitely choose central area given everything the same (floor area, price etc). I had stayed in central before and now staying in suburban area and I know how much time spend during my travelling. Unless you are 100% depending on the MRT and not on any buses or cars, then maybe near to MRT is your best choice but again, depend on where you work and most of the time where you go.:o

toufu
17-09-11, 16:35
depends

Let's say

Far north MRT <200m = 3mins to station + wait for train 3 mins + 20 mins to town = 26 mins

Central MRT> 1km. = 6mins wait for feeder bus, 6 mins to MRT + 3 mins wait for train + 12 mins to town = 27 mins

I will choose MRT <200m far north and cheaper yet faster to town.

DC33_2008
17-09-11, 16:49
Unless development is wthin City fringe, anything outside and not walking distance will take a while to reach town either by car or bus. So, mrt will help them to save some time. It still boils down to how many stations to reach town and not just the physical distance of the mrt line to town.

cl0ver
17-09-11, 22:57
how about this?

These are indicative current prices of 1.7m

Clover (1600sqft), Mera Springs (1300sqft), Amaryllis Ville (1260sqft)
Both Clover and AV are LH99 but MS is FH
AV seems the best location, 3mins walk to Utd Sq and in between 2 MRTs.
MS is FH, but very close to CTE but the nearest to City...
Clover is center of Singapore, facing the park and near many HDB amenities.. bigger in size but not livable spaces..

WHICH WILL YOU CHOOSE AND WHY?

howgozit
17-09-11, 23:18
how about this?

Clover is center of Singapore, facing the park and near many HDB amenities.. bigger in size but not livable spaces..

My choice in order of preference

1. AV - proximity to MRT, United Square, Orchard, Newton. Highly liveable for own stay and rental
2. Clover - proximity to HDB amenities. Highly liveable for own stay, moderate for rental
3. MS - wrong side of CTE, noise fm CTE

buttercarp
17-09-11, 23:21
My choice in order of preference

1. AV - proximity to MRT, United Square, Orchard, Newton. Highly liveable for own stay and rental
2. Clover - proximity to HDB amenities. Highly liveable for own stay, moderate for rental
3. MS - wrong side of CTE, noise fm CTE

I'll go with howgozit for similar reasons.

cl0ver
17-09-11, 23:42
good to know that people would pick location over FH

ecimbew
17-09-11, 23:48
how about this?

Is that why you sold your unit at clover?

cl0ver
17-09-11, 23:51
Is that why you sold your unit at clover?
not really, i sold because some nice couple offered me my BUY NOW price...

cl0ver
18-09-11, 00:19
depends

Let's say

Far north MRT <200m = 3mins to station + wait for train 3 mins + 20 mins to town = 26 mins

Central MRT> 1km. = 6mins wait for feeder bus, 6 mins to MRT + 3 mins wait for train + 12 mins to town = 27 mins

bias reply just because you bought ATT?
how can you claim it to be faster by an arbitrary 1min calculation? lol!
what if you want to go Orchard? or work in Raffles Place? NEL must change at DG rite? the walk from NEL to NSL or CEL is at least 5mins! plus another 3mins wait and 3 mins train...
and after midnite your cab ride could be more to Far North compared to Central :rolleyes:

linchong84
18-09-11, 00:29
bias reply just because you bought ATT?
how can you claim it to be faster by an arbitrary 1min calculation? lol!
what if you want to go Orchard? or work in Raffles Place? NEL must change at DG rite? the walk from NEL to NSL or CEL is at least 5mins! plus another 3mins wait and 3 mins train...
and after midnite your cab ride could be more to Far North compared to Central :rolleyes:

Although his views are biased, but he's also too positive about the non-mrt timing to reach town.. Bus waiting can be very long and bus can travel and stop for very long too.. Timing should be about the same lah..

Actually got money buy condo why want to save on car.. it's hard to live without a car.. if have a car, the one at the centre will be better..

DC33_2008
18-09-11, 11:16
FH and in CBD will be ultimate choice.
good to know that people would pick location over FH

august
18-09-11, 11:26
Will go for punggol as there will be more upside and near mrt station. How much more upside for Bishan especially with more than 1km to the mrt station? Noise next to Bishan mrt like capitaland coming launches at $1450psf. How many will bite and especially the surrounding sites of highrise residential? Will it be a sell-out like ATT? There will be more upside with a lower base. There is exception at Bishan unless a very good school is relocated or new shopping mall next to the Bishan site.

for ownstay or investment?

amk
18-09-11, 11:31
How about MRT and location and FH ? ;) This is not impossible even with your 1.7m budget.

august
18-09-11, 11:32

robinson suites? :scared-5:

DC33_2008
18-09-11, 11:33
No bias interest as I have not bought any at ATT. Ownstay for ATT and wait for cap appreciation which may take a longer time. Too high to enter Bishan project with limited upside for $1450psf at least for the next 5 years. Design may not bite at this place and too many highrise around in future. Just an opinion. Bishan Mall is not great.
for ownstay or investment?

DC33_2008
18-09-11, 11:35
Boils down to size. :)
How about MRT and location and FH ? ;) This is not impossible even with your 1.7m budget.

DC33_2008
18-09-11, 11:36
Good location but layout is quite poor. Older ones are better at better $psf.
robinson suites? :scared-5:

evergreen
18-09-11, 11:44

I will choose property A for sure.
Even if a person takes public transport, taking a bus to MRT station then taking the train to town will be much faster than taking a direct train all the way from far north.
Also, there may be a need to take a taxi sometimes. It's extremely difficult to get a taxi from far north or get a taxi driver to agree to take me there.
Also, there is too much empty land in the far north. Potential for price appreciation is limited because the land supply is high.

Jonathan0503
18-09-11, 11:55

FH and just 1 street from CBD even better:D

testtest
18-09-11, 12:07
So far the tally is:
A : B
4 : 3

- Property A is located in a central location, e.g. Bishan, far from MRT >1km.
GSLJ
Rysk
irisng
evergreen

- Property B is located in far north, e.g. Pungol, but near MRT <200m.
DC33_2008
thomastansb
toufu

Regulators
18-09-11, 13:31
There are also unpopular places near mrt and in the central...geylang :D

DC33_2008
18-09-11, 13:35
That is city fringe. Depends on which part of CBD.

cl0ver
18-09-11, 15:58
why the infatuation to live near CBD? weekends, cbd areas are dead....

FH+MRT+Central = 1.7m = MM units?

cl0ver
18-09-11, 16:02

where lah? Tiong Bharu?

Rysk
18-09-11, 16:06
depends

Let's say

That's why is depend whether you are 100% rely on MRT or not!

For me, I'm not cos I'm driving.. I stay near Novena & I took me approx. 10-15mins to/from town for work or shopping or meet my frens..

Another fren of mine who stay Woodlands who is also driving go home the same time as me.. took almost 40-45mins to reach home after paying 2 x ERP gantries.. jam at CTE.. 4 times of my petrol.. then reach his home... by then I already took my shower & begin to have my nice & warm dinner:D
He say go town also sibeh sigh.. jam & jam.. sometimes pay & pay.. waste petrol.. waste his time.. just to have coffee session with me at Orchard:D

cl0ver
18-09-11, 16:13

For me, I'm not cos I'm driving.. I stay near Novena & I took me approx. 10-15mins to/from town for work or shopping or meet my frens..

Another fren of mine who stay Woodlands who is also driving go home the same time as me.. took almost 40-45mins to reach home after paying 2 x ERP gantries.. jam at CTE.. 4 times of my petrol.. then reach his home... by then I already took my shower & begin to have my nice & warm dinner:D
He say go town also sibeh sigh.. jam & jam.. sometimes pay & pay.. waste petrol.. waste his time.. just to have coffee session with me at Orchard:D

how come never return the favour and have bahkuteh with him in JB?
:tongue3:

anyway, it is very true.... my current place is Sengkang and i find that its really time wasting that we travel so much in such a small country.
Clover would not save me much time but luckily it gave me an opportunity to sell now and move somewhere even nearer.....

irisng
18-09-11, 16:19
why the infatuation to live near CBD? weekends, cbd areas are dead....

FH+MRT+Central = 1.7m = MM units?

My brother-in-law bought a condo next to the Great World City for 1.6m (not sure about the floor area, didn't ask him).

Rysk
18-09-11, 16:24
how come never return the favour and have bahkuteh with him in JB?
:tongue3:

anyway, it is very true.... my current place is Sengkang and i find that its really time wasting that we travel so much in such a small country.
Clover would not save me much time but luckily it gave me an opportunity to sell now and move somewhere even nearer.....

JB is near for him.. but sometimes the jam at causeway can cause almost 2-hrs just to eat a nice bowl of BKT in JB.. & maybe x 2 more hrs just to reach home..... total 4-hrs not worth it. So troublesome!! Kena rob in JB even worst..

Better I walk down 5 mins to Balestier Founder of BKT or 2 mins drive to Rangoon Rd Huang Ah Sai there eat lah... haha:D

cl0ver
18-09-11, 16:44
JB is near for him.. but sometimes the jam at causeway can cause almost 2-hrs just to eat a nice bowl of BKT in JB.. & maybe x 2 more hrs just to reach home..... total 4-hrs not worth it. So troublesome!! Kena rob in JB even worst..

Better I walk down 5 mins to Balestier Founder of BKT or 2 mins drive to Rangoon Rd Huang Ah Sai there eat lah... haha:D

dont like pepper BKT, but Klang BKT at Beach Road is nice too, so ok lah, 10mins drive from Novena....

cl0ver
18-09-11, 16:44
duplicate.............

cl0ver
18-09-11, 16:52
My brother-in-law bought a condo next to the Great World City for 1.6m (not sure about the floor area, didn't ask him).

GWC is not near MRT leh....
and is it FH and at least 1200sqft?

buttercarp
18-09-11, 17:03
Side track abit.....
For those who love plain white type of bak kut teh (not the black peppery type) I recommend this brand. Lovely, just add water and few cloves of garlic and the bak kut and voila.... eat with rice, kiam chye and you char kuay.
No need to go all the way to JB lah.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/2826308263_334318394b.jpg

evergreen
18-09-11, 22:28

When I lived in central area, I would call my friends to meet me near my place. They don't mind cos it's central. Saves me time :)

Now I live far from the city so I meet my friends less often. I find it troublesome to meet after work or on weekends in town. Anti-social :p

I would pay more to live closer to city. Saves times commuting for work and leisure.

Side track abit.....
For those who love plain white type of bak kut teh (not the black peppery type) I recommend this brand. Lovely, just add water and few cloves of garlic and the bak kut and voila.... eat with rice, kiam chye and you char kuay.

Does it contain MSG? :o

chiaberry
18-09-11, 22:45
I live near Bishan and I go to Sengkang often (for my kids sch/tuition). I would choose Bishan area even if not near MRT rather than Sengkang as it is more central to get to other parts of Singapore and also much nearer to town. It is a nightmare driving into the City (financial centre) in the morning as there are 2 ERP gantries with hefty charges to go through and the traffic is also :eek:

There will be many improvements to the infrastructure in Bishan in the coming years with the upcoming Thomson Line taking some of the load off the NSL for MRT. And for the roads there will be the NS Expressway and the new road going through Bukit Brown.

For those with school going kids, Bishan is also nearer to those super schools (RI/Hwa Chong/Nanyang etc) and to NUS and most of the Polytechnics.

devilplate
18-09-11, 22:51
Actually i find it better for me to stay far eastern side....i get to enjoy the drive longer:D

Ecp towards city is pretty smooth in the evening:D

For those working fulltime in cbd, definitely better to stay in central....can sleep 20-30mins longer:D

Condo with easy access to expressway also goodie....like bayshore area

dtrax
18-09-11, 22:55
hmm how about:
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/6378733/for-sale-parc-sophia
2RM, close to 1000 sqft, FH, 1.6mil, central, 1-2mrt stops to cbd n orchard

ysyap
18-09-11, 22:58
I live near Bishan and I go to Sengkang often (for my kids sch/tuition). I would choose Bishan area even if not near MRT rather than Sengkang as it is more central to get to other parts of Singapore and also much nearer to town. It is a nightmare driving into the City (financial centre) in the morning as there are 2 ERP gantries with hefty charges to go through and the traffic is also :eek:

There will be many improvements to the infrastructure in Bishan in the coming years with the upcoming Thomson Line taking some of the load off the NSL for MRT. And for the roads there will be the NS Expressway and the new road going through Bukit Brown.

For those with school going kids, Bishan is also nearer to those super schools (RI/Hwa Chong/Nanyang etc) and to NUS and most of the Polytechnics.Every person's view of preference of location is always biased. For a family who stays in Woodlands and works in the far north and children studying in the far north will prefer to buy a unit in the north rather than where you may think is better. Most people use to take the financial centre as a point of reference for location comparison but that is only good for resale value, aka investment property. Own stay property must always suit your family's requirements and not other people's perceived preference! Cheers! :cheers1:

devilplate
18-09-11, 23:00
hmm how about:
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/6378733/for-sale-parc-sophia
2RM, close to 1000 sqft, FH, 1.6mil, central, 1-2mrt stops to cbd n orchard
Goodie but some tenants may not like the walk to the main road...a little slopy

dtrax
18-09-11, 23:02
Goodie but some tenants dun like the walk to the main road...a little slopy

yup definitely not for older folks, walk to mrt ok, walk b to home frm mrt can be pain in the ass if u climb the flight of stairs

devilplate
18-09-11, 23:03
yup definitely not for older folks, walk to mrt ok, walk b to home frm mrt can be pain in the ass if u climb the flight of stairs
Wana take cab also abit sian....goto walk to selegie rd unless book cab

buttercarp
18-09-11, 23:07
Does it contain MSG? :o

It contains "seasoning" according to the list of ingredients but did not specify whether it has MSG.

maisonjai
18-09-11, 23:28
can walk back from Little india mrt instead or Bencoolen mrt in future.

dtrax
18-09-11, 23:36

actually i rather walk b frm DG mrt, despite the stairs, little india n other mrt still quite far. Unless got walking problem, i think still ok

devilplate
18-09-11, 23:46
Bencoolen Nearest rite?

maisonjai
19-09-11, 10:27
Bencoolen Nearest rite?
Bencoolen - 560m thru Cathay / 660m by Middle rd
Little India - 620m
Rochor - 620m
DG - 430m thru Cathay / 760m by Selegie

actually i rather walk b frm DG mrt, despite the stairs
climbing up those stairs need strong legs :jogging:. Gentle slope still ok for me.

i like Nomu, for Sophia Res think there's a gate @ Kirk Ter

dtrax
19-09-11, 10:51
Bencoolen - 560m thru Cathay / 660m by Middle rd
Little India - 620m
Rochor - 620m
DG - 430m thru Cathay / 760m by Selegie

climbing up those stairs need strong legs :jogging:. Gentle slope still ok for me.

i like Nomu, for Sophia Res think there's a gate @ Kirk Ter

For sophia there are 3 ways, 2 staircases via cathay residence and the other end of nomu, kirk ter is a normal gentle slope. For Parc Sophia, you can only climb the stairs...daily workout :)

cl0ver
19-09-11, 12:35
come on guys.. we are referring to 3 bedders not 2 bedder.
For 1.7m 2 bedder, there are of course lots of choices out there

Please let me know if there is a 3 bedder 1300sqft FH near MRT (500m) in central location? I think the wrong side of Balestier may have if some considered it central.

DC33_2008
19-09-11, 12:59
Will be more than $2 mil. ;)

Please let me know if there is a 3 bedder 1300sqft FH near MRT (500m) in central location? I think the wrong side of Balestier may have if some considered it central.

Lovelle
19-09-11, 13:10
dont like pepper BKT, but Klang BKT at Beach Road is nice too, so ok lah, 10mins drive from Novena....

where is the Klang BKT in beach road ? issit in black sauce ?

cl0ver
19-09-11, 13:10
Will be more than $2 mil. ;)

Tessarina?
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/6387641/for-sale-the-tessarina

DC33_2008
19-09-11, 13:16
I thought you mean CENTRAL and less than 500m from MRT. This one is more than that and not really central.
Tessarina?
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/6387641/for-sale-the-tessarina

cl0ver
19-09-11, 13:19
I thought you mean CENTRAL and less than 500m from MRT. This one is more than that and not really central.

yeah, not really central, but i thought it is within 500m from new MRT?

DC33_2008
19-09-11, 13:20
Property guru shows 660m. Not that near to walk.
yeah, not really central, but i thought it is within 500m from new MRT?

cl0ver
19-09-11, 13:31
Property guru shows 660m. Not that near to walk.

660 is walkable lah... mai hiam.
straight line rite? maybe the entrance is closer.

How about Pavillion 11? 700m to Novena MRT

chiaberry
19-09-11, 14:01
Thomson 800 D11 0.36km to Caldecott MRT
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/6303419/for-sale-thomson-800

howgozit
19-09-11, 14:15
Side track abit.....

I don't think guys really go JB just for bak kut teh lah....:hell-hath-no-fury:

evergreen
19-09-11, 14:23
It contains "seasoning" according to the list of ingredients but did not specify whether it has MSG.
That means have lo :p

I don't think guys really go JB just for bak kut teh lah....:hell-hath-no-fury:
They go JB because they hope they'll get to do naked squats in front of immigration officers:D

cl0ver
19-09-11, 15:06
where is the Klang BKT in beach road ? issit in black sauce ?

http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/leong_kee_klang_bak_kut_teh/

cl0ver
19-09-11, 15:14
Thomson 800 D11 0.36km to Caldecott MRT
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/6303419/for-sale-thomson-800

This is similar to Clover location right? Trade off is FH but not near to amenities. Also if face reservoir, nice.. but face if Mt Alvernia... urghh..

chiaberry
19-09-11, 16:11
This is similar to Clover location right? Trade off is FH but not near to amenities. Also if face reservoir, nice.. but face if Mt Alvernia... urghh..

Near to MRT but not to the shops. However if you take a long term view they could develop that area. There are multiple plots with high plot ratio on the URA master plan 2008 around Caldecott station. Agree that Mt Alvernia is not a good facing but unfortunately the reservoir is also in the same direction.

For your budget, hard to get a FH 3-bedder in an ideal/central location. You may have to revise your budget upwards for your requirements. Or else wait for that long-awaited (?will it ever come?) "crash".

Perhaps you should have kept Clover.......? If for own stay it's still not bad for the price actually.

dtrax
19-09-11, 17:21
3rm, 1200sqft, FH, Central, Near MRT, Where to find? I oso want to know. ATT already 9XX psf :doh:

ay123
19-09-11, 17:27
3rm, 1200sqft, FH, Central, Near MRT, Where to find? I oso want to know. ATT already 9XX psf :doh:

cityscape. advertised from 1235psf FH

cl0ver
20-09-11, 09:13
Near to MRT but not to the shops. However if you take a long term view they could develop that area. There are multiple plots with high plot ratio on the URA master plan 2008 around Caldecott station. Agree that Mt Alvernia is not a good facing but unfortunately the reservoir is also in the same direction.

For your budget, hard to get a FH 3-bedder in an ideal/central location. You may have to revise your budget upwards for your requirements. Or else wait for that long-awaited (?will it ever come?) "crash".

Perhaps you should have kept Clover.......? If for own stay it's still not bad for the price actually.

are u saying that Clover is worth 1.7m to keep for own stay?
i also think its hard to get 3bedder FH, central and near MRT, but someone here mentioned can find mah.

there is always a trade off in today's market. but for me, i rank location way above FH/LH, so in the end i would probably end up with a LH unit with my budget.

DC33_2008
20-09-11, 09:18
Not sure if One Leicester near potong pasir mrt stn suits you. It may be within your budget, FH and walking distance to mrt.
are u saying that Clover is worth 1.7m to keep for own stay?
i also think its hard to get 3bedder FH, central and near MRT, but someone here mentioned can find mah.

there is always a trade off in today's market. but for me, i rank location way above FH/LH, so in the end i would probably end up with a LH unit with my budget.

devilplate
20-09-11, 09:42
few mths back, i saw some older resale at robin rd D10 selling ard 1600psf.....FH near future mrt....

irisng
20-09-11, 12:59
GWC is not near MRT leh....
and is it FH and at least 1200sqft?

Condo name: Tiara

Eldenfirefly
20-09-11, 15:13

I think not so easy to find, unless its an older condo. Leashold OCR near MRT these days already at 1000 psf to 1100 psf. Freehold CCR should be more expensive anyway you slice it. And since you want 3 bedder, then it can't be too small. At least 1400 to 1500 sq feet. If we do the math, 1500 sq feet and budget 1.7 million, then we are looking at just 1133 psf. Even if we choose a smaller 1400 sq feet, we are looking at 1214 psf.

Are there freehold unit in central (CCR) region now at 1133 to 1214 psf? Erm, unless fairly old condo, else I think hard to find.

cl0ver
20-09-11, 15:37
1.6m all 2 bedders....